New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

Default Re: Eragon the Lynching II: The First Age

Tele what-ed?

Inigo. Who are these people?

I don't know Fezzik. But they speak of strange things and have witching powers.

Who are you people? I'm Andre the Giant Fezzik.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Damnable elf-whore! You should learn to respect me! To fear me! Do you think mistress of Arach-Tinilith is some badge given to any harlot's brood like you?! Do you think I outlived my mother by courtesy and manners?! NO?! I killed everyone who stood in my way! Lolth chose me! ME! I AM MEANT FOR THIS! I AM THE BELOVED OF DARKNESS AND HATE ITSELF!

Quenthel would very much like to scream these things. Very, very much so. She would like said screaming to be accompanied with the queen's lungs being filled with black widows. But that isn't happening now. A wiser creature, perhaps a creature of a distinctly not-drow nature, would see that stubbornness, pride, and paranoia aren't commonplace on the surface as below. That creature is in another room, being interrogated by a dark elf.

Quenthel can't speak, can't move. She seethes in unbridled hate as she does the only thing a desperate person can; she musters up all her hate and fear and love, and she prays. "Lolth... Mother of Spiders... Queen of the Demonweb Pits... Mistress of Lusts... Hear me. Hear me in this, an hour of need. It is neither mine nor yours, it is both. I claim no folly, I claim no weakness in your face, but I do claim ambition. I do claim the want to bring these godless heathens to their knees, to watch them laid low at my feet. I claim this not for myself, but for you. I would see this forest burn and watch the spires of your temple rise, but that is still only ambition. These fools, these lost misguided maggots have been fed lies for so long that you're truth is as poison to them. By decree I should kill them but I cannot, I do not have the will to do that. I would use them, Mistress, I would use them for you and your mysteries as a weapon, as a venom. For this I admit to selfishness, for this I admit to betrayal and begging. I admit this to you for the noblest of all your purposes, for all your devices, for revenge. I would see the traitor Do'Urden watch corruption and hate consume weakness, devour his ideals and make suffering a web in these elf hearts. So I submit, for the sake of vengeance, for the sake of grace and power, I submit myself as I am at heart, as your whore, as your servant, as your puppet and tool, I submit one request; grant me but a drop of your glory. Grant me but a touch of your pain and fear. Grant it to me so they may tremble in ecstasy, and know you as I do."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    Malus smiles like a snake. "Good. I was a noble, and became quite adept at the game of politics. It is nice to know at least one of the skills I picked up will be of some use outside The land of Chill. The wasted time of my childhood still burdens me, even now.” He sighs. “First, never force an opinion. Allow them to reach their own conclusions, and simply guide when necessary. It may be that this Priestess has already betrayed herself, which will be nice, but if not you must be prepared to accept what she believes. People will resist when they feel they are being forced.”
    "Second, never say more then you have to. Find out what she knows before you speak. Never trust without reason, and make it a good reason. You're ready." He gets to his feet. "Lets see what she has discovered, and then make her see sense."

Shaidar Haran
    Shaidar Haran places a hand on the king’s shoulder to awaken him. “Your instruction in the world’s secrets begins, sire. I cannot use magic, but I have knowledge of it beyond your wildest dreams. What do you know of magic?”
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Surda Prison

"Pleasure to meet you, Fezzic." One of the guards politely replies.

"We're going to need to take a quick look inside your mind, to check if you're telling the truth. It won't hurt a bit, and we need to do it if you are going to leave the cell. Is that alright with you?"

Queen's Hall

The hall of Queen Islanzadi is polished daily. The walls and ceilings gleam, and the wood and stones are the envy of all. Yet, in one small forgotten corner of the room, there lies a spider. Down from the ceiling it drops on a single thread of silk, crawling over to Quenthal's ear. It bites down...and power rushes through the priestesses veins.

Castle Galbatorix

Despite being woken up suddenly, and from what appears to be a savage nightmare, the king seems fully in control of his mental facilities.

"Many things. I have studied the Art for over one thousand years. There is little that I do not know about it."

Interrogation Room

"As you wish. After you." Draining his cup, Drizzt fondly pats his scimitars as he rises from the chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus turns his back to open the door, replaceing his tattered red cloak and adjusting his swordbelt. Normally he wouldn't dream of doing so unless he had Hauclir or Silar with him to watch it, but this wasn't that sort of man. He’s spill blood as if it was water of anyone who tried to fight him, but would probably geld himself before he descended to something so dishonourable. It was all the same to Malus.
    Nodding at the guard who stood by the door, he descends towards the audience room, already planning what he would say.

Shaidar Haran
    “I don’t mean it’s applications, although that is important. I mean how it works, what it is, and why.” The fade says. "There is much you will have to learn."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-19 at 12:08 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Who are the snakes and foxes? I think I know who you mean with snakes but the foxes I know not. Also, would there be any weapons of signifigance down upon this world we are on, and who are the Varden?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Samuari Jack

Jack stops trying to convince the chosen and helps to seal the tree. He'll have to find another way to deal with Aku at a later time.

Eddie Riggs

"Just Eddie please. You know, if the car's bothering you we can get you a horse dude." Eddie says as they pull up to the bus.

"Cause otherwise you'll be riding on this a lot and I think we can both agree that it would be better if you don't throw up all over my ride."

Headbangers

Three of the Headbangers take spots on the floor to rest. Those three shall be Sloan's personal body guards until further notice.

The other three make there way back to the bus.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis
    "No." The red Priestess replies shortly.
    Stannis gets to his feet, helping Davos up. "Battle?" Stannis blinks. "Tell me about it. Who is fighting?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

What? Check our minds? You mean torture us.

Inigo. We aren't just going to let them hurt us are we?

No Fezzik.

Inigo leaps at the closest guard, and tries to stab him through the heart. Fezzik bull rushes another person. He tries to punch his head off.

(Inigo knows that they don't mean torture...but since they are there to kill a important member of the Varden...well this was kinda going to have to happen...)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Surda Prison

Inigo is the best there is at swordplay. His study of the art of fencing is unparalleled-yet. The guard never had a chance. Neither did Fezzic's.

The young lad takes a single look at what the two had done, and begins advancing...in the opposite direction. The other guards keep their halberds at the ready, hoping that the narrow entrance will keep the duo pinned down.

Surda Border

Angela sighs. "I don't suppose you'd say yes if I kissed you, right? Didn't think so."

Rolling her eyes, Angela frowns at the king. "You really aren't from around here, are you? From the looks of things...Eelfinn. Hanging is usually their style. Well, we are, of course. Fighting. Against one of the most arrogant, murderous..." the witch uses words that no proper lady would use...especially in those...creative combinations. Some of those acts could not be physically possible. "...with a goat eating out of it."

Ellcrys

The Chosen seem grateful for the help, or at least don't attack the Samurai. Granted, none of them carry any weapons or armor, but still...the man did just attempt to end the world. However unknowingly.

The one that Jack stabbed earlier ends up working beside him. "There is a way, you know. To restore her. It should work even in your time."

Uru-Baen

"No...sir...I'll be fine." The man is clearly lying, but you have to admire his courage. Although he does seem to be getting used to the unfamiliar motion.

"The Varden are encamped approximately one thousand leagues west of south of our current position, sir."

Dras-Leona

"Well...you'd have to be a Light-burned fool to try dealing with them. You've dealt with the Aelfinn, if you're referring to a bunch of snake-like creatures. They adore answering questions without telling you a thing; told me who I was going to marry...I ended up kidnapping Tuon-sorry, Fortuona-until I figured out who she was."

Matrim Cauthon scratches his eyepatch, and pulls out a pipe. A match flickers as he puffs into it.

"The Eelfinn are far more dangerous. They grant wishes, and require a price up front for them. Not that they'd tell you that, of course. Tried to hang me after I visited them." Around his neck lies a black silk scarf. Pulling it loose for a moment reveals an ugly scar around the man's neck. "Would have died had it not been for Rand. As for weapons, I don't have a clue. I never liked this particular Age; too little gambling, and the women are far too uptight to dance with."

((waiting on Quenthal for Malus))

Castle Galbatorix

"Very well. Now get out of my room." The king gets out of his bed, dressed in a pair of gray pajamas.

"A lesson in magic can wait until I have some proper clothing on."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

Them guards have obviously never met these two. Inigo darts like lightning, stabbing and slashing at the still living guards. Fezzik picks up a dead body and throws it through the door way, trying to hit the lad with the hammer.

Fezzik. A bigger door please.

Okay.

...The Fezzik express is now chugging towards the door...

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis
    The red priestess has a momentary flicker of uncertainty. Her life is filled with a single universal truth, the power and knowledge of the lord of Light.
    Here she is. Her purpose, to fight the coming darkness, is irrelevant here. She has no knowledge of the world, and has no flames to gaze in and learn the future or the fires will.
    Stannis however, straightens his shoulders. "Madam, please take me to the one you serve." He says, with all the regal dignity he can muster. "I have questions for her."
    Davos gets to his feet, leaning on his king.

Dras-Leona
    "No. The first age, when my people returned to build the land anew, when wonders were built and the world itself seemed our servant and the gods walked among us. When the dwarves were our friends, when man began his ascent, when nothing seemed insurmountable. " Feanor's eyes grow misty, before snapping back, burning hatred replacing it. "Who can know the nature of the world. Legend fades to myth, and things that should not be forgotten are lost."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Shaidar Haran
    The fade shakes it's head. "I have no interest in such meaningless customs, Galbatorix. What I am going to teach you cannot wait. We shall begin with the basics. Who are the most powerful lords in the kingdom, and how much can you trust them?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Dras-Leona

"Feh. Right now, we've got a war between a sociopath child and a man whose sold his soul more times than I gamble. Your race is arrogant and haughty, and the dwarves aren't going to last very long in their mountains. Flaming dragons walk the land, and dice haven't been invented yet. Blood and bloody ashes, just once I want us to invent a flaming set of dice before we start hacking each other to bits."

Surda Border

Angela walks over to Melisandre, and puts an arm around the priestesses shoulder.

"It'll be alright, dear. Come on, I'll get you settled in front of a fire, maybe tell your fortune for a change...anything can happen. Come on, Your Royal Boorishness. Nuasda is going to be in for a shock, isn't she?"

Castle Galbatorix

"Very well," he growls.

"There are almost one hundred nobles of stature in the Empire. Of these, the three most prominent are the Duke Holdensfield of Teirm; Khell, the Mayor of Dras-Leonia and leader of the Helgrind cult; and my designated Heir, Murtagh. Of the three, the only one I would trust is my heir. He is bound to serve me, while the other two plot and scheme against each other...and me."

Surda Prison

The lad swings his hammer, and deflects the body. The door is pulverized; the remaining guards are either dead or unconscious.

"In the name of the Varden, you will stand down!" The lad...no, man holds his hammer before him. An impressive, mighty warhammer, the young man knows how to use it.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-04-19 at 09:49 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

A Game of Thrones
    Stannis's eye flickers. He's never been comfortable around women, and doesn't realize she's being playful. Coming form a culture where even the gentlest rebuke can be interpreted as a killing insult, he has a certain amount of trouble swallowing his considerable pride.
    Davos follows him. He loves Stannis, all but worshiping the man, but he is very aware of his kings faults and limitations. Diplomacy is one. Stannis has never had the slightest amount of trouble saying it as he calls it.
    Melisandre does not follow. Holding her head high, she hautily walks into the first building she see's with the intention of finding a fire. It will most likely be far from informative, she doesn't know what she is looking for yet, but a thin thread is better then nothing.

Horn of the Valere
    "My people have done what they had too, much as yours have. War is part of being mortal. If I have a desire, it is that my enemy will one day deign to face me, rather then fleeing and taking the cowards way." His fist tightened so hard the bones began to creak.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

And Fezzik knows how to throw deadbodies and rubble until Inigo can run up to Roran Stronghammer and attack him with the six fingered sword. Fezzik will also charge and attack once Inigo gets to Roran.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The first thing Quenthel is aware of is pain. A burning pain. A suffering beyond agony, the white hot torture of a thousand Abyssal suns incinerating her blood. She lets out a scream, and that is her first step. The magical binding snap, letting Quenthel break free. She curls to the floor, still howling in pain as she feels a change come over her body, her fragile mortal shell for Lolth's power. She feels her hair become wet and matted, sticky even, as hundreds of spiders turn her hair into a living web. Eight points of pressure on Quenthel's back erupt into arachnid legs as deadly as spears. Quenthel feels muscle grow beneath her skin, her armor painfully straining against her. But Quenthel is happy, for this is the righteousness of Lolth.

The vipers on Quenthel's whip have no witty banter as they rise, no snarky comments. They let out a screaming sound best compared to a wind blowing in the hurricane of Quenthel's roar. Quickly, faster than she thought would be possible, Quenthel rises off the floor on her eight new legs. And in a moment, she is on the queen. She wraps one of the vipers around the queen's mouth as she pierces her shoulders with arachnid legs, and lets the queen take in her new form. It's hard for Quenthel not to scream in pain, not to keel over in agony, to beg Lolth to make the suffering stop. The high priestess bites the insider of her cheek, and as blood dribbles down her chin, she spitefully hisses; "Now -you- will answer me! Now -you- will be my audience! Look at me! Look at my form and despair, worm! Drink in the glory before you! Do you know who I am? Do you know the things I've done or where I've been? I have killed things your nightmares shudder at. I have lain with terrors that your soul dare not contemplate. My hands are awash in the blood of hundreds, if not thousands. I HAVE SEEN THE FACE OF DIVINITY ITSELF. And you presume, you, you of all lowly things, presume to tell me I have failed?! I, who have led armies of priestesses to certain death and come back stronger? I, who have reigned in the gatekeepers of the bottomless pit?

Allow me another question; who are you? What are you? Where are you going? Look at your city, your people. They grow weak and stagnant by the year. Every day, a little bit more of them wash away. Who will remember you a year after you are dust? No one. Who reveres you? No one. Who -fears- you? No one. And where does your destiny lie? In cold, dark oblivion. But my kind are strong. My kind are terrors. Cities on the other side of the world call us demon, and fear our very scent. Not a single child of our race cannot pull magic from her blood, and but one of our armies could devastate a land in days. We move forward, we evolve. We do more than survive on the scraps of hairless apes, we thrive. And we do it not with niceties and mercy, or valor and temperance. No; all that we accomplish is through Her grace, through the will of the Mother of Chaos.

What do you say of me now? Monster? Demon? Beast? Good. I chose that path, and embraced it. We are cruel because of a cruel mother, powerful because She is powerful. We live in the shadows because that is where She lives. And because we are one with Her, we will never die. My kind will always be, ever moving forward, ever trampling on the skulls of the conquered dead. What can you say of that? What can you say of your den of thieves out in the woods, kowtowing to the humans? Does the future not seem clear to you? How long before they devour you completely? How long before you are a children's fairy tale, the whisper of a lullaby?

She can give you a way out. She can give you strength and glory. She can halt your obscene decay, reverse it. Nothing is beyond Her! Submit to salvation! It is not so difficult. You have been without a truth to guide you so long. I cannot fault you, poisoned as you were by lies. But She can cure you. Here... have but a fraction of Her power, and kneel to the Mother."

Quenthel takes the smallest, most minute amount of her pain she can and channels it through one of her vipers. The chosen serpent forms the tiniest drop of venom imaginable, and bites into the queen's arm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Shaidar Haran
    "Good. A man needs one man he can trust. Encourage Murtagh to be brutaly honest. The other two need to be reigned in." He reaches into his robes, and removes a pair of devices constructed of crystal and wire. "These are Cour'souvra, or mindtraps. Once they are activated, you will be able to tell their every desire and thought, and, more then that, were you to crush them they would become mindless puppets existing to serve your will."
    He places them on the bedside.
    "I am sure you can see their use. Far more binding then oaths, wouldn't you agree? Second, who is your spymaster?"

Malus Darkblade
    Malus stumbles hitting the wall then falling flat on his face as TZ'arken hisses, it takes a moment for him to recognize the daemon is singing, an odd sound like the dragons in the depths of the ocean. You backed the wrong horse, Malus. Ungoliant emerges, and the priestess may win yet. Perhaps you should examine your reasons for being here.
    "Do not... presume to tell me... that." Malus forces, forgetting all about the drow ranger. "Why not tell me the ocean is wet while you're at it."
    Druchii, once more you have outsmarted yourself. Now why not do as I tell you for once, rather then waste time, and kill the ranger.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-19 at 10:28 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Surda Prison

Roran Stronghammer knows when he is outmatched. He flees rather than faces the two mercenaries. Flees up the stairs and into the fortress proper.

Surda War Room

"...And to conclude our impromptu tour of the castle, is the war room. Lady Nasuada is inside. I'll take my leave of you now, gentlemen. Ciao!" With that strange exclamation, Angela leaves Stannis and Davos in front of a pair of plain wooden doors. They look rather flimsy, even if they are locked...

Angela peeks her head around the corner. "Oh, and those doors can't be opened for another five minutes. Well, they could, but then you'd die a horrible, horrible death. Well, you should. Care to test the wards? Just wait there until the meeting is over. I've got to run. Big, important things to attend to."

Surda Kitchen

The firepit in the center of the room is perfect for Melisandre's needs. It takes but a few moment's work to get a fire going, and as Melisandre stares into the flames...Angela sits down beside her, breaking her concentration. Her voice is soft, worried. She seems serious, for the first time since the priestess has met her.

"How long have you known you could see the future?"

Queen's Hall

Islanzadi stiffens as the venom courses through her veins. Through gritted teeth, she forces out her reply.

"Maybe. But it is better,,,to die free than to live...a life...enslaved to another." Her eyes, resolved to her fate stare at the priestess.

A flash of white light. A sharp pain in Lolth's creation. Quenthal loses her grip on the elven monarch, who slides across the room. The light is bright; so bright that Quenthal is blinded for a brief second.

When her vision recovers, the queen stands crookedly opposite the priestess. Her arms shake as she grasps a slim wand of white wood, its length ablaze with silver fire. Her robes are tattered and covered in blood, her face a wreck. Her left side has more bruises than untarnished skin, and she looks barely able to lift herself. The venom coursing through her veins means that she has precious few minutes left. But her eyes are hard, and stare straight into Quenthal's, and Islanzadi has never looked more like a queen than this moment.

There are no more words between the two. Only the moment, and the pause before battle.

Outside Queen's Hall

The doors to the hall are open; Malus can see everything. As the light of the Ellcrys wand reaches the dark elf, he can feel S'Tarken gone from his body, banished from his mind. And while he knows that it is only temporary, it still feels amazing.

Behind him, Drizzt gasps at the sight. "Quenthal Baenre. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Castle Galbatorix

"Useful devices to be sure. But their power lies more in the victim's knowledge of them rather than the soul-trap itself. The pair are deceitful, but they are competent in their duties; a mindless puppet would be worse than useless to the Empire. As for my spymaster...he is currently on assignment, on my direct orders. As of this moment, his name is Commander Benton."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

Surda Kitchen
    "Since I was a novice, when I was first brought into the mysteries of the faith. There is no secret to it, anyone with the training could learn. Simply stare at the flames until you see beyond the flickering shapes of R'hllor's children, and it is there, written plainly."
    She says,not breaking her concentration as the light playing across her features gives her an odd cast.

Stannis
    The King's hand stretches out, and then falls to his side. He's a superstitious man, and is inclined to believe such claims.
    Then his face hardens and he knocks, thunderously with the hilt of his sword. This cannot wait.
    Davos, standing beside him, shakes his head, but knows it's for the best. If Stannis waits on their leisure he will instantly be put on the back foot, shown to be weak.
    It's a stupid system, it occurs to him. Some matters or information can't be left to wait, and doing so shows decadence and complacency. Besides, it assumes that the inevitable spies aren't already in the room with you.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    "Free!" He roars briefly, letting Drizzt move past, then grabbing his shoulder at the last minute. "You'll only get in the way, and you're death will help Quenthal far more then the queen. Wait." He says sternly. "We'll interfere when it can do some good."

Shaidar Haran
    "Of course. Most of power is the appearance of control. Surely you know that. It's a mummers farce, a shadow on the wall. But if they believe it, then it can kill."
    The Fade straightens. "Next is something a bit more useful. Traveling. Tell me, do you need words to control your power?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-19 at 11:42 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #202

Samurai Jack

Jack looks at the chosen. "What do you mean?"

Eddie

The Headbangers return and Eddie sets about ordering them around.

"Headbangers you're staying here on the bus. Watch over the city, the King is up to something and if we don't get the magic we need from Eragon before killing him then we might end up staying here a long time. So it's best to keep tabs on him. Four Razorgirls, get on a bike, you're riding with Killmaster and the Barons, the rest of you stay with the Headbangers and look out for the city."

His men follow his orders and in second the Killmaster and Fire Barons are all set to ride out with a Razorgirl on the back seat and they drive off to the Varden encampment.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

Crap....They have to follow him..and they're screwed....They follow him.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Castle Surda

Running up the stairs, the pair of mercenaries keep their eyes open for any clues of Roran's position. As they round a corner, said clue arrives in the form of a hammer blow directly to Fezzic's gut.

Ellcrys

"The Ellcrys has a method for self-renewal. She gives a designated Chosen one of her seeds, who takes it to the foundation of Bloodfire, and returns to plant the seed as she withers."

The Great Plain of Gil'ead

Commander Benton looks far more relieved now, especially as he looks at the cycles some of the other troops ride. The look on his face makes it clear that he views riding a motorcycle to be a fate worse than death. It was also extremely funny; a cross between "Oh crap, I forgot to hide the weed and the cops are coming" and "We are about to be mobbed by a horde of ravenous fangirls".

"Sir, could you please enlighten me as to the capabilities of your troops? This way I can more effectively help you with tactics and strategies."

Castle Galbatorix

The king grunts. "Aye. The ancient nameless language was sealed into the fabric of magic by The Grey Folk, and their binding on it remains."

Surda Kitchen

Angela looks into the flame as well.

"I was born with the ability. I could see people's futures always, every second of every day. I knew their lives, their deaths, everything. It was a curse. My training was the opposite of yours, Melisandre. I have to constantly remain on the move; to be calm and centered brings the visions back. I forced myself to reduce my power, to dilute it until it would manifest only via certain talismans. I look into the fire, and I see only flames. No more. What do you see, priestess?"

Melisandre sees...death. An ancient darkness, a servant of the Great Lord of the Dark. Not a servant; the very Hand of the Dark One. She sees the Empire in flames, the Varden confused and disorganized. She sees the Heroes of Light bound together and called forth at the sound of a Horn. And behind the chaos, she sees the symbol of a triangle, bisected by a wavy line.

Surda War Room

The door opens almost before the first knock. The war room is filled with men and women in armor, perched over an unrolled map. One of them, tall and dark of skin, and possessing the surety of the competent, looks up at Stannis.

"We were wondering when you would try to come in. It's a good way to get the measure of a man."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

Fezzik, who is used to fighting men with weapons, takes the blow and tries to wrap one arm around the hammer, and Roran's hand and the other around Roran's body. Crushing hug go!

Inigo tries to dash up and skewer Roran's throat, with the six fingered sword.

26. - Top - End - #206

Eddie Riggs

"Oh right. Killmaster is what we call a Thunderhog, no real offensive ability but his bass track will patch up anything short of a mortal wound. The Fire Barons as you can guess from their name control fire, they are good for taking out buildings and disrupting formations. The Razorgirls wield Razorboar carcasses, think a cross between a wild boar, a dragon and pile of swords, they are our ranged support but they can hold there own if the enemy gets too close. The Headbangers that we left in town form our rank and file, due to some nasty curses and years of mining with only their skulls for tools their heads are essentially very powerful hammers, they ain't too bright though." Eddie explains motioning towards each unit as he mentions them.

The Killmaster glares at Benton and Eddie.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Shaidar Haran
    "So it was. What is magic? The higher science few practice that brings comprehension of the universe, immortality, but little power, the lesser power more common, that you do. You have considerable tallent, but insufficient instruction in the secrets of the art. Much has been forgotten. It is my task to teach it too you."
    "Focus on the pattern, the fate weaving beneath the world. It is important you understand it, feel it. Now, you bore a hole through it, to another part of the world. That is the secret of traveling."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis
    The king grunts, then moves to the head of the table. He doesn't sit, but he looks down at them. Davos waits where he is standing.
    "I am Stannis." He begins, his stern face taking the measure of everyone of them. "Who are you?"

Surda Kitchen
    The Red priestess gets to her feet, satisfied by what she has learned. No immediate threats, but it is clear to her. There is no room for doubt in the red priestesses life, from her interpretation of scripture to her every decision. Stannis is not mearly Azor Ahai reborn. Stannis is the man himself, and the lord of light has brought him to this time to begin his destiny. He will need her help.
    She stands upright, then looks at the herbalist. “Our paths are never easy. But if they were they wouldn’t be worth taking.”

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That is a shame, people of this world can't play dice, and that war going on..."
    Wait where's Enkidu?" He says realizing his green wolf companion is nowhere to be found within the horn.
    "Arrrgghhh! I must return and get him back, now."
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-04-21 at 08:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Fool. If you will not accept Lolth into your heart, then I will send you to her maw." Quenthel pours divine magic into her serpent whip, strengthening the snakes and forcing black spines to grow all along the length of their bodies. Eight legs with tips so sharp they pierce the ground, Quenthel steadies herself and charges, screaming out as she flails her whip, "NOW DIE!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters