New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Six

Quote Originally Posted by Dihan View Post
    Why is it that I can't even bring myself to come out to a lesbian friend?
    Only you can answer that question, dude.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    It is a very culturally imperialistic of them (which is amusing, cause they are normally very anti-cultural imperialism). The reasoning seems to be that since English could do away with the gender-system centuries ago - why can't the rest of the world's 6 000 languages not stop moaning and get on board with the program?
    OMG I would so be on board with this. Trying to remember different genders is what really messed me up studying Latin, and it's even worse in German. Like, "boy," is masculine, so that makes sense, but "skirt" is also masculine. (Hey wait, maybe they're onto something there... ) "Girl" is neuter, as is "baby," but "cat" is feminine. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    I have now come out to 100% of my parents.

Everything went very well.
    Whoo! Congrats!

3. - Top - End - #723

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    <.< >.> I shall call Albis: Attractive. =3 Because Albis is cute. ^.^
    D'awwwww.

On a less cute note, I was a very sad gal yesterday. While out for lunch, the driver of the local Rappy-Wagon (what? No one ever said a personal vehicle name had to be cool) wanted to go to a furniture store. I obliged, somewhat begrudgingly, even though my rebellious stomach stated otherwise.

Cut to about 20 minutes later, I'm very hungry and not thinking clearly. I go up to one of their beds, inspect it, and state "I shall be a very proud mattress queen with this one!"

I could have sworn the stares I got had heat vision coupled with them.
    LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #724

WolfInSheepsClothing

Whoohoo! Congratulations, Nano! *most abundant hugs and cuddles*
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

@ Nano: Congrats!!!

@ Jacklu: Then I shall call Jacklu "Cuddly". XD

@ Danne: Latin is EVIL. Latin gender system is REALLY EVIL. (had to study it during high school, with a good teacher the first two years, a boring stuck-up prick for the remaining two... as expected, I liked Latin the first two years, to the point I had learnt how to translate without a dictionary... but got lazy when the teacher who could make me concentrate and work pleasingly retired, and in the last three years I got lazy about it and only did what was needed for me to pass with an average grade... AND grew to hate Latin.)

@ Rappy: Rappy-Wagon is a cool name! Lol, my friends and I do that kind of thing quite often...
    Let me share a bit of our stupidity:
    Last Sunday, for example.. we went to an amusement park (because you're never too old for amusement parks) and went in a very old ride, that's called the "Castle of Tricks"... it's very interesting, you have to progress quickly because each door you pass closes behind you and there are voices that urge you to go forward... up until you reach a room where the supposed "Lord of Tricks" announces through a speaker how you're never going to escape as the door closes..... the point of the room is that the door closes, the ceilings starts descending a bit, but when it seems to touch your head a secret doors opens on the other side.
    ....this time, the first door didn't close, probably because the staff man in the control room didn't push his button... it was ridiculous... the passage back wide open and a voice saying "now you'll NEVER get out! muahahahah!"...
    ...so I went right by the door and declared loudly: "Oh gosh, we're gonna be trapped if we don't escape now!"
    a friend of mine came near me and said "hey, the door's still open why don't we--" *the staff man finally realizes that his break is over and the door closes* "ohff*ck! would you look at that? it just closed!" XD
    There was a couple other than us, and they wouldn't stop laughing...
    Not to mention the part where there's a giant rotating barrel that only stops a few seconds and you have to pass through when it stosps... most of us passed through, but another friend of mine stayed behind and when it started spinning again he jumped in it and ran on his all fours, saying "look at me! I'm a hamster!"
    ...fortunately it wasn't forbidden so they didn't kick us out. XD
    "Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door."

Yuu Kanda avatar by Jacklu! =)

6. - Top - End - #726
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Good on yer, Nano.
    Why is it that I can't even bring myself to come out to a lesbian friend?
    Crippling Neuroses? You always feel like she's judging you as it is, and feel that they'll become unbearably stuffy about judging how well you fit the queer cause? I should know how?

Have you begun examining your feelings using a socratic-like method of tracking the feelings of discomfit back and back until you reach a root or roots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by albis View Post

@ Danne: Latin is EVIL. Latin gender system is REALLY EVIL. (had to study it during high school, with a good teacher the first two years, a boring stuck-up prick for the remaining two... as expected, I liked Latin the first two years, to the point I had learnt how to translate without a dictionary... but got lazy when the teacher who could make me concentrate and work pleasingly retired, and in the last three years I got lazy about it and only did what was needed for me to pass with an average grade... AND grew to hate Latin.)
    This happened with me and Japanese .

@ Rappy: Rappy-Wagon is a cool name! Lol, my friends and I do that kind of thing quite often...
    Let me share a bit of our stupidity:
    Last Sunday, for example.. we went to an amusement park (because you're never too old for amusement parks) and went in a very old ride, that's called the "Castle of Tricks"... it's very interesting, you have to progress quickly because each door you pass closes behind you and there are voices that urge you to go forward... up until you reach a room where the supposed "Lord of Tricks" announces through a speaker how you're never going to escape as the door closes..... the point of the room is that the door closes, the ceilings starts descending a bit, but when it seems to touch your head a secret doors opens on the other side.
    ....this time, the first door didn't close, probably because the staff man in the control room didn't push his button... it was ridiculous... the passage back wide open and a voice saying "now you'll NEVER get out! muahahahah!"...
    ...so I went right by the door and declared loudly: "Oh gosh, we're gonna be trapped if we don't escape now!"
    a friend of mine came near me and said "hey, the door's still open why don't we--" *the staff man finally realizes that his break is over and the door closes* "ohff*ck! would you look at that? it just closed!" XD
    There was a couple other than us, and they wouldn't stop laughing...
    Not to mention the part where there's a giant rotating barrel that only stops a few seconds and you have to pass through when it stosps... most of us passed through, but another friend of mine stayed behind and when it started spinning again he jumped in it and ran on his all fours, saying "look at me! I'm a hamster!"
    ...fortunately it wasn't forbidden so they didn't kick us out. XD
    You and your friends are incredible and when I visit Italy in a few years I want to hang out with you
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Orc in the Playground

Sure thing Anuan! =)

9. - Top - End - #729

Sure thing Anuan! =)
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>

He's only allowed to go if I can come too.

ION: out to everyone to whom I currently feel the need to be. Unfortunately, this does not include family, and that'll probably never be a viable option.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

10. - Top - End - #730

NecromancerGuy

In this case, never being once you're finally financially independent of them.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #731
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>

He's only allowed to go if I can come too.
    Actually, he's allowed to come if all of you can come too!

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

I'll come if I can. ^_^
    I'm out to all three parents and two rl friends.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    This happened with me and Japanese
    And Japanese isn't even gender-specific...

I had a dull teacher for 4/5 years, but she occasionally told amusing stories about the public baths.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

It wasn't the gender-thing, it was just the "YAY AWESOME, I'M LEAR-Oh. You're a crap teacher. ...Yeah, bugger this." effect. But that's for another thread
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Crippling Neuroses? You always feel like she's judging you as it is, and feel that they'll become unbearably stuffy about judging how well you fit the queer cause? I should know how?

Have you begun examining your feelings using a socratic-like method of tracking the feelings of discomfit back and back until you reach a root or roots?
    Perhaps...

She has an official position in my university's LGBT Society so, not being a member, I may subconsciously feel that I don't measure up.

I think I'm also a bit wary of her blurting it out in front of my other friends. Not that it's a problem, but I'd rather tell people when I'm ready.

16. - Top - End - #736

You're gonna have to tell someone first.*

*Unless you come up with a needlessly complex scheme to broadcast your sexuality publically so everyone views it at the same time.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

*Unless you come up with a needlessly complex scheme to broadcast your sexuality publically so everyone views it at the same time.
    Preferably at some sort of sporting event using a jumbo-tron
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

I've told my close friends from school. Nobody at university knows though.

19. - Top - End - #739

WolfInSheepsClothing

If I come visit Attractive (AKA: Albis) with everyone else, people might not appreciate it. <.< >.> Considering I would glomp him the moment I got off the plane and cuddle until we all left again. <333

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

She has an official position in my university's LGBT Society so, not being a member, I may subconsciously feel that I don't measure up.
    Unless they have some official test where they present you with a member of your sex and tell you to kiss him/her, I can't think of a reason wouldn't measure up.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #741
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    If I come visit Attractive (AKA: Albis) with everyone else, people might not appreciate it. <.< >.> Considering I would glomp him the moment I got off the plane and cuddle until we all left again. <333
    Now now, there's no need to worry... having lots of baby cousins, I'm a professional cuddle-giver now, so anyone who needs cuddles will receive them X°D

22. - Top - End - #742

NecromancerGuy

I think I'm also a bit wary of her blurting it out in front of my other friends. Not that it's a problem, but I'd rather tell people when I'm ready.
    Have you at least admitted that this would be a very stupid thing to think?

And why aren't you ready for it to be known if you have no problem with them knowing?
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #743

WolfInSheepsClothing

=3 ^_^ *cuddles Albis* <333

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Have you at least admitted that this would be a very stupid thing to think?

And why aren't you ready for it to be known if you have no problem with them knowing?
    I know it's stupid. I'm a stupid person anyway.

Because I grew up with them whilst I've only known these people for, at the most, a year?

25. - Top - End - #745

I got invited to a gay and lesbian party today. By people at a stall, of course. But the way they told me about it made me wonder if I give off a "gay vibe" Pretty sure it was just slightly unfortunate wording, though.
    I got a rainbow sticker. Where should I put it?

26. - Top - End - #746

NecromancerGuy

Well, it sounds like you're in a place to work through it then, Dihan.

Hmm. I've always liked putting stickers on my hat. Where'd you end up putting it, Serps?
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #747

It's on the shelf over my workspace at uni. With luck, it'll... perturb the weirdly-maybe-homophobic fellow in the nearby desk
    I can't wear hats

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

I personally favor putting stickers on foreheads, but they never stay there long.

Also, you really seem to like razzing that guy. Maybe he's just socially awkward, not homophobic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

29. - Top - End - #749

Hey, I've only brought him up here twice now. I... not dislike, but... de-like him more because he insisted on telling me about how my ex boyfriend hangs out with ex-friend and gazes at her lovingly all the time, in great detail, even after I made it clear that it was not the sort of thing I wanted to discuss, than because of that
    But yeah, he's definitely socially awkward. Although another lady here, a... Uniting Church minister, I think, also thinks he's both socially awkward, and awkwardly homophobic.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-05-12 at 11:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Orc in the Playground

First of all, hello to everyone. Second, I need advice. :)

Here's the story.
    Spoiler
    Show

Asked, answered, removed.
    Thanks. :)
    Last edited by nefele; 2010-05-15 at 10:38 AM.
    The ghost of freedom ever comes
    with a knife between her teeth

Gestalt Warrior Arena Tournament (Tactics Galore) is now recruiting.
    Kerynia is a homebrew 3.5 Campaign Setting, currently on hold. But who knows...