New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: (invites only!!) Camp of the main army aka Bout camp for the smallfolk team

Quote Originally Posted by Light-Hero View Post
    You are currently in the camp of the main, planning your strategy, picking troops, etc. I am sure they have some gnome wizard that could do the trick for you.
    I have with a little luck precisely the creature I need. a force golem. CR 4 must see what's he worth, but that will be this evening. Wil write down the skills and specifics as soon as I know them.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: (invites only!!) Camp of the main army aka Bout camp for the smallfolk team

Question: What does SLA stand for and what does it mean. I have come across the term many times and never understood it. English is not my first language.
    Last edited by Light-Hero; 2010-04-08 at 09:55 AM.
    I come with the cold... PTHUJ

Andrews
    : Let me see if I have this correct, Lieutenant - it's an 8-foot creature of some kind with acid for blood, and it arrived on your spaceship. It kills on sight, and is generally unpleasant.
    — Alien3
    Warrick

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Light-Hero View Post
    Question: What does SLA stand for and what does it mean. I have come across the term many times and never understood it. English is not my first language.
    Spell like ability. Creatures have spell like abilities that imitate spells, without the individual actually being a spell caster.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

In short terms they can do things a normal creature can't. Badboom badabing. You die no save

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I get it, how obvious.
    Last edited by Light-Hero; 2010-04-08 at 11:20 AM.

Andrews
    : Let me see if I have this correct, Lieutenant - it's an 8-foot creature of some kind with acid for blood, and it arrived on your spaceship. It kills on sight, and is generally unpleasant.
    — Alien3
    Warrick

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

About Monster Manual 5, it takes a little bit longer does anybody has the book.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    Nope, sorry. All my books literally died in a fire.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

i might but im not at home at the moment. I know i have 1-4 not sure about 5. would have to check. but that wont be until another 5-6 hours before i'll get home. at school now.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    i might but im not at home at the moment. I know i have 1-4 not sure about 5. would have to check. but that wont be until another 5-6 hours before i'll get home. at school now.
    I have 1-4 too, but take it easy, it's more because I read something about force golems. CR4 golems. So that's why I want it

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ill try to remember and check if i have it when i get home.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hartelijk bedankt. Or like the English say Thank you very much.

Edit1: not necessary anymore just got it in. A force golem, will put the stats here in the next post (for allies and DM)
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2010-04-08 at 11:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

FORCE GOLEM Humanoid in shape but covered in reflective blue-green metal
    plates, this creature looks as though it has been mangled or rent by
    powerful hands. Its body sags as though its armor has melted, or
    perhaps was reshaped by great force.

Force Golem CR 4

Usually N Large construct
    Init +7;
    Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision;
    Listen +2, Spot +3
    Languages Common, Terran

AC 18, touch 16, flat-footed 15 (–1 size, +3 Dex, +4 deflection, +2 natural)
    hp 52 (4 HD); DR 5/adamantine
    Immune construct immunities, magic
    Resist sonic 10
    Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
    Weakness force vulnerability
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee 2 slams +6 each (1d8+4)
    Ranged pulse +5 ranged touch (knock back)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Base Atk +3; Grp +11
    Atk Options Point Blank Shot
    Special Actions force burst, force reactive
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 16, Con —, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
    SA force burst, force reactive, pulse
    SQ construct traits
    Feats Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot
    Skills Balance +8, Jump +11, Listen +2, Spot +3, Tumble +9
    Advancement 5–10 HD (Large); 11–15 HD (Huge)
    Immunity to Magic (Ex) A force golem is immune to spells
    and spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance. This
    immunity does not extend to force effects.
    Force Vulnerability (Ex) Force effects deal half again as much
    (+50%) damage to a force golem.
    Force Burst (Su) Once every 3 rounds, a force golem can
    create a 30-foot-radius burst of force centered on itself.
    Creatures in the area take 2d6 points of damage and
    are knocked prone. Those who succeed on a DC 14
    Reflex save take half damage and remain standing.
    Force golems are immune to this ability. The save DC is
    Charisma-based.
    Force Reactive (Su) Whenever an opponent attacks and
    misses a force golem with a melee attack, the force golem
    can turn the kinetic energy of the attack back on the
    attacker as an immediate action. The attacker is pushed
    5 feet into an empty square of the force golem’s choice.
    This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
    Pulse (Sp) A force golem can target any corporeal opponent
    within 60 feet with a ranged touch attack. If the force
    golem hits, it and its target make opposed Strength
    checks. If the force golem wins the opposed check, the
    opponent is pushed 10 feet in a direction of the golem’s
    choice and falls prone in the square it ends up in. This
    movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I want 20 CR of these to put on the walls. As a defense, someone disagreeing with me about that?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

hate to put this out there but do force golems really fit with the theme of small defenders?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Actually, how strange it sounds yes. It speaks Terran for one, the language of the earth. Besides that it looks like it's clothed in armor. And they are the best golems we can hire

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I want 20 CR of these to put on the walls. As a defense, someone disagreeing with me about that?
    Behind near breach is better. Want range at the walls.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    Behind near breach is better. Want range at the walls.
    This are our shocktroops so to speak . They need some range though. 30 ft around them there may be none of our troops (because of the 2d6 force effect every 3 rounds (every creature knocked prone is attackable

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

well we are only allowed 300 CR worth of creatures. As such that's 50 CR per player. I will only use 20 for rogues and whatnot so anyone else can use the other 30CR of mine.

As to the slings and magic stone, while a good idea, I like the idea of long range better along with arrows that can catch unattended food supplies/tents/war machines on fire.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

well we are only allowed 300 CR worth of creatures. As such that's 50 CR per player. I will only use 20 for rogues and whatnot so anyone else can use the other 30CR of mine.

As to the slings and magic stone, while a good idea, I like the idea of long range better along with arrows that can catch unattended food supplies/tents/war machines on fire.
    In that case I want 20/32 CR of golems behind me, the rest will be given to (complete with funds) to the recruitment officer aka Yukitsu.) So I need CR32 * 2 sp = 64 sp*14=896 sp = 89,6 gp that means I have left for the recruitment of other defense: 998-89.6=908.4 gp

I wil buy 5 Force Golems and 3 surprises I will post tomorrow (Magnacore Golems also CR4, creatures of Earth and Fire)
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2010-04-08 at 12:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

In that case, if they burrow, these Magnacore golems might make for a great sapper squad for following me. I need to get my hands in MMV to check.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vulaas View Post
    In that case, if they burrow, these Magnacore golems might make for a great sapper squad for following me. I need to get my hands in MMV to check.
    They do not burrow, they do melt ground though

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

I have a grand total of 6gp left atm, so I won't be using any troops. I work alone :-p

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ok here is a thought from me,

we allow deathslayer7 to get his rouges at whatever his CR # of people was, because dragonsbreath arrows are nasty against everything from siege weapons, food supplie, tents, even any gun powder they may have. I can spend the remaining of my gold on poison destribute it among his rouges then whatever food they don't burn they can posion.

Just a thought and that 300 CR level cap kinda hurts. but I think if you allow us to do this then we can do some serrious damage. As for the assassination attempts Deathslayer7 and myself can attempt to handle those. We would just need descriptions of targets and where they might be in the camp.

edit - this also means that I relinquish my 50 CR worth of people.
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2010-04-08 at 04:11 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I am trying to think of a non-psionic way to get minor creation at low levels. Anyone know of any method to do so? It makes black lotus poison free.

Edit: Urgh, small scale is hard for me sometimes. Last IRL campaign involved 834K soldiers and a support staff of 150K on field guarding a 3126 square kilometer region.
    Last edited by Yukitsu; 2010-04-08 at 04:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ok i suggest I go with my rogues on the premission for recon.

If this okay, let me know.

What I can do.

To get in I have shape change and as i enter i'll drink a potion of invis to hide from sentries. From there its my +18 disguise check to keep in disguise and if someone spots through it then a immediate bluff check to reestablish the blown disguise at a +7 modifier.

The first is against a spot, the second is against a sense motive. Once in it should be relatively easy to get the info i need. I could try to poison their food supplies as well as try to burn down one of their siege weapons (on the way out).

Rogues if need be, can provide a one second distraction if i need to get into a certain tent or need a quick escape route.

edit:
    stats for level 1 rogues (race to be determined) with padded armor, shortbow 20 arrows and 2 dragons breath arrows. Two daggers and padded armor.

Leader level 3 rogue (race to be determined) with studded leather, shortbow 2 daggers, light mace along with 20 arrows and 2 dragons breath arrows.

what would their stats be.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2010-04-08 at 07:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ok i suggest I go with my rogues on the premission for recon.

If this okay, let me know.

What I can do.

To get in I have shape change and as i enter i'll drink a potion of invis to hide from sentries. From there its my +18 disguise check to keep in disguise and if someone spots through it then a immediate bluff check to reestablish the blown disguise at a +7 modifier.

The first is against a spot, the second is against a sense motive. Once in it should be relatively easy to get the info i need. I could try to poison their food supplies as well as try to burn down one of their siege weapons (on the way out).

Rogues if need be, can provide a one second distraction if i need to get into a certain tent or need a quick escape route.

edit:
    stats for level 1 rogues (race to be determined) with padded armor, shortbow 20 arrows and 2 dragons breath arrows. Two daggers and padded armor.

Leader level 3 rogue (race to be determined) with studded leather, shortbow 2 daggers, light mace along with 20 arrows and 2 dragons breath arrows.

what would their stats be.
    I think the rogues use your stats. One thing on the recon mission, let one small group of rogues cause mayhem on the opponnents side of the camp.Than it's easier to sneak in at your site.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I am a little busy at the moment I will be posting stats and answering questions tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Andrews
    — Alien3
    Warrick

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Can someone direct me towards a place to buy good poison? Or good poisons to buy and price
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    Can someone direct me towards a place to buy good poison? Or good poisons to buy and price
    Nope sorry, no information here.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    Dungeonscape, Complete Scoundrel, and DMG. Waterdeep, City of Splendor has the very best inhaled one for low level. Drow of the Underdark has some good stuff too.