New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Sagas IC

Raia

Raia turned sharply from Aldric when the sounds of the confusion reached her. The soldiers were disordered and chaotic in a way that immediately told her something was seriously wrong. They were trained by her, and never should react in such a manner to something so mundane as a fire in camp.
    There was someone behind it. And that had to be one of her brothers or sisters. A giant, burning frustration grew in her at this. She was not happy. The best plans were often ruined in war, but no one ever outperformed her like this. It was a mockery- making her seem weak and foolish in front of her brothers, both older and younger. She tried to take a deep breath and calm down. No, it would be even more foolish and childish of her if she got this visibly upset in front of them.

Raia never had been a tantrum child, but everyone knew that she hated to lose. She always put everything into what she was doing, which was why her combat skills were unmatched - or at least, with a blade.

Her hand was now on Tetsuzou as she turned sharply to her brothers again. But already Garadiel was off sprinting. Raia didn't doubt him for a second - she trusted him perhaps most among her family. But Aldric was already mounting and going after him. Raia wondered, but thrust it aside. No, Aldric had been with her, and she had her eyes on him the entire time precisely because of the strange feelings he evoked in her. But Aldric's words were annoying and demeaning. Stay with Raia? She didn't need Alaric's help of all of them. Not in a matter like this. But she thrust that aside too. Raia had work to do.

Turning to Alaric she gestured sharply to the battlefield before the city.
    "Come or stay brother, I'm going to organize this now."

Furiously she turned and sprinted down the hillside towards the city gates. And then she called lightning and demanded of thunder his service, and thunder roared violently in the sky above in Raia's anger.
    "Stay your sword and order your ranks!" Raia yelled, holding Tetsuzou in the air as lightning sparked and flashed furiously around the Great Tengu Blade.

And all about her, the Tengu and Tumi immediately followed her as she was their leader thoroughly, and the humans of Toukoku under her banner, seeing her and her sword came to their senses. The new soldiers of Chisu, Wan, and Eisu were slower to hear her, having been thrown into confusion the most (and part by Riora's own work), and many of them threw themselves at the city, even as Raia worked intensely to put down the chaos and organize her soldiers.

Then she was going to bring to justice the ones who had caused this trouble.

Acts
    Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act: Improve War Domain -> 2
    1 Minor Act: Rally the Troops

1 Ceremony remaining

Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Pa'am

"You have seen a secret that was hidden from you, until you were ready to accept it. Imagine, my son, what you might have wrought in your youth, had you believed time was yours to manipulate?

But now this I give to you as your burden - though time is fluid, it is also sacred, and it must be protected. It cannot be ripped, nor torn, for to do so is to hasten the fall of A'gap. I believe that now you are ready to protect the world by protecting time itself.

Do you accept your sacred task, Pa'am Firstborn?"

Orgo

The red-coated god laughed at that, hardly noticing the ripple in the wall. Then he wags his finger at Orgo, the way a mother would scold their errant child. "You shouldn't have said that, kiiid."

Then he's gone, and Orgo's alone on the wall. There's a moment of silence, and then he's back. Turns out he was just getting a running start. He slashes at Orgo a dozen times before ducking one of Orgo's blows, and he makes it look effortless. Slash a dozen more times, repeat dodge. "Not gonna run, lil' wolf? Well, you couldn't outrun me anyway- Slash slash slash. "-But you could at least make some kind of token effort..."

And then he stops, stepping back and looking out over the field, leaving Orgo's chest and neck dripping blood. "Oi! What does that fool think she's doing? I'll be back for your pelt, pooch - got urgent business elsewhere."

Selek

Selek is unable to take the maiden's sight, but his attempt made her stumble and fall within the inferno. She screams for help, ignoring his request for indentification.

Selek notices that she is obviously beautiful, as well as having a divine spark - if you know what you're looking for, it can be sensed just by watching a god's movements, and she's got it. This raises the question of why she doesn't use her divine powers to banish the flames...
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-05-10 at 07:13 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Orgo looks at the man as he runs towards battle and glares. You are fast aren't you? But not so strong. So many blows and still he was not felled. Well if he isn't strong.... how is his endurance?

Orgo looked at the mans figure and closed his eyes. When he opened them again they were black as night. Holding out his hands Orgo felt his feet melt into the floor. He wasn't a part of the earth... He WAS the Earth!

"Little red man, oh little red man, let us see if you can fly...."

Orgo did not ask the earth favours, he would command it bend it to his will, use it to destroy. The Earth in front of the man (not beneath him, he was too fast for that, if Orgo was to hurt him he would strike in front of his foe, attack where the enemy would be as opposed to where he was) ripping it up in great walls of jagged stone, blades and spikes of Earth jutting out to maim and kill the target. Using all the strength of will he could muster he made explosions of stone erupt from the soil, spraying areas of the battlefield with rocky shrapnel. There would be collateral damage of course but these people were warriors, why were they here if not to die?

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Fire, Smoke and Women

Garadiel points to a woman amidst the fire, "That's them I'd bet on it, and that's... I have no idea who that guy is. Try to stay on his far side. He seems to have set a god on fire. Do you recognize the girl?"
    Vincent Omnia Veritas
    Bandwagon Leader of the Hinjo Fanclub

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, hold still you silly tart!"

Despair was called to his outstretched hand and Aldric used its power to devour the flames consuming the camp and focused it on extinguishing the woman. As quickly as the scythe leaped into his hand from the nether, it was gone again... almost before any of the wounded soldiers about could mouth 'oh my gods, what was that thing?'

"No idea. I don't really like blondes..." he mutters aside to Garadiel.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2010-05-10 at 11:59 AM.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Shen Zhi Shu And Riora
    "Forget this foolishness." Shen finally gives up trying to hit Riora. "Just get out!" He roars. Shen Zhi Shu was raving mad. Unfortunately he had forgotten about his ability to just toss out Riora at first. It was time that he prevent the collateral damage Riora mentioned. After banishing Riora, he looked out through the Shrine and was looking for anything suspicious. By Pan-Lung, thought Shen Zhi Shu, things are worse than when I was a demi god in Xiang Jian.

7. - Top - End - #247

I will ask you once again, Who are you?

Answer the question and i will make the torment stop.
    ,Selek spoke

Feeling the other two divine sparks close by, Selek started to panic, but he was confident he could talk himself out of most situations.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen Zhi Shu And Riora

Riora grinned as she saw the people begin to argue, to fight among themselves. Then Shen spoke is command, and she felt her body being pulled away. She spoke mockingly to him.

"Goodbye brother, I'll just take some of these good people" and with that she was gone, with a thousand of the Zhang citizens.

They landed on a hill overlooking the 'safe' side of the city. She turned to the people, who were standing up woozily, rubbing their heads in general confusion.

"Ah, my faithful" She stands between them and lifts her hands. Green fire glowed from her hands and she asked a question "You have all felt the mark of chaos on your hearts, now prepare to feel it upon your bodies. She cast the fire into each one.

"Go into the world and spread my children. Use the gift of shapechange I have given you. Now, I must find my brother"

With a flash, she left to find her brother Gadriel.

Acts
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 minor act (Transport 1k citizans)
    1 major act (Up chaos domain)
    1 major act ( Alter race/create monster race- dopplegangers)
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Eridi - Birth of A People

The platform was small but large enough for Eridi's purpose. Gathered before him in this meeting hut was the entirety of Jin'Thul's people. The elder had already given his speech, already told the gathered mass that he thought divine will was present in the boy and that they should follow him. Most had agreed, but a few thought trickery was at play. It would be them that Eridi would have to convince, or the entire plan would fall apart due to a few dissenters. The elder gave him one pat on the back to assure him, and then he stood.

"Gathered Peoples of the Tribe of the Everlasting Sun! I have asked you all to be here not to take anything else from you, for you have already given me too much. No, today I wish to repay that debt, to repay it for generations to come!" Gathering confidence from the assenting crowd, he explained, "I am a child of a God, or as Jin'Thul has called me, Spirit-Born. My father is Rognir, the Hundred-Named, He Who Dwells in the Uttermost East! I am the Craftsman, Eridi, who has earned his birthright through your help and is now a god in his own right!" A yell from within the crowd interrupted him, "What proof do we have of these wild claims?!"

Stumbling for a moment, he regained his composure. "Of course I wouldn't expect you to believe me without proof." He brought forth all his creations on stage, letting the crowd gasp in awe as he lifted each to show off its glory. Last, he paraded around his greatest achievement, his anvil. "This, this is my greatest proof! Look on its greatness, look at its perfection! Behold! This was made by my hands, forged of iron and my own divine ichor!" Noting the look on the one who had voiced the complaint (And enjoying the shock greatly) he put it in line with the rest of his items.

"I believe I have proved my divine heritage. Now, to speak on my goals from here on out. I have seen the greatness you, mankind, has achieved in past ages, but now, now I watch you run around in small, underdeveloped groups. Within those items you gave me, I glimpsed your souls, your very beings. You have the heart of craftsmen, the determination of masters! But, and I must stress that word, you will take generations upon generations to reach it without a guiding hand. Right now, you are blindfolded men in a forest, searching for a specific tree. I ask you of one thing, let me take your hands and guide you to that goal!

"I would make you all my people, a learned people, a blessed people! Make no mistakes, this will not be an easy path, but it will be a path that will lead you, your children, and your children's children to glories they would otherwise never know! What do you all say?! Will you stay here and stagnate or will you follow a god and grow greater than any?!"
    The resounding cheer gave Eridi the answer he wanted, he now had a people. Raising his arms into the air, he waited for the cacophony to die down.

When it did, he gave his first edict. "The morning is young. Those who would follow me, gather what you will and meet me outside the town gates. There, I will take you to your new home, a place of new beginnings. If any wish to stay, feel free to, no wrath will be placed on you for your decisions, but all those who would come, I leave when the sun reaches its zenith, no sooner, no later." Satisfied with the outcomes of his speech, he bowed and walked off the platform. He knew in his heart none would choose to stay, and he was glad of that. He and Jin'Thul would wait the few hours until shadows disappeared, then they would be on their way.

10. - Top - End - #250

Selek became horrified at what he had just done. There was only one way to make this right he thought to himself.

He charged into the fire without a second thought.

Feeling the light building in his eyes Selek cast a spell he did not know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    spend 1 minor action to cast armor of darkness

Black armor completly surrounded Selek, causing most of the heat to be nullified.
    Selek felt the light burn out of one of his eyes for the first time ever, and all he felt there was emptiness, darkness, the endless abyss.
    Spoiler
    Show
    spend 1 major act to gain the darkness domain

Feeling the intense flame's heat even through the protection of this new magic, Selek felt like a tortise in a desert by the time he reached this beautiful maiden.
    She struggled every second he tried to move her out of the flames.
    As fast and as carefully as he could Selek moved the woman out of the flames.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Alarin

"Man, this is just too much," complained Alarin with a sigh. One moment the family was getting all together for this first time in who knows how long, and then just like that, everybody scrambled. Yet again Alarin was alone, confused, and without anything to do. With so many things going on around him, all he could do was take a moment to reorient himself and think. So he did exactly that, and sat down crosslegged in th middle of a battle field, never minding the soldiers and chaos about him.

'Hm, so what's going on?' the bard asked himself. Currently, There was a giant battle going on for the capital city, With Raia and Shen leading the two main sides. Garadiel had a problem with whatever was in Shen's shrine. That meant he was probably on Raia's side. Aldric was looking for someone or something apparently. That meant he was likely on whatever side would deliver him to his mark.

Alarin recognized the voice in the air as Riora's, and if the exclamation was true, then she was not on Shen's side either. Not exactly on Raia's side, though. None the less, Alarin was sure she enjoying the mindless chaos. In fact, in any other situation, Alarin might as well. Such violence and riots always made great tales and inspired great songs. But foremost was the bard's duty to protect the city of his master.

In fact, the fire was working for neither army, and would only cost more lives if he allowed it to go on. It didn't look like it would be stopping soon, and if Alarin's guess was right, it was enchanted in a way that it would cause the most chaos and damage. That would mean that it would head directly towards the city and ravage the ancient capital if left unchecked. So something had to be done about that. The musician had no doubt that his siblings would be too distracted to though.

Aldric had left Alarin direct orders not to leave Raia, but she left the boy the moment Aldric was out of sight. 'Sheesh, no manners at all,' he thought with an ironic laugh, when he recalled what she said before. Then again, what was with Aldric's order? There were a number of interpretations for such a demand, each one of them with their own merits. There was the possibility that Aldric wanted Alarin to guard their sister. No, that was preposterous; Raia was the most experienced of them all when it came to combat. Perhaps to simply add to her troops available and serve her in that battle. Again, unlikely, because Alarin was never one for doing as told and much less one for combat. It was then that Alarin realized Aldric's intention: Alarin wasn't going to protect Raia, she was to protect Alarin.

As much as he wanted to complain about treated like a child by his older brother, Alarin had to admit he did miss it when Aldric would look after him. Aldric was always protective of his kin, especially Callie. He had no way of knowing what Alarin had gone through, nor that the young boy was more than capable of looking after himself. Similarly, Alarin felt the need to protect another. But he wasn't limited to things such as kin and loved ones. Or maybe he was, but in a broader sense of the term. He loved the world, and in one way or the other, they loved him back. Whether they outright admired like the musicians did in the embattled city did, or acknowledged him through the blessings of life they loved. So in order to do what was needed to save those he loved, Alarin knew that decisive action was needed.

First things first, he needed to choose a side in the combat around him. If he choose Shen's side, he could protect the people he cared about and save his former master's city. But if he did, he would draw Raia's ire and Garadiel might be angered if the boy protected the temple he so obviously wanted torn down. On the other hand, he could join Rai's side and only alienate on of his siblings. Yet to do that would sever the bonds he had with the Zhang, and turn his back to his master forever. Alarin could not live with that regret and shame. Of course he could do nothing and help Aldric. To do nothing would be as much as killing the people with his own hands, for his inaction would lead to all their death's.

No, here was another option, peace. Peace was the only good choice, and to do so would require him to bring the fighting and chaos to and end first. So, he made a mental list of all that would have to be done. On the top of that list would be to stop the fire. Aldric had seen to starting it, but there was only so much he could do with whatever it was he did. This fire was unnatural, and had spread all too far. The camp was saved for the moment, but the flames had outstretched towards the city. Next was the divine sparks. Divine sparks meant gods. Alarin might not have been the most intelligent of the gods, but Míngzhì made sure he could at least put two and two together. It was too much of a coincidence for them to suddenly arrive at the same time as all these problems. Thus, they were likely to be behind it all. Thirdly was all the fighting. Lives were being lost every second, so that would had to be put to an end as soon as possible. And then there would be the trouble of rebuilding, both the city and the friendship between the mortals and the gods. Alarin knew exactly how to deal with the first, third, and fourth problems, and it might address the second problem.

At last his mind was set, and Alarin rose from his spot to observe the carnage. Disgusted with what he saw, Alarin drew out his lute and began to play a song, a song of peace and love and brotherhood. It spoke of love and rebuilding, of friendship and kindness. As he played, his music appealed to the world, who in turn agreed to his request. Soon, out of the hot midday sky, rain clouds appeared. No one noticed them at first, or bothered to question their presence. Soon though, people felt the light drizzle that began, and took heed. It was no storm, no maelstrom of violence and hate like the one that the bard faced with his hubris in the great ocean. Instead is a was peaceful, nurturing rain, one that made life possible the world over.

Where ever it fell, good things happened. On the rain parched plains of the city, grasses ad plants sprouted up. Where they touched a soldier, wounds were healed and pulled together. Children bathed in the rain and were made healthy and strong, in both body and mind. Ivy vines grew form the land and covered the buildings, holding them together and prevented the walls from falling. At the gates they formed together, and prevented the two armies from doing battle. They fire was extinguished from the land, and those burned by it were healed. Life was given to the land, and hopefully it would not be stolen away.

With his act done, Aarin called out to his siblings, "Brothers and Sisters, can we not get along? Alas, our problems may seem great, but is it worth the senseless destruction of these mortals? I plead to you, let us discuss with each other that which must be done to achieve peace. Raia, Shen, call your armies back for the moment, until we can discuss what has transpired! If no decision can be reached, then fight with each other all you want, but leave the humans out of it! If you desire this to be over, come to me and speak your part. Surely we can all see reason!"

Spoiler
    Show

1 major act to increase Music Domain to Second rank

1 Major act used to gain divine charm ability

1 minor act to call down the lifegiving rain

Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Orgo and Redcoat

The earth erupted before the ranks of Raia's army, causing distruption and chaos and death. And... well, it's really a sight to see the redcoated god dancing across the battlefield, dashing here, dodging there, evading every burst, causing every wall of stone to sow chaos among the soldiers of Raia.

Now he was behind them, urging them on, forcing them to run unless they wanted to be impaled by spikes of stone, laughing as he did so. On the other hand, he had slowed down to cause more terror, and he was now visible to Raia (and her brothers, were they to turn from the camp to the battlefield).

And then the rains came down, and started to heal the terrified soldiers, saving those impaled by stone and crushed beneath rocks. And for a moment, red-coat stopped, a snarl on his face.

Selek and the Maiden

Her clothing was burnt and shredded, but her skin was still immaculate (if slightly reddened by the heat). She seemed weak, and whispered to Selek - "Thank you."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

13. - Top - End - #253

Selek dispelled his armor of darkness, and wrapped his long gray traveling cloak around her.

Then lifting her up gently, and holding her close, Selek spoke No problem, we need to find somewhere safe though.

Selek then glanced at her face and touched in gently.
    Thinking the whole time This is the most beautiful creature i have ever seen.

Now Selek turned to face the two other sparks, the ones belonging to Garadiel, and Aldric.
    Last edited by nysisobli; 2010-05-10 at 06:51 PM.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Default Raia's Burned Camp

Signs pointed to some serious divine mojo at work here. Despair would have choked out any mundane fire on its own, just by the virtue of its dark presence. But, Aldric had concentrated on extinguishing the flames. The fact that they hadn't budged gave rise to a lump in his throat and a heavy feeling in his chest. The thought of being near something more powerful than him didn't sit well. And the sinking feeling that someone was playing a step ahead of him was decidedly worse.

The Nightmare could sense Aldric's hesitation. She whinnied and shook at the reins, snapping Aldric out of his shock and awe. He regarded the two strangers coldly from atop his mount. He didn't recognize Selek, even if he was Rognir's son. One of the two was responsible for the fire, maybe both. Alarin's call came in the distance, but he was unmoved, afraid to take his eyes off the two before him.

Aldric's expression suddenly softened, though his mind stayed sharp. Smiling warmly, his hand found the invisible snath of Despair, hidden away in the nether.

"... how fortunate you were here to rescue the poor maiden. Selek, was it? Was it not your wolf who arrived just moments before to herald your coming?"

Just before the fires began. Though it appeared Selek had saved the girl from the flames, Aldric had no reason not to suspect he'd set them as well. He was also jaded and slimy enough not to rule out the blonde either, though, at least, too polite to make open accusations.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2010-05-10 at 08:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Planetar

"Aldric..." Garadiel pauses, wondering how to explain the situation without causing too much to be revealed. "Selek's family remember? The blind one that Father spent so much time trying to heal?" Garadiel looks at Selek and something almost reaches his mind... Some stunning seed of distrust, some wicked sapling of suspicion that told him that he should.... But t was gone now, swept away. And here, now, there were more pressing concerns. "Selek, who's the girl? Aldric... Alarin isn't with Raia..."
    Vincent Omnia Veritas

16. - Top - End - #256

When i arrived here, i found her in the flames, I decided that maybe i should get her out, I fear the god you are looking for is not here.

focusing his sight, selek quickly assessed the threat that This mounted diety truly represented.

Worn out, and slightly intimidated, Seleks eyes flared up with the light of the original sun again.

Now, why are you here? How do I know you didn't start this fire?

Where is Alarin, he can clear this whole mess up.

flashback:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day Selek lost his sight, his brother was there, Alarin played the most depressing tune the day it had happened. It was the only thing that had made Selek feel like he was brave enough to leave the safety of the house, and try to create a life for himself. Not wanting to have to hear the despair of his family for his ailment/

Selek using almost the rest of his power summoned a small shadow,

Spoiler
    Show
    spend 1 minor action to create a level 18 follower

Take her to safety, selek said to the shadow.

As for the wolf selek quickly turned his attention back to the mounted diety, It was nothing but an illusion.
    Last edited by nysisobli; 2010-05-10 at 09:02 PM.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

The raindrops slipped down Aldric's unkempt sideburns and slid along his jaw line before leaping off his chin. The Nightmare shook her mane, becoming slightly annoyed by the unannounced summer shower. She interrupted the silence with a snort, as if to say, 'now what?' Aldric looked slightly defeated. It had been years since he'd heard the name 'Selek' and he didn't recognize the person it belonged to. Then a snarl crept to his lips and his hands gripped the reins.

"Yes, of course family is above suspicion. Family would never hurt one another..."

He let the thought linger in the air. Raia was here to conquer Shen's city, and Garadiel to extinguish his sacred flame (though Aldric knew nothing of the latter). Rafa and Tarik had tortured their little sister. The world they knew as children was gone, replaced with something sinister and dark. 'Family' wasn't a word that held any more magic for Aldric.

"Hold!" he barked at the disheveled blonde girl and Selek's shadowy minion. "How did you come here and how did you withstand the flames?"
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2010-05-10 at 09:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Eridi - We Built This City...

It had taken a while, but Eridi was once more at his forge. In the months he was gone, nature had taken a foothold, but it had gone no further than that. That set his mind slightly at ease, but not by much.

On the journey, those doubters had brought back up their points. Who knows if they are really just following a murderer of a god, or even just a treasure hunter? Surely, if the "grand past" Eridi spoke of was true, someone would have left items that were as wonderful as those he had shown them. Maybe he had found them in that pit, or in the Blood Cave. Eridi had to put the doubt to rest, and he knew just how.

Eridi instructed Jin'Thul to go around and have people plan out their new home. They split the nearby land into quarters, part for homes, for storage, for work, and for other things as they became relevant. Eventually, they went out and marked off the areas. When they were through, they went to Eridi for approval, "No, this isn't good enough at all," spoke the deity while looking over the plans, "Make each family's property twice the size it is, twice as long. Then adjust the other four quarters to match. You did not come here to remake your village inch-by-inch, you came for something grander. We'll start with twice the area, and let it grow from there." Looking at him like he was mad, the people went back to work. If he thought they would need such absurdly large spaces for homes, let him be their guest.

By the time they got done, twilight was upon them. Setting up basic camps and fixing their dinners, they began to settle for the night. Al except for Eridi, who's night was just beginning. As the last of the people fell asleep, he tapped into his divine spark. He would need the energy his father had given him with his birthright for this night of work, and there was no time to waste.

When the mortals awoke in the morning, Eridi was putting the final touches on the town wall. During the night, all the tents had been enclosed in small, wooden houses. Large silos and warehouses had been built, all those places they would need to do their jobs were erected. The town had arisen around them while they slumbered. "Make no mistake," Eridi said as he stumbled back towards his home, "this work is not over. What I have made for you is but a shell of what you'll make for yourselves. But first I needed you rested and whole so I could teach you. Today, gather food for the supplies. When I wake tomorrow, I will teach you the things I know, I will show you how to build, how to craft. Your homes will one day dwarf my humble forge, but for now, I have the best house. And that, my people, is where I go now to sleep."

No doubters were left. No one but a god could build something so expansive in such a short amount of time, least of all as quietly as it was done. Settling amongst themselves, they decided on a name for this beginning of a city, Hibyl'smita, meaning the "Home Made for Us". Then they went about gathering all the food they could find in the local area, just as their new leader had told them.

Act Expenditure
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor - Create City of Hibyl'smita (HE-beel-SMEE-ta) Population >300

19. - Top - End - #259

Selek looked at the shadow, and spoke, Wait for no one, take her to the cave of insight.

With those words burned the image into the shadows mind, tell her to wait there until I arrive its on the other side of the the cliff faces, in the crevace known as the borderlands.

Have the spirit make her take the trial of the cave, that should keep her occupied until I arrive if she awakens.

With that, Nuctre the shadow slithered away into the darkness, turning virtually invisble.
    Last edited by nysisobli; 2010-05-10 at 09:51 PM.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

20. - Top - End - #260

Planetar

Default Ah, young love

Garadiel speaks but two words, "You're lost" and the shadow seems to crumble. It cannot walk a straight path, or go anywhere, one foot in front is one foot behind, it seems to fall to pieces, crying that it is lost neons all finding. "Selek... Stop being a fool. The girl is a godling and she can't just wander off until we know who she is. Besides, if you countermand Aldric again, he'll kill you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if I need to I spend a minor act on that, but I don't think I should
    Vincent Omnia Veritas

21. - Top - End - #261

Shes in no room to talk, look at her, the fire did have some effect, she is starting to fade, slowly. I need to take her to the cave, we need to begin the healing process before we can question her.

Seleks eyes glowing brighter then they ever have before, If you wish to accompany me there would be no reason you couldn't, but im not going to sit by idly and watch her die! With that the darkness around the area begins to start quivering.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

22. - Top - End - #262

Planetar

Default Threats and Menace

"If I tell you you are going to sit here and watch her die, that is what you are going to do. Do not mistake me, Selek, you are not in any position to make demands." Garadiel's face is hard as stone and faintly terrifying, but in he silently reaches out to guard the girl from death if the need arises. But nothing he does betrays it, for such is his role as Lord of the Dead. Selek needed to learn a lesson here, and Garadiel would teach it.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the girl is about to die, Garadiel will spend a minor act to preserve her until she can recover.
    Last edited by White Blade; 2010-05-10 at 10:14 PM.
    Vincent Omnia Veritas

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Selek, Garadiel and Aldric

Garadiel can sense that she is not near death, but that she is merely half-conscious, her mind addled by the heat. Though still suffering from the heat, she does not have any burns more serious than some reddening of the skin.

Already the rain seems to be revitalizing her. In a few moments, she'll probably be ready to rise. Those of divine blood are a hardy breed, it seems.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

If you can keep her from dying, I can wake her up. Using his powers over sight, Selek forces the girls eyes open, and forces images in,( its kind of like smelling salts, but for the ocular nerves.)

Speaking softly to her, please tell us what you know.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Still kneeling before the All-Father, Pa'am stares straight into his Father's eyes.

"I do, Father."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Aldric grinned wickedly at Garadiel's assertion that defiance could be met with corporal punishment. While certainly not in his best interests and perhaps impossible. Selek certainly wasn't aware that Aldric was incapable of killing him. Aldric wasn't about to allay his fears.

He slipped from his horse and landed with a crunch instead of a thud. The wet grass froze in a small circle around him and the blades broke as his boots touched ground. His breath hung in the air.and the mist punctuated his words.

"It is a strange thing for fair, flame retardant maidens to spontaneously appear in a military camp. Especially ones with divine blood..."

Aldric snarled at Selek, admonishing him for his interference before turning his eyes on the blonde. Nothing about this made sense and he still didn't trust Selek. And he had no sympathy for la mademoiselle flambe.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

The minute red coat stopped moving Orgo slammed his hands upon the ground and brought the earth about the other God to his control. A great ring around the place where he stood rose up, a mighty ring of stone and earth that grew around him like a prison and upon rising to a point where the walls met directly above him the stone slammed down upon Orgo's foe burying him in a rocky tomb. Of course Orgo was under no illusion that this would be enough to kill the God. Still it would give him something to think about for the blows he had made on Orgo and he personally didn't care who 'won' this battle one way or another. Jumping down from the wall he ripped a building out of its foundations and smashed it into the cities defences causing a hole thrpugh which he left. Sure he could have just jumped down off of the correct side of the wall in the first place but this was so much more fun. Taking one last look at the battlefield he smiled and then ran off once more in the direction of the closest forest.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Raia

With the aid of Alarin's song, the rest of Raia's troops fall into order, and Raia has them regroup outside of the city.

She was grateful for Alarin's words, though a little frustrated that it had not been her desire for the soldiers to attack in such chaos. She had been planning to walk through the city in mortal form first. To see it's beauty, and to witness the peacefulness.
    Certainly she had never intended for the chaos and destruction that had come. She was Raia, the goddess of war! She could capture a city such as this without even fighting, but that was gone now.
    And deep down, she knew in frustration that it was in part her own blame. That whomever owned the city she might actually owe an apology to.
    But that had been set aside for now.
    She sheathed Tetsubou again, and then, sensing the location of her brothers, decided to head to Garadiel and Aldric, because they had gone after the new spark which had appeared near her camp, and Raia suspected that this may have been the disturbance.

She came to them like a storm in speed, electricity sparking about her forehead occasionally.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

29. - Top - End - #269

Planetar

Default Dear Little Sisters

Garadiel saw Raia and smiled, "Raia! We've captured a goddess and are on the verge of interrogating her. Selek seems to think she's innocent but I don't see any other likely sources. Well.." Garadiel says, putting his hand over his eyes to see without any sunlight glare, "Unless that's Riora. But even if it is, we don't recognize this girl and I find that extremely suspicious."

And then Riora landed. This was getting to be a big crowd. He wouldn't be getting even with this woman for her waste of human life, it seemed. "So... This fire your work?" he asked by way of greeting.
    Vincent Omnia Veritas

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

"What?" she blinked and looked around, grinning "Oh, no. This happened before I got here"

She shrugged "I came to ask you a question..." she had the gall to look sheepish "But I forgot momentarily"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph