New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Oceans of Legacy (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post

"Incidentally," she says offhandedly, tugging her sword loose of the wood, "We seem to have run afoul of a sunken ship's main mast. Oh, and the sea has turned to blood. Cheery sight."
    "Ah good. Never a dull moment." Cal says as he stabs another rat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cal will attack the rat at c5.
    Attack:(1d20+9)[19]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[10]
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-05-04 at 03:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Audr takes a last second swipe at one of the rats in front of her (in D7), then steps diagonally backwards to clear Fayd's line of fire. Luckily for the both of them, Audr was hardly what you'd call a berserker... just competitive;)

Spoiler
    Show

"Attack Roll" - (1d20+7)[15]
    "Damage Roll" - (2d6+4)[11]
    Standard action + 5' step. Maybe I should take quicken spell next time I've got a regular feat due*-)

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*cracks knuckles*

In the Hold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Audr quickly swipes at one rat and misses as Fayd calls out "Audr, please step aside." with clear urgency in his voice. Audr then steps diagonally backwards to clear Fayd's line of fire. Luckily for the both of them, Audr was hardly what you'd call a berserker... just competitive.

Fayd's arms and hands are covered with burns by now from shielding more vulnerable parts of his body from injury. Unwilling to harm Chrak, he can't do much more than watch for a moment, allowing him to reevaluate the battlefield. Seeing how the rats are distributed across the room, he steps behind where Audr stood a couple seconds prior, closer to the ash rat next to them. Exhaling another wave of ice, five rats are instantly frozen solid as two are severely chilled.

Caine, having finally finished his lasso, happily tosses it at an ashrat... and misses. As he starts winding the lasso back up, he takes another shot from one of the ashrats (take 2 fire damage)

With some of the smoke cleared out by the frozen wave, Chrak instantly jumps at the opportunity to act (almost literally), quickly slicing up one of the chilled rats in front of him and nailing the second after a quick false swipe. Alas, Chrak is hit by a couple more firejets in the process (take 5 fire damage)

Just as Chrak hits his second rat, Adalias strikes at the very same rodent, dashing it into even smaller pieces. Seeing that the rat is quite safely dead, she sends her blade of force to another rat, a rat whose life the blade quickly brings to an end.
    "Incidentally," she says offhandedly, tugging her sword loose of the wood, "We seem to have run afoul of a sunken ship's main mast. Oh, and the sea has turned to blood. Cheery sight."

"Ah good. Never a dull moment." Cal says as he stabs another rat through the eye and weaves out of the path of another burst of flame.

In the Hallway
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbedon walks forward, saying "Listen to him, Skerrin. Don't be a fool." With a few low murmurs, Rabbedon places a hand on Garen's shoulder and his wounds seem to heal completely (heal 14 hp)
    Skerrin snarls as his magical disguise finally wears off, revealing him for the kobold that he is, bearing dull blackish scales and blood-red eyes. "If I succeed, I'll have stronger allies than you stupid Rixxes," retorts the kobold in draconic as he turns invisible once more and stabs his dagger into Garen's stomach (take 11 damage).

Under the Sea
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the fight between undead and octopi rages on the ruined ship deck below (with the octopi putting up a surprising degree of resistance), Crim and Topz both launch their bolts at a couple of the zombies upon the mast. Although both shots seem to make their mark, only Crim's strike actually seems to have done any damage.

With her black hair drifting about her head like kelp, Tetelo calls a short, magical phrase, calling on the might of the ocean to bend the stricken mast down and away, curling it's tip back down upon itself so that it does not reach the hull of the Dutchess. That done, she swims with fluid grace closer to the melee, gesturing Armstrong alongside.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-05-05 at 04:39 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Whirling around to face his attacker, Chrak leaps through the air, planting his blade deep into the floorboards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions -

Jump to B-8. If Chrak manages to fall on the rat from at least five feet above it, this attack counts as a charge and deal double damage. (My numbers are assuming a successful Jump.)

Attack:
    (1d20+8)[20](28)

Damage:
    (2d8+7)[3][2](12) x2 = 24
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-05-05 at 05:04 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not to be a bother Fayd, but could you put out the fires over here? Cal asks as he swings his sword at a rat standing on top of a burning haystack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cal will move to d4 and swing at c4.
    Attack:(1d20+9)[22]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[10]

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

"Certainly." Fayd moves into the center of the hold to get a better look at the hey and says "Water" in the Fellowship's dialect, using gestures to shape the target area of the spell. Water seems to materialize out of thin air, thousands of droplets drenching the hey and objects near it to prevent any fires from spreading.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fayd moves to D7 and casts create water aimed at C4-5.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Garen grunted as the blade struck, yet attempted to remain as serene looking as possible. "You won't listen to reason? Very well." As quickly as he could Garen grabbed at the pouch in his cloak, tossing a handful of rainbow sand in the air. As he shouted words of arcana the sand started shining brilliantly and spayed down the hall. Garen took a quick step backwards, hoping to dodge any counter attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Color Spray (Will DC 15), targeting a 15 foot cone down the hall. Takes a 5 foot step back and diagonal.
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Uukoo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course I know what's going on," states the orc. "The ship I was on sank. No real clue how it happened, though. There was a whale... and pirates... and some huge sharks. Kind of confusing."
    "Hrmph. And you got on this ship how?"
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Uukoo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The orc smiles a bit, showing off his long teeth as he says. "I didn't. I went down with the ship and drowned. My body is still moving down there but I'm long since dead and gone. I guess that I'm here to deliver a message... and a warning"
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-05-05 at 02:44 PM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Tetelo Concentrates her efforts on the undead fighting the octopi, swimming in range of her magic. She Concentrates, and with a gesture a pulse of force rockets through the water, carrying with it the sting of salt and the brutal impact of a wave.
    Eldritch Blast - (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage - (1d6)[3]

meanwhile, she directs Armstrong into the fray to grapple and rend the walking dead.
    Tentacle - (1d20+4)[13]
    Improved Grab - (1d20+8)[21]
    Bite - (1d6+1)[3]
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Andromalia listens for a moment longer, but when she doesn't get any response she leaves her armor as it is (hastily donned) and runs downstairs again (C15), all the while getting her chain ready to strike.

"Woss goin' on 'ere?"

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius

The scaled man turns at the tap on his shoulder, and if one didn't know any better it would have almost looked like he was ready to draw a blade, but seeing a human he flashes a smile. The smile leaves quickly as he shakes his head, "I'm sorry, I'm actually rather short on writing implements. I do have some sealing wax, but I doubt it would get very far, or be very legible, when writing."

He then hears the squealing of a pig and rolls his eyes with a sigh, "If you'll excuse me, it seems my little friend is committing atrocities against nature and is being chased by a rather angry kobold." He then turns and heads off after the pig in hopes of catching it before the chef manages to increase his overall number of pork products.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

"Very well, sorry for wasting your time."

Turning back to Tim, he gestures toward the door to the cabins and begins heading down through them. "I'll check the rooms, I'm sure someone has some chalk or something somewhere. Sorry to keep you waiting."
    Last edited by Eurus; 2010-05-05 at 07:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Uukoo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The orc smiles a bit, showing off his long teeth as he says. "I didn't. I went down with the ship and drowned. My body is still moving down there but I'm long since dead and gone. I guess that I'm here to deliver a message... and a warning"
    "A spirit! Well, a spirit can not hold a stick with which to break my bones! If you have this warning, let it be heard!"

Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the Hold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Not to be a bother, Fayd, but could you put out the fires over here?" Cal asks as he swings his sword at a rat standing on top of a burning haystack. For the first time, however, the smoke gets in Cal's eyes and his strike misses.

"Certainly." Fayd moves into the center of the hold to get a better look at the hey and says "Water" in the Fellowship's dialect, using gestures to shape the target area of the spell. Water seems to materialize out of thin air, thousands of droplets drenching the hey and objects near it to prevent any fires from spreading.

Whirling around to face his attacker, Chrak leaps through the air, planting his blade deep into the floorboards. The smoke nearly blinds him completely as he flies over his target, making his blade miss by a full foot.

Adalias sends her blade to deal with the same rat Chrak has attacked and it manages to scratch the rodent.

For their part, the rats look shocked to have survived the most recent atatcks and seem to realize their imminent doom. They simply shake a bit, as if chilled by Fayd's frost. Their eyes dart about the room, looking for an exit. At last noticing the rope in the center of the room, they dart for it. (Cal and Chrak, make AoO).

In the Hallway:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rabbedon again places his hand on the new wound, restoring Garen's health (heal 12 hit points)
    After listening for a moment longer without response, Andromalia leaves her armor as it is and runs downstairs again, all the while getting her chain ready to strike. When she gets downstairs, she sees the hooded figure and suave human facing off against a kobold. There is also a spider-like contraption in the middle of the floor.
    "Woss goin' on 'ere?"

In that moment, both Garen and Skerrin try to cast spells simultaneously. Garen is quicker to the draw, fortunately, and as his dust washes over Skerrin with a burst of multicolored light, the kobold is left frozen in place, midway through his somatic gestures; his eyes watering excessively.

In the Bloody Ocean:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Down below on the deck, barely visible through the red haze of blood, the octopi and undead are fighting on surprisingly even ground. Armstrong manages to grab one of the zombies but his bite doesn't seem to bother the undead at all.
    The few undead climbing the mast reach the top and mindlessly reach for the hull of the dutchess, not even trying to swim. The undead carrying chests are still trudging towards the edge of the ship.

Tetelo Concentrates her efforts on the undead fighting the octopi, swimming in range of her magic. She Concentrates, and with a gesture a pulse of force rockets through the water, carrying with it the sting of salt and the brutal impact of a wave. The pulse partially destroys one of the zombies' neck.

Crim and Topz are reloading their crossbows and a bit of rope is finally lowered into the water, thankfully not too close to the sunken mast.

On Deck
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mute man pats Sigurd on the back and starts a half-jog into the galley, waving for him to follow.
    Eurus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you travel downstairs, you see the cloaked passenger standing behind the suave human that you haven't seen much of until now. Behind them, still on the steps, is the armored and cloaked woman. In front of the two men is a small spider-like contraption on the floor and a kobold you haven't seen yet, frozen in place with eyes watering

The pig, meanwhile, chomping on its sausages and squealing at the top of its lungs, runs directly towards the safety of Darrius' personage, leaping up onto him (make a reflex save)
    Mr. Figgen keeps shooting nervous glances towards the hold and the elf stands up to dust himself up, looking off into the darkness of night. Carol is discussing finer points of fighting sea monsters with Ms. Tallows, who looks like she's about to faint in fright. First mate Ergin breaks up some of the dark murmuring among the rest of the crew as Captain Thompson finally lowers a rope into the water as directed.

Uukoo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The orc stops smiling and takes a deep breath before telling his tale, "Well, it's hard for me to say this but... um... I don't think the dragons have been accepting our souls, Uukoo. Mines is being pulled back by a one-eyed demon of a god. He whispers in my ear even now and I can't fight his pull for long. He says that our entire clans are with them and I can hear their battle cries echoed in his voice."
    Eerac takes a couple deep breaths, "I've travelled through the archipelago for years now, looking for other survivors. I thought that I was the last one left. I guess you are, now." Eerac laughs a bit as his body starts to fade away, "Don't let the world forget about us, Uukoo. Oh, and watch out for sharks. Those things are tougher than they look." With a quck wink and smile, Eerac vanishes altogether.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-05-06 at 06:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Edit: In the Hold
    Spoiler
    Show
    Audr lifts up her sword and brings it down upon the rat next to her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[27]: Damage (2d6+4)[12]: Con. (1d100)[36]
    . The rat is promptly beheaded.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-05-06 at 03:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Where do you think you're going, you filthy beast?"Cal slashes at the fleeing rat with his cutlass.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+9)[14]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[8]

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Heading for the ropes as well, Audr takes a parting slash at the remaining rat (if she can catch up with it in time). Then she turns back to the rest of them. "I have a message for whichever one of you is the second mate: The captain wants his harpoon brought up to the deck. It seemed pretty urgent."

Spoiler
    Show

"Attack" - (1d20+7)[14]
    "Damage" - (2d6+4)[10]
    "Concealment" - (1d100)[45]

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Tetelo nods to herself thoughtfully. This was sustainable. They were too stupid to swim properly, so you could peg them into supper chunks. But, that left the question... Who was commanding undead sailors to carry chests and try and board ships? Probably better to let people above know what's going on.

The lithe woman swims to the surface and calls to the captain.

"It's a shipwreck, for sure. There's walking dead down here, carrying chests and fighting. A few have made for the ship, captain!"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

"We should be good for now. I'll treat your wounds once we're on deck." Fayd climbs up next and examines the others' injuries. He plans how to best distribute his ressources, deciding to keep a spell or two in case of emergency until the ship is safe again.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

"If it's all the same to you, I'll leave you lot to deal with this," Adalias says, heading back to the upper deck. As soon as she gets there, she conjures a fist-sized ball of light which promptly begins to heal her burns.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take whatever actions are necessary to get back to the deck, then create a Font. Heals 3 hp a turn for three turns. Adalias will be selfish and take it all this time, to heal her 8 damage.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2010-05-06 at 01:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Garen turned to look as the tiefling entered the hallway and smiled at her disarmingly. "Ah, thank ye gods!" called Garen, not the least bit put off by the tiefling. "This crew man attempted to rob me, but I managed to stun him. Would you be so kind as to alert the captain or whoever else is in charge? Or do you think we should dispatch the ruffian now?" Despite his various wounds, Garen says all this in a calm manner, as if he's not phased at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if this counts as a bluff, but...
    Bluff (1d20+8)[22]

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius

When he noticed the pig dart straight towards him he skids to a stop, sliding a bit more than intended, and tries to roll with any impending pig tackle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (1d20+6)[22]
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

24. - Top - End - #324

AssassinGuy

"Yeah, righ'... I fear the cap'n has sumfink else on 'is mind righ' now. 'Ere, let me patch you up, an' then we'll bind this little bugger."

Andromalia moves to Garen and uses lay on hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if the wounds described are still lost hit points, if so a maximum of a lowly 6 hp are restored.
    Last edited by Iun; 2010-05-06 at 03:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Garen smiles graciously as the paladin heals him. "Thank you very much, Miss...?" He takes a moment to give her a quick look over. Hmm... definitely some kind of holy one. A cleric perhaps? he thinks to himself.

26. - Top - End - #326

AssassinGuy

"Andromalia. Now that's done, let's see about the other."

Andromalia removes one of the leather straps of her clothes and binds the kobold all the while looking curiously at the spider thingy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know about the time continuity, so I'm describing what she will do in the next rounds if we haven't switched back to real time.

Use Rope:(1d20+3)[5]

27. - Top - End - #327

Garen titters amused at Andromalia's failed attempt. "You seem a little...off, Miss Andromalia. Allow me?" Garen coaxes the strap from the paladin, trying to bind the kobold himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope (1d20+5)[25]

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmmm. Dire news, be this.", Uukoo thinks to himself.

And looks up.
    And notices that there are battles going on.

"Have I grown old and dumb? Am I dealing with magic spirits like an elf, while others do battle? Never! Let it be known that there is still one dragonfriend that draws breath!" he shouts (mostly to himself), takes out his trident, and starts furiously reciting a battlechant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Trident out.
    Swift action: Activate Badge of Valor, increases Inspire Courage bonus by 1.
    Standard action: Start Inspire Courage! Add 3d6 cold damage on attacks for all who hear.
    Listen to hear where the battles are: (1d20-2)[12]. It's a -10 DC to hear a battle, even I can't miss it, even with distance modifiers.
    Perform: Poetry (1d20+8)[21], just for the hell of it.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On the Deck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Tetelo returns to the water's surface, it takes a moment for anybody to notice her. After the captain notices her head bobbing up and down in the water and she delivers her message, he frowns for a bit in deep contemplation. At last he replies, "If you think you can take them out, go retrieve those chests and destroy the rest. Otherwise, get everyone up here as soon as possible."
    Somewhere behind the captain calls out the voice of the hadozee, Carol, "What killed them? Was it the kuo-toa? aboleths? angry manatees?"

As Uukoo stops muttering to himself (?) and screams to the heavens, the elf near the hold looks in his direction, eyebrow raised. As he begins his battle chant, the elf shrugs, picks himself up, and walks to the side of the ship.

Darrius succeeds at catching the pig, being knocked back a few paces but somehow keeping the full-grown sow in his arms. The kobold cook looks up at the pig with a scowl and lowers his cleaver, ripping away the (few) remaining sausage links. After a second, the kobold smiles (or at least it looks like a smile... hard to tell with reptiles), stares into Cross' eyes, and says, "I pay you five platinum for pig now. Bacon will go nice with breakfast."

Adalias climbs out of the hull and creates an orb of light.

In the Hall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a few fumbled attempts at tying knots by Andromalia (), Garen walks over and ties up the kobold, which he knocked out. The cloaked figure wordlessly returns to the men's cabin as this is done.
    Andromalia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take note that the kobold is not at all evil.

In the Hold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Adalias climbs out, both Audr and Cal are quick to the attack. "Where do you think you're going, you filthy beast?" calls Cal as he slashes at the fleeing rat with his cutlass, only to his the bail of burnt hay.
    Heading for the ropes as well, Audr takes a parting (and unsuccessful) slash at the same rat before turning back to the others. "I have a message for whichever one of you is the second mate: The captain wants his harpoon brought up to the deck. It seemed pretty urgent." As she delivers this information, one last burst of flame hits her from behind (take 2 fire damage)
    The other rat, however, is taken care of easily by Chrak now that the smoke has started to clear. For some reason, a blue wave of ice surrounds his blade as he attacks, making the rat shatter upon impact.
    Caine tries using his lasso once more to bring down the surviving rat, which has started climbing the rope. His attack falls short, however, and his lasso simply hits the ground. Meh! It would've worked if it was a real dragon... probably.

The greenish veils surrounding everyone suddenly vanish (fast healing reduced back down to 1 [when at half hit points or less]). Also, a loud battle chant is audible from the deck and the spell keeping the hold lit has finally ended, shrouding the hold in darkness (apart from the rat itself).

In the Sea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the octopi fight the undead and Tetelo returns to the surface, Crim, Topz, and Armstrong again prove themselves to be relatively ineffective against the undead. Malon remains impasssive, scanning the battlefield from above.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-05-07 at 05:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"How urgent?
    Cal shrugs No matter. I'm sure one of you can take care of that last rat before it causes trouble. Cal will then begin his search for the captain's harpoon.

OOC @ RoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it safe to assume that Cal knows where to look for this harpoon?
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-05-07 at 05:56 AM.