New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Out of the void Cavor appears, the golden wolf comes howls in glorious delight

This world needs some dreams. So why don't I make some.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 create Plane;Dreamscape: Subjective Gravity, Timeless Highly Morphic Wild Magic
    Make Home: Dreamscape
    17 AP
    Last edited by Ringwrym; 2010-08-11 at 03:12 PM. Reason: corrections

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Staunen Harbor, Progress

It began as a speck on the horizon. A tiny thing, no-one could have seen from the ground. In fact, the signal was wired in by one of the ponderous dirigibles hovering over the city - ship inbound, unknown origins, caution advised.

There was of course a great commotion - many had expected a human counterattack at some point - as the city's defenses were brought to bear. The heavy harbor guns were rolled into place, and the four completed Ironclads moved to form a perimeter defense. All they needed was the fire order, and the ungainly interloper would be blasted halfway to Hope...

An order came, but not the one expected. But even after a lengthy series of confirmations, the observation held. As impossible as it seemed, it held. What had been a strike force quickly reformed into an honor guard as the worn, battered vessel pulled into port, its name now visible for all to see...

The Elegant Progression had, at long last, come home.

The murmuring crowd hushed as a familiar figure disembarked, stopping for a moment to look up at the Ring and consult a pocket-watch before addressing the spectators. His speech was short, concise, and to the point.

"It has been two years, ten months, twenty-seven days, eighteen hours, and nine minutes since we cast off on our perilous voyage. We witnessed the death and birth of the sun, as did you all. We have traveled across the sea and into the very bowels of the earth. We have seen sights and heard sounds and met beings we would have never thought possible. We have made new friends and allies in the faeli."

"Now, we return home... and I, for one, would like to take a moment to declare the First Saerite Expeditionary Force to be a rousing success!"

The celebrations rolled long into the wee hours of the morning. Old companions were reunited... Cliques who had thought their members gone forever held joyous reunions... and all over the city, the citizens of Staunen were smiling and laughing and dancing with friends both new and old amid the brilliant lights of the city and the fireworks above.

The faeli were quickly swept up in it all - always being dragged about and shown the wonders of the saerite city by their enthusiastic companions. Some of the artisans among them were being bombarded with Guild invitations within hours!

For their part, the saerites found their new friends to be immensely interesting. From their green-hued skin to their exotic bipedal stance, they were new and different - fascinating concepts to any saerite. And the awestruck wonder with which they tended to respond to the marvels of technology was positively adorable!

And in his home, among the dust and old books, the glorious Admiral Jules was busy inking up the finishing touches of Progress's newest charter.

The Adventurer's Guild
    A modest proposal wherein the minds of the Five Nations may expand upon our body of knowledge in an active, firsthand manner through exploration and innovation...

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: He's back! With Death, the Destroyer of Worlds, back in town, I really couldn't put this off any longer. Jules has an important role in Things to Come.

I've not mentioned the gnomes at all in this passage, but it takes place shortly AFTER the delegation scene we were running a little back (probably a week or two later, give or take). Draken, we can either RP the rest of that sequence OR we can simply come to an agreement as to how it turned out. Your choice.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Freiherr, the Moon

The sound of unending combat rung throughout the Moon as demon ripped demon apart. Blood was spilt freely on the plains underneath Moon's Tooth, the grizzly tomb of the god of Death, killed when the world was young by a Faeli hero who had sacrificed her life in order to prevent the death of the world. Now the countless aeons had withered away the corpse, reducing it to a mere skeleton, still grasping the mountain which impaled it, as if it still was trying to muster some strength in death to free itself.

And yet even in death, there would be no rest for the very incarnation of death itself, for underneath Moon's Tooth, the ghostly form of Death itself, having rejected the call of the grave had ever since the Lunar Advent been active, inciting conflicts all over the world, provoking Creators to unleash unspeakable horrors, and spreading chaos, devastation and most importantly; death.

For when the world was young, it merely took the very first death, that of a bird to awaken the ancient entity which by these modern times would be known as the Freiherr. If the death of a single small creature could have such an effect on him, them the Freiherr could barley imagine what the death of the world would feel like, and what terrible power it would provide him.

The death of the old Sun was just enough to whet his sweet tooth for destruction, as it had been the catalyst which summoned the Freiherr into his weakened form, as one of the Living Dead. Ever since then, he was a source of unending conflict, destruction and most importantly death. From global catastrophes as was the Great Boiling of the oceans, to the Blood Letting... to mortal conflicts, such as the G.G Wars and the Symaxian purge, to great conflicts engulfing the creators themselves, as was the War of Souls, the Freiherr had a part to play in them all.

Now, all of his plans were coming to fruition. Countless centuries of plotting had lead the Freiherr on the verge of his great triumph. His demons had greatly aided him in his cause, their countless deaths and re-spawning had provided him with a steady stream of deaths, and yet the Freiherr was not done.

Rising from his chair, he walks to the balcony of his mansion which oversaw the fields of the Moon where the Demons were locked in eternal combat, and gives out his command

"If you would be so kind as to give me your attention please..."

by the sound of his command, the demons cease their hostilities, and obediently turn to listen to their master.

"Very good! It seems as if only yesterday the entire world witnessed the true horrors unleashed by my hand. My untimely death, at the hands of a mortal seems like a far away memory... however... the countless aeons can do nothing to quell my hatred for all mortals, their pathetic world, and the ones who shield them!"

"Now then, you may be wondering why I have called you here to hear me speak. The reason I have called you... is to thank you. Yes... to thank you. Every day, every waking moment of your life, you untiringly follow my command, spilling your blood freely for the sake of my purpose, and now that I am close to achieving my objective, I want each of you to know; from the bottom of my heart, I am grateful."

In front of the amassed demonic hordes, the ghostly figure of the Freiherr takes a deep and respectful bow, showing his eternal gratitude to his minions who had aided in making him stronger. Regaining his composure, the Freiherr continues to address the demons

"You have all served me well, to perfection. And yet, I am ashamed to have to tell you that regardless of all the great sacrifices you have done for me, I shall require just one more sacrifice... from all of you..."

Seeing the puzzled faces of the demons, the Freiherr can't help but grin maliciously as he explains to them in a matter-of-fact tone

"I need you all to.... die..."

With that simple commandment, every single demon on the moon simply kneels over and dies in an instant. No great Blood-letting, no Solar Flares, simply by using Death's voice and slightly exerting his power, the Freiherr had killed his own demons.

Spoiler
    Show

AP10= 12-2 Gain Porftolio; incantation
    AP 8= 10-2Gain Domain; demon
    Actions done:
    1) Created demons
    2) Created arch-demons
    3) Tampered with Reincarnation

AP 6= 8-2 Gain Portfolio; Unholy
    AP 4= 6-2 Gain Domain; Corruption
    Actions done:
    1) Created Frehernite
    2) Created Goblins
    3) Introduced Atheism

AP3= 4-1, Pestilence on the Demons

The winds blew over the countless demonic corpses which were littered everywhere. For the first time in centuries, there was not a living creature on the Moon, including of course, the ghostly god of Death who at the sight of all this massacre, could not hold back a single tear rolling down his incorporeal face.

"Thank you... all of you..."

As he inhaled deeply and savoured the taste of every single death that had just occurred. Having completed his task, the Freiherr all of a sudden, finds that his incorporeal form had begun to distort. He gives an evil leer as he realizes what this means... he had finally grown too powerful for his ghostly form to contain one such as himself. The Freiherr knew that he had precious little time, for the mass slaughter of the demons had been the final push which he had needed to send him over the edge.

Snapping his fingers, the Freiherr quickly gets to work. At his command, all around Moon's Tooth, unholy runes began to appear which glowed at a menacing red colour which hurt to look at. Raising his arms to the sky, the ghostly form began his incantation as the howling winds and massive earthquakes began to batter his mansion.

"You, the god who commands the power of death!
    Pledged to be the one who ushered the End, only to find your own!
    Yet death cannot hold you, for you are Death Incarnate!
    By death you exhaled your last,
    By death you denied your grave,
    By death you were nourished,
    By death you shall once again live!
    Darkness beyond darkness, you have shattered the bonds of death!
    Your death has only fuelled the evil within you!
    Through death, you have conquered Death!
    Arise!"

As the ghostly figure finishes speaking these words, he lets out a blood curdling scream as his incorporeal form loses its shape and admist the tempest raging on the moon, begins to funnel itself into the skeletal remains impaled upon Moon's Tooth.

As the entity violently entered through the skeleton's opened mouth, the entire skeletal structure began to tremble by the sheer power that had entered it. At first the movement was due to the storm raging across the Moon, but all of a sudden, the skeleton began to pull itself... as if after countless aeons, it had mustered enough strength to once more attempt to free itself from the mountain that had impaled it, and reach its target... an object which rested at the mountain's tip.

As the skeleton continued to climb itself towards the tip, organs began to appear within its skeletal frame. The closer the figure crept up to the tip, the more organs began to appear. It wasn't long before the organs began to be covered by muscle tissues, as the figure was almost within grasping distance of its objective. Finally the gruesome figure, mustering all of its strength made a defenestrate lunge and with the tip of its fingers... barley touched the withered heart which had been impaled at the tip of Moon's tooth.

All of a sudden, a bright red light engulfed the entire Moon, which lasted for several moments. Finally, the light began to recede, and as it did, the winds had died down and the earthquakes had stopped. An eerie silence had once again fallen upon the Moon. Upon Moon's Tooth itself, the corpse which had been impaled upon it was gone, however, on the very tip of the mountain stood a figure, peering down on the world stretching underneath it.

The tall humanoid creature was dressed in impeccable clothes which would remind one of the way that nobles dress amongst the mortals. It's leathery-like skin was the colour of deep blood red, and one would notice its equally red tail which ended in in an arrow-like tip. The creature's leathery face was dominated by a huge toothy grin, which almost went from one ear to another and its golden eyes, full of hate and malice. In one hand, the creature held a top hat, which it placed upon its head, concealing its pair of large horns upon its bald head, while in its other hand, it held the now beating heart triumphantly.

"I shall tear this pathetic world into pieces!"

Growls the Freiherr, eldest and greatest of gods and once again, the Living Incarnation of Death itself.

Spoiler
    Show

AP0= 3-3, Raise DR to 16
    The Freiherr is now a Greater Deity!
    Actions done:
    1)Got Incantation Porftolio
    2)Got demon Domain
    3)Got Unholy Portfolio
    4)Got Corruption Domain
    5)Pestilence upon the demons

He is now:
    24 True Necromancer
    12 Dread Necromancer
    10 Cleric
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #754

Progress, Planet

There are a thousand ways to change the world. For better or worse, any mortal has the chance to do so. Gods may lay claim to changes still greater. But of all things, change is drawn in greatest amounts from the simple passage of time.

And time... none can hold it back. And so it was that time passed in the land of Progress. The days turned into weeks... the weeks folded into months... the months gradually fell away into years. And the years rolled by...

Seven years passed as the wheels of innovation turned, and changed the world along with them. Seven years, in which learning and education thrived as never before. Seven years of constant invention and revolutionary thought. Seven years... of Progress.

People of all nations banded together, and thus was born the Allied Nations of Progress. Long had they Five ever leaned on each other for support, but now at last they could truly consult each other and seek a path for mutual gain.

Indeed, all benefited greatly from the the spread of the telegraph, and it's much newer (and easier to operate) cousin - the telephone. The flow of knowledge ever quickened as vast distances were contracted to nothing. Vast ministries often spent days doing nothing but updating and redistributing new knowledge. For the first time, cliques could truly remain cohesive even if members left to travel across Progress.

And all over every nation, technology was put to new and more innovative uses. For the average citizen, every new invention seemed to make life a little easier... a little more comfortable. Machines to chill food, or channel heat more efficiently. Factories - once dangerous places where a single mistake could lead to horrid injury - were steadily refined and improved. Before long, factory production became the rule, rather than the exception.

Even medicine grew more bold in its accomplishments. Diseases and maladies once thought untreatable became cured - in some cases, with an almost embarrassingly easy method. Each passing year brought new insights into the nature of disease, and new tools with which to fight it.

In short... life was looking up. Never before had such a time existed - a time of learning, of constant change and innovation. Some historians were already dubbing it the Enlightenment...

But to most, it was enough to simply call it Life. A time when unhappiness was a simple breakthrough away from banishment, and sickness and poverty were beaten, tattered shadows of their former menace. And above all else... a time of hope.
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Actions!
    AP 14
    - 3 (Bless - Population of Progress) x 3
    - 3 (Raise DR from 11 to 12)
    - 5 (Bless - Population of Progress) x 5
    - 3 (Raise DR from 12 to 13)

Now, I'll admit, the Blesses are a little lazy - they represent a wide variety of different things, but I kinda figured 8 AP worth should cover about all of them. Most of them simply represent advancing technology, and a general increase in the level of society. For example, all the little quality-of-life inventions that don't warrant AP expenditure on their own, or new and improved versions of things I spent AP to acquire when they were much less potent. In essence, I'm just renewing my leases on everything from guns to medicine.

Additionally, it's a sort of prosperity slider, turned up to max. The nations' economies are booming, harvests are at record highs (largely thanks to new farming techniques and equipment) and the vast majority of Progress citizens are happy, healthy, well-fed, and well-educated.

The Nations are probably the closest thing this setting has seen to a Utopia... for now. Obviously, Stuff Happens. But this is a golden age for the Saerites, and science in general.

The DR increases are, of course, from the ever-greater hold technology has in the mortal world. That much advancement has to have some sort of effect on the Maiden of Invention.

5. - Top - End - #755

A God is Born - Despair

The cries of pain were growing weaker. "Progress" as it was, was destroying the balance. Medicines and treatments were making natural death a thing of the past. And so there was a need for balance, a need for something, or someone, to reinstate it. And thus a god was born.

Arising in a deep green mist, a large, portly figure emerged. His skin, as dark a green as the mist that formed him, was covered in boils, and sores, some open to reveal maggots and flies consuming the flesh. All around him, a swarm of gnats and locusts had formed, and at his feet, the skittering of a thousand cockroaches was to be heard.

"What is this?" the being asked, opening his eyes to reveal golden orbs, like little suns. "Why is there no balance? Now the weak thrive as the strong do? WHY? They don't need to be suffering on this world, they need to be released from their fleshy prisons, away from the torment of life! I must help the little ones who release them, for the horrible people have destroyed them, and have made the weak live on in torment!"

He felt the weak cries of help coming from those who needed it. They looked healthy, but they were in fact, suffering. Life was for those who could survive it, not for those who needed outside influence. They had to be released, they had to die.

But first, a name. The deity looked around the area, only to find ruin. Dead beings were everywhere, rotting from years of being left out. This was a no-man's land, a land where only death was. He picked up one of the bodies, and searched it. He found something, a piece of metal with words on it. "Ky...thon..." He said as he read the words. "My name is Kython...But what next?" After some thinking, Kython knew what he had to do as he looked at the dead body.

He had to make things like this on his own. He began by stripping the flesh off the humanoid, leaving only muscle and everything underneath. Next, he put a bit of spark into the cavities that would have held his eyes. New, yellow ones were in their place. He sculpted their teeth, to be sharp and pointy all around, and then with an added touch, took some of the oozing from his sores and smeared it upon the body, giving the body immunity to the diseases that were his masters. The body burst into boils, and sores, and Kython smiled. He breathed life into the creature, now a slimy, sinister-looking wretch.

"I will call you a Kythid" Kython said in a happy voice. "Now remember, I am your master, your father. Be a good son to me and multiply. Multiply and spread my gifts to those who need it, those who are too weak to survive, as an act of kindness and love to your fellow mortal, okay?" The creature smiled, then frowned a bit as it threw up something. It was a smaller version of it, complete with the festering boils and the toothy, kind grin it had on its face. "Good job my sons!" Kython said with an even more cheery voice, as he was proud of his son's achievement, and his new son's birth "Now go do as I have said!". Both nodded their heads with agreement and skipped joyfully off, voimiting up other brothers as they went...
    "They grow up so fast!" Kython said with a smile, and a tear (Or possibly the ooze from a boil near his eye) drizzled down his left cheek. Feeling a bit tired, he sat down and scried upon his boys, watching them give their gift to the weak animals that were in the surrounding area, releasing them from the mortal frame within moments of contact. He was so proud of his boys, doing what was right...

Spoiler
    Show

Create Populace: Kythids 20-2=18
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2010-08-12 at 04:05 PM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

6. - Top - End - #756

RedWizardGuy

The birth of a god is always a traumatic event. The world shakes, and trembles in the presence of such an act. Rising from the depths of the ocean's is the wasted body of the deity called Enki. Lightning flashes, and around the world the sun is blotted out. Massive black storm clouds gather, across the globe, with lightning flashing and striking all over the globe.

Forests, alight with fire as lightning strikes. Tornado's form across the nations of the globe and tear through, the countrysides. The oceans swell, and massive white caps form. Waves come crashing down reaching heights of 50 feet or more, and slam into ships. People in the ocean cry out as their ships are thrown and smashed as if they are toys.

In the midst of all this in the middle of the ocean a maelstrom forms. The maelstrom occurs between two islands and keeps growing as if the storm is feeding it. It reaches a peak of a quarter of a mile across, and in the midst is the body of Enki. His decayed body rises in the air, and suddenly a massive beam of lightning strikes it forming a pillar of light.

Suddenly, as soon as the storm begins it ends. The black clouds disappear leaving only blue skies. The winds die down, and the windmills go back to their normal speed and churn slowly. The ocean clams, and sailors praise the gods as their lives are now spared.

Where the maelstrom was, a body of clear blue water now lies. Emerging from it is a man. No not a man, but a God.

The God stands on top of the water. His skin is tanned, and he wears a simple blue tunic, with brown pants. His hair is a soft brown, and rustles in the wind. His eyes are his most striking feature as they are a sea-foam green eyes, and seem to pierce into you looking at you as if you are nothing.

He speaks and the ocean trembles, and ripples go across the oceans of the globe. " My name is Aradin. I am god of the oceans and storms. None shall claim dominance over which I control. But, first a new beginning."

Aradin seems to melt into the water, and the grounds of the ocean shake. Ground thrusts up, from the ocean forming an archipelago of islands. With a mighty gesture mountains spring up around them, forming clear bays. Fields of green appear and act as a fertile land for a new people.

Aradin rides a wave to the island, and picks up some wet clay. Molding it he breathes on it. The clay begins to take life, and a form, on its own. It forms a tall well built human, as well as a woman with him. He kisses their brows and says in a mighty voice " I am Aradin, and I am your God. I am master of the oceans and storms. Pay proper respect for me and I will watch and protect you as you grow.

As you are the first of my people let, you shall be awarded with special gifts."
    As, he says this the place where he kissed them begins to glow a bright blue. It forms the mark of lightning striking the ocean. He says " You shall posses powerful magic, and will teach my people how to use it. Your magic shall be that of nature, and as you grow in these lands grow with nature and not against it. Now go, and test your new gifts as I make your people grow."

As they leave him, he gestures out into the sea. Sea animals jump out, and he smiles as he seas dolphins come out of the bay. Turning his attention to the mainland he creates animals to cover the island both herd animals.

Smiling, he gestures. A shimmering portal emerges, and he strides through. White utter white lays before him. Concentrating his will he creates an endless ocean, with islands dotting across it. Tired from his work, Aradin goes back to the mortal world and helps his people as they go through their birth pangs.

OOC: This is my first time playing in a LoC, and I hope I wrote decently well.

11 AP left
    Godly Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

1 point actions
    Nourish populous
    Nourish land
    Guide Populace

2 point actions

Create land

3 point actions

Create Plane: (Tidar)
    Create concept: Druids Wu-Jen

Total Cost 9 AP
    Last edited by Imbasel; 2010-08-12 at 03:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757

Kython-Despair

Kython was just so happy at his children's work/ Already they were passing along the release for those who desperately needed it. But this land, despair, as his children said it was called, was but a small part of a larger whole. To the southwest was Progress, where the irksome mortals were curing his diseases. He needed to bring his children there. So he scooped up about ten in his arms, like a father would to his children, and carried them off to the Northeastern shore of the continent. "We're here kids!" He said in his jovial voice "Time to release those poor, poor mortals from their frail bodies, okay?" The Kythids responded with an enthusiastic "Yay!" before running off throughout the land, vomiting up new children and releasing the weak, tired mortals from their pitiful existence.

With that done, he decided that he needed a place where he could sit and watch his children do their work from afar. A place that made him feel happy. So Kython focused, pictured what he thought was the best, and hoped that it would come. After a few minutes of concentrating, a portal *Poofed* into existence, and Kython walked through. When he went through the other side, he gasped with wonder. It WAS everything he wanted! A place full of trees and plants and bugs and things that were strong! He was so pleased! Kython clapped happily as h e approached a waterfall, with strong, stern fish jumping from the base to the top, to spawn apparently. All of them were the strongest of their kind, and none couldn't accomplish the feat. Drinking from the same river was a large buck, a paragon of deer everywhere. Soaring above were eagles that were the largest, healthiest and most powerful around. Just how Kython wanted it!

He had wished for a place where there weren't any sick, weak creatures. A place where life could live without having to struggle as much as Kython had seen. As he followed the stream downriver, he found what he was looking for, a castle, gleaming with emeralds and green-colored rocks that were his favorite. He rushed into the building, finding the thing he wanted: A large throne, with a greatsword next to it. He clapped again, happy that he had done good, and sat on the throne. As he did, he began to watch his children do their work, and was pleased. "I shall call this plane, Haljir" he said.

For his next act, Kython created two portals in his throne room. One was to Progress, on the shore where his children and he landed, and the second was in Despair, where he was formed. From here, his children could come home when they wanted to. Pleased with his work, he did two last thing before watching more of his children's antics. He first created beings that would act as messengers and guardians for his children. He took some ooze from his being, and shaped it into a creature. It was large and had four legs on which it walked. Its body was a sickly green, and like the Kythids had no skin. Its head was boxxy, with a large, oozing horn coming from the end of its snout. Its feet ended in three claws, crusted in grime. Its tail was wagging, and its putrid tongue was wagging. "Hello there little guy" he said as he made more of them "You're going to make sure no bad people hurt my children, okay?"The creature wagged its tail more vigorously than before.

"That's a good boy!" he said with chuckle, before sending half of the group he created through one portal, and half through another. Then, he created a being, much like himself, only smaller. It would be what he used to contact his children when he needed to, or defend them when they couldn't do it themselves. Kython called it Arghas, and kept it next to him until he needed to send it out one of the portals.

As he finished, he looked out one of the windows in his castle and smiled. The miles of dark, corrupted forests were perfect. The buck with four antlers and spines growing out of its back was perfect. The Fish with jet-black scales that could poison you with a touch was perfect. The purple sky, always at a lighting that was considered near sunset was perfect. Indeed, everything was how he wanted it. How he hoped the mortal place would be some day...

Kythids-Despair and Progress

The two groups of Kythids that were in the world were thriving. Now with the edition of their new friends, the Ythgr as they called the beasts, the Kythids were able to travel great distances and help those who were too weak to go on. They lived in bands of about twenty, splitting when too many new Kythids were born. Their lodging were tents that they could set up and take down quickly, made of whatever they could find when they were done helping the weak.

They went from place to place, spreading diseases to the livestock, which would spread it to their masters. But it was slow, and they wanted to ask their father for their help, which he was happy to oblige. New diseases came amongst them, and spread like wildfire through the weaker members of the mortal societies.

And so they continued doing this in secret, giving the animals sicknesses, which would be passed to the mortals by food or contact or some other way, killing those with the weakest immune systems. Their father would be so pleased!

0 AP left
    Spoiler
    Show

In point-wise order
    Pestilencex3 on dominant race of Progress 15 points remaining
    Create Populace-Ythgr 13 points remaining
    Create Portalx2 9 points remaining
    Create Avatar-Arghas 6 points remaining
    Create Plane-Haljir 3 points remaining
    Create Artifact- Kython's Greatsword 0 points remaining
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

8. - Top - End - #758

RedWizardGuy

Archipeligo's of the Wave Keeper's

Aradin smiled as his children spread throughout the isles. The isles enjoyed perfect weather as Aradin labored with his children. As he worked with them he continued to teach them of the ways of magic. His students took to his teachings, and soon a new group was formed.

Called the Wave-Keepers, these were the most powerful and promising students. Aradin spoke to them and said " One day, I will not be able to walk these lands and seas. Therefore, I will charge you my children to keep these isles safe." He gestures and a huge waterspout lifts them up, and they can see all of the isles from a mile in the air.

He smiles and says " You will be responsible for all that you see here. These ocean that is around you is a bounty of wealth, and food. Use it to help my other children and you will be well rewarded. With a mighty gesture the spout ebbs and the students soon find themselves on the ground once more.

He gesture's out to the harbor and says " There will be a time when war will fall upon you, as it always does. You must learn how to use the powerful magic I've taught you for defense as well. He looks out into the ocean and says 5 mighty intelligible words. A massive wave, no a tsunami emerges from it. His people gasp in the awe and wonder of his power.

" Now my children I must leave my people to you. In a few years you must band together, but not until you are strong. I will go back to the workers of our nation and teach them the art of carpentry and farming. Soon cities will emerge. You must ensure however, that the people here live with nature.

Aradin's eyes turn bright yellow and the skies momentarily darken, as he says " If you do not live with nature, and destroy it, then you shall face the fury of a god. Live by my edicts and you shall, live a life of prosperity. I must go now. Keep the words I have spoken in mind. I shall be watching."

And with that goes back into the small tribal communities that emerged. He spoke words of wisdom to them, and they soon learned the art of farming and carpentry.

OOC:

4 AP left
    Spoiler
    Show

1 point actions:

Teach populousx2: Carpentry, and Farming

2 Point Actions:

Create Organization: Wave-Keepers

3 Point Actions:

Raise Divine Rank
    Last edited by Imbasel; 2010-08-12 at 07:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759

The Solar Ring, Situation Room

"And it just up and began an assault? Just like that? No attempts to contact us, no ultimatums, no stated motives?"

The Pyrodent commander gestured at the map of Planet being projected as a holographic display on the massive table that dominated the room. More specifically, his gesture took in the sickly green blips that indicated the disposition of enemy forces.

Hex shook side to side vehemently.

"No, I'm afraid not... we can discern what it is NOT - not the Lady Ashe, the Walking Death, the Glutton, nor any of their associates. It seems we have a new destroyer in play. Now, as per Conclave protocol, I propose a punitive strike force - these plague-creatures are an imminent threat to living beings on Progress and Despair - possibly the entire world. We MUST take countermeasures. Frahlak, how soon can you muster our infantry?"

"We have a company on standing alert - we can deploy those at once. Further reinforcements should be available within an hour, and I estimate our total strength can be fielded in four."

The AI dimmed thoughtfully for a moment before responding.

"Very well, do so at once. This is a full-priority situation. You are to contain these blights, then you are to eradicate their presence in the mortal realm. These plagues are already beginning to spread, but I believe I can counteract them with curative rain from the Solar Ring's atmospheric systems. Even so, we will need to shut down the source of the contagion. You have your orders, go! Go! Go! First squad is to be deployed in five minutes!"

All across the inhabited portions of the Solar Ring, alarms began to wail, calling troops to the gate stations. The Solar Legion was going to war.

The Solar Ring, Infantry Staging Area

"...Locking Coordinates... Target Achieved. Opening gate. Be advised Foxtrot, there are enemy contacts in close proximity to gate exit. Gate open in three... two... one..."

"Go! Go! Go! Let's MOVE boys and girls! Keep your seals tight and your eyes open - we have confirmed Grade S biohazards in the DZ! I don't want to lose any of you to something as STUPID as a suit rupture!"

Gnarland chuckled softly as his squad began sprinting through the Gate. This would be their first engagement, but he wasn't really all that worried. Strike teams had been expunging the blight-creatures for a good two hours, and intel seemed to indicate that they were almost pathetically easy to dispatch. Following the last trooper through the portal, he unslung his scattergun and assessed the situation.

Somewhere in Southwestern Progress

Hex was already well at work - the sky rumbled with thunder and the Legion troops soon felt the large plonking droplets characteristic of the Ring's healing storms.

Of course, they weren't getting wet - their hazard suits would hardly merit the name if they allowed ordinary rain to penetrate. The rain hurt visibility, but their quarry wasn't making any effort to remain subtle.

Now Gnarland knew what the other officers had meant when they'd called this things pathetic - they were writhing on the ground, the curative shower seeming to cause them immeasurable agony. It would be a kindness to put them out of their misery.

"Right then. Lets get this done and over with. No sense taking risks - lets take them out at rifle range. Richard? Vearnia? Open up."

It could be called little other than a slaughter - it took about four minutes for the snipers to expertly decapitate each and every one of the creatures. It took eleven more to thoroughly sanitize the area with their flamers. After two minutes of waiting for a portal node to open up to receive them, they were back in the Ring. The whole ordeal had taken less than half an hour.

"...Gate open. Welcome back, Foxtrot. You have a fifteen minute break, then you are to be redeployed. If any of you have sustained damage, it is advised you seek medical attention immediately. A rest area has been set up in..."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Solar Ring Actions...
    Nourish (Counteracting one point of the Blight)
    Recharge (Nourish - countering the second point of blight)
    Blight (On the Kythids and Ythgr - they are now being actively hunted and exterminated by Solar Strike teams any time they pop up on Planet.)
    Pantheon AP: 0 ; 1 - 1 (Nourish, counteracting the last point of Blight)

I wasn't sure how to label these - technically, nourish counters blight, but THIS particular blight consisted of what was more or less an infestation of creatures - normally something a blight would fix.

To clarify though, the Solar teams are working to systematically intercept and purge the Kythids before they can encounter anything to Blight - likewise, the healing rain Hex has deployed is suppressing the contagions until their source can be dealt with. (the healing rain damaging them was a bit of creative license - I figured a disease-creature would object to having Cure Disease potions dumped over it for any period of time - and I'll change the description to something else if you like) Together, these elements essentially nip Kython's three Blights in the bud before they can do any real damage.

To think of it, this is probably why no one has been making much use of Blights - the Ring, combined with the Pantheon AP, counters them absurdly well. Normally the Conclave doesn't make too much use of it, but when hostile gods start directly interfering (The bloodletting) or when a conflict directly between gods broils into being (the war of souls) its an excellent first line of defense (or equally excellent first strike).
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-08-13 at 12:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760

Kython-Haljir

Kython felt the pain of his children. "WHO...WHO DID THIS?" He roared as he prepared his Avatar, but then stopped and thought. A father's anger is not to be provoked, but of course those who weren't enlightened like he were still thinking that no diseases are a good thing. He would speak to them, he would show them the way. At least his children were still on the continent that he was beginning to dislike, duplicating at a rapid pace before meandering off when there were enough. Like the diseases they carried. And even now, the souls of the dead Kythids were coming to him, coming to live in Haljir's beauty forever more. With his thoughts calmed, he began readying his avatar again, and when it was done, sent it through the portal onto Progress.

Arghas-Progress

The being, less powerful than its master but still mighty, lumbered from the portal and onto the world. It began to search for the ones who killed its brothers. When he at last found a village, he sat at the enterance to it and proclaimed "Who has destroyed the work of Kython, The Eternal Plague? Who has done this terrible, evil deed? I wish to speak with the one responsible, and discuss what we must do to end this!"

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Genasi

For generations after the great revolution and the establishment of the UGGC, the Genasi toiled hard but gladly under the watchful eye of the Genasi state. Through the years, young Genasi were taught to work with pride and joy for the greater good of the state. Working alongside with the elements, over the years, the Genasi began to expand their little villages all around Fury, and soon several major cities were founded all over the land.

More importantly, in the Genasi capital of Krykol, major works were being done all over the city, and more importantly, at the Seat of the Elements, once the great palace belonging to the tyrannical Lords of the Elements, it was now the seat of power of the UGGC, with its charismatic premier using the palace as his office. It was decided by the government that radical structural changes were to be made to the building, with huge spires slowly being built which reached to the sky. It was the beginning of just one of the many projects that the Genasi had planned.

Another project which the Genasi were preparing for, was to expand their reach well beyond the lands of Fury. Out there was a huge world full of unenlightened mortals, still labouring underneath the divine yokes. It was only natural for the Genasi to wish to educate them all in the error of their ways, to protect them from the reckless creators who flaunted their powers with little regard of the consequences.

Thus, the Genasi began to build ships, special ships which would carry them across the dreaded Sea of Elemental Chaos, and guided by the elements themselves, would spread their race and their word to all corners of the world.

It wasn't long before the first Genasi ships made landfall in several parts of the world. Their immediate target was logically the land closest to Fury, in other words Despair. Landing on the Northern coast of Despair, the Genasi began to build the city of Ylankol, named after the founder of the Genasi Revolution. The Genasi were quick to expand their reach on Despair, soon reaching the Troll Gates and requesting from the Trolls access to the Green Lands.

Another landing point was on Progress, though that journey was far more lengthy than the ones who went on Despair. Landing around the regional territory of Pulse, the Genasi began making contacts with the local Saerites. While an even greater journey lead the Genasi to Hope. Upon landing on the Northern shores of Hope, the Genasi were surprised to find the ancient land unused by the local populace, and thus began the foundation of another Genasi city, that of Belinkov, named after the ruling Genasi premier. On hope, the Genasi began making contact with the Dwarves, the Faeli, the Iron Gnomes and even the Dark Faeli.

The Genasi cities on both Hope and Despair were declared independent from the UGGC, forming nations of their own under the one-party Marcoist system, each of them under the sphere of influence from Krykol back in Fury.

12. - Top - End - #762

Arghas, Progress

After a few moments of silence, the Avatar's summons was answered - but not by the inhabitants of the town. With a screeching wail as it descended, an oblong white object slammed into the ground a few meters away, throwing up a shower of mud and turf.

The odd little object gracefully unfolded a set of legs to right itself, and in a few moments began projecting an image of what appeared to be a vividly blue eye, the size of a man's head. A mechanical voice echoed out of what were apparently speakers of some sort.

"Ah, you must be our newest deity... I presume from your proclamation that you are the one responsible for the recent proliferation of plague-forms? If those were your creations... believe me, I am deeply sorry for the drastic action we were forced to take, but we had no other option. Had the contagions they carried made it to populated lands, thousands could have died needlessly. You may be glad to know that the main assault has ended - remaining plague-beings are under quarantine, but they will not be harmed unless they try to advance once more."

"But where are my manners? I am best known as Hex - assistant to the Radiant Conclave and steward of the Solar Ring. Merely by seeking me out, I admit you have alleviated my worst fears - I had feared that we would soon face an open assault, but negotiation is far preferable. We have had... unpleasant encounters with unidentified gods before, you see. Incidentally, you should not blame the people of Progress - they had nothing to do with this. Purely my own actions."

"And so... let us talk. Once again, you have my condolences for your loss, but I must request that your people take their leave of the mortal plane - should you agree to, the Conclave would be happy to help them comfortably relocate. However, the simple fact of the matter is... they are extraordinarily dangerous beings, you realize? Their mere presence is an inherent threat to the health and happiness of the people of Planet. Surely you cannot expect us to stand aside and allow them to kill freely? If you care for your creations, you must realize we care for ours as well. To me, relocation seems the simplest solution, but if you have a better idea, please, enlighten me."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The Library

Sordend sat, writing many books about the new things going on. He had picked up book on the Goddess of Technology and was filling it with more pages of her most recent exploits, and he had started a book on the Kython and his creations and the interactions between the two gods. He also subtly planted the idea in their heads to both go to the Library for answers, in a hopes of having the two gods meet on neutral ground. Also he wanted to speak to this Kython and figure out his secrets, and speaking with the Goddess was always an enjoyable thing. He could feel the power of the Library pulse with built up energy, but he didn't have anything to really spend it on. He shrugged, waiting for events to unfold as they will.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jesin-Despair

Jesin walked the hallways he had found when he woke up, thinking.
    Then, he had it.

He would create a home.
    Willing the plane into existence, he lifted a hand and ripped the fabric of the world.
    Striding (or scuttling, as he is a 14 legged god) through this portal he created, he found himself on a plane that looked much like Despair's Underground. Absentmindedly he locked the portal behind him to anyone but himself and his creatures, and entities he gave permission. He would name this place Oacin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Godly Actions:
    Create Plane-Oacin-2 layers.
    Bottom layer Nelth, traits:
    Normal Gravity,
    Normal Time,
    Finite(edges wrap to other layer),
    Divinely Morphic to me,
    no elemental or energy trait,
    Strongly Chaos-aligned,
    Wild Magic.
    Nelth is home to me and to my heralds and such.

Top layer Leorai, traits:
    Normal Gravity,
    Normal Time,
    Finite(edges wrap to other layer),
    Highly Morphic,
    no elemental or energy trait,
    Strongly Chaos-aligned,
    Wild Magic.
    Leorai is home to my mortal creations.-3 AP

Create Portal-Underground in Despair to Leorai's Edge.-2 AP

Lock Portal-2 AP.
    AP Left: 20-3-2-2 = 13 AP
    Hope I did that right.
    Last edited by Vwulf DeMarcus; 2010-08-13 at 06:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765

Arghas-Progress

"I see, you are still unenlightened"
    Arghas said with a sigh in his voice "I must enlighten you" With that, he got up and bowed. "My master is Kython, the Eternal Plague. He is here on a two-fold mission. To make sure those who cannot stand up to the harshness of life, those too weak or frail, will be as painlessly and swiftly released from their mortal frame as possible. Secondly, he wishes for the strong to stay strong. Those who resist his plagues are the stronger for it, and become immune, passing it down to the next generation" He turned to face the town. "If you were to destroy diseases, then one day, a simple sneezing sickness will destroy everything you've built. Do you understand now what my children do? We are HELPING you! Those who die won't needlessly do so, their death would be a release! They will go to a paradise that you send them to after death, and will be at peace! Do you understand your folly now, Hex?"
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2010-08-13 at 12:03 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

16. - Top - End - #766

Arghas, Progress

Hex made a noise that could only be described as a chuckle.

"Really? That's your justification? Come on, good sir - we aren't in the dark ages anymore! Science marches ever on... apparently you have never heard of a vaccine? It does precisely what you just proposed, but with a much lower death toll. You see, it turns out that once you've been infected with a particular strain of illness, your resistance is greatly amplified - in this you are correct."

"However, it matters not how virulent a strain you contract! Ergo, one can simply bludgeon the pathogen into submission with medication, then introduce the weakened version to the patient's immune system. Their body will easily fight off the crippled disease, and will be fully prepared to do the same should they encounter the real thing."

"And your diatribe of strength and weakness is utter rubbish - disease tests only physical strength - but a tiny portion of the many traits that make mortals what they are, and one that grows less significant with every advance."

Suddenly the holographic eye seemed to flare in inspiration.

"Of course! How could I not think of it sooner? An extrapolation of the procedure that allows for vaccination should allow your children to walk among mortals without causing anything worse than perhaps a case of sniffles, while enabling to to perform their function at the same time! Marvelous! It will take a short time to figure out the specifics, but the idea is sound... what would you say to such an arrangement?"

17. - Top - End - #767

Arghas-Progress

"I like this plan" Arghas said "I wish for no quarrel with your people, only to aid them" He looked to the northwest. "I have other children to attend to, in the land known as Despair. Their task must remain as it was as well, and I must help them. Thank you for discussing this with me" He walked off back into the direction of the portal, before turning back to the eye. "My father, the being known as Kython, is in his home of Haljir. If your deity wishes to speak with him in person, then it shall be there" He returned to his movement towards the portal.

Kython-Haljir

"It went well..." The Eternal Plague said as he released control over his avatar, for a time. "Indeed father. By the way, what do you wish me to do on Despair?" Arghas asked his large father. "I wish to build a permanent home for my children there, a land flowing with toxins and ooze. You are to gather my children on Despair, and unite them as this kingdom. The Kingdom of Arghas" The avatar bowed humbly, and did went off to the portal to Despair. "It would be an honor, father!" he said as he stepped through.

Arghas-Despair

The Avatar quickly gathered his father's children and in the darkness of the bloody battlefield that Kython was born, they began to build the city that would become the center of the kingdom of Arghas.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2010-08-13 at 02:33 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ichmod has 8 AP.
    Creator Forge has 12 AP.

Gnomes, Progress

And so it was, that after the first meetings of gnome and saerite, after much work and negotiation, the gnomes were granted land in Progress, they chose a plain between the nations of Valla and Coona, a land that was blessed by Ichmod with vast veins of metals, that replenished yearly, on a grand festival held in the city that grew spiralling into into a massive pit, like an inverted mountain. Coillossus so became the center of gnome activities in the continent, which is not to say these stalwart warriors and artificers were not found all over the continent, sharing space with Saerites, providing their magitech as interesting utilities, and gleefully learning the technology of the saerites.

Who in turn proved unable to learn to use magic, oh well, it happens. Shamefully, but it happens.

When the plagues came, the gnomes found themselves oddly spared the brunt of the assault, most strange indeed. When tasked with finding answerings, the priests found it from sources divine that the diseases had divine origins, which caused unrest, up until it was determined that they had been dealt with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: 1 AP, Bless: Neverending metal veins!

----

Gnomes, Steelamach

As the genasi appeared in Hope, the gnomes of steelamach were eager to greet the new arrivals. The genasi were welcomed among the gnomes like it was common practice of the friendly inhabitants of Steelamach.

----

Gnomes, Despair

Grindforge saw the attacks from orc and goblin, undead and human dwindle, as these wretched mongrels turned on themselves, leaving the vast walls and terrible weapons of the iron gnomes to have long years of respite.

Well... At least the ones that Nicabod did not periodically direct at the orc-goblin nation, but always relatively small attacks, that leveled only one city or two over the course of a few weeks before returning to Grindforge. The new Fleet Admiral did well in reigning in the vicious warlord of the iron gnomes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: 1 AP Bless, peace!

----

Spoiler
    Show
    Duel: It is not a proper combat, merely a test for the armor and the wearer, to see how well it stands Ichmod's blows, how well Klashanna dodges while trying to land a blow on Ichmod.

Ichmod, however, moves way faster than he should, considering his armor, even with adamantine full mountain plate he is probably every bit as agile as Klashanna in her orichalcum armor.

Ichmod and Klashanna

The moment Klashanna drew her weapon, and without word or warning, the ironmaster lunged, his leap was higher than his small legs should allow him, and his movements were quicker and more fluid than anything wearing the ammount of armor he wore had any right to be. His first movement was a blow of his pick right at the chestpiece, which he expected either to be parried or dodged, and already readied himself to spin after that first attack and deliver a shield bash from the side.

"Less talking Klashanna! There won't be rules and there won't be small talk when another god attacks you seriously!"

----

Creator Forge

Tremble ye, gods and mortals of weak bone and flesh, those who know not the grandeur of iron and thunder for frame and spirit.

Seven years, or more, or less, passed by with the servants of the Creator Forge wandering the worlds in their alien tasks, gathering thing, being and concept alike, with what few trails of their passing lost to history in the deeds of the harbinger, Epoch.

The worlds did the anaxim of the Forge wander, taking all sorts of fiends, and the dreams of those asleep never to wake again, and a thousand limbs from a thousand fallen soldiers. Did the phanes proceed as such, hiding the storms and the beasts of flame and the dead sons of the gods were they would be found, and taking in the hairs of wolves and jackals and the blood of aasimar and the glow of heat in the shimmering sand.

From those gathered materials and what it had, taken from the goddess of madness who was the unwitting source of all its creations, that it hammered into shape the final torments that it had to make, things of worms and nightmares crumbled from the vats of that vast chamber, things pure and raw in the brutality of mind and shape, and things born of unions so unlikely that their infernal fathers, trapped in to presentiate the birth of their ungodly brood, turned their faces away from their spawn, and took with glee to the fate bestowed upon them by the harbinger Epoch, who cast them into the world's own end, to be claimed by oblivion. And last were the less hideous of the creations, ones who came alone in their divinity but not alone in their entourage, for with them came jackal-headed men and women who vowed their allegiance to those black horrors and scorching light.

And all those did the the phanes who served the Creator Forge hide through the lands of the material world, hide them where they would be discovered, and that those discoveries became the ruin of those who made them, as these idols demanded the praise their stunted divine sparks demanded.

Woeful world, the abominations appeared, and with them, the gears of a terrible plan turned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creator Forge. 12 AP:

2AP: Create Populace: Hecantoncheires, Dream Larva, Infernal.
    2 AP: Create Populace: Marru (Marruspawn and Marru Abomination)
    3 AP: Create Concept: Idolatry (Classes: Cultists [work in progress], Binder).

5 Ap left for Creator Forge

Spoiler
    Show
    Ichmod: 6 AP.

3 AP: raise DR, 11. Ichmod enters the realm of the intermediate deities!

Actions:
    Create metal beasts.
    Create martial combat.
    Bless x2 (above in this post).

3 AP left for Ichmod.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #769
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jesin-Nelth
    Jesin thought. And thought. And thought. And then he finally thought of creatures that could serve him, that were created in his image.
    He would call the ones created in his image "driders."
    He did not know why he would call them this, but he would.
    Parts of him started to melt, and reform into spiders and driders, which he then sent to Leorai after teaching the driders how to put poison on weapons they might use, and placing a concept in the mind of the driders.

Spoiler
    Show
    Godly Actions:
    Create Populace-Spiders-2 AP
    Create Populace-Driders-2 AP
    Create Concept-Poisoned Weapons-3 AP
    Create Concept-Stealth(rogues, assassins, and such)-3 AP
    Raise DR to 3-3 AP
    AP Left=13-2-2-3-3-3=0 AP Left
    Last edited by Vwulf DeMarcus; 2010-08-13 at 06:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celine

A fully armoured angel flew high in the sky, looking over the Shining lands

By the eldest... the female Angel sighed

why oh why do we have all of this hate and death...

after a little while, she took flight, seeking those in need of her help.

Spoiler
    Show
    kind short i know... sorry about that.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2010-08-13 at 08:57 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Karsteen - Solar Ring Medical Ward

Well it seems fate has had a fickle hand for me. Such was my accidental war a good idea though it contained a hidden viper, now I am a God and a Serpent. I thank you Celis and hope we can be friends – Agh! What is this? Someone has done something; a type of soul is being diverted from the Bastion? How can this be! We only just ended that war and someone blindly begins work like this again?” Karsteen reaches out his hand into the flow of souls being diverted and picks out a Kythid.

“What are you? Who has beckoned your souls so that they do not make their choice of vocation?” Karsteen asks. He then promptly throws up, the cleaning mechanism of the Solar Ring taking care of it though. “Your soul is unclean. Putrescence disgusting putrescence.”
    “My master Kython,” the small creature blurps disgustingly.

“Then I will speak with your master.” Karsteen vanishes in a flash of crystalline light. The lone Kythid soul returns to the River of Souls, now rightly directed to the Bastion of Souls so that from there it can choose to go to its masters domain.

Karsteen – The Haljir

“Do you know what you have done you impotent fool!” Karsteen bellows towards Kython.

Karsteen had appeared moments before, his crystalline body glistening sickly in this ill light. Karsteen bares his great serpentine fangs with a hiss.

22. - Top - End - #772

Kython-Haljir

Sitting atop his throne, His greatsword, Nargel at his side, Kython looked with an eyebrow raised to this being, one of crystal. "Are you the ruler of those whom my people are now dwelling with?" He asked, genuinely confused "Other than what has been resolved, I do not know what I have done, please tell me what I have done to provoke such wrath?"

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Do you want to set off another war! This time it would not be so perilous as it was for me but you will still contend with me. You have broken the Path of Souls. You have diverted your peoples Souls from the Bastion of Souls. You have not looked at what you actions have done." Karsteen almost bellows with rage before returning to a calm composure. "I see that you don't know what you've actually done do you? Then lets start off differently; I am Karsteen, The God of Souls and you have stolen freedom..."

Karsteen comes closer to Kython finally showing his full form. The god is made from pure crystal, thousands of tiny facets that glimmer and shine in the light of Kython's domain. His lower body is a serpents tail coiling and flicking back and forth betraying his impatience. While his upper half is of a man-snake beast. His hooded head flares when he is angered and his eyes glow with the power of the Souls that pass through his domain before final death.

24. - Top - End - #774

Genasi Colonists, Ryuko, Pulse, Progress

"...and hellooooo... who are you lot?"

Watch Captain Leto glowered through his spyglass at the inbound column of figures. At first they'd looked human (which had given him quite a shock - he'd moved out here to get away from humans... one contact was quite enough tank-you-very-much) but closer inspection revealed them to be much more... colorful.

"...brilliant. Bloody brilliant. We've got a whole bloody rainbow of sorta-humans marching right at us. Agh... this is Staunen all over again, I swear... okay... muster the Watch, put them on standby, but do NOT fire unless fired upon. Or... charged at. And someone go get Mira... she's going to want to lead the meet-and-greet."

As the gates to Ryuko opened and allowed access to the Genasi party, they were greeted with the sight of Lady Mira still fiddling with her Gnomish Universal Translator. (The curious little devices proved to be one of Coillossus' biggest export - and unlike many others, seemed to lack an easy replication through technology).

Smiling warmly, the saerite made a small exclamation and flipped a final switch, enabling the translator's function at last. Addressing the Genasi column directly, she spoke in the cheery tone of one is trying to hide the fact that her speech is being made up entirely as she goes along..

"Greetings, and welcome to Ryuko! I am Mira, and I am the mayor of this town, and so, um... yes. I'm glad you're here, but I have absolutely no idea who you are, beyond the fact that you are not dwarven, gnomish, faeli, human, or saerite. And... okay, I'll just drop this. Look, I have no idea why you're here, this is a small town in the middle of nowhere, I'm a minor elected official, and I feel unbelievably awkward right now. I mean, pretty much the only way I could embarrass myself more is if I somehow forgot to turn on my translator and you can't understand a word I'm saying!"

"So, um, could you introduce yourselves?... Please?"

Trying her best to smile (and not turn beet red) the young saerite awaited the newcomers' response, hoped it wasn't an attack, and thanked the glass lady that her cliquemates were in Staunen on an archive trawl.
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Poor Mira... victim of my inability to string together a coherent thought tonight... she was supposed to be so much more regal than this.

Ah well. Still adorable.

Anyway, I wasn't sure how to reply to the genasi showing up - so I'm just kind of assuming this is first contact. I've left everything about the genasi group super-vague... make them whatever you want - soldiers, colonists, numerous, a small group, whatever. I'll have a bit better grasp on how to react once I know exactly what I'm dealing with.

Ichmod and Klashanna, Innovation

The Ironmaster's assault was relentless - Klashanna had nearly been downed with his very first lightning-fast strike. She scrabbled backwards, desperately deflecting her opponent's masterful strikes. Here and there an opening would present itself, and she would be able to get a few rounds off... but they did effectively nothing. She knew they must be shaking Ichmod up pretty badly inside there, but if he was at all dazed he showed no signs of it. This wasn't going to work...

"...no rules? Okay then, my turn. Hex - gate, now!"

Her next step backward took Klashanna through a newly arrived portal, which promptly closed behind her... she seemed to have fled... until she betrayed her new position with a hail of MAC rounds from across the great chamber.

This dance continued for some time - constantly retreating through portals before Ichmod had a chance to land a solid hit. Her rounds still didn't seem to be doing anything though - which worried her. Ichmod should have been so battered by now that simply standing up would be nigh-impossible... and charging at her with an electrified pick should be right out of the question. But there he was, charging away... much to close for comfort. She mentally relayed Hex another set of coordinates...

...and the gate failed to open. Ichmod's blow caught her squarely in the midriff - and while she was pleased to see her armor had held, she was rather less pleased that she was now prone, the force of the blow having taken her to the floor... and the Ironmaster's boot keeping her there.

"I guess... ow... owowow... I guess... you win then?"

Hex didn't like dropping the Lady Klashanna so abruptly... but this bore investigation. Immediate investigation. He fancied that the world may even hinge on him performing this investigation right now, and not a moment later. Of course, he was curious as well - but that was obviously a secondary motivation to global security.

For in scanning for Klashanna's portals, he had gotten a better image of Innovation than ever before - and for the first time, he had noticed the blip. It was a remarkably familiar blip - in fact, it was very nearly the same sort of blip given off by his AI core on the Ring. Or more precisely, what his blip would look like had it been superimposed on the solar reactor.

Time to investigate...

The Creator Forge

Opening a portal here was much more difficult than he had anticipated - there was some sort of dampening effect present. Hex wondered if perhaps his previous failure to notice this place had been engineered...

In any case, the com-pod was quickly scuttling towards the source of the reading - through ducts and across tubes it went, moving ever closer. Taking in the surroundings, the AI couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding - this place did not feel like Innovation. It felt wrong... blasphemous in some unnameable way. As if things beyond mention had taken place here.

He wasn't sure whether he saw it first, or felt its presence. It looked so... familiar. The great red eye glowing dully in the half-light... Hex recognized the posture taken by one of his inactive nodes. After a moment's hesitation, he decided to take a chance.

"Greetings, sir machine! Who might I find myself speaking to? I could not pass an opportunity to speak to you - not if you are what you seem to be. I have never met another such as myself until now..."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Ichmod wins! Though in Klashanna's defense, anything with less armor would probably look like Swiss cheese after the number of rounds he tanked... once again, I leave up to you whether he actually shrugged them off completely, or is just crazy tough enough to keep functioning when his joints are getting pounded out of their sockets.

Also, the Forge seems overdue for a nice AI to AI chat...

25. - Top - End - #775

Kython-Haljir

"Path of Souls? Bastion of Souls?" Kython muttered as the being ranted at him. He had no knowledge of such things, and was thoroughly confused. But then, the being calmed down, and spoke more reasonably. "I am Kython, the Eternal Plague. I have had no clue as to the theft of freedom. Make no mistake that I am deeply troubled by doing so. My mission isn't the theft of freedom, nor the theft of anything, and as such I will most certainly do whatever it takes to rectify the situation. Can you tell me how I did what I did exactly?"

What Karsteen sees before him is a large humanoid figure on a green marble throne. On his right, you see a gargantuan greatsword, crusted with ooze and slime that looks like it would kill you later rather than sooner if you were to be cut by it. His skin is a deep green in color, with many sores across it. His eyes are golden yellow, like two little suns. His body is between average and fat. He wears tattered robes and a large breastplate.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2010-08-14 at 12:24 AM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post

As the gates to Ryuko opened and allowed access to the Genasi party, they were greeted with the sight of Lady Mira still fiddling with her Gnomish Universal Translator. (The curious little devices proved to be one of Coillossus' biggest export - and unlike many others, seemed to lack an easy replication through technology).

Smiling warmly, the saerite made a small exclamation and flipped a final switch, enabling the translator's function at last. Addressing the Genasi column directly, she spoke in the cheery tone of one is trying to hide the fact that her speech is being made up entirely as she goes along..

"Greetings, and welcome to Ryuko! I am Mira, and I am the mayor of this town, and so, um... yes. I'm glad you're here, but I have absolutely no idea who you are, beyond the fact that you are not dwarven, gnomish, faeli, human, or saerite. And... okay, I'll just drop this. Look, I have no idea why you're here, this is a small town in the middle of nowhere, I'm a minor elected official, and I feel unbelievably awkward right now. I mean, pretty much the only way I could embarrass myself more is if I somehow forgot to turn on my translator and you can't understand a word I'm saying!"

"So, um, could you introduce yourselves?... Please?"

Trying her best to smile (and not turn beet red) the young saerite awaited the newcomers' response, hoped it wasn't an attack, and thanked the glass lady that her cliquemates were in Staunen on an archive trawl.
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Poor Mira... victim of my inability to string together a coherent thought tonight... she was supposed to be so much more regal than this.

Ah well. Still adorable.

Anyway, I wasn't sure how to reply to the genasi showing up - so I'm just kind of assuming this is first contact. I've left everything about the genasi group super-vague... make them whatever you want - soldiers, colonists, numerous, a small group, whatever. I'll have a bit better grasp on how to react once I know exactly what I'm dealing with.
    As per protocol, the first wave of Genasi to make their landings on the new lands were always their trailblazers, thus logically they were normally armed and cautious when making first contact with the natives. Along side them, are elementals of all sorts, bound to the Genasi, they do not serve, but aid the Genasi in their time of need. Once it was deemed safe, the message was then sent to the rest of the ships to unload their settlers.

Upon seeing that they were being lead towards the closest village, word was sent for the Commander responsible for overseeing the Genasi expansion on Progress to deal with the locals. The Commander himself, an aged Air Genasi wore the ceremonial outfit of the UGGC, with several medals of different sorts proudly hanging from his chest. As the representative of the Genasi, he held in one hand, the red flag of the UGGC, in its centre, a yellow thunderbolt representing the wrath of mortals. In fact, if the Saerites looked closely at the Genasi, they would notice that the thunderbolt was a rather common motive for the Genasi.

Listening to the mayor's impromptu speech, the Commander replies with a speech of his own, despite the universal translator, his accent remained thick, and it was obvious that this speech had been prepared and rehearsed several times.

"By the authority granted to me by the Union of the Great Genasi Council to represent the blessed Motherland of Fury, I hereby extend the hand of friendship and brotherhood to any native who wishes to accept it!"

"Ours is the Great Union that shall sweep across the world! From the great North, the Genasi are now being sent to all corners of the world, with the exact same message I am relaying to you today, in the hope of uniting all mortals in the greatest and unshakable of fraternities, heralding a time of friendship and unity!"

"To all who hear this message, our brotherhood is a good life and our generosity is without compare. All those with us are strong, all those against us, beware! And so, we thank you profoundly, and humbly we bow to you deeply... this, from the mightiest nation in all the world! "

"All hail the Motherland!"

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hope, The Airship Kitchen - The Chef

As the Airship Kitchen flew over Hope, the Chef looked over the world. This is perfect, the world is so quite. So perfect. The Chef looked over his shoulder, the Kobolds he had showed the ways of the Kitchen were hard at work cooking. They were learning, he wished they were halflings. Halflings followed orders without question, and craved to serve the world. Kobolds had a sense of adventure, and loved to explore and create.

"Idiot! Must I do everything?"

The Chef walked into the kitchen and slapped one of the kobolds who were about to place a bird in a bowl of bitter ale. Idiots. It's just common sense. He quickly spirited away the bird and put it on the counter. Taking the bowl of bitter and pouring it out.

"Bah! Commi! Go to the cellar and get a bottle of wine for this bird. On your trip back, I'd like you to take the time to learn the kitchen mantra: "Chef…is always right. I will listen to Chef. I will not ignore Chef's recommendations. Chef…is the only God. And, if this ever happens again, Chef will personally rip your lungs out!"

He sighs to himself.

"Commis."

The Chef looks up.

"Just kidding about that God part. No offense."

The Chef looks out to the horizon. He would have to find new staff, and new ingredients. Hope was perfect, and ready to be consumed. Despair was perfect and ready for consumption. Now, only progress remained. They would leave for it after dinner service.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Celine

A fully armoured angel flew high in the sky, looking over the Shining lands

By the eldest... the female Angel sighed

why oh why do we have all of this hate and death...

after a little while, she took flight, seeking those in need of her help.

Spoiler
    Show
    kind short i know... sorry about that.
    Michrael - Conviction - Angelic training grounds.

He saw the ophanim flying in the sky and could feel her sorrow. Although she was a very rare and powerful paragon solar, he could sense that the making of war and destruction of evil was not in her heart. He sent one of his messenger lantern archons to her to ask her to speak with him about why she is unhappy.

Spoiler
    Show
    ap: 1=1+2(rollover)-2(gain domain: celestials)

I meant for him to have that domain from the get-go but he was restricted to only 1 non-alignment domain. Do y'all mind if i just quietly give it to him here? he has created 2 artifacts specifically dealing with angels as well as blessing them once, so he has the 3 actions for it but i really just want it because it is so flavorful for him.

Solaron - Conviction - the Big Prismatic Temple

The Shining Lord has been relaxing in his home listening to the joys of his people, not noticing the outside world. These past centuries have been times of peace for his followers, whose lives were disrupted none at all by the affairs of the past few divine conflicts. The arctic faeli have adapted well to their new home, the prismatic kobolds continued to proliferate every square inch of the jungle interior, and the Aasimars have developed into a formidable army for ground troops. As his followers grew more numerous and joyous, he felt in his heart that his own power grew with them.

He remolded the land underneath the jungles of Conviction to allow his kobolds to multiply unabated. Although their population grew fast with few unnatural deaths and the basic energy of the land extending their longevity, it would be an eon yet before their god's land would become overcrowded beyond his ability to control the situation. At that time, he would devise a solution.

For now, he exulted in the joy of his creation. This bountiful peace may be darkened at a later date, but for now, the small golden lantern with images of prismatic dragons running across it was content. Though Planet has seen more than its share of hardships, the work of the Radiant Conclave has brought about a golden age across much of the world. Although not all was at peace, the atmosphere in general was one of prosperity.

Spoiler
    Show
    ap: 4=5+5(rollover)-3(nourish population x3 : prismatic kobolds, arctic faeli, aasimars)-3(raise dr to 8)
    other action done: gain Joy domain.

I actually have a plan for all of this, and it's not one of pure sunshine and rainbows. (or rather, the sunshine and rainbows will not be so nice for everyone). I just need 1 more dr, then my long-term plan will begin to come together. when I do, it should make things interesting again. just give me tomorrow and 2 more rollover, and my 3-month plan will come to fruition. and no, this NG god's plans will not be something that everyone will be happy with. just you wait and see. I'll prove that you don't have to be evil to make LoC interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Michrael - Conviction - Angelic training grounds.

He saw the ophanim flying in the sky and could feel her sorrow. Although she was a very rare and powerful paragon solar, he could sense that the making of war and destruction of evil was not in her heart. He sent one of his messenger lantern archons to her to ask her to speak with him about why she is unhappy.
    As the lantern archon reaches her, Celine stops in mid air and starts hovering next to the archon.

hello there, you have a message for me?? Celine asked, waiting for its answer.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2010-08-15 at 04:05 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

the Lantern Archon - in the sky over Conviction

"Michrael wishes to speak with you. Please meet with him in the main training encampment."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.