New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default NarutoITP Episode 7: Beach Fun! No Sharks Allowed!

Even for ninja as powerful as the Seven Swordsmen, some things still took time.

In this case, it had taken them them about a day and a half to travel from their current living space to the beach area of what was now the Land of Rain.

Currently, it was mid-morning as they were striding onto the beach itself. Shiro stopped at the edge of the beach and addressed his fellow Swordsmen.

"Right. Ladies and gentlemen, the beach. Please, try to behave. No fights if you can help it. No killing."

He turns to Momo and Hoshiko with a stern look on his face.

"And absolutely, positively no shenanigans with sharks. Period. Understand, girls?"

He turns back around, his face impassive calm again.

"Right. Let's have fun and relax, everyone."

With that, he strode to a large empty spot and got out one of his scrolls he had stored on his belt. Considering he was wearing sandals, swim trunks, and a white tank top, the belt (which had scrolls, pockets, and the knife form of Kusanagi) got him a few strange looks. The looks Shiro gave back quelled any curiosity. He soon had a large towel, an umbrella, some sunscreen, and a cooler full of drinks laid out. He quickly applied the sunscreen, then lay down on the towel.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: NarutoITP Episode 7: Beach Fun! No Sharks Allowed!

"YAY!! IT'S THE BEACH!! LET'S SWIM!"

Little Momo cried out, completely ignoring Shiro's warnings as she ran down past the swordsman towards the water. She wore a tshirt over her bathing suit and the large pair of sunglasses still.

"Come'on Hoshiko nee-sama! Let's find some COOL SHARKS!!"
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-21 at 10:29 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro stood behind Momo, a firm grip on her shirt. An almost bored look was on his face.

"No sharks. Period. Or we go back right now. You understand, Momo?"

Yes, Shiro did just invoke "don't make me turn this car around".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo struggled, her feet kicking up sand as she tried to get out of Shiro's grip. Finally she sighs and goes limp as he holds her.

"Fine...." She says dejectedly with a pout. She stops and hands Shiro her sunglasses.
    "Here. You can hold these then since you don't want to have FUN." She says, waiting for him to release her.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro calmly takes the sunglasses. He then releases Momo's shirt.

"Have fun. I've got sunscreen if you want it. And sunburn treatment gel if you forget it."

He goes back to his towel and lays back down, setting the sunglasses next to the cooler. His arms fold behind his head, and he closes his eyes, relaxing as much as an experienced ninja can.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

Hoshiko both fit in better then Shiro at the beach and stuck out all the more poignantly at the same time, dressed more so for the vacation spot in a swimsuit with none of the other miscellaneous gear shinobi usually carried and standing out more because...of well the very same wave-patterned bikini and the multi-holed blade of Daisuijiken that she dragged along the ground behind her so it dug a deep furrow in the sand. If nothing else though her mood had brightened up immensely once it had stopped raining, and she hadn't changed her mind about using an umbrella or changing clothes until they got there, and the Swordswoman had finally caught sight of white sands and bright sunlight!

So absorbed in she in looking up at the blue sky above that she completely missed/ignored the warning given and even Shiro stopping Momo until broken out of her revere.

"Woohoo! Beach time is fun time!" She hollered at the top of her lungs, leaping up into the air exuberantly even as her toothy grin grew wide, the admittedly dim Swordswoman barreling across the sands towards Momo.

Shiro only had a brief glimpse of a shadow cast over him before a foot pressed down hard on his chest, pushing him down in the sand as Hoshiko quite literally can him over in her dash to pick up the smaller Momo and swing the other Swordswoman unto her shoulders.

"C'mon Momo! We have to go diving, surfing, build a sand castle, bury Ryoma-tan, Shiro-tan, and even Kanaye-tan! Gotta convince Motah to give us money for delicious beach foods! Ohhh! I have to go fishing too! It's not beach time without fishing! Hehe!" Hoshiko babbles, seemingly without pausing for air as she continues to charge towards the ocean, "Ohh! Can't forget lounging! People always give me sweets when I'm lounging in my swim-suit! Woohoo! SWEETS!"

With that last whoop Hoshiko leaped again, this time horizontally through the air to belly flop into the sea water with a tremendous splash. Momo's whereabouts were an unknown.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"Eh, you kids have fun. I'll be strolling around somewhere where I don't... bother people", Ryoma mumbles. He wanders off along the edge of the beach, out of sight and out of mind. After a while he finds a large, secluded rock facing the sea. The old man sits on it and takes off his glasses, turning his eyeless gaze to the vast blueness.

Sea - always changing yet always familiar, one of the few constants in the old man's life. It would've been fun to jump to the waves and swim to open waters, just like in the old days. But now it's out of the question; another choice taken away by passing of time and impending doom. At least the scenery is nice...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro's eyes shoot open as the foot hits his chest.

"Oof! Watch your feet, woman! And no you can't bury me! I didn't...never mind."

He closes his eyes and settles back to resting.

He's also listening carefully for anyone trying to sneak up and bury him.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

This is certainly entertaining.

Motah walks across the beech to where Shiro set up the Umbrella and towels. Laying down on his back, he puts his arms behind his head in a relaxed manner.

And no I just wait for today's profit. So many people, and so many unguarded purses.

(He's having a shapeshifted shadow clone steal from people on the beach while having an alibi at the same time.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro doesn't open his eyes or move.

The contempt in his voice, on the other hand...

"I see the true quality of ninja from the Land of Fire. To think, with all the money we've earned from our earlier job, and by staying on retainer in Ame, and you feel the need to be a petty criminal? For shame, oh Fiery One. For shame. Are you scared of running out of money? Or scared of doing a job that's actually worthy of our talents?"

Yes, he's less than 5 minutes on the beach and he's already trying to annoy Motah. Why do you ask?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Momo disappeared beneath the waves as Hoshiko pushed the water around with her dive.

What seemed like a long minute or two passed, and her head popped up and she took a breath.
    "Wah...That huuuuuurt." She grimaced before sinking down so that her nose was barely above the water. She turned and then her eyes widened as she saw them.

The jellyfish.

"Why don't I ever have my sword when I need it?"
    She wondered silently to herself. The last time she had done battle with the jellyfish, it had gone poorly, and Hoshiko-neesama had to apply soothing cream across her body for her for a week.

Stupid jellyfish.

Desperately Momo swam away from the merciless predators, but they drifted in her wake as she sped towards shore. Would she make it in time?!

Momo pushed her speed faster - ninja from Kiri were well versed in water, no matter their particular preference, and Momo pulled herself onto the beach before the jellyfish could get her. With a massive frown on her face she picked up an idle seashell and hurled it at the nearest jellyfish, striking the fish with a hard blow. It drifted away as the waves rolled back.
    "The sea is a dangerous place for kids." Momo observed wisely.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Years ago in Kirigakure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Mori?"

"Yes?"

"Your students are escaping."

"..."

"We have two of them cornered, namely Kensai and Anahera. Care to explain how the hell you've let this happen?"

"So this is my fault now?"

"As said, they're your students."

"I know we've never seen eye to eye on some things, but did you really have to go this far to disgrace me? After all these years I've served this village? Your parents would be ashamed."

"My parents have nothing to do with this. It's not my loyalty that's in question."

"What do you want me to do? Hunt them down and kill them? If so, then step aside and let me get done with it. But I tell you it won't solve a thing..."

"Do you think I'm stupid, Mori? I know how you feel about them. There's only one way I'll let you out of this room, and you know what it is."

"I don't want to fight you."

"You've brought this upon yourself."

"... and that's just one more thing we don't agree on."

"Then I think the story of the Swordsmen is over."

---

Ryoma is snapped out of his thoughts when a speeding, brightly coloured beach ball hits him in the head. "Sorry mister, are you all right?", a high-pitched voice asks from behind him. Dumbstruck, the old man turns to face the speaker who turns out to be a thin little boy, maybe six or seven years old. "I'm fine, thank you. If you want to cause trouble, you should aim a little lower", the elder jokes, before the boy's frozen expression reminds him that he does not have his glasses on.

"AAAAH!!!! A GHOST!!!"
    , the boys yells as he runs to the distance. Ryoma sighs and puts his sunglasses on, glancing at the ball he left behind. "What a funny little incident", he mubles before picking up the ball and heading back to the more crowded portions of the beach. It would be a shame to deprive a child from his toy.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Momo gazed at the jellyfish as they waited, beckoning for her to return to them. Inviting her to fight. But she wasn't stupid.

But it was getting hot, just standing in one place. Well... she could make a sandcastle. But that was boring, because she already know that she would destroy it before the end.
    The shouts about the beach drew her attention, and she saw Ryoma carrying the ball.
    A wide grin covered her face as she forgot the jellyfish.
    "LET'S PLAY BEACH VOLLEYBALL!!" She cried out in excitement.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-22 at 07:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Shiro doesn't open his eyes or move.

The contempt in his voice, on the other hand...

"I see the true quality of ninja from the Land of Fire. To think, with all the money we've earned from our earlier job, and by staying on retainer in Ame, and you feel the need to be a petty criminal? For shame, oh Fiery One. For shame. Are you scared of running out of money? Or scared of doing a job that's actually worthy of our talents?"

Yes, he's less than 5 minutes on the beach and he's already trying to annoy Motah. Why do you ask?
    (Heh heh. I see this relationship will never change.)

Hmm. Motah glares at Shiro. He responds to him cross. It's more of the fact that one can never have too much money. It would be in one's best interest to scrape any amount he could at any opportunity. And the opportunity at this point is alot of unguarded purses that are being swiped.

After hearing Momo yell, Huh, boy. How many people do you'll think they scare and/or kill in the process of that game?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-02-22 at 10:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro sighs. It is the sound of a man who deals with much on a regular basis.

"Few to none, if I can help it."

With that, he stands and brushes any loose sand from his body,walking over to Momo.

"Who did you have in mind for the teams, Momo?"

Sometimes, it's better to redirect the tide, rather than blocking it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma's holding his hand on his forehead, wondering where the boy went. Momo's shrill voice startles him and almost makes him drop the ball. "For heaven's sake, act your age girl! You nearly made my heart stop!", he wheezes, "Why are you disguised anyway? I doubt anyone's going to attack you here. It'd be healthy to take a pause, hmmm?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Momo paused as Ryoma's words washed over her. She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.
    "You have a point... I guess. I mean...it's fun and all. I guess I kind of...well, forgot." She says curiously enough.
    "Shiro-niisan and Hoshiko-neesama take good care of me, it's hard not to want to stay like this!" She said with a twirl.

"But...if we're playing beach volleyball, it'll be really boring, since I can't reach the net." She said with a frown. "Maybe just for now then." She finally agrees, and puts her fingers together. There's a puff of smoke, and then the older, grinning Momo appeared in a more appropriate bathing suit. She paused to look herself over.

"Wow! I...forgot how different this is. It's like living in a whole different world!" She exclaimed with a laugh. Resting her hands on her hips, she looked at the other swordsmen.

"As for teams...Shiro-nii...Shiro and Hoshiko should be split up. Maybe put Motah and Shiro together with Ryoma, and the rest of us on the other team.

Kanaye-kun! Come over here! You'll be with Hoshiko and me!"

She says with a sly grin.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro manages-barely-not to roll his eyes at being put in the same team as Motah. And at the insistence of splitting up himself and Hoshiko.

"Fine."

He takes his place next to Ryoma, not quite tapping his foot into the sand.

"I'd say we should set some rules. No jutsu. Don't pack too much punch into serves and such. Keep it friendly. No "accidental" aiming at bystanders if they haggle us. No summoned help. That sound fine?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"No jutsu, eh? Well, I guess it's good to play something where the playing device won't explode for a change", the old man mutters and scratches his head, before tossing the ball to Momo. "All right, but mind the ball. I intend to return it to the kid I... borrowed it from. Intact. And I don't want to spend rest of the day searching for it, you understand?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Motah is barely registering what is going on, considering his attention was almost entirely on the adult version of Momo.

...Uh...ya... sure, no jutsu's... that's fine.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro smacked Motah in the back of the head.

"Stop staring."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

Not long after Momo was chased out of the water, Hoshiko returned herself with one of the foul creatures resting atop her head like a hat. Neither of them seemed to notice the other in particular though it was kinda hard to tell with the jellyfish considering their lack of faces. Soon she meandered back over to the volley-ball court with the rogue sea-creature plopping into the sand with a dim light twinkling in her eyes at the suggestion of the game.

"A game? Right now?" she says in that muted tone of hers as if still processing the thought in her head. It takes a moment or two before finally she grins. "I make no promises Shiro-tan! You have become the honored enemy!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro levels a look at her.

"Those are the rules. Or I don't play. Or do you not think you're good enough to play without jutsu?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanaye looked up from where he was sitting.
    "Huh? Oh... okay."

He walked over to the group.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Momo grinned. what a perfect set up. Motah was too busy staring at her, and both Shiro and Motah didn't get along or coordinate well. And they had old-gramps Ryoma too... VS Hoshiko and Momo! What a perfect team they were already, and Kanaye was young and strong, right? They couldn't possibly lose. And they hadn't noticed the setup either. How wonderful!

Momo turned to give Hoshiko a confident and secret wink when she stopped and her jaw dropped in horror at the pale, jelly-like foe that sat like a crown atop Hoshiko's head. No.
    No.
    No no no.

"What are you doing?! That thing will eat your brain!" She cried out in horror, nearly dropping the ball. She kicked the fallen jellyfish away, back towards the sea.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-24 at 03:37 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a splash as the mangled sea creature falls in water. Ryoma watches the spectacle with dry amusement. "If so, you just saved the poor creature's life. First, it was starving and then it would have fried under the sun, but now it will live happily ever after and have lots of baby jellyfish", the elder snarks.

"Truly a remarkable show of kindness from your part. Now, could you please get the game started, or I'll take the ball back."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Momo turns with a furious red glow to her cheeks, and without another word, she throws the ball into the air and serves it straight at the old ninja.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

The old man is caught off guard - he hits the ball, but instead of going where intended, it's send straight up. Way, way up. "Errr..." The ball dangles high in the air before reversing its course. Where will it land?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Suddenly, Shiro leaps up as the ball is arcing down. He gives it a solid hit towards the girls' team.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

"Like I'll let you get away with that!" Momo cried out, controlling the ball in a pass for Hoshiko. A glimmer of stars in her eyes contrasted to the fierce grin on her face. Momo was waiting for it. Hoshiko-neesama's dreaded spike.