New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Chapter 40
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protect! Protect! Protect!
    Ugh...What's going on?
    The first bits of rubble were enough to knock us out, but this giant bird came before the second wave, and he's been keeping them off of us.
    He said something about owing you, Janick.
    Where's Lance?
    He was unconscious too, but when he woke up and saw that Pokemon, he ran away.
    What about Hector and Poseidon and Graves an-
    Everyone's fine, in their Pokeballs.
    Human! Are you well enough to escape?
    Er...yeah, I think so. I've got some cuts and bruises, but nothing is broken, I think.
    Then follow me! Protect!
    How do you even know this Pokemon?
    It's a long story. Let's sjust say we share a common enemy in Lance. Is sucks that he got away.
    Do not worry, humans. The Dragon Master will not find his freedom so easily. Look.
    "This is the Police! Lance, you are under arrest for money laundering, engaging and ordering various mob activities, three counts of attempted murder, and tax evasion!"
    Bah! I always have a plan! I managed to get my Kingdra back from my cousin just in case everything else failed. Kingdra! Go!
    It's a good thing I came along then, isn't it Lance?
    Who is that guy?
    I don't know, but he looks really tough.
    Y...You! Kingdra! Attack him! Do whatever it takes!
    Pikachu. Volt Tackle.
    Pikaaaa!
    No...No...There has to be something else...
    Give it up Lance. You don't have anything left in your bag of tricks. Go with the policemen, or else it'll be unpleasant for you.
    I hate you Red! I hate you! I'll hate you until the day I die, and I will get my revenge!
    It's not me you lost to this time.
    "Come on! Get in the car!"
    Who are you?
    I'm Red. And you're Janick, right? When I heard that Lance had taken control of Team Rocket, I suspended my training to come here and take him down. Imagine my surprise when I found out that you'd already beaten him.
    Listen, if you're here for a Pokemon Battle, I'm really not in the mood right now, so...
    Pokemon Battle? Not at all. Every problem in your life can't be solved by battling, Janick. The Pokemon League is in shambles, and the former Champion is going to jail for the rest of his life. On behalf of the people of Kanto, and Johto too, I suppose, I want to offer you the Championship. You can select your own Elite 4, make sure the League runs smoothly, replace the Gym Leaders Lance had in his pocket...Whatever you want.
    I don't want it. I don't want his position, or his power.
    I see. Well in that case, I'll take it. I hope you don't mind giving me the title?
    You're the Champion now. Good luck Red.
    Where are you going to go, Janick?
    Home.
    I'm coming with you.
    Adrian?
    I don't want to be the Greatest Trainer. I came here to be a Pokemon Master, but I've come as far as I can.
    What about me?
    Do you...Do you want to come with me, April?
    You're not getting out of our date that easily.
    Well then I wish all of you the best of luck.
    Oh...I'll be back, everyone. There's just a few things I have to do first. Ho-Oh, can you help me?
    If you so desire.
    Thanks. I'll be back.
    ---
    You were never evil, Murderface. Just wild. I never really domesticated you, did I? Be good out there. You're a leader now, you can lead all the Rattatas and Raticates. Goodbye Murderface.
    Murderface...
    ...I'll miss you too, buddy. Be good.
    ---
    Poseidon...I am so thankful you were on the team though, for the strength you brought, and the dedication, and the way you led the team after Ripper died. Sir Misery told me about your history, and so I hope returning you to the Lake of Rage is enough of a thank you.
    Poseidon!
    The Magikarp are lucky to have you, Poseidon.
    ---
    Ophelia and Hector have requested that they be released together.
    What? But you said they fought like mortal enemies.
    Apparently their animosity was just their way of...flirting. Disgusting.
    Okay then...Hector, Ophelia, you were both so important to the team at the end. I know you weren't with me for very long, but I'm going to miss you both. Hector, if your father was alive, he'd have been so proud of you, for everything you've accomplished. I hope you guys have a good family full of little baby Charmanders and Totodiles.
    Hector!
    Ophelia!
    ---
    What about you, Sir Misery? Where do you want to go?
    Given the choice, I would like to die, and claim the afterlife that I've earned, whatever it may be. Unfortunately, that is not an option at the present moment.
    Why not?
    I must ensure that Shadow Magic does not depart from this land. Graves is strong, but he is still just an apprentice. Without further training, he may never achieve the level necessary to formulate his own techniques, and teach others. I see his potential. One day, he may very well ascend to the rank of Sage. When that day comes, I will be able to die.
    I see. So Graves is going with you?
    Yes.
    Alright. Graves, your father would be proud of you, too. You've grown so much, in such a short time, and to be honest, I was surprised at how powerful you'd gotten. Listen to Sir Misery, and train hard, and you'll get to Sage, whatever that means.
    Graves! Graves!
    ---
    You're the Champion now, so you can access my files right?
    If necessary.
    Good. There's a box of Pokemon in my name, in Bill's Storage System. There's also a Ditto named De Sade in the Day Care. Release them, or find them new trainers who'll take good care of them, just make sure they'll be safe, okay?
    Of course.
    Alright everyone. Let's go.
    How are we supposed to go anywhere? I wasn't thinking about it before, but I'm broke.
    I don't have very much either, come to think of it.
    I can give you guys some money if-
    No need, Red. I came here to make some cash, and while I got caught up in a lot of other things, and lost my fortune a few times along the way...I'm a damn good investor. I'd say 146 thousand dollars isn't bad for thirty two days of work. Let's go. The boat leaves in an hour.
    Good luck Janick.
    Luck? I don't need luck. I've got my best friends and nearly 150K. That's all the luck I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Ah, Janick. A conman to the end, a very happy end mind you, but still the end. Bravo, Raist, and thank you for this wonderful LP. It has sent me soaring to the highest heights in joy, yet brought me down to Earth when drama hit, and kept me interested the entire way through. All the characters were well developed and I felt attached to each as if they were my own friends. A wonderful job. I hope to see more work from you in the future, although you needn't do anything else if you don't want to.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

I approve this Let's Play that was not so much of a let's play but still one of the most entertaining ones I have read to the end and demand another one.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we going to see Janick again, or is this the end? Perhaps another LP?
    Worlds Premier Simian Assassin

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

It was a nice ending -- I'd like to see Janick again, but I also think that I'm happy for his story to end here.
    Good work ^^
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wow...really wow. I've been following this from the start and I've waited to the very end to post.

Best LP every, if you do another one be sure to make it this quality.

Once again... Wow.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd type *Applause* but over the web that doesn't mean much. So have an Internet.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Raist? Hi five. o/

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Barbarian in the Playground

I may not have commented much, but I thoroughly enjoyed this most novel novel. You're an excellent writer, Raistlin, and I hope to see more of your work in the future. I'd say that with some work, it could definitely be on a bookstore shelf that I saw one of your pieces. Though honestly, I'm hoping to see another LP from you soon!
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cute_Riolu View Post
    You're an excellent writer, Raistlin, and I hope to see more of your work in the future. I'd say that with some work, it could definitely be on a bookstore shelf that I saw one of your pieces. Though honestly, I'm hoping to see another LP from you soon!
    Seconded. Very much so.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

I don't actually feel like I deserve this level of praise, given that I started this LP based on a late night thought of "Why is the protagonist in Pokemon always such a nice guy? Why does the rival always have to be a jerk?". In the early chapters, I was very self-conscious about my ideas (I figured no one would like a talking Gastly...boy I was wrong), and when the Pokemon LP became popular, there were a lot of times when I felt like giving up entirely just because I felt like Phoe and Deme and other people were just doing a flat out better job.

You readers, however, are what kept me going. I'm kind of a whore for comments and praise and stuff, and then I felt bad about the idea of cutting the story short, when it seemed like everyone wanted more. So I kept going. But life happened, and school, and vacations, and sickness, and various other things, and my update schedule became sporadic. You guys stuck around, from the times where I didn't update for two weeks, to the times where I updated three or four times in a weekend. It's been over four months since I started this (craaaaaazy, right?), and I'm really glad I did.

To answer your questions, I'm not sure about Janick. I think this is the end of his story. As much as I idolize Dark Fiddler, and love his stories, I don't think I'd be able to do another LP with Janick, because anything I can think of now would either be "Janick is now the CG Hero of the Story who is a generic good guy" or "Janick goes back to being a jerk, until tragedy strikes and he becomes a good guy again". Neither of those ideas really appeals to me, and so unless I get a really good idea with him, this is the end of his story.

As for more of my writing, I don't know how well I can commit to a new LP right now. Pokemon worked well because I was familiar with the setting, the story, and the mechanics, and was able to give it a new spin, both mechanically (though I admit, I did bend the Hard Mode rules a few times) and plotwise. I don't have another series that I'm as familiar with, that I could do the same with, I think. In addition, NaNoWriMo is coming up in November, and I intend to participate again, which would severely cut into my LPing time. However, I'm definitely not ruling out the idea of another LP sometime in the future, given how much of a success this one was.

I'd just like to thank all of you for being the best readers ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

I accidentally deleted my subscription to this, so therefore I got to read the entire Elite 4 all at once, which was epic.

Congrats Raistlin, this is the only LP I've ever read to the end, and tha was because it was so amazing. I read the others that you mentioned and this was by far superior, so thank you for it all.

Thanks again,
    K-B
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Orc in the Playground

Hot damn. I'm really, really glad I stayed along to the end, because it really was worth it. This is definitely one of the best LPs I've read to date.

And honestly, I'm not surprised if you don't have anywhere else to go with Janick. The way you typed it, it really wrapped things up perfectly. Hell, I don't even think a "Where are they now?" epilogue chapter is all that necessary... Although I won't stop you if you do it. ;3
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

14. - Top - End - #734
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally caught up today. Very nicely done.
    Yes, that's all I had to say.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, beeteedubsauce, this was fracking epic.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Firbolg in the Playground

Great work, Raistlin! A very satisfying LP to the end.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio