New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Oh wow, mut is fleshed as hell, good stuff to use in there. I can see why you'd be hesitant to develop ozodrin as there's so much you can do by multiclassing, not that you should have to, at core it's two different playstyles.

I might actually go more mut heavy for this one actually, despite how much I like ozodrin. The whole thing is that one of our players is toast (and has been fed upon) and she'll be returning as an NPC kerrigan-style. So mut might work a bit better for zergy transformation... hmmm.
    Well, to be honest, I'd think a sower of strangeness would work best if you want that zergy transformation (alternatively, the devourer can do it to a lesser degree). That said, it doesn't work that well for the plant aspect, and requires the xenoalchemist to enter (or connoisseur for the devourer). It does however have the ability to add features and the like to other creatures, and in doing so gain some power over them (at level 10, suggestion twice per day, no range, and dominate monster once per 2 days, no range). It would actually allow the character to remain played by the player if you so chose, though it could be changed to an npc.

That said, as mentioned the malshaper likely works better. As for what the player becomes after, that is up to you.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well the best way to do it is probably use an artifact so the changing doesn't need to be factored into the class, I can also just use it to mulligan stats around so the bloodfey only needs to have 8-10HD to be more fair to player decisions.

For the player I'm thinking if direct-zerg then Insect template (SS) and 1 level of mut and see how that goes, either that or mut0-3 ozo0-3 without the template. Also, gotta have moon-ivy armor!

All this looking over the mut is giving me lots of ideas for new organs, I'll post when I have time :3
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-07-13 at 05:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #963

Hold up Hanuman I had this idea a while back, but was to lazy to finish it. If you want to take some of my ideas you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    I just had some sort of idea, what about a feature for adding weird alien organs such as gas batter that controls depth in water or air, mucus or poison glands or projector, or a second brain, heart, or pair of lungs. These all seem mutant/creepy enough for this class. Other features like the poison glands that produce poison for spikes or any to do with the stomach can still do what they do, but this feature would take up all the other organs not included.
    I have several ideas for organs here is a small list, but be warned the ones near the end are a bit silly.

1. Poison Extracting Liver: It not only filters your food but if the poison is ingested you may later excrete this poison through another feature and have some knowledge about the chemical make up of the poison for crafting it yourself.
    2. Magic Retaining Brain: If you identify a spell with a spellcraft check you never need to identify that spell again and if you are a wizard levels you learn that spell and may put it in your spell book.
    3. Extra or larger Lungs: You can hold your breath twice as long and can double the range of breath weapons that you can use.
    4. Aberrant Heart: Your blood deals acid damage to people that hit you in melee.
    5. Flight Bladder: Allows you to ascend or descend an extra 10 ft. flying or swimming.
    6. Large Adrenalin Gland: you may rage once per day like a Barbarian.
    7. Muscular Mold: A muscle in you gut can mold to any shape then let Vacuoles carry in substances to fill the space it creates as directed by the brain. Envision a non-living non-magic organic or mineral object and then make a craft check using your con mod instead of your int, as long as you eat objects that in total weigh as much as the the target object made of the same materials. Then you can craft the item in your gut while you go about your day then grab them out of your stomach when they are done.
    8. DNA Backup: When ever polymorphed you may revert to the form you were last in as a move action.
    9. Hallucinogenic Colon Sack: A gland near your colon produces a hallucinogenic gas so you can fart out a major image spell a number of times per day equal to your con mod.
    10. Tits of medicine lactation: You can produce a number of cure light wounds potions equal to your con mod they can't be stored for later use in containers because it must stay at your body temperature to function.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

I have several ideas for organs here is a small list, but be warned the ones near the end are a bit silly.
    1. Poison Extracting Liver: It not only filters your food but if the poison is ingested you may later excrete this poison through another feature and have some knowledge about the chemical make up of the poison for crafting it yourself.
    This one is interesting, but could probably be a flesh augment. Also loses some steam since spikes can produce any poison you want.

2. Magic Retaining Brain: If you identify a spell with a spellcraft check you never need to identify that spell again and if you are a wizard levels you learn that spell and may put it in your spell book.
    This one... Is specific enough that it should probably be relegated to a Wizard/Ozodrin theurge class.

3. Extra or larger Lungs: You can hold your breath twice as long and can double the range of breath weapons that you can use.
    Flesh augment does the first part better. The breath weapon one is of questionable utility, I think.

4. Aberrant Heart: Your blood deals acid damage to people that hit you in melee.
    There is a flesh augment that does pretty much this.

5. Flight Bladder: Allows you to ascend or descend an extra 10 ft. flying or swimming.
    Overly complex for the usually abstract nature of movement speeds. Odds are that just adding more fins would be better at any rate.

6. Large Adrenalin Gland: you may rage once per day like a Barbarian.
    Hmm... 1/day abilities cause questionable interactions on the ozodrin, I think. Since features are shaped and unshaped on a somewhat constant basis.

7. Muscular Mold: A muscle in you gut can mold to any shape then let Vacuoles carry in substances to fill the space it creates as directed by the brain. Envision a non-living non-magic organic or mineral object and then make a craft check using your con mod instead of your int, as long as you eat objects that in total weigh as much as the the target object made of the same materials. Then you can craft the item in your gut while you go about your day then grab them out of your stomach when they are done.
    Uh. This one is... Uh. It doesn't really sound all that useful.

8. DNA Backup: When ever polymorphed you may revert to the form you were last in as a move action.
    This one actually raises a small question. Don't ozodrin get the Shapechanger subtype? And if no, shouldn't they?

9. Hallucinogenic Colon Sack: A gland near your colon produces a hallucinogenic gas so you can fart out a major image spell a number of times per day equal to your con mod.
    Ok, this one is just plain silly.

10. Tits of medicine lactation: You can produce a number of cure light wounds potions equal to your con mod they can't be stored for later use in containers because it must stay at your body temperature to function.
    What. I repeat. What. With that out of the way. Twice. I would say this would probably fit better as a spike augment. Or maybe a flesh augment building off of regenerative flesh, letting you store the healing and hand it out in nondescript packages of... Healing substances. Opens more dirty avenues while not being overt!

I say dirty because it is not really all that squicky.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #965

Ya some of them aren't useful and some just need changes, but I have little time to fix them so I hope somebody can.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

6. - Top - End - #966

Oh boy, LoL just released the bloodfey. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/z...horns-revealed

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to work with you on this, do you use teamspeak?

The issue I was trying to address was more about giving the ozodrin the option of power balance, currently the ozodrin is limited due to her ability to reform every round or two, if you start giving her the ability to expend FP you suddenly hit a new dynamic similar to what your shoot was for the adrenal gland, rage 1/day but considering you could just rage then dismiss the organ the /day doesn't really effect encounter sustain.

7. - Top - End - #967

No I have not used teamspeak before, but I have several things today and this weekend.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    This one actually raises a small question. Don't ozodrin get the Shapechanger subtype? And if no, shouldn't they?
    No, they don't. I personally rule that they gain the subtype along with the aberration type. It really doesn't add a huge power boost and I think it adds a lot of flavor.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
    No, they don't. I personally rule that they gain the subtype along with the aberration type. It really doesn't add a huge power boost and I think it adds a lot of flavor.
    I was about to write a few lines about how it is actually a pretty big power boost since it protects the Ozodrin from polymorph effects just plain boning him over.

Then I noticed that the relevant abilities are all (Ex) abilities gained from class levels, and are thus kept even if you get polymorphed.

So rawr, monster bear. Which means that Ozodrin gestalts pretty well with druid. Hah, that is just hilarious.

The shapechanger subtype would still provide valuable defense against being turned into a frog by baleful polymorph, which sucks. Sure, you can still make a colossal mouth protude from your diminutive frog body and you retain Jaws That Bite, so nobody in their right minds will grapple you... twice, but your Str is still tanked.

One problem I noticed from all those Ex things is one thing that I predicted when I decided not to give the evolutionist's Mutations a descriptive keyword (making it akin to spellcasting, and also making it incredibly vulnerable to the polymorph issue). The fact that a factotum can kind of steal all your relevant class features for one minute per day (sure, it takes a lot of effort for him to do that, because he needs to copy Form Points, Features and Manifest Form separately, but the fact is that he can).
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-07-13 at 11:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #970
    Pixie in the Playground

I was about to write a few lines about how it is actually a pretty big power boost since it protects the Ozodrin from polymorph effects just plain boning him over.

Then I noticed that the relevant abilities are all (Ex) abilities gained from class levels, and are thus kept even if you get polymorphed.

So rawr, monster bear. Which means that Ozodrin gestalts pretty well with druid. Hah, that is just hilarious.

The shapechanger subtype would still provide valuable defense against being turned into a frog by baleful polymorph, which sucks. Sure, you can still make a colossal mouth protude from your diminutive frog body and you retain Jaws That Bite, so nobody in their right minds will grapple you... twice, but your Str is still tanked.

One problem I noticed from all those Ex things is one thing that I predicted when I decided not to give the evolutionist's Mutations a descriptive keyword (making it akin to spellcasting, and also making it incredibly vulnerable to the polymorph issue). The fact that a factotum can kind of steal all your relevant class features for one minute per day (sure, it takes a lot of effort for him to do that, because he needs to copy Form Points, Features and Manifest Form separately, but the fact is that he can).
    Considering it only effects a few spells in the polymorph tree not polymorph effects in general, it's not that big of a boost. Everything else it gives is also given by aberration. So like I said very few mechanical boosts and a lot of flavor. I actually believe the worst thing it allows Ozodrin to do is qualify for warshaper at level 11. With cheese it's kind of good, but no sane Dm will let you get away with it and most of the abilities are already possible for a Ozodrin.

11. - Top - End - #971

Ozodrins do not need to grapple to remain powerful, they can still out-maneuver pretty much anything, if they get polymorphed smaller they have the option to flee and are better at it as small creatures are difficult to hit and spot, from there you can use poisons, gazes, or simply go for one-shots. Ozo10 has the power to have at least 3 of her attacks one-shot as normal attacks with DC17-21.

I'd be willing to use the GITP mumble if that suits you better, orph.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-07-14 at 12:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

I was wondering about the nature of the Ozodrin's resistance/immunity to precision damage. Jiriku has a houserule that only the Ooze and Swarm types gain immunity to precision damage because Undead and Constructs have physical weakpoints even if they are different from those of living flesh and blood creatures. Is the Ozodrin's resistance a result of becoming Ooze-like or a result of continuously shifting organs and internal structures? Do you think it would it be appropriate to keep that resistance/immunity in spite of the house rule? I would rule that a continuously adapting form is harder to precisely attack than something without functioning organs and does retain that class feature.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    I was wondering about the nature of the Ozodrin's resistance/immunity to precision damage. Jiriku has a houserule that only the Ooze and Swarm types gain immunity to precision damage because Undead and Constructs have physical weakpoints even if they are different from those of living flesh and blood creatures. Is the Ozodrin's resistance a result of becoming Ooze-like or a result of continuously shifting organs and internal structures? Do you think it would it be appropriate to keep that resistance/immunity in spite of the house rule? I would rule that a continuously adapting form is harder to precisely attack than something without functioning organs and does retain that class feature.
    Strange Anatomy implies that the Ozodrin's body (in manifested form, not in worldly guise) has no discernable anatomy, so there is the reason.

That houserule looks like it only applies to immunities gained from creature types. This is not the case, it is an immunity derivated from a class feature, which is in turn part of the balancing act of the class. Negating it is not realy adviseable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #974
    Dwarf in the Playground

Strange Anatomy implies that the Ozodrin's body (in manifested form, not in worldly guise) has no discernible anatomy, so there is the reason.
    I thought the point of

When a critical hit, sneak attack, or similar effect requiring a discernable anatomy is scored on an ozodrin manifesting its true form, there is a 5% chance per ozodrin level that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally. The number of ozodrin levels counted for this cannot exceed the ozodrin's Max Dex bonus to AC.
    was that the Ozodrin was shifting their body around to prevent the organs in question from being hit. I mean, wearing armor would certainly restrict such movements. In my head, I pictured a rogue stabbing at what vaguely resembled a spleen, only to have that whole chunk of flesh stretch wildly out of the way the moment the knife pierced the skin. In the case of an Ozodrin wearing full-plate for some godawful reason, we have the spleen analogue's comical attempt at escape directly into the side of the armor, making an audible thunk before it gets stabbed.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah. That kind of ignores the first line of that ability completely.

At 4th level, an ozodrin’s body no longer functions exactly like other living creatures. When a critical hit, sneak attack, or similar effect requiring a discernable anatomy is scored on an ozodrin manifesting its true form [...]
    As I said, it is implied that it no longer has a discernable anatomy, not outright stated.

This is probably a moment where it could be interesting for Owrtho to add a separate paragraph on aesthetics much like I did for the evolutionist. As is, it is easy to fall into the pitfall of every ozodrin being a ultimately a pit of black sludge that grows eyes and mouths and other limbs (the default imagery!) or a ball of tentacled green meat, instead of... Well, something other than a pit of black sludge or a ball of tentacled green meat. Maybe a conglomerate of broken pipes and wire (predicating ascension a machine), or a crumbling mass of brick, mortar and asbestos (culminating with becoming a Menacing Manor), or maybe a swarm of bees.

Because this conversation (and the houserule that spawned it) are mostly a matter of aesthetics.

Also, I tend to read that not as "the spleen jumps away" more as "This is where the spleen should be, where is the spleen?". Most people, most ozodrins too, are liable to not having visible internal organs after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Would this be an appropriate Feat?

Nightmare Form [Aberrant]
    Your existence as an entity of the Far Realms began when the chaos was shaped by the thoughts of other aberrations, and is now sustained by your own.
    Prerequisites: Taking or going to take your 1st Level of Ozodrin
    Benefit: For the Ozodrin Class and all Classes that advance one of its Class Features, all Class Features that derive a numerical value from your Charisma instead derive that numerical value from your Intelligence. Additionally, any Charisma prerequisites for Aberrant Feats are instead considered to be Intelligence prerequisites.

Edit: I could probably come up with flavor text for another one where you arose from philosophical enigmas given form by the Far Realms and base abilities off of Wisdom due to understanding the reality-transcending mysteries of the cosmos, if anyone thinks that interpretation would also work.
    Last edited by General Patton; 2012-07-28 at 02:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #977

I would remove the "going to take" bit of the text, as that's not actually a pre-req.

I can't outright think of reasoning against this, there are feats that allows nat attacks, unarmed attacks and ranged attacks to be based off other mental stats, but I can't recall feats that allow special abilities to change stats.
    Kung-Fu Genius I think is the Int one.
    Zen Archery is the Wis ranged.
    Intuitive strike? Might be the wis nat attack.

In fact, the only reasoning I can use against changing the ozodrin's stat is that I can't think of a Cha fighter if ever there was one, which limits the twinking potential.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose I should rewrite that pre-req. The intent was to make it possible to take your 1st level of Ozodrin on a level in which you do not gain a Feat and still be allowed to take this one. Taking it after your 1st level doesn't thematically work because you would be retconning your power source after the fact, so I made it possible to preemptively take it in preparation for your 1st level.

This Feat was inspired by the Jade Dragon Scholar and Jade Dragon Savant Feats from this Monk Remix.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

I would remove the "going to take" bit of the text, as that's not actually a pre-req.

I can't outright think of reasoning against this, there are feats that allows nat attacks, unarmed attacks and ranged attacks to be based off other mental stats, but I can't recall feats that allow special abilities to change stats.
    Kung-Fu Genius I think is the Int one.
    Zen Archery is the Wis ranged.
    Intuitive strike? Might be the wis nat attack.

In fact, the only reasoning I can use against changing the ozodrin's stat is that I can't think of a Cha fighter if ever there was one, which limits the twinking potential.
    Kung-Fu genius changes monk special abilities to run on Int instead of Wis, so it is precedent.

There are third-party feats allowing players to change which mental score they want to use for spellcasting, and there is at least one feat (a Dragon feat as I recall) that allows changing all of the paladin's special abilities from Cha to Wis.

As a bit of a stretch in the subject, illumians have their ever amusing ability to gain additional spells from being incredibly buff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's the revised Feat and the other one I was considering.

Your existence as an entity of the Far Realms began when the infinite chaos was shaped by the collective thoughts of other aberrations, and is now sustained by your own.
    Prerequisites: Ozodrin level 1
    Benefit: For the Ozodrin Class and all Classes that advance one of its Class Features, all Class Features that derive a numerical value from your Charisma instead derive that numerical value from your Intelligence. Additionally, any Charisma prerequisites for Aberrant Feats are instead considered to be Intelligence prerequisites.

Paradox Form [Aberrant]
    You were born when an abstract philosophical enigma was given substance by the twisted logic of the Far Realms. Your power is enhanced by understanding the transcendental and irrational.
    Benefit: For the Ozodrin Class and all Classes that advance one of its Class Features, all Class Features that derive a numerical value from your Charisma instead derive that numerical value from your Wisdom. Additionally, any Charisma prerequisites for Aberrant Feats are instead considered to be Wisdom prerequisites.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

There are third-party feats allowing players to change which mental score they want to use for spellcasting,
    The feat you're talking about (lost traditions, from bastards and bloodlines), actually changes your casting stat to any stat you choose, not necessarily a mental one.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    The feat you're talking about (lost traditions, from bastards and bloodlines), actually changes your casting stat to any stat you choose, not necessarily a mental one.
    Less specfic, actually. As I am aware, a number of different third-party supplements include that feat.

I had forgotten that it has no limit, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #983
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Here's the revised Feat and the other one I was considering.

Your existence as an entity of the Far Realms began when the infinite chaos was shaped by the collective thoughts of other aberrations, and is now sustained by your own.

Paradox Form [Aberrant]
    You were born when an abstract philosophical enigma was given substance by the twisted logic of the Far Realms. Your power is enhanced by understanding the transcendental and irrational.
    Benefit: For the Ozodrin Class and all Classes that advance one of its Class Features, all Class Features that derive a numerical value from your Charisma instead derive that numerical value from your Wisdom. Additionally, any Charisma prerequisites for Aberrant Feats are instead considered to be Wisdom prerequisites.
    To retain the not retconning your power source while still letting you take it in advance you could make use of the special entry some feats have.

Example:

Prerequisites: Intelligence 13+
    Special: Must be taken at the same time or before your first Ozodrin class level.

Using the special entry lets you restrict when a feat can be taken while not having weird prerequisites. In this case you couldn't take it unless you entered Ozodrin 1 when you were on a level when you normally earned a feat (or if you took it in advance).

Mechanically it doesn't do anything if you take it in advance so I don't see a problem with it. There is also lots of precedent for stat swapping for the cost of a feat.

EDIT: Aberrant affinity grants a bonus aberrant feat at level 1, which would let you grab one of these feats at Ozodrin 1 regardless of character level making it all mesh very smoothly.
    Last edited by Leram; 2012-07-30 at 05:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Aberrant Affinity grants Aberrant Blood as a Bonus Aberrant Feat, not a choice of another Feat.

Spoiler
    Show

Special: Must be taken at the same time or before your first Ozodrin class level.

Paradox Form [Aberrant]
    Prerequisites: Wisdom 13+

25. - Top - End - #985
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Actually, Aberrant Affinity grants Aberrant Blood as a Bonus Aberrant Feat, not a choice of another Feat.

Spoiler
    Show

Paradox Form [Aberrant]
    Prerequisites: Wisdom 13+
    Ah, indeed you are correct. Either way, that would still let you grab it on a feat level or in advance. I think the feat ideas he/she presented are well suited for a special tag here.

26. - Top - End - #986

I was explaining the ozodrin to one of my players of a new campaign I'm starting (there goes all my time) and he gobbled the idea up.

He said "so like, I can make a spike on my arm and pierce an elephant with it, then out of it could bloom mouths that keep growing and dividing until they devour the elephant from the inside and leave sort of like a shell, then suddenly, all at once, I could consume the entire elephant?"

Was kind of interesting getting feedback on the class from someone who has no idea at all what the actual mechanics are.

Anyway, he's planning to roll an ozodrin/something changeling in pathfinder, I'll use it to provide feedback for you guys.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-08-01 at 05:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the idea of this class and I'm about to start playing a game with an Ozodrin PC.
    I have a couple of questions that would be great if I could get some clarification on;

1; Spawn.
    What are the ability scores of a spawn? What is a spawns BAB? Is a spawn considered a separate creature? Does a spawn retain any special abilities? What happens if I create a spawn and then plane shift or travel through time?
    Is a spawn considered your base size or small when you add features to it?

2; Spike
    I'm unsure about the mechanics of throwing a spike specifically the part about regrowing them as a swift action during a full attack. The intent of this rule is unclear to me and it would be great if I could get someone to explain it to me.

3; Lure trap/puppet
    How exactly does your round in combat break down with one or more puppets?
    If I have multiple puppets and one moves can the others make a full attack?
    Can the puppets perform different actions in a round? ie can one puppet roll a disarm attempt while another runs and a third fires a bow?

4: Special eye
    Was it your intent to have a wide special eye that does not require a reflex save still auto fail? Why does a creature fail a will save if it is unable to move?

28. - Top - End - #988
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Just a quick request for clarification, do features always start at medium size, that is if the ozodrin is for example huge or tiny are the features still medium till augmentations are applied? I assume yes but some of the wording is a bit ambiguous so I just wanted to make certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, I'll try to respond to the other stuff when I get the chance, but at the moment, thought I'd answer these few questions.

I was explaining the ozodrin to one of my players of a new campaign I'm starting (there goes all my time) and he gobbled the idea up.

He said "so like, I can make a spike on my arm and pierce an elephant with it, then out of it could bloom mouths that keep growing and dividing until they devour the elephant from the inside and leave sort of like a shell, then suddenly, all at once, I could consume the entire elephant?"

Was kind of interesting getting feedback on the class from someone who has no idea at all what the actual mechanics are.

Anyway, he's planning to roll an ozodrin/something changeling in pathfinder, I'll use it to provide feedback for you guys.
    I look forward to hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato View Post
    1; Spawn.
    What are the ability scores of a spawn? What is a spawns BAB? Is a spawn considered a separate creature? Does a spawn retain any special abilities? What happens if I create a spawn and then plane shift or travel through time?
    Is a spawn considered your base size or small when you add features to it?
    Spawn use the ozodrin's abilities scores, bab, etc. They are considered separate creatures, though share all senses with the ozodrin and are completely controlled by it. Travelling between planes doesn't impact this, while travel through time is up to the DM, given they make the rules on how time travel works in the setting (though the two main interpretations are no change, or that it would cease being able to act during any period in time that the ozodrin was not present, but if a future version of the ozodrin (be it from the future or one that just spent time in the past so is still older) showed up at that point in time it would be able to take control of it). The description of the feature states spawn are small sized (though augments can adjust that).

2; Spike
    I'm unsure about the mechanics of throwing a spike specifically the part about regrowing them as a swift action during a full attack. The intent of this rule is unclear to me and it would be great if I could get someone to explain it to me.
    There is no part about regrowing them as a swift action during a full attack. It states that you may use up an attack that you have during a full attack to regrow them in place of a standard action (keep in mind that ozodrin have a limited number of natural attacks they may make in a turn with regard to those granted by features).

3; Lure trap/puppet
    How exactly does your round in combat break down with one or more puppets?
    If I have multiple puppets and one moves can the others make a full attack?
    Can the puppets perform different actions in a round? ie can one puppet roll a disarm attempt while another runs and a third fires a bow?
    All puppets are treated separately (even those that are duplicates made via augments). As such they each get their own actions and may take them with no relation to what the other puppets do during the round. So yes they can do different things on the same turn.

4: Special eye
    Was it your intent to have a wide special eye that does not require a reflex save still auto fail? Why does a creature fail a will save if it is unable to move?
    Well, arguably, depending on the order augments are considered applied in the reflex save may be changed into a will save, meaning a will save is needed to move 5 feet and avoid it. In either case though the auto fail could be explained a few ways, such as it being a more concentrated or prolonged beam that if one stays in it the full time it is impossible to resist. In any event the fluffing of it is ultimately up to the player or DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic_Spoon View Post
    Just a quick request for clarification, do features always start at medium size, that is if the ozodrin is for example huge or tiny are the features still medium till augmentations are applied? I assume yes but some of the wording is a bit ambiguous so I just wanted to make certain.
    The description of the features ability is that they are the size of the ozodrin prior to augments (with some exceptions), so a huge creature would default to huge sized features, and a tiny creature to tiny sized features. Exceptions to this are things like the eyes/special eyes (have no size), mouth (defaults to one size smaller than the ozodrin), flesh (have no size), puppets and lure traps (have no default size due to how they are made), and spawn (always default to small sized, though features put on them still default to the ozodrin's size). Note that the flesh augments condensed flesh and engorged flesh explicitly to not count as changing the ozodrins size for the purposes of determining the default size of features.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #990

I think there's a balance issue around arms that cannot attack being counted as limbs. I found a +2LA template that grants 24FP (aprox 7 additional levels balance-wise). Insectile ozodrins seem quite CO currently.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-08-07 at 04:19 PM.