Default Re: Star Wars: Reconstruction

((OK. ))
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Bugbear in the Playground

THe elder nods again.

"Many of us can use the Force. Kat-arn and some of his descendants helped us learn. One descendant....strange though. Bad thoughts. Leave planet. Not look back. Think he forgot. About Jee-dai. About Light Side. I go to Valley. Raise the banner. Those who are able come from surrounding villages to help."

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Orc in the Playground

Garik turns to Bendak. "I don't see why we have to leave these folks to fight on their own. Why don't we help them clean house, and then go looking for your Jedi whatsit?"

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Tien

"Try to keep up, muscles. I already went over that. Even if we stay, the Imps will no doubt send someone to the ruins while we're out here holding them back. Someone needs to go on ahead, even if we stay here."
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Kadlo

"I agree with Tien. The Imps have followed that pattern at every turn so far. I doubt they will stray from it now. As much as it pains me to leave the natives to fight our battle, I think at least some of us should press on to the ruins and hopefully beat the Imps to the artifact."
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

6. - Top - End - #1416

Your ComLinks begin to go off.

"Members of the Aurora Sprite, this is Jedi Knight Skywalker. Most of our fleet is in the sky above you. We'll be attempting a blockade, but a few ships might get through. We'll be ferrying down a few battalions of troops. Hopefully it will help."
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-12-12 at 10:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1417

((Watcha all up to?))

8. - Top - End - #1418

Kadlo
    "Acknowledged. Aurora Sprite out." Kadlo looks to the others. "If we are going to do this, we need to move now. Bendak, Tien's right. We should move out to the ruins now. I have faith in Garik and Tien. They are more than capable of handling whatever the Imps throw at them." Kadlo picks up his gear and before setting out, turns to the eldar. "May the force be with you." Kadlo then heads towards the ruins.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Your right OK lets go Bendek moves off toward the ruins, over his shoulder he say we'll be back as soon a possible

Character links

10. - Top - End - #1420

As you make your way to the ruins, a banner goes up near the middle of said ruins and a long, low trumpet note is rung. From near and far, answering calls are returned. One of the first things you see upon entering the ruins is a very large cave. There seems to be a pulsating light coming from it.

11. - Top - End - #1421

Bendak heads for the cave mouth and will enter it.

Character links

12. - Top - End - #1422

Kadlo
    Kadlo follows, opening his senses to the Force.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Tien

Tien turned to the elder or whoever was left in charge of the defense and said, "Alright, so fill us in on your battle plan so we can coordinate an effective defense with the troops from the Dauntless. I need to know your numbers, your weapons, and tactics you were planning on using, etc. We'll have some heavy equipment but those Imperial dogs tend to come loaded for bear. We need to be as effective as possible."

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1424

As you are talking, Tien, a sizeable number of shuttles come landing on the surface and out come an even more sizeable number of troops. The one you're talking to says, "We have some that are trained in the Force. Mostly, we are hunters. We will provide long range support for troops." Looking around, Tien, you notice many of the villagers with some very nice looking weaponry as far as sniper rifles go. They are taking up covered points in trees and a few of the surrounding ruins that aren't part of the Valley.

Kadlo, this entire planet seems imbued with the Force. You sense the Force in the cave as well.

Walking in, Bendak, you see many, many crystals all different colors and hues.

((Knowledge: Jedi if you have it))

15. - Top - End - #1425

Character links

16. - Top - End - #1426

Kadlo does not have Knowledge: Jedi Lore, so no roll for me.

17. - Top - End - #1427

These are the crystals used in the construction of a Jedi's lightsaber. You've heard of crystal caves before, but this is the first you are seeing of them.

18. - Top - End - #1428

((OCC: As I specifically stated Kadlo was researching the construction of a light saber during our downtime, would he know how to extract the crystal from the rock properly?))

19. - Top - End - #1429

((You would have an idea, yes. I will say that while there are some in the rocks, they also just litter the floor, free for the taking))

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Orc in the Playground

Garik takes a couple of the snipers to a good vantage point with plenty of cover, then increases the zoom function on his macrobinoculars as he scans the incoming troops.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Realizing what the crystals were Bendak stretches out with the force to see witch of the crystals where meant for him and his lightsaber.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-12-19 at 11:01 AM.

Character links

22. - Top - End - #1432

A somewhat oddly shaped silver crystal sparkles in the dim light, drawing your eye directly to it.

The troops coming in seem to be your average ground troops. A few light cannons and some ligh combat vehicles are being unloaded as well.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Kadlo
    Watching Bendak, Kaldo opens up to the force and tries the same thing.

24. - Top - End - #1434

Seeing the somewhat oddly shaped silver crystal sparkle Bendak bends down and retrives the crystal
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-12-19 at 03:46 PM.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #1435

Kadlo, you found an almost perfectly round bronze crystal that draws your eye.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Tien

Tien went on to leave the actual planning to the elder/ground commander for the ground troops that had just landed and headed back to the two ships they'd arrived in. He supervised the camo-netting of the Aurora Sprite, hoping to hide it from the enemy long enough that if they needed to make a quick getaway he wouldn't have to run past a detachment of stormtroopers to get to it. Secondly, he made sure his X-Wing was prepped and ready to go. He wasn't much of a ground trooper like Garik. If he was going to provide some real support to the ground battle, he'd be doing it via strafing runs and air superiority in the snubfighter. In the atmosphere, he could beat the pants off of even the faster, more maneuverable in space TIE models. Even against monsters like AT-AT walkers and their ilk his X-Wing's wingtip cannons and proton torpedoes would turn them into so much scrap metal.

Bring it on.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437

Kadlo
    As they pass by the crystal that has attracted his attention, Kadlo will reach out with the force and gently pick it up from its resting place.

Move Object: 1d20+11=20

28. - Top - End - #1438

It lifts easily, almost eagerly, from its resting place.

Over the comms:

"This is Jedi Knight Skywalker. We have contact with the Remnant. Scramble fighters and open fire...what is that?" Skywalker's comm breaks off suddenly, and something is seen streaking towards the planet at an extremely fast rate.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Tien

"This is Hawkbat One. I'm going to do a flyby and see whatever the hell that was." crackled the sullustan's voice over the comms. "If it's something I can't take care of, I'll make a run for space and see if I can get out of its range before coming back."

The amber light of his exhaust flared briefly once Tien's X-Wing's repulsorlifts brought it above tree level and it shot off. He tracked the course of the thing that had come streaking towards the atmosphere and shot out to either intercept it from the rear quarter as it leveled out or go head to head with it if it was coming straight at him. He set his lasers to dual-linked fire and checked his scopes for enemy targets.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1440

It's a metallic object of some kind. I'll need a pilot check from you, Tien.

((Also, I will be incommunicado for the next couple of days, so break until the day after Christmas, I think. I may be able to get on before that, but maybe not. Feel free to post actions/comments if you'd like, just don't expect them to be addressed until early into this upcoming week. Also Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. If not, Happy Holidays.))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-12-22 at 08:46 PM.