New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Two questions spring to mind. Why on earth would you do that and what is so problematic about vodka (I mean, taking it to a text is stupid, but it is hardly performance enhancing)?
    Under 21. 21 is legal age for alcohol in New York State.

It may have been the previous year that someone was caught with Vodka... Unsure.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    And the other ones, if I recall correctly. MADD Lobbyists managed to make it a universal thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Banned

Ion and Super's LP of Dragon Age: Origins is beginning... soon.

Yeah, I'm just pushing about 12gb of crap off onto our external so I can record directly to my harddrive. And then set up Skype for commentary, and then we're good to go.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post

It may have been the previous year that someone was caught with Vodka... Unsure.
    Nah. If it were that, they'd just get prosecuted and fined for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Banned

GAH This is DRIVING US BONKERS. We're now installing audacity and IonDragon is trying ot figure out why he is getting feedback.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    GAH This is DRIVING US BONKERS. We're now installing audacity and IonDragon is trying ot figure out why he is getting feedback.
    That reminds me. More music needs to be made using audacity by yours truly.

Good luck, but sadly I don't know the system that well.

Enough so that I lost the only file I ever had from a friend who set one of my poems to music and did a duet with one of her friends and recorded it. Either an earlier, later, or parallel version of this POS.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-09 at 02:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ Introlubus: Well remember that it will never only be 'one tough class' in your life time. There will be more. But I agree in that you should try different levels. College students usually are more motivated to listen and do what you say. Also I'm a history teacher.

@ Coidzor: He does but he hates water so he'd opt for me just wearing swimsuits around the house. ^^"

@ Phase: I don't get the joke. Is it supposed to be report card?

@ Cogwheel: I prolly should have mentioned that in the last two internships I suffered from two major depressions and was mentally under a lot of stress in general.

Also the trip to Disney is in danger due to funds. >< If we're even going to make it, it might only be one day of Disney. *sigh* Disney is good for three days worth of visiting IMO.

Also if anybody needs help with (European) history, be free to ask my mailbox is open. I got a large history book collection on a big variety of subjects so ask away.

(pant pant, that will teach me to go to bed!)
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-07-09 at 03:36 AM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Lillith: I'm not surprised, honestly. Sounds like an absolutely terrible job. Good luck surviving it, anyway. Hope the trip you've got planned works out well.

Speaking of sleep... been a bit too busy for sleep for the last 50-ish hours. Nothing rare for me, but I should really fix that once I've got work done today. Ah well.

Also, Starfols, replied to your PM.

Also also, all the LP talk is sorta guilt-tripping me into updating my own one Ah well, at least I posted yesterday, so it's not quite as slow as my usual pace.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-07-09 at 04:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Banned

First recording is DONE! We got like 45 minutes of gameplay and are dropping it all But we got a good 3-4 minutes of an Unskippable-like thing. Not as funny though, those guys are pro.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Lillith: I'm not surprised, honestly. Sounds like an absolutely terrible job. Good luck surviving it, anyway. Hope the trip you've got planned works out well.
    Well I got one more week left. So I think I´ll be okay. ATM the only stressful thing is on one side the meetings where we decide which students have to retake a year (hurhurhur) and some stress because of 2 grades that have to be changed and the 'coloms' that are on the digital network have magically disappeared. So unless the staff finds them one could assume that two classes miss one grade entirely.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Also if anybody needs help with (European) history, be free to ask my mailbox is open. I got a large history book collection on a big variety of subjects so ask away.
    So, after which historical figure were the Americas named?

Also, at what level do you teach history? University or highschool?
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2010-07-09 at 05:19 AM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post

Amergio Vespucci, wunnit?
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    That is correct
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

14. - Top - End - #1064

Ghehehe, what Deth said. Also a nice anecdote that the teacher who taught me that kinda spoke with a 'spray'. The people sitting up front weren't too happy with the Spanish names.

As for your second question, my degree is to teach at a high school level. Though me myself am going to uni next year (finally!). Still trying to decide if I want to study cultural history or ancient history.

I'm thinking it's going to be the first because then I already know what my research project is going to be!
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-07-09 at 06:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Amerigo Vespucci, actually. Amergio is his less well-known younger brother
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #1066

Also known as Americus Vespucius in Latin. Columbus died before the naming so he couldn't object. Now a question for you lot, who discovered Australia?
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-07-09 at 06:02 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1067

Willem Janszoon
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

No real answer. Plenty of people did, but if you mean Europeans?

There are claims that Portugal did so first in the 1500s, but Portugal has no records to prove this.

Willem Jansz (Dutch) landed on the west shore of Cape York peninsula in 1606 (26th of february) but thought it was part of New Guinea.

Another Dutch captain, Dirk Hartog, accidentally landed on Cape Inscription, Shark Bay, in 1616 (25th october). Pretty sure he didn't think it was Australia either.

James Cook, before he was a captain, discovered it in 1770 (late to the party, I know) and claimed it for Britain. Since he charted some of the coasts, he's often mistakenly credited with discovering it.

Why yes, I do like history. Did have to google some of the dates, though. Got a horrible memory for those. And names.

Edit: Curse you Eadiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.

I need to start elaborating less
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-07-09 at 06:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #1069

Ghehehe, what Deth said. Also a nice anecdote that the teacher who taught me that kinda spoke with a 'spray'. The people sitting up front weren't too happy with the Spanish names.

As for your second question, my degree is to teach at a high school level. Though me myself am going to uni next year (finally!). Still trying to decide if I want to study cultural history or ancient history.

I'm thinking it's going to be the first because then I already know what my research project is going to be!
    I'd go for cultural history too...
    ancient is just too...Ancient
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

20. - Top - End - #1070

Both of you get an A+ and advance to the next year! Also maybe in two years you'll see me posting threads here asking for input for my research project. XD

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

That is disputed.
    The only countries or discoveries that were named after people's first names were named after royalty (king edward Island for example), so that America would have been named after Amerigo Vespucci would be unlikely.
    If the discovery was named after the discoverer, it was more likely to be named after his last name (Cook Island for example).

America could well have been named after Richard Amerike and not Senor Vespucci.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    That is disputed.
    The only countries or discoveries that were named after people's first names were named after royalty (king edward Island for example), so that America would have been named after Amerigo Vespucci would be unlikely.
    If the discovery was named after the discoverer, it was more likely to be named after his last name (Cook Island for example).

America could well have been named after Richard Amerike and not Senor Vespucci.
    Exactly. This is the likelier of both theories. Really, has no-one here seen that QI episode?

Also, why in heavens would I ask that if it weren't a trick question?
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2010-07-09 at 07:24 AM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Well....now I can't think of a darned thing to say. I probably could've taken a stab at Amerigo Vespucci, but I'm a bit late for that.

Alright then. Time for a totally different question, and this one should be easy for a History teacher. Who were the major powers in the Battle of Waterloo? Nation AND Commanding officer, if you please.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Well....now I can't think of a darned thing to say. I probably could've taken a stab at Amerigo Vespucci, but I'm a bit late for that.

Alright then. Time for a totally different question, and this one should be easy for a History teacher. Who were the major powers in the Battle of Waterloo? Nation AND Commanding officer, if you please.
    Mecha-Lincoln (US) versus Saxton Hale (Australia).
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

25. - Top - End - #1075

Exactly. This is the likelier of both theories. Really, has no-one here seen that QI episode?

Over here they just say Amerigo, because everybody knows that any history outside of Europe is not important whatsoever.

Hmmm lessee, I'm not good with names. I know French was of course led by Napoleon. Prussia was there, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. Belgium afterwards was given to the Netherlands. And I think the Dutch troops were led by William prince of Orange, or at least over here they wanted to let us believe he almost died in battle and was such a brave prince. There were also a couple of smaller forces that I can't remember.

But that's the Waterloo in Belgium mind.
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-07-09 at 07:32 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

I heard it from the QI episode, and that's why I mentioned it.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

27. - Top - End - #1077

What's QI?

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

What's QI?
    what?!

you don't know about QI!

go to YouTube and search immediatly...
    why are you still here? GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

What's QI?
    *gasp* How..? She... she... she doesn't know what QI is.

Then again, I guess it's not shown in belgium, so it's not that big of a shock.
    It's a very interes.... No, sorry.. It's a Quite Interesting tv gameshow that manages to debunk a lot of generally accepted misconceptions. there was a link to an episode earlier in the thread while we were having the discussion about boomerangs that didn't return when you threw them. I believe Rawhide posted it.

Wiki link that tells about the show
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    what?!

you don't know about QI!

go to YouTube and search immediatly...
    why are you still here? GO!
    Well i did a search on it, never heard of it eather... Got this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1zuAQAhhMI

Spoiler
    Show
    Their still wrong, its not a second moon. Cruithne is only a quasi-satellite. Its an asteroid that orbits the sun, a moon orbits a planet.