New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation IV: The Lore Thing

Huh. Misho's kinda wrong here. Any other Celestial Exalt could potentially remember it just the way he does.

Of course, the Green Sun Princes will remember it because they don't have their memories erased, but Misho probably doesn't know about them.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Huh. Misho's kinda wrong here. Any other Celestial Exalt could potentially remember it just the way he does.

Of course, the Green Sun Princes will remember it because they don't have their memories erased, but Misho probably doesn't know about them.
    Not necessarily. The tunnels have probably not been used since the end of the Primordial War due to their purpose. So, few people whose previous reincarnation was not a Golden Hero Vassal would remember it, if any. Green Sun Princes only remember their immediate previous incarnation, and not always at that.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Anybody else notice a particular manse intelligence carved into the walls of the tunnel?

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

If I remember correctly, the Past Life memories generally only apply to the life directly before your own (do I remember correctly?). If that's the case, then the Celestial Exalt in question would need to have been a Primordial War veteran when the Usurpation came around, which is a pretty small demographic, most of whom would be left with only fragmentary memories of it, if at all. They might know there were secret paths, but not their locations, destinations, numbers, security systems or the ways to open them. So I think it's pretty safe for Misho to declare that no-one knows them as well as he does.

That's not all the GSPs, though. A lot of them still have little-no memory of their past lives, it's just that when they do, it's far more potent and less fragmentary. So they would be more likely to know, but it's still not a sure thing, thanks to the fact that they make up less than a fifth of the Solar Exalt's original number, so the odds of a Primordial War veteran with the right memories/security clearance is even lower.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

So, anybody consider the possibility that the Sidereals would actually write down something as important as a hidden passage to the Blessed Isle?

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    So, anybody consider the possibility that the Sidereals would actually write down something as important as a hidden passage to the Blessed Isle?
    Probably but depending on who was in charge of doing it the information might be so classified not Kejak can access it.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Is anybody else having problems with patternspider? I noticed it was slow when I was checking the pbp part of the site earlier, and just a bit ago when I read this and went to check the new comic, it loaded excruicatingly slow - then made the library computer melt down in a flurry of out-of-memory errors. (And started doing the same thing on a second computer I checked there.)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #788

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    They did, and then accidentally filed it under "unbidden massage of the depressed biles", which is the kind of stuff even the disease gods don't want to review.
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    They did, and then accidentally filed it under "unbidden massage of the depressed biles", which is the kind of stuff even the disease gods don't want to review.
    You mean "accidentally on purpose" right? Because that's the kind of thing Sidereals do.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Sidereals are the most overworked Exalts in the setting living in the most decadent city in the setting.

"Hey, we can take two hours to go all the way down to the Yozi breakout preparedness bunker and file that thing properly, or we could take off early and hang out with Zalmoxis, God of Ultimate Keggers."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2010-08-28 at 04:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Sidereals work for the Bureau of Destiny - it might not even fall under their jurisdiction.

And note that is for. They don't even comprise the entire Bureau. It's quite possible this little tidbit was filed by a god, not a Sidereal.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #792
    Banned

[Post redacted]
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2010-08-30 at 12:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, I put that image where I put it - a password-protected subforum dedicated to that kind of thing - so that I could get critical feedback on whether it looked weird or fit properly; in other words, it was an image I wasn't sure of the quality of myself. If I were a different guy, I might have taken umbrage with you for assuming you could post such a thing wherever.

I'm not really bothered - if I were that type of guy, I wouldn't have posted those other pictures on 4chan - but be careful in future, ok?
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2010-08-30 at 12:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Banned

... Now I feel like an ass. I'll take it down, and I apologize. Successive days with not enough sleep can do a number on your judgement, but I still should've known better.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Barbarian in the Playground

Man, I know all about lack of sleep. No worries.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

So wait, are all Manse Intelligence designed similar to Mew Cai?

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Could someone remind me why Merela is referred to as M-R-L-?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know much about creation in Exalted, but it could be because her name's supposed to be an Abjad. With those, people will sometimes write or say only the consonants.

Reading the comic, it seems to be something else at work. Something that the characters noticed themselves.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-08-30 at 04:09 AM.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #799
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    So wait, are all Manse Intelligence designed similar to Mew Cai?
    I assumed it was just because "looking like a dragon" is in style for powerful stuff.

Also, it may be my inexperience with the setting talking, but with the timeframe of the passageway's use being just after the Great Contagion... this points pretty heavily to the Scarlet Empress's circle being the interlopers, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Eco-Mono; 2010-08-30 at 04:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #800

Quote Originally Posted by Eco-Mono View Post
    I assumed it was just because "looking like a dragon" is in style for powerful stuff.

Also, it may be my inexperience with the setting talking, but with the timeframe of the passageway's use being just after the Great Contagion... this points pretty heavily to the Scarlet Empress's circle being the interlopers, doesn't it?
    Or maybe the Deathlords using traitorous DBs as a proxy. At least some Deathlords are Primordial War veterans, so they could know about it. Whoever it was was probably a Terrestrial, seeing as how they could bind 1st Circle demons but (presumably) not higher ones.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

21. - Top - End - #801

Ah yes, Queen La Li Lu Le Lo.

I guess it could have been the Scempress and pals, but to me the mention of "Great Contagion" and "Only First-Generation Solars" made me think "ohohoho, Deathlords releasing the plague on the Isle". Besides, I'm sure the Empress was on the Isle in the first place, wasn't she?

It's interesting to realise that none of the main characters, for all their power, know what the Deathlords really are (and therefore have no reason to believe they know of the passage). Good seperation of OOC and IC knowledge - every player knows the Deathlords' origins, but in-setting it's a Big Secret Thing that could very well shake a Circle's faith in their past incarnations and the righteousness of the Solars. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing...

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

I think i missed the joke in todays comic.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

23. - Top - End - #803

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I think i missed the joke in todays comic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus_impudicus
    *cough* *cough*
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Could someone remind me why Merela is referred to as M-R-L-?
    I always assumed it was a reference to YHWH, myself. It's written like that in the Guidebook to Meru...
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would have thought it more practical to leave the mishowagon just beyond the door and taken a stormwind rider to the Blessed Isle, and then wait for Misho's caste mark to die down before exiting. That would cut their travel time down tremendously. Unless they plan on spending a long time on the road on the Isle itself.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Firbolg in the Playground

Merela: how much power do True Names and the like have in Creation? Enough that someone might want to make it impossible for another to use theirs? Or perhaps she sacrificed it as a sorcerous initiation.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

The joke here is pretty damn obscure. If it hadn't been for Doran, I wouldn't have had the first hint at what it was all about. Something lecherous with mushrooms, of course, but beyond that?

Provided, of course, that this is the intended joke. I honestly can't tell.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

28. - Top - End - #808

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    The joke here is pretty damn obscure. If it hadn't been for Doran, I wouldn't have had the first hint at what it was all about. Something lecherous with mushrooms, of course, but beyond that?

Provided, of course, that this is the intended joke. I honestly can't tell.
    Yeah, the lecherous bit was all I got out of it too. Although I sort of came to the conclusion it was either "mushrooms look like penises" (odd-looking ones, either way) or "Marena enjoys 'shrooms" which had little-to-no evidence in the comic itself.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

For someone whose knowledge of the Exalted setting is basically what has so far been revealed in Keychain and its discussion threads, where does this tunnel go and why do they want to go there?

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    For someone whose knowledge of the Exalted setting is basically what has so far been revealed in Keychain and its discussion threads, where does this tunnel go and why do they want to go there?
    Link to a map of Creation.

See the island in the middle (with the one really big mountain visible). That's the Blessed Isle and the mountain is the Elemental Pole of Earth, the linchpin on which Creation is fixed. The "rulers" of the world tend to set up shop there (before the Primordial War the Gods lived there, after the war the Solar Deliberative was based there, since the Usurpation the Empire has been there).

This road, apparently, goes from somewhere on the "mainland" to this island. My guess something they're looking for is on the Isle and they need to get there quickly, but inconspicuously.
    Take your best shot, everyone else does.
    Avatar by Guildorn Tanaleth. See other avatars below.

Spoiler
    Show
    My original avatar and much better ones by groundhog22 and a Winter Olympics one by Rae Artemi.