New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    I wonder, if Kakashi uses his teleport jutsu on the corpses will they regenerate in the battlefield, or in Madara's hideyhole dimension? A corpse in Madara's home would probably destroy Kabuto's and Madara's alliance.
    I think Kamui is probably one of the few ways to destroy the zombies for good. We don't actually know if Kamui and Madara's Time-Space jutsu are the same/go through the same place (if they were then Madara would probably be pretty freaked out the day he found Deidara's severed arm inside his secret clubhouse).

If they do go to the same dimension then that might eventually become a viable tactic later on if Deidara escapes. While he's charging up his mega-explosion attack, Kamui him into the dimension so that he destroys Madara's supply of Sharingan Eyes. No more Izanagi for you!
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    No, Impure World Resurrection isn't overpowered at all. Seriously, why didn't Orochimaru ever do that? Has Kabuto really surpassed him by that much? Since Kabuto keeps going on about how awesome Oro's powers are, I'm imagining that he must have surpassed Oro in skill but not in raw chakra and power.
    As Callos pointed out, Orochimaru kept pretty tight control on his 2 zombies, while still able to freely move and fight.

Kabutomaru, on the other hand, is sitting there, out in the open. Oh, sure, he's got better control, but he's in trouble if someone finds him.

Also, I think the whole "zabuza was a point of reference" thing is likely correct.

One thing in favor of Kakashi and the others: The Swordsmen seem to lack their swords, except for Zabuza, who has a nearly-destroyed sword.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #1263

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bo Peep View Post
    I think there were some tender moments at the start.
    i also think so.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

I really liked to see the seven six... I forgot that Kisame isn't there for the class reunion (why... I mean he had already re-animated the other akatsuki members). I have wanted to see them for a LONG time; and apparently one of the was a Hunter-nin.

As for why some zombies might be better with their personalities intact; I think it is for the emotional and shock value, I mean they are Dan, Asuma and Hizashi... if Tsunade, Shikamaru or Neji ( or even maybe Hinata or Hiashi himself though I am more incline to Neji) have to fight with them I am sure they will be extremely distraught.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I really hope Kabuto is lying about it having no side effects. Though currently, it seems as if it doesn't.
    more like it seems the Kabuto is meddling something beyond his understanding and in truth doesn't know the full capabilities and consequences of the technique- Orochimaru invented it after all and I can't see him sharing the details with his minions, Kabuto may only know how to work the technique from watching Orochimaru or something, like knowing that certain things happen when you press a certain button but the not the actual mechanics of button-to-things-happening.

For all we know, Orochimaru only used the Impure World Resurrection on the two Hokages because he knew something, some risk that Kabuto didn't and it was the reason why Orochimaru didn't make the zombie armies like Kabuto.

Madara's wisdom speaks true here. everything has a downside. its just that not all downsides are readily apparent.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    more like it seems the Kabuto is meddling something beyond his understanding and in truth doesn't know the full capabilities and consequences of the technique- Orochimaru invented it after all and I can't see him sharing the details with his minions, Kabuto may only know how to work the technique from watching Orochimaru or something, like knowing that certain things happen when you press a certain button but the not the actual mechanics of button-to-things-happening.

For all we know, Orochimaru only used the Impure World Resurrection on the two Hokages because he knew something, some risk that Kabuto didn't and it was the reason why Orochimaru didn't make the zombie armies like Kabuto.

Madara's wisdom speaks true here. everything has a downside. its just that not all downsides are readily apparent.
    No, actually the Nidaime Hokage created it, and Orochimaru perfected it (which I assume, he found the way to get total control over the reanimated corpses).
    Just call me Dusk

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I really liked to see the seven six... I forgot that Kisame isn't there for the class reunion (why... I mean he had already re-animated the other akatsuki members). I have wanted to see them for a LONG time; and apparently one of the was a Hunter-nin.
    the seven swordsmen of the mist at the time of Zabuza was in the mist is probably slightly different then Kisame's, it seems to be a title passed down to skilled swordsmen in the village.
    (the example being that the third mitsukage is in the group shown, while he's leading kisame at the time when he joins the akatsuki)

8. - Top - End - #1268

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    I think Kamui is probably one of the few ways to destroy the zombies for good. We don't actually know if Kamui and Madara's Time-Space jutsu are the same/go through the same place (if they were then Madara would probably be pretty freaked out the day he found Deidara's severed arm inside his secret clubhouse).
    I'm not seeing how Kamui could destroy the zombies. It could banish pieces of the zombies, but they would regenerate.

Madara did find Deidara's arm rather quickly, so I think this hints that Kakashi sent the arm to the same place. Not to mention Madara seems too arrogant to worry about an intrusion into his dimension. After all Kakashi isn't a Uchiha, he can't possibly learn how to enter his hideout.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    If they do go to the same dimension then that might eventually become a viable tactic later on if Deidara escapes. While he's charging up his mega-explosion attack, Kamui him into the dimension so that he destroys Madara's supply of Sharingan Eyes. No more Izanagi for you!
    That's true, but I was thinking; since Kabuto seems to always be in contact with his zombies, if Kakashi banished one into Madara's eye dimension, Kabuto could have his zombie steal everything it can (especially any special eyeballs), then reverse summon it back. Not likely to happen, but it's a fun idea I think.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    the seven swordsmen of the mist at the time of Zabuza was in the mist is probably slightly different then Kisame's, it seems to be a title passed down to skilled swordsmen in the village.
    (the example being that the third mitsukage is in the group shown, while he's leading kisame at the time when he joins the akatsuki)
    I miscounted the swordsmen, when I read the chapter I didn't say the head of the guy next to Zabuza's arm.
    Just call me Dusk

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    That's not wisdom. I believe Madara was just bluffing to try to get more information out of Kabuto, but if he really believes that Impure World Ressurection must, by definition, have some downside apart from the obvious (requiring chakra, DNA samples and a human sacrifice), not because he has some evidence that it is true but because his worldview is so narrow that he cannot comprehend a powerful jutsu not being like the Sharingan and crippling the user, he's a bloody moron.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

The thing is that the majority of the strong jutsu/abilities tax the user severely, so the "there must be a drawback" is accurate

12. - Top - End - #1272

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    I'm not seeing how Kamui could destroy the zombies. It could banish pieces of the zombies, but they would regenerate.
    Kamui doesn't just have to banish limbs. Kakashi only banished Deidara's arm because he missed, if he got a full hit then he could banish the entire zombie, so it wouldn't have anything to regenerate.

Madara did find Deidara's arm rather quickly, so I think this hints that Kakashi sent the arm to the same place. Not to mention Madara seems too arrogant to worry about an intrusion into his dimension. After all Kakashi isn't a Uchiha, he can't possibly learn how to enter his hideout.That's true, but I was thinking; since Kabuto seems to always be in contact with his zombies, if Kakashi banished one into Madara's eye dimension, Kabuto could have his zombie steal everything it can (especially any special eyeballs), then reverse summon it back. Not likely to happen, but it's a fun idea I think.
    That's a point, I'm sure Kabuto would love to get his greasy mittens on some sharingans.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    That's not wisdom. I believe Madara was just bluffing to try to get more information out of Kabuto, but if he really believes that Impure World Ressurection must, by definition, have some downside apart from the obvious (requiring chakra, DNA samples and a human sacrifice), not because he has some evidence that it is true but because his worldview is so narrow that he cannot comprehend a powerful jutsu not being like the Sharingan and crippling the user, he's a bloody moron.
    But most of the gamebreakers do have that. The only ones that don't are ones that have been augmented by other factors, like the MS (Uchihax) and the FRS (Sage Mojo)

14. - Top - End - #1274

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    But most of the gamebreakers do have that.
    Most =/= all. Assuming facts not in evidence is a good way to screw yourself over.

The only ones that don't are ones that have been augmented by other factors, like the MS (Uchihax) and the FRS (Sage Mojo)
    How about human sacrifice? Does that count as an augmentation? Because it doesn't to Madara, apparently.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    No, actually the Nidaime Hokage created it, and Orochimaru perfected it (which I assume, he found the way to get total control over the reanimated corpses).
    a correction, thank you, which only reinforces my point of pressing a button to make things happen without knowing the actual mechanics of button-to-things-happening. Orochimaru understood more about the technique than Kabuto ever did and you have to admit, Orochimaru was a genius when it came to Jutsu, he somehow figured out how to be immortal/semi-immortal, fight two of his fellow Sannin without arms, put a previously unknown seal on people that greatly increases their power and somehow swallowed a sword he can half-barf up and use to fight with.

Kabuto? his most notable capability was medical jutsu. sure it means he has lots of control over his chakra, but he still probably learned it second-hand from the man who figured out how to improve upon it, not knowing the true abilities of it like the Nidaime Hokage would since he created it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    They don't even have their swords, they won't be that hard to fight. Maybe. Well, at least 2 are missing their swords.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-12-27 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

one is a known former jinchurikki & kage, the only other one we know anything about ability-wise is zabuza, who was an experienced killer before he was a teenager and was a tough kill for an experienced jonin the first time they fought. If the others are somewhere in that spectrum, expect trouble...

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering the swordsmen got summoned on the battlefield, I wonder why no-one has brought up the obvious yet - namely, that they could summon their weapons. That's pretty basic as far ninja tricks go - most of the time it seems to require a scroll, though, but if someone would find a way to call a sword without them, I'd figure it'd be the most infamous swordsmen.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Considering the swordsmen got summoned on the battlefield, I wonder why no-one has brought up the obvious yet - namely, that they could summon their weapons. That's pretty basic as far ninja tricks go - most of the time it seems to require a scroll, though, but if someone would find a way to call a sword without them, I'd figure it'd be the most infamous swordsmen.
    And by all appearances that's what Zabuza just did, though having the toothy pop-sickle might be more of a disadvantage to Kabuto's side, so I don't think that one's showing up if they can summon their weapons.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    And by all appearances that's what Zabuza just did, though having the toothy pop-sickle might be more of a disadvantage to Kabuto's side, so I don't think that one's showing up if they can summon their weapons.
    Shame it's broken. But that new guy has the Transformer sword and Bee has Samehada. I don't think they can just be summoned away.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Banned

It's probably going to have some stupid power of regeneration or something, just because it's Kishimoto, nothing can be as it seems, everything has a unforeshadowed pen-ultimate and ultimate forms. Everything.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Shame it's broken. But that new guy has the Transformer sword and Bee has Samehada. I don't think they can just be summoned away.
    Maybe they have zombie versions of their swords and other equipment? I mean they have their clothes, and it is heavily implied that zombie Pain has the Rinnegan even though they were tore out of his eye sockets.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Is the funeral guys amoung them? I doubt it since he vaporized himself, but he was called one of the swordsmen. But I don't see him amoung the group so, meh.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #1284

Is the funeral guys amoung them? I doubt it since he vaporized himself, but he was called one of the swordsmen. But I don't see him amoung the group so, meh.
    I hope not. That filler is best left forgotten.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

Hm?

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Maybe they have zombie versions of their swords and other equipment? I mean they have their clothes, and it is heavily implied that zombie Pain has the Rinnegan even though they were tore out of his eye sockets.
    They probably died in those.

27. - Top - End - #1287

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hm?
    Raiga, the guy from the filler episodes with lightning swords and an annoying, crippled kid in a backpack.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Firbolg in the Playground

Silly Raptor. That wasn't part of canon.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Silly Raptor. That wasn't part of canon.
    I know it wasn't part of canon. I was just wondering even though it wasn't canon if the artist would do anything cute like that.

Anyways, it seems he didn't.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I know it wasn't part of canon. I was just wondering even though it wasn't canon if the artist would do anything cute like that.

Anyways, it seems he didn't.
    *twitches*

BLASPHEMY.

Get me my Brain Bleach and a Hard Cider, STAT!