New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

I posted more of Jason's arrival. Hopefully tomorrow will come quickly IC, but that's up to you guys mostly. I still have one more post for him before he goes to bed officially.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement of the utmost importance.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement of the utmost importance.
    Huzzah! A not-really-but-we-are-not-allowed-to-know-when-the-real-one-is birthday thread!

Why do I never get one of those! I want a pretend birthday too!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

FFRP Central is up and stickied. Come in and say hi, and offer any suggestions you might have to improve it and make the first few posts Newbie friendly.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

What is the name of the cafe everyone is at? (The japanese name and translation)

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, not everyone is in the same establishment; There are three. The one which is busiest at the moment is called the Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri (Genuine Japanese Cuisine).

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, one of my character is going there now.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

First off, I know I posted in the Callos Birthday thread, but I still feel I should wish him a happy birthday here also.

Secondly...*points down*

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Alright, here is Hajime v.2, updated with extra power descriptions and a cooler name for his ability.

Mori Hajime
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Mori Hajime (last, first)
    Aliases: "Ossan" (or Old Man), Feral One.
    Level: 3
    School: Not sure.

Appearance: Hajime seems to be something not quite human. His long, straight white hair is entertwined with various herbs, flowers, and roots. The weave of hair and plant is about shoulder length. His skin is tan and leathery, pockmarked with various scars. His eyes are a deep green color. He is slightly above average height-wise, as well as a little slimmer than average build-wise. His face is often blank, as though he is constantly in some sort of meditation. His posture tends to be a little tense, but nothing too alarming. He tends to try and wear the school uniform in a way that covers himself the most without breaking any rules, as the various tattoos on his skin tend to put off people. After school, he repeats the trend of covering himself, using clothes that seem to be an attempt to underemphasise his oddness. He also wears various pouches and sacks, in which he contains seeds and herbs and such.

Tattoos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has several, of differing designs. Some are Celtic in design (and in method of drawing), and some are more modern. They tend to be more focused on his back and arms, but some do creep onto his neck. Centered on his back is an elaborate tattoo of Yamato-no-Orochi, a mythical eight-headed serpent. It contains remarkable detail, every scale looking as though it were real. Each one of its mouths are open, a kanji for certain words in between the jaws. The eight kanji are for the words "Trust", "Strength", "Faith", "Love", "Friendship", "Honor", "Wisdom", and "Peace". The tattoo seems incomplete, however, the bottom two heads only partially filled in. Almost symbolically, the kanji the two heads point to are "Friendship" and "Love".

Personality: He seems to be reserved, quiet. He tends to be more on the outskirts of social life due to this. He is always aware, always watching for the little details that most people would miss. He is practical. However, he is willing to help however he can. He seems to keep himself average publicly, to the point where people have commented that he seems to be restraining himself.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esper Ability: Chloro Marionette: The ability to control plants.

As a level 3, he has an impressive control over plants. He can manipulate the plant's cellular structure to direct its growth, even in some cases killing it. He can fill a garden house to the brim with plants in full bloom within a few hours, with only a few seeds and a little soil. His ability to grow a singular plant depends on several factors. If the plant is in ideal conditions, such as optimal water, heat, and soil, Hajime can grow the plant from seed to full bloom within the minute. Obviously, less optimal conditions take longer to grow the plant. The rate of growth also depends on how fast the plant normally grows. For instance, Hajime will be able to grow a bamboo stalk from the seed within seconds, whereas an oak tree would take much longer. Finally, it depends on what the status of the plant he is growing is. A seed would take longer than an already partly grown plant.

Although it takes a bit of concentration to do so, Hajime can push a plant beyond its natural limits. That isn't to say that he'll be making the World's Largest Pumpkins for years in a row, but a hardcore botanist will definitely notice that he gets bigger yields out of his plants than most people. He can slightly change certain attributes of a plant, such as how tough it is, but he can't make bannanas grow out of apple trees yet. He can also control where the plants grow precisely. He can basically make a tree in the shape of a corkscrew without any outside assistance, with the roots pointing straight up out of the ground. However, he can't bend existing tissue very well, unless it is soft like a vine or similar. He can also target specific areas of a plant and manipulate them, growing them, bending them, or in some cases killing them.

As a side effect of this ability, he can identify plants easily.

Physical Traits:
    -Tough hide: Due to life in the wild and liberal application of his abilities, his hide is tougher than most.
    -Wild fighter: Again, due to life in the wild, he learned how to fight. It may not be disciplined and graceful, but it works.
    -Athletic: This doesn't need explanation.

Mental Traits:
    -Reserved: He tends to restrain himself, in an attempt to make himself look normal.
    -Plant lover: He does enjoy plants a lot, often finding himself close to them.
    -Woodcarver: Pretty much what it says.
    -Self sufficient: He knows survival skills; how to forage, what herbs to use to heal, how to hunt, the works.

Notable Equipment:
    -Various pouches: Used to contain seeds and seedlings of plants and herbs of various sorts.
    -Seed implants: Various seed implants all over Hajime's body.
    Anybody have any comments on this?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Innis, just curious. Takeshi can switch to similar alternate realities, right? So does that mean he percieves everything in the fourth and fifth dimension in addition to the first three?

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520
    Firbolg in the Playground

He himself can't switch. He's in every possible timeline by his AIM field. So no, he can't precive other demensions because his AIM field is still only existant on the third.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Well, I guess that'd be best. If a third dimensional beings was suddenly able to see the fourth and fifth dimensions, they might go insane.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522

My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Carl Sagan's always awesome.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Well, not everyone is in the same establishment; There are three. The one which is busiest at the moment is called the Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri (Genuine Japanese Cuisine).
    Okay, thank you.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Halfling in the Playground

Added Rose to the wiki, though I seem to have some formatting issues.... ._. Yeah... not going to touch that. I have no clue. >.< Good enough, I guess. So, any suggestions on where I should introduce her in the IC?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

16. - Top - End - #526

At the highschool?
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Uhhh... question. What time does the school start at in the morning? For me, it's about 8:00, so that's what I'm putting in my post. It's subjected to change if the time is different.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    I'm like, 100% certain that Frozen Feet isn't talking about the BSA. But I'll let him elaborate at his discretion when he gets back, if he is so inclined.

At minimum, I'm fairly sure he is older than 18.
    I'm 20 and a rover scout of Finnish Scouts and Guides. I'm mostly an organizer of camps and activities at this point.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

Oooooh, Finland.

Btw I have a revised Seiko and his sister, Mitsu. I'll do the backstory later, but the gist of it is this: they come from a rich family (dead mother), evil step-mother comes, she gets the father in an "accident" (getting all the wealth), and moves the kids to Academy city. Sends money for them once a month.

Name: Seiko (Truth/Force) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: Nightmare Labyrinth
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School, Judgment

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Seiko has short dark blue hair, grey eyes, and glasses. He is a smart-casual kind of dresser. Seiko’s wardrobe consists of button-down shirts, slacks, ties, vests, and casual clothing (jeans and t-shirts). He wears his uniform normally at school. Since he is part of Judgment, Seiko wears the standard Judgment Armband.

Personality:
    Seiko is a pleasant person on the surface. Well-mannered, a smile for all, optimistic, and understanding person. On the inside, he is doubtful and pessimistic. He often doubts his work of putting others to “justice”. States that he has given up on humanity.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Optic Refraction
    Seiko’s ability is the power of bending light. He can create illusions, become invisible, or block out light completely. Most often used deceitfully.

Additional Uses:
    Seiko can focus ultraviolet rays on someone to give a tan or sunburn. However, it requires that the target doesn’t move too much and takes a significant amount of focus.

Physical Traits:
    Smiles – he’s rarely seen in public looking sad or angry. A type of poker face.
    Good looking – the girls like him. Not drop-dead gorgeous, just above average.
    Athleticism – average strength but has lots of stamina.
    Pragmatic fighter – when it gets down to a fight, he can be quite deadly. Not because he’s strong, but because he uses lethal techniques. Can also disarm and incapacitate threats easily due to Judgment training.

Mental Traits:
    Good grades – He’s smart.
    Tactical – Never engages head-on. Exploits weaknesses and uses surroundings.
    Enigmatic – Hard to tell what’s going on in his head.
    Sibling love – cares for his sister. Overprotective at times.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – basic everyday item for a teenager.
    Flashlight/laser pointer pen – can be used with his powers as an additional light source.
    Glasses – can be used as a medium to magnify his powers.
    Hidden weapons – Seiko’s ability makes it easy to hid things. Usually has either a stun gun, brass knuckles, or an air soft pistol (shoots bb’s).

Name: Mitsu (Light) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: ???
    Level: 4
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Mitsu is a shy girl. She has long blue hair and purple eyes. She wears the regular Onizuka uniform. When out of school, Mitsu often wears long skirts or dresses.

Personality:
    Mitsu is a timid and innocent girl. Though, she can be cutely stubborn at times. Mitsu takes some time to warm up to others. When she does, Mitsu is a loyal and caring friend. She sticks around Seiko a lot.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Repel (working name)
    Mitsu can choose a focal point inside her AIM field and repels anything of her choice from that point. She can change the size and shape of the repelling field.

Additional Uses:
    Most often used to repel attacks. Can be used to repel photons to create darkness and sounds to create silence. She can also use it to repel the ground so she can levitate. Can also be used to repel oxygen from a person so they suffocate.

Physical Traits:
    Athleticism – under average.
    Housework skills – good with chores and cooking.
    Good singer – can sing beautifully. Can get easily embarrassed though.

Mental Traits:
    Good memory – she has a large mental notepad.
    Observant – easily notices small minute details, although she may not know what they mean.
    Sibling love – really loves her brother.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – To contact her brother and vise versa.
    Frying pan – can be used to concoct a heavenly meal or beat up the occasional burglar.

I decided to not use character songs until I can find more fitting ones.
    Last edited by Arkturus; 2010-08-29 at 03:44 PM.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

*shyly walks in* Uhm... Hi. I'm not really good with rp's, not a lot of experience, but I was wondering if I could still join. If so, I'd really like help with a character of mine. Especially to balance it and to see what is and what isn't allowed.

I have played some free form roleplaying games before, but most of them would die after three weeks or so. Which makes it that I never got out of the 'beginner' stage of an rp.

So uh... I guess to make it easy I'll just post up the idea that I'd like to use (and need help with to balance it out) if I'm allowed to join. You see I've been wanting to play a character for a while that is able to control molecules. Me and a friend of mine had discussed what a character might be able to do after lots of training and practise, with some knowledge of how stuff works. Because we figures that one could speed molecules up, causing fire, but also slow them down, creating ice. Charge them to cause lightning, or split them apart. You know, that kind of stuff.

Now I know that a character like that, would be really powerful, hence my character wouldn't exactly be a happy go lucky person, since I want to make some form of mental toll on it. Using the powers would for example cause... bipolar disorder, or maybe sever depression, or at least something that makes the character really reluctant to use his/her powers, since it would mentally be very painful. The stronger/more powerful power he/she uses, the bigger the mental backlash. Also I'm not sure as to what level this would be or at what point of development the character would be, needing to develop those new skills or being an unstable weapon from the start.

But yeah... before even thinking about actually making a character, I should just hope that I can play along. So can I? And if I can, all help on building this character concept are much appreciated.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    *shyly walks in* Uhm... Hi. I'm not really good with rp's, not a lot of experience, but I was wondering if I could still join. If so, I'd really like help with a character of mine. Especially to balance it and to see what is and what isn't allowed.

I have played some free form roleplaying games before, but most of them would die after three weeks or so. Which makes it that I never got out of the 'beginner' stage of an rp.

So uh... I guess to make it easy I'll just post up the idea that I'd like to use (and need help with to balance it out) if I'm allowed to join. You see I've been wanting to play a character for a while that is able to control molecules. Me and a friend of mine had discussed what a character might be able to do after lots of training and practise, with some knowledge of how stuff works. Because we figures that one could speed molecules up, causing fire, but also slow them down, creating ice. Charge them to cause lightning, or split them apart. You know, that kind of stuff.

Now I know that a character like that, would be really powerful, hence my character wouldn't exactly be a happy go lucky person, since I want to make some form of mental toll on it. Using the powers would for example cause... bipolar disorder, or maybe sever depression, or at least something that makes the character really reluctant to use his/her powers, since it would mentally be very painful. The stronger/more powerful power he/she uses, the bigger the mental backlash. Also I'm not sure as to what level this would be or at what point of development the character would be, needing to develop those new skills or being an unstable weapon from the start.

But yeah... before even thinking about actually making a character, I should just hope that I can play along. So can I? And if I can, all help on building this character concept are much appreciated.
    Well, first of all, welcome.

Second of all, you do have two kidneys, right?

Okay, to the character. It does sound nice, but don't you think that it would be good to restrict it to adding/taking away heat or charging/uncharging?

Of course, it'd be best to check the wiki for the characters that are already made, so you know that you aren't butting in on someone else's power.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-08-29 at 03:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532
    Pixie in the Playground

No, Maximum Zersk we are not going to harvest do anything to her kidneys. This is supposed to be a friendly community where we help discuss the characters, settings, and rules of the RP. Don't worry Lillith, we'll help.

Also, I sorta think that your character's powers of molecular control are a little broke and overpowered. This can make more sense if she was a level 5 or a gemstone (had power at birth and therefore a powerful freak of nature). In fact, you might say that she can use alchemy like in Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkturus View Post
    No, Maximum Zersk we are not going to harvest do anything to her kidneys. This is supposed to be a friendly community where we help discuss the characters, settings, and rules of the RP. Don't worry Lillith, we'll help.

Also, I sorta think that your character's powers of molecular control are a little broke and overpowered. This can make more sense if she was a level 5 or a gemstone (had power at birth and therefore a powerful freak of nature). In fact, you might say that she can use alchemy like in Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Not me that's harvesting kidneys.

>.>

-Clap-

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well to be honest, I wouldn't mind playing a bit of an unstable freak of nature for a change. My characters have always been happy go lucky cheery people. I'd like to play a person with powers either beyond their control or so big they become unstable because of it. Perhaps the school could have given her some device that she has to keep with her to keep her levels suppressed to a lower level of what they are? Till she learns to control them, might make nice char development?

Sorry if I sound like and idiot, I really have no experience with char creation outside of 'hi I'm cheery and pleasant and nice '.

Edit: Oh, guess my mind at least decided it's going to be a she. ^^"
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-08-29 at 04:01 PM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Oooooh, Finland.

Btw I have a revised Seiko and his sister, Mitsu. I'll do the backstory later, but the gist of it is this: they come from a rich family (dead mother), evil step-mother comes, she kills the father (getting all the wealth), and kicks out the kids to Academy city. Sends money for them once a month.

Name: Seiko (Truth/Force) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: Nightmare Labyrinth
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School, Judgment

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Seiko has short dark blue hair, grey eyes, and glasses. He is a smart-casual kind of dresser. Seiko’s wardrobe consists of button-down shirts, slacks, ties, vests, and casual clothing (jeans and t-shirts). He wears his uniform normally at school. Since he is part of Judgment, Seiko wears the standard Judgment Armband.

Personality:
    Seiko is a pleasant person on the surface. Well-mannered, a smile for all, optimistic, and understanding person. On the inside, he is doubtful and pessimistic. He often doubts his work of putting others to “justice”. States that he has given up on humanity.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Optic Refraction
    Seiko’s ability is the power of bending light. He can create illusions, become invisible, or block out light completely. Most often used deceitfully.

Additional Uses:
    Seiko can focus ultraviolet rays on someone to give a tan or sunburn. However, it requires that the target doesn’t move too much and takes a significant amount of focus.

Physical Traits:
    Smiles – he’s rarely seen in public looking sad or angry. A type of poker face.
    Good looking – the girls like him. Not drop-dead gorgeous, just above average.
    Athleticism – average strength but has lots of stamina.
    Pragmatic fighter – when it gets down to a fight, he can be quite deadly. Not because he’s strong, but because he uses lethal techniques. Can also disarm and incapacitate threats easily due to Judgment training.

Mental Traits:
    Good grades – He’s smart.
    Tactical – Never engages head-on. Exploits weaknesses and uses surroundings.
    Enigmatic – Hard to tell what’s going on in his head.
    Sibling love – cares for his sister. Overprotective at times.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – basic everyday item for a teenager.
    Flashlight/laser pointer pen – can be used with his powers as an additional light source.
    Glasses – can be used as a medium to magnify his powers.
    Hidden weapons – Seiko’s ability makes it easy to hid things. Usually has either a stun gun, brass knuckles, or an air soft pistol (shoots bb’s).

Name: Mitsu (Light) Intoku (Concealment)
    Aliases: ???
    Level: 4
    Groups: Onizuka Middle School

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:
    Mitsu is a shy girl. She has long blue hair and purple eyes. She wears the regular Onizuka uniform. When out of school, Mitsu often wears long skirts or dresses.

Personality:
    Mitsu is a timid and innocent girl. Though, she can be cutely stubborn at times. Mitsu takes some time to warm up to others. When she does, Mitsu is a loyal and caring friend. She sticks around Seiko a lot.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Repel (working name)
    Mitsu can choose a focal point inside her AIM field and repels anything of her choice from that point. She can change the size and shape of the repelling field.

Additional Uses:
    Most often used to repel attacks. Can be used to repel photons to create darkness and sounds to create silence. She can also use it to repel the ground so she can levitate. Can also be used to repel oxygen from a person so they suffocate.

Physical Traits:
    Athleticism – under average.
    Housework skills – good with chores and cooking.
    Good singer – can sing beautifully. Can get easily embarrassed though.

Mental Traits:
    Good memory – she has a large mental notepad.
    Observant – easily notices small minute details, although she may not know what they mean.
    Sibling love – really loves her brother.

Notable Equipment:
    Cell phone – To contact her brother and vise versa.
    Frying pan – can be used to concoct a heavenly meal or beat up the occasional burglar.

I decided to not use character songs until I can find more fitting ones.
    Okay, only a few issues here. Firstly, we do already have a character who controls light. Luckily she does it in quite a different way to Seiko, but there is still some chance of overlap. Also, Seiko's power seem a little too flexible and controlled for a level 3 Esper. At first glance any of the three listed examples of its use would be potent enough on their own. Having all three at once (plus any others that are added later) gives him an arsenal of tricks that most other level 3s would envy.

Secondly, just how absolute is Mitsu's Repel ability? According to her sheet it can at least repel light, sound and 'attacks'; What exactly does it mean by 'attacks'? If she's literally capable of repelling anything that comes at her (barring being overwhelmed by sheer quantity) then that could be a problem. The sentence about repelling the ground is also a little confusing; If the ground is the thing being repelled, why does that let her levitate while the Earth stays still?

As a side note, are you aware that we already have a pair of Esper siblings in the game? Obviously there's nothing to stop there from being another, but it's the sort of thing that you might want to know in advance.

26. - Top - End - #536

It is a continued running gag created by one of our founding members that many of our newer (but still older) blood continue.
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #537

Basically, he/she/it/the duck-robot harvests a kidney. No asking why. I cheated out of it...but then everyone ganged up on me!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post

First, hello and welcome. And of course you can! This game is (as my banner indicates ) always recruiting new players. *gives a t-shirt with Academy City written on it with button*. Also, there's plenty of helpful people about to help you make a character but, to do that, need the answer to one question...how familiar are you with the Railgun/Index setting?

But, unfortunately, this power isn't quite a good fit for the game because...well...I hate to use the term but it's broken within the context of this setting. Usually you'll see an esper have the ability to do just one of the things that you described, not all of them. We actually have a pyrokinetic and electricity using character in the game already, and (As is) yours would overshadow them both because he/she/it can do what they do...and then some. Do you see what the problem is here? ^_^;;

Backlash aside (and I do appreciate that you thought to include something like that), the ability is simply too broad for anything below a Level 5 or the mythical (as in non-existent within this game) Level 6. As Arkturus suggested, I will too, try to narrow down their focus a bit more.

And welcome again.

No, Maximum Zersk we are not going to harvest do anything to her kidneys.
    Speak for yourself.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #539

Do it Callos do it...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #540

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Name: Hazuma Takeshi
    Aliases: The Continuum Shift, Black Cat
    Level: 2 (Though on Review, his level has been debated to raise to level 3)
    Group: Judgment

Description

Takeshi is a standard youth, though slightly thin and seems almost nervous or expectant at all times. Takeshi is a rather typical looking boy of average height, with long black hair pulled back into a pony tail, though his bangs fall into his face constantly. He tends to be outspoken and loud and is widely known as a prankster in both Judgement and his Highschool both. Takeshi doesn’t talk about his home life much, though his teachers and Captain in Judgment know that his mother died early on in his life.

Though Takeshi is a member of Judgement, he is quite well known to be a bit of a slacker, working only when it's absolutly required of him, though when on a mission he's equally well known for going to extreme lengths to complete each job throughly, persuing secondary jobs linked up with the original mission. Due to his power, Takeshi's involvement in any given mission has a high chance of causing considerable colateral damage, even if he didn't intend to.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Continuum Shift

Takeshi’s AIM field exists as a singularity, intersecting all possible realities instantly and constantly. This power can either manifest as a conscious power or act on its own subconsciously depending on the time the power is used. Most often Continuum Shift is on its subconscious level, affecting the world around him in strange, sometimes good sometimes bad ways. To the casual observer, Takeshi’s power seems to be one of luck and chance, though this is far from the truth. In reality, Takeshi’s power is based around causality, pulling events and objects from other worlds he intersects into his own world. At this time, the power in its subconscious state can only cause minor occurrences; shifting him to sometimes disastrous end results (like winding up in the girls change room). Causing events drains Takeshi of his energy depending on how big an event he is attempting to cause is. Minor things such as locks changing to unlocked states, or punches missing take a moderate level of thought and energy, while stopping cars from hitting him, or other such large scale disasters drain him swiftly.

As a Gemstone, Takeshi’s AIM Field is stronger than artificially created Espers. This also means he is easier to detect by his AIM field.

Physical Traits

Tough: Due to the world seemingly acting out against him most times, Takeshi has become a rather tough kid, capable of taking more than a few punches.

Karate: Takeshi is a practitioner of the Ishin Ryu school of Karate, receiving his brown belt before

Mental Traits

High Alert: Takeshi notices changes in his surroundings almost even before they happen. This is also a drawback, as Takeshi seems almost paranoid or dodgy.

Speed Formulation: Because of his subconscious power, Takeshi has become adept at thinking on his feet at all times, and in combination to his high alertness, never seems out of his element or taken by surprise even by sudden changes in his surroundings.

Sign Language: Takeshi has a fairly good knowledge of sign language

Notable Equipment: While Takeshi is not known to carry too much on his person at a time (either because they disappear by latent shifts in realities or because he forgoes traveling heavy is uncertain)

Cigarettes: Takeshi is never without a pack of cigarettes. He is even known to use his power to refill his pack when it becomes empty.

Cell Phone: Takeshi is always in possession of a phone, though the number changes randomly as does the phone, so it is more important as a mode to contact other people, not for return calls. Those who attempt to do this every now and again will reach other phone owners from around Japan.
    Updated character sheet. Will give my thoughts on the other stuff soon-ish
    My Current Works