New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

She could still text him. Which would be hard to impossible since his cell phone keeps changing.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Pixie in the Playground

But in Japan (as far as I know) text messaging is email based. Therefore, even if the number changes, as long as it's that person's email it should get through.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

3. - Top - End - #573

Don't destroy the comedy!
    My Current Works

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mongoose View Post
    Holy cow, I'm playing a girl!

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Hazuma Alanna
    Aliases: Ala, Ala-chan
    Level: 2
    Groups: Onizuka(?) High School

Description:

Appearance: Ala is fairly average for a girl her age, though slightly on the short side. She also has a tendency of slouching slightly in a shy manner, so it’s hard to tell exactly how tall she is. Her hair is naturally a platinum blond, reaching just past her shoulders, though it is usually held up and away from her face somehow. She has large blue eyes and delicate facial features that generally give her a youthful, innocent sort of look.
    While she occasionally wears a few pieces of jewelry; bracelets, earrings or the like; it is always modest and in moderation. Similarly when out of school, her clothing tends to be modest and uninteresting.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: One would describe Ala as a quiet person, which makes sense considering her inability to speak. However the rest of her personality seems to follow suit. Ala comes off as shy, easily flustered, and generally rather naïve.
    She can however occasionally be seen to show a bit of spark and attitude, mainly when having to scold Takeshi for something, though with frantic signing and chiding looks in lieu of actual verbal scolding.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Mend
    Ala’s power is known as Mend, allowing her to return broken or damaged objects to their previously undamaged or original state by re-arranging its original molecular structure. To effectively use this power, Ala requires a base knowledge of the original make up of the object. The more complex an object is the more energy it takes from Ala to return it to its original state.
    This power can heal wounds on organic objects, though it takes a considerable amount of energy to accomplish. Ala requires all, or at most the majority, of the original pieces of the object or several similar objects pieces to recreate an object. This requirement does not fall on biological matter.

Physical Traits:
    Mute
    Sign language: Alanna is completely fluent in various forms of sign language.

Mental Traits:
    Meek

Notable Equipment:
    iPad: Alanna tends to carry this with her wherever she goes, so that she can write out notes to people who do not know sign language, or when she is without an interpreter.

Notebook and pen:
    She carries this in the event that she doesn’t have her iPad with her, or in case it is more convenient

A kick scooter: When on her own, Ala tends to use this to get around!
    Spoiler
    Show

Cell phone: Used mostly to receive messages from Takeshi, as given his power, she isn’t always able to return calls or texts when his number continues to change.
    Good grief, it's the anti-Jirou...

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

I'M SO SORRY!!!! (please don't harvest my kidneys)
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly, Innis isn't allowed to harvest kidneys.

Just remember that Comedy>Reality.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Silly, Innis isn't allowed to harvest kidneys.
    Actually I am, according to both Callos and 13.
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Isn't always able? This would imply that she could return a call, being mute.

Pointless nitpicking aside, I like her. Even if I was thinking up a mute character before. (I have since gone with something else)
    Haha, you are correct, she could never really call him to begin with.. XD Should have worded that better >.>

And I admit I had no idea if texting was different in Japan. Perhaps his e-mail changes? XD Poor Takeshi.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mongoose View Post
    Holy cow, I'm playing a girl!

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Hazuma Alanna
    Aliases: Ala, Ala-chan
    Level: 2
    Groups: Onizuka(?) High School

Description:

Appearance: Ala is fairly average for a girl her age, though slightly on the short side. She also has a tendency of slouching slightly in a shy manner, so it’s hard to tell exactly how tall she is. Her hair is naturally a platinum blond, reaching just past her shoulders, though it is usually held up and away from her face somehow. She has large blue eyes and delicate facial features that generally give her a youthful, innocent sort of look.
    While she occasionally wears a few pieces of jewelry; bracelets, earrings or the like; it is always modest and in moderation. Similarly when out of school, her clothing tends to be modest and uninteresting.

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: One would describe Ala as a quiet person, which makes sense considering her inability to speak. However the rest of her personality seems to follow suit. Ala comes off as shy, easily flustered, and generally rather naïve.
    She can however occasionally be seen to show a bit of spark and attitude, mainly when having to scold Takeshi for something, though with frantic signing and chiding looks in lieu of actual verbal scolding.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Mend
    Ala’s power is known as Mend, allowing her to return broken or damaged objects to their previously undamaged or original state by re-arranging its original molecular structure. To effectively use this power, Ala requires a base knowledge of the original make up of the object. The more complex an object is the more energy it takes from Ala to return it to its original state.
    This power can heal wounds on organic objects, though it takes a considerable amount of energy to accomplish. Ala requires all, or at most the majority, of the original pieces of the object or several similar objects pieces to recreate an object. This requirement does not fall on biological matter.

Physical Traits:
    Mute
    Sign language: Alanna is completely fluent in various forms of sign language.

Mental Traits:
    Meek

Notable Equipment:
    iPad: Alanna tends to carry this with her wherever she goes, so that she can write out notes to people who do not know sign language, or when she is without an interpreter.

Notebook and pen:
    She carries this in the event that she doesn’t have her iPad with her, or in case it is more convenient

A kick scooter: When on her own, Ala tends to use this to get around!
    Spoiler
    Show

Cell phone: Used mostly to receive messages from Takeshi, as given his power, she isn’t always able to return calls or texts when his number continues to change.
    Interesting...

My main question for her power is this: how close must the pieces of the damaged inorganic object be to the object for the power to work?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Interesting...

My main question for her power is this: how close must the pieces of the damaged inorganic object be to the object for the power to work?
    I'd say probably fairly close at the moment, especially considering she's only a level 2.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so here is my first try out for my telepath. I hope the history isn´t a problem, else I´ll change it. I just thought it might be a fun idea to have an Esper who isn´t really used to the ways of Academy City. Figuring that there probably isn´t a lot of Esper help outside of Academy City.

Family Name
    Walker
    Given Name Jane
    Aliases none
    Level 3
    Gender Female
    Age 15

Appearance
    Jane has shoulder length brown hair, while wearing a uniform matching headband. Her eyes are a dark green, that gives you the feeling she’s seeing right into your head. She has silver earrings in her ears and is about 170cm. At home she prefers to wear jeans and a lose sitting shirt. Overall Jane is fairly attractive, though not abnormally good looking.

Personality
    Jane is a sweet soft spoken person. Due to having read the minds of her parents and doctors a lot, she has gotten the believe that everybody is out for themselves and feels that people only like her powers for their own use. However, she feels like if she cannot trust anybody, she well just end up alone and hence is trying to show herself this believe is untrue, without using her powers.
    Overall Jane is reluctant to use her powers. Feeling it invades other people’s privacy. She has picked up archery and swimming again, which she uses to unwind and relax. When something bothers Jane though, she is unlikely to speak out and usually keeps it to herself. This might lead eventually to her bursting out all of a sudden when pushed to far.

At school Jane tries her best to maintain good grades and doesn’t mind working hard for something she wants.

Esper Ability: Open Mind
    Spoiler
    Show

Basic Function
    Open Mind in the most primitive form can be seen as Jane being the universal receiver for thoughts and memories that happen to across through someone’s time at the moment, like an antenna. She will experience these as if they were her own, in her own head. With practice and training Jane can turn off this transmitter and even send out signals of her own, interfering with their minds like a radio jamming signal. This power however seems to only work on humans. Due to the pressure this ability gave her when it was out of control, Jane was forced to either learn how to use them quickly or collapse under the burden. Leading to her reaching level 3 in just a few years, but having been stuck on that level for a long time.
    Level 0
    Able to read shallow memories and thoughts. Not able to ´shut it off´ (works on immediate surroundings)
    Level 1
    Able to read thoughts and memories. Can control this ability. (works on about a 500 meter radius)
    Level 2
    Able to read thoughts and memories and force her way into someone’s mind. Results in being able to communicate with the target. (works on 1 Kilometre radius)
    Level 3
    Able to read thoughts and memories and slightly able to change memories (Like making someone forget that stupid thing you just said or where they put their keys) and emotions (a person in front of you is mad at you, but you can calm him down). (works on a 3 Kilometre radius)
    Level 4
    All of the above but adding ability to influence a persons memory seriously. Creating fake memories or deleting existent ones. (works on a 7,5 Kilometre radius)
    Level 5
    Reading peoples memories and thoughts, brainwashing, telepathy, memory elimination, amplification of will, reproduction of thought and transplantation of emotions. (works on a 15 Kilometre radius)

Other Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Physical Traits
    Swimmers physique: Due to swimming a lot, Jane has a healthy body and some endurance.
    Cluts: Jane is extremely self aware and easily embarrassed. She easily trips, knocks things over or says the wrong thing.

Mental Traits

Universal understanding: Due to her powers, Jane can instinctively understand all languages. However this doesn’t allow her to write, speak or read it. She can only understand speech.

Slight Paranoia
    : Due to her parents, Jane has a bit of a trouble trusting people. This makes it very tempting for her to double check whatever people tell her and to see if they don’t have hidden motives. However because she wants to learn how to trust, this is more a constant battle of not doing it.

Book wurm: Jane loves books and sees them as a way to focus her mind away from the constant temptation of reading other people’s worlds. Though the love of books might come from the fact that she spend most of her life in a book store. She can come across as quite a know it all, because ‘she read in a book once….’
    Good aim: Due to her skills in archery, Jane has a good aim.

Notable Equipment:
    Uniform: Except at home, Jane wears her uniform, having heard this was a requirement of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Hello Kitty Bagpack
    : Jane carries a big backpack with her that usually contains some schoolbooks, her wallet, food/drink, swim clothes and a towel.

Japanese for Dummies book: Jane tries very hard to grasp the language of speaking/reading/writing Japanese.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Jane hails from a well to do family from Britain. She was born and raised in London, where her dad had a small business in books. While her parents were loving, they kept pushing her to do better in school, sports and whatever else they could think off. Having a general ‘suck it up’ mentality if Jane was bothered by anything, like sickness.

At the age of 10, Jane started to begin hearing voices. First only few and as distant whispers, but over a span of weeks they multiplied and louder. Even though she tried to ignore them at first, Jane’s life became more and more obstructed by it, due to the fact that she couldn’t focus or even think. Having read about the disease Schizophrenia, it took her a year before she got the courage to tell her parents.

Their instant reaction was that Jane was making it up, but after some convincing they got her tested by various doctors. For another 3 years, Jane was visiting hospitals and doctors while struggling to keep up her good grades in school, but had to drop out of her two favourite hobbies, which were archery and swimming.

It was during this time though that Jane started to get a grasp on these voices and learned how to ‘turn them off’ and eventually even seemed to show signs of using them in different ways, sparking the idea in a doctor that she might be an ESPER. It took another 2 years of testing before anybody had a decent understanding about Jane and her abilities, prompting her parents to send her to Japan. Where they heard was a school that would help her strengthen her powers and learn how to develop and control them.

Happy to finally being able to control her powers and getting help soon to develop them, Jane was scarred in her trust in people. During her years under testing, she had learned how her parents saw her powers as a way to gain ranks in British society, while doctors saw her as a case to get a promotion on.

Jane has just been admitted to Academy City and while able to manage the lessons (as long as the teacher explains the material to her and she doesn’t need to read a book), Jane only knows some basic Japanese through a steam course.

In any case, feedback appreciated, let me know if anything is too much or needs to be changed.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Okay, so here is my first try out for my telepath. I hope the history isn´t a problem, else I´ll change it. I just thought it might be a fun idea to have an Esper who isn´t really used to the ways of Academy City. Figuring that there probably isn´t a lot of Esper help outside of Academy City.
    Spoiler
    Show

Family Name
    Walker
    Given Name Jane
    Aliases none
    Level 3
    Gender Female
    Age 15

Appearance
    Jane has shoulder length brown hair, while wearing a uniform matching headband. Her eyes are a dark green, that gives you the feeling she’s seeing right into your head. She has silver earrings in her ears and is about 170cm. At home she prefers to wear jeans and a lose sitting shirt. Overall Jane is fairly attractive, though not abnormally good looking.

Personality
    Jane is a sweet soft spoken person. Due to having read the minds of her parents and doctors a lot, she has gotten the believe that everybody is out for themselves and feels that people only like her powers for their own use. However, she feels like if she cannot trust anybody, she well just end up alone and hence is trying to show herself this believe is untrue, without using her powers.
    Overall Jane is reluctant to use her powers. Feeling it invades other people’s privacy. She has picked up archery and swimming again, which she uses to unwind and relax. When something bothers Jane though, she is unlikely to speak out and usually keeps it to herself. This might lead eventually to her bursting out all of a sudden when pushed to far.

At school Jane tries her best to maintain good grades and doesn’t mind working hard for something she wants.

Spoiler
    Show

Basic Function
    Open Mind in the most primitive form can be seen as Jane being the universal receiver for thoughts and memories that happen to across through someone’s time at the moment, like an antenna. She will experience these as if they were her own, in her own head. With practice and training Jane can turn off this transmitter and even send out signals of her own, interfering with their minds like a radio jamming signal. This power however seems to only work on humans. Due to the pressure this ability gave her when it was out of control, Jane was forced to either learn how to use them quickly or collapse under the burden. Leading to her reaching level 3 in just a few years, but having been stuck on that level for a long time.
    Level 0
    Able to read shallow memories and thoughts. Not able to ´shut it off´ (works on immediate surroundings)
    Level 1
    Able to read thoughts and memories. Can control this ability. (works on about a 500 meter radius)
    Level 2
    Able to read thoughts and memories and force her way into someone’s mind. Results in being able to communicate with the target. (works on 1 Kilometre radius)
    Level 3
    Able to read thoughts and memories and slightly able to change memories (Like making someone forget that stupid thing you just said or where they put their keys) and emotions (a person in front of you is mad at you, but you can calm him down). (works on a 3 Kilometre radius)
    Level 4
    All of the above but adding ability to influence a persons memory seriously. Creating fake memories or deleting existent ones. (works on a 7,5 Kilometre radius)
    Level 5
    Reading peoples memories and thoughts, brainwashing, telepathy, memory elimination, amplification of will, reproduction of thought and transplantation of emotions. (works on a 15 Kilometre radius)

Other Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Physical Traits
    Swimmers physique: Due to swimming a lot, Jane has a healthy body and some endurance.
    Cluts: Jane is extremely self aware and easily embarrassed. She easily trips, knocks things over or says the wrong thing.

Mental Traits

Universal understanding: Due to her powers, Jane can instinctively understand all languages. However this doesn’t allow her to write, speak or read it. She can only understand speech.

Slight Paranoia
    : Due to her parents, Jane has a bit of a trouble trusting people. This makes it very tempting for her to double check whatever people tell her and to see if they don’t have hidden motives. However because she wants to learn how to trust, this is more a constant battle of not doing it.

Book wurm: Jane loves books and sees them as a way to focus her mind away from the constant temptation of reading other people’s worlds. Though the love of books might come from the fact that she spend most of her life in a book store. She can come across as quite a know it all, because ‘she read in a book once….’

Notable Equipment:
    Uniform: Except at home, Jane wears her uniform, having heard this was a requirement of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Hello Kitty Bagpack
    : Jane carries a big backpack with her that usually contains some schoolbooks, her wallet, food/drink, swim clothes and a towel.

Japanese for Dummies book: Jane tries very hard to grasp the language of speaking/reading/writing Japanese.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Jane hails from a well to do family from Britain. She was born and raised in London, where her dad had a small business in books. While her parents were loving, they kept pushing her to do better in school, sports and whatever else they could think off. Having a general ‘suck it up’ mentality if Jane was bothered by anything, like sickness.

At the age of 10, Jane started to begin hearing voices. First only few and as distant whispers, but over a span of weeks they multiplied and louder. Even though she tried to ignore them at first, Jane’s life became more and more obstructed by it, due to the fact that she couldn’t focus or even think. Having read about the disease Schizophrenia, it took her a year before she got the courage to tell her parents.

Their instant reaction was that Jane was making it up, but after some convincing they got her tested by various doctors. For another 3 years, Jane was visiting hospitals and doctors while struggling to keep up her good grades in school, but had to drop out of her two favourite hobbies, which were archery and swimming.

It was during this time though that Jane started to get a grasp on these voices and learned how to ‘turn them off’ and eventually even seemed to show signs of using them in different ways, sparking the idea in a doctor that she might be an ESPER. It took another 2 years of testing before anybody had a decent understanding about Jane and her abilities, prompting her parents to send her to Japan. Where they heard was a school that would help her strengthen her powers and learn how to develop and control them.

Happy to finally being able to control her powers and getting help soon to develop them, Jane was scarred in her trust in people. During her years under testing, she had learned how her parents saw her powers as a way to gain ranks in British society, while doctors saw her as a case to get a promotion on.

Jane has just been admitted to Academy City and while able to manage the lessons (as long as the teacher explains the material to her and she doesn’t need to read a book), Jane only knows some basic Japanese through a steam course.

In any case, feedback appreciated, let me know if anything is too much or needs to be changed.
    Her general traits seem fine, although there might be one or two problems with her history. You see, the vast majority of Espers gain their powers through a secret training program that's exclusive to Academy City. The few who gain their powers naturally are called Gemstones, and are very rare. As such Gemstones are practically the only way for other countries to possess Espers of their own, since only Academy City has the ability to awaken them artificially. Since that's the case, it seems odd that the government of Britain would have let Jane go to Academy City instead of keeping her for their own personal use. Still, there are plenty of ways to explain that point given a little thought.

Regarding Open Mind, how easy is it for her to read someone's thoughts and memories? What steps are necessary to initiate contact, and how deep and enduring is it when established? Is there any way for a target to resist?

Edit: By the way, does anyone else think we that its about time for the next day to start? The events in the cafes are nice, but at this rate the beginning of school isn't going to come for another OOC day or two at least. Anyway, since the cafe scenes still have a while to go, why don't we do a partial timeskip to the next morning? That way school can start on schedule while the other scenes can take their own time wrapping up.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-08-30 at 01:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Good grief, it's the anti-Jirou...
    I think his power would negate her's, mostly because a simple gust of wind makes anything he deconstrutes impossible to reform at her current level.
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #584

Her general traits seem fine, although there might be one or two problems with her history. You see, the vast majority of Espers gain their powers through a secret training program that's exclusive to Academy City. The few who gain their powers naturally are called Gemstones, and are very rare. As such Gemstones are practically the only way for other countries to possess Espers of their own, since only Academy City has the ability to awaken them artificially. Since that's the case, it seems odd that the government of Britain would have let Jane go to Academy City instead of keeping her for their own personal use. Still, there are plenty of ways to explain that point given a little thought.

Regarding Open Mind, how easy is it for her to read someone's thoughts and memories? What steps are necessary to initiate contact, and how deep and enduring is it when established? Is there any way for a target to resist?
    Hmmm, good point. On the first subject, is there perhaps a way that her family could have expected something and send her there? I'd still like to play foreign student, though I can make her more well known with the environment then.

As on Open Minds resistance. I'm figuring other telepaths can naturally block her powers. I'm thinking Jane will at least have contact with a target to actually go inside their mind and do things. Like talking, know their uh... AIM? a bit. She can't just randomly pick out a person she has never met and doesn't know who they are etc. So if a char asks her what another char thinks of her, but Jane never met them etc. then she wouldn't be able to.

Open Mind allows her to pick up shallow thoughts when just passing by a person, being an open antenna so to speak. She could walk in a park and hear the people around her thinking about what to eat or if they left the oven on. But she'd have to start some contact with a person at least once to actually being able to do something.

As to other Espers resisting her, I'm guessing the stronger the mind the more trouble they would give her and perhaps even block her transmissions?
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I think his power would negate her's, mostly because a simple gust of wind makes anything he deconstrutes impossible to reform at her current level.
    Oh yes, their power levels are too different at the moment to be evenly matched, but I wasn't thinking of her as a potential arch-nemesis. It was just amusing to me that the character who possesses the opposite version of Jirou's power would also be opposite to him in most other ways as well.

Hmmm, good point. On the first subject, is there perhaps a way that her family could have expected something and send her there? I'd still like to play foreign student, though I can make her more well known with the environment then.
    There are certainly a few ways to explain it, yes. One possibility would be to have the transfer be part of some larger power play; A movement of pawns in the game between Britain and University City. If she was being offered to Japan in exchange for some service (or being extorted through leverage) then that would account for her presence from the political viewpoint.

There's also the option of her having travelled across the seas illegally. Perhaps her parents had good reason to believe she'd be safer in Japan than on home soil, and so smuggled her out in secret. Maybe she somehow escaped on her own, stowing away on some vessel before the authorities found out about her abilities. Whatever the method, Academy City would most likely welcome her with open arms once she arrived; One more rogue Gemstone brought under their sphere of influence.

And those are just two examples. If neither of them suit your vision there's bound to be one that does. It's just a case of giving it a little thought.

As on Open Minds resistance. I'm figuring other telepaths can naturally block her powers. I'm thinking Jane will at least have contact with a target to actually go inside their mind and do things. Like talking, know their uh... AIM? a bit. She can't just randomly pick out a person she has never met and doesn't know who they are etc. So if a char asks her what another char thinks of her, but Jane never met them etc. then she wouldn't be able to.

Open Mind allows her to pick up shallow thoughts when just passing by a person, being an open antenna so to speak. She could walk in a park and hear the people around her thinking about what to eat or if they left the oven on. But she'd have to start some contact with a person at least once to actually being able to do something.

As to other Espers resisting her, I'm guessing the stronger the mind the more trouble they would give her and perhaps even block her transmissions?
    That all sounds quite reasonable.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-08-30 at 02:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem of Gemstone is one reason I was against their inclusion.
    Since it is a case of only other countries to have access to Gemstone (though very rare- maybe only 50 in world), it is part of plot that Academy City sends their forces out for such a reason to secure this for their research. Some of this is the reason of World War III in the story.

Japan and Academy City are not the same thing, though Academy City is in Japan. To make a kind of deal of 'pawn' with Britain does not make sense because it is Academy City's technology superiority and control of Espers which is it's powerfulness.

Of course this character if from Britain maybe was brought. But a lot of this depends 'what is the story of our game world?' which I don't know.
    Maybe it is a very different one than the books.

Only to just see this last 2 posts, I maybe have missed a lot of talk recently.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

17. - Top - End - #587

First of all, sorry about the Gemstone thing. Besides two episodes of Index I don't really know a lot about this series, though I've read some of the wiki by now. Still I didn't really have a clear idea of what a Gemstone actually was.

If it is allowed, I'd like to go with the 'Britain exchanges Jane for technology' or something if this allowed. Most importantly because this would give Jane even more of a feeling of people just using her powers for their own needs. I can even add some formal education in there? If not, I'll try to come up with some other idea to her past. But the "If she was being offered to Japan in exchange for some service (or being extorted through leverage)" idea really appeals to me.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Couldn't it be fixed by having her go through the Power Curriculum program while still having citizenship in Britain?

Slip ups like that happen and it would still make for same political struggle and agreement without having her be a gemstone
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

First of all, sorry about the Gemstone thing. Besides two episodes of Index I don't really know a lot about this series, though I've read some of the wiki by now. Still I didn't really have a clear idea of what a Gemstone actually was.

If it is allowed, I'd like to go with the 'Britain exchanges Jane for technology' or something if this allowed. Most importantly because this would give Jane even more of a feeling of people just using her powers for their own needs. I can even add some formal education in there? If not, I'll try to come up with some other idea to her past. But the "If she was being offered to Japan in exchange for some service (or being extorted through leverage)" idea really appeals to me.
    It's entirely possible that Jane could have been offered to Academy City in exchange for information, technology, or even just a couple of favors that can be called in at a later date. Important to remember it doesn't STRICTLY have to do with espers (that Academy City is offering back) because it has other advantages it can offer to other foreign powers.

On Open Mind, I would ask for some clarification on how control/tampering is established and such. At ranges of even 3 kilometer, she'll be able to affect things far beyond her ability to actually see (barring electronic help). Can she establish control, communicate, etc at this range or merely maintain a pre-establish connection at that range?

My suggestion on it would be that she needs to be within close range (Off hand I'd say less then fifty feet, but subject to adjustment) to establish a connection to someone, but the 3 kilometers is the 'control' radius. She can't try to control someone or manipulate someone outside of 50 ft, but if she already is then it can go much further.

On 'how to resist', I would say the farther someone is from her, the easier it is to fight/resist her control, but the closer they are the harder it is to resist. Maybe think up a range were her control is just average but going farther starts to weaken it while closer makes it stronger? I mean, that's how most signals work...farther away it gets, the weaker it is while the closer you get the more sure/powerful it becomes.

Otherwise, Jane looks pretty good. ^_^ Should get along well with Jack.

And, one minor background note for you Lilith (and you Moon ), students at Tokiwadai seem to be required to stay in one of the two dorms. I only say this because most of the students can obviously afford their own places, but remain in the dorms. If nothing else, it gives free housing and puts you in closer proximity to the other players. Plus, then you get a room-mate.

@Silver: Yeah, probably a good idea to begin wrapping this day up soon. 13 and I both have plotish stuff planned for tomorrow.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #590

Okay I think I´ve gotten all the feedback and made some changes to both the history and added some sections with more explanation about the powers.

Spoiler
    Show

Family Name Walker
    Given Name Jane
    Aliases none
    Level 3
    Gender Female
    Age 15

Appearance
    Personality

Basic Function
    Level 0
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Able to read thoughts and memories and force her way into someone’s mind. Results in being able to communicate with the target. (Establishing a connection due to direct contact, but can keep an already established connection up for a 1 Kilometre radius)
    Level 3
    Able to read thoughts and memories and slightly able to change memories (Like making someone forget that stupid thing you just said or where they put their keys) and emotions (a person in front of you is mad at you, but you can calm him down). (Establishing a connection in 5 meter radius, but can keep an already established connection up for a 3 Kilometre radius)
    Level 4
    All of the above but adding ability to influence a persons memory seriously. Creating fake memories or deleting existent ones. (Establishing a connection in 10 meter radius, but can keep an already established connection up for a 7,5 Kilometre radius)
    Level 5
    Reading peoples memories and thoughts, brainwashing, telepathy, memory elimination, amplification of will, reproduction of thought and transplantation of emotions. (Establishing a connection in 15 meter radius, but can keep an already established connection up for a 15 Kilometre radius)
    Other information about Open Mind
    Jane is only able to start a connection with a person when she has actually met them. While she can hear superficial thoughts while passing by people, if she doesn´t know a person (for example by talking to them, or knowing their AIM) she can’t influence them. If a connection has been made (meaning Jane I.E. has influenced someone’s memory) she can keep this up for an extended radius around it. To make a connection, the person has to be either touched or in a direct surroundings of her, which varies on her level.
    For short: To actually influence a person, Jane needs to know this person and has to be in close proximity of said person. Once the influencing connection has been established, she can keep it up for a wider area.
    The strength of Jane’s signal starts to drop after the target has crossed the ‘50% radius’. So if Jane is level 5, her influence over a person will drop once he is more then 7,5 kilometers away from her.
    Espers have an easier time to fight Jane’s influence then normal humans. Also the further someone away is from Jane, the weaker the connection will be. Also Jane will have trouble influencing fellow telepaths, due to their similar powers.
    If a person however is willing to give access to their mind, she can do whatever this person allows her to do. Someone could for example ask her to wipe out a grievous memory, it is unknown if such a willing wiping of the memory has any lasting effects. For nobody has been willing to do this.

Other Traits
    Physical Traits
    Mental Traits

Slight Paranoia: Due to her parents, Jane has a bit of a trouble trusting people. This makes it very tempting for her to double check whatever people tell her and to see if they don’t have hidden motives. However because she wants to learn how to trust, this is more a constant battle of not doing it.

Notable Equipment:

Hello Kitty Bagpack: Jane carries a big backpack with her that usually contains some schoolbooks, her wallet, food/drink, swim clothes and a towel.
    History

Outside of her knowledge, the government of Britain has struck a deal with Academy City. Exchanging Jane for unknown ´favors´, which are most likely in the form of information and technology.

Commence feedback!

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Hrm...I feel bad about raining on your parade again, but Jane's emotion manipulation abilities may tread on Kei's Bliss Maker ability, which is to force people within a certain radius from him to feel calm and pleasure. What if you were to remove the emotion control ability and keep the mind reading, memory erasing, and other abilities?

@ Vael: I lol'ed at Rin's reaction to the Eating Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Harada RinNo. No way. Even the most uncultured person wouldn't use a saw as a utensil, and Rin always thought her grandmother was crabby and prejudiced anyway.
    "Uncultured" is how Sanin pretty much rolls.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-30 at 05:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Halfling in the Playground

Okay! This time I actually mean to start posting. Where should I have Rose join in?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Okay! This time I actually mean to start posting. Where should I have Rose join in?
    If you want to socialize as soon as possible? I would suggest the Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri, since that's where most of the folks are.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

@ Vael: I lol'ed at Rin's reaction to the Eating Saw.
    Then I have achieved my goal.
    "Uncultured" is how Sanin pretty much rolls.
    Yup!

25. - Top - End - #595

Innis may be employed. Everyone celebrate. Zul demands it.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-08-30 at 06:04 PM.
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Innis may be employed. Everyone celebrate. Zul demands it.

And there was much rejoicing.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-30 at 06:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: By the way, does anyone else think we that its about time for the next day to start? The events in the cafes are nice, but at this rate the beginning of school isn't going to come for another OOC day or two at least. Anyway, since the cafe scenes still have a while to go, why don't we do a partial timeskip to the next morning? That way school can start on schedule while the other scenes can take their own time wrapping up.
    Well I've wrapped my bit up for whatever it's worth.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-30 at 07:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Halfling in the Playground

If you want to socialize as soon as possible? I would suggest the Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri, since that's where most of the folks are.
    Hongawhatsa now?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Hongawhatsa now?
    The Japanese Cuisine restaurant Rin, Sanin, Cici and others are at.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-30 at 07:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Orc in the Playground

So, mind if I roll in Hajime in this restaurant? Of course, it might not be too interesting, what with him being quiet and all that, but he'll be there.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.