New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

In other random news, after a long stint of not posting, I posted!

Rin is at an ice cream stand! Feel free to bug her/attack her/make friends with her or whatever.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    In other random news, after a long stint of not posting, I posted!

Rin is at an ice cream stand! Feel free to bug her/attack her/make friends with her or whatever.
    Excellent. As things stood Jirou's panic level was getting way too low...

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Though I must agree with Anyr's reasoning, I should also indicate that one of our Level 5 players, nothingclever, has been AWOL for some time. I'm gonna give him a poke, and if he says that he's dropped this game I would support letting horngeek play a level 5.
    If he's not dropped it, I'll go Level 4.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Level 5: I I I (only I I if nothingclever has dropped the game)
    I haven't, I just decided to abstain from the initial school interaction and figured I'd insert my character into an after school scene instead at some point. Maybe the members of Judgment will decide to hangout later or something. I've been checking the thread frequently. I just figure although I haven't posted in a while, much hasn't happened in terms of the amount of time that has elapsed ingame since my last post.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-01 at 11:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I haven't, I just decided to abstain from the initial school interaction and figured I'd insert my character into an after school scene instead at some point.
    All right then, I said if nothingclever hadn't dropped I'd drop the Level 5 thing, so it's Level 4 for me.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I am to be concerned of number of Level 4 and 5 character in the game. It continues of adding more 4 and 5. But maybe it is because not many wants to play character who seems 'weak' even though 'level' is not 'power' instead 'potential.'

Because my character is also Level 4 character with such a complaint, I will change her to Level 3 character. I hope some people also consider such a choice too.

Maybe it seems very important of 'level is power' now, but I hope very much of the plot it is not so much of this case.
    Hence why I posted a character that starts out at level 0 and will work his way up.

Though I must agree with Anyr's reasoning, I should also indicate that one of our Level 5 players, nothingclever, has been AWOL for some time. I'm gonna give him a poke, and if he says that he's dropped this game I would support letting horngeek play a level 5.

FYI, the current spread on character levels is...

Level 1: I
    Level 2: I I
    Level 3: I I I I I
    Level 4: I I I I I

Up until now? First come, first served basis, to be honest. >.>

The worry was that there every new player wished to make a level 4, though current statistics (as found on the wiki's character registry) indicate that the # of level 4s and 3s are pretty much even.
    How many level 0's are there currently in the game. I technically have 3 if we count Jason's mom and dad. Yes, they will appear with character entries int the future.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hope my post is okay. Wasn't sure if I did any godmodding so let me know if I did. Tried to keep it as vague as possible
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

FYI, the current spread on character levels is...

Level 1: I
    Level 2: I I
    Level 3: I I I I I
    Level 4: I I I I I

The worry was that there every new player wished to make a level 4, though current statistics (as found on the wiki's character registry) indicate that the # of level 4s and 3s are pretty much even.
    That is because I switched to Level 3 character from Level 4. To not also include Horngeek level 4 or level 5 character.

Also, my concern was not 'every new player wished to make a level 4' - it was 'I am to be concerned of number of Level 4 and 5 character in the game.'
    Before i change, and before Anyr changed, it was more Level 4 and 5 characters than 1 + 2 + 3 together. Your updated graph shows 1+2+3 = 4+5 level. That is still a problem I think.

I do not have good answer for problem. I only can change myself. But I wanted to make it attention so maybe other people can consider of their own character also.
    It is not of to target Horngeek. I am happy you are back and I am sorry this talk comes at this time I have been behind on reading ooc thread.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

^ That's a fair point, it would be nice if the # of lower levels more equaled the # of higher levels.

One obstacle to evening out the numbers, however, is the fact that Tokiwadai requires its students to be at least level 3 or above, and we have a fair number of Tokiwadai students on top of non-Tokiwadai level 3-5 students.

Would it ruin the flavor of Tokiwadai too much if we removed this requirement, and let any female student attend the school, so long as they have a scholarship (rare) or the necessary funds? That way, Tokiwadai retains much of its high-class, exclusive flavor while not forcing anyone wanting to play a Tokiwadai player to play a level 3 or above ESPer.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    How many level 0's are there currently in the game. I technically have 3 if we count Jason's mom and dad. Yes, they will appear with character entries int the future.
    According to the Registry...

Masaki
    Mystery Woman
    Intoku
    Jason
    Ikisawa
    Takeshi
    Futae, Sanin, Hitomi

So 9 level 0's.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-10-01 at 01:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Make that ten Level 0's. I still have to put up Ketsueki.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    So, one two votes against.

On the other topic: then what do you propose to fix it? People have to want to make lower powered characters, or they won't materialise.
    There isn't a 'fix' here. There's no physical reward that can be given for lower-leveled characters because...it owuldn't work. The simple fact is, there doesn't need to be higher level characters at all, it's just what those people want to play with those characters. Again...this isn't shounen. Everything doesn't/shouldn't be resolved with hands-down fighting. More importantly, lower leveled characters can STILL challenge higher powered one. A high level does not guarantee victory like having a lot of chakra/reiatsu could seal a victory all on it's own in Naruto/Bleach.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly. Also, high power doesn't mean high ranking, and even more importantly, isn't the only skills available, which means (to me) that we're not at risk of what happened in the first BleachitP. Even a low-poowered charcter could be important to the plot by simple virtue of having skills the high-powered characters don't.

Especially as someone's already said the focus is on conflict, not combat.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

So anyone want to hang out with Akiyama?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

14. - Top - End - #1034

*snip*
    OMGAHJAGFKAHSFAKJfjakhj

HHHIIIIII!!!!!!

You're back.

Sorry for the key spasm, and blatant ignoring of the post.

I just thought you were gone...

FOREVER.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    It is not of to target Horngeek. I am happy you are back and I am sorry this talk comes at this time I have been behind on reading ooc thread.
    It's all right.

Incoming mini-rant in spoilers, though. Not directed at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just have awful timing to make the request just when the apparent method of determining whether to approve changes from 'first come first serve' to 'do they NEED to be a Level 5?'.

This... bugs me, to be honest. When did the method- or rather, the reason- change? Because to me, it appears to be when I asked. Those of you who played the first BleachitP when we were starting up Reborn will remember that I got really anal about it when we kept delaying the start of Reborn, and to be honest, this bugs me for a similar reason (and the same root cause of me being an Aspie).

If there had been a decision 'let's change why we approve Level 5's' that someone could link to, I'd be all right and fine with it. But at the moment... it just bugs me. And seems really unfair to me, to be honest. I don't want special treatment- I want to be treated the same way the people before me who asked 'can our character be Level 5?' were treated, unless between them asking and me asking a decision was made to change how people asking the question were treated.

Rant ended.

Now, I've got that out of my system, I'll say no more on this issue.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 10:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally I don't get the problem with your character in specific, she seems fine for a fifth level. But I think part of it is that your character came right when all this started up.

I don't mind another level 5. The way the setting is set up just being a high level doesn't mean you win, And I love confusing strategies for bringing down stronger opponents. Besides I thought fighting was just a part of this. If someone role-plays being a Hrairoo decently why not?
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-10-01 at 10:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Three guesses who Speed Dial "One" is.
    Ozzy Osbourne?

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1038

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Ozzy Osbourne?
    No, it's clearly Benjamin Franklin.

I mean, duh.

(He's living happily in the land of Canadia*. Look him up if you want.)

*No, it's not Canada.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, duh.

Oh, right.

And it's Canuckistan, by the way.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Personally I don't get the problem with your character in specific, she seems fine for a fifth level. But I think part of it is that your character came right when all this started up.

I don't mind another level 5. The way the setting is set up just being a high level doesn't mean you win, And I love confusing strategies for bringing down stronger opponents. Besides I thought fighting was just a part of this. If someone role-plays being a Hrairoo decently why not?
    Eh. I'll see what everyone says. To be honest, not enough people have posted their opinion on this for a consensus.

So, yeah, if more people can chip in. That would be appreciated.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-01 at 11:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Barbarian in the Playground

I mean, duh.

*No, it's not Canada.
    ...Voicemail? That's what mine is.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

I'm guessing its either Anti-skill, judgement, some other local police force, or the firefighters to help him get off the rooftop.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #1043

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I'm guessing its either Anti-skill, judgement, some other local police force, or the firefighters to help him get off the rooftop.
    God you guys suck.

It's Sakurako(SP!).

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

I knew it! she is the only person you called before.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I knew it! she is the only person you called before.
    See? I'm not ambiguous.

S'not my fault you guys decided to be ridiculous.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Orc in the Playground

Three guesses who Speed Dial "One" is.
    I know! I know!

It's Slowpoke!!!!

How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

27. - Top - End - #1047

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    I know! I know!

It's Slowpoke!!!!

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh. I'll see what everyone says. To be honest, not enough people have posted their opinion on this for a consensus.

So, yeah, if more people can chip in. That would be appreciated.
    Um, guys? Just a 'yes, that's okay' or 'no, it's not'. Or a 'don't care'.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

It's all right.

Incoming mini-rant in spoilers, though. Not directed at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just have awful timing to make the request just when the apparent method of determining whether to approve changes from 'first come first serve' to 'do they NEED to be a Level 5?'.

This... bugs me, to be honest. When did the method- or rather, the reason- change? Because to me, it appears to be when I asked. Those of you who played the first BleachitP when we were starting up Reborn will remember that I got really anal about it when we kept delaying the start of Reborn, and to be honest, this bugs me for a similar reason (and the same root cause of me being an Aspie).

If there had been a decision 'let's change why we approve Level 5's' that someone could link to, I'd be all right and fine with it. But at the moment... it just bugs me. And seems really unfair to me, to be honest. I don't want special treatment- I want to be treated the same way the people before me who asked 'can our character be Level 5?' were treated, unless between them asking and me asking a decision was made to change how people asking the question were treated.

Rant ended.

Now, I've got that out of my system, I'll say no more on this issue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's never been first come first serve. Nor is it just 'do they NEED to be a level 5?' now either. It's always been looking at the character, looking at the player, looking at the power in question, then seeing if the community agrees that character should be Level 5 or not. This is the way the previous Level 5 applicants were treated (though nobody really spoke up if they thought they should be level 5's or not in those cases, just approved the character) and it's the same way you are as well. The only difference is the beginning worry of a front-loading of high level characters, which is a valid concern but one that hasn't been pressing lately because there haven't been many proposed Level 5's since...Well...Ghost. And his power was such people didn't mind him being a Level 5 because it suited story purposes and his power was 'support' role basically.

And being a level 5 DOES come with some unofficial perks. Academy City has a great deal of time invested in any ESPer, but especially the Level 5's. It may not be OVERT special treatment, but Level 5's still get special treatment even as they get access to unique 'training programs' in the name of achieving SYSTEM. It's much less official then (for example) a Captain position from BleachITP or a Kage postion from NarutoITP, but a Level 5 can have as much impact on the Academy City story as those two kinds of characters can (to quote...someone: "There is a threshhold of power that no level of tactics can overcome").

Thus we have to make sure that A) there is not an over abundance of Level 5's because of this preferential treatment, ability to impact the story, and because they should be rare and special and also...B) Make sure that people who play Level 5's are responsible players who aren't worried about taking the backseat from time to time in order to share the spot-light and are in the know about various plots so they don't accidentally muck them up being among the most psychically powerful characters in the setting. My personal opinion is that three Level 5s are enough for the moment, especially considering that those level 5's haven't even been seen that much. That's why I'm iffy about you playing one right off the bat when...it doesn't seem an integral part of the character (which it is for Rin and Masaki, I'm not so sure about nothing's).

As for Tokiwadai lowering the 'must be Level 3+ esper requirement'...I'm...hesitant about that. It's part of what Tokiwadai is and part of why it's so prestigious. If a rich girl student gets mugged or something, it's no bigger a deal then any other mugging (or something). If a Tokiwadai student is mugged (or something) it means a Level 3 esper was mugged, which suggest unusual circumstances or number of suspects involved in the incident. But I'll see what everyone else thinks on this matter.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, in any case, I'll go with the consensus.

At the moment, two people have explicitly said no, and one yes.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.