New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Banned

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 (WW Variant)

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I'd play again, just to see the other four roles.

I'd also appreciate the "majority ends the day" being adjusted, maybe raised to 70% or something.
    Majority ends the day is not going to be changed, especially not to make it so that it is requires unanimous town+JW+WW in order to actually get anywhere. Just use preview post and count the votes.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    D2: Town lynches priest, who makes multiple posts at lynch-1 and neither he nor the acolyte (who was also posting while the priest was getting pretty heavily voted) defend themselves.
    Well yeah, I was waiting for Mordokai to defend himself so I could give him support. I didn't expect he'd give up completely without a fight . I tried to set up FC as an alternate lynch target but as afraid of being too forward in my defense w/o Mordokai posting first because I was afraid of revealing our acolyte/priest connection. After Mordokai was lynched, the only thing I really could do to help the game onwards was reveal myself and hope that the wolves were feelig confident enough to sacrifice one of their own to get at the priest (who was pretty much the only hope the town had of winning had they remained silent). I'm glad it worked, but I agree it was pretty bad play because it was seriously a longshot.

As for EDs claim, well I believed it because I suspected Murska was the JW since I didn't see people jumping to his support like I assumed the coven would, and also because I felt the wolves would have doe a better job if they planned it together and faked it.

Few questions:
    Could we see witch/GA chat? It might be interesting to look at their discussions
    Is there a version of witchhunt with PMing?
    Will you run this again? I have a feeling I might play better the next time now that i have a proper grasp of how the rules work.

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lostlittlebear View Post
    Well yeah, I was waiting for Mordokai to defend himself so I could give him support. I didn't expect he'd give up completely without a fight . I tried to set up FC as an alternate lynch target but as afraid of being too forward in my defense w/o Mordokai posting first because I was afraid of revealing our acolyte/priest connection. After Mordokai was lynched, the only thing I really could do to help the game onwards was reveal myself and hope that the wolves were feelig confident enough to sacrifice one of their own to get at the priest (who was pretty much the only hope the town had of winning had they remained silent). I'm glad it worked, but I agree it was pretty bad play because it was seriously a longshot.

As for EDs claim, well I believed it because I suspected Murska was the JW since I didn't see people jumping to his support like I assumed the coven would, and also because I felt the wolves would have doe a better job if they planned it together and faked it.

Few questions:
    Could we see witch/GA chat? It might be interesting to look at their discussions
    Is there a version of witchhunt with PMing?
    Will you run this again? I have a feeling I might play better the next time now that i have a proper grasp of how the rules work.
    I too would like to see Witchchat. You don't want to see GAchat, though, it's... Nothing to be proud of.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Banned

Chats:

GA

Witch Chat 1
    Witch chat 2

Lover Chat (Note: Not much went on here).

I will probably run another one, but it will most likely still be a 17 person game. I don't feel like waiting a couple months in order to make a game.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

Have you asked Thufir about it? I think they might let a 21-player game slide.

And you left out the final witchchat! The one where the only comment was how pointless the final witchchat was!

6. - Top - End - #576
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Have you asked Thufir about it? I think they might let a 21-player game slide.

And you left out the final witchchat! The one where the only comment was how pointless the final witchchat was!
    I made that one just to facepalm the entire situation, actually.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Oh man those were some great reads.

... I am so boned next game here, unless I get nun and you're using this version of nun. oh well~

8. - Top - End - #578
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main thing I notice is that ED's spy claim was mostly bought a credible in GA chat, and everyone thought I was a witch

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

It was a bit of a problem that both of the people who had previous experience with this type of game and were vocal (Fry in WitchChat at least, vocal-ish) happened to be the Werewolf and the Spy and working secretly for their own agenda. Us poor total newbies got a bit confused.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    It was a bit of a problem that both of the people who had previous experience with this type of game and were vocal (Fry in WitchChat at least, vocal-ish) happened to be the Werewolf and the Spy and working secretly for their own agenda. Us poor total newbies got a bit confused.
    Well Dragon Child was also experienced and got VH and died. It was all completely random.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Main thing I notice is that ED's spy claim was mostly bought a credible in GA chat, and everyone thought I was a witch
    You weren't exactly making much of a case for yourself, to be fair.

To the GAs it didn't matter too much if his claim was right or not, though, since each person knew pretty much knew who they wanted to bane for most of the rest of the game.

Oh, and Milski, save me a spot when you make another!
    Last edited by Ghanz Nmi; 2010-09-13 at 04:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

For the record, I believed LLB's Aco-claim, but "priest claiming Aco" is a reasonable play for someone to make, and it was the only thing that could save me from a sacrifice at that point, so I went for it.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Hi, I followed this game and it looks every interesting. I was going to sign up for another game, but if this is being hosted again I would be interested in playing. Will people who did not play the first time be eligible to join?

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    For the record, I believed LLB's Aco-claim, but "priest claiming Aco" is a reasonable play for someone to make, and it was the only thing that could save me from a sacrifice at that point, so I went for it.
    Right, forgot you were Spy!Demon, and probably have your coven baying for your blood considering your hilarious fake scries.