New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Three. Bon Clay is Two. I said Three.
    Well, I would delete my stupid post but I guess I'll have to admit my mistake. Sorry.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, I would delete my stupid post but I guess I'll have to admit my mistake. Sorry.
    Don't worry, mistakes happen

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    are we sure Haki imbued slashing attacks are going to work on him? because he survived getting slashed by Hawkeye.
    Nothing but direct confirmation would make it sure. Hawkeye didn't say he was using Haki or was otherwise indicated too have. Given Luffy's precedent it would make sense, though Buggy could presumably still "dodge" with relative ease.

I know Buggy's not immune to everything, but Alvida essentially is. Her power makes all imperfections and things slip off her, after all.
    Well Smoker caught her so its not absolute seemingly.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing but direct confirmation would make it sure. Hawkeye didn't say he was using Haki or was otherwise indicated too have. Given Luffy's precedent it would make sense, though Buggy could presumably still "dodge" with relative ease.
    Yeah, Zorro having apperently mastered the use of Haki would seem like a sure sign that Hawkeye had mastered its use as well (and cant belive someone so powerfull would not have either that or a DF).

And we have seen from the amazon island that imbuing attacks with Haki can be both invisibel and apperently effordless.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Hawkeye's general suggested level would suggest it.

However it must be remembered that Haki is not the be-all answer for the ridiculous feats in One Piece. (Like Ivankov's wink, not haki)

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if we want to see ridiculos feat feats in OP we need to look no further than Luffy and Zorro's feats of strenght, both of with are far out of the normal.

But do we have any evidence to suggest that Ivankov's wink is not using Haki at its base?

Else, i really cant see Hawkeye reaching his current position as a lone swordsman if a random noob with a Logia fruit would have been able to take him down.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Isn't Death Wink part of his Devil Fruit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    And the Elephant Gun is part of Luffy's Devil Fruit. Just also using Haki.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    But do we have any evidence to suggest that Ivankov's wink is not using Haki at its base?
    Word of Oda enough?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Umm no. Not seeing how super-hormones going to help there...

10. - Top - End - #1450

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Word of Oda enough?

Word of Oda is totally enough. I remember back when he said that Luffy's father would make an apperance in X amount of chapters. And at that X amount of chapters, on the very last page.

FULL SPREAD OF DRAGON. Subtle. And I mean that seriously because I don't think anyone would instantly jump to that conclusion...

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, I dunno where I got that. I guess I was thinking of how Hell Wink is Death Wink powered up with hormones, but that doesn't explain much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Don't die, thread, we got a new chapter finally

Spoiler
    Show

And it was pretty neat. Franky holding up against two of Flamingo's officers is awesome and even though it was more playe for laughs Usopp and Nami's "We handle the enemies with their backs to us" also worked. And again everyone's reaction when seeing Franky was nice.

Though, who's the guy in the shadows? Flamingo seems improbable given his apparent situation... Aokiji?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Don't die, thread, we got a new chapter finally

Spoiler
    Show

And it was pretty neat. Franky holding up against two of Flamingo's officers is awesome and even though it was more playe for laughs Usopp and Nami's "We handle the enemies with their backs to us" also worked. And again everyone's reaction when seeing Franky was nice.

Though, who's the guy in the shadows? Flamingo seems improbable given his apparent situation... Aokiji?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm probably wrong, but I thought it kind of looked like Mihawk. Can't imagine why he'd be there though.

My honest guess is that it's either yet another new character or someone we haven't seen post-timeskip yet who might've signed onto Doflamingo's crew.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Mihawk is a good guess, that was my second thought. But for some reason my first one was that of a swimming bird with a crooked beak and a crest.
    Last edited by Dscherro; 2013-01-16 at 10:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Yay new chapter at last. And a good one too, always nice to be shown how much those outside of the Monster Trio kick arse too.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the shadowed figure has to be someone we know, otherwise why bother? Could be wrong though.

And it doesn't look like Mihawk's boat, even with the T shape.

And would Mihawk talk? Aokiji seems to make sense, my other thought is Garp for some reason.

Sure we will find out in good time.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I want Bueno!-meme Usopp-fied. Goods chapter.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

I originally thought it was Milhawk but he doesn't seem to be the type to talk to himself. I am voting for Aokiji now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

One thing I'll say about One Piece fans, compared to say Bleach or Naruto fans, is you guys seem to actually enjoy reading the manga. Instead of, you know, doing it out of some sort of masochistic need.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    One thing I'll say about One Piece fans, compared to say Bleach or Naruto fans, is you guys seem to actually enjoy reading the manga. Instead of, you know, doing it out of some sort of masochistic need.
    Yha, that's probably because One Piece has actually been consistently good (according to general populace) for a long, long time. While Bleach...kinda hasn't.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Good chapter. Me likey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now that all of Doflamingo's henchmen have been beaten, they're able to all take the Warlord together, and considering how powerful his right-hand-man was, that may well be neccessary.

Yay new chapter at last. And a good one too, always nice to be shown how much those outside of the Monster Trio kick arse too.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the shadowed figure has to be someone we know, otherwise why bother? Could be wrong though.

And it doesn't look like Mihawk's boat, even with the T shape.

And would Mihawk talk? Aokiji seems to make sense, my other thought is Garp for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I get where Garp comes from, he's also known for his heavy sleeping issues, but in his case it's more sudden sleeping than oversleeping. The latter is definitely Aokijis trademark. Though Aokiji on a boat would be a change as well, his usual trademark is a bicicle, and I guess if he were to sleep on the ocean he'd probably make himsef an instant ice raft.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461

Looking back at the page with our new friend, the guy looks rather angular. I'm going to assume he'll be a new character untill otherwise. Or, rather, he'll be an OLD character we haven't seen for awhile. By which I mean aaaaall the way back to one of the "News From Around The Sea" cover arcs.

Specificly the one with Laboon and his doctor friend. A mysterious looking samurai fellow was talking to the doctor friend in that. I have a feeling this might be the pay off.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Wild (and probably wrong) guess: that guy with Crocus was Scopper Gaban. Because he has to make a proper appearance at some point.
    I'm sure many people haven't even read the special chapter 0.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Helms View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I get where Garp comes from, he's also known for his heavy sleeping issues, but in his case it's more sudden sleeping than oversleeping. The latter is definitely Aokijis trademark. Though Aokiji on a boat would be a change as well, his usual trademark is a bicicle, and I guess if he were to sleep on the ocean he'd probably make himsef an instant ice raft.
    Okay good to know I'm not totally off base, yeah its just idle speculation and all.

Now Aokiji does have a good reason to have given up bike riding... it would seem somehow very like "japanese" (because I can't think of a better word) for him to comment that loosing his leg means he can't ride a bike while promptly displaying no other weakness in combat or otherwise.

Looking back at the page with our new friend, the guy looks rather angular. I'm going to assume he'll be a new character untill otherwise. Or, rather, he'll be an OLD character we haven't seen for awhile. By which I mean aaaaall the way back to one of the "News From Around The Sea" cover arcs.

Specificly the one with Laboon and his doctor friend. A mysterious looking samurai fellow was talking to the doctor friend in that. I have a feeling this might be the pay off.
    Well here's our Wano country looking person. My thought is that being almost literally on the opposite side of the world would make the trip kinda impressive. Its easy to forget that in-universe its only been no more then a day or two since the Strawhats left Seabody.

Really no way to know though. This is all pretty idle speculation, I just hope Oda doesn't keep us waiting long.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Okay good to know I'm not totally off base, yeah its just idle speculation and all.

Now Aokiji does have a good reason to have given up bike riding... it would seem somehow very like "japanese" (because I can't think of a better word) for him to comment that loosing his leg means he can't ride a bike while promptly displaying no other weakness in combat or otherwise.

Well here's our Wano country looking person. My thought is that being almost literally on the opposite side of the world would make the trip kinda impressive. Its easy to forget that in-universe its only been no more then a day or two since the Strawhats left Seabody.

Really no way to know though. This is all pretty idle speculation, I just hope Oda doesn't keep us waiting long.
    Concerning Aokiji, perhaps he can't ride his bike since his lost leg, now replaced with an ice leg (probably) interfers with the ice of his bike?

And right, good point. But keep in mind that Doflamingo is puppeting himself across the ocean, and will likely arrive quite shortly I imagine. People ARE capable of thus high speeds.

25. - Top - End - #1465

Wait, Aokiji lost a leg? I hadn't heard yet. Where's that info from? The last movie, or elsewhere? That would indeed explain him giving up on the bike.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

And right, good point. But keep in mind that Doflamingo is puppeting himself across the ocean, and will likely arrive quite shortly I imagine. People ARE capable of thus high speeds.
    Indeed and in One Piece its just plain ordinary to expect the seemingly impossible. We don't know how close Dressrosa is but at least its New World and presumably nearby-ish. We know Crocus is at the other end of the planet though so its as far at is really can be for pure distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Helms View Post
    Wait, Aokiji lost a leg? I hadn't heard yet. Where's that info from? The last movie, or elsewhere? That would indeed explain him giving up on the bike.
    Yeah its come out in the various side materials and maybe in the Z movie itself. I understand its all canonical design material though. You can find pics and stuff around. I got it first from the wiki.

27. - Top - End - #1467

What's worse is that he lost his leg to Akainu. IT's gotta suck having a leg roasted/ripped off by magma.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Damn it, the more I read about that movie, the more I want to see it...gotta be patient for a few more months.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm also really curious about possible new admirals, I don't think there should be three, but one is clearly not enough. A few notable vice admirals are missing from the list of movie appearances: all giants, Spiderboy and some guy called Yamakaji, whom I completely forgot about, but he was with the Buster Call Fleet, so I consider him important enough to the plot.
    As mentioned, designs and ranks of Z are canon, but Momonga only appeared in an anime filler, so no idea about him (but he appeared post-timeskip in a singe panel of the manga).
    And Oda might of course surprise us and make Cancer an admiral.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd say the mystery floater is Mihawk, he does have a habit of sleepsailing . I doubt he has any serious business on Punk Hazard though, he likely just went there out of boredom.
    More likely, he's there as a convenient excuse for Doflamingo to make a big show of his power before Mihawk conveniently arrives and breaks up the fight.
    Leaves the actual showdown for later, having it now would just seem too soon.

On the admiral speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the few clips i've seen on youtube, Onigumo, Yamakaji and Momonga are all accounted for in Akainu's infodump scene, looking pretty much as they were pre-timeskip.

So no new admirals yet, far as i know.
    I think there will be two new admirals, sooner or later, it's just a question of who. Momonga and Onigumo are both contenders imo, but so is Smoker and i believe Coby will eventually make it to admiral, unless he pulls a Garp .

I'd even speculate that had a right type of fruit ready and in abudant supply for Ace's execution, so odds are the Marines have the Mera Mera no Mi. And if they do have it, i think it'll go to Coby. Just feels appropriate somehow, can't really explain better than that.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Blackbeards could have gotten the Mera Mera fruit, too. If the power really just jumps to the nearest fruit, and no further preparation is required, it would be sensible to bring along some spare fruits, in case some random user dies (like Ace did, Blackbeard was at this point already near) and ruins your whole plan. And there were A LOT of devil fruit users.