New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Panel 4 just cracked me up. Bulgak obviously wanted to save Lady Loxo with his demonic tentacles, but they went limp as soon as they entered the Soul Eater's mouth. Now he is a sad orc. In his pants.

Sorry, I know that was juvenile, but I just had to get it out of my system.
    I'm Ignition, and this is now my favorite post on the forums also in my pants

To be fair, as long as she didn't go off every five minutes about how awesome it is to be a psycho back-stabbing manipulative female dog, I'd save Lady Loxo Even though her name reminds me of salmon (which might be appropriate, given the color).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gort, Lord of Hellfire
    Pah! No door will stand in the path of Gort!
    Avatar is "Red King" Gort, shamelessly ripped from Darken.

Badges of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing
    You're a horribly person
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    This is actually really good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Nobody expects the Usurpation!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXVII: God Has Nothing to do With This

Panel 4 just cracked me up. Bulgak obviously wanted to save Lady Loxo with his demonic tentacles, but they went limp as soon as they entered the Soul Eater's mouth. Now he is a sad orc. In his pants.

Sorry, I know that was juvenile, but I just had to get it out of my system.
    Otherwise it would have spent an eternity in your very unpleasant digestive tract.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-22 at 04:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Otherwise it would have spent an eternity in your very unpleasant digestive tract.
    I can't imagine it'd be much worse that the back of a volkswagon

Yeah, I want to merge these two memes. You wanna fight about it?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

4. - Top - End - #904
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition View Post
    Even though her name reminds me of salmon (which might be appropriate, given the color).
    Well, it reminds me of elephants. Not sure which is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #905
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Well, it reminds me of elephants. Not sure which is better.
    Never had elephant myself. I imagine it's fairly tough in most places but the young ones are pretty tender. Lox isn't too bad, though I'm not much of a fan myself, especially after the association with my ex.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-22 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #906

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    "Bwahahha! Fools! They're staying for the mere chance of a vanity pet. Quickly, my minions, lower the drop rate!"
    Be honest guys, Mookie got one thing right. I mean, an inescapabale MMORPG with a 0.00-0.01% drop rate?

Yup, sounds just like Hell to me.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #907

A thought just occured to me. What if-and here me out on this-instead of a generic sharp toothed demon, Bulgak was being swallowed up by the Nakta that is currently being healed back in Maltak? It'd make sense (In Dominic Deegan) and settle the whole "Orcs in Hell" thing.

8. - Top - End - #908

Sneaky Gate is up

Future link

1st though: Does anyone actually care about Bulgak as a character? He couldn't be more irrelevant to the main plot if he tried, we have literally done a six degrees of separation at this point. Focus Mookie, FOCUS!

(Wild Edge --> Celesto ---> Beast ---> Karnak/Hell ---> Sigfried ---> Bulgak)

2nd thoughts: I'll come right out and say panels 2 and 3 (particularly 3) disturb me, for what I hope are reasons I won't have to explain.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

9. - Top - End - #909

GnomeWizardGuy

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!! THE NEXT LEVEL OF HELL IS MALTAK!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

10. - Top - End - #910
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe Mookie'll explain how Outrage Chief managed to survive the great Warlord Damaske in that infamous scene from years ago.

Credits to whoever took the effort to cut that panel, sorry for stealing. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    2nd thoughts: I'll come right out and say panels 2 and 3 (particularly 3) disturb me, for what I hope are reasons I won't have to explain.
    Reminds me of a certain web page... something about goats...
    Last edited by Castel; 2010-09-22 at 09:18 PM.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

11. - Top - End - #911

Ah, good. It would appear Bulgak will be our Deegan for this arc. Initiating tragic past in three...

12. - Top - End - #912

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    (Wild Edge --> Celesto ---> Beast ---> Karnak/Hell ---> Sigfried ---> Bulgak)
    I'm not following that last connection...
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #913

Wow, he literally got sucked into a flashback sequence. This really is Hell!
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

14. - Top - End - #914

I think my favorite part is how angry she looks that he's getting sucked into a hole in the ground.
    That Bulgak! Such a jerk! Man, I bet he'd spend eternity in a soul eater's very unpleasant digestive tract, just to irritate you.

Seriously, that's not the face of "I just lost my only ally-like-object in a plane that is incredibly hostile to my existence," that's the face of "You did what with my good pans?"
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

15. - Top - End - #915

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm not following that last connection...
    Well more Karnak/Hell ---> Sigfried ----> Karnak/Hell Redux ---> Bulgak
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

16. - Top - End - #916
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Okay. This is just dumb. I don't even know what this is and it's dumb. Good lord I hate this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAA!!!! THE NEXT LEVEL OF HELL IS MALTAK!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    Wow, he literally got sucked into a flashback sequence. This really is Hell!
    Heh.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

17. - Top - End - #917

I dunno about the Hell arc, but I love reading your reactions. They're hilarious.

18. - Top - End - #918

AssassinGuy

Heyall,

Agreed. While this arc suffers all of the flaws I've come to expect in DD, it also has plenty of Snark Bait. Everyone else's reactions here are comedy gold. Sadly, as the designated Spock, I cannot permit myself to laugh.

I am mildly curious as to how Mookie plans to write this arc without making anyone too sympathetic. He said in the beginning that no one was going to be redeemed in this arc. Will he bail on that the moment he realizes that means he has to write an evil main character for an arc? Since Bulgak is about to have an obligatory Freudian Excuse flashback, maybe he's already changing his mind. It wouldn't be the first time.

19. - Top - End - #919

Oh hey, Outrage Chief hit level 9 and got Raise Dead.

20. - Top - End - #920

So, wait.

What's that ape thing in the second to last panel?

Why does Hell's ass lead to Matlak?

Why does the above make so much sense?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

21. - Top - End - #921

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post

Well, I guess some things are just too bad for Hell?
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #922
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    So, wait.

What's that ape thing in the second to last panel?

The comic has finally broken. It will only get worse from here.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

23. - Top - End - #923
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

No rest for the wicked, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    I can't imagine it'd be much worse that the back of a volkswagon

Yeah, I want to merge these two memes. You wanna fight about it?
    Eh, I think there's a difference between memes and injokes. One becomes the other. That's point is usually when people who were told about it and not actually there at the time make a majority of the people who are regurgitating it with no context, or when it crosses over to other sites or communities. At this point it loses a lot of the humour, for me personally, assuming it hasn't already been run into the ground.

Of course I have to admit that a very small number of memes are actually, you know, funny, despite this.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-23 at 02:01 AM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

No rest for the wicked, am I right?
    If this is indeed what the sneaky gate showed, I must inform you that the comic has been changed; there is no warlord.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    So, where does he get the rapier from? I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Elan owns two rapiers. His first rapier was stolen by Nale when he impersonated Elan. He got a second rapier from Julio Scoundrél as a gift. Then, he retrieved his original rapier when he defeated Nale and reclaimed all of his equipment.

HA!

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OHMYGODNOTMOREMALTAK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Last edited by Turcano; 2010-09-23 at 03:28 AM.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Warlord Mustache! Woo!

Bulgak's hand-tentacle in panel one looks like he's flipping Loxo off. That's probably why she's so mad.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony
    I think my favorite part is how angry she looks that he's getting sucked into a hole in the ground.
    That Bulgak! Such a jerk! Man, I bet he'd spend eternity in a soul eater's very unpleasant digestive tract, just to irritate you.

Seriously, that's not the face of "I just lost my only ally-like-object in a plane that is incredibly hostile to my existence," that's the face of "You did what with my good pans?"
    I'm choosing to believe that this is consistent with her being Callanian nobility, and hence good characterisation.

27. - Top - End - #927

Sent back to Maltak? Clearly the most evil trap of Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm curious about is the strange structure of the Orc eyelid. Apparently they open up diagonally. Obviously an adaptation to the evolutionary needs of the Orcs to watch out for creeping strangler vines from beneath and saving Orcs from above while sleeping.

29. - Top - End - #929

First of all I have to admit that I´m a sucker for flashbacks. So a part of me is interested. Sadly though, this might be the worst place to put a flashback, because there was a story going on and Bulgak´s past has no connection. Also it leads to Maltak, which is just cruel.

Now to me it feels like Mookie wants to give every single character some sort of ´dramatic´background. Which in all honesty, how big of a chance do you have to get -that- much people at one spot who have horrible pasts. Let us make a list:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Deegans: Helixa shows up, blights Greg and converts Jacob to Death is Zombies.
    Luna: OMG TUSKS! And she's got the whole 'my mom tried to kill me'.
    Szark: Wounded by a demon lord and going down hill since.
    Stunt: Abused by and killed his own mother.
    Bumper: Overbearing grandfather and ran away from home.
    Siggy: Racist father who damned him to hell.
    Melna: Raped.
    Stonewater: The raper.
    All the orcs: Their homeland got destroyed.
    Runcible Spoon: Divorced due to the meddling of Neilen.
    Neilen: Marriage wrecker.
    Stripper girl: Got beaten by her husband.
    Karnak: Raised by orcs, in the middle of a war (and 'cause' of it), loves a woman who loves another man and then gets stuck in hell.

People who only a short while ago got dramatic (aka, not in their youth):
    Jayden: Cheated on Milov and their relationship is over.
    Milov: Got cheated on and 'killed' Jayden (it was a hologram)
    Pam: Her whole town got destroyed by an Infernomancer.
    Dex: He got kicked out of his team, if that wasn't bad enough he was a drunk wife beater and now he's completely deformed.
    Hansi: Doomed to live on a moving mountain or die otherwise.

No known dramatic background:
    Celesto
    Sparks

And that's just the short list. But do you see where I'm going? Honestly nearly the entire cast can come together and play the 'who's got the most tragic life?' game.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

So, it's a flashback*. I thought SF brought him back from the dead or something, bringing up the revolving door afterlife and Mookie's bad art made him look like a child. Now that I think of it, that's really stupid of me. I guess I was just a bit groggy.

Now it just makes no sense.
    Woo?

*Did I just make the worst strip slay ever? I think I did. It was dubious even when I thought it wasn't a flashback.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-09-23 at 05:34 AM.