New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

So, I was thinking of running a Lovecraftian horror based WW game. Roles would be as follows:

Cultists (Wolves):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Horror: The Beast.

The Hunter: During the Night phase, the Hunter may choose one player. That player is killed, but may not inform anyone one of this till the end of the next Day phase.

The High Cultist: Knows who the Hunter, the Oracle and the Horror are.

The Madman: Thinks he's the High Cultist, but is told that random Villagers are the Hunter, the Beast and the Oracle.

The Recruiter: During the Day phase, the Recruiter may choose one Villager. If that villager is lynched by the wolves the next Night phase, instead of dying he becomes a Cultist. Does not work if the targeted player is on the Cultist's team.

The Oracle: The Devil.

The Cultists: Wolves.

Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guard: Day Baner.

The Vigilante: Night Baner.

The Inspector: Seer.

The Drunk: Fool.

The Elders: As long as the other Elder is alive, each Elder's vote counts double. Knows who the other Elder is.

The Villagers: Villagers.

The Cultists are not told who the Beast, the Horror or the Oracle are. They are told who the Madman and High Cultist is, but not which one is which.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Looks... interesting, to say the least. I am a bit confused by the cultists though.

Why would the High Cultist not know who the regular Cultists are?

The player that is killed by the Hunter, does she still get to vote during the next day? Does she know she's dead?

Do the Cultists kill during the night phase? Do they know each other? When a new Cultist is born, is he introduced to the other Cultists?

By "Does not work if the targeted player is on the Cultist's team.", do you mean if that player is the High Cultist, Oracle, Madman, Hunter, or Horror?

For the Villagers....

Are there only two Elders?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #573

Doh! The normal Cultists, the Recruiter and the High Priest all know each other's roles, but only the High Priest knows who is the Horror, the Oracle or the Hunter, and although the Cultists are told whothe Madman and High Cultist are, they are not told which is which. The Hunter, the Oracle and the Horror don't know who anyone is.

The Cultists do indeed get to vote on who to kill each night. As for the Recruiter's power, it doesn't work on the Oracle, the Horror or the Hunter. Anyone turned into a Cultist with this ability is told who the Cultists, the Recruiter and the High Priest are.

Anyone killed by the Hunter is told they are dead, but do not tell anyone else, and no, their votes do not count.

Finally, there are indeed only two elders.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    As for the Recruiter's power, it doesn't work on the Oracle, the Horror or the Hunter.
    Does that mean the wolves can kill the wolf power roles even if the recruiter tries to save them? Or are they simply revealed as wolves?
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-02-04 at 07:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575

The wolves can indeed kill them, even if the Recruiter tries to protect them, yes.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trixie won't think this is funny, either, but that's okay, cuz Goof will.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh, Peyo. Now, that was a master, he and Goscinny, they don't make them like this anymore
    Above Us Only Sky

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Trixie won't think this is funny, either, but that's okay, cuz Goof will.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Ahh, Peyo. Now, that was a master, he and Goscinny, they don't make them like this anymore
    As long as we get to blow s*** up and stuff, and take their stuff. Wait. Loot first, then burn.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Look what got ready for recruiting Open WW

Tired of not knowing who wolves are?
    Well not this time.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

9. - Top - End - #579
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Brainstorming ideas for new games.

Star Trek TNG: The Cardassian crisis. (Fudge system)

Story:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Cardassian base has been attacked by one of their own ships, and initially believed it to be a criminal from within Cardassian boundaries. They later found out that Federation operatives commondeered the vessel (a claim that the Federation denies)The Cardassians have declared all out war against the Federation. They do not believe claims that the Romulans are behind it. The Romulans claim neutrality, but are sympathetic to the Cardassians (in a manner of speaking), and have sent their ships to gaurd the area just outside the neutral zone, believing that the Federation might do likewise to them. They vigorously deny claims that they instigated the incident. The Klingons believe that it was likely the Romulans that framed the Federation, and that after the war is over, they will conquer the side that remains. For this reason, the Klingons prefer to keep a majority of their ships on alert for Romulan vessels on the borders of their territory, but have sent a couple of their finest to aid the Federation in their fight. The Ferenghi claim neutrality as well, but are willing to make a wide variety of trades with any side, for a profitable price.

Attribute List:
    Spoiler
    Show

Phasers:Need confirmation from fellow Trekies, but I think lock on, deals less damage than PTs
    Photon Torpedos: No lock, but deals more damage. (I think)
    Shields: Prevents damage from PTs and Phasers
    Engine: Speed
    Hull: HP
    Manuevering thrusters: Manueverability
    Crew*: , Make repairs
    Auxillary power*: On successful check, may give bonuses to weapons, engine, shields, scanners, or manuevering thrusters
    Scanners: Mapping, scanning ships

*One of these two should be to make multiple moves on successful check (may lose turn if unsuccessful)

Rules/setup:
    Spoiler
    Show

Teams are Cardassians, and Federation/Klingons. Klingons of course can cloak, Federation ships get a higher point balance, and the Cardassians need some sort of newly developed special item, (long range base artillery?). Hopefully we can get these to balance out. Also, Klingons get a free point in PTs or Phasers, Federation gets a crew bonus, Cardassians get a shield bonus (the latter with no STTNG basis). Either side may discuss surrender/peace terms during battle, and do not necassarily have to destroy the opposing fleet, and may also return to base for repairs. Peace would be a very difficult result, given the scenario. Either side (if desperate enough), may discuss terms of trade with the Ferengi, who are willing to trade just about anything, for a heavy price. If a ship makes it to base, but is still being pursued, any attacker will have to deal with more ships (from the base), and possibly base artillery (depending on the base). Would like 12 players (7 Cardassian captains, 2 Klingon, 5 Federation). Multiple battles may occur.

Any thoughts? It might be a long time before this is started (maybe never).
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-02-06 at 07:14 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

I need a few more players and probably a co-GM for Ghosts. As it is, I think team evil is overwhelmingly likely to win.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

I promised my players that I would ask for a co-narrator once my game (Sig) got underway. Shouldn't have any stressful requirements made of you. Just someone to update should I be unavoidably dragged away ...etc

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Someone could do a WW with a wrestling, gladiator, or arena theme.

"You say you're not a wolf. Prove. You! Me! IN A CAGE MATCH!"

It would be worth it just to see the baner hit the devil with an illegal objections as a night action.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Someone could do a WW with a wrestling, gladiator, or arena theme.

"You say you're not a wolf. Prove. You! Me! IN A CAGE MATCH!"

It would be worth it just to see the baner hit the devil with an illegal objections as a night action.
    It could be done just like normal WW, except that the villigers vote for 2 to fight.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    It could be done just like normal WW, except that the villigers vote for 2 to fight.
    4 for tag teams/duos.

Also no baners. Champions are immune to Night Kills.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #585

Maybe wolves could have a slightly higher percentage chance of winning.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Maybe wolves could have a slightly higher percentage chance of winning.
    Why would that have to happen, since only one dies anyway?

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know if it is good idea to play WW anymore, my connections to the net are becoming so infrequent (RL issues) I can't tell when I'll be able to connect again

Oh, well, I'll at least try to finish the games I'm in. PM box cleared, please don't flood it all at once
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe you could cut down to only one game at a time. Two, if it's a game you really want to play, and you haven't died yet in the other.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ideas have been generated for Mafia XII - 1932.

I know, I know, finish the one you've got first.

We will, it's on track - probably - to finish perhaps within a few weeks, mid-March at the latest.

I would like to have two co-narrators to volunteer; and I believe it's fair to say that Zar Peter would probably like to play at least once this decade.

Not sure of the start date, would like to have Goof's game take off and move through a few weeks first.

Also, Goof - need a co-narrator?

Thanks

AF ~
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Well, VTM 2 died...sad days.

I need a spot for my next Old World of Darkness translation game.

Mummy the Resurrection: The Corruption of the Serpent

Rules will be forthcoming. A LOT simpler then my vampire games.

Edit: Teh Rules!

This is pretty standard and simple and straightforward game.

There are no 'power roles', no masons, no scriers, no baners, no night killers, nothing like that.

The difference is however the 'villagers' are Mummies, and are a kind of power role to make this possible. When a mummy is lynched they are auto-resurrected after 1 night and 1 day have passed. They are now a known mummy.

The other difference is that the 'wolves' are called 'vipers' and do not have a night kill. They have a recruitment each night. Who has been recruited is kept secret. A viper does not auto-resurrect.

The Mummies win if there are no more vipers, and the Vipers win if they outnumber the Mummies.

I will have a few surprises thrown in, like items and events. Items will act as one-shot power roles and events will effect the lynch-vote in one way or another.

Example Items:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Eye of Ra: Scry a single player's role.

Elixir of Isis: You may not be lynched on the next phase.

Stone of Oblivion: Only your vote will be counted on the coming lynch-vote.

Tome of Thoth: You are informed of the next Event.

I will only hand out 1 item per night maximum. And only if the game seems to come to a halt.

Example Events:

Spoiler
    Show
    Flooding the Nile: All Mummies votes are counted twice.

Vally of the Kings Exalted: Any Mummies lynched are immediately resurrected.

Surge of Chaos: Only Viper's votes are counted.

There will be an event each and every round of the game.

So, any questions, comments, flirty banter?
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2011-02-10 at 02:34 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

21. - Top - End - #591

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Also, Goof - need a co-narrator?
    Heh - if you want the insanity of narrating LLD with me, you are welcome to join me in the looney bin for a spin.

Lady Tialait - Wow - you just broke my mind with simplicity. I think we may finally have a recruiting game where it'll not be lopsided one way or the other. Essentially, since no one dies (lynching leads to mummification and vipers recruit not kill), no team gets an advantage once the kills/recruitment begins steamrolling like in historical recruitment games.

But I have to ask a few questions...

Villagers - start with objective of staying alive I assume. Win condition? Like, are they only alligned to win with the mummy victory, or if they kill the vipers and > mummies, do they win? Just wondering cause I can see a "lynch me next" vibe going on, just to have players come back as mummies after a day cycle...

Vipers - can they recruit mummies? If so - can that mummy become a viper if lynched & recruited again...
    Conversely...
    Vipers - when lynched, do they become a mummy? What happens to their viper status - does they cease to be a viper?

Won't the "surge of chaos" essentially out quite a few vipers? Especially if the Tome of Truth is used?

Either way - sign me up now. This looks to be lots of fun.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Lady Tialait - Wow - you just broke my mind with simplicity. I think we may finally have a recruiting game where it'll not be lopsided one way or the other. Essentially, since no one dies (lynching leads to mummification and vipers recruit not kill), no team gets an advantage once the kills/recruitment begins steamrolling like in historical recruitment games.

But I have to ask a few questions...

Villagers - start with objective of staying alive I assume. Win condition? Like, are they only alligned to win with the mummy victory, or if they kill the vipers and > mummies, do they win? Just wondering cause I can see a "lynch me next" vibe going on, just to have players come back as mummies after a day cycle...

Vipers - can they recruit mummies? If so - can that mummy become a viper if lynched & recruited again...
    Conversely...
    Vipers - when lynched, do they become a mummy? What happens to their viper status - does they cease to be a viper?

Won't the "surge of chaos" essentially out quite a few vipers? Especially if the Tome of Truth is used?

Either way - sign me up now. This looks to be lots of fun.
    Alright to start with, all villagers start as mummies. That means there are only two sides. The Mummies and the Vipers.

Mummies resurrect, Vipers do not.

Vipers can recruit, Mummies cannot.

Mummies want to destroy all Vipers.

Vipers want to outnumber Mummies.

That is the core. Very simple. You cannot be killed for very long from a lynch unless you are a Viper, then you can be lynched normally.

As for events and items, they are there to give some clue to who is a viper. All of them are to give an edge to the Mummies. After all, if there is nothing to assist the game will pretty much go to the vipers...barring a lucky lynch-vote.

I was thinking 1 Viper per 10 Mummies at the start of the game. As there are no power roles to speak of, book keeping will be about on my level.

Is that any clearer?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

23. - Top - End - #593

NecromancerGirl

Huh, I swore I posted this... Anyways, Reverse WW IV has been submitted for MOD approval.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Halfling in the Playground

I've got an idea for an interesting variant ruleset based on bureaucracy. Any comments?

The Great Society WW
    Spoiler
    Show
    In The Great Society, our farsighted Constitution has abolished gameplay divisions based on race, religion, sexual orientation, creed, or predestination. Instead, wolves, seers, and baners operate as elected committees, ensuring transparency, fairness, and democracy.

Committees contain many members and one chairman. Committees can be any size within the limit given in the committee charter. The chairman of the committee receives one extra vote in a committee of sizes four through seven, two extra votes in a committee of sizes eight through sixteen, and three extra votes in a committee of sixteen or more. Committee votes can be made by plurality or majority. A committee which has reelection pending will operate as normal as long as it has a chairman; a committee with no chairman will cease to function.

Though committee assignments are initially made at random, any member of any committee can secretly vote to disband it. This will be announced at the next dawn or dusk, and the committee will be entirely re-elected in the next day or night afterwards. In addition, when a regular member of a committee dies, the committee must elect a new member by majority before the end of the day or night in which the killing occurred, or be put up for re-election. If a committee chairman is killed, that committee always goes up for re-election.

Committee elections will replace the entire committee. To run in a committee election, request a ticket number from the Great Computer with the full proposed lineup of the committee, including its chairman. All votes must be cast to the computer using ticket numbers. Tickets win or lose by numbers; even if two different tickets have the same proposed lineups, their votes are not aggregated. Once you have made a ticket, its lineup will not be released to anyone. At the conclusion of an election, the winning ticket number will not be announced. Only the elected committee members will be notified of their victory.

All players are always members of the Crisis Committee. This committee meets during the daytime, and selects one player to kill on each day by plurality vote. The Crisis Committee can neither be disbanded nor re-elected, nor will it ever have a chairman.

Note that there may be additional special roles given to players during the course of the game. These will be distributed in case of monotony. They will most likely contain certain time-limited or one-time-use actions that players can take.

The game is won by the chairman of Committee 115, the wolves' committee, when that committee composes a majority of all players. All other members of Committee 115 are to be commended on their chairman's victory, and will assuredly be his valued assistants in his upcoming reign. Non-members of Committee 115 are assured that their deaths will be quick, merciful, and entirely necessary. No non-wolf victory condition is possible.

The Committees
    Spoiler
    Show
    Committee 115: The Wolves
    Committee 115 chooses, by majority, one player to kill each night.
    It starts out with five members, and will never be larger than eight members nor smaller than two members.

Committee 231: The Seers
    Committee 231 chooses, by plurality, one player each night; the full list of committees which this player sits on will be provided on the morning after.
    It starts out with six members, and will never be larger than ten members nor smaller than two members.

Committee 6560: The Baners
    Committee 6560 chooses, by plurality, one player each night; should Committee 115 take action against that player on the same night, this player is spared.
    It starts out with eight members, and will never be larger than fifteen members nor smaller than four members.
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-02-10 at 10:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

25. - Top - End - #595
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    Huh, I swore I posted this... Anyways, Reverse WW IV has been submitted for MOD approval.
    Yes

I've been wanting to play this since I came here.

26. - Top - End - #596

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheFerret View Post
    I've got an idea for an interesting variant ruleset based on bureaucracy. Any comments?
    *snip*No non-wolf victory condition is possible.*snip*
    Wut? That's not even a game by game theory.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Wut? That's not even a game by game theory.
    The point is that the wolf team will be periodically changed. So, ultimately, though "the wolves" will always win, that doesn't have much bearing on which players win.

I guess I could find a different victory condition, but I don't see a good branching point for one in the setup here. That said, I am increasingly not sure about this victory condition. I do have some rewriting to do, no question about that...
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-02-10 at 11:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

28. - Top - End - #598

Ah, so it's about getting in at the right time.
    Hm. Seems too chancy with commitee getting in ness random.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

29. - Top - End - #599

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    :D

Woo! Reverse WW!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Pixie in the Playground

Shape-shifters has ended with a Villain victory!