New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post

Expressing my distaste for a particular word and then being bombarded with people using it seemingly deliberately just to annoy me is my fault?

Thanks.
    When your distaste is irrational and frankly rather pointless and also combined with snarky comments about how people who use it around you are poor at "not making people hate you"?

Yeah, it kinda is.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

And I'll believe that when you don't make it sound like you're being spiteful.
    The fact that I have given you my word that it isn't spiteful isn't enough? The fact that I have been given and maintained a position that requires me not to be spiteful also isn't enough?

I was mearly stating that I like the word "usage" and intend to utilise it as much as possible in everyday life, nothing specific to you.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    When your distaste is irrational and frankly rather pointless and also combined with snarky comments about how people who use it around you are poor at "not making people hate you"?

Yeah, it kinda is.
    No, you see, that comment was about how he clearly marked his intention to "use it as much as possible" which appears very spiteful.

I am not very good with people. But when I see someone saying they're going to do something that I just said I dislike as often as possible, I assume that this is because I dislike it. Most of the time it is because I dislike it. For some reason, I attract the kind who need a nice punching bag to make them feel better and I apologise if this made me jump to incorrect conclusions (regardless of how ambiguously worded and poorly timed the "offending" sentence was). However, what I WILL NOT stand for is insinuation that it's my fault. At all. Ever.

I'm done with being pointlessly insulted. Yay.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-10-17 at 10:18 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Barbarian in the Playground

No, you see, that comment was about how he clearly marked his intention to "use it as much as possible" which appears very spiteful.

I am not very good with people. But when I see someone saying they're going to do something that I just said I dislike as often as possible, I assume that this is because I dislike it. Most of the time it is because I dislike it. For some reason, I attract the kind who need a nice punching bag to make them feel better and I apologise if this made me jump to incorrect conclusions (regardless of how ambiguously worded and poorly timed the "offending" sentence was). However, what I WILL NOT stand for is insinuation that it's my fault. At all. Ever.

I'm done with being pointlessly insulted. Yay.
    I think you're being somewhat oversensitive. I have not insulted you. No one here has. You seem to have taken someone using a word you do not like as a personal insult, when it clearly is not. What you responded with was though, to a certain extent. No one likes to be called spiteful. Your overreaction is your fault.
    Last edited by Phaedra; 2010-10-17 at 10:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Man, trying to sleep with all that caffeine on me was tough...

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Man, trying to sleep with all that caffeine on me was tough...
    Try sleeping with an entire indy rock band in the room next to you, then we'll talk. <.<;

By the way, my brother's indy rock band came and played in town yesterday. This being my brother's home town, it was pretty awesome.

And there was a campfire and drinks after the fact, so that was cool too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #1117

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Try sleeping with an entire indy rock band in the room next to you, then we'll talk. <.<;
    I tried with one in the same room, once. (It was a big room.) No sleep was had.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Banned

Beg pardon for a moment--I have a posting problem that "preview post" is not catching. Actual content to follow if this post will go through. [EDIT: Roaring campfire, you say? Bring on the longing for properly charred/fallen into the fire/bubbled over like Mt. St. Helens s'mores! At least graham crackers are available here. . .I think. You CAN microwave s'mores if you keep an eye on them. Once the stack of expanding marshmallow hits the top of the microwave, best to turn off the power. . .]
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2010-10-17 at 01:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post

By the way, my brother's indy rock band came and played in town yesterday. This being my brother's home town, it was pretty awesome.

And there was a campfire and drinks after the fact, so that was cool too.
    how about trying to sleep after reading brazillions of pages of actually creepy creepypasta as well as the "unsettling" posts on the SCP foundation. usage
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

10. - Top - End - #1120

Totally off topic, but I have a splitting headache, so I just want to write down what I'm gonna write down then go drink more water and lie down some more:

My friends and I are awesome.

We had a party on the Toronto Islands. We had a whole 40 of rum, and a lot of vodka. We no longer have a 40 of rum, and there's barely any vodka left. I had... way too much straight vodka.

Enough straight vodka for us to decide it would be ok to miss the last ferry back to mainland, and camp out on the island.

Without a tent.

With only 2 baby blankets and 1 sleeping bag

for 5 of us.

After freezing our asses of for a couple of hours, we had the brilliant idea of starting a campfire.

AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED!

we managed to keep a reasonable campfire going for 5 hours before it was time to attempt to catch the ferry.

But then everything started working against us. We forgot when the ferry was, so had to wait an extra hour for the ferry. Then the subway was closed for another hour, so we decided to take the streetcar/tram instead. Then, because of the marathon, we learned that all of our normal routes home were closed.

I ended up walking, getting home, eating a bowl of cereal, throwing up said bowl of cereal, and then sleeping for a while. I now have a splitting hangover, but I learned a LOT!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Totally off topic, but I have a splitting headache, so I just want to write down what I'm gonna write down then go drink more water and lie down some more:

My friends and I are awesome.

We had a party on the Toronto Islands. We had a whole 40 of rum, and a lot of vodka. We no longer have a 40 of rum, and there's barely any vodka left. I had... way too much straight vodka.

Enough straight vodka for us to decide it would be ok to miss the last ferry back to mainland, and camp out on the island.

Without a tent.

With only 2 baby blankets and 1 sleeping bag

for 5 of us.

After freezing our asses of for a couple of hours, we had the brilliant idea of starting a campfire.

AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED!

we managed to keep a reasonable campfire going for 5 hours before it was time to attempt to catch the ferry.

But then everything started working against us. We forgot when the ferry was, so had to wait an extra hour for the ferry. Then the subway was closed for another hour, so we decided to take the streetcar/tram instead. Then, because of the marathon, we learned that all of our normal routes home were closed.

I ended up walking, getting home, eating a bowl of cereal, throwing up said bowl of cereal, and then sleeping for a while. I now have a splitting hangover, but I learned a LOT!
    always carry a tent? make sure you have enough sleeping bags? don't miss the ferry? edward 40 hands is a bad idea?
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

12. - Top - End - #1122

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    always carry a tent? make sure you have enough sleeping bags? don't miss the ferry? edward 40 hands is a bad idea?
    Well, we had originally PLANNED on having a tent and full camping equipment, but it was decided to not sleep on the island shortly before we left for the island. I didn't get the memo, so I still brought my sleeping bag and blankets. As for missing the ferry, it was more of a "well, we COULD go to the ferry, but it's still so eaaarrly!" kinda thing.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we had originally PLANNED on having a tent and full camping equipment, but it was decided to not sleep on the island shortly before we left for the island. I didn't get the memo, so I still brought my sleeping bag and blankets. As for missing the ferry, it was more of a "well, we COULD go to the ferry, but it's still so eaaarrly!" kinda thing.
    smooth. also toronto has islands?
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

14. - Top - End - #1124

smooth. also toronto has islands?
    That's how we roll. And yeah, the islands there are the reason Toronto exists. It used to be a peninsula creating a bay harbour, but a storm destroyed the landbridge, making it a bunch of islands. There's an amusement park on Centre Island, and housing on Ward Island. We hung out near the middle of Ward Island, far enough from any houses.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

That's how we roll. And yeah, the islands there are the reason Toronto exists. It used to be a peninsula creating a bay harbour, but a storm destroyed the landbridge, making it a bunch of islands. There's an amusement park on Centre Island, and housing on Ward Island. We hung out near the middle of Ward Island, far enough from any houses.
    awesome, texarkana has no islands :(
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Now just what in the heck is going on in these here parts.

@Gwyn: sounds pretty cool. Although I am confused as to what 'baby blankets' are.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2010-10-17 at 06:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1127

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Now just what in the heck is going on in these here parts.

@Gwyn: sounds pretty cool. Although I am confused as to what 'baby blankets' are.
    Well, what I call the baby blankets are these quilts my grandmother quilted for us when we were born. Mine is the best, cause it's mostly abstract patterns.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, what I call the baby blankets are these quilts my grandmother quilted for us when we were born. Mine is the best, cause it's mostly abstract patterns.
    mine is just alternating yellow and dark brown stripes
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

19. - Top - End - #1129

I don't know what mine is like... I'm pretty my mom still has it, though.

I do have one my mom knit for me, though. It fits a large bed.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what mine is like... I'm pretty my mom still has it, though.

I do have one my mom knit for me, though. It fits a large bed.
    cool, what's it look like?
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Banned

Huh, my mum's side of the family has a traditiion like that, except we get our quilts on our 21st birthday. Man, it's warm and smooth and everything. Thanks grandma!

22. - Top - End - #1132

cool, what's it look like?
    Horizontal brown and orange stripes. It's quite warm, so I use it in the winter a lot. Rest of the year it's really warm, so not...

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Horizontal brown and orange stripes. It's quite warm, so I use it in the winter a lot. Rest of the year it's really warm, so not...
    my winter blanket is one my mom got when she was stationed in korea. it's mink with a peacock on it
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wish I could find mine. It's probably in the closet down the hall, but...

*looks at door*

That's a really long walk.

Quilted by my grandmother, I believe. Though it's been a while since I've talked to anyone about it, so perhaps my it's my great-grandmother's handiwork. Don't know.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

my aunt/godmother made mine
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

I'm worried I'm losing my olfactory senses.

Basically, everything has a sameness to their smell lately, and most things have a bitter aftertaste, even when they didn't have one before, such as chocolate or coke.

It's annoying, as I can't enjoy most things I eat or drink.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I'm worried I'm losing my olfactory senses.

Basically, everything has a sameness to their smell lately, and most things have a bitter aftertaste, even when they didn't have one before, such as chocolate or coke.

It's annoying, as I can't enjoy most things I eat or drink.
    have you had a cold lately?
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

have you had a cold lately?
    Not really, no. This and perpetual exhaustion and lethargy are the only symptoms I have.

I'm gonna see a doctor tomorrow, so I'll ask him about it. Until then, I just have to deal with the fact that my mouth tastes like ash.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I tried with one in the same room, once. (It was a big room.) No sleep was had.
    I pull this off on a fairly regular basis... but then again I have a lot of practice.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quilts, eh? My mom made me a quilt a year back. It's denim on the outside and fuzzy stuff on the inside. She cut up a lot of old jeans to make it.