New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    People think differently. Maybe those two people were a bit more speech-oriented and as such were able to understand it immediately. Some people would have gotten it only if you sung it.
    Yeah, I suppose. Oh well, the 2 people who did get laughed a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Help! I've been attacked by a mountain!
    For some reason all my work has attacked. For next week.
    I got lumbered with a two hour class next week for which I have 80 A4 pages of reading to do, much of it in Old English; I've got to type up my fully parsed translation of the first 298 OE Exodus into actual English (don't worry, that's not going to take more than four hours), start work on a textual criticism essay (although that's not due in for a fortnight, but if I do it this week I won't have two essays to do next week) and continue going to my regular lectures (why are they all virtually scheduled for Thursday? Six hours of lectures is not fun for someone who's normally had two a day on average) and my clubs.
    Three of which involve singing and rehearsals for performances.

*ka-desk*

And, naturally, there was a fire drill this morning at half past eight in the morning. And I was the fire warden for the house so had to make certain everyone was gone before leaving myself and doing the roster.
    Shortly followed by six almost continuous (there was an hour break) lectures or tutorials from ten until five.
    ANd then shopping.
    And then I found out about the horrendously insane workload I got for my homilies class next week.

For someone who's never had to do a lot of work before this is distressingly large.
    Remember two hours of lectures a day on average, and one essay.

Tired Koorly is tired.
    And hungry. I barely had time to eat all day, so even though I literally iust finished dinner I am starving.
    Plus I spent much of the last hour trying to clean Communist propaganda off a fridge in History's Friend's house kitchen.
    ((Everyone else had gotten drunk sometime over the weekend and held a COmmunist revolution in the kitchen which resulted in one Communist fridge (the communal one) and one Capitalist fridge.
    And I somehow wound up helping History Friend and a Politics student try to scrub semi-indelible pen off the fridges to help them avoid getting fined.))

It was very funny propaganda actually.
    Such is life in Soviet Camford.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-10-21 at 05:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Poor Koorly. But did you have to go shopping?

ION: Wuld you beleive Ringo's 70 from this video?

4. - Top - End - #1324

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Poor Koorly. But did you have to go shopping?
    Food.
    I like it.
    Also I was out of deodorant. That was a problem.
    But not as bad as the: 'I have one sachet of cuppa-soup left, and I've iust started making lunch' problem.
    I now have a iar of Tesco's nutella ripoff. I am eating nutella sandwiches as I type.
    Scrummy.

I'm not a typical girl. I don't like shopping. Except for books.

Thanks for the concern though. However, a ray of light! My saint's lives (about twenty pages) come with a facing page translation.
    I declare a boogie.

*BOOGIE OF LIGHTENED WORK LOAD!*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Plus I spent much of the last hour trying to clean Communist propaganda off a fridge in History's Friend's house kitchen.
    ((Everyone else had gotten drunk sometime over the weekend and held a COmmunist revolution in the kitchen which resulted in one Communist fridge (the communal one) and one Capitalist fridge.
    And I somehow wound up helping History Friend and a Politics student try to scrub semi-indelible pen off the fridges to help them avoid getting fined.))

It was very funny propaganda actually.
    Such is life in Soviet Camford.
    Funny propaganda is funny. And speaking of propaganda, I got reminded of the history lesson when I mentioned something about Soviet propaganda posters, and my history teacher went and got a thick book consisting solely of large reprints of numerous Soviet propaganda posters, which I and a few friends spent the entire lesson poring over. That wasn't a bad lesson.

Soviet propaganda posters are kind of absurd when you put them in contrast to how life really was, but I like the artistic style in them. Which reminds me of this song. The music video is basically an animated (and a bit abstract) Soviet propaganda poster, which is why I find it so fascinating (song's good too).
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-10-21 at 05:56 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Food.
    I like it.
    I now have a iar of Tesco's nutella ripoff. I am eating nutella sandwiches as I type.
    Scrummy.
    Goog choice

I'm not a typical girl. I don't like shopping. Except for books.
    No, really?

Is anyone normal?

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Is anyone normal?
    "Normal" is a word invented by the insecure masses to establish superiority over those few who dare to live their own lives.

Okay, I'm not really that harsh on people, but I like this sentiment I came up with some years ago (and remodelled a bit now on the fly).

Show

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    "Normal" is a word invented by the insecure masses to establish superiority over those few who dare to live their own lives.

Okay, I'm not really that harsh on people, but I like this sentiment I came up with some years ago (and remodelled a bit now on the fly).
    And so, the answer is no.

ION: I just bought the Original DBZ Theme on iTunes. See, "normal".

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    If you have not seen the movie Red yet, get up from your computer right now, and go see it. Seriously, John Malkovich was flipping hilarious, I about died laughing.
    This will be the next film I go see at the movies. Won't be until next week, though, sine I am flat broke right now. Actually, I'm worse off than flat broke. And I don't get paid until a week from now.

It's a slight problem.

*BOOGIE OF LIGHTENED WORK LOAD!*
    Woohoo for boogie!

Tomorrow at work, I will have a meting with my manager about a team newsletter that I was put in charge of putting together.
    'Do what you want with it, it'll be your project to do what you want with', they said.

That is, until they saw the final draft, which looked pretty good in my opinion. Then my team Ops Manager stepped in and decided that since it didn't look like what she'd imagined it would look like, it was unacceptable, and we had to redo a whole lot of stuff.

Let's just say that I was not amused.
    My Team Ops Manager is seemingly incapable of delegating and letting things go. It's very irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Tomorrow at work, I will have a meting with my manager about a team newsletter that I was put in charge of putting together.
    'Do what you want with it, it'll be your project to do what you want with', they said.

That is, until they saw the final draft, which looked pretty good in my opinion. Then my team Ops Manager stepped in and decided that since it didn't look like what she'd imagined it would look like, it was unacceptable, and we had to redo a whole lot of stuff.

Let's just say that I was not amused.
    My Team Ops Manager is seemingly incapable of delegating and letting things go. It's very irritating.
    This sounds stupid. If you state that the person can do what they want with something in a project, you certainly shouldn't get dissapointed and demand a redo when it doesn't look like you imagined it (unless, of course, it's utterly crappy and not very well thought through).

Good luck tomorrow, I guess (wait, shouldn't it be today?). I'm off to sleep.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm studying for my computer science midterm and in my textbook there is a terrifying heading. Living in a Nondigital World. Following the heading is a the terrifying beginning of a story that tells what would happen if all modern technology stopped working.

I'm not going to be able to sleep for weeks.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    So I'm studying for my computer science midterm and in my textbook there is a terrifying heading. Living in a Nondigital World. Following the heading is a the terrifying beginning of a story that tells what would happen if all modern technology stopped working.

I'm not going to be able to sleep for weeks.
    Wasn't that the Y2K scare?

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Normal is what everybody else is, and you are not.

This is true regardless of who says it and to who it is said. Think about that for a moment.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

This is true regardless of who says it and to who it is said. Think about that for a moment.
    Hey! I am perfectly normal, with the exception of my incredible intellect and unbelievable humility!
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

My motto actually is:

"There is exactly one person in the world at any given time that's perfectly normal... And I wouldn't want to be THAT weirdo!"
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasn't that the Y2K scare?
    No it was just a little insert in the book to make a point about how important technology has become.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

No it was just a little insert in the book to make a point about how important technology has become.
    Yes. Wasn't the Y2K problem the fact that computer's would go, well, KABLOOEY!

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

They wouldn't go KABLOOEY.
    They'd just stop knowing what date it was.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Well ya, but that's not what the book was referring too.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well ya, but that's not what the book was referring too.
    Same sort of problem though...

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

Same sort of problem though...
    I dunno... I think it would be interesting to see what that would have done to the banks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I dunno... I think it would be interesting to see what that would have done to the banks.
    No it wouldn't, that'd stink

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

*old man mode: engage*

I remember back when I grew up. We didn't have that interwebs or X-crates.
    A PlayStation was a place with a set of swings, some monkey bars and a sandbox or two, and Wii was something you did in the toilet.

And we managed just fine.
    You kids of today are soft and it would only do you good if you went outside every once in a while. *shakes fist*

*old man mode: disengage*

Losing digital capabilities wouldn't be the end of the world. It'd set us back a bit, but in the end we'd adapt and move on with our lives.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A PlayStation was a place with a set of swings, some monkey bars and a sandbox or two, and Wii was something you did in the toilet.

You kids of today are soft and it would only do you good if you went outside every once in a while. *shakes fist*

Losing digital capabilities wouldn't be the end of the world. It'd set us back a bit, but in the end we'd adapt and move on with our lives.
    No, no, no, no, no, no. Y2K wasn't just the web. It'd screw up Airplanes and other stuff. So say my parents.

25. - Top - End - #1345

My feet are tired from tapping along to very high-tempo songs. Aaargh.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

No, no, no, no, no, no. Y2K wasn't just the web. It'd screw up Airplanes and other stuff. So say my parents.
    Any why, pray tell, does an aeroplane need to know the date?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Something about the radio towers (not what they're called) telling the planes where to land and not having that capability because of the computers used being on the fritz.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Banned

You're forgetting Y2K was supposed to corrupt any machinery or electronic device. Or it was magic or some nonsense.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

Where did I say that it only referred to the web.
    The Y2K bug was a perceived problem because applications had previously been configured to only use two digits for designating the year, as in 01/01/98, and they were worried that computers would get screwed up because they'd turn over to 01/01/00 and think that the year was 1900 instead of 2000, and because of that crash because they wouldn't be able to handle trying to find documents and stuff that was created/saved in the future.

This could potentially have screwed up flight computers.

Working on New Years Eve and doing the night shift that night was kind of over hyped and very uneventful.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

No it wouldn't, that'd stink
    I said see, not experience :P

Actually, it'd screw up the entire world's economic system, a lot of governments, transportation, etc.
    People are becoming increasingly reliant on computers (myself included, sadly) for not only work but also entertainment.
    This is having the (un)happy side effect of making it rather easy to allow the things people do and say to be tracked. That's a subject for a different time. I don't have time to indulge in my paranoia right now. I have work to do, and I've gotta work fast.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?