New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: We reject physics in the name of AWESOME! (ToB Discipline, repost, 3.5, WIP)

Requesting permission to transfer to DnD-Wiki. The feats, PrCs, and of course, the discipline itself.
    On balance: Just because you don't agree with the level of balance doesn't mean that others cannot. While balance is objective, which balance is being aimed at is subjective.

DnD-Wiki (a place to store your homebrew) (is not DandDWiki) | My Homebrew |
    IRC: #dnd & #havvy | 5 Color Alignment | Why can't https:// links ever work around here?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: We reject physics in the name of AWESOME! (ToB Discipline, repost, 3.5, WIP)

Hm... Premission Granted.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now that there's no fear of necro, I've got a question about the Hero's Blade feat, as it lets you wield weapons as if one size category larger, can you wield medium-sized two handed weapons as one-handed weapons (this question is due to my character in your game, who is aiming to dual-wield a Greatword and a Longsword).

I'd say it certainly fits with the source material.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Hm... I'd say that's best left to your DM in that case.

So, for you specifically, "yes", but in general, "ask your DM".
    Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Beam
    When initiating this maneuver, select one foe within 30 feet, and make a ranged touch attack against it. If it hits, you deal your usual melee damage plus 6d6 Slashing damage to that creature, and two creatures behind it of your choice have to make a Reflex save (DC 14+ Str mod) or take 3d6 points of Slashing damage.
    When initiating this maneuver, select one foe within 30 feet, and make a ranged touch attack against it. If it hits, you deal your usual melee damage plus 6d6 Slashing damage to that creature, and two creatures within a 30 ft. cone behind it the target of your choice have to make a Reflex save (DC 14 + Str mod) or take 3d6 points of Slashing damage.

Unless you want me to target the creature 10 miles behind it, because I just don't like him.

Also, can you make it a note that these maneuvers allow you entry into Bloodstorm Blade and that Bloodstorm Blade increases your initiator level for this discipline?

Oh, and can I get an up-to-four sentence summary of what this martial discipline does? The history is good, but I cannot find anything in it that basically describes it.

Oh, and except for the prestige classes, I basically have this transferred. :
    Last edited by Havvy; 2011-01-11 at 04:12 AM.
    On balance: Just because you don't agree with the level of balance doesn't mean that others cannot. While balance is objective, which balance is being aimed at is subjective.

IRC: #dnd & #havvy | 5 Color Alignment | Why can't https:// links ever work around here?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Havvy View Post
    When initiating this maneuver, select one foe within 30 feet, and make a ranged touch attack against it. If it hits, you deal your usual melee damage plus 6d6 Slashing damage to that creature, and two creatures within a 30 ft. cone behind it the target of your choice have to make a Reflex save (DC 14 + Str mod) or take 3d6 points of Slashing damage.

Unless you want me to target the creature 10 miles behind it, because I just don't like him.
    How did I miss that...

Also, can you make it a note that these maneuvers allow you entry into Bloodstorm Blade and that Bloodstorm Blade increases your initiator level for this discipline?
    But they don't. The only way this is assosciated with Iron Heart is that they mesh well. That's it.

Besides, Bloodstorm Blade is throwing things. This has shooting lasers from your sword, and only one of those too.

Oh, and can I get an up-to-four sentence summary of what this martial discipline does? The history is good, but I cannot find anything in it that basically describes it.
    "Leap into action and reject conventional physics to kill your enemies! A high-flying, dragon-bisecting, over the top discipline."

That work?
    Extended Signature.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

You forgot the "building smashing".
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    You forgot the "building smashing".

"Leap into action and reject conventional physics to kill your enemies! A high-flying, dragon-bisecting, property-damaging, over the top discipline."
    Extended Signature.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

That will work nicely. Thanks.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angelic Apotheosis (Su): At fifth level in this class, you have finally discovered the lost secret of the third apprentice, and can sprout a lone wing from your shoulder on a whim. When the wing is extended, you gain a fly speed equal to your base land speed, with perfect maneuverability, and gain a bonus on all Jump checks equal to your base land speed. In addition, whenever you are in a Diamond Mind or Hero's Edge stance, you receive a +5 bonus on all attack rolls.
    This means that you will hit 25% more of the time when in a Diamond Mind or Hero's Edge stance than when not in a stance. That is a *huge* melee boost. It would be more appropriate if it was +2 or +3 at the maximum. Anything higher, and you'll fall off of the RNG, which is bad. Top off the flight, and the bonus to jump, it becomes quite a powerful feature.

The flight and jump bonuses are good enough (though explaining whether 5ft or 1ft = +1 to jump would be useful) for the capstone of this class, especially seeing that it is short (5 levels), and you gain 1 BAB, 1 maneuver, 1 maneuver readied, and 1 stance.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

This means that you will hit 25% more of the time when in a Diamond Mind or Hero's Edge stance than when not in a stance. That is a *huge* melee boost. It would be more appropriate if it was +2 or +3 at the maximum. Anything higher, and you'll fall off of the RNG, which is bad. Top off the flight, and the bonus to jump, it becomes quite a powerful feature.

The flight and jump bonuses are good enough (though explaining whether 5ft or 1ft = +1 to jump would be useful) for the capstone of this class, especially seeing that it is short (5 levels), and you gain 1 BAB, 1 maneuver, 1 maneuver readied, and 1 stance.
    Hm... Point. Give me a minute to adjust that a little...
    Extended Signature.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Follower of the Third
    Background Music (Ex): Upon first entering this PrC, you, somehow, manifests an extraordinary piece of background music that is active most of the time. The type of music for this class feature is usually something foreboding, with ominous Latin chanting, but may be something else. This effect if usually active, giving the Follower of the Third a -10 penalty on Move Silently checks, but a +5 bonus on Intimidate checks made in a duel of wills or to demoralize an opponent. This can be suppressed as a move action, but reactivates at the first appropriate dramatic moment.
    I would write as:

Quote Originally Posted by Havvy's Rewrite
    Background Music (Ex): Upon first becoming a follower of the third, background music manifests around you for 30 ft. The music is something foreboding, usually with ominous Latin chanting, but possibly another accompaniment. This effect if usually active, causing a follower of the third to fail all Move Silently checks against creatures that can hear the music. When performing a duel of wills against a creature that can hear the music, that creatures takes a -5 penalty. The background music can be suppressed as a move action, but reactivates at the first appropriate dramatic moment.
    This removes the meta-elements from the description, gives a range to the background music, makes the background music give the target a penalty instead of granting you a bonus (more flavor than anything), and makes move silently an auto-fail against those who can hear it.

For the example, I'd write "(If your base land speed was 30ft, you would gain a +6 bonus to Jump)" since base land speed has many things that can change it, of which the racial base is only one.
    Last edited by Havvy; 2011-01-15 at 02:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

I would write as:

This removes the meta-elements from the description, gives a range to the background music, makes the background music give the target a penalty instead of granting you a bonus (more flavor than anything), and makes move silently an auto-fail against those who can hear it.
    My only issue is that the bonus on Intimidate checks is good for both Duel of Wills and demoralizing. I'll use the part about Move Silently auto-failing, but the Intimidate part needs to stay a bonus.

For the example, I'd write "(If your base land speed was 30ft, you would gain a +6 bonus to Jump)" since base land speed has many things that can change it, of which the racial base is only one.
    Yeah, I'll edit that once more.
    Extended Signature.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

The feat prerequisite for the follower of the third says Hero's Grip. Is that meant to be Hero's Blade or some other feat? If it is another feat, can you say where it is from?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

The feat prerequisite for the follower of the third says Hero's Grip. Is that meant to be Hero's Blade or some other feat? If it is another feat, can you say where it is from?
    It's supposed to be Hero's Blade.

...I'll edit it when I get home.
    Extended Signature.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

TMK already knows how much I like this dicipline, so I have decided to make a post on it. I even decided to allow this to be one off the diciplines available for my homebrew monk.
    I to be honest preferred teh theme music when you could still make move silently checks. Mostly so something like this could happen.

Heroic edge: I am sneaking, I am sneaking.
    BBEG: What the hell is that music?
    Heroic edge: Physic rejecting power of awesome!
    Slash/stab/bludgeon/range/magic
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.