Thread: nwn 2!

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: nwn 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Well Archie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hell yes kick down the headstone there may be money under them, well see if you can sell the bones.
    Oh have you got to that dozey fighter womans grandfathers retreat yet?
    If not BEFORE you get her to open a vein to get you in take everything off her, yep everything. *mutter mutter cost me a fortune mutter*

I have just done in the fire giants and dragon, only to get killed by a glitch, damn my lack of saving, I guess I'll just do it all again then.
    Fair warning...
    C.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell me about it i had to re-do the whole haven thing. i MADE Adamadite armour & enchanted it for her... then *poof* it vanishes. Grrr!
    And i hate the way you can't access anyone's inventory for the first part of act 3. Stupid nasher and his nighthood. how does being one of the 9 help a wizard... i am NOT taking a level in the PrC.

Next time i'm playing an elderich knight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

More moaning within

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a crazy Ftr/Brd/Dragon D/Frenzied Barb
    Did you know str maxes out at 36? bit of a pain, I'm the only melee guy who's not looking for a Str item.
    I'm playing with a mate of mine and we have had some nasty multiplayer issues, one of which ended up with me loosing all my kit, that wasn't cheep.
    Another thing is I got red Dragon armour, but the bonuses dont stack with the armour bracers and I'm already immune to fire... oh well.
    Oh have you found any power essances yet? I still cant make anything worthwhile darn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

More moaning within

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a crazy Ftr/Brd/Dragon D/Frenzied Barb
    Did you know str maxes out at 36? bit of a pain, I'm the only melee guy who's not looking for a Str item.
    I'm playing with a mate of mine and we have had some nasty multiplayer issues, one of which ended up with me loosing all my kit, that wasn't cheep.
    Another thing is I got red Dragon armour, but the bonuses dont stack with the armour bracers and I'm already immune to fire... oh well.
    Oh have you found any power essances yet? I still cant make anything worthwhile darn it.
    Blah Blah warned... Blah

Spoiler
    Show
    STR maxes out at 36... LOL you should be able to cause earthquakes!

take Skeleton rib
    get Pestle & mortar
    use mortar on rib.
    ta da essence.
    no alchamy lab required
    i have a greater magic bag full of crafting equipment

has anyone else tried equipping the construct with armour/weapons/rings... etc.

he he he
    i want epic levels... (i'm a wizard sue me)
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2006-12-19 at 09:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

After all your mumbling and grumbling, I should mention that my Warlock can't craft any cool items because of Obsidian's failure to translate him from the PnP properly. We're supposed to get Imbue Item @ level 12, so that we can use UMD checks to fake casting a spell. Alas, no dice.

That's kinda the reason I made a shoddy Bard / Warlock gestalt class. It's really quite fun. Well, it's also fun because he's got Rogue and Weapon Master mixed in as well. But that's just me.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warbacon View Post
    Alas, no dice.
    Was that supposed to be a pun?

I basically ignore crafting. I collect all the gems I find and Kelgar carries all the essences (all 300 lb of them) but I can never find anything worthwhile. All the recipies I have the right compenents for I already picked up as loot so I don't need to make any more.
    Skydiving as an activity does not in itself require a parachute.
    Skydiving as a hobby does.

People who take drugs are bad.
    Blasted customs agents.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Thing View Post
    Was that supposed to be a pun?
    Yes, it was.

What, you didn't find it funny?

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Thing View Post
    I basically ignore crafting. I collect all the gems I find and Kelgar carries all the essences (all 300 lb of them) but I can never find anything worthwhile. All the recipies I have the right compenents for I already picked up as loot so I don't need to make any more.
    Well it's really useful for making specific things -- like a Mithral Breastplate or Full Plate for your Bard / Warlock in Act 1, for example. And then you can go on and buff that armor, although rarely with anything truly useful. I have seen a mod with more crafting possibilities called "The Complete Craftsman" or something. Alas, parts of it were borked on the 1.0 install that I have (which is the only one that works, sadly).

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Blah Blah warned... Blah

Spoiler
    Show
    STR maxes out at 36... LOL you should be able to cause earthquakes!

take Skeleton rib
    get Pestle & mortar
    use mortar on rib.
    ta da essence.
    no alchamy lab required
    i have a greater magic bag full of crafting equipment

has anyone else tried equipping the construct with armour/weapons/rings... etc.

he he he
    i want epic levels... (i'm a wizard sue me)
    Darn it was that in those crafting insructions I never read?
    *note to self 'told you so'*
    I thought this game caps out at 20th is that not so?
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

The OC caps out at level 20 and 235,000 XP or so. Strangely, all the epic feats from HotU and a number of new ones are in there, and are probably functional, just disabled. So, even if you find the correct reference in feats.2da, and use the console command 'givefeat x' to give your target that feat, the console will reply that such-and-such a feat was not found.

Although I haven't tried re-enabling those feats yet ....

I was successful in enabling the Greater versions of the stat buffs (Greater Fox's Cunning, Greater Eagle's Splendor, etc...). They're ... pretty awesome. +8 CHA FTW.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Halfling in the Playground

I am having trouble. Kelgar won't follow my party leader. Everyone else will but for some reason he just sits there. I have already went into his character sheet and told him to follow the leader but he just sits there. So now I have to play as him and leave my character to the computer. Please help!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by assassins_shadow View Post
    I am having trouble. Kelgar won't follow my party leader. Everyone else will but for some reason he just sits there. I have already went into his character sheet and told him to follow the leader but he just sits there. So now I have to play as him and leave my character to the computer. Please help!
    I hope to (deity) that your character isn't a caster of some sort. The casting AI is ... uhm ... well it's downright shoddy. AI warlocks do some of the most intensely stupid things I have ever seen.

But yes, party AI is one of the many known weak points of the game. There's an AI fix here which helps a lot, but doesn't fix all the problems.

As it stands, the community for this game is just *too* strong to allow this poor gaming to go on forever, so you can be assured that after the first expansion, things should be running pretty smoothly.

Patience, grasshopper.

11. - Top - End - #311

I am a paladin/rogue so my character does fine by herself but I would much rather be the character that I made than the dwarf. I hate dwarves. Thanks for the help.

BTW(Helm)

Also my background (not the trees or anything but the sky) is all green lines. No clouds or anything just a big mass of green lines. Does anyone know what to do about that?
    Last edited by Gogo525; 2006-12-20 at 03:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

frown Re: nwn 2!

(This is a spoiler by the way)Sup all, I was wonderin' if anyone could help me out on a certain quest in Highcliff. It involves me and the lizard Slaan, i helped him out, freed his guys, and then was asked if i wanted to see his chieftan now. I chose not to, since i thought i wouldnt be able to do all the other stuff that i wanted to do, now that i am done with everything else, for some reason i cannot activate this quest, like talk to him about it, or go to a new area for it, nothing, i am lost. Could somebody help me out...

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by assassins_shadow View Post
    I am a paladin/rogue so my character does fine by herself but I would much rather be the character that I made than the dwarf. I hate dwarves. Thanks for the help.
    In game, as your character, right click on him and Issue Command to "Follow Me." Then leave the area. See if that keeps him following you.

Also my background (not the trees or anything but the sky) is all green lines. No clouds or anything just a big mass of green lines. Does anyone know what to do about that?
    That's a nasty video card problem there. Make sure it's compatible and update your drivers. If that doesn't fix it, try a reinstall and definitely be sure to have the latest patch, as that fixes a lot of graphics glitches.

14. - Top - End - #314

Thanks deathquaker. As for you orksblood I would say load the last auto save. If you have already left the area then I am just as lost as you are.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrkzBlood View Post
    (This is a spoiler by the way)
    If it's a spoiler, please use the spoiler tag. When making or editing a post, just surround your text with
    HTML Code:
    [spoiler]my spoiler text is in here[/spoiler]
    like so:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sup all, I was wonderin' if anyone could help me out on a certain quest in Highcliff. It involves me and the lizard Slaan, i helped him out, freed his guys, and then was asked if i wanted to see his chieftan now. I chose not to, since i thought i wouldnt be able to do all the other stuff that i wanted to do, now that i am done with everything else, for some reason i cannot activate this quest, like talk to him about it, or go to a new area for it, nothing, i am lost. Could somebody help me out...
    Reply:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As assassins_shadow said, one sure way is to reload a save you made before you declined his offer. If you don't have such a save, things become a little more uncertain:

If I remember correctly, killing him dropped a map to the lizardfolk caves. I'm not sure if there's a way to make him dead while he's in your party (given that he's a quest NPC) but you could try that. Change the game difficulty to D&D Hardcore or Hard, and throw a few area-effect spells like Fireball, Burning Hands, or Elanee's Call Lightning near him. He will die, to be certain, but I don't know if it will make the map spawn. Alternately, you could try bringing him to town and see if the townspeople will attack him or something.

Just my
    Spoiler
    Show
    3cp.

16. - Top - End - #316

Spoiler
    Show

If I remember correctly, killing him dropped a map to the lizardfolk caves. I'm not sure if there's a way to make him dead while he's in your party (given that he's a quest NPC) but you could try that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if it will work, but couldn't you just try to pick his pocket, rather than kill him? If the item drops, it's usually flagged as stealable as well.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

(This is a spoiler by the way)Sup all, I was wonderin' if anyone could help me out on a certain quest in Highcliff. It involves me and the lizard Slaan, i helped him out, freed his guys, and then was asked if i wanted to see his chieftan now. I chose not to, since i thought i wouldnt be able to do all the other stuff that i wanted to do, now that i am done with everything else, for some reason i cannot activate this quest, like talk to him about it, or go to a new area for it, nothing, i am lost. Could somebody help me out...
    Hold down the right click after highlighting him in the play field (rather than his icon) and eventually a menu will appear. Select Talk to and you'll be able to tell him to go to the chieftain.
    "They say we wizards are subtle. But believe you me, we've got nothing, nothing at all on women" - Harry Dresden, Storm Front
    A thousand and one blessings on the house of Ishukira for the Illuminated One avatar.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrogino View Post
    Hold down the right click after highlighting him in the play field (rather than his icon) and eventually a menu will appear. Select Talk to and you'll be able to tell him to go to the chieftain.
    Oh? I assumed when he said that he couldn't talk to him about it, he tried talking to him but the dialogue option wasn't there. Nice catch.

Also, good idea on trying to steal it, DeathQuaker.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh? I assumed when he said that he couldn't talk to him about it, he tried talking to him but the dialogue option wasn't there. Nice catch.
    Yeah, I didn't realise I could get a drop down menu by doing that until I looked up what was going wrong on the NWN2 forums - I'd already killed a chieftain and thought it was a dead path bug. The default time you need to hold the mouse down for is set a little too long (though it's adjustable in the options).
    "They say we wizards are subtle. But believe you me, we've got nothing, nothing at all on women" - Harry Dresden, Storm Front
    A thousand and one blessings on the house of Ishukira for the Illuminated One avatar.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrogino View Post
    Yeah, I didn't realise I could get a drop down menu by doing that until I looked up what was going wrong on the NWN2 forums
    ALWAYS play the tutorial. There's a reason it's there. Teaches you lots of nifty things, like dropdown menus and the usefulness of the Z key.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah you'll be telling us to read the manual next.

fffft.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah you'll be telling us to read the manual next.

fffft.
    the manual is turd.

i need to look stuff up in my PHB/DMG.

i remember NWN's Manuals...

they were good.

also the tutorial gives you at least 2 handy items.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323

2 handy items? I only ever got one good one. The festival cloak (or whatever it is called). Are you talking about the alcohol? You did say handy right? Ok then I only got one. Or can you use the alcohol for something?

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

And a trophy with some cure spells in it. Can't remember what cure spells but they were useful at lower levels.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker View Post
    ALWAYS play the tutorial. There's a reason it's there. Teaches you lots of nifty things, like dropdown menus and the usefulness of the Z key.
    I played the tutorial (extra xp? Who'd turn that down?) I just managed to miss the mention of the "Talk to NPC" option during it entirely - or blanked it out.

26. - Top - End - #326

HalflingRangerGuy

I played a half orc sorc 1/ barb 2/ ftr 2/Dragon disciple 5/ Frenzied berzerker 10. Meh. Bland.

I think the plot that they made was pretty linear.
    My mother says: those on fire should roll.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Okeedokee then.
    Christmas, presents, money.
    Neverwinter Nights 2.
    Two queries.
    Where can I get Lawful Good edition in the UK?
    Base classes?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Base Classes is everything in NWN1 plus the Warlock.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh goody. I've been wanting to play a Warlock.
    Why a Warlock of all classes though?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Don't know, be thankful they didn't decide on anything like Samurai.