New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight VII: III The Dark Tower

Dresden

"Like Hell you will." I slam my staff to the ground and start to put magic back into the wards that Marcone had installed here, wards designed by the CEO of MonOcc Industries, Odin himself to prevent magic from getting in or out.

I raised my entirely non-magical gun and pointed it at Flagg. "You're not going anywhere."

Team Dresden

When the dogs recover their footing to the sides Murphy and Thomas open fire. Two shotgun slugs and more P90 bullets than I personally care to count fly towards Richard.

"Who the hell is this Creep?" Murphy asks.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Dresden
    "Put it down before you hurt yourself." He says dismissively. Then he stops.
    "Or is this personal? Is this about your apprentice? How she begged, and pleaded, but couldn't escape me, or what she'd done. You know, she didn't lose faith until the last second, she kept thinking you'd come to rescue her. But you didn't, and I took her, and all she could do was retreat and wait for it to end."
    He pops his hands in his pocket, still smiling. "I'm not scared of you, Dresden. I'm feeling lucky. Give it your best shot." He removes a stick of gum and pops it in his mouth, then starts chewing.

Team Dresden
    Richard gets hit once before he snaps out a shield. The bullet tears int his shoulder, breaking his collarbone and making him stagger, but he only winces and tosses his sword to his other hand.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Eddie, Scott, and Gil

Who the hell's Hayato? It's me, Eddie, one of the guys you picked up, remember! I wanna rig this thing up for a rock show. Right here, right now. Can you help?

Dante

"Yeah, THIS part's new. It's violence time, kids!" Taking Pandora out of his coat and changing it into Grief form, he hurls it into the mass of rats, slicing every rat it touches to ribbons. As it flies, he draws the remodeled Rebellion, leveling it at the oncoming horde. He grins as the blade begins to glow red with demonic power.

The power of Sparda.

"THIS PARTY'S JUST GETTING STARTED! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" With that, he dashes forward with Stinger, thrusting his sword through an entire row of ROUSmen before beginning a deadly dance of blades and bullets. Pistol rounds, shotgun blasts, and the singing of blades compose a symphony of devastation, tearing through the rat horde's ranks like a wildfire.

Caim

Time to shut up, little doggies. Caim once more activates the dark enhancements of the Skull Banquet, and rushes forth. The werewolves cannot react to his massively boosted speed, and his equally great strength allows him to smash their heads with but a single strike.

In his mind, he's laughing. There are only two things that Caim truly enjoys, and he doubts he's ever going to see one of them again. Therefore, he has to milk the remaining pleasure for all he can.

Too bad that one remaining pleasure is 'wholesale slaughter.'
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-10-11 at 10:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coop
    He looks around. Was he hallucinating earlier? Probably. Oh well, he had some buds to chill with now!
    "Yeah, I think I have just the trick..." he says, pressing a series of buttons. Megas' chest opens up and a stage extends. Speakers bigger than ever thought possible are hooked up to Megas and the amplified Getter energy running through this stage increase the output tenfold.
    "So, ready to rock?" he says, grinning.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yoshimori

After killing the wolf he starts walking only for Madaro his families demon dog spirit to appear from the stone that he usually stays in. He then say to Yoshimori, "Wait Yoshimori I smell more of those beasts coming from that way as well as a human like scent. You better get over there and make sure everythings all right." Yoshimori sighs and says, "Well better get over there and take a look." He then takes off in the direction that Caim is

Fayt

He goes back to the group and tells them about what he was told hoping that John would help him come up with a plan. Ash, not so much. Tommy's help would be appreciated though.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

He seems utterly unruffled by the entire affair, as if their appearance had been expected. Calm certainty, compared to Molly's own small amount panic. Reinforcing that contrast between them...and her desire to be more like him.

"Then let's not keep him waiting, shall we?"

Planetary (and the Century Babies)

John Taylor

"Sounds like another day at the office."

I process Fayt's words, and purse my lips before coming to a decision.

"My Lord, may we impose on your hospitality until sunrise? Your land is bitterly cold, and to venture forth in the night would only cause us to freeze to death."

Axel Brass's Hideaway

Axel Brass's legs were ruined in his final battle, when the Quantum Computer, left uncontrolled and directionless, nearly destroyed the snowflake, and by its actions, summoned a League into the world to destroy it, and thus, save theirs.

But Axel has evolved beyond that, his formidable mind no longer needing sleep nor food nor drink. He has learned to close wounds by willpower alone, and the more Palpatine hits him, the quicker his injuries regenerate.

Unrelenting, the Mind of the Twentieth Century continues blasting away with his turbopistols. The Sith had to succumb at some point.

Steppenwolf is cautious. He prefers not to fight unless he has had time to study his foe, learn their habits and tactics. He's also a new god, and a different order of being to Elijah in terms of endurance, toughness, strength and speed. And he is as arrogant as most of his kind, unable to turn down a challenge.
    With a sneer, he draws a knife with a blade of radium, one he uses against the Gods of New Genesis, and comes towards Elijah in a crouch. He keeps his focus everywhere, however, expecting a trap.

Elijah, as befitting his personality, lets Steppenwolf approach before subtracting the heat in the New Gods body. Water in Steppenwolf's brain freezes into ice crystals, and ruptures cell membranes, causing massive nerve damage and paralysis. It continues down to his brianstem, where breathing and autonomic functions shut down as the bitter cold and ice cause it to freeze over. A literal brain freeze.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-10-11 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #127

Dresden

"You son of a bitch." I swore and emptied my revolver at Flagg, fortunate I took that lesson with Roland it's not much but it's a lot better than I was before.

Morbious followed lunging across the room attempting to slam him into the desk.

Ramirez

The problem with Water magic is that unlike Fire magic it can't just make some out of thin air and unlike Earth and Wind magic it isn't everywhere. That gives Carlos a slight disadvantage in the desert but he's not completely helpless a gernade on the other side of the swarm plus a little enthropy induced confusion should keep the rodents off of their backs for a little bit.

Castle That Never Was

The way is now clear of Heartless and Nobodies, you come to a crossroads of three doors. One has some sort of logo on it some symbol with an L and C, another that is smeared with blood and the third has a dual headed guitar on it. It seems like you found the passages to the members indivdual quarters.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Evil Ka'tet
    You are taken to their camp, and led into the Good Man's tent.
    John Farson was a tall man, who wore his long black hair in a messy top knot, his body is sinewy and tough, with the sort of definition on his arms that seemed profoundly unnatural. He's dressed in studded black leather over kevlar, and wears a red bronze gladiator helmet that covers his face except for his lower jaw.
    He was the Crimson King's minister for war, just as Flagg was his minister of State and another was his minister of 'acquisitions'.
    Slung to his chair are a range of weapons, most of them blades from a variety of cultures and worlds. While none of them are named or legendary, they are all appropriate to purpose. He's never been able to master guns, though he has minions who are. But he's never needed them.
    Beside him sits a suave man shrouded in shadows and lingering tobacco smoke. He was a dashing fellow with meticulously groomed hair and a smile that seemed just the faintest degree away from an outright sneer. He wore a deep purple smoking jacket and exotic slippers. His eyes have the faintest flicker of surprise when you enter, but it's gone in a moment.
    "Nicodemus. The years have been kind to you, haven't they?" Dorian Grey says in a bored drawl, getting to his feet.
    He gives Molly a smile, which she returns nervously, and your suddenly reminded of a fawn too young to know the danger it's in, that will be nothing more then a skeleton picked clean by morning if it doesn't bolt while it still has a chance.
    "And who is this enchanting creature?" He asks, taking her hand and kissing it in an old fashioned, courtly gesture, although his lips lingered a second to long for propriety.

John Taylor
    Stannis nods. "You're welcome to it." he replies, putting his sword away on his hip, and folding his arms. "Rooms aplenty in both the towers."

Elijah
    Your attack dammages him, but not much, as he has very little water in his body indeed, and it has chemical defenses that allow it to survive in absolute zero. Steppenwolf can fly through space without a helmet and survive in absolute zero, it would have to be very cold to damage him.
    He's still swaying, his healing factor trying to compensate. The way to kill him is his own knife.

Brass
    Palpetine changes tactics. Blinding bolts of energy coruscated from his fingers, slamming into Brass like sorceress lightning. They don't do much damage, they simply go for his nerves, and deal more pain then can be imagined or endured. They tear through his insides, looking for ground, and he can only shrink back from it, convulsing as they ebb away his strength.

Dante
    The ordinary rats don't have a hope, and die, with tiny, forlorn squeaks. The larger ones are hurt, but mostly manage to avoid he blade bar a few knicks and scratches.
    The Lowman removes a short bladed, long handled knife and parries you with it's deformed hands, showing surprising strength, but it can't keep up with you for long, and you cut it in half.
    They're not tough, but they have numbers.

Ramirez
    The grenade works quite well.

Caim
    The werewolves are unnaturally fast, but to you they might as well be moving at a brisk walk, and you go through them quickly. Unfortunately, you're far from fatal. Their healing factor (actual canon) allows them to recover in a day from the every bone in the entire right side of their body broken. The injuries are crippling, but not quite enough. You want an instant, definite kill, or it won't be enough.

Godzilla
    You finally arrive.

Dresden
    You miss every shot. Roland would miss every shot. The bullets simply curve away. He laughs.
    "Oh, touched a nerve, did I? He says, hand leaping out and stopping Morbius from drawing the blade more then halfway out of the scabbard by catching his elbow. "Know what I did to Ebenezzer?" He licks his lips. "Rub a dub dub. Thanks for the grub. I haven't got my heart set on Susan yet. I was thinking of giving her an interview with the original Count. I've always been a fan of irony."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-10-11 at 11:26 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Vin

Via Atium, Vin sees the lightning strike coming.

So she throws Hyrim Finger at Richard, and Steelpushes it as hard as she can, causing it to move as fast as a longbow arrow.

Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane, seeing how gunshots do nothing, decides to whack Randall across the skull with his Staff.

Sanya

"Thank you, M'Lord...M'Lord is the proper mode of address, da?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

Nicodemus subtly protects his latest project from Dorian's appetites by his own show of strength. Dorian was rather animal-like, shrinking from a larger fish.

"I am quite well, Dorian. Your painting was looking quite...lovely, the last time I last laid eyes on it."

But Dorian is but the hired help in this instance. It is John Farson that the Denarian has business with.

"Now, you wished to see me?"

Jakita Wagner

It is she, rather than Elijah that takes advantage of his disorientation. Leaping over him, she knocks the knife out from his hand and catches it in mid-air. Landing just inside his arm's reach, she plants it inside his chest.

"I don't need you to defend me, Elijah."

Now and Future

He collapses at last, twitching due Palpatine's attack.

"Excuse me," a voice comes from behind the Emperor. "You want the machine collapsed? Here you bloody go."

Jenny Sparks transforms into lightning once more, and leaps through Palpatine's nervous system, and from there into the wiring powering the machine, dumping his electrical impulses into its power grid. It barely measures as a blip within standard parameters.

She reappears once more, having drained a small fraction of the power to light herself a ciggie.

"Sorry, Robes. But I suppose you weren't big enough to succeed."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #131

Dresden

I don't wast any time on more words. I just raise my staff and let my very soul flow through it, creating the divine binds of soul fire in a regular force spell around Flagg's throat.

Morbius gets to his feet and stands ready to make another move when he has an opening.

Ramirez

With the rodents dealt with Carlos draws his silver Warden sword and approaches the Ratman behind the curtain. "Maybe this bull**** was in the book. Tell me what the hell is going on rodent before I gut you."

Team Dresden

Billy, Georgia and Mouse test to see if that shield covers all sides by sneaking behind Richard as Murphy and Thomas keep providing them with cover fire.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Nicodemus
    Dorian's eyes flash, but he sounds a tad to forced to maintain his usual bored drawl. "Kind of you to say so." He forces out, sitting back down.
    Farsons nods at your response approvingly, and stands up. You get the impression he's not keen on Dorian.
    "Another group is coming across the wall tonight." His voice is soft, so much that everyone had to strain just to hear him.
    "It would be best if you left. We'll kill them if we can."

Jakita Wagner
    Steppenwolf goes down, collapsing dead, a surprised look on his face, as though the event was unbelievable.

Once and future Spirit
    Palpatine, however, does not. His body is not well, and barely responding, but his formidable will keeps it moving no matter how damaged it might be. He didn't move under his own power much anyway. He manipulated himself like a puppet using the force, explaining how he could still be so spry despite his horrific, wasted condition. With a gesture he forces her away again, then moves towards the super computer, seemingly unopposed.

Sanya
    "Good enough." Stannis replies, already dismissing you.

Vin
    The lightning misses you by a fraction. A hair. The faintest of margins. You really are running short on Atium, given that all you had with you was a small supply, and it's not like you can materialize more.

Team Dresden
    Richard vanishes. He's gone, no scent, no sound, no body.

Flagg
    They hold him, tight as a noose. That's not something he was prepared for, and he has no quick response planned like he did with the others. So he starts changing shape, a wolf snapping at the bindings, then a snake trying to get free, then a raven, then fire, then mist.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-10-12 at 06:16 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

The Puritan Avenger grimly pokes the Staff of Solomon into the writhing form that is Randall Flagg: the Staff has demostrated the power to neutralize enchantments before.

Perhaps it'll confine Randall Flagg to a single form.

Vin

Vin retrieves Hyrim Finger. "Damm." She says.

She turns to everyone else. "Assuming that the backstabber known as Richard is truly gone, I think we should go to Dresden and Co.'s aid."

If Richard doesn't pop out again after a moment, she goes ahead and does it".
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-10-12 at 12:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon Kane
    The staff turns into a snake in your hands. You gasp and drop it. It's never done that before. Well, it has, but never for you.
    The snake is massive with coils as thick as your legs that seem to go on forever, golden scales and eyes that seem wise and sad.
    Randal, trapped in the body of a black serpent with red eyes, is caught in a fight he doesn't have a chance in, as the two dance around each other, using their muscular coils and leverage to attempt to break each other in half. After a moment, Flagg slips out, but before he can go far the golden serpent strikes, biting him behind the neck. Randall hisses but gets away, and the other snake returns to your hand, becoming a staff once more.
    The black snake changes back into the dark man, one hand on a wound in his neck. He looks furious.
    "Well, that's a good start. Soulfire, didn't expect that. Lets take of the kiddy gloves then, shall we?" A horrible darkness was spreading around him, it was not a cloud so much as a total absence of light. It was in the shape of a funnel, and it stretched, higher and higher until it must have been a thousand feet high. At it's summit, the very clouds seemed to be fleeing from it, as if it had some mysterious power of repulsion. The building was exploding inward around it, dragged into the dark whirlwind.

Vin
    Richard does not reappear.
    Thomas looks at the building, looking flat out terrified. "That's not the sign, is it?" He asks, gesturing at the tornado, and the exploding remains of Marcone's house around it.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-10-12 at 12:51 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #135

Dresden

As Flagg escapes my soul fire noose I pull out my shield braclet and focus it as a bubble around the snake. "I said you weren't going anywhere."

I don't even bother to make any effort to resist the tornado, as long as that son of a bitch goes with me.

Team Dresden

"Not yet, it hasn't been a half hour yet." Murphy says sternly.

"We give him the benefit of the doubt." She then points at Vin. "Can you get somewhere higher up to see if you can see whats going on inside?"

Then the house blows up and Everyone's eyes widen with terror there was nothing any of them were able to do about something like that.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-10-12 at 12:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ironheade

Always. LET'S GO PEOPLE!

FASTMOTION BUILDING SEQUENCE!
    Changing to Narrative Perspective:

Somewhere along the way, Eddie figures out that the entire planet they're standing on could be used as an immense amplifier, just by hooking the Megas up to it. As such, the Megas now stands immobile, connected to Apokolips by an immeasurable amount of wiring. The Jammer system stands deployed as Eddie and Scott set up for their performance, linking Nevan and Clementine into the Barracuda's stereo.

However, before they can jam, something stops them, a feeling that there is something that they must do before they can fill the universe with Rock.

The devices on the inside of their left wrists call to them. ...Release us...Become the Oni...Become the Riders...

What the f**k? Oni? Riders? What the hell... Do you have any idea what's going on, Eddie? Not a clue, Scotty boy. I think it's coming from these weird wrist things we've had for a while now. Hmm... There's a button on it! Let's see what you do... Hello! What do we have here?

Guitar strings? Heh, so that's what they want. SCOTT!
    Yeah, boss? On my mark. Heh, gotcha.

In unison, they raise their guitar picks to the sky, holding their left arms out as though they were holding their chosen instruments.

SLASHING DEMON! ROARING DEMON!
    CALL THE THUNDER! HENSHIN!

In unison, they bring their picks down, striking the strings with one great riff.
    And the lightning comes, striking both of them with immense force, despite the fact that they're on Apokolips, which is in space and has no clouds. That's just how these things work, okay?

Holy S**T. Scott, do you feel this?
    Yeah, I do, Eddie. This feeling of power... It's amazing! I feel like I could fight Gideon like, a zillion times and not break a sweat! Is this that Rider thing that the crazy wristbands were talking about?
    I don't know if it could be anything else, man. Holy crap, look at your guitar! That design kicks ass!
    To hell with that, look at yours!
    Holy s**t! Whoa! Hey, Nevan? You all right?!
    Whoooooo... Eddie, baby, honey, sweetie pie, love of my life. Whatever the f**k you just did? NEVER STOP DOING IT. This is... OooOOoooOH! OH! OOOOhhhhhhh... Ahh...
    ...Yeah, I did not need that much information. A simple 'Everything's great, Eddie' would have done it. Eh, whatever, Scott! Let's see what this Rider crap can do!
    It'd be my pleasure, Eddie. LET'S HIT IT!

AND IT WAS AWESOME. That little warm up riff alone blew the remnants of Anti-Life that still clung to the area like a bad smell all the way back to the abyss it came from! The Getter core of Apokolips roars to life, instantly ramping up to 100%, then going beyond that mark! Holy Crap!

Hayato

The cigarettes Hayato's puffing on fall limply to the ground as his body returns to incorporeality. "S**t. That shouldn't have happened for another half-hour..." Hayato's eyes go wide as he pulls out his phone, popping it open and tapping furiously at the keys. His jaw goes slack, and he utters a single phrase.

"Anima Spiritia."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH S**T!

Aw yeah! That kicked so much ass they ran out! Ha ha ha! That was better than the concert, and it was only what, thirty seconds of warm up? This is going to be THE GREATEST THING EVER.
    You bet your ass it is, Scott! Now it is time to pay glorious tribute to the Metal Gods! Are you ready, fabric of existence? No? Too f**king bad! We're doing this anyway! LET'S ROCK!

High above the mucky-muck
    Castle made of clouds
    There sits Wonderboy
    Sitting oh so proudly
    Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck
    Yeah, yeah!
    Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
    Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck man?

Now it's time for me to tell you about Young Nastyman
    Archrival and nemesis of Wonderboy,
    With powers comparable to Wonderboy
    What powers you ask?
    I dunno how 'bout the power of flight?
    That do anything for ya?
    That's levitation, holmes
    How 'bout the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away
    With mind bullets!
    That's telekinesis, Scott!
    How 'bout the power to move you?

History of Wonderboy and Young Nastyman
    Riggah-goo-goo, riggah-goo-goo
    A secret to be told, a gold chest to be bold
    And blasting forth with three-part harmony, yeow!
    Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
    Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck now?

Well, Wonderboy and Young Nastyman joined forces
    They formed a band the likes of which have never been seen
    And they called themselves Tenacious D.
    That's right!

Me! And SP! That's me!

We're now Tenacious D!
    Come fly with me, fly!

And that's just the start. It continues on like this, reaching out to each corner of the Multiverse that was affected by the Anti-Life Equation, obliterating all traces of its presence and replacing it with the unadulterated, face-melting power of ROCK. Those who fought for justice and righteousness will find their wounds healing, their bodies rejuvenated, their spirits renewed; filled with fresh hope and courage!
    Those who were wicked and cruel, however, found their strength leaving their bodies, fatigue settling into their bones, and their senses growing dim as the power of the music ravaged their dark hearts.
    The greatest damage, however, was wrought upon those that served the Crimson King himself. Their blood boiled in their veins as their flesh froze and flaked away, and their nervous systems went haywire, jolting uncontrollably as they were raked by terrifying seizures, while their immune systems turned against their bodies, destroying vital cells and corroding their organs as the utter and complete evil within them recoiled and screamed from the power of ROCK.

Dante

He hears the ROCK as it blasts through the halls of the Emerald City. "****, is that Eddie and Scott? It IS! HAHAHAHA! Those crazy bastards! I knew they'd be alright!" Dante's fevered fighting reaches a new level of frenzy, even as his enemies spasm and die around him from the ROCK's effect on their forms.

Caim

Caim's head begins to fog as he smashes the wolf's head like a melon, splattering brain and bone upon the ground. The ROCK does not favor one such as he, and he's getting a huge migraine headache while his nose begins to bleed. What the f**k is this... This is BULLS**T! This just serves to heighten his fury, and he rains blows down upon the wolves, shattering spines and tearing heads off of bodies.

As the last wolf falls, so does Caim, finally succumbing to the performance.

Ryoma

"What the hell... Getter readings are off the scale! This is IMMENSE!" Breaking into a mad cackle, Ryoma blasts forth, shattering the sound barrier as he continues to search for a way into the Dark Tower.

"HERE I COME, S**THEADS! DYING DAY HAS FINALLY COME FOR YOU, AND IT IS CURRENTLY RYOMA O' CLOCK!"

Benkei

"What the... Hah, looks like they managed to pull it off after all." Rotating his fully healed shoulder, he walks deliberately over to his discarded knife, the blade totally operational once more thanks to the Power of Rock. "I'd ask you if you had any last words, Luthor, but knowing you? You'd just try to kill me again." The knife descends, slicing through the mad magnate's throat, severing his vocal cords, windpipe, and jugular in a single stroke.
    "So I won't give you the chance."

Lea

*slash slash slash slash slash BOOT*

Lea hacks apart the bloodstained door, then kicks it in, sending the pieces of the closure flying into the room like a shotgun blast. "And behind Door Number One? I don't really give a s**t! Fred Flintstone's home, you stupid b***h, and he wants HEADS for dinner!"

Yes, he IS a hero. He's just enjoying this whole 'smite the unliving f**k out of evil' part far, far too much.

Hayato

Hayato has gone and found a wall to beat his head against. It doesn't really work, since he's completely immaterial, so the cathartic effects are somewhat lessened. "Hurry UP! Finish the MOVIE! I have WORK TO DO!"

Getter Army

The small attack force, now supercharged by THE POWER OF ROCK, goes into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, tearing apart what remains of the (rapidly disintegrating) Heartless with ease. Even the massive Dreadnaught is no obstacle, as the Getter Wave Motion Gun reduces it to flinders of molten scrap in a single strike.

No prisoners, no survivors, just extermination. This is how the Getter Army does things.

THE SOURCE WALL?! SERIOUSLY?!

Even this, the boundary between universes, cannot help but start ROCKING THE F**K OUT along with the rest of Existence. That's just how immense the ROCK is here.

As it ROCKS THE F**K OUT, two things are ejected from its substance, getting spat out like old chewing tobacco and hitting the ground hard.

"Oh GOD, my HEAD. What the HELL." "Screw you, Kashima." "So it's Kashima again? What for?" "'I always loved you?' SERIOUSLY?" "IT WAS A JOKE! THE ONLY ONE I COULD THINK OF!" "YOU SUCK AT JOKES!" "I KNOW DAMMIT! SHUT UP!" "YOU FIRST!" "NEVERRRRR!"

Ah, right, these guys again. Was wondering what happened to them.

Musashi

"Ah, that's nice music." Smiling, he leans back, relaxing in his little boat as he continues to fish for proper hearts to put into new Getter Soldiers. He's going to have a good haul tonight, judging by the sound of Existence right now.
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-10-12 at 01:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Darkseid
    You can activate your equation again. All you need to do is go back to your world, and plug yourself into the stage.

Team Dresden
    Flagg's body is gone, become part of the cyclone. It's not the sort of magic you are quite equipped to deal with, but at least nobody will call you 'powerhouse slob' anymore, because beside this you are the very pinnacle of refinement and discretion.
    The tornado grows, gathering speed and power. This would be a very good time to run away. Indeed, Michael has already started the car, and is waiting for you.
    Then suddenly it, and Flagg, are gone. Instead, there is the faint sounds of music.

Ramirez
    The thing scrambles against the wall, eyes wide. "No more, no more, I talk." It says, then presses it's hands over the ears at the noise.

Eddie Riggs
    Abruptly as it started, it stops, as the power suddenly dies. On the stage, four figures materialize. Emperor Doviculus, Hades and Sephiroth are standing there. they all look ready to fight, which is good as it's exactly what you're here for.
    "Show's over." Doviculus says. "Enough messing around, don't you think? We're here to kill you."
    "And about time, too, I mean, yes, you have your tastes, but keep them to yourself, will you?" Hades says. "You don't have to shove it in our faces all the time."
    Sephiroth just removes his massive sword, gives a small smile, and eyes you. You're not the only one who can take advantage of this contraption, you know. And while the Anti-life Equation is no longer spreading, creating something that broadcasts sound to every corner of the multiverse was a bad, bad idea in light of what just happened.

Ryoma
    I thought you and Simon were hunting down Darkseid for killing Kamina...

Those two
    You appear to see Dormannu staring at you, confused. A mere three days. That's all.
    Most people last millenia in there before it spits them out.
    Suddenly he looks a little less confident.

Lea
    You burst in to find Hannibal has turned up his classical music in an attempt to drown out the noise. The effect is a war of sound, that will probably liquify your brain if you dare to step in.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-10-12 at 06:18 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coop
    He comes out on the stage.
    "Hey, team of Darkness. Why stop the show? It was just getting good, too!" he says, pulling out the missile launcher/machine gun hybrid and unleashing it's deadly load upon Sephiroth, the most vulnerable looking of the three. This could end badly, but he had a backup plan for that.

Vash
    Lea takes door #blood. Vash decides upon door #LC.
    He kicks the door open, then yodels loudly as he enters. Truly this man was confident in what he could do.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

19. - Top - End - #139
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Ironheade

Doviculus! Didn't I already kill you once? Eddie slams Nevan into attack mode, the Devil Arm having absorbed the Separator when Eddie transformed into Kamen Rider Zanki. The result is that the demonic guitar now resembles an axe, rather than a scythe. Screw it, I can cut your head off as many times as I have to. I can do that, I think I should be your king or something, what with my mom and all, BUT THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY IMPORTANT! With that, he lifts off into the air, his wings still functional, even as a Rider. This next piece's a little number by the name of THUNDER GUILLOTINE! Can you guess why? With that, he dives, swinging the Raging Thunder Axe for the bondage-demon's neck.

At last! The Masamune! Finally, it is within my grasp! Gilgamesh, sensing a rare sword, leaps up on stage, facing Sephiroth. You! Sephiroth! I, the gallant traveling hero, the mighty Gilgamesh, challenge you to honorable combat for the right to own that weapon! En gaurde! As he says this, all of Gilgamesh's arms draw a sword; the finest he possesses.
    Rekka Daizantou! Sanshiki Zankantou! Grandleon! Zantetsuken! Ragnell! Scorpion Blade! Sword of The Hero! Island King! These are the eight finest blades in my collection! It is against these that your Masamune will clash. No offense intended, Silver General, but I intend to be the victor! Have at thee!
    His piece said, Gilgamesh charges, wielding all eight of his incredibly dissimilar swords with immense skill that speaks of countless hours of practice.

Hmm, Firey underworld-looking guy, pissed off old man, or psychopath? Fire guy, old man, psychopath? Fire guy, old man, psychopath...

Hell with it. I think I can take you all on.

And so, Scott Pilgrim, now Kamen Rider Todoroki, takes up his guitar, and raises his arm to the sky...
    SUCK IT!
    And brings it down, playing a teeth-rattling riff that generates an absolutely enormous bolt of lighting, a strike that crashes down on Hades and Hannibal with ground-cracking force.
    Plenty more where that came from, douchebags!

Naoki and Minato

"Oh look who decided to show up! It's the s**thead who stuffed us in there in the first damn place!"
    "Indeed it is. Not the wisest course of action, is it?"
    "Not in the least. What say we show him what it's like, eh?"
    "Heh, sounds like fun."
    Naoki cracks his knuckles as Minato draws his evoker, and as the bluenette pulls the trigger, they're gone.
    "FREIKUGEL!" "BLACK VIPER!"
    The two most powerful focused attacks in both teens' arsenals slam into the flame-headed fiend's back, blasting him into the Source Wall with the force of a nuclear attack.

Lea

"Geez, that's way too loud. Good thing I have the mute button right here." Leaping back, Lea begins to charge up a massive fire spell, one that should incinerate Hannibal's stereo equipment, leaving behind only some piles of ash and slag.
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-10-12 at 01:56 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Darksied

The musicians have left the stage it's time to reclaim his show. A Boom Tube open above the stage with the roar of a thousand damned fans depositing the new band.

A the many armed symphony master of the unversed takes up the drums, Ivenzo appears his lexicon now in the form of a bass guitar, Desad takes up a guitar forged of pure dark energy and Darksied takes his rightful place Center Stage and the broadcast of Anti-Life resumes with the added power of METAL.

Vash

Great timing you get to see Benki finish off Lex Luthor.

Dresden

We made our way out of the rubble to the gathered party below. "She's gone, they have her at the Tower and only Roland knows how to get there."

Well thats not quite true several indivduals knew how to get to the neighbouring Keyblade Graveyard but they were similarly universes away at the moment.

Ramirez

"Let's start with why you are impersonating the man who was impersonating a wizard and why you tried to feed us to your pets?" the blade goes up against the rodent's throat to make a point.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Zexion
    The heartless are all disintegrating. The machines keep producing them, but they begin dissolving the second they are exposed to the world, and more precisely the music.
    Fortunately, some of your most powerful followers have left to deal with it themselves.

Benkei
    "Wait!" It's so desperate, so mindless in it's entreaty that you do. He looks at you, eyes narrowed. "I'm not ready. Let me live and I'll show you how to shut down the Heartless. For good." He smiles, and though their is a little loathing in his grin you think you can trust him. "Just business, right?"

Evil Ka'tet
    John Farson appears again,, and sits back down. He seems to be muttering under his breath.

Thanos/Death
    On one hand, you really should do something about the state of the universe before the world ends. I mean, things just got so much worse that it doesn't bear thinking about.
    On the other hand, you're really interested to see which of the girls gets the prince, Ariel or the Evil Ursula in disguise.

Riggs/Darkseid
    It is now a Rockoff against a literal God of evil. On his homeground, where the universe obeys him. And if you lose, the Anti-life Equation will spread to the point that even Benkei will be powerless to stop it.
    The worlds two remaining hopes are you, and Industrious's convoluted Karaoke plan.

Team Dresden
    You wouldn't say you lost completely. You have Hendricks, who should be able to tell you something.

Those two guys
    Your in his castle once more. A nuclear attack would be nowhere near enough to send him to the Sourcewall, given where he is in relation to it, but just the same it does hurt him badly, and smashes roughly half the castle to powder. He gets painfully to his feet, and holds up his hands. "Enough. I want to talk."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-10-12 at 06:17 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Gulping
    Guest in the Playground

Musashi

"WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU"

The music suddenly stops, all power ceasing to flow. Scott's lightning fizzles out, Eddie falls silently to the ground, Coop's gun doesn't fire, and Hades' flames are extinguished.

Standing there, in the middle of the stage, is Musashi. He's VERY, VERY, VERY unhappy right now.

"YOU ALL HAVE THE ATTENTION SPANS OF F**KING RODENTS. THAT IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION FOR THIS. YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE TO UNDO THIS, OR I WILL TAKE ACTION."
    Last edited by Gulping; 2010-10-12 at 02:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Darksied

Musahi can try that but it would be inadvisable since Boom Tubes to every infected Earth are opening onto Apokalips unleashing billions upon billions of innocent humans infected with Anti-Life. If you're killing the superpowered like that the mundane masses will go down so much faster.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Ambrose Chase

"You want the Snowflake, Emperor? Then here. Have the snowflake!"

Ambrose, largely forgotten during the fight, is at the control console to Axel's magnum opus, and has spent the time, instead of fighting the Sith, reprogramming it once more. Instead of broadcasting the negative interference pattern, it was now set for multiversal transit. One way only, for obvious reasons. Namely, that such a generator won't exist on the other end.

It takes time to scan through the various rotations of the Snowflake, but he was capable of bending time to his will, finally selecting a likely universe. And thus, when he runs the temporary command to switch it to transport, he is able to perfectly time his own use of his field to shift gravity towards the Snowflake instead of the Earth. And because Palpatine had fought his way through the three Century Babies, he was the only one to actually enter the portal, and be deposited within Ambrose's selection.

Axel's Quantum Computer had only needed a single cycle to send Palpatine through before it resumed negative interference. Elijah, and Jenny pick themselves up off the floor; Axel, naturally, cannot.

"Good thinking, Ambrose."

"Just what you taught me, boss."

Ambrose's Selection
    Spoiler
    Show

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

????
    "Back. Down." Says a voice, unyeilding like nothing else in the universe. "He's mine."
    Simon the Digger pushes through the Crowd, Gurren Laggan towering above them. He stares down at Darkseid, and the mecha speaks with his voice. "You killed my brother. You killed Kamina."

Green Arrow
    "Got it." He crows. Taking an arrow, he traces a circle around the pair of them.
    "Suicide is a mortal sin that sends us to hell, correct? Pretty sure that's how it works. So all we have to do is suffocate one or the other. Then go down to hell while the other guards him, finds our respective lady friends and gets them out, then the other one uses CPR and there is no problem. Bada bing, bada boom."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

26. - Top - End - #146

Spider-Man

"Thats actually a pretty good plan." Peter nods, "The only problem is finding water that will leave us intact after drowning."

The apocalypse came with the whole bloing seas deal.

Darksied

"For you the day Darksied killed Kamina it was the saddest day of your life. For me it was..." Actually it was the day his Father was freed from the Source Wall and subsiquently defeated by the denzines of New Genesis, Apokalips was invaded by the Getter Empire and the Anti-Life Equation was located. That was a notable day even for Darksied.

He lets the sentence hang in the air rather than admit this and unleashes Omega Sanction at the mecha.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Spiderman
    "I'm not just a pretty face, you know." Ollie replies, then cracks his knuckles. "Alright, this is going to work. Just a few things to deal with. First up, how do we get the girls out of hell?"

Simon
    The Omega effect knocks the mecha back a step. Simon sighed softly. A surge of green energy repaired all the damage he had taken.
    The thing opened, and Simon rose from the cockpit. His coat flared behind him in the night wind.

"Hell of a trick you pulled there," Simon said. "You're one strong son of a bitch."

He folds his arms, and steps onto the ground. "I am facing you, Darkseid. Without my mecha there is nothing that shields me from your power. I am totally vulnerable." He looks at you squarely. He has no ring, no advanced technological device capable of instantly resolving things or deflecting the gaze, nothing to protect him but his insurmountable will, and the spiral energy that blazed around him, insane levels that really shouldn't be able to exist within one being.

"I don't need Gurren," Simon continued. "If I beat you with Gurren I wouldn't be proving anything!"

"So fight me."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yoshimori

Finally reachinf Caim he sees that he is unconcious and surrounded by dead wolves. So in an act of kindness he picks him up and takes him to a relativly safe place.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Team Nightside
    Your respective rooms seems little more then a cell. A bucket for sanitation, a bed made of straw, no windows. Real medieval times weren't nice if you weren't at least a knight.
    It's cold. Get used to it, it's only going to get colder.

Lea
    "Is it redemption you seek, or revenge? Do you seek amends, or do you want to make them pay for what they've done to you?" The black robe figure of Hannibal's voice cuts over the music, and there is silence. He's standing there, easy as can be, not even holding his sword.
    "I wonder what you're trying to prove. Is it that you're not like us, or that you're better then us? Or is it that you've fallen so far that you don't even need a reason any more, just stimulation."

Ramirez
    "Just to delay you. To stop you from reaching Thunderclap." It says. "To stop you taking the balloon and escaping, the trap that was left behind. Nothing else."
    You think it's being honest.

Ambrose Chase
    Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
    Emperor Palpetine picks himself up. He is within the bounds of Holy Terra, the most sacred and defended place in Imperium. The only people allowed here are pilgrims, The Adeptus Custodes and The High Lords of Terra.
    He might survive a while, if not for all the powerful psychicers around. As it is, he is likely already on a black ship, ready to be tossed in the Astronomicon as food for the Emperor, his psychic scream joining uncountable others to serve as a lighthouse allowing the Imperial navy to navigate.

Caim/Yoshimori
    The only place you can find is back in the reservation, or the ditch he was lying in before. Isn't much left of Forks.

Light Yagami
    You are dressed, and making your way through the Great and Good of Latveria. Everyone is wearing suits, and they are all the people you will have to recognize. There is no Prime Minister or Minister of defense, because they proposed an amendment that would encourage and promote private enterprise by means of selling Latveria's assets, and because they were dealing under the table with America respectively.
    Doom has little patience.
    Misa is clinging on your arm, talking to you without moving her lips from her beaming, radiant smile. "So we're living here now?"

Elijah Snow
    You received this an hour ago, but it's only come into being now. An invitation. From Latveria.
    You get all a manner of invitations, but this is the first time you've heard from Victor in a long while. He was one of your students once, and while he is convinced he's long since surpassed you, your less then convinced. For the ost part, Victor is a disappointment. He could have been anything, could have even run Planetary once you passed on, and he chose to be a dictator instead.
    Apparently, the celebration is his new adopted son. Well isn't that interesting. Light Yagami. You pity the boy. Sooner or later, he'll fall a little short, and Victor will write him off as a disappointment and use him for spare parts.
    Do you go?
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-10-12 at 07:16 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

The Puritan Avenger examines the Staff with Incredrulity. "Never had it do that before. Not that I'm complaining." he remarks.

He turns to Dresden. "This Randall Flagg is by no means invincible. He is powerful: his modus operandi seems to predict the means by which people will attack him, then prepare methods of neutralizing them. When he's confronted with something unexpected, he's at a severe disadvantage. We've used my Staff, and your ability to use Soulfire: we'll need to come up with some new surprises the next time we run into him."

He suddenly has a thought. "Perhaps Marcone left some artifacts we could use, maybe even some Thorn Manacles. Where's that Hendrick's fellow?"

He draws his revolver, and begins looking around for him.

Vin

Vin Steelpushes her way up to Dresden and Co. "Richard turned traitor on us: thankfully no one died, and Richard ran off."

She looks around at the rubble. "What happened?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-10-12 at 11:14 AM.