New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    No idea. Probs when the CoCD's come out for Autobot, as there is no such thing as too much fluff. If I do one. I'm bringing my game back first if there's still interest... I know Tacky and Reynad do, still need to get Yuki, Gan, and Revlid's take.
    I hate you and place a curse upon your family. Never again may they be able to eat nuts without coming in in TERRIBLE sores in EMBARRASSING places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Banned

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I hate you and place a curse upon your family. Never again may they be able to eat nuts without coming in in TERRIBLE sores in EMBARRASSING places.
    Eat... nuts? But I love the German Roasted Almonds!
    And which places are we talking? I think you need line of sight, Reynad, to place it.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Get my take? What? Huh?

*looks around blearily*

Did I miss something?
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's about some game that he dropped/stopped, and is thinking about restarting. You were part of it, I gather?

Also, can Lunars speak while in the form of an animal?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    I think it's about some game that he dropped/stopped, and is thinking about restarting. You were part of it, I gather?

Also, can Lunars speak while in the form of an animal?
    Not by default, there is a Charm that allows them to do so. I believe the same one that allows them to speak with animals in human form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

You know what the charm is called? Or what ability it's under?

Or, preferably, can you please post in the IC thread. I'd like to move on soon.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

On that, I know what I want to do, but I can't figure out how to stunt it. >.<

Sorry...

But yeah, it's a starting... Charisma Charm, I think.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Eat... nuts? But I love the German Roasted Almonds!
    And which places are we talking? I think you need line of sight, Reynad, to place it.
    You're safe, don't worry; almonds are technically fruit.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Chosen of Battles said to the Chosen of Journeys, better late than never.

Sidereal Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Exalt Type and Caste:
    Anima:
    Anima Power:

Motivation:

Faction:

Background:

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Primary (Physical/Social/Mental): 8
    Secondary (Physical/Social/Mental): 6
    Tertiary (Physical/Social/Mental): 4

Physical:
    Strength ●
    Dexterity ●
    Stamina ●

Social:
    Charisma ●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●

Mental
    Perception ●
    Intelligence ●
    Wits ●

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Note: Place [A]uspicious and [F]avoured (You get four) tags, for clarity.]
    Total without BP/XP: 35, with at least 15 in Auspicious and Favoured.
    (If using Dawn Solution rules, 4 free specialty dots)
    Caste Requirements:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The character must have at least Awareness ••, Bureaucracy ••, Linguistics (Old Realm) •, Lore •••, Martial Arts ••, Occult ••, Socialize •, Stealth • and at least one dot in Archery, Melee or Thrown. There are additional restrictions based on caste:

Chosen of Journeys must have Athletics ••, Linguistics (Old Realm and an appropriate additional language) ••, Resistance ••, Survival •• and Ride or Sail •••.

Chosen of Serenity must have either Craft or Performance ••, Linguistics •• (focusing on eloquent speaking and writing rather than languages), Medicine ••, Presence •• and Socialize •••.

Chosen of Battles must have Archery or Melee •••, Athletics ••, Dodge ••, Presence •• and War ••.

Chosen of Secrets must have Awareness ••, Investigation •••, Larceny ••, Socialize •• and Stealth ••.

Chosen of Endings must have Awareness ••, Dodge ••, Integrity ••, Martial Arts ••• and Stealth ••.

Journeys
    Resistance:
    Ride:
    Sail:
    Survival:
    Thrown:

Serenity
    Craft:
    Dodge:
    Linguistics:
    Performance:
    Socialize:

Battles
    Archery:
    Athletics:
    Melee:
    Presence:
    War:

Secrets
    Investigation:
    Larceny:
    Lore:
    Occult:
    Stealth:

Endings
    Awareness:
    Bureaucracy:
    Integrity:
    Martial Arts:
    Medicine:

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Backgrounds:

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Artifact: X [What it is], fluff name
    Important features.
    [Source]

Manse: X
    Stone: [Which Hearthstone] (Location, if socketed) [Source]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creation Points: [(Value of Manse x2)+bonus from Manse Flaws]
    > [List what the points are spent on]

Resources: X
    Reason for value
    Spoiler
    Show

> [List of purchases, and sources]

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability
    Excellencies
    [Charms]

Combos:

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat: 9 +1 Sux

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hands:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+1)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+0B] | Parry DV: [(((Dex+Ability)+2)= X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers] | Rate: 3

Feet:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+0)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+3B] | Parry DV: [(((Dex+Ability)-2)= X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers] | Rate: 2

Clinch:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+0)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+0B] | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: X [((((Dex+Ability)+Essence)+Bonus Dice From Equipment) = X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers]

Permanent Charms (Effects)

Soak:
    Bashing: [((Stamina+Armour)+Any other Modifiers)]
    Lethal: [(((Stamina /2)+Armour)+Any other Modifiers)]
    Aggravated: [Armour+Any other Modifiers)]

Hardness:
    Bashing: [Highest value from any source]
    Lethal: [Highest value from any source]
    Aggravated: [Highest value from any source]

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: [((((Willpower+Integrity)+Relevant Specialty)+Essence)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Charisma+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.]
    >Performance: [(((Charisma+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.]
    Manipulation Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Manipulation+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.]
    >Performance: [(((Manipulation+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.]

Virtues:
    Compassion ●
    Conviction ●
    Temperance ●
    Valor ●

Virtue Flaw/Flawed Virtue:

Intimacies:

Languages:
    ??? (Native)

Willpower: ●●●●●

Essence:
    Permanent: ●●
    Personal: Current (Max) (Value Attuned) [(Permanent Essence x2)+(Willpower)]
    Peripheral: Current (Max) (Value Attuned) [(((Permanent Essence x6)+Willpower 2)+Sum of all Virtues]

Bonus Points and XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:

Total: 15/15 (18/18 If using Dawn Solution rules.) | Flaws:

[B]Experience Points. Spent: X | Left: Y | Total: Z

The Chosen of Serenity, of course, said it was better to be late than early.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2011-01-02 at 08:21 PM.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

So, I have this very specific concept that popped into my brain during the first session of Exalted that I played in, and it has stuck with me the whole way regardless of how sensible it has been in any given situation.

Whenever someone's character "trains", it always has to be "in the woods". I always imagine the character in question wandering off into the woods by himself and, a few days later, wandering back into town with Hungry Tiger Technique or whatever. I'm not sure what is so magical about "the woods" that makes it so conducive to learning, but I can't help the association. Even if the character is some Desert Nomad who has never seen a tree before, and is training to get his first dot of Lore so he can become literate, if he isn't doing it in the woods, he isn't doing it properly.

Does anyone else have this same thing? Or some other, equally idiosyncratic tidbit about Exalted?

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Not really, no.

...seriously, what if you are any place other than the East or Southwest? Are you going to travel halfway around the world to find any woods?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, West has palm trees and desert islands, that kinda works, and North has pine forests and such (Though you'd need to be a goddamn Lunar or Zenith to survive up there outside alone for more than a season.)

The only place that'd really be out of luck is South. And even then, the areas near the coast has scrublands and other flora.

Gem is, however, boned.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Not really, no.

...seriously, what if you are any place other than the East or Southwest? Are you going to travel halfway around the world to find any woods?
    Would explain why you need three months of not doing anything else to raise Essence, at least

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Clearly the solution is to bring your own trees with you everywhere on your very own 5MS.
    BEEP.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Clearly the solution is to bring your own trees with you everywhere on your very own 5MS.
    5MS really doesn't have room for trees on-board, sadly. Go with a Directional Titan.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    So, I have this very specific concept that popped into my brain during the first session of Exalted that I played in, and it has stuck with me the whole way regardless of how sensible it has been in any given situation.

Whenever someone's character "trains", it always has to be "in the woods". I always imagine the character in question wandering off into the woods by himself and, a few days later, wandering back into town with Hungry Tiger Technique or whatever. I'm not sure what is so magical about "the woods" that makes it so conducive to learning, but I can't help the association. Even if the character is some Desert Nomad who has never seen a tree before, and is training to get his first dot of Lore so he can become literate, if he isn't doing it in the woods, he isn't doing it properly.

Does anyone else have this same thing? Or some other, equally idiosyncratic tidbit about Exalted?
    I always think of the training being in a huge cave. Basically, if you watch Bleach, think of the place in the Soul Society arc where Ichigo trained for his Bankai. That's basically the image I get.

Oh and, yeah. New player here

You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    I always think of the training being in a huge cave. Basically, if you watch Bleach, think of the place in the Soul Society arc where Ichigo trained for his Bankai. That's basically the image I get.
    And now I need to build Ichigo for exalted.

...wait, am I meant to do a table now I play?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh wow. Did some more work on my character today, and realized why I felt like I did not have nearly enough points to spend on abilities; for some reason I was only spending 18 points on them before BP, not 28.

Counting fail.

Anyways, after correcting that mistake, and upon further review of the concept of my character, switching her to Twilight, the revised concept thus far looks more like this:

Thousand Jade Feathers
    Twilight Caste

Str 1 Cha 3 Per 2
    Dex 4 Man 3 Int 4
    Sta 2 App 5 Wit 3

Caste/Favored Abilities: Investigation 2, Lore 2, Occult 3 / Presence 3, Melee 3, Socialize 3, Integrity 3, Performance 3

Other: Athletics 2, Awareness 2, Linguistics 2

Backgrounds: Cult 2, Influence 3

Still debating on what to do with the remaining 2 background points, probably either Artifact or Manse, representing her efforts over the past couple months to obtain some power to strengthen herself.

Not sure what I'm going to do with BP yet, guess I'll save that for after I'm finished the rest, and see if it's going to go towards boosting a point of Strength or her Essence or something.

Suggestions?

Also, am I alright posting this stuff here, or should I be making a separate thread? I don't want to be derailing things here, or annoying people... It just seems like this is where the cool Exalted kids come to play, and I want to play with the cool Exalted kids...

Thanks for the help!

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

I'll make a table too:

I'd also like to know if anyone else thinks Exalted could be adapted to fit in the Brutal Legend setting?

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I'll do a table too.

Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Urge to make table... rising...

English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Why are you saving BP until you've bought everything else? That means you won't have any Essence 3 charms.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    Why are you saving BP until you've bought everything else? That means you won't have any Essence 3 charms.
    Well, from an optimizing point of view, that's where BP aren't going to be well spent. The best thing to do with BP is to buy up Favored Abilities and Charms for those Favored Abilities. Gets you the most bang for your buck and the Essence 3 stuff isn't that more amazing than the Essence 2 stuff.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Wait, we're doing tables now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Well, from an optimizing point of view, that's where BP aren't going to be well spent. The best thing to do with BP is to buy up Favored Abilities and Charms for those Favored Abilities. Gets you the most bang for your buck and the Essence 3 stuff isn't that more amazing than the Essence 2 stuff.
    In fact, in an Abyssals game where the ST gave us 75 exp to start out, I ran the numbers, and found out that for my crafter, it was way cheaper to buy the Essence with experience and my Abilities with the bonus points. Only downside was that I then had to get the high-end Charms I wanted with experience as well. Still more than worth it, though.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-01-06 at 01:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Yes to STing?

DO IT! DO IT RIGHT NOW!

So, what do we know about the world beneath Creation's surface? We know there are darkbroods there, but we don't have stats for a lot of them. We know there is a Jadeborn empire, but it barely does anything. We know there are earth elementals and manses, which are likely the most detailed part of the tunnels. Anything else?
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

26. - Top - End - #1256

Yes to STing?

DO IT! DO IT RIGHT NOW!
    I am... for my RL group. Sorry to disappoint.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

No, I think you just summed it up. Though scroll of fallen races might have more, I haven't looked through it much.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    I am... for my RL group. Sorry to disappoint.
    Then you should not say yes, cause I'm pretty sure that's for PbP gaming purposes only.
    I use black for sarcasm.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Then you should not say yes, cause I'm pretty sure that's for PbP gaming purposes only.
    Well, I'm not saying I'm not going to ever ST something on PbP, just that I'm still prepping for a game IRL as it is.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Banned

Tables pretty much dead, unless someone wants to compile it and send it to me or something. I'll keep it updated in the first post of the next thread for easier access.
    Also, I guess I'll just start a new game.... Time to peruse MoEPs to see what I'm feeling like. Sorry, Reynad. :smalltrollface: