New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I want to play this game?
    Lessee... Shilo, young Solar. Nathan, possibly a turned Abyssal. Rotti, probably the same. Luigi and Pavi and Amber, likely Infernals. Graverobber Sidereal. Blind Mag... Solar? DB?
    Nathan is a nephwrack. Rotti is a Deathlord. Luigi, Pavi and Amber all ghost-blooded. Graverobber is a Day Caste, while Blind Mag is a Midnight Caste. Shilo is a mortal.

Repo! The Genetic Opera maps closely to the Underworld themes.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Naaah, Nathan is a Night caste, possibly Dusk caste. Corrupted into servicing the deathlord.
    ...but otherwise that fits reeeeaaally well.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Should we be thinking of a witty name for General Exalted Discussion II? Only a few pages off.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Barbarian in the Playground

(I'm probably gonna get kicked for the meme, but...)

"IT'S OVER NINE ESSENCE!"?

EDIT: 'Nother one.

"Now 60% Whispers-free!"?
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2011-01-18 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

How easy is it for one type of Exalt to disguise himself as another type of Exalt? I know Lunars have Ten Thousand Heroes Face, and Sidereals have Sorcerer resplendent destinies and their Arcane Fate disguise bonuses, plus (Type) Exalt Ways from Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style to briefly imitate their anima effects. What about DBs, Alchemicals, and (fallen or non-fallen) Solars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone can take a 3-dot hearth stone to imitate the appearance AND effects of the Fire Aspect Anima.

Other than that, the Solar Larceny Charm Perfect Mirror allows you to create such a good copy of someone/thing that something like the anima would be trivial. You don't get their effects, which might tip someone off, but you can copy the exact appearance of the anima, provided you've seen it at all stages (in the case of copying a real person).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Alchemicals have a charm. I'm afraid I forget the name, but it's number two in a tree.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Infernals have an Ebon Dragon charm that makes them appear physically, supernaturally, and even astrologically to be whoever they feel like (including completely made up folks).

I vote for General Exalted Discussion II: No longer mortal
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

General Exalted Discussion 2: 50 more until 3rd edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

I actually wouldn't mind "It's over nine Essence?!". I just find all-caps in a thread title to be bad form.

How about: "General Exalted Discussion II: Weddings Are An Act of Villainy"
    (Obviously I have to be the one to lobby for an Infernal reference)

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    How easy is it for one type of Exalt to disguise himself as another type of Exalt? I know Lunars have Ten Thousand Heroes Face, and Sidereals have Sorcerer resplendent destinies and their Arcane Fate disguise bonuses, plus (Type) Exalt Ways from Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style to briefly imitate their anima effects. What about DBs, Alchemicals, and (fallen or non-fallen) Solars?
    Face of the Titans allows an Infernal to reconfigure their caste mark and anima banner into anything they want. It explicitly says that they cannot exactly copy the anima banner of another kind of Exalt. So, you could turn your Slayer Caste mark into, say, a Zenith Caste mark, and turn your green anima gold, but there would be some subtle flaw. Maybe it wouldn't shine as brightly, or maybe it would be tinged a little of a different color at the edges, or something. However, I can't imagine it making that big of a difference to most people. You can just tell the other Solars you took "Slightly Less Shiny" as a 1pt flaw.

This does, however, come with the sizable proviso that you do have to be dedicated into becoming some sort of Sun-Primordial.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

We all live in a Manta-class Submarine?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Bugbear in the Playground

GED II: I Shot A Man In Malfeas, Just To Watch Him Die

...can you guess the song I have on right now?

DBs, Alchemicals, and (fallen or non-fallen) Solars?
    Dragon-Bloods I'm guessing don't have access to anything that would let them impersonate another Exalted type on the metaphysical level, which is what really matters in this kind of thing.

Alchemicals don't even know other types of Exalted exist, so they have nuthin'.

Solars probably have something in the Night caste trees, Abyssals maybe too, but Infernals have hands down the best disguise charm in the game, Black Mirror Shintai. Which replaces your character sheet with the target's. Even pre-BMS, they have Charms that let them disguise themselves almost perfectly and a Charm that lets you mask the nature of your Essence to appear as whatever you want it to be. These are all in the Ebon Dragon's Charmset.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-01-18 at 03:53 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Abyssals have a Larceny Charm that allows them to masquerade as Solars (and Solars have a Mirror version, though it doesn't seem quite as useful). It's pretty cheap to maintain, but it doesn't hold up to Essence Sight.

Infernals have the Ebon Dragon Charms Loom-Snarling Deception, which lets you impersonate whoever you like and can be upgraded with Eldritch Secrets Mastery to fool Essence perception. I don't think it does anything to mask your anima banner or Obvious Charm use, though, so it's best used carefully.

Alchemicals have Trans-Chosen Emulator, which lets them mimic the anima banner and caste mark (or lack thereof) of any caste and type of Exalted they've ever seen. It doesn't give you the anima power, but still.

Lunars have Shifting Penumbra Stance, which doesn't disguise you as any other sort of Exalt but does make it impossible to determine what kind of supernatural being you are, even if the observer would normally recognize a Lunar. I... actually don't remember Ten Thousand Heroes Face; where's it from?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks!

EDIT: Now that I look again, Ten Thousand Heroes Face is homebrew. But it's by the Demented One, and since he's now an official writer there's a chance that it'll get officially released through Ink Monkeys. Shifting Penumbra Stance will do, though.

I definitely like "Weddings Are An Act of Villainy," especially because I finally read RotSE. Which I loved, somewhat to my surprise, especially the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lotus Massacre.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because I'd gotten the impression that it was "The Scarlet Empress personally murders every single Sidereal, except maybe the PCs. Deal with it." When in fact it's "A bunch of Sidereals die, and Kejak dies. How many depends; some didn't make it to the meeting they got attacked at, some explicitly survive the raid and drive off the attacking Infernals after killing a lot of them, and even part of Kejak's Empress-assassination task force may survive."

It also had lots of totally awesome possible moments, like
    Spoiler
    Show
    the UCS blessing and forgiving the ghosts of the dead Solars and telling them to go forth and be righteous. And the UCS's assassination, and his vengeance. And the explicitly noted possibility of using an Astrological Charm to appoint a new Unconquered Sun; searching the world for the perfect candidate would be an incredibly epic campaign in and of itself. And Gaia making the Scarlet Empress into a new Elemental Pole of Earth, which in context is just the best possible ending.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2011-01-18 at 04:03 PM.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Abyssals have a Larceny Charm that allows them to masquerade as Solars (and Solars have a Mirror version, though it doesn't seem quite as useful). It's pretty cheap to maintain, but it doesn't hold up to Essence Sight.

Infernals have the Ebon Dragon Charms Loom-Snarling Deception, which lets you impersonate whoever you like and can be upgraded with Eldritch Secrets Mastery to fool Essence perception. I don't think it does anything to mask your anima banner or Obvious Charm use, though, so it's best used carefully.

Alchemicals have Trans-Chosen Emulator, which lets them mimic the anima banner and caste mark (or lack thereof) of any caste and type of Exalted they've ever seen. It doesn't give you the anima power, but still.

Lunars have Shifting Penumbra Stance, which doesn't disguise you as any other sort of Exalt but does make it impossible to determine what kind of supernatural being you are, even if the observer would normally recognize a Lunar. I... actually don't remember Ten Thousand Heroes Face; where's it from?
    ...Sidereals have X Exalted Ways, which gives them the caste mark and anima power of a particular type of Exalt.

(Okay, it's an MA charm, buit's SMA..)
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what would be interesting? RotSE spoilers

Spoiler
    Show
    Both the UCS and Luna dying, and the appointments for their replacements being female and male, respectively.

...this is actually inspired by the Giant's New World articles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks!
    [spoiler]
    It also had lots of totally awesome possible moments, like
    Spoiler
    Show
    the UCS blessing and forgiving the ghosts of the dead Solars and telling them to go forth and be righteous.
    But... but... I had that idea D:

Also, horngeek
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't be silly. Anyone who is tied to the concept of gender is no Luna.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-01-18 at 04:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1428

WolfInSheepsClothing

Also, everyone has access to the Terrestrial Circle Sorcery spell Disguise of the New Face which explicitly lets you mimic the targets anima. Of course, if someone used All Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight on you you'd glow like a thing that glows a lot, but sorcery is fairly easy for anyone to get.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Because I'd gotten the impression that it was "The Scarlet Empress personally murders every single Sidereal, except maybe the PCs. Deal with it." When in fact it's "A bunch of Sidereals die, and Kejak dies. How many depends; some didn't make it to the meeting they got attacked at, some explicitly survive the raid and drive off the attacking Infernals after killing a lot of them, and even part of Kejak's Empress-assassination task force may survive."
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's also the perfect comeuppance, though only a few Sidereals may be able to relish the true irony; one of which being Kejak. The whole Lotus Massacre mimics the initial Usurpation banquet quite well.

I also especially like that with the Omphalos broken, and the edges of Creation fraying as a multitude of Fair Folk flow inward...they might just ally with Creation to take the Ebon Dragon down. They would rather have the eternal monument to everything they despise continue to stand rather than see the Ebon Dragon victorious. Yes.

I definitely like "Weddings Are An Act of Villainy,"
    It is unanimously official, then.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Banned

Don't worry about the next thread title. Samsara tells me I will have thought of an awesome one by the time it hits 50.
    Hopefully.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh, Disguise of the New Face looks nice, and since it's Terrestrial a mortal could potentially cast it. That opens up a lot of plot; and there are more ways to impersonate other Exalts than I expected.

Incidentally, I asked because I first thought "Hey, infiltrating Autochthonia would be an interesting motivation," then of a Sidereal infiltrating Autochthonia posing as a Starmetal Caste, then a Lunar as a Moonsilver Caste, then wondered whether a wide-ranging mixed circle could do the same. And then I thought it would be hilarious if one of them was an Alchemical who infiltrated their circle impersonating another Exalt when he heard they wanted to get to Autochthonia, then "pretended" to be an Alchemical with them, and basically turning it into a ridiculous series of demaskings.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's also the perfect comeuppance, though only a few Sidereals may be able to relish the true irony; one of which being Kejak. The whole Lotus Massacre mimics the initial Usurpation banquet quite well.

I also especially like that with the Omphalos broken, and the edges of Creation fraying as a multitude of Fair Folk flow inward...they might just ally with Creation to take the Ebon Dragon down. They would rather have the eternal monument to everything they despise continue to stand rather than see the Ebon Dragon victorious. Yes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even THEY hate that ****ard?

Ooh, Disguise of the New Face looks nice, and since it's Terrestrial a mortal could potentially cast it. That opens up a lot of plot; and there are more ways to impersonate other Exalts than I expected.

Incidentally, I asked because I first thought "Hey, infiltrating Autochthonia would be an interesting motivation," then of a Sidereal infiltrating Autochthonia posing as a Starmetal Caste, then a Lunar as a Moonsilver Caste, then wondered whether a wide-ranging mixed circle could do the same. And then I thought it would be hilarious if one of them was an Alchemical who infiltrated their circle impersonating another Exalt when he heard they wanted to get to Autochthonia, then "pretended" to be an Alchemical with them, and basically turning it into a ridiculous series of demaskings.
    I would play that!
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-01-18 at 04:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1433

WolfInSheepsClothing

Me too. I also really like the idea of a mortal sorcerer going around pretending to be a Dynast. "Hey everyone, I'm a Prince of the World. GIve me stuff!"
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Now we need decent Ishvara rules so some players can go all Laashe on Ebby's ass.

I'm pretty sure a fair few Lunars would have an aneurysm if in the end it was Fae that saved Creation, though.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even THEY hate that ****ard?
    He's the most hateable thing for everyone ever. The designers really hit it out of the park on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    I'm pretty sure a fair few Lunars would have an aneurysm if in the end it was Fae that saved Creation, though.
    But it's fun to make Ma-Ha-Suchi cry!

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

But it's fun to make Ma-Ha-Suchi cry!
    I dunno about that. Knowing Ma-Ha-Suchi, hes probably developed a Lunar charm that turns tears into rape.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Firbolg in the Playground

I dunno about that. Knowing Ma-Ha-Suchi, hes probably developed a Lunar charm that turns tears into rape.
    Probably? Our circle has dealt with Ma-Ha-Suchi, and let me tell you, there's no probably involving this guy.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Banned

He's the most hateable thing for everyone ever. The designers really hit it out of the park on that one.
    I love him. It's all just part of his charm.
    Don't hate; relate.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    I love him. It's all just part of his charm.
    Don't hate; relate.
    See, sometimes understanding leads to acceptance.

Sometimes, however, it makes you realize how petty and insignificant, almost cute your previous "hate" was compared to the towering rage that understanding brings.
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-01-18 at 05:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

@Jokasti: You mean "Love to hate him," of course.

I once said "Man, that part of Creation would be so much more pleasant if Ma-Ha-Suchi went back to his original motivation."

Then I thought about it for a moment.