Default Witchunt V1.0 Game 2 Thread 2

A continuation of the previous thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...169137&page=50

Continue killing each other, people.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 2 Thread 2

So, from the last thread, there were two questions asked of Wheat that didn't get answered yet: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1470 and http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1471 are the posts, just to ensure they don't get lost.

And here's a vote tally:

-------------------------
    Post reference link
    Sotek's unofficial vote tally! Please remember to specify your votes in red.
    16 people alive, so 9 is a majority, and 8 is a deadlock.
    {table=head]Player|Votes|Voting
    Duneyrr|5+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
    Murska|4|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek
    Tydude|4|bruntonspall, Aemoh, Istari, Horoar
    [/table]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Let's shoot for 3! I know we can do it!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone! I've been at a con all day. I AM NOT HIDING I AM LAZY!. (ok too much?)

Can anyone tell me why we've pulled of Dunyrr ? I wouldn't trust him as far as I can through him, and as i said I'm lazy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh right it's 0230... Timezones don't help either I suppose.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

While I find Horoar's last post to be fairly witchy, I'm gonna switch over to Murska as he's someone we all seem to agree is witchy.
    Not long left, so lets get it over with and just lynch him up, I want to hear from Aemoh what role Murska had.

Oh can we just get a count in GA's, if Recaiden and Shazam/Dizzy were witches, and Hitaro and Internet Flea weren't does that mean that the GA is tied vote and wont protect, or is there some mechanism for dealing with tie votes that will give Hitaro upper hand? (Did I miss somebody who is dead, I feel like I did for some reason)

Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid database backup ate this post first time, apologies if it doubleposts

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    While I find Horoar's last post to be fairly witchy
    Sadface. Maybe I shouldn't post after a con once high on energy drinks...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    While I find Horoar's last post to be fairly witchy, I'm gonna switch over to Murska as he's someone we all seem to agree is witchy.
    Not long left, so lets get it over with and just lynch him up, I want to hear from Aemoh what role Murska had.

Oh can we just get a count in GA's, if Recaiden and Shazam/Dizzy were witches, and Hitaro and Internet Flea weren't does that mean that the GA is tied vote and wont protect, or is there some mechanism for dealing with tie votes that will give Hitaro upper hand? (Did I miss somebody who is dead, I feel like I did for some reason)

Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid database backup ate this post first time, apologies if it doubleposts
    Orzel is also dead, and I think he's either town or the JW at most. And I think Aemoh would have said if he was the JW. Or not. So town is 3 of 5 in the GA, one more witch and they tie up. This is bad, right?
    Also, I wouldn't trust Murska, though for him to be witchy Hitaro need to be the VH and not have a spyromancer. Maybe we should ask Milskidasith for extra time? Or lynching a townie would be good as we would have GA protection?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Orzel is also dead, and I think he's either town or the JW at most. And I think Aemoh would have said if he was the JW. Or not. So town is 3 of 5 in the GA, one more witch and they tie up. This is bad, right?
    Well. Aemoh said Orzel was town and he wasn't revealing the role.
    So unless Aemoh is a WW lover - which there is no way he is - Orzel's not JW.

I mean, if Orzel was JW, hopy bleep, we would seriously want to know! That would impact drastically on the spy, for instance.

That said, if we hit a bulletproof witch - of whom there are probably two left! - then we're in good shape.

Also, I wouldn't trust Murska, though for him to be witchy Hitaro need to be the VH and not have a spyromancer. Maybe we should ask Milskidasith for extra time? Or lynching a townie would be good as we would have GA protection?
    DELIBERATELY lynching a townie would be box-of-rocks-dumb. Lynching a guy we're unsure of, who is either the Vampire Hunter or Necromancer ...

... if he's VH, the downside is relatively low - we lose a townie (but we're in good shape numerically, it's just the werewolf who's a problem) but we ensure GA protection forever.

If he's Necromancer, we've killed a witch, one who pretty much everyone could be sure is non-spy, but we lose GA protection and won't get it back until we bounce off a bulletproof witch or two.

OTOH, the guys who we'd lose without GA protection, while really good ... DOB matters, obviously, since we need the WW-killing, but the rest... well. If it gets down to JW vs guys like Nun and Leeroy and Survivalist and the like ... I like our chances.

There's a real argument for going after a different coven-member, since the optimal thing to do for GAs would be to lynch a non-spy warlock.

Post reference link
    Duneyrr|6+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
    Murska|4|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek
    Tydude|3|bruntonspall, Aemoh, Istari
    [/table]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Well. Aemoh said Orzel was town and he wasn't revealing the role.
    So unless Aemoh is a WW lover - which there is no way he is - Orzel's not JW.

I mean, if Orzel was JW, hopy bleep, we would seriously want to know! That would impact drastically on the spy, for instance.

That said, if we hit a bulletproof witch - of whom there are probably two left! - then we're in good shape.

DELIBERATELY lynching a townie would be box-of-rocks-dumb. Lynching a guy we're unsure of, who is either the Vampire Hunter or Necromancer ...

... if he's VH, the downside is relatively low - we lose a townie (but we're in good shape numerically, it's just the werewolf who's a problem) but we ensure GA protection forever.

If he's Necromancer, we've killed a witch, one who pretty much everyone could be sure is non-spy, but we lose GA protection and won't get it back until we bounce off a bulletproof witch or two.

OTOH, the guys who we'd lose without GA protection, while really good ... DOB matters, obviously, since we need the WW-killing, but the rest... well. If it gets down to JW vs guys like Nun and Leeroy and Survivalist and the like ... I like our chances.

There's a real argument for going after a different coven-member, since the optimal thing to do for GAs would be to lynch a non-spy warlock.
    Trading priest for the necromancer is a good deal? I really don't know.
    Anyway, we only got a couple of hours, right? So we better make up our minds soon, or Aemoh won't get their role.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Double posting before I forget it. Sotek, the post reference is only of the first thread, so you'll need a second one.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Trading priest for the necromancer is a good deal? I really don't know.
    In general, no, but given that they can, eg, sacrifice to blow him away ANYWAY ...
    ... they can actually make the trade on more advantageous terms for them if it's a bad deal for us already.

Anyway, we only got a couple of hours, right? So we better make up our minds soon, or Aemoh won't get their role.
    yeah no argument on that here.

first thread post reference link second thread post reference link
    Duneyrr|6+2|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
    Murska|5|Duneyrr, VA_beds, Gray Mage, Sotek, bruntonspall
    Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
    [/table]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

I believe I'll vote for Duneyrr at the deadline. I am reluctant to do so, but we need more information... which can be gained by trying to lynch someone who is under fire. If he survives, then there are three roles that don't want to claim who are possible targets... and only one of them lynchable the next day.

I believe I'll be dead come next morning, though... the good news: I'll probably take a witch down with me because they won't want to take chances with the Priest.

The bad news: I think they'll aim for Aemoh as well, because of their assassin...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

14. - Top - End - #14
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    I believe I'll vote for Duneyrr at the deadline. I am reluctant to do so, but we need more information... which can be gained by trying to lynch someone who is under fire. If he survives, then there are three roles that don't want to claim who are possible targets... and only one of them lynchable the next day.

I believe I'll be dead come next morning, though... the good news: I'll probably take a witch down with me because they won't want to take chances with the Priest.

The bad news: I think they'll aim for Aemoh as well, because of their assassin...
    I think this is a mistake.

I think our ideal situation right now would be to cross our fingers and shoot for their assassin, but of course we do not have time.

I think our secondary option is Murska. He is a near-confirmed non-spy, I think he is far more likely to be witch than Duneyrr is, and we still have some serious hope open.

ALSO! Given that you are likely to be dead, there is still a way for you to get one last meaningful check in!

After your death, GAs are likely to protect based on the checks you have made thus far, to try to avoid protecting the werewolf.

If you check a werewolf candidate, and say who you are going to check now...

... then if the GAs protect that person in the near future, the spiritualist will know they are cleared, which gives us a piece of information that can potentially be used.

I'm not sure how good a plan this is, but I think it is a plan that I should at least throw out here.

Duneyrr|6+3|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
    Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
    [/table]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems like Duneyrr is going down today. We have what, less then an hour left?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

I am the Traveler. If I go down to a lynch I'm good for GA (which is good). But Hitaro was not the Traveler, so what was he? We thought he might have been claiming Traveler to cover for an important town role (maybe he was Judge?), but he might have been a lesser role like VH. Right now, Horoar is top of my Witchlist, but Murska's a good option.

If he's VH, we get a town role in GA and we're good to protect ED.
    If he's coven, we bag a witch, yippee!
    I can only be killed by WW or sac night, taking out a witch.

Can we do this instead?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    I am the Traveler. If I go down to a lynch I'm good for GA (which is good). But Hitaro was not the Traveler, so what was he? We thought he might have been claiming Traveler to cover for an important town role (maybe he was Judge?), but he might have been a lesser role like VH. Right now, Horoar is top of my Witchlist, but Murska's a good option.

Can we do this instead?
    Who is this "we" you speak of? But, the problem with your plan is I don't believe you're Traveler. If I believed you, then this is a good plan. I'd rather lynch you today since you seem more suspicious than Murska right now.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Can we do this instead?
    If we lynch you and you're Traveler, you die and Aemoh finds out that you were speaking the truth. Thus, if you're town and we lynch you we still have a GA majority and find out if you're speaking the truth while if I'm town and we lynch me we have a GA majority and don't find out if you're speaking the truth.

I don't see how I'm that likely to be a Witch. It's possible, though unlikely, through Hitaro not being traveler but if we lynch you, we find out if he was anyway. While if we lynch me, we don't really gain anything about your role.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Good morning everyone.

Is dunyrr gonna die? I really don't see any reason why not at this stage. Very Very shifty.

I really have to stop myself from going on Gitp when i'm being stupid...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Can we do this instead?
    I'm on Murska already. Note, people, that if we lynch Murska and he is a witch, this actually HELPS compared to lynching a townie! If the GAs are deadlocked, the witches will probably NOT sacrifice (and if they do, uh, I won't complain too much, holy **** they'd be so close to dead then) and therefore we only lose ED, instead of ED *and* Aemoh.

Also, losing traveller is, obviously, way worse than losing VH.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, when Aemoth tells you guys I'm traveler? Forget Murska, lynch Horoar.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    If we lynch you and you're Traveler, you die and Aemoh finds out that you were speaking the truth. Thus, if you're town and we lynch you we still have a GA majority and find out if you're speaking the truth while if I'm town and we lynch me we have a GA majority and don't find out if you're speaking the truth..
    But we would find if you are telling the truth, eh?
    I'm not saying I'm pro lynching you, confusing logic confuses my morning brain...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

How about Wheat? Actually, my scumlist right now has a total of seven players, two of whom are dead.

So. Yeah.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Meh, they're not gonna try to lynch me.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Horoar View Post
    But we would find if you are telling the truth, eh?
    I'm not saying I'm pro lynching you, confusing logic confuses my morning brain...
    But we find that out if we lynch Duneyrr, as well.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

... wait how ...
    Maybe I should go back to sleep.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

This is only true if you are the Necromancer and Duneyrr is the traveller.

If you were VH, you would not be nearly so confident - Duneyrr could be traveller and Hitaro JW/WW, for all you would know.

Duneyrr|6+3|Wheat, Tydude, Mannikath, Murska, metlink, Horoar (Arkaal, Ghanz Nmi, Eternal Drifter at deadline) OMINOUS LYNCH-NEARNESS WARNING!
    Tydude|2|Aemoh, Istari
    [/table]

One guy switching off Duneyrr would let the judge take down the necromancer I'm pretty sure!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, I kind of want to pressure him even if you aren't traveler. He's been pretty odd recently.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    One guy switching off Duneyrr would let the judge take down the necromancer I'm pretty sure!
    But who is he?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Horoar View Post
    But who is he?
    Murska. Or do you mean the judge? In which case, while I feel about 80% confident of who I think him to be, I am not saying.