New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Man, I really hope this isn't dead, or dying. Looking back in the first IC thread...There were so many people who aren't here. At least, in the second thread.

also this past/present tense thing sure is hard

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Man, I really hope this isn't dead, or dying. Looking back in the first IC thread...There were so many people who aren't here. At least, in the second thread.

Terms like 'alive' or 'dead' are no longer sufficient to classify the strange, shambling entity that this RP has become. It gathers plenty of interest, but never has many players; It has an abundance of good scenes and quality roleplay, but no real cohesion; And it's been given up for dead more times than I can count, but always rises again.

At this point I've given up on trying to work out exactly what it is we're playing here. I simply live in the moment and have fun with whoever happens to be around.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, just out of interest, in this particular universe, are other countries aware of Espers and do they have their own independent (and far less successful and often ethically dubious) Esper development projects?

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I did post. He's watching from the security cameras.
    I miss a lot, don't I?

Could you sum up if they spot Katsu and what he notices by trying to peek in the windows? I can look for it, but it might take a while until I get to it. ^_^'

Hey, just out of interest, in this particular universe, are other countries aware of Espers and do they have their own independent (and far less successful and often ethically dubious) Esper development projects?
    Don't believe they do, Academy City appears to have a monopoly on normal Espers and gemstones are subject to political battle over their alliance.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I'm just curious. These foreign esper development programs needn't be anywhere near as successful as Academy City, are a lot smaller and are probably secret (most likely by necessity). They might well be trying to copy Academy City, even if it's something paltry like copying their techniques that are already well-known (and which do not work without another factor).

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

The existence of Espers is common knowledge. However, Academy City has a complete monopoly on the methods used to create and develop them. The only Espers outside their influence are the extremely rare 'natural' ones known as Gemstones. Other countries are of course trying to create their own Power Curricula, but with no success whatsoever.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-01 at 12:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

I see. That makes sense.

If I my posit, however-Is it possible for them to have a minute degree of success, no matter how flawed, in the Power Development process? Obviously, they'd have to be secret, so on the surface it simply appears that they are failing.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

I see. That makes sense.

If I my posit, however-Is it possible for them to have a minute degree of success, no matter how flawed, in the Power Development process? Obviously, they'd have to be secret, so on the surface it simply appears that they are failing.
    Let's put it this way (Spoilers for the light novels ahead):

Spoiler
    Show
    In canon, the United States tried to create just such a program, using the Gemstones. Knowing that Academy City would try to stop them if they came close to a breakthrough, they used a brilliant method to hide their intentions. They tracked down all of the independent think tanks, fringe groups and foundations which had access to Gemstones and infiltrated them. While individually none of these organisations had any chance of success, the sum total of all their knowledge was formidable. And so in this way the United States gained access to a vast array of seemingly harmless groups with no connection to one another, allowing them to gain vast amounts of research data on power development without inciting Academy City's wrath. It was a brilliant scheme with incredible stealth...

...which Academy City effortlessly noticed. They then proceeded to send out an army of 9,968 clones which easily rescued every single Gemstone from every single one of the projects in the space of a few hours, thus totally destroying the entire plan.

And that's not even the worst part. According to Academy City's calculations, The U.S's plan had never had the slightest chance of working even if left alone; They'd never have succeeded in developing anything of value. The raid's only purpose was to stop the Gemstones from being needlessly tortured.

So no, Academy City's technology really is unique. The rest of the world hasn't even reached the bottom rung of the power development ladder.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-01 at 12:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Pixie in the Playground

Wellp, there goes any chance of that particular plot I had in mind :/. Seeing as magic is strictly off-limits.

Okay, gotta get back to thinking.

So all gemstones belong to or are affiliated to Academy City, are they?

Every single one?
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-01 at 12:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

Wellp, there goes any chance of that particular plot I had in mind :/. Seeing as magic is strictly off-limits.

Okay, gotta get back to thinking.

So all gemstones belong to or are affiliated to Academy City, are they?

Every single one?
    No, that's only true for the canon universe. In ours, the Gemstones are still mostly scattered across the world.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

If I'm one of the people you're thinking of, I am still around, it's just that I have no real clue where my character might be, other than maybe school, and since the one person I've seen that attends Azabu other than him is off elsewhere, there's not a lot to do.

Also, I was thinking of retconning where my character attends, since it's never come up IC, and Onizuka seems to be both less formal and more active, which would mean it's a better fit for the characater and I'd get to post more. Is there any problem with that, other than that it would drop him in the middle of a scene, which can be gotten around by saying that he's still in the hospital?

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    If I'm one of the people you're thinking of, I am still around, it's just that I have no real clue where my character might be, other than maybe school, and since the one person I've seen that attends Azabu other than him is off elsewhere, there's not a lot to do.
    The trouble with that mentality is that it's self defeating. If nobody posted for their characters unless something interesting was already happening, then no RP would ever get off the ground. Since there isn't an existing scene in any place where your character would plausibly be, why not create one for others to join?

Also, I was thinking of retconning where my character attends, since it's never come up IC, and Onizuka seems to be both less formal and more active, which would mean it's a better fit for the characater and I'd get to post more. Is there any problem with that, other than that it would drop him in the middle of a scene, which can be gotten around by saying that he's still in the hospital?
    The same sort of logic applies to this. If each player moves to Onizuka because it's the only place which seems to be active, then they've created a vicious cycle.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-01 at 01:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

As I said, there were other reasons, such as it seeming to be a better fit for the character. (And tying in with him having a sister, since that way they could both attend the same place, though I didn't mention that)

In any case, I get what you mean. It's just I'm not sure how to do that, considering that he's still injured and so many other people (everyone, so far as I can tell) are doing other things. I might be able to do some sort of thing with the hospital he's at being robbed, if there are any characters about that would get involved... Are there any PCs about that that would draw in?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-11-01 at 01:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have returned, I bet you missed me.

Well at this point I have Carver leaving the school for the exact reason that things are getting to hectic at the moment right there, he's decided even tough his current assignment is right there it'd be more prudent to wait and possibly do some other tasks while things there calm down.

It's partially because of what he would really do, and partially to expand the "active zone" of the game to encompas a wider area than just onizuka middle school.

edit: I think Carver might end up going to the hospital. He might've heard rumors that someone who went to his school got in a knife fight and might want to check it out
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-01 at 02:15 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Katsu attends Azabu, but he is off being a snoopy kid at the moment.

That is in the past, though, so he could be at school on Monday and interact with your character. I am just unsure if anything could happen that would mess that up...

Time jumping is confusing. >_<
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Keveak: If you want to have Katsu show up, that works for me.

Cole: Would having Carver show up and be told by Alia (the aforementioned sister) that Johnathan was discharged that morning work?

17. - Top - End - #737
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose it should, Carver usually doesn't give up that easily once he gets his mind set on something he'd probobly try and find out where he is right now.

(I guess I'm just gonna edit my last post, seeing as I don't want to double post and all.)

18. - Top - End - #738
    Bugbear in the Playground

I go to school and then all the cool **** goes down?!?!

Man, I'm so sad.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh yeah, big time. I was trying to set it up so that you came and got us out of the closet but things didn't turn out that way. Oh and Carver got his ass out of there.

but now he's back again, ah-haha
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-01 at 07:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Pixie in the Playground

Say, I can't find Alia or Ivaz in the wiki. Are they side-characters? Or are they simply not posted?
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-01 at 11:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741

Not prosted.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

22. - Top - End - #742

Say, I can't find Alia or Ivaz in the wiki. Are they side-characters? Or are they simply not posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Not prosted.
    Yeah, I haven't had a chance to put Ivaz or my other character, Krystal, in yet.

I will probably get to that in the next couple days.

If you want, their sheets are in this thread, a couple pages back.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

For the infiltration, we really need someone with background knowledge of the place to post the reactions of everyone inside.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    For the infiltration, we really need someone with background knowledge of the place to post the reactions of everyone inside.
    In the mean time, there's always Monday to keep you busy.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Cao dragged me into this. Hi guys, kind of new here.

Family Name: Shirogane
    Given Name: Ren
    Level: 4
    Affiliation: Nagatenjouki Academy, Judgement
    Appearance:
    178cm tall with an athletic build, Ren frequently wears his school uniform for lack of a better substitute. Or rather, he doesn't like wasting time to buy casual clothes. He doesn't display his Judgement armband unless absolutely necessary.

When he does go out in casual clothes, he tends to dress lightly and loosely.

Personality:
    On the outside, Ren is an abrasive, cold individual who does not like to socialize with others. He has few friends, hardly interacting with anybody else if he can help it. Normally showing a detached disinterest in things that do not concern him, Ren tends to keep to his own and projects the image of a perfectly law-abiding and disciplined student. After all, he is from Judgement.

Yet, on the inside, Ren is an utter slacker. While he is a driven individual who takes his exercise and studies seriously, he is incredibly protective of his break time- something his Judgement duties seem to have a disturbingly good accuracy at interrupting.

Esper Ability: Coordinate Twist

Coordinate Twist is a powerful variation of teleportation that allows the user to designate areas and switch them at will (I.e. switching two 2-meter radius spheres with each other). This can be done remotely, or even blindly (at great risk, so this is almost never done without forward preparation).

Ren has to calculate areas and displacement when attempting to teleport anything(exception being his body), making usage slower than say, Shirai Kuroko from canon.

Furthermore, the ability relies extensively on reference points and pre-recorded coordinates for safe usage(Don't want to teleport into a rock). Excessive use of Coordinate Twist causes severe headaches and may even induce a temporary coma.

LEVEL 4: Capable of teleporting a human-sized mass up to 500m.(Comfortable usage level- May exceed distance or volume, but may incur headache.)
    Teleportation interfered by nervous systems(Has to teleport a whole animal or nothing)
    Teleportation must be in a standard shape(cuboid, pyramid, sphere, etc.) with the exception of teleporting himself.
    Teleportation takes 1 second, during which the destination and source areas refract light heavily.
    May be safely used once every 5 seconds.

Sub-uses

Portals: By constantly switching two 2-d planes, Ren can create a simulation of a portal. Maximum Size: 2m by 2m, Range of 500m. Requires focus to be maintained

NOTE: Stated ranges are theoretical. Practical usage either requires #1: Line of Sight or #2: A reasonably deserted pre-prepared coordinate to teleport to.(I.e. Don't want to teleport into anything, or in front of anyone.)

Physical Abilities:
    Takedown Specialist: Ren is skilled in freerunning, parkour and close-combat.
    Slippery: Ren can seemingly slip through almost any obstacle, courtesy of running through the Anti-Skill obstacle course for exercise instead of jogging.
    Kendo: Ren was in the school team when he was back in Middle School. Physical skill is hard to forget, but hard to remember either.

Mental Abilities:
    Elementary Math: Due to the nature of his ability, Ren is freakishly good at basic calculations, 3-d mapping and vector mathematics.
    Paranoid: Ren always carries a set of handcuffs on his person.
    Good Liar: Years of putting on an act has made Ren a pretty good liar.
    Tsundere/Antisocial: Ren is curt and abrasive to most people he meets- This is probably the reason why he has few friends. Those he does have, however, he will protect and help in any way he can- While still firing off the occasional snide insinuation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mental Snap: Push Ren too far... - Explained in backstory if ever necessary/happens

Notable Equipment:
    Handphone: Functions as a PDA and a Smartphone, with projected holographic screen and keyboard.(Something like Kuroko's from Railgun)
    Watch: Casio sports watch.
    Judgement Kit: Ren has access to Judgement equipment, including Riot Shields, handcuffs, pepper spray, smoke grenades and tasers.

...This okay?

Spoiler
    Show
    He does have nicknames, but until Cao makes his other character...

NERFBAT *BLAM* Stolen school internet for the win.
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-11-03 at 09:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #746

The teleporters in canon don't use instinct. Teleportation requires the calculation of eleventh dimensional vectors, and even for an expert there is still a chance for something to go wrong.

I think your ability is to powerful. Even Musujime wasn't that powerful, and she was said to have the potential to become a level five.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

HA
    HA

I TOLD YOU ATRUM

I TOLD YOU DAWG

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT OVERPOWEREDNESS

BUT IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Yeah I'll tell him when he wakes up.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The teleporters in canon don't use instinct. Teleportation requires the calculation of eleventh dimensional vectors, and even for an expert there is still a chance for something to go wrong.

I think your ability is to powerful. Even Musujime wasn't that powerful, and she was said to have the potential to become a level five.
    Agreed. Among other things, a range of 2km is simply out of the question for a Level 4.

Also, could you possibly change the school he attends to either Azabu or Onizuka? Preferably the former, since it would help to balance things out.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Not prosted.
    Yep. And if you can find Johnathan in the wiki, which I'm not sure about as you didn't mention him, that raises the question 'who entered my character?'

I'll probably get them posted later.

Edit: Speaking of Alia, would telekinesis that's restricted to silicon dioxide work as an ability?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-11-02 at 11:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, here is Lens' partner.

Family Name: Kamakura
    Given Name: Mei
    Level: 3
    Affiliation: Tokiwadai Middle School, Judgement
    Nicknames: Kirby(-chan~)
    Appearance:
    With numerous multi-colored beads in her hair, pink stickers on all her accessories and a perpetually chatty mouth, Kamakura Mei is a character one would definitely associate with the term 'larger than life'. Because she certainly acts a lot larger than she actually is. A small (as in, 4'10 small), slight girl with long black hair and green eyes, she could certifiably be called 'cute', in a girlish, slightly hyperactive way.

She is half-Japanese, half-Chinese, and judging by her mostly pleasant disposition, she is from a happy family. She idolises Kasusa Sakurako as the ideal Judgement agent and dispenser of justice-Whilst ignoring her flaws, obviously.

Personality:
    Mei is a girl given to tempestuous changes in mood-At times, she can be sweet and friendly and kind and incredibly bubbly-Which, fortunately, is the way she normally is-Or, she could be incredibly fierce and forceful, not at all afraid to visit harm on the offender (or her team-mate, Shirogane Len). Whilst the red-faced, tip-toed, shrieking unbridled fury coming from such a tiny girl may look amusing-Even cute, one should beware; her wrath could blow you away. Literally.

Esper Ability: Breath Hammer
    Breath Hammer-Meis' Esper Power and the one which has earned her her much-hated nickname. Generating massive hammerspaces in her lungs, she can inhale vast quantities of air with ease, and expel them with great force. Currently, she can temporarily generate gale-force winds, throwing people catching the full brunt of her power dozens of feet.

She accomplishes this by manipulating the pressure gradients inside the hammerspaces in her lungs.

Her power, coincidentally, gives her a most comical appearance when she hyperventilates, as she inhales and exhales with a force that an ordinary human would not be able to imitate-Which she does frequently, when in distress.

Physical Abilities:
    Frail: Mei is neither a physically powerful or resilient girl.

Judgement Training: She is relatively skilled at Judgement-style martial arts, though.

Adorable (Maybe): Most people, particularly boys, would find it hard to hit her, in the same way they'd find it hard to strike a little girl. Which she is. Mei, however, has no such reservations about hitting them.

Mental Abilities:
    Hyperactive: Mei has too much energy at times, finding it difficult to sit down and focus on something unless the need is really pressing. Conversely, it is also very difficult to tire her out, a fact which Shirogane Len loathes.

Singing Voice: She also has, perhaps thanks to her power, a marvelous singing voice. Curiously, despite her brashness in virtually every other field, she is very shy about displaying this trait.

Clever: But not overly so. She can keep up at Tokiwadai, without excessive study.

Mentally Stable: Unlike many other Espers, Mei is mentally very sound; in virtually every way save her involvement with Judgement and her power, she is the image of a happy teenage girl living a happy teenage life.

Tsundere: There are some who say she is this with her teammate, frequently abusing him and then acting all apologetic (and then giving him lunch). She will explode in your face if you mention this, however.

Notable Equipment:
    Handphone: Functions as a PDA and a Smartphone, with projected holographic screen and keyboard.
    Judgement Armband: Which she often proudly wears.
    Various Cute and Pointless Accessories: Self-explanatory.
    Pepper Spray: She carries a small can of this, largely at her overprotective fathers' request.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-03 at 06:41 AM.