New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Metro] Random Locations/Streets

Krystal nods a little. Sounds like I might've met the guy. Customer came in earlier with kind of the same attitude. Sadly, he got an apartment in the building, so I'll be seeing him often. Just hope he isn't on my floor.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little. Sounds like I might've met the guy. Customer came in earlier with kind of the same attitude. Sadly, he got an apartment in the building, so I'll be seeing him often. Just hope he isn't on my floor.
    "Well, if you ever get too sick of him you can always crash here. I kind of planned this out to house multiple people, just in case."
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

3. - Top - End - #93

Krystal nods a little. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be fine.

Besides, she just met the guy. And he's already inviting her to stay at his house? Kinda suspicious...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

"So, any more questions?" James asks.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

5. - Top - End - #95

Krystal shakes her head. Nope. Just satisfying my curiosity. Might come back again later, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

"Okay then. See you later." James says, walking over to his bird to pet it.
    Last edited by Gimliggamer; 2010-12-17 at 12:03 AM.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

7. - Top - End - #97

She walks out of his house and heads back to her apartment.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mercy Medical]

Dr. D gets inside and locks up for the night, his hospital totally empty for the first time in a long while. Just him and his motorized companions... and his new finds. A seemingly blank wall slides open as he walks towards it, and he descends into the basement carrying his supplies. He unloads the parts he got from the store and begins to dismantle them, letting the radio play soothing tunes of a forgotten era for as long as he can. Unfortunately, he needs the antenna for other purposes, and it was able to be boosted without frying- a good sign.

He opens up a console in the same room and begins to remove fried components. Literally fried, like, melty even- beyond even his own power. He replaces them with the components from the radio and the other electronics he had taken apart, making circuit boards fit and do things they probably weren't intended to. He takes his time, and makes sure everything works before turning it on again.

(Deadtime.)

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Having expected that, he shake his head sadly and retracts the offered handshake. "Oh. I'm sorry. Is there some reason you can't get a job? I've seen several hiring signs, since I've been here, but I understand that some of us might have...complications, with some jobs."
    He shakes his head. Seems he just always lived in the streets because he did.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

[421 Peabody Avenue]

A petite redhead arrives in a cab, a moving truck right behind her. She steps out and looks around, nodding and taking a deep breath. She bends down and retrieves a hand-carved wooden sign, the script delicate, a bit of filigree under the name.

Penelope Danvers, Psychology/Psychiatry

Smiling faintly, she adjusts her glasses and steps inside as the movers start unloading boxes and follow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

11. - Top - End - #101

Having not expected to meet a homeless person without much interest in getting a job, Farcy frowned. Are they all just lazy bums, or does this one just photosynthesize his food? He squashed the frown and attempted a bit of breeziness, "Well, if you're looking for a hot meal, I live just down the road," He pointed at the apartment building he'd come from. "Apartment 2B. I'm a doctor, so if you or any of your friends ever need any help, I'll be there. Or at my hospital, of course."
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Having not expected to meet a homeless person without much interest in getting a job, Farcy frowned. Are they all just lazy bums, or does this one just photosynthesize his food? He squashed the frown and attempted a bit of breeziness, "Well, if you're looking for a hot meal, I live just down the road," He pointed at the apartment building he'd come from. "Apartment 2B. I'm a doctor, so if you or any of your friends ever need any help, I'll be there. Or at my hospital, of course."
    Quartz isn't a lazy bum. He just sucks at any and all jobs he has ever done, no matter how simple. And it's not like he's dumb either. He just gets distracted very easily. But he does like food. He smiles.
    Thanks.
    In fact, he isn't even a bum. He lives very nicely even if he doesn't live in a house. Being an animorphis has made him born with a more animalistic mind so that is just how he lives.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

[Random Street]

Well, Dr. Farcy doesn't know any of that, but he does smile back and wave, as he continues on. "No problem. See you around." He'd then head for Saint Charles and the research labs attached to it.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

14. - Top - End - #104

[421 Peabody Avenue]

Penelope tips the movers and waves them away, then goes down the alleyway beside her building. Checking over her shoulder as she goes, she examines the masonry of the walls, as well as nods her approval at the addition to the back: behind the rear wall of the building, a new wall has been added - 15 feet high, solidly-made. The bright red of the new brick is a contrast to the older, brown stones of the original building, but she doesn't care. Various sounds of...animals?...are heard on the other side. Seeing that her private sanctuary is safe, secure, and complete, she heads inside.

A few minutes later, a new sign joins the one that advertises her services. This one is handwritten.

Residents of Metropolis are seen at no charge. Free consulation and first session for employees of the City.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

[Police Station]

The police station. The nerve center of the police in Metro. The very battery which charges the taser, the rifle which fires the bullet. In this fortress are two men walking up a desolate hallway. Their clothes are of black, standing in stark contrast to the sanitary, flat white of the walls and the dirty granite tiles of the floor. One wears leather gloves. The other only the same long-sleeved black uniform that the police wear off-duty. The fiber is durable and strong. The pants are of rough black canvas with and the boots are polished black and steel-toed. The lights in the hallway are blinding, so much so that as the two men stride down the hallway they must shield their eyes with their arms to prevent the glare of the light from interfering with their vision. The uniforms have names printed on the front, barely visible from across the room and the phrase "Metropolis Police Force" printed in white on the upper back of the uniform, Parker and Tomas. The clatter of their boots pounding against the floor as they walk resonates through the corridor. This is the sole noise in the hallway, apart from a muffled shout of angst from one of the bolted metal hatches they pass. They approach another secure, metal hatch at the end of the hallway.

"Today, Rookie, you get your first assignment. Interrogation. By now you know what to do."

Tomas speaks. Neither man even glances at the other, their eyes locked on their destination.

"Yes I do. It will be the highlight of my day. Well, other than having that chip inserted under my skin."

Parker chuckles. Their steps slow to a halt outside the room. Tomas swipes a keycard into a scanner at the side of the door. The door clicks as a lock is unfastened and the door slowly creeps open. Tomas motions for Parker to enter with his hand and seals the door behind him. Inside the door is a mutant strapped to a chair. It is slumped over and is nearly unconscious, its breathing slow and pained. Scars and bruises cover its body as much as the clothes it is wearing.

"You remember me. I have been observing you for the past couple of days. Now it is my turn. I notice your file is filled with discrepancies. For one, it doesn't mention your greatest fear, the most effective way to torture you."

The mutant's eyes stare at the wall, filled with disbelief.

"No...they wouldn't let you!"

"Really? Then tell me, what is this cage for?"

Parker scoffs as he draws a cage from behind a desk in the room that he had planted there earlier that day for effect. His blue eyes focus on the creature inside as he brings it near the mutant struggling to break free from the chair, so consumed by its fear to even let out a whimper as it sees the camel spider squirming about, a captive in the cage...but not for long.

A hatch is raised and the camel spider begins to crawl into Parker's gloved hand.

"N-n-no! I-I'll tell you anything!"

The mutant stammers, pushing as far back in his chair as it is able in an attempt to distance himself from the camel spider. It doesn't help that the chair is bolted securely to the floor.

"No need. Your, friend, told us everything."

The condemned mutant's eyes grow dark as the camel spider is placed on its lap. It flails about attempting to break free from its chair, tripling its efforts due to this threat on its lap. Its eyes have widened and sit like two marbles as his powers nearly activate, but fail due to the exhaustion of three days of torture. The mutant moans, pleading to be released with its eyes from which a steady flow of tears oozes as it begins to lose consciousness yet again,

"What did I do to deserve this?"

"You were born."

The mutant slumps over, unconscious again as Parker picks up the camel spider, throws it to the ground, and crushes it underfoot. He walks to the hatch and knocks on it. Tomas opens it from the other side and scans the room, grinning.

"This one is broken, when will I get another?"

"In good time, partner. As for now I will signal for cleanup of this area."

Tomas sprints off to inform the chief of Parker's success. Parker lifts his foot and steps out into the hallway, the bright goo which once was a spider dripping off of his right boot as he walks down the hallway to the locker room and prepares for patrol.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quartz walks the street in his human form. Pretty soon the police would come out and clean up any stray supers they found lying throughout the streets. Supers like him who didn't have a home in this miserable city. They would drag them away with no real reason excapt for hatred. Quartz had been able to escape them every night so far, but it was only a matter of time before they caught him too.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

[421 Peabody Avenue]

Dr. Farcy, walking back to his apartment from yet another mutant homeowner trying to scam him into buying some worthless real estate, happens to notice the sign. Surpise blinks away his perpetual scowl. "A fellow professional! And a psychologist!" Thinking about how she could be useful to him, somehow, but mostly hoping that she won't be as intimidated or repulsed by him as most of the people at his hospital have been, he knocks on the door.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-18 at 08:35 PM.

- Myself

18. - Top - End - #108

SolithKnightGuy

Johan Ericksen, owner and sole employee of the "Mach 1 Couriers Company" was running along at high speed jumping over things and wall running around sharp turns. Every once and a while he'd rush into an alley and use various fire-escapes and platforms to scale a building then run along the rooftops for a bit before returning to ground level via daring leaps and flips.

He was fast but certainly visible and his crazy speedster parkour tricks were becoming well know in the city. Oddly enough, he'd occasionally get jobs from people who merely wanted to watch him reach the destination. these stunts and tricks were his best advertisement.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

[Streets-Wess's First Patrol]

"So, as initiation, you have to survive one night on solo patrol. Good luck. Remember, shoot first. We won't be there to back you up this time."

Tomas's voice thunders to Parker as he heaves open the hatch separating the sanctum known as the police station from the outside, mutant-infested streets. Out steps Wess clad in his standard Metro police gear (see character sheet) hand hovering over his pistol prepared to draw and fire his primed weapon if deemed necessary. Wess places his Aviators upon his face so that his eyes cannot be seen, as though he is hiding behind these lenses of darkness. Then, he smirks in a self-assured manner. Wess was truly looking forward to the events he was sure would transpire this evening under this cloak of dark which covered the city at so late an hour.

Thus, Wess tromps through the streets on a patrol in complete solitude, eyes scanning the streets as he proceeds. Heck, Wess even hums to himself as he walks to alert the mutants of his presence. Maybe one of them would try something stupid so he could murder it. It can't hurt him to hope, though it may cause others to be mauled if this event comes to be.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2010-12-19 at 01:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

SolithKnightGuy

[Streets]

Johan drops out of the sky spins around a traffic light a couple times then drops to the ground mere yards away form Wess. He turns and cries cheerfully. "BeautifulEveningOfficer!" and jets away. He is only kicking around at about 50 MPH right now. More of a decent trot then a real run for 'Han.
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2010-12-19 at 01:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

[Streets]

Wess jumps when Johan appears. He watches Johan speed away, wondering if there was such a thing as a speed limit here and if he could ticket a mutant for exceeding it. He pauses and wonders for a moment, then resumes walking. If he was to run across a speedster he had to take down he would shoot it in the kneecap to prevent it from running away swiftly then apprehend it, he decides as he whistles the Super Mario Brothers theme.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Streets]

Wess jumps when Johan appears. He watches Johan speed away, wondering if there was such a thing as a speed limit here and if he could ticket a mutant for exceeding it. He pauses and wonders for a moment, then resumes walking. If he was to run across a speedster he had to take down he would shoot it in the kneecap to prevent it from running away swiftly then apprehend it, he decides as he whistles the Super Mario Brothers theme.
    A pure white cat sits and glares at Wess. It is so white it is literally impossible to see against the blackness of the night.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    A pure white cat sits and glares at Wess. It is so white it is literally impossible to see against the blackness of the night.
    Wess passes the white feline, as he cannot see it against the blackness of the night. He might come within three feet of it as he does so. If the cat makes only a minuscule amount of noise or none at all, Wess should march past it without noticing it. He is now whistling the Luigi's Mansion theme cheerily as he scans the illuminated areas of the street, if any, and alters his route so that he passes through the light.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2010-12-19 at 03:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Wess passes the white feline, as he cannot see it against the blackness of the night. He might come within three feet of it as he does so. If the cat makes only a minuscule amount of noise or none at all, Wess should march past it without noticing it. He is now whistling the Luigi's Mansion theme cheerily as he scans the illuminated areas of the street, if any, and alters his route so that he passes through the light.
    Oops. I meant to say it is impossible NOT to see him.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

[54th St. and Riverside Avenue]

Running down the middle of the street ignoring the indignant honking from the cars around him. Is a man.

His face is set in what looks like a permanent scowl, he's dressed in all black save for a santa hat placed upon his head.

He's not a particularly handsome man but neither is he really ugly.

In one of his hand he is holding most of a set of Christmas lights. Trailing out behind him is the rest of that line of lights.
    Last edited by celtois; 2010-12-19 at 04:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

[54th St.]

Sargent Marcus is walking down the street smoking his cigar.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #117

[54th]

The good Sergeant will likely happen across this odd scene. As the man runs through the middle of the intersection on a red light.

Car are beeping, there is angry honking and swearing from many of them.

Off to the side a news crew is reporting on the whole thing,

"Caught on film earlier today a man in all black save for a Santa cap came running down 54th S.T. Today carrying a strand of Christmas lights. Channel 3 news will bring you more on this story just after the break."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

[54th]

Sarge pauses at the strange seen and shakes his head. " Crazy person. "

-Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #119

[54th]

Well apparently Blink gets away with the lights.

The Channel 3 news people are scrambling trying to find out anything about what just happened. Trying to interview people in their cars or, or on foot, most of which just walk/drive away. Finally a reporter makes her way over to the Srgt. "Sir, would you care to comment on the incident we just saw?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

[54th]

Sarge takes a drag on his cigar. " Looked like a crazy man. Probably just one of many in this damn city. " The gruff military man says before walking off.

-Nexus Characters