New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall Project (Now with 100% more badgers!)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    But wasn't it a Magic Tortoise?

Further proof I need to re-read, as I have read 3/4 of those. Anywho, I'd do them then. Might be kind of akward to play as, but if everyone played one, or it was a shoreline campaign... Im not sure anymore. They're sort of impractical as a PC race.
    No, it was just a Tortoise.

That's why I held off on them. I'll do them, but they and the other two intelligent water-dwellers are down on my priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Averagedog View Post
    If you were to put magic into redwall... the only magic I can see being in this universe is divination magic or even illusion in some cases taking out the spells that deal damage as manifested abilities. Maybe some spells could be reflavored to be morale bonuses? There is a lot of morale boosting type warlord like events seen in the books.

edit. In fact if hit points were relfavored to be more about morale of your character rather than strictly your ability to fight. Healing spells can be reflavored as well.
    Yes, that's what I've been thinking I'll do. There won't be any actual "Spells," but they will be reflavored to non-magical abilities. The closest to magic would be seers and the like. A magician class might be something to add though.
    Reworking HP seems a bit more than what I want to do. I'll figure out something for healing.
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-01-11 at 08:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Oh! Dude! There was another class I just realized you could do. :3

You could do a cavemob shrew and The Painted Ones. Unless the painted ones make better enemies than an actual race. The Cavemob shrews are sort of a fun, primordial class for shrews, though.
    Last edited by Wrathofautumn; 2011-01-11 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to subscribe to this thread.

3. - Top - End - #63

One simple way to fix the whole magic issue would be to make the game run on D20 Past. Simply allow some of the more magical advanced classes, and BAM!
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

One simple way to fix the whole magic issue would be to make the game run on D20 Past. Simply allow some of the more magical advanced classes, and BAM!
    Another idea is that Magic in this universe is either very subtle or requires material components. Some of these powers include clairvoyance and camouflage, even sixth sense. These powers behave much like the Physical, Healing, and Sensitive Psionic powers found in Rifts. However, these abilities are rare and usually only Foxes or exceptional beasts have these gifts.

Perhaps there's a way to state that Foxes are adept with "magic". The less than subtle magic is usually the stuff that requires cheap tricks or material components to create stuff like sleeping potions or fireballs. Maybe an alchemist class is in order for that. It would be something that would make the fox character shine.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathofautumn View Post
    Oh! Dude! There was another class I just realized you could do. :3

You could do a cavemob shrew and The Painted Ones. Unless the painted ones make better enemies than an actual race. The Cavemob shrews are sort of a fun, primordial class for shrews, though.
    Painted ones are Tree Rats, and aren't Cavemob Shrews pygmy shrews?

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    I'll take a look at it, thanks. Though I wanted to keep this as closely tied to 3.5 D&D as possible, so that more people would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathofautumn View Post
    Another idea is that Magic in this universe is either very subtle or requires material components. Some of these powers include clairvoyance and camouflage, even sixth sense. These powers behave much like the Physical, Healing, and Sensitive Psionic powers found in Rifts. However, these abilities are rare and usually only Foxes or exceptional beasts have these gifts.

Perhaps there's a way to state that Foxes are adept with "magic". The less than subtle magic is usually the stuff that requires cheap tricks or material components to create stuff like sleeping potions or fireballs. Maybe an alchemist class is in order for that. It would be something that would make the fox character shine.
    There are going to be some subtle effects, like Seer abilities, but if I'm going to stay as close to the books as possible, I might as well go all-out, and not have any flashy magic. Though "spellvials" using alchemical class may be something to allow. Foxes will have their own Seer PrC.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

I started on the Bloodwrath thing. My idea was that you could get a Wrath Feat every level.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

*GASPSQUEEGLOMP*
    Haven't actually read through this yet, but I love you. I'll post a proper comment after I've read everything.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I started on the Bloodwrath thing. My idea was that you could get a Wrath Feat every level.
    Looking forward to seeing it! I can't guarantee I'll like it, but I definitely won't discard it. The worst that could happen is me telling you what I don't like about it, and asking you to change up some things

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    *GASPSQUEEGLOMP*
    Haven't actually read through this yet, but I love you. I'll post a proper comment after I've read everything.
    Glad you're excited about it! People liking the project encourages me to do more

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Wow, this idea is awesome!

So, here are a few thoughts I've had while surfing wikipedia's entries on Redwall.

One thing that I've always been confused about whether the Sparra were supposed to be the small songbirds (Sparrows) or any of the numerous birds of prey know as sparrowhawks; I've even heard the claim that the Sparra were American Kestrels (despite the fact they're not from Britain), though it turns out that it does account for the "killy, killy" war-cry. So yeah, can anyone clarify what sort of birds they are?

The list of birds could use a few entries covering the roles of ravens, crows (apparently there was a crow seer in Mattimeo?!), magpies, rooks and Jackdaws (or whatever the birds were in Pearls of Lutra). What sizes do you plan on using for the avian races?

On another note, there have been at least two characters in the series who've specialized in disguising themselves as vermin, so an existing PrC's with a disguise focus could be adapted to fit. If you want to know the specific characters/books, Mossflower has an otter called "the Mask" and The Long Patrol has a hare named Midge Manycoats.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Jolee View Post
    Wow, this idea is awesome!

So, here are a few thoughts I've had while surfing wikipedia's entries on Redwall.

One thing that I've always been confused about whether the Sparra were supposed to be the small songbirds (Sparrows) or any of the numerous birds of prey know as sparrowhawks; I've even heard the claim that the Sparra were American Kestrels (despite the fact they're not from Britain), though it turns out that it does account for the "killy, killy" war-cry. So yeah, can anyone clarify what sort of birds they are?

The list of birds could use a few entries covering the roles of ravens, crows (apparently there was a crow seer in Mattimeo?!), magpies, rooks and Jackdaws (or whatever the birds were in Pearls of Lutra). What sizes do you plan on using for the avian races?

On another note, there have been at least two characters in the series who've specialized in disguising themselves as vermin, so an existing PrC's with a disguise focus could be adapted to fit. If you want to know the specific characters/books, Mossflower has an otter called "the Mask" and The Long Patrol has a hare named Midge Manycoats.
    Thanks for the thoughts! In order:
    That's actually a really good question. I've always had it in my mind that they were the songbirds, especially since they are about the same size as mice. I know they aren't American Kestrels, but the war cry could have been taken from there.

The list for birds is simply a list right now, until I finish the races up and move on to classes and PrCs I won't really be addressing roles. There are a couple bird seers if I recall. Eagles will be the largest things in the world; they may even shift to a non-pc monster since they'll be so big. Sparras I plan on having be small, crows and magpies medium, ravens may be large. The hawks I need to consider individually.

Yes, I think a Master of Many Masks type PrC will be in order, as well as a "spy" PrC.

Classes will be thought upon and updated with a list tonight.

11. - Top - End - #71

Great work on the races. Some suggestions:
    I don't think searats should be a separate subrace. They're probably just ordinary rats who take to seafaring.
    For the Painted Ones, have you looked at the Forestkith Goblin from Monster Manual III? I think they fit perfectly.
    Maybe the Flitchaye weasels can be a separate subrace. Small size, low Intelligence, skilled in herblore.
    I'll try to contribute something. Will be statting up a couple adders pretty soon.

Love wins. S'agapo.

12. - Top - End - #72

Great work on the races. Some suggestions:
    I don't think searats should be a separate subrace. They're probably just ordinary rats who take to seafaring.
    For the Painted Ones, have you looked at the Forestkith Goblin from Monster Manual III? I think they fit perfectly.
    Maybe the Flitchaye weasels can be a separate subrace. Small size, low Intelligence, skilled in herblore.
    I'll try to contribute something. Will be statting up a couple adders pretty soon.
    Searats could be a PrC I guess.
    Forestkin Goblin is a great suggestion, thanks!
    I had forgotten the Flitchaye, they should be a subrace.
    A word of warning, I plan on having the adders have monster levels, like a badger, rather than LA. But I'd appreciate any contribution!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

This idea is great, loved the Redwall books.

Do you have any idea for a warlord/leader type class or PrC? Think of any character that has had to lead the troops in battle, like Boar the Fighter or Cluny the Scourge.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    There are going to be some subtle effects, like Seer abilities, but if I'm going to stay as close to the books as possible, I might as well go all-out, and not have any flashy magic. Though "spellvials" using alchemical class may be something to allow. Foxes will have their own Seer PrC.
    I'd agree with the 'nothing flashy' approach. Strictly divination, mostly minor effects, and I'd think it might be good to model it with SLAs or even a Truenamer-style skill check rather than spells.

15. - Top - End - #75

Ugh, got stuck in my lab last night. Updating classes now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    This idea is great, loved the Redwall books.

Do you have any idea for a warlord/leader type class or PrC? Think of any character that has had to lead the troops in battle, like Boar the Fighter or Cluny the Scourge.
    Thanks, glad you like it! I think WotC has that covered, with classes like Marshal. But if they seem inadequate, I may add one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapak View Post
    I'd agree with the 'nothing flashy' approach. Strictly divination, mostly minor effects, and I'd think it might be good to model it with SLAs or even a Truenamer-style skill check rather than spells.
    SLA's yes, no truenamer skill checking though, too easily abused.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Geurilla = Barbarian w/ different flavour.

Also what's wrong w/ a spell-less Ranger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Spell-less ranger? How, may I ask, would Animal Companion work? Lizards and insects are about the only non-intelligent animals in this world.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-01-13 at 08:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Just take that away and add something else in return. For example, add more skill points, and maybe bonus feats.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spell-less ranger? How, may I ask, would Animal Companion work? Lizards and insects are about the only non-intelligent animals in this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Just take that away and add something else in return. For example, add more skill points, and maybe bonus feats.
    And I didn't even have to do any work.

EDIT: Plus, this Redwall. A Mouse Ranger with a Dire Wolf Campanion? ROFL
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-01-13 at 08:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

As promised, here's my version of the adder. I'm pretty new to homebrewing, so I don't know how the balance will be.

Spoiler
    Show

“Asmodeusssssssss!”

Adders are fearsome reptilian predators that stalk the woodlands. They are among the most feared of all creatures.
    Most adult adders cap at level 10. Higher level adders are extraordinary specimens. The largest and most powerful adders are creatures of legend, whose presence can turn the most tranquil of woodlands into a place of nightmare.

Hit Dice: d12
    {table=“head”]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Features
    1|+1|+2|+2|+2|Bite 1d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    2|+2|+3|+3|+3|Poison 1d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    3|+3|+3|+3|+3|Stealthy, improved grab, +1 natural armor
    4|+4|+4|+4|+4|Evil eye, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    5|+5|+4|+4|+4|Fast movement
    6|+6/+1|+5|+5|+5|Growth, bite 1d8, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 natural armor
    7|+7/+2|+5|+5|+5|Scent, poison 2d6
    8|+8/+3|+6|+6|+6|Constrict, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    9|+9/+4|+6|+6|+6|Frightful presence, +1 natural armor
    10|+10/+5|+7|+7|+7|Bite 1d12, +1 Str, +1 Con
    11|+11/+6/+1|+7|+7|+7|Lingering gaze
    12|+12/+7/+2|+8|+8|+8|Poison 3d6, +1 Str, +1 Cha, +1 natural armor
    13|+13/+8/+3|+8|+8|+8|Camouflage
    14|+14/+9/+4|+9|+9|+9|Growth, bite 2d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    15|+15/+10/+5|+9|+9|+9|Improved frightful presence, +1 natural armor
    16|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+10|+10|Evil gaze, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    17|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+10|Trail of terror
    18|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+11|Bite 2d8, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 natural armor
    19|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+11|Superior frightful presence
    20|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+12|Growth, bite 3d6, +1 Str, +1 Cha |[/table]
    Skill Points at First Level: (2 + Int modifier) x4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.
    Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str).
    Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An adder is proficient with its bite attack. It cannot wield other weapons. It is not proficient with any armor.

Bite: An adder has a bite attack that deals 1d6 + 1 ½ Str modifier damage. The base damage increases to 1d8 at level 6, 1d12 at level 10, 2d6 at level 14, and 2d8 at level 18.
    Poison: An adder’s bite is poisonous, with initial and secondary damage 1d6 Con. The damage increases to 2d6 Con at 7th level and 3d6 Con at 12th. The save DC to resist the adder’s poison is 10 + ½ the adder’s level + the adder’s Con modifier.
    Stealthy: At 3rd level, an adder gains Stealthy as a bonus feat.
    Improved Grab: At 3th level, an adder gains the improved grab ability. When an adder hits an opponent of one or more size categories smaller with its bite attack, it can attempt to initiate a grapple as a free action.
    Evil eye: An adder of 4th level or higher can use its evil eyes to hypnotize its prey. As a standard action, the adder can target its evil eye toward an opponent. The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the adder’s level + the adder’s Cha modifier) or be dazed as long as the adder concentrates on holding the gaze (a standard action). Opponents can avoid the adder’s evil eye just as they can avoid a gaze attack. The range of this ability is 5 feet per level of the adder.
    Fast Movement: At 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter, the adder gains a +10-ft bonus to its land speed.
    Growth: At 6th level, an adder’s size increases to Large. At 14th level, its size further increases to Huge. At 20th level, its size becomes Gargantuan.
    Scent: At 7th level, an adder gains the Scent ability.
    Constrict: An adder of 8th level or higher deals bludgeoning damage equal to its bite damage with a successful grapple check.
    Frightful Presence: An adder of 9th level or higher is a fearsome sight to behold. Any creature near the adder must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the adder’s level + the adder’s Cha modifier) or become shaken for 2d6 rounds. The range of this ability is 10 feet per level of the adder. A creature that successfully saves against the frightful presence of an adder cannot be affected again by the same adder’s frightful presence for 24 hours.
    Lingering Gaze: A victim of the evil eye of an 11th level or higher adder remains stunned for 1d6 rounds after the adder ceases concentration.
    Camouflage: An adder of 13th level or higher can use the Hide skill in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain doesn’t grant cover or concealment.
    Improved Frightful Presence: Creatures affected by the frightful presence of a 15th level or higher adder are frightened instead of shaken.
    Evil gaze: At 16th level, the adder’s evil eye ability becomes a true gaze attack. Any creature within range of the adder’s evil eye that catches the adder’s eye is subject to the attack. The adder does not need to take an action.
    Trail of Terror: An adder of 17th level or higher leaves an aura of dread in its wake. A creature that approaches within 60 feet of a location in which the adder was present within the last 3 days must make a Will save (DC equals that of the adder’s frightful presence) or become shaken for as long as it remains within 60 feet of the adder’s trail, and 1d6 rounds thereafter.
    Superior Frightful Presence: Creatures affected by the frightful presence of an adder of 19th level or higher become panicked. If the adder is aware of the creature’s presence, it can choose to stun the victim instead.

Thoughts? Corrections? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2011-01-13 at 10:57 PM.

Love wins. S'agapo.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Adder
    +20 BAB? I dont homebrew classes, but shouldn't it be split around 5th level to +5/+1?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

I wouldn't wait until the 54th level to give an Adder the Evil Eye. :D

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    +20 BAB? I dont homebrew classes, but shouldn't it be split around 5th level to +5/+1?
    Oh right, I forgot about that.

I wouldn't wait until the 54th level to give an Adder the Evil Eye. :D
    Huh?

Love wins. S'agapo.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Its a typo, I think you meant 4th level, but you wrote 54th level.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Ninja'd

Spoiler
    Show

-snip for great jistice-
    Evil eye: An adder of 54th level or higher can use its evil eyes to hypnotize its prey.
    -snip for great jistice-

Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-01-13 at 10:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Ah. Fixed.

Love wins. S'agapo.

27. - Top - End - #87

It's a good first stab Blue Ghost. Critiques follow in red.

Spoiler
    Show

Adders are fearsome reptilian predators that stalk the woodlands. They are among the most feared of all creatures.
    Most adult adders cap at level 10. Higher level adders are extraordinary specimens. The largest and most powerful adders are creatures of legend, whose presence can turn the most tranquil of woodlands into a place of nightmare.

Hit Dice: d12
    {table=“head”]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Features
    1|+1|+2|+2|+2|Bite 1d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    2|+2|+3|+3|+3|Poison 1d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    3|+3|+3|+3|+3|Stealthy, improved grab, +1 natural armor
    4|+4|+4|+4|+4|Evil eye, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    5|+5|+4|+4|+4|Fast movement
    6|+6/+1|+5|+5|+5|Growth, bite 1d8, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 natural armor
    7|+7/+2|+5|+5|+5|Scent, poison 2d6
    8|+8/+3|+6|+6|+6|Constrict, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    9|+9/+4|+6|+6|+6|Frightful presence, +1 natural armor
    10|+10/+5|+7|+7|+7|Bite 1d12, +1 Str, +1 Con
    11|+11/+6/+1|+7|+7|+7|Lingering gaze
    12|+12/+7/+2|+8|+8|+8|Poison 3d6, +1 Str, +1 Cha, +1 natural armor
    13|+13/+8/+3|+8|+8|+8|Camouflage
    14|+14/+9/+4|+9|+9|+9|Growth, bite 2d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    15|+15/+10/+5|+9|+9|+9|Improved frightful presence, +1 natural armor
    16|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+10|+10|Evil gaze, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    17|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+10|Trail of terror
    18|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+11|Bite 2d8, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 natural armor
    19|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+11|Superior frightful presence
    20|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+12|Growth, bite 3d6, +1 Str, +1 Cha |[/table]
    Skill Points at First Level: (2 + Int modifier) x4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.
    Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str).
    First off, lower the BAB to 3/4 HD. Very rarely should monstrous classes with no weapon training get full BAB, especially if it has Strength bonuses. Also, all the ability bonuses are a bit out of hand. Badgers are too, I'll probably bring them down, but Badgers don't get some of the powerful abilities adders get.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An adder is proficient with its bite attack. It cannot wield other weapons. It is not proficient with any armor.

You need an ability called Snake Body or something at first level that gives the adder's starting size, speed, etc. Its natural bite attack also goes in this ability. Instead of natural armor bonus above, have it gain natural armor bonus equal to its con modifier here.

Bite: An adder has a bite attack that deals 1d6 + 1 ½ Str modifier damage. The base damage increases to 1d8 at level 6, 1d12 at level 10, 2d6 at level 14, and 2d8 at level 18.
    As I said, this should go in the Body ability. Also, you should simply say that the bite damage increases with its size, since it does so anyway, rather than spell it out.

Poison: An adder’s bite is poisonous, with initial and secondary damage 1d6 Con. The damage increases to 2d6 Con at 7th level and 3d6 Con at 12th. The save DC to resist the adder’s poison is 10 + ½ the adder’s level + the adder’s Con modifier.
    Pretty good, buy I'd make the poison damage go d6->d8->2d6
    Stealthy: At 3rd level, an adder gains Stealthy as a bonus feat.
    Improved Grab: At 3th level, an adder gains the improved grab ability. When an adder hits an opponent of one or more size categories smaller with its bite attack, it can attempt to initiate a grapple as a free action.
    Good.
    Evil eye: An adder of 4th level or higher can use its evil eyes to hypnotize its prey. As a standard action, the adder can target its evil eye toward an opponent. The target must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the adder’s level + the adder’s Cha modifier) or be dazed as long as the adder concentrates on holding the gaze (a standard action). Opponents can avoid the adder’s evil eye just as they can avoid a gaze attack. The range of this ability is 5 feet per level of the adder.
    I'd bump this up a level, replacing fast movement, and put constrict here honestly.
    Fast Movement: At 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter, the adder gains a +10-ft bonus to its land speed.
    Probably not necessary.
    Growth: At 6th level, an adder’s size increases to Large. At 14th level, its size further increases to Huge. At 20th level, its size becomes Gargantuan.
    Good for now.
    Scent: At 7th level, an adder gains the Scent ability.
    Constrict: An adder of 8th level or higher deals bludgeoning damage equal to its bite damage with a successful grapple check.
    Throw swallow whole here instead of constrict.
    Frightful Presence: An adder of 9th level or higher is a fearsome sight to behold. Any creature near the adder must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the adder’s level + the adder’s Cha modifier) or become shaken for 2d6 rounds. The range of this ability is 10 feet per level of the adder. A creature that successfully saves against the frightful presence of an adder cannot be affected again by the same adder’s frightful presence for 24 hours.
    Nice idea copying the dragons frightful presence, this is the closest to a dragon, besides Deepcoiler and that lake monster, that Redwall has.
    Lingering Gaze: A victim of the evil eye of an 11th level or higher adder remains stunned for 1d6 rounds after the adder ceases concentration.
    I thought they were dazed? Either this needs to change to dazed, or it can improve to stunned, but the creature gets another will save each round.
    Camouflage: An adder of 13th level or higher can use the Hide skill in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain doesn’t grant cover or concealment.
    Hmmmm, I guess this works.
    Improved Frightful Presence: Creatures affected by the frightful presence of a 15th level or higher adder are frightened instead of shaken.
    Good.
    Evil gaze: At 16th level, the adder’s evil eye ability becomes a true gaze attack. Any creature within range of the adder’s evil eye that catches the adder’s eye is subject to the attack. The adder does not need to take an action.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure I like this. Adders still had to concentrate on a particular individual to mesmerize it.
    Trail of Terror: An adder of 17th level or higher leaves an aura of dread in its wake. A creature that approaches within 60 feet of a location in which the adder was present within the last 3 days must make a Will save (DC equals that of the adder’s frightful presence) or become shaken for as long as it remains within 60 feet of the adder’s trail, and 1d6 rounds thereafter.
    Great flavor
    Superior Frightful Presence: Creatures affected by the frightful presence of an adder of 19th level or higher become panicked. If the adder is aware of the creature’s presence, it can choose to stun the victim instead.
    Nice capstone.

Thoughts? Corrections? Suggestions?
    Good job Blue! Fix up some stuff, lower ability points gained, and this sucker's ready to roll! Or slither, as the case may be.

Edit: I just realized, the abilities would be fine if level one is Str+1, Con+1, then it alternates Str+1,Con+1,Cha+1 for the rest, and final level has Str+1, Con+1, and Cha+1.
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-01-14 at 01:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

*GASPSQUEEGLOMP*
    Seconded. xD

Just thinking... whoever is doing the bloodwrath class, maybe they should get frightful presence?

I need to buy the new books...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I don't need to buy any of the the new books except Long Patrol, Marlfox, Doomwyte and Sable Quean...
    FTFY

30. - Top - End - #90

I'd make "Searat" a set of Racial Substitution Levels for Rat Rogues. That way it can apply to low-level mooks in a way that a PrC can't.

Not sure what it would grant, other than trading Trapfinding for bonuses to Profession (sailor) and Use Rope and maybe Swim.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.