New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall Project (Now with 100% more badgers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    FTFY
    Only Doomwyte and Sable Queen count as new. xD I have/have read all the rest.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    I'd make "Searat" a set of Racial Substitution Levels for Rat Rogues. That way it can apply to low-level mooks in a way that a PrC can't.

Not sure what it would grant, other than trading Trapfinding for bonuses to Profession (sailor) and Use Rope and maybe Swim.
    That's actually a great idea, thanks!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

I've actually been working on something like this for a while, can I contribute?

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Kalusk View Post
    I've actually been working on something like this for a while, can I contribute?
    Of course! Whatcha got for me?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

eek Re: Redwall Project

Quote Originally Posted by The Mentalist View Post

Undying Enemy
    I'm taking you with me Badrang!
    Prerequisites: Sworn Enemy
    Benefits: When fighting your sworn enemy you do not fall unconcious until you've fallen to x10 your con mod in negative hit points
    How does this benefit work with the rules on death and dying? I'd rather see this as a +2 to the Fortitude saves whenever a character is disabled or dying.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall Project

Blood Berserker
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Blood Wrage 1/day, Wrath Feat, Friendly Fire 40
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Blood Wrage 2/day, +4 Con, Friendly Fire 35
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Blood Wrage 3/day, Diehard (Rage Only), Wrath Feat, Friendly Fire 30
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Blood Wrage 4/day, +4 Con, Friendly Fire 25
    5th|+5|+5|+1|+1|Blood Wrage 5/day, Improved Diehard, Wrath Feat, Friendly Fire 20
    [/table]

Prerequisites (Not necessary for Badgers):
    Favored Enemy, BaB +4.

Blood Wrage
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Blood Berserker can fly into Blood Wrage a certain number of times per day. In Blood Wrage, for every level he has in Blood Berserker, a Blood Berserker temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. While wraging, a Blood Berserker cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise. A fit of Blood Wrage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s Constitution modifier. A Blood Berserker may prematurely end his Blood Wrage. At the end of the Blood Wrage, the Blood Berserker loses the Blood Wrage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter. During Blood Wrage, any beast he attacks is treated as a Favored Enemy.

A Blood Berserker can fly into a Blood Wrage only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use his Blood Wrage ability once per day. Every level thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of 5 times per day at 5th level). Entering Blood Wrage takes no time itself, but a Blood Berserker can do it only during his action, not in response to someone else’s action.

Friendly Fire
    A Blood Berserker Has difficulty controlling himself in battle. If the Blood Berserker has allies within average movement distance of him, he must make a DC 40(-ranks in Concentration) Will Save. If he fails, he attacks his allies. The DC decreases by 5 each level.

Wrath Feats
    Wrathe Feats are only availible to the Blood Berserker while in Blood Wrage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, need help with these, too. Anything that came out of the book can work.

Know Your Friends
    Decrease Friendly Fire's DC by 10. Can be taken multiple times.

Undying Enemy
    If the Blood Berserker meets his Sworn Enemy in battle, he will not die until he reaches -20 Hit Points. If at level 5, Improved Diehard will take effect.

Death Attack
    The Blood Berserker chooses a target and declares Death Attack against it and makes an attack roll. If the attack hits, the targer must make a DC 15+(Blood Berserker's CON), or be slain immediately.

Frightful Presence
    (As Adder)

Improved Diehard
    The Bloodwrath allows a beast to live past the brink of death. If you are knocked down to -10 HP while in Blood Wrage, you may still make actions for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your Constitution Modifier, after which point, you die.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wrage. Please, make it rage. Please!

Also it has very few Prerequisites. Which may not be a bad thing but... IDK, it's maybe a bit too easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #98

Default Re: Redwall Project

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    How does this benefit work with the rules on death and dying? I'd rather see this as a +2 to the Fortitude saves whenever a character is disabled or dying.

Debby
    I'm not sure I agree with your fix, but I definitely think that the feat as-is is not a good idea. But I'm not too worried about feats right now, still need to finish races. I'm hoping I'll be able to make a breakthrough on this program that I'm writing, so that I'll have time to do more work on the races sunday.

Herpestidae: I'm not sure about this class :-/ Let's go through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Blood Berserker
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Blood Wrage 1/day, Wrath Feat, Friendly Fire 40
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Blood Wrage 2/day, +4 Con, Friendly Fire 35
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Blood Wrage 3/day, Diehard (Rage Only), Wrath Feat, Friendly Fire 30
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Blood Wrage 4/day, +4 Con, Friendly Fire 25
    5th|+5|+5|+1|+1|Blood Wrage 5/day, Improved Diehard, Wrath Feat, Friendly Fire 20
    [/table]
    First off, I agree with AtlanteanTroll, "Wrage" makes me twitch. Why is it not Wrath? Also, HD and skills are needed.
    Prerequisites (Not necessary for Badgers):
    Favored Enemy, BaB +4.
    Steeper prerequisites are needed, Bloodwrath isn't all that common that any 4th level fighter can take it. Also, just mentioning that the feats Mentalist proposed aren't finalized yet, so i wouldn't base anything off of them at the start.

Blood Wrage
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Blood Berserker can fly into Blood Wrage a certain number of times per day. In Blood Wrage, for every level he has in Blood Berserker, a Blood Berserker temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. While wraging, a Blood Berserker cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise. A fit of Blood Wrage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s Constitution modifier. A Blood Berserker may prematurely end his Blood Wrage. At the end of the Blood Wrage, the Blood Berserker loses the Blood Wrage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter. During Blood Wrage, any beast he attacks is treated as a Favored Enemy.

A Blood Berserker can fly into a Blood Wrage only once per encounter. At 1st level he can use his Blood Wrage ability once per day. Every level thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of 5 times per day at 5th level). Entering Blood Wrage takes no time itself, but a Blood Berserker can do it only during his action, not in response to someone else’s action.

So identical to Barbarian's rage, plus the favored enemy thing, and with less times per day? What reason is there not to just go Barbarian, and avoid the Friendly Fire clause? Uniqueness is needed.

Friendly Fire
    A Blood Berserker Has difficulty controlling himself in battle. If the Blood Berserker has allies within average movement distance of him, he must make a DC 40(-ranks in Concentration) Will Save. If he fails, he attacks his allies. The DC decreases by 5 each level.
    This mechanic is really awkward. He automatically attacks his allies if they're close, but what if an enemy is also close? Those in the Bloodwrath sometimes attack friends, sure, but they don't seek out friends to kill. Also, the DC calculation is pretty wonky.

Wrath Feats
    Wrathe Feats are only availible to the Blood Berserker while in Blood Wrage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, need help with these, too. Anything that came out of the book can work.

Know Your Friends
    Decrease Friendly Fire's DC by 10. Can be taken multiple times.

Undying Enemy
    If the Blood Berserker meets his Sworn Enemy in battle, he will not die until he reaches -20 Hit Points. If at level 5, Improved Diehard will take effect.
    This is the type of ability a Bloodwrath class needs, good. I may give badgers improved diehard, and badger lords get their current "diehard" albility mechanics.

Death Attack
    The Blood Berserker chooses a target and declares Death Attack against it and makes an attack roll. If the attack hits, the targer must make a DC 15+(Blood Berserker's CON), or be slain immediately.
    Woah, woah, woah! Slow down there man. Unlimited Death attacks are not the way to go here.

Frightful Presence
    (As Adder)
    "As Adder explains nothing, adders have several stages to their frightful presence.

Improved Diehard
    The Bloodwrath allows a beast to live past the brink of death. If you are knocked down to -10 HP while in Blood Wrage, you may still make actions for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your Constitution Modifier, after which point, you die.
    This is a good ability that I may give to badgers instead of their current mechanic.
    [COLOR="red"]
    This class, I feel, needs something to distinguish itself from Barbarian, if it's going to be made.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

The Long Patrol

Level Base
    Attack Bonus
    Saving Throws
    Special
    Fort
    Ref
    Will

1st +1 +2 +1 +0 +10 movement, Salamandastron Training +1, Fast
    2nd +2 +3 +2 +0 (Skirmish +1d6, +1 AC) Evasion, +1 Natural Armor
    3rd +3 +3 +2 +1 Bonus Feat: Improved Unarmed Strike, +4 to survival checks, Run
    4th +4 +4 +3 +1 Spring Attack, (Skirmish +2d6, +2 AC)
    5th +5 +4 +3 +2 Shot on the Run, Salamandastron Training +2, +10 movement, +2 Natural Armor
    6th +6/+1 +5 +4 +2 Parting Shot, Duck and Weave +3, (Skirmish +3d6, +3 AC)
    7th +7/+2 +5 +4 +3 +4 to survival checks and spot checks, Hop Like a Hare, Big Bones, +6 to Survival checks
    8th +8/+3 +6 +5 +3 Blood and Vinegar: +2 to saves, AC, hit, and 1 bonus attack, (Skirmish +4d6, +4 AC)
    9th +9/+4 +6 +5 +4 Salamandastron Training +3, +10 Movement, Eulailia 2/day base DC 15,
    10th +10/+5 +7 +6 +4 Duck and Weave +4, Veteran, (Skirmish +5d6, +5 AC) +3 Natural Armor, Braveheart
    11th +11/+6 +7 +6 +5 Trackless Step, +8 Survival checks
    12th +12/+7 +8 +7 +5 (Skirmish +6d6, +6 AC) Tis Death 1/day,
    13th +13/+8 +8 +7 +6 Duck and Weave +5, Eulailia 3/day base DC 17, Salamandastron Training +4, +10 movement
    14th +14/+9/+1 +9 +8 +6 (Skirmish +7d6, +7 AC) Duck and Weave +6, +4 Natural Armor
    15th +15/+10/+2 +9 +8 +7 Blood and Vinegar: +3 to saves, AC, hit, and 2 bonus attacks, Long Strider, +10 Survival checks
    16th +16/+11/+3 +10 +9 +7 (Skirmish +8d6. +8 AC) Salamandastron Training +4
    17th +17/+12/+4 +10 +9 +8 Duck and Weave +7, Eulailia 4/day base DC 19, +10 movement
    18th +18/+13/+5 +11 +10 +8 (Skirmish +9d6, +9 AC) +5 Natural Armor
    19th +19/+14/+6 +11 +10 +9 +12 Survival Checks
    20th +20/+15/+7 +12 +11 +9 (Skirmish +10d8, +11 AC) +10 movement
    The Long Patrol

Alignment: Any Hare
    Hit Die: d8
    Skill Ranks Per Level: 4+Intelligence Mod
    Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Perception, Sense Motive, Stealth, Survival, Swim
    Weapon Proficiencies: Javelins, Spears and Halberds, and Light Armor

1-Salamandastron Training: You are trained in the use of the Javelin, and gain bonuses to hit and to damage rolls while wielding it. It addition, in melee combat, you do not take penalties for wielding it. Members of the Long Patrol can also throw Javelins to a range of up to 30 feet. Additionally, the damage of javelins wielded by you increases to 2d6 at 9th level and 4d6 at 16th level, and the range on throwing javelins increases by 10 feet at 5th level, and 20 feet at 13th level
    Fast: The Long Patrol is disciplined and can go without food for long periods of time. You only need to eat and drink half as much as normal for your race, and can survive for twice as long without food, provided there is water.
    6-Duck and Weave: The long Patrol members begins to learn how to avoid his enemies blows, and gets a bonus against attack of opportunities. Additionally, there is a 10% chance of ranged attacks missing him/which improves to 20% at 10th level, and 30% at 14th level
    7-Hop like a Hare: Gain +10 on Acrobatics checks, and can take a 10 on Acrobatics checks as long as you are wearing light or no armor
    Big Bones: Gain +1 constitution, and deal unarmed damage as though you were 1 size category larger than you actually are.
    8-Blood and Vinegar: The Long Patrol are trained to always give a good account of themselves. When outnumbered, a member of the Long Patrol gains 10 temporary hit points, +2 AC, +2 to all saves, +2 to damage and to hit, and 1 extra attack at his highest attack bonus. When they outnumber the enemy, allies within 20 feet of the member of the Long Patrol gain +10 movement speed, +2 to damage and to hit, and enemies within 20 feet suffer -2 to hit and to damage and -2 on saving throws.
    9-Eulailia: Twice per day, You release the fearsome cry of Salamandastron. Enemies within 20 feet of you must succeed on a DC 15 + your long Patrol level will save or drop whatever weapons they are holding and begin fleeing. They retreat until they can’t see you. If that is impossible, they cower for 1d4 rounds, and can take no offensive actions. Enemies that have been subjected to Eulailia suffer a -2 penalty to damage AC and to hit against you for the remainder of the day. Enemies that successfully save against Eulailia are immune to it for 12 hours.
    10-Veteran: The Long Patrol member has survived many battles and gains +2 to one of the following stats: Dex, Con, Wis or Str, 3 permanent hit points, and +2 to hit and damage
    Braveheart: The Long Patrol Member is immune to fear affects.
    12-Tis Death: Once per day, you can utilize the utter fearlessness and courage that makes the long patrol so renowned. You gain a temporary bonus to AC and Damage equal to the number of enemies you are facing, or your Long Patrol levels, whichever is greater, gain DR 2/-, and you are immune death effects, or death from massive damage for the duration of the ability. If you are reduced between -1 or -9 hit points, you may continue to fight as though you were not disabled or dying. This ability lasts for 1d6 rounds + your con modifier. You may choose to end it voluntarily, but take a -2 to damage and to hit for 1 hour afterwards if you choose to do so. You may not retreat from enemies during the duration of this ability, and if you do, lose all abilities granted by Tis Death, and take a -2 to all checks for the remainder of the day. (note: retreat in this sense means flee the battle, not skirmish)
    15-Long Strider: You have become trained to run for hours on end, faster than most creatures can for short amounts of time. You are capable of running at 2x your normal speed for a number of hours equal to your Long Patrol level. Additionally, when you provoke an attack of opportunity by an opponent because of movement, you may make a counter-attack of opportunity. You can take a 10 on climb, Survival, Swim and Escape Artist checks even when threatened or hurried.

This was designed for Pathfinder, so its' understandably a little more powerful than 3.5. You can dice it up or whatever, since this seems like a good idea and no one is doing anything on it, just don't get all technical, as it's a little irritating, and no one wants to make things for someone who tells them they're ****.
    Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-17 at 04:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Formatting would be nice...
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A hare of any alignment can be in the Long Patrol? What?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Have you ever heard of an evil hare?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleepingDrag View Post
    Have you ever heard of an evil hare?
    No, but that's not the point. I think. If someone made an evil hare, which they can do if they want, they can have it be part of the Long Patrol.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

You sure man? I'm pretty sure that as long as its a hare, it doesn't matter
    Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-17 at 04:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Let's get this formatted for you, shall we?

The Long Patrol

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+1|+0|+10 movement, Salamandastron Training +1, Fast
    2nd|+2|+3|+2|+0|(Skirmish +1d6, +1 AC) Evasion, +1 Natural Armor
    3rd|+3|+3|+2|+1|Bonus Feat: Improved Unarmed Strike, +4 to survival checks, Run
    4th|+4|+4|+3|+1|Spring Attack, (Skirmish +2d6, +2 AC)
    5th|+5|+4|+3|+2 |Shot on the Run, Salamandastron Training +2, +10 movement, +2 Natural Armor
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+4|+2|Parting Shot, Duck and Weave +3, (Skirmish +3d6, +3 AC)
    7th|+7/+2|+5|+4 |+3|+4 to survival checks and spot checks, Hop Like a Hare, Big Bones, +6 to Survival checks
    8th|+8/+3|+6|+5|+3|Blood and Vinegar: +2 to saves, AC, hit, and 1 bonus attack, (Skirmish +4d6, +4 AC)
    9th|+9/+4|+6|+5 |+4|Salamandastron Training +3, +10 Movement, Eulailia 2/day base DC 15,
    10th|+10/+5|+7|+6|+4|Duck and Weave +4, Veteran, (Skirmish +5d6, +5 AC) +3 Natural Armor, Braveheart
    11th|+11/+6|+7|+6|+5|Trackless Step, +8 Survival checks
    12th|+12/+7|+8|+7|+5|(Skirmish +6d6, +6 AC) Tis Death 1/day,
    13th|+13/+8|+8|+7|+6|Duck and Weave +5, Eulailia 3/day base DC 17, Salamandastron Training +4, +10 movement
    14th|+14/+9/+1|+9|+8|+6|(Skirmish +7d6, +7 AC) Duck and Weave +6, +4 Natural Armor
    15th|+15/+10/+2|+9|+8|+7|Blood and Vinegar: +3 to saves, AC, hit, and 2 bonus attacks, Long Strider, +10 Survival checks
    16th|+16/+11/+3|+10|+9|+7|(Skirmish +8d6. +8 AC) Salamandastron Training +4
    17th|+17/+12/+4|+10|+9|+8|Duck and Weave +7, Eulailia 4/day base DC 19, +10 movement
    18th|+18/+13/+5|+11|+10|+8|(Skirmish +9d6, +9 AC) +5 Natural Armor
    19th|+19/+14/+6|+11|+10|+9|+12 Survival Checks
    20th|+20/+15/+7|+12|+11|+9|(Skirmish +10d8, +11 AC) +10 movement
    [/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Alignment: Any
    Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Perception, Sense Motive, Stealth, Survival, Swim

1-Salamandastron Training: You are trained in the use of the Javelin, and gain bonuses to hit and to damage rolls while wielding it. It addition, in melee combat, you do not take penalties for wielding it. Members of the Long Patrol can also throw Javelins to a range of up to 30 feet. Additionally, the damage of javelins wielded by you increases to 2d6 at 9th level and 4d6 at 16th level, and the range on throwing javelins increases by 10 feet at 5th level, and 20 feet at 13th level
    This needs to get scaled back a bit, but otherwise it seems fine.
    Fast: The Long Patrol is disciplined and can go without food for long periods of time. You only need to eat and drink half as much as normal for your race, and can survive for twice as long without food, provided there is water.
    I like this, it's a good flavor ability. As an addendum, this should also remove the hare's "Enormous appetite" racial ability.
    6-Duck and Weave: The long Patrol members begins to learn how to avoid his enemies blows, and gets a bonus against attack of opportunities. Additionally, there is a 10% chance of ranged attacks missing him/which improves to 20% at 10th level, and 30% at 14th level
    Ok, makes sense.
    7-Hop like a Hare: Gain +10 on Acrobatics checks, and can take a 10 on Acrobatics checks as long as you are wearing light or no armor
    Good ability
    Big Bones: Gain +1 constitution, and deal unarmed damage as though you were 1 size category larger than you actually are.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure about this one, not all hares are that good with their unarmed attacks.
    8-Blood and Vinegar: The Long Patrol are trained to always give a good account of themselves. When outnumbered, a member of the Long Patrol gains 10 temporary hit points, +2 AC, +2 to all saves, +2 to damage and to hit, and 1 extra attack at his highest attack bonus. When they outnumber the enemy, allies within 20 feet of the member of the Long Patrol gain +10 movement speed, +2 to damage and to hit, and enemies within 20 feet suffer -2 to hit and to damage and -2 on saving throws.
    I love this flavor, but the mechanics might need some toning down.
    9-Eulailia: Twice per day, You release the fearsome cry of Salamandastron. Enemies within 20 feet of you must succeed on a DC 15 + your long Patrol level will save or drop whatever weapons they are holding and begin fleeing. They retreat until they can’t see you. If that is impossible, they cower for 1d4 rounds, and can take no offensive actions. Enemies that have been subjected to Eulailia suffer a -2 penalty to damage AC and to hit against you for the remainder of the day. Enemies that successfully save against Eulailia are immune to it for 12 hours.
    I'd rather is Eulailia gave bonuses to your allies than made your enemies afraid.
    10-Veteran: The Long Patrol member has survived many battles and gains +2 to one of the following stats: Dex, Con, Wis or Str, 3 permanent hit points, and +2 to hit and damage
    Hmmm, this is probably too much.
    Sounds fine
    12-Tis Death: Once per day, you can utilize the utter fearlessness and courage that makes the long patrol so renowned. You gain a temporary bonus to AC and Damage equal to the number of enemies you are facing, or your Long Patrol levels, whichever is greater, gain DR 2/-, and you are immune death effects, or death from massive damage for the duration of the ability. If you are reduced between -1 or -9 hit points, you may continue to fight as though you were not disabled or dying. This ability lasts for 1d6 rounds + your con modifier. You may choose to end it voluntarily, but take a -2 to damage and to hit for 1 hour afterwards if you choose to do so. You may not retreat from enemies during the duration of this ability, and if you do, lose all abilities granted by Tis Death, and take a -2 to all checks for the remainder of the day. (note: retreat in this sense means flee the battle, not skirmish)
    Last stand type ability is good
    15-Long Strider: You have become trained to run for hours on end, faster than most creatures can for short amounts of time. You are capable of running at 2x your normal speed for a number of hours equal to your Long Patrol level. Additionally, when you provoke an attack of opportunity by an opponent because of movement, you may make a counter-attack of opportunity. You can take a 10 on climb, Survival, Swim and Escape Artist checks even when threatened or hurried.

I need to go through this more thoroughly since not all of the abilities gained are in the stat block, but I'm running out of time. I was going to make Long Patrol Hare a ten level PrC, and while I like this class, it does need some toning down, there are several levels with too many class features gained. I may be convinced that Long Patrol Hare could be a base, rather than prestige, class.

This was designed for Pathfinder, so its' understandably a little more powerful than 3.5. You can dice it up or whatever, since this seems like a good idea and no one is doing anything on it, just don't get all technical, as it's a little irritating, and no one wants to make things for someone who tells them they're ****.
    Thanks for contributing it! I'm not sure what you mean by "all technical," I'm not trying to tell anyone their creations suck

I agree that there can be evil hares in the Long Patrol.
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-01-17 at 04:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleepingDrag View Post
    You sure man? I'm pretty sure that as long as its a hare, it doesn't matter
    Well, I'm not Anti, but I'm pretty sure a Badger Lord wouldn't have Evil Hares in his ranks.

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Well, I'm not Anti, but I'm pretty sure a Badger Lord wouldn't have Evil Hares in his ranks.
    A hare can be evil and still act "good" to fit in. Just not care about others, only look out for themselves, etc.
    Plus, what about hares who leave the Long Patrol?
    I feel like alignment restrictions are almost always a bad plan. Why not have a chaotic monk, or an evil paladin who trains to kill others like him and further his position?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    A hare can be evil and still act "good" to fit in. Just not care about others, only look out for themselves, etc.
    Plus, what about hares who leave the Long Patrol?
    I feel like alignment restrictions are almost always a bad plan. Why not have a chaotic monk, or an evil paladin who trains to kill others like him and further his position?
    IDK, that's why I mess with those classes. I think a Double Axis restrcition is too harsh, but Always Good or w/e is fine. But you're the boss, Boss.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Hooray! I'm not alone!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Level Base
    Attack Bonus
    Saving Throws
    Special
    Fort
    Ref
    Will

{table]1st|+1|+2|+1|+0|+10 movement, Salamandastron Training +1, Fast
    2nd|+2|+3|+2|+0|(Skirmish +1d6) Uncanny Dodge
    3rd|+3|+3|+2|+1|Bonus Feat: Improved Unarmed Strike, +4 to survival checks, Run
    4th|+4|+4|+3|+1|Spring Attack, (Skirmish +2d6, +1 AC)
    5th|+5|+4|+3|+2|Replacement Feat: Shot on the Run, Salamandastron Training +2,
    6th|+6/+1|+5|+4|+2|Parting Shot, Duck and Weave +3, (Skirmish +3d6, +2 AC)
    7th|+7/+2|+5|+4|+3|+4 to survival checks and spot checks, Hop Like a Hare, Big Bones, +6 to Survival checks, +10 movement speed
    8th|+8/+3|+6|+5|+3|Blood and Vinegar: +2 to saves, AC, hit, and 1 bonus attack, (Skirmish +4d6, +3 AC)
    9th|+9/+4|+6|+5|+4|Salamandastron Training +3, +10 Movement, Eulailia 2/day base DC 15,
    10th|+10/+5|+7|+6|+4|Duck and Weave +4, Veteran, (Skirmish +5d6, +4 AC) Braveheart
    11th|+11/+6|+7|+6|+5|Trackless Step, +8 Survival checks
    12th|+12/+7|+8|+7|+5|(Skirmish +6d6, +5 AC) Tis Death 1/day,
    13th|+13/+8|+8|+7|+6|Duck and Weave +5, Eulailia 3/day base DC 17, Salamandastron Training +4, +10 movement
    14th|+14/+9/+1|+9|+8|+6 |(Skirmish +7d6, +6 AC) Duck and Weave +6,
    15th|+15/+10/+2|+9|+8|+7|Blood and Vinegar: +3 to saves, AC, hit, and 2 bonus attacks, Long Strider, +10 Survival checks
    16th|+16/+11/+3|+10|+9|+7|(Skirmish +8d6. +7 AC) Salamandastron Training +4
    17th|+17/+12/+4|+10|+9|+8|Duck and Weave +7, Eulailia 4/day base DC 19, +10 movement
    18th|+18/+13/+5|+11|+10|+8|(Skirmish +9d6, +8 AC)
    19th|+19/+14/+6|+11|+10|+9|+12 Survival Checks
    20th|+20/+15/+7|+12|+11|+9|(Skirmish +10d8, +9 AC) +10 movement [/table]
    The Long Patrol

Removed natural armor, and fixed skirmish so its more true to scout class. Fixing abilities

Alignment: Any

1-Salamandastron Training: You are trained in the use of the Javelin, and gain bonuses to hit and to damage rolls while wielding it. It addition, in melee combat, you do not take penalties for wielding it. Members of the Long Patrol can also throw Javelins to a range of up to 30 feet.
    8-Blood and Vinegar: The Long Patrol are trained to always give a good account of themselves. When outnumbered, a member of the Long Patrol gains 10 temporary hit points, +2 AC, +2 to all saves, +2 to damage and to hit, and 1 extra attack at his highest attack bonus. When you and your allies outnumber the enemy, allies within 20 feet of the member of the Long Patrol gain +10 movement speed, +2 to damage and to hit, and enemies within 20 feet suffer -2 to hit and to damage and -2 on saving throws.
    9-Eulailia: Twice per day, You release the fearsome cry of Salamandastron. Enemies within 20 feet of you must succeed on a DC 15 + your long Patrol level will save or drop whatever weapons they are holding and begin fleeing. They retreat until they can’t see you. If that is impossible, they cower for 1d4 rounds, and can take no offensive actions. Enemies that have been subjected to Eulailia suffer a -2 penalty to damage, AC, and to hit against you for the remainder of the day. Enemies that successfully save against Eulailia are immune to it for 12 hours.
    10-Veteran: The Long Patrol member has survived many battles and gains +1 natural armor, a permanent+1 to dex, con, str or wis, and a bonus feat
    Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-27 at 01:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

{table]1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5[/table]

Gives you

{table]1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5
    1|2|3|4|5[/table]

Also, Bloodwrath as Class was a BAAAAD Idea. I guess, then, that it could be a template, just like there's a Half-dragon and half-ogre template.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2011-01-21 at 10:37 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Of course! Whatcha got for me?
    Give me a bit. I'll bring up a few class ideas that I've been working on.

Also been working on several of the reptilian races.

23. - Top - End - #113

Give me a bit. I'll bring up a few class ideas that I've been working on.

Also been working on several of the reptilian races.
    Good, I've been sick this last week and that combinned with work has made homebrewing hard. This project is far from abandoned though, I'm slowly tweaking monster classes.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

I disagree with you that Shrews are weak. In fact, they are often shown to be stronger than Mice, despite their smaller size. I would decrease the Wis and/or Cha or both, rather than Str.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Excellent, sounds good!

By the way, you might be interested in this.

http://redwall-animation.deviantart.com/

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    I disagree with you that Shrews are weak. In fact, they are often shown to be stronger than Mice, despite their smaller size. I would decrease the Wis and/or Cha or both, rather than Str.
    Hmmm, are they? I don't think, as a race, that they're stronger than mice. A couple individuals maybe, but an average shrew compared to an average mouse?
    Feel free to try to convince me though, I welcome the critique

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Was "Redwaller" marked as a prestige class?

28. - Top - End - #118

Was "Redwaller" marked as a prestige class?
    I currently have them as Abbey-Dweller. Do you have ideas for them? The main thing I have written down in my notes is "Gets Heroes' Feast as an SLA somehow."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I currently have them as Abbey-Dweller. Do you have ideas for them? The main thing I have written down in my notes is "Gets Heroes' Feast as an SLA somehow."
    Something where they can take an option to take people alive. Oh, and sub-dual damage.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

I was thinking significant crafting bonuses and feats. And the "educated" feat, as well.