New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Redwall Project (Now with 100% more badgers!)

Lizard
    -+2 str, +2 dex, -2 wis, -2 con
    -Lizards are strong and agile, but lack the common sense and courage of most creatures
    -Medium Creature
    -Base Land of 30 feet, Burrow speed of 20 feet
    -Darkvision 30 ft
    -2 claw attacks, 1d4
    -+1 natural armor
    -Tail Diversion-1/week, a lizard can drop its tail, which begins wriggling wildly. All enemies within 5 feet of the lizard must succed on a dc 15 will save or attack the tail, and ignore the lizard for 1d4 rounds, not taking advantage of any attacks of oppertunity they might have. If the lizard attacks them, this affect ends immediately
    LA +1

Lizard Feats

Fightening Frill
    Prerequisites: Lizard
    Affect-You grow a large, brightly colored frill around your neck. You gain a passive +2 to Intimidation checks, additionally, enemies within 10 feet of you must succeed on a DC 10 + your level, or be shaken for as long as they remain within 10 feet of you. Enemies that succeed on this check are immune to the abilties of your frightening frill for 12 hours

Large Talons
    Affect: Your claws are unusually large for one of your race. You deal 1d6 instead of 1d4, and gain a +1 to hit when you use them.

Blood of the Moniter
    Prerequisites: Lizard, level 3
    Affect: You have the blood of the powerful moniters from the far southern seas in your veins, and are stronger than normal. You become a large creature, with all the penalties and bonuses that incurs, and gain +1 to str or con. Additionally, you gain a bite attack as normal as a creature of your size

Deadly Bite
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Blood of the Moniter, base attack bonus +6
    Affect: Your jaws grow stronger, dealing 1d8. Additionally, any enemy bitten by you must suceed on a dc fort save equal to 15 + your level, or become infected with Moniter Rot. Any enemy affected by Moniter Rot takes -1 to all attack and damage rolls, and -1 to all saves. There is a 50% chance that a creature affected by Moniter Rot will catch another disease within 48 hours. It can be cured by a heal check equal to the dc of the check the afflicted creature failed.

Horny Hide
    Prerequisites: Lizard, 3 Hd or more
    Affect: You gain an additional +1 natural armor. Additionally, Any creatures attempting to grapple you or touch you, except another lizard, takes 1d6 damage.

Large Tail
    Affect: You gain a natural tail attack for 1d6. Additionally, the dc on your dropping tail becomes 18, and last for an additional round
    Jagged Scales
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Horny Hide, 8 hd or more
    Affect: You gain +6 to escape artist checks, and fast healing 1

Horntoad
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Horny Hide, 5 hd or more
    Affect: You gain +4 on hide checks, and 1/day can shoot blood from your eyes. This counts as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. Any opponent hit by it must succeed on a dc 17 fort save or be blinded for 1d4+your con modifier rounds.

Greenscale
    Prerequisites:Lizard
    Affect: Your scales become a brilliant shade of green. You gain a +2 on climb and balance checks

Gray Scale
    Affect: Your scales become a dull shade of gray. You gain a +2 on hide and move silently checks

Heat Sensors
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Base attack bonus +6
    Affect: Your darkvision increases to 60 feet, and you gain blindsense 30 feet.

Scion of the Lizardking
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Moniter Blood, and any 2 other lizard feats, Base attack bonus +8
    Affect: You are a powerful creature among your people. You gain a +4 on intimidate, climb, balance, move silently and escape artist. The dc for your tail becomes 20 for 1d6 rounds, you gain an additional hit die, and an additional +1 natural armor. You also develope a distinctive marking, whether it be an unusual coloration, sound, or other such things. You gain an additional +2 to bluff, diplomacy and intimidate when dealing with other lizards.
    Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-27 at 05:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think they oughta get -con...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Sparra
    +2 Dex, -2 Cha
    -Sparra are quick and agile, but they are uncouth, and their language is difficult to understand
    -Fly speed of 40 feet (good)
    -Medium creatures
    -2 claw attacks for 1d6, and a peck attack for 1d8
    -+2 to survival checks
    -Agile-While flying, Sparra gain +2 AC against ranged attacks
    LA +1
    Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-27 at 05:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems a bit too powerful.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think a bonus to AC against ranged attacks is a much simpler and fairer solution than a percentage based attack negation for the Long Patrol and Sparra. Then again, I haven't read Redwall, but I doubt the author said that "The Long Patrol could dodge roughly 10% of the enemy's fire; particularly experienced ones could dodge 20%!"

In addition, you said they get a bonus against attacks of opportunity. You did not state that bonus. I recommend that it is the same propsed bonus to AC that they get against ranged weapons.

+2/+4/+6 seems like a good progression for the AC bonus.

The skirmish scaling also seems incredibly fast compared to the scout class. The scout class progresses, IIRC, like (+1d6, 0 AC), (+1d6, 1 AC), (+2d6, 1 AC)... and so on.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2011-01-27 at 02:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Definitely lookin' forward to when this is all complete.

Once you've got it to a playable amount, my local group might just run this, and I'll definitely make sure to give plenty of feedback if we do. :D

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lizard? Dont they get some better classification in the books?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Lizard? Dont they get some better classification in the books?
    There were some frilled lizards. That's about it.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Scourge
    Prerequisites: Rat, Base Attack Bonus +7,
    Special: Must have killed a creature of equal power in single combat
    Hit Die: d8

Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-27 at 06:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleepingDrag View Post
    Scourge
    Prerequisites: Rat, Base Attack Bonus +7,
    Special: Must have killed a creature of equal power in single combat
    Hit Die: d8
    So this is for Cluny alone? There haven't been any other Scourges in the books, have there?
    Maybe it'll be better as a generic Warlord class, with some of Cluny's unique abilities as special feats.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

11. - Top - End - #131

Wow SleepingDrag, you're dropping a lot of stuff for me to go through, nice work! I'll get some words in on my thoughts when I get done with classes tonight. Off the bat though, I was planning on doing a number of lizard races, rather than a single typical one.

12. - Top - End - #132

It looks like we have some interesting stuff as far as classes, animals etc. I actually was thinking something like this would be really cool as well. However, I don't see any stats for specific heros or villains. I was thinking about taking a specific Redwall story and having the PCs alter it. I can kindof see how "Scourge", etc, are based off of prexisting characters, but how about the characters themselves? That would be cool I think. (BTW, Badrang should be able to destroy Cluny stat wise LOL)
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Kudos on attempting a job this large
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Says the president of America to that of Norway.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    It looks like we have some interesting stuff as far as classes, animals etc. I actually was thinking something like this would be really cool as well. However, I don't see any stats for specific heros or villains. I was thinking about taking a specific Redwall story and having the PCs alter it. I can kindof see how "Scourge", etc, are based off of prexisting characters, but how about the characters themselves? That would be cool I think. (BTW, Badrang should be able to destroy Cluny stat wise LOL)
    I have no plans to make stats for heroes/villains, especially not without first laying out the frame for everything w/ races, classes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Thanks, hopefully my luck will come 'round and I'll have a easy load next week to do some updating.

Sparra
    +2 Dex, -2 Cha
    -Sparra are quick and agile, but they are uncouth, and their language is difficult to understand
    -Fly speed of 40 feet (good)
    -Medium creatures
    -2 claw attacks for 1d6, and a peck attack for 1d8
    -+2 to survival checks
    -Agile-While flying, Sparra gain +2 AC against ranged attacks
    LA +1
    I would really prefer the sparra, and everything in the world, to have a monster class progression rather than an LA. LA always seems a waste to me. That said, let's examine the spara. Aren't they of similar size to a mouse, and therefore small? They need a landspeed too, probably 10', and I'd make the flight, and their maneuverability, be based on HD. Other than that, a good start. I like the Agile ability.

Lizard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizard
    -+2 str, +2 dex, -2 wis, -2 con
    -Lizards are strong and agile, but lack the common sense and courage of most creatures
    -Medium Creature
    -Base Land of 30 feet, Burrow speed of 20 feet
    -Darkvision 30 ft
    -2 claw attacks, 1d4
    -+1 natural armor
    -Tail Diversion-1/week, a lizard can drop its tail, which begins wriggling wildly. All enemies within 5 feet of the lizard must succed on a dc 15 will save or attack the tail, and ignore the lizard for 1d4 rounds, not taking advantage of any attacks of oppertunity they might have. If the lizard attacks them, this affect ends immediately
    LA +1

Like I said, I really prefer monster classes to LA races. That brings up another point though; there were several lizards in the books, I have some listed in the Reptiles section, and most of them were rather weak individuals. Monitor lizards are definitely a monster class race, but newts? Frilled lizards? I don't see something this specific covering all of the lizards out there. I like the Tail Diversion ability a lot though, nice touch.

Lizard Feats

Fightening Frill
    Affect-You grow a large, brightly colored frill around your neck. You gain a passive +2 to Intimidation checks, additionally, enemies within 10 feet of you must succeed on a DC 10 + your level, or be shaken for as long as they remain within 10 feet of you. Enemies that succeed on this check are immune to the abilties of your frightening frill for 12 hours
    Interesting way to go about the frills, but was anyone ever frightened by the frilled lizards?

Large Talons
    Affect: Your claws are unusually large for one of your race. You deal 1d6 instead of 1d4, and gain a +1 to hit when you use them.
    Standard feat, good.

Blood of the Moniter
    Prerequisites: Lizard, level 3
    Affect: You have the blood of the powerful moniters from the far southern seas in your veins, and are stronger than normal. You become a large creature, with all the penalties and bonuses that incurs, and gain +1 to str or con. Additionally, you gain a bite attack as normal as a creature of your size
    I'm not sure if this meshes well with the Redwall world. The only hybrids we ever see are the wearets. I like the idea, and normally it'd work fine, but I'm not sure if it works in Redwall. Thoughts?

Deadly Bite
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Blood of the Moniter, base attack bonus +6
    Affect: Your jaws grow stronger, dealing 1d8. Additionally, any enemy bitten by you must suceed on a dc fort save equal to 15 + your level, or become infected with Moniter Rot. Any enemy affected by Moniter Rot takes -1 to all attack and damage rolls, and -1 to all saves. There is a 50% chance that a creature affected by Moniter Rot will catch another disease within 48 hours. It can be cured by a heal check equal to the dc of the check the afflicted creature failed.
    Like I said above, this is great flavor, and I want to use it, but did monitor lizards even have a diseased bite? It'd make sense to give them one, of course, to make them mesh better with 3.5. But I run up against the staying faithful to the books problem.

Horny Hide
    Prerequisites: Lizard, 3 Hd or more
    Affect: You gain an additional +1 natural armor. Additionally, Any creatures attempting to grapple you or touch you, except another lizard, takes 1d6 damage.
    I like this one, nothing wrong with it!

Large Tail
    Affect: You gain a natural tail attack for 1d6. Additionally, the dc on your dropping tail becomes 18, and last for an additional round
    Jagged Scales
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Horny Hide, 8 hd or more
    Affect: You gain +6 to escape artist checks, and fast healing 1
    Another solid feat

Horntoad
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Horny Hide, 5 hd or more
    Affect: You gain +4 on hide checks, and 1/day can shoot blood from your eyes. This counts as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. Any opponent hit by it must succeed on a dc 17 fort save or be blinded for 1d4+your con modifier rounds.
    Ranging into non-canon ground again, but if monitors can have a diseased mouth, there's no reason a rare horned toad from the far south could show up. All of the Redwall creatures are meant to be native to England, however.

Greenscale
    Prerequisites:Lizard
    Affect: Your scales become a brilliant shade of green. You gain a +2 on climb and balance checks
    Eh, +2/+2 skill feats aren't really that interesting. Maybe giving a slow climb speed instead?

Gray Scale
    Affect: Your scales become a dull shade of gray. You gain a +2 on hide and move silently checks

Heat Sensors
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Base attack bonus +6
    Affect: Your darkvision increases to 60 feet, and you gain blindsense 30 feet.
    I think I remember blind lizards in a cave, this would work for them

Scion of the Lizardking
    Prerequisites: Lizard, Moniter Blood, and any 2 other lizard feats, Base attack bonus +8
    Affect: You are a powerful creature among your people. You gain a +4 on intimidate, climb, balance, move silently and escape artist. The dc for your tail becomes 20 for 1d6 rounds, you gain an additional hit die, and an additional +1 natural armor. You also develope a distinctive marking, whether it be an unusual coloration, sound, or other such things. You gain an additional +2 to bluff, diplomacy and intimidate when dealing with other lizards.

Thanks for the posts SleepingDrag, even if I sounded a bit down on them. I really appreciate what you've posted so far, and it's going into my notes on what this is eventually going to become. If I wasn't trying to stick as close to Redwall canon as I can for the start, the lizard feats would be an awesome idea, with the Scion feat an eventual goal for most lizards. But I think some of them might need to be reworked, or wait to be added on later in the project if it branches out into non-canon ideas. Keep 'em coming though!
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-01-28 at 06:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    If I wasn't trying to stick as close to Redwall cannon as I can for the start,
    (twitch)
    (twitchtwitch)
    (twitchtwitchtwitch)
    Canon.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

The Taggerung
    Prerequisites: Must have spent at least one year in the wild/or with a savage people, Base attack Bonus +6, Survival +8

{table]1st|+1|+0|+2|+1|Bonus Feat: Improved Toughness, +2 on hide and survival checks
    2nd|+2|+0|+3|+2| Favored Enemy 1d6, Strength of the Taggerung +1
    3rd|+3|+1|+4|+3| Massive Weapon, +3 on hide and survival checks
    4th|+4|+1|+5|+3| Savage 1/day, Mark of the Taggerung
    5th|+5/+1|+2|+6|+4| Favored Enemy 2d6, Strength of the Taggerung +2
    6th|+6/+2|+2|+7|+4| +4 on hide and survival checks, +10 movement
    7th|+7/+3|+3|+8|+5| Savage 2/day, Mark of the Taggerung
    8th|+8/+4|+3|+9|+5| Favored Enemy 3d6, Strength of the Taggerung +3
    9th|+9/+5|+4|+10|+6| +5 on hide and survival checks, Mark of the Taggerung
    10|+10/+6/+1|+4|+11|+6| Grim Determination, Savage 3/day [/table]

Abilities
    2: Strength of the Taggerung-You gain a bonus to strength or dexterity
    -Favored Enemy-*As ranger
    3: Massive Weapon-You may weild weapons one size larger than you would normally be able to weild
    4: Savage-Taggerung are savage fighters. When damaged for the first time in a battle, a Taggerung enters a type of rage. They gain +2 to constitution, dexterity, and strength and dr 1/-, but take a -2 to wisdom, int, and cha. You cannot use skills that require int, cha, or wis while savage. You are savage for 1d6 rounds, but are fatigued afterwards
    At level 7, you are not fatigued afterwards.
    At level 10, you gain +3 to con, str, and dex, and dr 2/-
    Mark of the Taggerung-As a taggerung, you are festooned with tattoos, and markings. Some of these hold strange powers. You cannot take the same one twice
    -Mark of Vermin Fear: Whenever you encounter and have dealings with vermin, they take a -2 on bluff, attack and damage rolls.
    -Mark of the Shade: You gain a +4 on survival, hide, and move silently checks
    -Mark of the Wind-You gain +10 movement
    -Mark of the Eel-You gain a +8 on escape artist checks, and are not encumbered by walking over marshy terrain
    -Mark of the Walking Stone-You gain +2 to constitution, and +1 natural armor
    -Mark of the Poisonteeth-You are immune to poison. In addition, when using poison, you never risk accidentally poisoning yourself
    -Mark of the Wanderer-You can understand and speak any language, and gain a +4 on diplomacy checks
    -Mark of Foebane-When facing your favored enemy, you deal an additional hit die of damage, and gain +1 to all saves against them
    -Mark of Fury-When Savage, you gain an additional +2 to dexterity and strength, and stay savage for an additional round
    -Mark of Earth-You need eat and drink only 1/week
    -Mark of Battle-When using your massive weapon, you gain an inherent +2 to hit and damage
    -Mark of Resilience-When in battle, you gain fast healing 1
    -Mark of the River-You gain swim speed equal to your landspeed, and +4 to all swim checks.
    -Mark of the Eagle-You gain +2 dexterity, and gain +6 on all spot checks
    -Mark of the Owl-You gain darkvision 60 feet, and +6 to all spot checks
    10: Grim Determination-When facing your favored enemy, you gain crit chance 16-20 with all weapons you use against them. Additionally, if you would sustain damage that would kill you, you remain alive for a number of rounds equal to your strength modifier. At the end of that time, you fall unconscious
    Last edited by TheSleepingDrag; 2011-01-28 at 12:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

When do you choose?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

each level you get it, you decide whether you get dex or str

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You get a Strength or Dexterity Bonus at every level???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

21. - Top - End - #141

Each level where you get the Strength of the Taggerung ability.

There totally needs to be a bard-like class for Redwall. Can't have Slagar, Laterose, or Tarquin without it.

Love wins. S'agapo.

22. - Top - End - #142

Why not just play a bard?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Why not just play a bard?
    Well, some of the bard's abilities and spells may need to be altered a bit, wot?

Love wins. S'agapo.

24. - Top - End - #144

The Taggerung
    Prerequisites: Must have spent at least one year in the wild/or with a savage people, Base attack Bonus +6, Survival +8

{table]1st|+1|+0|+2|+1|Bonus Feat: Improved Toughness, +2 on hide and survival checks

Abilities
    3: Massive Weapon-You may weild weapons one size larger than you would normally be able to weild
    4: Savage-Taggerung are savage fighters. When damaged for the first time in a battle, a Taggerung enters a type of rage. They gain +2 to constitution, dexterity, and strength and dr 1/-, but take a -2 to wisdom, int, and cha. You cannot use skills that require int, cha, or wis while savage. You are savage for 1d6 rounds, but are fatigued afterwards
    Mark of the Taggerung-As a taggerung, you are festooned with tattoos, and markings. Some of these hold strange powers. You cannot take the same one twice
    -Mark of Vermin Fear: Whenever you encounter and have dealings with vermin, they take a -2 on bluff, attack and damage rolls.
    -Mark of the Eel-You gain a +8 on escape artist checks, and are not encumbered by walking over marshy terrain
    -Mark of the Poisonteeth-You are immune to poison. In addition, when using poison, you never risk accidentally poisoning yourself
    -Mark of the Wanderer-You can understand and speak any language, and gain a +4 on diplomacy checks
    -Mark of Foebane-When facing your favored enemy, you deal an additional hit die of damage, and gain +1 to all saves against them
    -Mark of Fury-When Savage, you gain an additional +2 to dexterity and strength, and stay savage for an additional round
    -Mark of Battle-When using your massive weapon, you gain an inherent +2 to hit and damage
    -Mark of the River-You gain swim speed equal to your landspeed, and +4 to all swim checks.
    10: Grim Determination-When facing your favored enemy, you gain crit chance 16-20 with all weapons you use against them. Additionally, if you would sustain damage that would kill you, you remain alive for a number of rounds equal to your strength modifier. At the end of that time, you fall unconscious
    This is a great first go at this PrC! I like Savage, but I think it needs a bit more limitation. Perhaps not after first damage, but a percentage? The Marks are a cool idea, and most of them look great. Grim Determination needs some fiddling with regards to 16-20 crit, what if they already have improved critical?

It looks like he only gets 3, not every level...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Each level where you get the Strength of the Taggerung ability.

There totally needs to be a bard-like class for Redwall. Can't have Slagar, Laterose, or Tarquin without it.
    Thank you for pointing out that I forgot to add that to the list of classes to redo. Dunno what I was thinking. Do you think I should go for a martial bard adaptation, or a sneaky bard adaptation?

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    Thank you for pointing out that I forgot to add that to the list of classes to redo. Dunno what I was thinking. Do you think I should go for a martial bard adaptation, or a sneaky bard adaptation?
    Most of the bardic characters seem to be more of the sneaky type, but either could work.

Love wins. S'agapo.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

The Taggerung

Abilities
    Ha! Imagine a hare with the "Mark of the Earth" tattoo!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Glad you guys like it. The taggerung reminded me of tatooed monk and all that, I just changed the tats a little. I thought it was an example of kind've 'inherent magic'
    I'm heavily considering treating birds, (and the deepcoiler and the like) like dragons, because then you can have people fighting lower level creatures that are still a challenge, and I mean, birds are probably the most dangerous creatures in the entire series, and there are a lot of similarities that you can milk. (thus far, only 1 has been killed, an owl, and then only by poison, because he epically failed trying to kill the viper) This could also be a reason for getting sentient mounts or having a hawk, raven, eagle or owl rider prC. Also, there should be a few templates to add to monsters, like the 'Scion' template, speaking of a particularly large, strong or otherwise unusual creature, or the 'legendary' template, where the creature has simply lived for so long that it gains infamy, size and strength. That would be badass, a deepcoiler rider prestige class! A few other template ideas:
    Swampblood: A creature that doesn't usually live in a swamp does, (or is forced too, think the Gloomer) Lose charisma, and int, but get stronger, hardier, more agile, ect
    Benevolent Patron-For larger, sentient monsters. Lesser creatures can go to them, and they both gain benefits by doing deals and such. (like Baliss the viper from Deathwyte, That owl from MTW, or Rulango the heron for OLB)
    Pampered-The creature has been raised by someone, and has always had a lot of food to eat, and been taught how to fight ect, which can be done in a mean or good way. (the dirgecallers, sort've the pike, the scorpion) kind've like an animal companion.
    Deformed-A minus and bonus
    Long Life-Lives much longer than normal, is hardier too
    Alpine-Creature has adapted to mountain living
    Desert-Creature has adapted to desert living
    Pestilential-Creature if affected with a malevolent disease (the stoat in Salamandastron and dryditch fever) They only have a short life, but might gain a few small bonuses. The disease might actually control them?
    Two heads-This occurs rarely in nature, but could be interesting (and I know you're trying to stick to the canon)
    Prophecy-There was a prophecy about this creature, and it has certain powers to help it best accomplish whatever the prophecy was about. (for example: a prophesied adder who the protagonist might need to kill. The adder was prophesied to kill a badger, and so it has venom that is 2x as deadly, longer fangs, and when it attacks a badger, it acts like a bane weapon, with DR 5/-. However, it was also prophesied that a rat would kill it, so it has weakness to attacks from rats, and possibly even is afraid of them. Examples might be : Cluny (insanely badass, hard to kill, but frightened of martin, and of mathias, has nightmares ect)

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Would it make sense to give shrews, or maybe just the Gousim, bonuses to certain skills when working in a group or aided by another? Just food for thought.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

hey I just finished doing this very same thing, with mammals, birds reptiles and a few amphibians. If you want to have a look at what I have let me know.

30. - Top - End - #150

OK, this may be somewhat opinionated, and I have only seen the series (Maybe there are book characters I am not aware of), but how do rats get +2 to Con and Stoats don't? Honestly, (yes this is very opinionated), I think Badrang, at least in the way he was in the series, could totally destroy Cluny in any stat, and certainly Con among them.

EDIT: I see everyone else is making significant contributions and I am just asking questions. I hope I am not in the way, am I?
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-02-01 at 10:27 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time