New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Easy:
    1:Swashbuckler 1; Able Learner, Combat Reflexes
    2:Swashbuckler 2
    3:Swashbuckler 3; Combat Tactician (Pretty much just flavor, but it could be nice)
    4:Barbarian 1 (Ferocity Variant)
    5:Barbarian 2
    6:Chameleon 1;Improved Initiative
    7:Chameleon 2
    8:Chameleon 3
    9:Chameleon 4;Quick Reconnoiter
    10:Chameleon 5
    11:Chameleon 6
    12:Chameleon 7;Quicken Spell

Str:11
    Dex:16
    Con:10
    Int:18+2
    Wis:14+1
    Cha:8

The Feats might need some tweaking and the lead ins may not float your boat, but the point is the Chameleon levels. Be sure to get seven of those. You'll have up to 5th level of both Arcane and Divine Spells available should you want them.

[Edit:]If you really want Spellthief, check out this thread. It'll pretty much sum things up for you. Your best bet there is just straight Spellthief. This might also be helpful, but it's a bit cumbersome.
    Last edited by Dr. Weasel; 2007-09-24 at 08:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

1. Which of the above are you asking for? I need a new character at Level 4 with some basic idea of where I should progress from there

a. If it’s the third one please provide the vital stats of your current character. N/A
    2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:
    a. Books that can be used to build your character I have access to quite a few WotC books (Core, Complete, PHB2, DMG2, Cityscape, Expanded Psionics, Cityscape, Vile Darkness, Exulted Deeds), my friends have some more so if there is something really good I may need in another book I can probably access it.
    b. Race (including any Level Adjustment Limits) Due to the homebrew campaign setting it is best for me to keep it simple and choose human
    c. Class - I want to be a caster of some kind as our parties are always light on them. I am tending towards some kind of Cleric (with some form of offensive specialization; I don't want to be a heal bot all the time) at the moment but I am open to other ideas and classes. Also bear in mind that this particular DM is very much into role playing and I may need some suggestions for back story (I'm having a mental blank at the moment, usually I am good at writing characters).
    d. Ability Scores (fixed or generation method) - I have the following rolls: 9, 15, 14, 13, 18, 10 which seem pretty good (if needed however I can re-roll or use a 32 point buy system)
    e. Alignment - LN, CG, NG or LG (basically DM says no evil and no CN, if really needed I can ask for TN)
    f. House Rules: are there any other requirements or unusual rules imposed on you/your character (e.g. no single level dips, no item creation feats, Track is being given to you as free feat, etc.) There are absolutely house-rules everywhere in my group; far too many to bother to explain. What I am asking for is a character based on RAW and I will do the adapting at a later stage (I know "My Campaign Setting the RPG" and have little knowledge of how to make a good build in DnD that is why I am asking for your help)
    g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept? In terms of domains I can probably organize a bit of changing stuff around as it is a home brew setting. I am thinking something along the lines of destruction and travel at the moment (unless of course these are severely gimped; I wouldn't know). Unfortunately I haven't got much detail on the particular setting from the DM yet so I don't know what type of character to make. All I know is that we are somehow recruited by a town council of a small town known as Felaton for some task which I would have no idea of. If I am to be a cleric I guess I am most likely a traveler from the capital city nearby or from one of the holy cities as I am pretty sure that my deity choice is not one of the locally worshiped ones.
    h. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be (e.g., what are others playing, the setting is largely wilderness, the DM is threatening to use a lot of undead, or the campaign will be heavy on combat and light on intrigue)?
    I know one of the other players is a swashbuckler of some kind with aspirations to become a dread pirate. I suspect that another player will make a druid or a wizard or something else which can change form (this guy makes characters based on single concepts and this was what he said he wanted to do next). Another player again will definitely be a Rogue/Ranger/Scout/Fighter with a bow-based build as that is all he ever plays. There are two other players in the group who turn up less regularly and as they have less experience they will probably stick to core (one most likely be a skill monkey and another a fighter or barbarian) . Everyone in my group except the DM and myself are scared of making casters of any kind. There is a very real possibility of a DMPC in this campaign. I know that we start under the employment of someone so I expect there will be some railroading, I also expect other bits will be RP encounter heavy. All the other PCs also start at Level 4 and I think we have the average gold from the table in the DM's guide.

I hope this is enough information - as you can see I am not quite clear on what I want yet for which I apologize. Unfortunately I am most likely doomed to be the sole caster in the party (unless I can convince one of the newbies to play as one) as 'prepare spells' is almost a bad word in my group. Thanks in advance for your help.

Burgo

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burgo McSock View Post
    [B]1. I need a new character at Level 4 with some basic idea of where I should progress from there

a. Books that can be used to build your character I have access to quite a few WotC books (Core, Complete, PHB2, DMG2, Cityscape, Expanded Psionics, Cityscape, Vile Darkness, Exulted Deeds), my friends have some more so if there is something really good I may need in another book I can probably access it.
    b. Race (including any Level Adjustment Limits) Due to the homebrew campaign setting it is best for me to keep it simple and choose human
    c. Class - I want to be a caster of some kind as our parties are always light on them. I am tending towards some kind of Cleric (with some form of offensive specialization; I don't want to be a heal bot all the time) at the moment but I am open to other ideas and classes. Also bear in mind that this particular DM is very much into role playing and I may need some suggestions for back story (I'm having a mental blank at the moment, usually I am good at writing characters).
    d. Ability Scores (fixed or generation method) - I have the following rolls: 9, 15, 14, 13, 18, 10 which seem pretty good (if needed however I can re-roll or use a 32 point buy system)
    e. Alignment - LN, CG, NG or LG (basically DM says no evil and no CN, if really needed I can ask for TN)
    f. House Rules: are there any other requirements or unusual rules imposed on you/your character (e.g. no single level dips, no item creation feats, Track is being given to you as free feat, etc.) There are absolutely house-rules everywhere in my group; far too many to bother to explain. What I am asking for is a character based on RAW and I will do the adapting at a later stage (I know "My Campaign Setting the RPG" and have little knowledge of how to make a good build in DnD that is why I am asking for your help)
    Homebrew probably needed in this build. Anyway, sounds like a good DMing.

g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept? In terms of domains I can probably organize a bit of changing stuff around as it is a home brew setting. I am thinking something along the lines of destruction and travel at the moment (unless of course these are severely gimped; I wouldn't know). Unfortunately I haven't got much detail on the particular setting from the DM yet so I don't know what type of character to make. All I know is that we are somehow recruited by a town council of a small town known as Felaton for some task which I would have no idea of. If I am to be a cleric I guess I am most likely a traveler from the capital city nearby or from one of the holy cities as I am pretty sure that my deity choice is not one of the locally worshiped ones.
    h. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be
    I know one of the other players is a swashbuckler of some kind with aspirations to become a dread pirate. I suspect that another player will make a druid or a wizard or something else which can change form (this guy makes characters based on single concepts and this was what he said he wanted to do next). Another player again will definitely be a Rogue/Ranger/Scout/Fighter with a bow-based build as that is all he ever plays. There are two other players in the group who turn up less regularly and as they have less experience they will probably stick to core (one most likely be a skill monkey and another a fighter or barbarian) . Everyone in my group except the DM and myself are scared of making casters of any kind. There is a very real possibility of a DMPC in this campaign. I know that we start under the employment of someone so I expect there will be some railroading, I also expect other bits will be RP encounter heavy. All the other PCs also start at Level 4 and I think we have the average gold from the table in the DM's guide.

I hope this is enough information - as you can see I am not quite clear on what I want yet for which I apologize. Unfortunately I am most likely doomed to be the sole caster in the party (unless I can convince one of the newbies to play as one) as 'prepare spells' is almost a bad word in my group. Thanks in advance for your help.

Burgo
    Ah! That sounds a lot familiar to me... Our party is generally composed by 3-4 fighters and a ranger/scout, with at maximum a blaster-caster (which means no true casters in the group).

Anyway, I came up with this idea of a character two days ago, so I'll tell it to you and you'll decide.

I thought of him as a dwarf in full plate with a big shield and a longsword whose fighting style was like: "In the name of the mighty Heironeous, I will survive!"

He is, by ECL 20, unbreakable.
    Crusader 1
    Cleric 1
    Cleric 2
    Crusader 2
    Ordained Champion 1
    Ordained Champion 2
    Ordained Champion 3
    Ordained Champion 4
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 1
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 2
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 3
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 4
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 5
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 6
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 7
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 8
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 9
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 10
    Crusader 3
    Crusader 4

Ordained Champion is in Complete Champion, Crusader and Ruby Knight Vindicator are in Tome of Battle.

He has a CL of 12, an IL of 17, one 9th level manoeuvre and so many uses of turn attempts that he needs as many Extra Turning as he can take.
    Check the classes, then if you want that ask again here. Only problem being flavor (must worship Wee Jas and Heironeous... hmm...) but since it's a homebrewed setting you'll have no problems (I suppose).

Don't be tempted by Ordained Champion 5 (you'll lose 9th level manoeuvres) unless you aren't going to reach ECL 20ish.

I proposed this because being in melee is the only way you have to be less focused on healing and more on beating. Also, White Raven manoeuvres with many melee companions are your best bet and most of your cures (also Divine Spirit's ones) are usable on others too... if they are near!
    Be sure to take Shadow Stride/Blink to pop in and out melee easily even with not much mobility.

Enjoy your game
    --> The Mormegil
    Useless arcane powers are better than no arcane powers!

Avatar mercifully granted by Threeshades

4. - Top - End - #634
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    I’m looking to build scary assassin style BBEG. Shoot for somewhere between levels 10 –15 please

Books: I have core rulebooks, complete series (minus complete psionic), PHB2
    Race: human
    Class: I’m thinking of ninja (complete adventurer)/assassin (DMG)/ghost faced killer (complete adventurer)
    Ability scores: 36 point buy,
    Alignment: Appropriately evil alignment
    House rules: I’m planning on using the Class defense bonus for the campaign.
    Concept: I’m planning on an assassin, like a “shadow warrior” someone who does the bidding of someone else.
    Other: I want him to wield a big enough weapon to power attack + sneak attack with. So a great sword is probably what he’ll need. Other than that he’s supposed to be a skilled assassin that can appear and kill then disappear without a trace. Someone the party will have a hard time pinning down in a fight.
    Thanks in advance.

Give him leap attack...... hit and run, hit and run, hit and run...... and a fleshgrinding weapon, just to be mean....

5. - Top - End - #635
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Mormegil View Post
    I thought of him as a dwarf in full plate with a big shield and a longsword whose fighting style was like: "In the name of the mighty Heironeous, I will survive!"
    Sounds good, although I will be worshiping a home brewed god. On that note which domains will I need for this build to work, I know War is one of them as it is a class feature of Ordained Champion but which others should I take.

He is, by ECL 20, unbreakable.
    Crusader 1
    Cleric 1
    Cleric 2
    Crusader 2
    Ordained Champion 1
    Ordained Champion 2
    Ordained Champion 3
    Ordained Champion 4
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 1
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 2
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 3
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 4
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 5
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 6
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 7
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 8
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 9
    Ruby Knight Vindicator 10
    Crusader 3
    Crusader 4
    Again sounds good, I have all those books so that should work fine.

He has a CL of 12, an IL of 17, one 9th level manoeuvre and so many uses of turn attempts that he needs as many Extra Turning as he can take.
    What are some of the many uses for turning that you are referring to? And does my ability to turn continue to improve with all these other classes?

Check the classes, then if you want that ask again here. Only problem being flavor (must worship Wee Jas and Heironeous... hmm...) but since it's a homebrewed setting you'll have no problems (I suppose).
    Yeah no problems there, my character will worship a particular area of the Pantheon of Gods in the home brew setting. I am confident that this build you have made is what I am after so I would like to ask some extra details about it:
    *Should I use the stats that I rolled (in my previous post) or should I reroll them or use a points buy? If I keep them where should I put them (i.e. this combination of classes seems to use quite a few different stats so I do not know which are the most important in this particular case).
    * What feats, manouvers, stances and domains should I get (I will be 5th level at the start of the game)?
    * Where should I put my skill points? (I think I have very few of them so it may be important to get this right)
    * Obviously I should use a longsword, full plate and some kind of heavy shield but is there anything more specific I need in terms of equipment?

I proposed this because being in melee is the only way you have to be less focused on healing and more on beating. Also, White Raven manoeuvres with many melee companions are your best bet and most of your cures (also Divine Spirit's ones) are usable on others too... if they are near!
    Be sure to take Shadow Stride/Blink to pop in and out melee easily even with not much mobility.l
    Okay sounds like a good concept for a character. If you have the time could you please answer my questions above. Thanks in advance.

Burgo

6. - Top - End - #636

Post Re: Character Builder Thread

Sounds good, although I will be worshiping a home brewed god. On that note which domains will I need for this build to work, I know War is one of them as it is a class feature of Ordained Champion but which others should I take.
    Well, healing sounds good, also because you lose your capacity to be a spontaneous healer, and the Smite granted power from Destruction and the Strength bonus from Strength are both great... I recommand, choosing domains in general, to be sure to get one spell-focused domain (one good spell for almost every level) plus one domain with a good granted power. That will do. Spells talking, War domain is good enough for blasting, so I'd think to Healing/Trickery (also good for RKV theme)/Time (greatly recommended, but 3.0 in Forgotten Realms ambientation, not quite sure if they republished it...)/Travel/Magic. Granted Powers, the two above mentioned should be the best ones for you. Aslo, if your DM allows this kind of cheese, you may want to take one (or two) elemental domain for the extra turning (Extra Turning feat grants 4 more turn attempts for every turn ability, but Divine feats and OCh capacities normally are triggered only with turn UNDEADS, so ask your DM).

Again sounds good, I have all those books so that should work fine.

What are some of the many uses for turning that you are referring to? And does my ability to turn continue to improve with all these other classes?
    Those abilities from Ordained Champion all requires a turn attempt to activate (and believe me, they are worth it. Expecially the DR one [noone has a chaotic weapon, except slaads and demons for which just don't use it]) and also RKV ones require turn attempts. And of course, since you are a cleric, you might want to take Divine Metamagic and Quicken/Maximized/Chained Spell feats (not all of them, see below).
    You may end in burning turn attempts over turn attempts in a single round to get every benefit and buff you can thanks to Divine Impetus, but I'd recommand it only if are SURE this is your last fighting in the day.

Yeah no problems there, my character will worship a particular area of the Pantheon of Gods in the home brew setting. I am confident that this build you have made is what I am after so I would like to ask some extra details about it:
    *Should I use the stats that I rolled (in my previous post) or should I reroll them or use a points buy? If I keep them where should I put them (i.e. this combination of classes seems to use quite a few different stats so I do not know which are the most important in this particular case).
    Yeah, you stroke true right to the problem of this build: stats gone MAD.
    Well, you may consider the thread named "X stat to Y bonus" in the WotC boards (sorry, cannot link it, if anyone else can pealse do it) to reduce it, but even then, you need 5 stats out of 6 in this build, with this order:
    CON, CHA, WIS, STR, DEX, and the single dropping of INT.
    Not nice, and you don't even get Ordained Champion's ability to use Wis instead of Strength for melee purposes if you want to get 9th level manoeuvres... wait, no!

Changing program: take ONE LEVEL of Cleric and FIVE LEVELS of Ordained Champion, you lose a CL but no IL and you're still able to get healing!
    Changes to: Crusader 3/Cleric 1/Ordained Champion 5/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10
    Yeah, definitely better. Another use for turning attempts!
    This isn't good up until ECL 9, but even so you may consider taking magical improvings only in Wisdom (although I think a Belt of Magnificence [MiC], even if a bit more expensive, would fit best of all).

* What feats, manouvers, stances and domains should I get (I will be 5th level at the start of the game)?
    complete build below

* Where should I put my skill points? (I think I have very few of them so it may be important to get this right)
    Int being your drop stat, you have 4-2 SP per level.
    Geez, here come some trouble! Thanks goodness you're human !
    You have 2 options:
    FIRST OPTION
    1)Cleric 1 - 8 SP: Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Concentration 4 ranks
    2)Crusader 1 - 4 SP: Kn(rel) +1, Hide +3/2
    3)Crusader 2 - 4 SP: Kn(rel) +1, Hide +3/2
    4)Crusader 3 - 4 SP: Kn(rel) +1, Hide +1/2, Intimidate 2 ranks
    5)Ordained Champion 1 - 2 SP: Kn (rel) +1, Hide +1/2
    6)Ordained Champion 2 - 2 SP: Intimidate +2
    7)Ordained Champion 3 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    8)Ordained Champion 4 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    9)Ordained Champion 5 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    10)Ruby Knight Vindicator 1 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    11)Ruby Knight Vindicator 2 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    12)Ruby Knight Vindicator 3 - 2 SP: Concentration +1, any 1 rank
    etc.
    SECOND OPTION
    1)Crusader 1 - 16 SP: Intimidate 4 ranks, Hide 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Concentration 2 ranks
    2)Cleric 1 - 2 SP: Kn(rel) +1, Hide +1/2
    3)Crusader 2 - 4 SP: Kn(rel) +1, Hide +1/2, Concentration +1
    4)Crusader 3 - 4 SP: Kn(rel) +1, Hide +1/2, Concentration +1
    5)Ordained Champion 1 - 2 SP: Kn (rel) +1, Hide +1/2
    6)Ordained Champion 2 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    7)Ordained Champion 3 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    8)Ordained Champion 4 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    9)Ordained Champion 5 - 2 SP: Concentration +2
    10)Ruby Knight Vindicator 1 - 2 SP: Concentration +1, any 1 rank
    etc.
    Much better this last one, even though you'll have many less cleric feats (at first level, when you get most, you still aren't a cleric.

Seriously Concentration is a problem at low levels, even without not being able to get enough ranks...
    Not speaking of your LOW Hide check (which should be good instead, even though mainly for fluff reasons) and your Spellcraft lack...

* Obviously I should use a longsword, full plate and some kind of heavy shield but is there anything more specific I need in terms of equipment?
    As above mentioned, I would suggest a Belt of Magnificence. Also, if your DM allows you to use Unearthed Arcana's flaws, I would take Exotic Armor Proficiency (mountain plate) and use one of those, really. Of course, if you decide to start as a cleric, you would have better things to do with those feats. Also, you don't need a longsword. Since it's a homebrewed setting you might ask your DM for another weapon (just as long as it's not an exotic weapon) if you want.

Okay sounds like a good concept for a character. If you have the time could you please answer my questions above. Thanks in advance.

Burgo
    So, about feats, manoeuvres and stances, here's what I thought:

Lvl) Class - feats - special - manoeuvres; stances
    1) Cleric 1 - Quickened Spell, Divine Metamagic, FLAW (Slow [a real pain in the butt, but even so worth the benefit] -- Extra Turning), FLAW (Shaky [you're not going to be an archer] -- Extra Turning), DOMAIN (War -- Weapon Focus) - Domains (see above) - none
    2) Crusader 1 - none - Steely resolve 5, Furious Counterstrike - Stone Bones, Crusader’s Strike, Leading the Attack, Vanguard Strike, Douse the Flames;Martial Spirit
    3) Crusader 2 - Extra Granted Manoeuvre (a must) - Indomitable Soul - none; Leading the Attack
    4) Crusader 3 - none - Zealous Surge - Battle Leader's Charge; none
    5) Ordained Champion 1 - Heavy Armor Optimization, Stone Power (another must) - Bonus Domain: see above, Continued Advancement, Modified Spontaneous Casting, Combat Feats - none
    6) Ordained Champion 2 - Extra Turning, Diehard - Smite - none
    7) Ordained Champion 3 - none - Channel Spell, Divine Bulwark - none
    8) Ordained Champion 4 - none - Fist of the Gods, Rapid Spontaneous Casting - none
    9) Ordained Champion 5 - Extra Turning - Holy warrior, War caster - none
    10) Ruby Knight Vindicator 1 - none - none - none; Wolf Pack Tactics
    11) Ruby Knight Vindicator 2 - none - Divine Recovery - White Raven Tactics; none
    12) Ruby Knight Vindicator 3 - Extra Turning - none - none
    13) Ruby Knight Vindicator 4 - none - none - Shadow Stride; none
    14) Ruby Knight Vindicator 5 - none - Armored Stealth - none
    15) Ruby Knight Vindicator 6 - Extra Turning - none - War Leader's Charge; none
    16) Ruby Knight Vindicator 7 - none - Divine Impetus - none
    17) Ruby Knight Vindicator 8 - none - none - Shield Counter; none
    18) Ruby Knight Vindicator 9 - Extra Turning - Divine Fury - none; Immortal Fortitude
    19) Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 - none - none - White Raven Hammer; none
    20) Crusader 4 - none - Steely Resolve 10 - Vanguard Strike --> Strike of Righteous Vitality; none

Enjoy your game!
    --> The Mormegil

7. - Top - End - #637
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Character Builder Thread

Well this is the first time I've posted on this forum so please be patient with the N00b. I have a gaming group that I'm DMing for right now and have a buddy that had never really played that is interested in joining.( We are playing Expedition to Castle Ravenloft) I want to build him a character that he'll like so he'll get interested. He is a huge X-man fan and more specifically Gambit. Any ideas on what Gambit would be? Rouge I think but where would you pull in his powers? thanks!

1. Ok I need to build him up to 6th to 7th level, with ideas going forward

2. No real restrictions but does need to be balanced, and is for a total newbie, so please keep it as simple as possible
    a. PHB, PHB2, MM 1-4, Any Complete, Pionics "if you have to", Heroes of Horror, Ravenloft, If you pull from anything else please let me know the book and page
    b. Race- Anything with LA +1 or below
    c. Class- Any
    d. Scores- 18, 18, 15, 10, 13, 17--- good rolls :)
    e. Any, prefer CN, CE, or N, I think those fit Gambit best, let me know if you think of something better
    f. House Rules: Nothing to worry about during creation, gets normal wealth for level pulse half to next level.
    g. Concept: As close to the gambit character from X-men as you can get
    h. Other: the rest of the group includes a Fighter, Asamar Cleric/Radient servent of Palor, Druid, Warmage, they are all at level 7 now, the asamar bought down his level adjustment. The group is fairly balanced and everyone rolled well so nothing underpowered. If my buddy doesnt keep playing with us I'm going to use this character as a plot device with the Vistani and I'm thinking that is how i'll pull him into the party. They are about to go visit Madam Eva for the second time.

Thanks ahead of time for your input!!
    Last edited by Centor; 2007-09-27 at 09:49 AM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Centor
    Pionics "if you have to",
    I might have to, it fits Gambit so well...

CN Human Wilder 6 (what I would go with):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scores:
    Str:15
    Dex:18
    Con:17+1
    Int:13
    Wis:10
    Cha:18

Powers:
    1:Control Flames
    2:Telempathetic Projection
    3:Precognition- Offensive
    4:Concussion Blast
    5:Swarm of Crystals
    6:Body Adjustment (Not to emulate healing ability as much as to fill space and streamline gameplay)

Feats:
    1:Point Blank Shot
    H:Precise Shot
    3:Quickdraw (So you can throw things effectively when you run out of pp)
    6:Expanded Knowledge- Energy Missile

Skill Ranks:
    Balance:5 ranks
    Bluff:9 ranks
    Concentration:9 ranks
    Escape Artist:4 ranks
    Profession (Gambler):9 ranks
    Sense Motive:9 ranks
    Tumble:9

If you describe the blasting powers as Card-throwing and give him a quarterstaff and light armor, you'd have the concept pretty well.

If you don't like Wilder for Gambit,

CN Human Rogue 6:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats:
    Str:17+1
    Dex:18
    Con:15
    Int:18
    Wis:10
    Cha:13

Feats:
    1:Point Blank Shot
    H:Precise Shot
    3:Quickdraw
    6:Deadeye Shot

Skills (9 ranks each):
    Balance
    Bluff
    Diplomacy
    Disable Device
    Disguise
    Escape Artist
    Forgery
    Gather Information
    Hide
    Move Silently
    Profession-Gambler
    Sleight of Hand
    Tumble

Get him some Darts and let him go crazy.
    Last edited by Dr. Weasel; 2007-09-27 at 02:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Character Builder Thread

Thanks Dr Weasle, I like both builds, I was leary of psionic because he is a very new player and I wasnt sure how it would fit in Ravenloft, but that looks very nice! I'll work up both and let him decide what he is comfotable using. Thanks again!

10. - Top - End - #640
    Banned

confused Re: Character Builder Thread

Hello, my character recently purchased some farmland outside of the prime material plane, so I need a replacement character.

Requirements: 12th level, Human only, Oriental "flavor".
    Stats: 8, 13, 14, 14, 16, 18
    Goal: Domination of diplomacy and CHA based sub-game of campaign. I also want him to be a very supportive character, being able to enhance the party in general.

Idea so far:

1. Bard(1) - 1 open feat; persuasive
    2. Marshal(1)
    3. Warlock(1) - skill focus diplomacy
    4. Bard(2) +1 Stat
    5. Bard(3)
    6. Evangelist(1) (Needs Persuasive feat) 1 open feat
    7. Evangelist(2)
    8. Bard(4) +1 Stat
    9. Bard(5) 1 open feat
    10. Bard(6)
    11. Exemplar(1) (Needs Skill Focus)
    12. Bard(7) 1 open feat +1 Stat

Note that is the Evangelist PrC and not the Dragon Alternate class.

I am sure there is something better to tweak this with than 7 levels of Bard. Not that I am disparging the Bard, just that I want to get all I can out of this character.

Note on the Oriental flavor requirement:

The DM can basically veto anything. I have approval of what I have listed so far and he will generally allow all PrCs as long as it is reasonably justifiable in a purely Oriental world.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Edit: I should note that essentially all 3.0/3.5 books are allowed as well as Oriental Adventures. As I say above though, the DM has veto power and one that is definately out is Tome of Battle.

Edit#2: I basically finished the character, I guess I just needed to plow through the books more. Final draft is looking like this:

STR 8
    DEX 14
    CON 14
    INT 16
    WIS 14 (13+1)
    CHA 20 (18+2)

1. Bard(1) - Powerful Voice (OA) (r); Negotiator
    2. Marshal(1) - Skill focus: Diplomacy (b)
    3. Bard(2) - Wanderer's Diplomacy
    4. Bard(3) +1 WIS
    5. Warlock(1)
    6. Bard(4) - Combat Panache (PH2)
    7. Bard(5)
    8. Bard(6) +1 CHA
    9. Bard(7) Master Manipulator
    10. Bard(8)
    11. Exemplar(1)
    12. Bard(9) +1 CHA Ironskin Chant
    Last edited by Mr. Friendly; 2007-10-01 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Nevermind, already done

11. - Top - End - #641

Q.1. Could you please build me a 8th level gestalt warlock/paladin of tyranny?
    Books: almost everything but setting books

Race: I was thinking in human necropolitan
    Ability Scores: 15,15,14,14,12
    Alignment: lawful -evil
    House Rules: My DM says magic items will be available for purchase but we’re not building them ourselves, so avoid item creation feats.
    Concept: I’m thinking of a quiet, not flashy, but still effective caster. A real team player.
    Other: He is going to be the stereotypical death knight in night black armor, I am mostly worried about feats but I wanted to use hidous blow to increase damage output but it works as a stantard action, is there any way to use it as a full round action like the duskblades do with spells?
    I also think it will need battle caster to use heavier armor and the warlock powers am I am going to take fell flight, so fly by attack or other feats might be interesting.
    "Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck." Portal A. I.

Arena Characters(W-L): (DQs not added)
    Spoiler
    Show

Medals (D&D and otherwise
    Spoiler
    Show

My games

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    Q.1. Could you please build me a 8th level gestalt warlock/paladin of tyranny?
    Books: almost everything but setting books

Race: I was thinking in human necropolitan
    Ability Scores: 15,15,14,14,12
    Alignment: lawful -evil
    House Rules: My DM says magic items will be available for purchase but we’re not building them ourselves, so avoid item creation feats.
    Concept: I’m thinking of a quiet, not flashy, but still effective caster. A real team player.
    Other: He is going to be the stereotypical death knight in night black armor, I am mostly worried about feats but I wanted to use hidous blow to increase damage output but it works as a stantard action, is there any way to use it as a full round action like the duskblades do with spells?
    I also think it will need battle caster to use heavier armor and the warlock powers am I am going to take fell flight, so fly by attack or other feats might be interesting.
    Ok, first: no there's not a way I know to put hideous blast on a full attack, but there are a few interesting things about it (see below).

My build is:
    Warlock 20//Paladin of Tyranny 5/Warblade 5/Kensai 10

Warlock is a pretty solid class on its own, but Paladin isn't really recommandable over level 5 (you'll start at level 4/4 to avoid multiclassing penalties).

Pluses: difficult to reach, good damage output.
    Minuses: being far from melee means you'll need another tank and you'll never really use your aura. Also, you cannot fly in medium or heavy armors. That means one less feat, but also 4 less armor points and no heavy black armored flavour

Now: Warlock side isn't particulary difficult to make out, just one thing: use the PHBII version, you don't need fiendish resilience, better out with fiendish flamewreath.
    INVOCATIONS:
    Least - hideous blow, entropic interdiction, see the unseen
    Lesser - fell flight, charme/walk unseen (both good, but not that good in a fight)
    Later on:
    Lesser - Relentless dispelling
    Greater - Wall of Perilious flames, Freezing Tentacles, Vitriolic blast
    Dark - Dark prevision, Caster's Lament and Darkness Scorporation

Paldin's side: first, take two Paladin alternate class features: the first being Unholy Warrior (Complete Champion) that grants you a bonus feat instead of spellcasting; the second being the Charging smite (since you fly you don't need a mount) that will be good with some flying feats.
    Second, since you want to be a party player I thought some White Raven manoeuvres couldn't hurt.
    Third, kensai is a good class and since you are lawful anyway it adds a little bit of theme to the character. However, you are going to get a +10 weapon for free and some good class features (I know your DM said that you cannot make your own items, but this isn't crafting, it's more like a class feature) and it will let you get a lance as you want it, with the right properties (valorous, charging etc.)

MANOEUVRES AND STANCES:
    Action Before Thought, Battle Leader's Charge, Wall of Blades, White Raven Tactics, Emerald Razor (and on next level Ruby Nightmere Blade).
    Leading the Charge, Absolute Steel Stance.

FEATS:
    You have, being human, 4 feats + 1 Paladin feat. Ask if you can use Flaws (Unearthed Arcana, page 91; if you do, take Shaky [you'll use mainly hideous blow, and when you don't, you'll get a touch attack] and Weak Reflexes [Action before Thought is there for it] and in exchange take Improved Bull Rush and Power Attack)
    Take at level 1 Weapon Focus (knight's lance), and Combat Expertise
    At level 3 take Flyby Attack
    At level 6 Diving Charge
    Paladin 4 take Divine Might (Cha on damage, swift action, burn turn attempt)

This is based on the fact that Flyby Attack allows you to use a standard action, not a simple attack. This means both manoeuvres and hideous blast.
    Add a bit of an Uber Charger and you'll have a big damage dealing flying character that is always too far for a full attack. Add that you

13. - Top - End - #643
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ok so Im looking for a level by level build from 1-20 for a unique character that is overpowered but not flashy about it.
    -All books are open except for campaign specific books
    -Open to race/class combinations
    -Scores: 18,17,16,16,13,11 (yea I actually rolled those)
    -Alignment: Any non-evil
    I really just want to see what people will come up with. Im really looking for something unique, but still powerful because my DM likes to make his campaigns difficult to the point of insanity where on average one character will die every couple of encounters (for example a level 18 ventriloquist spellcaster hidden behind a nonmagical secret trap door on the ceiling blasting high level spells at us(level 11-15) while throwing his voice around so we couldnt pinpoint where he was in a locked room with no hints as to how to find him)
    Have fun!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. What're you looking for?
    1-10th level with Feats and Skills pointed out. (Wiggly room on skills is preferred)

2. Requirements/Limits?
    • Books: Any 3.5 WoTC book and homebrew from this forum.
    • Race: Githyanki, with both of his LA bought off, so he has a full 10 levels.
    • Class: Starts with at least 1 level in Fighter or Warblade (Iron Heart and whatever else seems typically Githyanki) and 2 in Paladin, following Tyr. After that, do whatever, so long as it's more martial than magical. Nyss is not good at magic.
    • Ability Scores: After Racial Stat adjustment: STR 15 DEX 16 CON 20 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 13. Stat bonuses from leveling up go to WIS or CHA.
    • Alignment: Lawful Good from 1 to 10.
    • House Rules: Whenever there's a Diplomacy skill and no Intimidate, swap it in and Diplo out. Nyss is scary but not so good at talking gud.

Concept: Nyss-k'kar is a heavy-plate-wearing holy-fighter-type, kicking patootie in the name of Tyr. He is more Good than Lawful, but he's still LG. He is also the sworn protector of the cleric Rathtok, and protects him with his life. He can and will go into any class to make protecting Rathtok easier, so long as he's still good at kicking patootie in the name of Tyr. :V

Other: Rathtok has miserable HP (We're talking 17 at 5th level), but an AC of 21. Rathtok is very important to Nyss. He's a Monk 1/Cloistered Cleric of Ilmater. Nyss has a Greatsword that was made by his mother. He is loathe to give it up. It can be enchanted or otherwise enhanced in any way. There are only 2 people in this party. Nyss the damage dealer/wall and Rath the healbot/buffer/face. They occasionally face undead, but Rath takes care of those. Nyss will always refuse to use a mount granted by a class unless it's a magical creature like a Nightmare. He is also dracophobic, and refuses to work with them. This campaign is fairly low combat, but when it does happen, it's big and awesome.

I'm tossing this out there to see what other people can come up with; I'm not very good at progressing with just base classes, much less PrCs.
    Last edited by Karma Guard; 2007-10-02 at 02:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

Please help me build a time-traveling psion wih unsubtle Dr Who influences.

1. Which of the above are you asking for? 5th Level start, plus ideas of direction up through 10th level. Helpful Skills and Feats-- including some in diplomacy, even if it's cross-class.

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:
    a. Books: Core books, Expanded Psionics, Complete Misc

b. Race: Human, as there isn't a Time Lord template (the LA would be through the roof... 12 free True Resurrections?!)

c. Class: Psion [Nomad]

d. Ability Scores: 10 STR, 17 DEX, 12 CON, 19 INT*, 15 WIS, 16 CHA. *Incl. 4th level boot

e. Alignment: True Neutral

f. House Rules/Build: DM says Psionic items will appear in treasure, but not as often as magical. Craft Dorje for one of the Psion bonus feats... because a dorje of Psionic Open Lock makes a fine sonic screwdriver.

g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept? Tenth Doctor Who ( See Wiki ) influenced: he's a charming time traveler; a strong sense of morality when offended, but with a dark streak for retribution. Would rather work things out by his wits first, then by powers, leaving the melee to the not-so-squishy characters.

h. Other: The character originates from a few decades in the future (classic medival D&D fantasy world), so he doesn't have any FutureGear. The best psionics build is, ironicly, straight psion, because the EPH PrCs all skip MLs. I guess I'm looking for some good feats and powers for a fast-talking, slightly manic, interaction-based character [as in, not many blaster powers] for an intrigue/mystery campaign. Party also contains CG Cleric, LN Ranger, CN Rogue/Warlock.

Just for laffs, what creature in MM I-IV reminds you the most of a Dalek?

16. - Top - End - #646
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello everyone, i'm attempting to get ready for my new campaign that i've started one or two topics about already. A gestalt campaign for two rogues, taking place in Sharn. Now, I've got my character already set up, but another player was considering making a bard/rogue and wanted some advice and help on making her. She doesn't have an account on here, so I decided to post here for her.

1. Which of the above are you asking for? A level by level of a character. This is for a high-stat Gestalt campaign will only two characters, taking place in Sharn. The other character is a wizard/rogue; but the character that needs help is a Bard/Rogue. Also, she plans on eventually taking the Dervish prestige class. And I am allowing gestalt prestige classes.

a. If it’s the third one please provide the vital stats of your current character. Dexterity, Charisma.

a. Books that can be used to build your character:Core, Complete adventurer and warrior, eberron campaign book, magic of eberron, Sharn: city of towers, Book of Vile Darkness, Exalted Deeds, Complete Arcane, Unearthed Arcana

b. Race (including any Level Adjustment Limits) Changeling

c. Class - She was originally going to go with a Swashbuckler/Rogue, but decided that she might want to try to play a bard. (I love bards and rant on about them all the time) So, she's going to try to make a bard/rogue.

d. Ability Scores (fixed or generation method) - bought using point-buy. I believe her stats are: 18, 18, 16, 14, 12, 12.

e. Alignment - CN

f. House Rules: I've decided, for this campaign to try merging several skill sets; just to see how it works out. For instance (Move silently + hide = stealth, Jump + swim + climb = athletics, Spot + listen = awareness, Open lock +disable device = disable device.) Aside from that, none.

g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept? She wants to play a very dexterious character who is somewhat combat based. I'm a wizard, so she'll really be the "muscle" of the group. She hasn't entirely worked out how her character will work yet, but I believe she is planning on taking perform: dance. The character will be a thieving-type rogue as well.

h. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be (e.g., what are others playing, the setting is largely wilderness, the DM is threatening to use a lot of undead, or the campaign will be heavy on combat and light on intrigue)?The campaign will be somewhat light on combat (depending) and have a moderate amount of intrigue. It will be a city-based campaign focusing on Sharn.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Critique my build.

Stat array is fixed, order is up to me.

Forgotten Realms. No ToB classes, no Warlock, and a few other no's that don't impact me (as yet).

1st level Psychic Warrior (Mulan Human, from Unther)
    Alignment: LN
    Stats:
    Str 18
    Dex 16
    Con 12
    Wis 14
    Int 14
    Cha 10

Feats: Exotic Weapon: Spiked Chain, Stand Still, Combat Reflexes
    Gear: MW BP (free from ethnic choice), Spiked Chain, secondary weapons/gear.
    Power: Vigor (+5 temp HP per power point, 1 minute/level duration)

Plan:
    2: Combat Expertise, Power: Enlarge
    3: Improved Trip, Power: Iron Grip
    4: Power: Hustle
    5: Power Attack, Power: Dimension Swap
    6: Leap Attack, Power: ??? (Lion's charge, but it is useless)

I doubt the game will extend all the way past L 6.

Alternative path...

Does Bite of the Wolf grant a secondary attack with the Bite when fighting with a weapon?

Plan:
    2: Combat Expertise, Power: Enlarge
    3: Improved Trip, Power: Bite of the Wolf
    4: Power: Psychic Lion's Charge
    5: Power Attack, Power: Hustle
    6: Leap Attack, Power: Dimension Swap

Improvements? Tweaks?

18. - Top - End - #648
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Hi everyone! I am the other character that ContinuumC was talking about it his previous post . Pretty much everything he stated is on the mark except for one change:

My abilities are:
    Str - 14
    Dex - 18
    Con - 12
    Int - 18
    Wis - 11
    Cha - 16

19. - Top - End - #649
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird0510 View Post
    Hi everyone! I am the other character that ContinuumC was talking about it his previous post . Pretty much everything he stated is on the mark except for one change:

My abilities are:
    Str - 14
    Dex - 18
    Con - 12
    Int - 18
    Wis - 11
    Cha - 16
    Bard/Rogue seems, in my opinion, to be a waste. The extra skill points will be marginal and since you are going for Dervish, you would be better off with Scout and make the most of Skirmish.

I think something like this would work….

1) Bard1/Fighter1
    2) Scout1/Fighter2
    3) Scout2/Ranger1
    4) Bard2/Ranger2
    5) Scout3/ExtremeExplorer1
    6) Dervish1/EE2
    7) Dervish2/EE3
    8) Dervish3/EE4
    9) Dervish4/EE5
    10) Dervish5/EldeenRanger(Green)1
    11) Dervish6/ER(G)2
    12) Dervish7/ER(G)3
    13) Dervish8/ER(G)4
    14) Dervish9/ER(G)5
    15) Dervish10/Tempest1
    16) Bard3/Tempest2
    17) Fighter3/Tempest3
    18) Ranger3/Tempest4
    19) Scout4/Tempest5
    20) Fighter4/Ranger4

Feats by level:
    1st: Dodge, Mobility, Action Boost(flaw)
    2nd: Weapon Focus (Scimitar)
    3rd: Combat Expertise, Track(b)
    4th: Two Weapon Fighting(b)
    Etc.

That’s pretty haphazard I know and I am sure the levels could be moved around to give access to Tempest at lower levels and no doubt Extreme Explorer and Eldeen Ranger could be pitched entirely. However, since it is Eberron, the extra Action Points from EE are nice and the Eldeen Ranger’s Divine Grace at 3rd is nice too….

20. - Top - End - #650

Hey guys, I've got a player interested in playing a Dwarven Battlerager, but there's a problem--the class (as printed) is nothing like the characters from the books!

Notably missing are the armor spike abilities and the propensity to cause mass panic. I like how often the battlerager can rage, but that's about it.

It'd be great if someone could help build a Thibbledorf Pwent-style Dwarven Battlerager from the ground up through any wotc-printed material. Any ideas for feats/abilities/weird class levels would be really super appreciated.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Banned

Koji:

I think you could still work it via Battlerager PrC.

All you need to do is get the following:

High Intimidate skill
    Never Outnumbered Skill Trick (Scoundrel)
    Dreeadful Wrath feat (PGF)

That covers the mass panic part.

For the armor spike part, thats easy enough with:

Blood-Spiked Charger feat (PH2)

And I would also say that one feat from... I think it's Dungeonscape, the feat that lets you hit someone, knock them against the wall and do tons of damage.. I wanna say its called Dungeoncrasher.

To build him... well it will be a long road, but I will give this a shot...

(This is assuming not using Flaws from UA. With Flaws you can get Battlerager much sooner)

32 point buy, no racial adjustment added. I'd use either normal Dwarf or Earth Dwarf from UA.

STR 15
    DEX 10
    CON 16
    INT 14
    WIS 10
    CHA 12

Ranger1 (most likely the non-casting variant ranger) Track(b) Power Attack
    Barbarian1 (Pick a variant that suits you)
    Fighter1 Cleave(b) Weapon Focus (armor spikes)
    Fighter2 +1 STR Weapon Focus (shield spikes)(b)
    Barbarian2 (depends on variant)
    Ranger2 Two-Weapon fighting(b) Blood Spiked Charger
    Ranger3 Endurance(b)
    Battlerager1-?

At some point take the Dreadful Wrath feat to give you Frightful Presence when you attack. Also, extra rage, extend rage, etc. You could actually take those before Blood Spiked Charger. Meh.

Anyway, that’s my 2 copper. I am sure it can be done better though.
    Last edited by Mr. Friendly; 2007-10-05 at 07:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    Koji:

I think you could still work it via Battlerager PrC.

All you need to do is get the following:

High Intimidate skill
    Never Outnumbered Skill Trick (Scoundrel)
    Dreeadful Wrath feat (PGF)

That covers the mass panic part.

For the armor spike part, thats easy enough with:

Blood-Spiked Charger feat (PH2)

And I would also say that one feat from... I think it's Dungeonscape, the feat that lets you hit someone, knock them against the wall and do tons of damage.. I wanna say its called Dungeoncrasher.

To build him... well it will be a long road, but I will give this a shot...

(This is assuming not using Flaws from UA. With Flaws you can get Battlerager much sooner)

32 point buy, no racial adjustment added. I'd use either normal Dwarf or Earth Dwarf from UA.

STR 15
    DEX 10
    CON 16
    INT 14
    WIS 10
    CHA 12

Ranger1 (most likely the non-casting variant ranger) Track(b) Power Attack
    Barbarian1 (Pick a variant that suits you)
    Fighter1 Cleave(b) Weapon Focus (armor spikes)
    Fighter2 +1 STR Weapon Focus (shield spikes)(b)
    Barbarian2 (depends on variant)
    Ranger2 Two-Weapon fighting(b) Blood Spiked Charger
    Ranger3 Endurance(b)
    Battlerager1-?

At some point take the Dreadful Wrath feat to give you Frightful Presence when you attack. Also, extra rage, extend rage, etc. You could actually take those before Blood Spiked Charger. Meh.

Anyway, that’s my 2 copper. I am sure it can be done better though.
    Actually Dungeoncrasher is a substitution level that is taken at levels 2 and 6 of fighter. I also recommend getting Martial Study(Stone Dragon:Minotaur Charge) or a few levels of Warblade to get Minotaur Charge.
    My mother says: those on fire should roll.

23. - Top - End - #653

Lizardfolk

Hey, can I request a simple-and-practical Hulking Hurler build progression to level 20? Nothing fancy, just something that can carry a lot of stuff (be party pack-mule), and throw heavy objects (aiming for at least 20d6 a round, even if it's just from lobbing boulders and getting "falling object" damage) without having Abysmal AC or To-hit rolls, or getting the DM angry by me doing thousands of damage a round. Although I will be sticking with a Tauric red dragon (with LA Buyoff) and Natural Heavyweight, which the DM has agreed to already.

Really my only three requirements are
    1) Keep it to as few sourcebooks, spell effects and classes as possible.
    2) include two or three levels of Hulking Hurler...
    3) 20d6 damage an attack, or at least a round. Good range would be nice too.

Edit: Did some more chatting with my DM, came back to see a question. This character is actually going to be a fairly gimped 'taur (Base: Human Creature: Red Dragon). Basically, same stats as a regular Human, but with extra carrying, Fire immunity, occupies a 5 x 10 space, and -2 to Charisma

This is both to streamline Gameplay as much as possible, and to reduce my LA to a mere +2 for the fire immunity. Which will be bought off later.
    Last edited by Eldritch_Ent; 2007-10-05 at 01:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mojotech View Post
    Hey, can I request a simple-and-practical Hulking Hurler build progression to level 20? Nothing fancy, just something that can carry a lot of stuff (be party pack-mule), and throw heavy objects (aiming for at least 20d6 a round, even if it's just from lobbing boulders and getting "falling object" damage) without having Abysmal AC or To-hit rolls, or getting the DM angry by me doing thousands of damage a round. Although I will be sticking with a Tauric red dragon (with LA Buyoff) and Natural Heavyweight, which the DM has agreed to already.

Really my only three requirements are
    1) Keep it to as few sourcebooks, spell effects and classes as possible.
    2) include two or three levels of Hulking Hurler...
    3) 20d6 damage an attack, or at least a round. Good range would be nice too.
    Uh... some questions.

1a. How are you Tauric?
    1b. If you are a Tauric, what is the other half of the template besides Red Dragon?

Ok, so I guess really that's it.

Edit:

Ok, well assuming a legal Tauric is needed, here is my answer:

Tauric Human/Brown Bear --> Half-Dragon Template (Red)

You end up with:

• +24 STR +2 DEX +12 CON +2 INT and CHA
    • +9 Natural Armor
    • 6d10 HD
    • 7+(1)+INT * 9 Skill Points
    • +4 BAB
    • Spd of 40 and 80 (fly)
    • Free Feat (human)
    • A bunch of other bells and whistles.

Your base ECL is 12 (6HD +3 Half-Dragon +3 Tauric) which means you will only be able to buy off 1 LA before Epic. That puts your final cut at 6 racial HD + 5 LA which means only 9 levels of character.
    Last edited by Mr. Friendly; 2007-10-05 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Adding answer

25. - Top - End - #655

Lizardfolk

Ack, I'd seen your post and decided to not clutter up the thread by editing my response into the post for something so minor. O_o But basically me and my DM came to an understanding that resulted in a mere +2 LA Tauric. (Possibly +4 if I add a feature or two later.)

In short, I'm getting no AC or Stat modifiers or anything, just the additional carrying weight and usual benefits of having four legs. Consider it a tauric human for all intents and purpouses... Even if the mental image is a bit disturbing.

Edit- I'd also like to apologize profusely for the confusion. Sorry.
    Last edited by Eldritch_Ent; 2007-10-05 at 03:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Pixie in the Playground

I would like some help designing a polearm-specialist cleric of the Red Knight. The character will begin at level 3, and I would appreciate seeing how to develop it level by level until level 10 or so (I don't think the campaign will last more than that).

Most books allowed, but no psionics, no tome of battle, and no Dragon Magazines. Also none of the evil books (BoVD, CoR).

I'm thinking of using an Elf, stats are 32 point buy before racial adjustment. Alignment LN, unless the build requires LG. One of the domains should be War (with retraining to shift the weapon focus from longsword to the selected polearm), not sure about the other.

Dipping is discouraged; if I go into a PrC I need to go through at least 60% of the levels (e.g. 3 levels in a 5-level PrC such as Spellwarp Sniper).

The concept is a relatively quiet but observant fighter, with a highly developed sense of tactics and the ability to extend that tactical grasp into a relatively wide area around him (via reach weapon).

Thanks very much for your time and insight!

27. - Top - End - #657
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hi guys! I'm looking for help to assemble a Warblade for Fax's War of the Burning Sky game. Starting at level 2 and continuing on to near-twenty, so as complete a build as possible is preferred. Mostly I'm looking for advice on maneuvers, with a side order of feats and weapon style choices because I've never played a ToB class before.

My concept is a human female fighter, a blacksmith's daughter orphaned by war and raised by her military uncle. Her personality would be a lawful neutral, "good solider" type whose main motivation is simply not to be helpless and fight for herself. As a high-Int character I'd intend for her to be reasonably tactically-minded. I'm thinking greatsword for weapon choice but am open to other options if they're particularly superior. The campaign is houseruled to allow attacking with two weapons as a standard action if you have Two-Weapon Fighting as a feat, so that may affect things. Either a greatsword or sword-and-board build would be ideal, though.

The campaign is war-based rather than dungeon crawling.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Q 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

What am I looking for: maneuvers, and the feats to complement them, for a greatsword-fighting Warblade from level 2 to 20.

Books available: most of them
    Race: Human
    Stats: 16, 16, 15, 14, 12, 12

I've a build for this now - thanks to those who helped!
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2007-10-08 at 01:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey there, I'd like a level-by-level build for a human waterbender up to level 10. High AC a must, no multiclassing, little to no melee capabilities necessary, battlefield control emphasis if at all possible. Equipment guidelines would be appreciated, too.

It's a Savage Tide campaign and I've got indirect access to most books that would be relevant. Our protagonist, Silas Kuri, is a fisherman and sailor on board our fine vessel, so max ranks into Profession (sailor) are a must. He's about to go level 2 right now, and his first level seed was Ice Shards.

Ability Scores: 13, 16, 14, 13, 16, 12
    Last edited by Eighth_Seraph; 2007-10-06 at 06:47 PM.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

29. - Top - End - #659
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Hello I could use a bit of help to make a powerful munchkin worthy Gestalt character for my friends Arena Game. It focuses on one day, one fight type rules so having 1/days and such isn't a worry. I already have the character made, and just progressed to level 2 but haven't completed it (health, bonus feat etc, havent been applied yet).

Books: PHB, PHB II, DMG (no Red Wizards), DMG II,
    Monster Manuals 1,3 and 4,
    Complete Books (except Complete Psionics),
    "Races of" Books (except Eberron and Faerun),
    Tome of Battle,
    Magic of Incarnum,
    Miniatures Handbook,
    Dragon Magic,
    Fiendish Codex I, Fiendish Codex II,
    Heroes of Battle, Heroes of Horror, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness,
    Spell Compendium,
    Magic Item Compendium,
    Planar Handbook,
    Cityscape, Dungeonscape, Sandstorm, Stormwrack

Race: Human

Class: (lvl 2 now but incomplete) 1 Duskblade // 1 Warblade / 1 Fighter (Taking 2 levels of Fighter dip for feats and manuever bonuses)

Ability Scores: Char Sheet (Vaelous)

Alignment: Unimportant :)

House Rules: (Sorry for Massive Copies) All characters will be Gestalt Characters. LA adjustments and monster levels can be taken on a single "side" of the gestalt, but note the restrictions below. You may take an LA +1 race (or the first level of a monster class) at first level, and your class features come entirely from the other 'side' of your gestalt. Characters will have a favoured class on each side of their gestalt pair. Both favoured classes will be 'any'. All classes from both 'sides' will be considered together when determining whether an XP penalty should be applied.

No material from Unearthed Arcana other than gestalt rules is allowed. No web enhancements, even of things in the allowed list. All errata and FAQ rulings apply, though. We will not be using retraining (from PHBII), taint (from HOH) or any variant game mechanics from the allowed sources.

Note that all the campaign specific material has been removed. This means no action points.

No alignment changes.

No Leadership, or Thralls. The only summons that will be teleported into the arena will be those granted by class feaures, such as animal companions, familiars or mounts.

Saves and BAB will not be calculated fractionally. Exact progression choices must be listed in the notes section.

ECL 1 start. 38 point buy. Max starting gold. Average HP after first level (round down the total - not each die). No rolls required.

Race restrictions:
    Only templates and races with level-by-level progressions published in the allowed material (allowing you to start at ECL 1, and progress level by level) will be permitted. They must also be taken in their entirety, and before any class levels on that side of the gestalt. Only a single template may be taken. Racial HD are allowed afterwards, subject to these restrictions.

No dragonwrought kobolds.

Class restrictions:
    No "Theurge-like" prestige classes. This includes arcane trickster.

No Ur-Priest or Sublime Chord.

Class features like caster level, eldritch blast and initiator level will be calculated by the narrowest definition of "overlap" in classes. This means, for example, that no tricks can be used to boost caster level above character level by means that would not also function outside a gestalt build.

Classes with advancement of other class features can only advance base classes.

Feat Restrictions:
    No LA +0 templates such as Necropolitan or Dragonborn.

Equipment restrictions:
    Items may only be chosen from the following list of sources: PHB, PHBII, DMG, DMGII and the Magic Item Compendium. Each player also gets the source book for their two favoured classes (must be base classes) as a bonus source book for equipment

Concept: I am going for a shadow knight, dark lordesque type meleer who hybridizes magical power and physical might. My concept idea is to maximize my damage potential and use Karmic Strike feat. I want to unleash devastating attacks that inflict serious damage, then use abilities like arcane channelling into my attacks for vampiric touch to heal my health, as well as use manuevers, consumables and other things to keep me alive.

Keep in mind, my opponents are as incredibly overpoweredly broken as I am, I just need to make sure I can maintain the level playing field. I want to be able to compete from our race from 1-20 (yes we earn levels for fighting arenas, first to 20 wins). I want to have some fun conceptual power behind this for slight rp value, but the biggest focus is I have to be devastating, able to survive devastation, and I have the initial idea in my head, the rest is enhancing it and protecting myself.

Other: If at all possible, could the people who help me, list a 1-20 set up, feats and all that. (Yes I do plan on taking skill tricks, hince the points in balance and what not.)
    Last edited by Azureshot; 2007-10-06 at 10:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey there, we are fixing to start a new Eberron campaign at level 1 this coming Sunday. I am planning on playing a Kalashtar Shaper, but as of yet, we do not have anyone who is playing a dedicated healer class. any suggestions on powers/feats I could do to at least partly fill the gap?

Duncan by Abardam, Spike by Quincunx