New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1767
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Temp. View Post
    First, you don't qualify for Stormguard Warrior. You're going to need Iron Heart Aura for that.
    Oh yeah, thanks for catching that. Flaws it is!

Second, you don't seem to have a reliable damage source. It looks like you wanted Stormguard Warrior to do this for you, but for a character without Robilar's Gambit or a reach weapon it's not a great option. Even if you use Trip Shot and stand adjacent to fallen enemies, that's at best an extra 8 damage at the cost of setting your thrower in melee range.
    Bloodstorm Blade's Thunderous Throw ability lets me treat ranged attacks as melee. Full attack with Stormguard Warrior on the first round gives me 8 attacks (3 base + 1 Rapid Shot x 2 Palm Throw). If all attacks land, that's an extra 320 damage on turn 2, plus all the Con damage.

Without reach for attacks of opportunity during your opponents' turns, you're not going to be a great battlefield controller and without damage sources like Sneak Attack or Power Attack you're not going to be the one to actually kill enemies.
    Why won't I be a good controller, anyway? With +26 to trip checks after items (Dex+Int+Cha+4-8), I should be able to take down just about any trippable enemy. Sure, I can't lock them down, but being able to trip at range should make up for that anyway.

...Of course, I could be missing something because I'm not familiar with Petals.
    Petal doesn't have much to do with the build concept, it just has great stat bonuses.
    Last edited by monty; 2008-10-29 at 02:22 PM.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    Yes, you can; but only using the Flurry of Blows ability. You can use your unarmed attack, or any monk weapon, to get two attacks at a penalty of -2/-2.

If your DM gave you the ability to do that without penalty, it really doesn't help you all that much. The penalty decreases by one at 5th level and goes away completely at 11th.

Leaving work now so no time to post a build; be advised that there will be a lot of people (me included) who believe that Monk is the most underpowered class in the PHB.
    Wait, Flurry is supposed to be the dual-wield for fists? But you can Flurry while dual-wielding Monk weapons, can't you? This makes no sense...

And I know the Monk sucks. It's not going to be a very hardcore campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wait, Flurry is supposed to be the dual-wield for fists? But you can Flurry while dual-wielding Monk weapons, can't you? This makes no sense...

And I know the Monk sucks. It's not going to be a very hardcore campaign.
    Okay, let's back up and discuss some of the basics. Any character - any character at all - is capable of making a two-weapon attack. Unless they have a special feat or ability that mitigates this, there is a -6 penalty to your primary hand weapon, and a -10 to your off-hand weapon. So that means a Level 1 Fighter with 10 Strength wielding two longswords would be able to attack with both of them, with a total attack of -5/-9 (he gets +1 from his base attack bonus). Using a light weapon in the off hand decreases this penalty, as does having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. If you have both, your base penalty is down to -2/-2 (so our example Fighter would be at -1/-1). Normally you can only make one off-hand attack per round; Improved and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting allow you to make additional attacks when your base attack bonus is high enough to allow you additional attacks per round.

It's important to note that using a Two-Weapon attack is an Attack Action. This means that you can both move and make an attack with both of your weapons in the same round. You can also only add half of your strength modifier to your off-hand damage.

The Monk's Flurry of Blows ability looks like it does the same thing as Improved TWF at first level, however there are some subtle and important differences. The first very important difference is that using the Flurry of Blows is a Full-Attack action. You can only take a five-foot step if you want to use the ability. Second, Flurry of Blows only works with a few of the weapons Monks are proficient with (kama, sai, nunchaku, quarterstaff, shuriken, and siangham), as well as with Unarmed Strike. The TWF tree applies to any weapon the character happens to pick up. Third, the Flurry of Blows ability has the special bonus of adding your full strength bonus to the damage of all weapons or unarmed strikes.

In general, remember that the Monk can make Unarmed strikes with any part of their body - feet, head, elbows, knees, whatever. It's not just fists. So a Monk always has about 9 standard weapons (and if you get real technical, as many weapons as he has body parts ) unless he's crippled or unable to move for some reason. He can make an unarmed strike even if both of his arms are tied behind his back. For that reason, as well as the ability to use some of the Monk weapons, you shouldn't think of Flurry as "TWF for fists." It's more of a crazy-fast kung fu show.

There are several entries in the D20 FAQ about Monks combining Flurry of Blows and TWF. You might want to check it out just to get a better feel for the rules. They're not very useful in practice, since combining them results in pretty bad penalties to your attacks, even if a Monk spends the feats on TWF. But you'll have better things to spend your feats on. Build coming soon...

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Monk Build, here we are.

The first thing that you really need to realize when you're building a Core-Only Monk, is that you are not a fighter. You aren't going to be doling out 60 damage in a round, and it will be harder for you to go toe-to-toe with a bad guy due to your smaller hit die and (likely) lower AC. The ideal party role for you is fifth wheel. You're the tactical go-to guy, the disarmer, the flanker, the assistant (or primary) scout. You're also the guy who scrapes up the bodies when you need to beat a hasty retreat.

For your race, I would recommend Human. Half-Orc is tempting, with its +2 Str; but the loss of a feat and two skill points per level (-2 INT and you won't be getting the human's bonus) isn't worth it.

One of the biggest problems with Monks is their reliance on so many ability scores. I would recommend that you prioritize them like this: Wisdom (most important), Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Charisma (least important).

For skills, you should put ranks in Tumble until you automatically get a 15. Max out Listen, Move Silently, Hide, and Spot.

1 Stunning Fist (Monk)
    1 Improved Grapple (standard 1st-level feat, requires Dex 13)
    1 Dodge (human)
    2 Deflect Arrows (Monk)
    3 Mobility (3rd-level feat)
    6 Improved Disarm (Monk)
    6 Improved Natural Attack* (6th-level feat)
    9 Spring Attack (9th-level feat)
    12 Improved Critical: Unarmed Strike (12th-level feat)
    15 Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike)
    18 .... whatever seems good to you.

* Improved Natural Attack can be found on page 304 of the Monster Manual. It's technically Core, and technically available to PC races. If the DM doesn't allow it, you can substitute something else for it - possibly Spring Attack, or Combat Expertise; or move up Improved Initiative and choose something else for your 9th-level feat.

If you can persuade your DM to allow one single splatbook, Book of Exalted Deeds should be it. In that, you will find the "Intuitive Attack" feat. Take that as your third-level feat if you can - it takes priority over the rest of the feats. And if you can get it, your stat priority will shift. Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution, Strength, Intelligence, Charisma.

If you do get BoED in the game, under no circumstances should you take the Vow of Poverty feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Akbar
    It's a trap!
    Last edited by Telonius; 2008-10-29 at 08:05 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

I could be missing something, but why Dodge and Mobility? Sure, you're going to be taking AoOs if you're moving a lot, but anything that poses a serious melee threat to you is probably going to hit anyway, and there's got to be other useful but less situational feats.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

I agree, Dodge and Mobility seem, well, pretty useless. As a monk you're simply going to get hit in combat, in regards to Dodge a +1 to AC to a single opponent for the expense of a much-coveted feat seems like it could well be spent elsewhere (such as improved trip, combat expertise, combat reflexes, or a lot of others). As far as Mobility goes, that's why tumble is a class skill for Monks, and even if you have to move half-speed, that's why you have a crazy-high speed. Spring Attack would definitely be worth it, if you're looking for more battlefield control, combined with Improved Trip (because regardless of your stats hitting touch AC is never hard) and then you get a +4 to attack that downed opponent and move on. They'll never catch you if they have to use a move-action to get up and then the rest of their action to get closer (and probably not even to) you.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

:facepalm: Argh, that's what was bothering me. Took out Spring Attack for INA at 6, and forgot to put it back in. Fixed now.

Regarding Improved Trip, I've found it's generally not as useful as Improved Disarm. If the Monk is fighting something that's bigger than he is, he's most likely not going to win an opposed strength check, even with the +4, because of his MAD. If he's fighting something that's the same size, there's a decent chance that it's an armed humanoid. Disarm it, and the threat is neutralized. If you don't take Imp Trip as the bonus 6th-level feat, it costs two feats (Combat Expertise and Imp Trip) to get it - I don't think the benefit is good enough for the cost.
    Last edited by Telonius; 2008-10-29 at 08:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

eek Re: Character Builder Thread

Monk Build, here we are.
    If you do get BoED in the game, under no circumstances should you take the Vow of Poverty feat.
    Hm. Care to explain?

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

If you're playing in a standard wealth-by-level game, you'll be able to get the same bonuses that the Vow provides by buying them in item form. The bonus feats are kind of shiny, but you run out of useful ones after a couple of levels. Vow of Poverty does not make monks awesome. Vow of Poverty makes Monks (and other characters) that don't own any items, suck less.

There's only one situation where it makes mechanical sense: if you're playing in a low-wealth or low-magic-item campaign.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Bugbear in the Playground

frown Re: Character Builder Thread

It's important to note that using a Two-Weapon attack is an Attack Action. This means that you can both move and make an attack with both of your weapons in the same round.
    That is one of the best house rules for TWF, but unfortunately RAW is different:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks.
    Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books.
    E. G. Gygax

Lawful member of the Hinjo fanclub
    Treegrappler of the Durkon fanclub

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. You know, I've read that section before, but that particular rule never jumped out at me - must be because I was looking for TWF rules in the Attack and Two Weapon Fighting sections whenever I was researching it. I don't think I've ever been in a campaign that made the distinction.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Hey Guys, I looking for a classic, The Warrior Mage. My friend and I cannot decide on how to make the best build for one, so I decided to come to you, the pros. I want a from scratch, level by level break down of it. I know that sounds like a lot, and I am sorry to ask, my DM usually asks for a 1 to 20 build of the characters we use. Optimization is preferred.

2. Here are the requirements we are allowed to use by our DM:
    a. All books from all 3.5 edition Wotc Settings are ok except for Psionics, Incarnum, Book of Exalted Deeds, and even though it should go without saying, Unearthed Arcana. Oriental Adventures is out, too.
    b. All races are fine, but I prefer elves. Any kind of elf is fine. No level adjustments. Period.
    c. Go crazy. Only rule is that there is a limit. Two base classes, two prestige classes.
    d. Roll 4d6, drop the lowest die and add them together. Reroll 1's.
    e. No evil. I prefer Chaotic Good, but hey, don't let that stop you.
    f. House Rules: Eschew Materials is a free feat for all mages in our world. Keeping up with material components sucks. Other than that, we are pretty standard.
    g. Concept: Like I said, I am going for the warrior style mage. I want him to be able to do a lot of magical damage to soften up enemies and then do some quick finishing work with his blade if needed. Kind of like an artillery unit and a skirmisher mixed together. He needs to focus more on offensive spells, summons, and buffs, so no need to worry about enchantments or illusions.
    h. Other: I don't really have a party or campaign to go with this character, but usually we always have a rouge type and a warrior type. I'm also a cleric player, but I am tired of being the healer. Most of the time, we start out in the woods or in a small town, and work our way across a lot of regions and cities. No real "theme" to the campaigns, except for one water campaign, but I doubt we will play that one again.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't sound like you'd really want a Batman-type caster, more of a blasty-mage. So, just off the top of my head:

Warmage will give you basically what you want, out of the can. Nice and blasty, can cast in armor, simple weapon proficiency. It's evocation-focused, though; so no buffs or summons unless you UMD some scrolls.

You might also think about Sorcerer6/Fighter1/Spellsword1/Eldritch Knight10/Sorcerer2. Substitute Sorcerer for Eldritch Knight, if you want to lose only one caster level and still cast in armor. Personally I'd prefer this route if you feel the need for summoning and buffing.

Mechanically weaker, but a CG Warlock could fit the character concept. (Hellfire Warlock would be even better, but if I'm not mistaken there's an alignment restriction).

Outside the box suggestion: Cleric with the Magic and War domains, stock up on wands of Orb spells.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, thanks for tackling this, Telonius. I really needed the help.

Warmage will give you basically what you want, out of the can. Nice and blasty, can cast in armor, simple weapon proficiency. It's evocation-focused, though; so no buffs or summons unless you UMD some scrolls.
    Thanks but no thanks. In the end, Warmages are too focused on only evocation to be god at really anything else.

You might also think about Sorcerer6/Fighter1/Spellsword1/Eldritch Knight10/Sorcerer2. Substitute Sorcerer for Eldritch Knight, if you want to lose only one caster level and still cast in armor. Personally I'd prefer this route if you feel the need for summoning and buffing.
    That is a good idea. My friend was arguing for the classic Wizard/Fighter/Eldritch Knight. This is a nice substitute for that. Casting in armor isn't a major focus of this character, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Mechanically weaker, but a CG Warlock could fit the character concept. (Hellfire Warlock would be even better, but if I'm not mistaken there's an alignment restriction).
    Not a fan of Warlocks. Like you said, the good ones are always weaker than the evil ones and since evil is out in my campaign, there isn't much of a point.

Outside the box suggestion: Cleric with the Magic and War domains, stock up on wands of Orb spells.
    Now, the cleric player in me squealed a little when you said that. It is a good idea. Especially Clerics of Mystra with the Initiate of Mystra feat. I may try that, though the idea was to get away from divine casters.

Now, I like Telonius's ideas, but if anyone else has an idea, feel free to share it. Thanks.
    Currently Playing:

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Paladin 2/sorcerer 3/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/EK 8
    BAB +18
    Spells/day: sorc 17 (8th level)
    CL: 18
    Abjurations are swift actions (good for buffing)
    Great saves due to the Cha sinergy.

Spellsword is a bit crucial there, but you're taking Abj. Cha. to the end and you could argue that completet PrCs do not count towards the limit... If this doesn't fly go with

Paladin 2/sorcerer 3/EK 1/Abjurant champion 5/EK +7

it looks the same but it's not. You're one caster level behind for a looong time

If you don't want to be LG, get Fighter and Wizard instead of Pal/Sorc. You lose Cha sinergy but get 9th level spells :).
    Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books.
    E. G. Gygax

Lawful member of the Hinjo fanclub
    Treegrappler of the Durkon fanclub

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

wink Re: Character Builder Thread

Huh. You know, I've read that section before, but that particular rule never jumped out at me - must be because I was looking for TWF rules in the Attack and Two Weapon Fighting sections whenever I was researching it. I don't think I've ever been in a campaign that made the distinction.
    Being able to always attack with both weapons would make Dual Strike kind of pointless too.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Paladin 2/sorcerer 3/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/EK 8
    BAB +18
    Spells/day: sorc 17 (8th level)
    CL: 18
    Abjurations are swift actions (good for buffing)
    Great saves due to the Cha sinergy.

Spellsword is a bit crucial there, but you're taking Abj. Cha. to the end and you could argue that completet PrCs do not count towards the limit... If this doesn't fly go with

Paladin 2/sorcerer 3/EK 1/Abjurant champion 5/EK +7

it looks the same but it's not. You're one caster level behind for a looong time

If you don't want to be LG, get Fighter and Wizard instead of Pal/Sorc. You lose Cha sinergy but get 9th level spells :).
    I like the Wizard/Fighter idea. I couldn't pull off the Paladin code. I doubt I could argue the 1 level of Spellsword, either. My DM is pretty strict about that. Still, 9th level spells, high base attack bonus, and spell bonus to Abujuration? That is freaking awesome. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
    Currently Playing:

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Making some adjustments because I misread an ability and forgot a prerequisite:

Petal Factotum 3 / Marshal 1 / Warblade 1 / Bloodstorm Blade 4 / Master Thrower 5
    Str 6 Dex 31 Con 16 Int 20 Wis 10 Cha 22

Flaws:
    2 of them
    Feats:
    1 Point Blank Shot
    1 Precise Shot
    1 Far Shot
    3 Rapid Shot
    6 Ironheart Aura
    8 Weapon Focus (Dagger)
    9 Stormguard Warrior
    12 Concealed Ambush

Thrown weapon tricks:
    Palm Throw
    Trip Shot
    Weak Spot

Equipment:
    +6 Gloves of Dexterity
    +6 Headband of Intellect
    +6 Cloak of Charisma
    +1 Wounding Dagger x2
    6000ish gold left over

Any further suggestions to this?
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

1. Level by level
    a) PHB, DMG, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage, Player's Guide to Faerun, Lost Empires of Faerun, Exalted Deeds
    b) Human
    c) Wizard with at least 1 level of fighter. Any prc class
    d) Rolled 18,18,12,12,12,10
    e) NG

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Allando97 View Post
    1. Level by level
    a) PHB, DMG, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage, Player's Guide to Faerun, Lost Empires of Faerun, Exalted Deeds
    b) Human
    e) NG
    Wow, that sounds a lot like my own request. I had to do a little work on it, why don't you try this. I added a full 1-20 build and all the saves and the Base Attack Bonus progression. No alignment restrictions, no race restrictions, and only a loss of 2 caster levels. Not bad, if I say so myself. Of course, I must give credit to Rad, who gave me the idea first. Many props to him.
    Character Level BAB Fort Ref Will
    CL 1-Wizard 1 +0 +0 +0 +2
    CL 2-Fighter 1 +1 +2 +0 +2
    CL 3-Wizard 2 +2 +2 +0 +3
    CL 4-Wizard 3 +2 +3 +1 +3
    CL 5-Wizard 4 +3 +3 +1 +4
    CL 6-Wizard 5 +3 +3 +1 +4
    CL 7-Eldritch Knight 1 +4 +5 +1 +4
    CL 8-Eldritch Knight 2 +5 +6 +1 +4
    CL 9-Eldritch Knight 3 +6 +6 +2 +5
    CL 10-Abjurant Champion 1 +7 +6 +2 +7
    CL 11-Abjurant Champion 2 +8 +6 +2 +8
    CL 12-Abjurant Champion 3 +9 +7 +3 +8
    CL 13-Abjurant Champion 4 +10 +7 +3 +9
    CL 14-Eldritch Knight 4 +11 +8 +3 +9
    CL 15-Eldritch Knight 5 +12 +8 +4 +10
    CL 16-Eldritch Knight 6 +13 +9 +5 +11
    CL 17-Eldritch Knight 7 +14 +9 +5 +11
    CL 18-Eldritch Knight 8 +15 +10 +5 +11
    CL 19-Eldritch Knight 9 +16 +10 +6 +12
    CL 20-Eldritch Knight 10 +17 +11 +6 +12

If you are only allowed one PRC, just drop the Abjurant Champion levels and go straight through Eldritch Knight, then finish off the rest with wizard. It is almost the same, just with a slightly lower base attack bonus and a loss of some cool class abilities.
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2008-11-01 at 07:23 PM.
    Currently Playing:

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Allando97 View Post
    1. Level by level
    b) Human
    e) NG
    Could you elaborate a little on what exactly you want with that? For example, is the fighter level to make a gish, or are you taking it for story reasons, or what? What exactly do you want to be able to do?
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Could you elaborate a little on what exactly you want with that? For example, is the fighter level to make a gish, or are you taking it for story reasons, or what? What exactly do you want to be able to do?
    Purely for story reasons. I want as much spellcasting as possible and where should i put my second 18? Const or dex?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitely Con. The extra Dex shouldn't be necessary for most touch attacks, and your AC is going to suck anyway, but you can always use more hit points.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Definitely Con. The extra Dex shouldn't be necessary for most touch attacks, and your AC is going to suck anyway, but you can always use more hit points.
    I have to agree. If you are getting hit by enemies, then you are probably doing something wrong unless you were going for an armored mage, which, as far as I can tell, isn't what you want.
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2008-11-02 at 05:28 PM.
    Currently Playing:

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm looking for a prestige class that fits a charismatic con man rouge. I'm human and i'm chaotic netural (with a tendancy to lean towards good). I have lots of books except psionics stuff ( psionics aren't allowed anyway) Oh, and were playing 3.5 edition.
    Last edited by Pictogram; 2008-11-04 at 08:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Q.289 (3.5 Edition)

Introduction : My Character (Synad Psychic Warrior) is on the verge of death and I am starting to loose the feeling of fun while playing with Psionic Powers.
    I want to be the special member of our party as we already have a tank, a skillful rogue, a damage-dealer, a sorceress and ...sometimes... a ranger!:P.!

Books to use : All books of 3.5 edition can be used, but not homebrew things...

Concept : I want to play a Duskblade.. Probably a Human because of its bonus feat, but I usually go for something far more exotic... I want to be the Melee Channeler Duskblade and have few utility spells too.

Things I want for the character : From all the feats, there are 3 I like to get. I like Obtain Familiar (though I may not get it) and I want Sudden Empower and Sudden Maximize (to have my killer move ready at 13th level). I want to use a Greatsword or a Longsword / Shield and probably a Full Plate if I can obtain without Arcane Spell Failure Chance. I don't like to have many ranged spells (though I want a few ones) and I surely won't use ranged weapons...

Extra Info : My DM has given us an extra feat (gift :P) and has allowed us to take up to 3 traits and 3 flaws.

Ability Scores : We roll 5d6 and get the higher results, rerolling all 1s for each Ability Score. We do this two times and get the higher results. We can take 2 score points from one ability and put 1 score point in another.

Money and such : In this campaign we don't get much money and all of it goes to our academy so that we can stay in it. We gain few magic items. but we take 2 Free Masterwork Weapons from our academy.

Deity : I prefer to have no patron deity in D&D, but this time I'll start believing at Rayzold, a campaign-bound deity, whose dominions are Wrath, Death and one more I can't remember :P. He's CG and he is known as the Slayer of the Gods by few. (I think he is from Ebberon and he served as a servant to the Demon Lord of the 1st Layer of Hell) His favorite weapon is Talenta Sharassh, in Ebberon campaign setting.

I may later take levels in Sanctified One (CDiv) of Rayzold or something similar...
    I also don't want to be the crazy damage dealer, but I wanna shine and do best what I know to do!

Thank you guys!

PLZ HELP ASAP GUYS!
    Last edited by DemetriX; 2008-11-07 at 01:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pictogram View Post
    I'm looking for a prestige class that fits a charismatic con man rouge. I'm human and i'm chaotic netural (with a tendancy to lean towards good). I have lots of books except psionics stuff ( psionics aren't allowed anyway) Oh, and were playing 3.5 edition.
    Spymaster from Complete Adventurer, Mountebank from Complete Scoundrel, and Uncanny Trickster from Complete Scoundrel might interest you. Though honestly, Rogue19/anything else1 would give you a perfectly serviceable conman.

If you're really just looking to play a conman, and don't care much about the Rogue abilities, Bard offers a slightly better option. The Bard's charisma will fuel your bluff checks, and many of his spells also promote trickery. If you opt for a conman rogue, and really focus on increasing charisma, some of your combat ability will suffer.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're really just looking to play a conman, and don't care much about the Rogue abilities, Bard offers a slightly better option. The Bard's charisma will fuel your bluff checks, and many of his spells also promote trickery.
    You want Glibness.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

allright, I've never played an archivest, factotum, or beguiler before, and want to try one, so I'am turning to the good folks of this thread to help me.

Stuff you'll need to know:

Setting/system: D&D 3.5, in the iron kingdoms.

Books: the archivist and factotum arte the only things outside of the complete series, core, and the Iron kingdoms campaign setting I can use.
    I have acceses to most of the No quarter! magazines.

Other party members: The DMpc, a Arcane Mechanic, the other Dmpc-ish guy, A fighter, a gobber rogue (I think), A gobber bodger/combat alchemist, An elven ranger who plans on going into rifleman, sometimes a cleric of morrow, and a Rogue (rouge?) who wants to go into pistoleer.

Fluff: The charcters are a special forces unit in the employ of Cygnar. each of the charcters know why they are in the army, but not why the others are.
    We've just started recently, so I don't know much about anyone else.
    At the moment, the party is on the way to Lelail (SP?), and is trapped in a forest full of barrow mogs. The wagon we used to get here has had it's horses killed, and we can only move anywhere by having a semi functional steam engine being made by the arcane mechanic and bodger.

Ability scores and level: we are level 3 at the moment, but are planning on getting to level 15-20 by the end of the campaign. our abilites are done with 31 point buy.

Money and gear: we don't have a formal starting money cost, so we can get a decent amount of kit if it makes sense for the charcter. nothing really, really expensive, however.

Cheese level needed: moderate to high. The bodger is apperntly very powerbuilt, and the fighter and ranger are have some cheese planned for future levels, too. The other combat charcters are strong, so I don't want to be useless in combat, but highly overshadowing the other players isnt good.

Class and charcter concept: The classes I was interested in were archivist, Factotum, and beguiler. For prestige classes, I don't have a very good idea, except for Malconvoker. For the concept, I'd like to have a charcter who was a mage being hunted by elven mage hunters, as well as mage guild wizards. The mage guild is after him for stealing research documents for himself.

I'll add in any details needed when asked for. the rp aspect of my charcter is importent, but I need to talk with the dm more to be able to have a real idea of what the charctrer is like.

thanks in advanced!
    If I wasnt clear enough, or missed something, please let me know.
    trill in da playground

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Q290
    The Grey Whirlwind

System: Pathfinder Beta, items can be from 3.5 DMG and d20 srd.

Progression: Level by Level

Race: Human, though other races are fine if necessary. Gnomes may not go over so well with DM.

Ability Scores: Point Buy, 20 points.

Alinement: Lawful Good.

Class: Cleric(/monk levels if needed) or visa the versa

Concept: Healer who can reach her comrades on the far side of the battle feild, as well as put at least some hurt on anyone who gets in her way. Not a major damage dealer, but so dexterous that she is almost impossible to hit.
    Cheese: Efficient, but without feeling as if it is 'taking advantage' of the idiosyncrasies of the rules.

Other: I am trying to make a character like Jasmine Lee from The Life and Times of Juniper Lee, or a kindlier, more healing based Cologne type from Ranma 1/2 .
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2008-11-10 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding