Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Future (IC)

Triad Systems Conference (Esp. ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

To call the negotiations smooth would be lying. The three systems have a long history of wars and betrayals. The Republic of Ross, emboldened by its new space defenses and House Varulf support, take more aggressive stance, then usual. They try to get both True Terran Fleet and People's Democratic Republic of Ross to take the blame for starting the Triad Wars.

The issues of the military and trade are hotly debated. It is apparent each side fears espionage and surprise attacks. While they all trust that House Varulf will maintain impartiality and balance between the systems, the fact is, Varulf itself lacks military force to enforce loyalty of systems to the provincial system.

Another point for contention is foreign policy. True Terran Fleet favours strong action against ''threats to humanity'', while PDRR and Republic of Ross favor diplomacy.
    The negotiations drag on and it is currently unclear, whether they will reach a successful conclusion.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Triad Systems Conference(GM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The House Varulf defensive Espionage systems are offered to be installed to the most important locations in the Systems. They are much higher-grade than what the Triad Systems have to break them with.

Any province caught in hostile action towards another province directly or indirectly will face consequences from an alliance of the other three, possibly including but not limited to:
    1: A full embargo - nothing moves through the Gates until the situation is resolved.
    2: Depending on the affront in question, military action. House Varulf will modify ++ worth of ships into an offensive fleet capable of warp travel. Every other participant is required to contribute at least half of their military if the Council determines that action must be taken.
    3: Political and diplomatic repercussions - Especially if the action was minor. (This is to try and get the three to compete about political power in the Council instead of waging actual war.)

Any external power caught in hostile action towards any of the provinces will face the full might of all four.

Foreign policy - The Varulf try to maneuver for diplomacy towards human factions and negotiating only from a position of strength towards alien threats - no aliens will be permitted to attack humans but if they stay in their own systems and aren't clearly preparing for an offensive into Human space, diplomacy is possible.

House Varulf refuses to take a stance about the Triad Wars - history is history and blaming each other is not useful right now.
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-02-24 at 02:58 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

GDF to Trantis Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    We accept your offer. Assuming of course you have enough supplies to meet all our needs.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trantis Coalition (esp.++)

To GDF and GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    We should have enough supplies; if we begin to run out we will notify you.
    (so naturally, Thelonius, will I have enough supplies?)

Gm Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    The prices of my supplies are indeed a discount and cheaper than other nations/corporations/federations/whatever would offer, but they of course still give me a profit. The way I think it would work, is if in their EoT they give economy to the Trantis Coalition for war supplies, they get more than they otherwise would have gotten from that economy, and I get a portion (perhaps 1/2 or 1/3) of the economy sent to me. Sounds good?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

To K'Krex (Esp. ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your warships leave YZ Ceti for their destination as per your orders. The salvage of destroyed ships has began.

YZ Ceti (Esp. +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your forces on the ground come under heavy fire from Anarchist militia. They have used mining machinery to dig tunnels to your pre-fabricated bases and managed to breach perimeter on two out of five of them. Your commanders request either immediate fire support from Destroyers or a speedy evacuation.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Can you specify their route? Missed the bit about doing repairs in transit, I'll assume your ships have already made some progress in their travel.

Triad Systems Conference (Esp. ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Varulf proposition allows to make some headway in the negotiations. The question is asked how powerful the defensive systems will be.

True Terran Fleet raises the question of YZ Ceti - should the human system be reclaimed from the K'Krex. The People's Democratic Republic of Ross seems to cautiously support the proposal. The Republic of Ross is vehemently opposed, nearly coming to blows with True Terran Fleet.

The discussions actually reach the topic of government organization. RDRR provides full support to the House Varulf. True Terran Fleet isn't that interested in civilian government, but they demand greater influence in the military and use this issue as a leverage. Republic of Ross appears concerned with the complicated bureaucracy, that might lead to uneven distribution of power. They want to make each province to have an equal voice.

To Solaris Inc., GDF, K'Krex
    Spoiler
    Show

An arrival of large fleet of warships is detected at Warp Gate to Procyon.

To Hive Mind
    Spoiler
    Show

Your fleet arrives to ZT Cancri.

You detect a collection of ships belonging to GDF, Solaris and K'Krex near the inhabitable planet. You are several hours away from their position.

To distant quasar
    Spoiler
    Show

They need to dedicate Economy to purchase of supplies. You need to dedicate economy/technology to production of supplies. You get a certain increase to your economy, they to their military. The increase will depend on how much business sense this deal makes and outside factors.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-02-25 at 05:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Triad Systems Conference (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show

++++ Def Espionage seem fine?

To the matter of YZ Ceti - why exactly is Republic of Ross so opposed? Anyway, we'll propose that we support the other human initiatives to reclaim the world - the GDF and Solaris are fighting the K'Krex and Light Shipyards will probably support the Anarchists as well if our information is accurate. If these initiatives don't make progress, we can begin planning our own operation.

We try to privately make it clear to the Republic of Ross that if each province has an equal amount of say, then that means that the True Terran Fleet and RDRR can easily stop any political initiatives they do not like from happening, which would result in pretty much nothing getting done. As noted before, House Varulf is not only the strongest faction but the one most impartial, the one initiating these talks, the one with the most interest in keeping the Triad Systems stable and the one providing help to the other three in the form of defensive systems and economical help. Therefore, the system's proposed tiebreaker capability, which we already need to avoid a deadlock of provinces vetoing everything, should go to us.

ArcaneStomper (ONLY HIM!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bridge of the Wolf
    A junior officer frowns at his console. There's something wrong with this situation... but there's this weird feeling about it.

It comes as a flash. He jumps to his feet and runs to a nearby console, shoving another crewmember aside. Then he fiddles with the controls, setting the ship's shields to full power, full spectrum - cutting off even communications from outside, leaving no power for the engines or weapons.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Captain! I just realized something I need to tell you! Keep the shields on for now!"

The Captain, Lethan Nome, and the Officer, named Fin Maran, huddle up in a corner to speak privately. The other people on the bridge stare at them curiously.

"Well, what is it?"
    "It just struck me, sir... the only things I can think of that would explain what's happening in this system are either extremely advanced technology the likes of which we cannot even imagine... or something affecting our minds."
    "Wait... you mean... the engine traces. That dreadnought. Those screams... and the malfunctions? Holy- you might be right. We need to figure this out right away."
    "Brainwaves use electricity, so I thought with maximum EM shielding, even with added EMP detonations..."
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-02-25 at 09:17 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #157

Trantis Coalition (esp. ++)

GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    How many supplies to you think you will be needing, so that we will know how much to produce for you.

GM Thelonius
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll use however much economy they think they need, and if they don't have an idea I'll use +++ temp. economy and devote ++ technology to making supplies. The scientist and workers normally on the Plasma Fusion Project will be on this project instead.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

GDF to Trantis Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently +++ of our fleet is either in battle or live-fire training. They will require enough supplies to allow them to continue this indefinitely.

In the future we may also need to you to supply the rest of our fleet. Our full size is +++++.

Lewin Vidar (Arms dealer) to Hive Mind (Esp: +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. My sources inform me that you are planning to invade earth. A bold move, if somewhat hasty. You certainly have the military strength this, but the losses would be substantial.

I can help you make the process easier. I'm talking about weapons of mass destruction. Fission Bombs, Fusion Bombs, Ion Bombs, Photonic Resonance Cannons, Plasma Launchers. Any of these devices could easily tip the scales in your favour. My prices are very reasonable. Contact me if you're interested.

Gawain Diarmand (assassin) to Republic of Ross (Esp +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello. I've been watching you with interest for some time. I most say i'm impressed. What you've been able to achieve on your planet is quite amazing.

Unfortunately the 'True' Terran Fleet don't seem to realize this. I mean, they had the nerve to declare war on you? preposterous! I know thats all over now, but they still don't show you the respect you deserve.

The Triad System Conferences are a very important thing for your nation. It could allow you to advance in any number of wondrous directions. Unfortunately, House Varulf is managing the conferences. They don't know what the 'True' Terran Fleet is like. If House Varulf listens to them, all your hard work could be wasted.

There is a solution however. I have contacts who can help arrange an 'incident' that should show House Varulf what the TTF is really like. Contact me if you're interested.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-25 at 06:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Republic of Ross (Esp. ++)
    Spoiler
    Show

A warrant for arrest of Gawain Diarmand is issued, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To Anarchist Fleet (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well than. We accept your offer and will help repair your ships at the same rate we would charge anyone else for repairs

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the House Vanulf ship doing in response to its people's distress calls and what else is happening right now?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

To House Varulf Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    After consulting with the scientists it is determined that the visual spectrum is most likely not what would be used to manipulate the human brain. So after some tinkering on the shields a small slice is opened up and visual scans taken of the outside.

Despite the fact that they are only able to use a few telescopes the sensor techs' results are striking. First the dreadnought is quite definitely still there. In fact it is in the same orbit around the gas giant as it was when they first found. Second the scout vessel is both closer to the Light Shipyard's ship than it's previously reported position and is sporting several modifications that are definitely not standard House Varulf tech. Of course without the more advanced sensors to work with it is impossible to tell what those modifications are, but they do look ominous.

To the Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Something strange has happened with the House Varulf ship. It has raised it's shields completely, farther even than normal combat procedure. Sensors are just bouncing off the silver cocoon which now envelops their ship, but the sensor techs report that the only reason for them to raise that level of shielding was if they were trying to block the entire electromagnetic spectrum. On the other hand though it hasn't sent any sort of combat alert, or any communications at all in fact.

Other than that there isn't anything going on other than the continued pleas from the survey ship to rescue them.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will try hailing the House Varulf ship again. We will try on multiple signals to try and slip past by using signals to broad to be deflected. I want to know why they've increased their shields.

Just in case I'll do another scan of both the system and the damaged ship as well as go to full battle stations.

I'll begin prepping a squad of marines to go into the damaged ship. They will wear full quaratine gear, and an area will be set up as a quaratine if necessary. They won't leave yet, I want to see what the House Varulf ship does next first.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper(And others in-system):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wolf opens up Comms channels to the two Assault ships. "Christ, get away from that ship, it's a trap! The Dreadnought is affecting our minds somehow, it's still in the system orbiting the gas giant! Repeat, orders are to retreat towards us now! We'll experiment with our shields to figure out what it is exactly we need to block."

And so we do - one spectrum at a time and with automatic routines ready to put the shields back on if our crew is suddenly incapacitated.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Crew of the ACS Amerigo are somewhat confused, but attempt to do as the Wolf says, and pull back.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

The Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper + Others in system
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well. We will wait one hour before trying to provoke the target into revealing itself."

My ship will retreat towards the Wolf and stay in holding position near it. All signals from the 'damaged' ship will be ignored. An eye will be kept on it anyways just in case it tries to move or attack.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Sthuthid Federation

For the first time, a Sthuthid electromagnetic signal pulses through the void of space. The signal is propelled on a Tachyon beam, faster than light, directly towards the Homeworlds of all known factions.

The Sthuthid people spoke many of the galaxies' languages from centuries of listening, but elected not to use the languages in their opening message.

Instead, they went with a very clear mathematical sequence.

[the transmission is clusters of beeps corresponding to the first twenty prime numbers in base 14]. At the end of the transmission, a single word in the native language of all recipients was selected.

"Friend."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2011-02-27 at 10:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167

Trantis Coalition (esp.++)

GDF
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well. Your supplies will begin being produced. Any you do not need we will hold in reserve if your full fleet should need action. The cost will be (++++ temp. economy)
    Last edited by distant quasar; 2011-02-27 at 10:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

To the Light Shipyards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    Again nothing seems to have changed as the exploration ship pulls back. Nothing that is until the alarm klaxons start blaring. The ship's forward shields were just overloaded, and the hull has been breached in that area. Curiously there doesn't appear to be anything on sensors that could have done that. In fact external sensors are showing no breach. Also oddly enough the alarms seem to be turning on and off at odd intervals.

To House Varulf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    An alarmed sensor tech runs up to the captain and reports that the situation has escalated. The scout vessel has been closing on the Light Shipyards exploration ship the entire time and appears to have just fired on it with some kind of plasma lance. By all appearances it looks to be preparing to board. Unfortunately given the lag in visual sensors this has most likely already happened. And worse the results of the shield cycling reveal that multiple frequencies are being used to jam the crew's minds. It will take some time to determine the exact set, and until then attempting to engage in combat will leave the Wolf vulnerable to the dreadnought's mental influences.

To Ascension Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lalande 21185
    As the Amerigo pulls back it's sensors still detect nothing. The only things of note in the system are the three exploration ships and the damaged scout vessel. You have no idea what the Wolf is talking about.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

ISREC to the Sthuthid Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Friend"

ISREC to ArcaneStomper (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) We will allow the Russians to assist us in making the warp gate.

2) The profits of increased mining should be obvious now the Russians have access to the wider galaxy. They can sell their excess materials to other factions for money or other resources.

3) The size of the docking bay is interesting, but it could mean any number of things. They might have larger mining ships I haven't seen. They might have arrived in a large vessel which they later dismantled, or it might be a military vessel. I don't have enough facts to act yet. Time will tell.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-27 at 11:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    ISREC to the Sthuthid Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Friend"
    Sthuthid Federation

To ISREC
    Spoiler
    Show
    [translated version of Sthuthid culture, up until the space age, the equivalent of a history book. It includes how they learned to speak common galactic languages, through telemetry]
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2011-02-27 at 11:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sensors can't be trusted right now so damage reports have to be confirmed in person. My ship will also begin restarting its systems to try and clear out the bug. (Not the shield system!)
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is the ACS Amerigo. We aren't picking up any other ships in the system. What is the situation?"
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-02-27 at 12:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

''Friends''

The news of Sthuthid Federation message spread across the known space. Tian Technocracy, Star Gods and The Reach send replies, containing information on their history and society's. Tian Technocracy's message is traditionally secretive, while Star Gods's is filled with their mythology and religious concepts.

Anarchists Fleet To Light Shipyards (Esp. +++)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Anarchists begin fixing their ships, a job they are surprisingly good at. They raid the Light Shipyards junkyards buying cheaply the scrapped parts and manage to convert them into functional components.

The news crews take a few interviews. It appears the Anarchists on YZ Ceti are far from finished. They plan to fight K'Krex till the end. Under the effects of recent propaganda campaign a number of Light Shipyards citizens plan to join the guerrilla fighting in YZ Ceti, a prospect that Anarchists don't appear to be too enthusiastic about.

K'Krex on YZ Ceti (Esp. +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show

The anarchists forces are beaten back, but two of the five bases have sustained critical damage. One more was seriously damaged, but it's still salvageable.

24. - Top - End - #174

Trantis Coalition

The Friend message is returned, and a summary of the history and founding of the Trantis Coalition is sent.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

To Arcanestomper and the others in the system:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Orders to everyone! You are to do exactly as we say, however odd it might seem. The Wolf will be transmitting targeting data for you. Do not trust yourselves - your machines should be better off than your minds. We will be devoting everything to finding out what exactly we need the shields to block so we can fight it fair."

The Wolf coordinates the other ships - it'll be slower, but nothing much else to do. They're ordered to stay as much on the defensive as possible, and to attempt to take out the scout ship with a single heavy salvo from both ships before it realizes we can target it. After that, they're simply to regroup, avoid any fire at them by anything else in the system and hope that Wolf gets done with the tests soon.

The New Signal

House Varulf transmits general information of themselves and a request for the same.
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-02-27 at 01:43 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Light Shipyards

To ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll go along with Murska's plan.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Sthuthid signal
    The Ascension Coalition responds with a mathematical pattern of it's own, after some debate, along with a request for further information. The general mood is excitement, and curiosity, though some worry that the people who sent this new frequency apparently know the languages spoken on Alpha Centauri.

To Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crew of the Amerigo are somewhat shocked by the orders, but do follow them, with some murmuring.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-02-27 at 03:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

ISREC

To Sthuthid Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Details of human history up to the modern day, human culture, a dossier on every major faction in the galaxy, and the history of ISREC.]

After this is a message from ISREC Central Command.
    "Greetings. I am Martin Thom, CEO of the Inter-Stellar Research and Exploration Corporation. I have read your peoples histories personally and I must say they are impressive. This spice you speak of seems to be truly wonderful.

My exploration team is nearing completion of it's most recent project. When this is completed we will be free to take on other work. We would be honored if you would grant us the privilege of being the first humans to see your world."

GDF

At DX Cancri
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of our ships moves away from the K'Krex forces and approaches the new fleet. When we get within range we'll try to identify them.

We also release a communication to them.
    "Fleet from Procyon, This is Admiral Trask of the Galactic Defence Force, please identify yourself."

To Trantis Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We can't afford that price."
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-02-28 at 02:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Suula En'Coi

Arcane
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC question: By now you have realized I have a kind of expansionist/incorporationist foreign policy. What are the chances of getting into a one IC/OOC faction if I apply all my resources too it with the trader race?

No specific questions. Since this is an EoT, perhaps you can just give me a lot of information like you did with the system survey?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Sthuthid Federation

To ISREC, The Ascension Coalition, House Varulf, Trantis Coalition, Tian Technocracy, Star Gods, The Reach (all factions, really, these are just the ones who have responded to me so far)

Spoiler
    Show
    [an extended information packet of Sthuthid history and culture, up until the early days of spice harvesting. First and Second Spice Wars are left out.]

We are more than a little pleased to see the atmosphere of the Galaxy is as welcoming of alien customs as the transmissions led us to believe. I admit, there are some among us who insisted the transmissions were false... that space was nothing more than hungry wolves in sheep clothing.

In honor of contact, our Directorate wishes to host a meeting with chosen representatives of the galaxy's largest factions. We wish to address practical concerns--such as connecting our stellar systems to the warp network--as well as more big-picture ideas, such as official recognitions of our sovereignty over our systems.

However, because our systems are not yet connected to the warp, such a meeting cannot take place with reasonable safety on our Homeworld. We are willing to send a ship of representatives through the unpathed warp and hold the conference aboard the ship, if a nearby faction would be willing to have the ship in orbit around one of the planets in their system."

[by the way, the Sthuthid homeworld of Sulgoaad is around the binary-system of Gumbridge 34., and the spice-colony of Cardeen is around Lacaille 9352.]
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2011-02-28 at 09:36 AM.