New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IRL would you be a hero or a villain? Why? How?

my favorite villain?

Spoiler
    Show

this guy
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

If the situation were presented to me and I was in the position to act heroically, I would, I suppose. I lifted a grate and leaped into a storm sewer to help save a trapped baby kitten from drowning/freezing to death once.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

hero and time stop as a power,with time stop you can ,well, stop time.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hero, with the power to heal that includes repairing someone's DNA.

I get a list of all the billionaires with untreatable medical conditions, exchange services for filthy lucre, and then put the filthy lucre to good use attempting to replicate my healing powers (as well as fight the rest of you villainous types). After this, well, there's a lot of people in this world who need fixing.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would perform heroic acts, but I have far too much scorn and hate and cruelty to be a "Hero". A super-science villain, all the way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Since some of worst villains in history thought themselves a hero, it’s hard for me to say. I’m a pretty cynical guy so think most people if they could have powers would abuse it and those who decide to “help” would more than likely gain a messiah complex. So I guess If I had the powers of superman the first thing I would ask the government to do is find a way to kill me, then spend the rest of my days trying to do good before megalomania sets in.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen Flayer View Post
    hero and time stop as a power,with time stop you can ,well, stop time.
    I would totally love time stopping, but only on the condition that I can do it for as long as I want and don't age while time is stopped. Just think - the ability to waste as much time as you want and still have time to spare!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be either an Anti-Villain... or a straight-up Hero Antagonist.

The kind of guy who understands your troubles - holds ideals you can relate to, and even agree with - can be bargained with, can be reasoned with. And who still comes around every once in a while and eradicates everything dear to you.

Because it's demonstrably for your own good.

My power? Absolute control over Entropy, up to and including its total reversal.

Sweer dreams.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: IRL would you be a hero or a villain? Why? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    My power? Absolute control over Entropy, up to and including its total reversal.
    According to wikipedia that would mean total control of useless energy.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, do I?

Also, your powers of a fanzy something will ot defeat my shapeshifting, vile villain!

Prepare to duel till one of us is down and can't breathe from tickle-induced laughter!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

I don't care about the majority or you and will switch sides to suit my goals and whims. However, for the right gel, I'll destroy or save the world, according to her desires.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2011-02-12 at 06:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    According to wikipedia that would mean total control of useless energy.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, do I?
    Ah yes, I didn't realize the phrasing might be incorrect for English.

Anyways - entropy is a measure of how evenly energy is distributed. In closed systems, energy drifts towards being as evenly distributed as possible. When energy is perfectly even, none of it is usable for work - the system becomes stagnant.

So by control over entropy, I mean control over this phenomenom - effectively meaning I can return a closed system to a working condition. In practice, this pretty much equates to being able to create energy out of nothing and rearranging things as I see fit.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #102

I'd probably be either a neutral party or some sort of minor villain, my power? Either Super Intelligence or or complete control of the atomic structure. Set up a small lab somewhere, then do whatever I want.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

If I found myself with superpowers of any kind, I'm sure I'd try to be a hero at first. But I'd think of it as a game too much and eventually take too long playing out the plotlines and drama associated with the situation, and fall into vigilantism in an attempt to take things more seriously. Then I will reach a situation where I would wish these powers would never had come upon me, and I would either be killed by the main villain out of mercy or taken under as a villian.

Yeah, I hope the powers don't come any time soon.
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Definitely, I could never be a villain. I've got too much empathy.
    my thoughts exactly
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

15. - Top - End - #105

Hero. Definitely. And really, all I ask for is shapeshifting and electrokinesis. I'll make my own robot suit, just GIVE ME THE KITTEHS AND TEH TUNDERBOLTS!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Villain, without a shadow of a doubt.

I am a spiteful, lonely person with a drinking problem. If I had superpowers some people would be seriously screwed.

My gimmick would be my power: The Phantom. I pass by you unnoticed, I walk through walls, I watch you without you seeing, I inhabit you to live a day in your life, I take your things because I deserve them more, I kill you for being more successful at life than me.

Yeah...
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-02-25 at 06:08 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    I've been struck by lightning, and it didn't give me a single super-power. (Except possibly the ability to survive being struck by lightning, but I'm not about to test that one out).
    Has there ever been a popular superhero who got their powers from a lightning strike? You've made me curious...

Anyway, it depends on what I got. Anything stealth based, I'd probably start off as a hero and drift into villainy over time. Otherwise I think my moral code would keep me from doing anything too bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Has there ever been a popular superhero who got their powers from a lightning strike? You've made me curious...
    At leas the Flash did, and I'm sure others as well, I just cant think of any right now.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

If I could have a superpower set...can I be Doctor Manhattan? If so, hero (or, at least, meddler who believes himself a hero). If not, I'll take immortality and be a bystander.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

20. - Top - End - #110

I wouldn't be a villain.

I'd be a SUPERvillain.

The difference, you ask?

PRESENTATION!

Yeah, pretty much that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

21. - Top - End - #111

Heroic Sociopath (but Chaotic Neutral, unlike Belkar) or at least anti-hero.

Powers: Either "the power to cloud men's (and women's) minds" or something like Barbarian rage. A healthy dose of charisma would do nicely.

Style: pulp hero, or a modern day barbarian; killing dictators and taking their women making their women love me because I'm just that awesome.
    Last edited by H Birchgrove; 2011-03-01 at 12:33 PM.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd probably fall slightly under the villain category, I'd be a mad scientist. The whole tinkering with things not mean't for mortal minds (TM) just seems appealing to me. I don't think I'd have any dastardly plans, just mind my own business in my volcano lair and research fun things. Bionic implants, zombification techniques, death rays etc.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

You shouldn't even have to ask. My heart is cold and black. The only thing keeping me from being a supervillain would be apathy - I simply don't see the point of their ludicrous, overly-elaborate schemes.

Assuming that anything in any universe is available for powers? I'll take channeling, a la WoT. But I would be subtle - no reason to call attention to myself. Travel into a bank vault and clean it out, hide it somewhere and pay for things with untraceable cash. I don't need a huge house and multiple million dollar cars to be comfortable - I could live for years on the gains from a single heist.

I imagine that I would also make heavy use of Compulsion. Mostly on people in positions of power so that they run things in a way that makes me feel more comfortable. I would be the mastermind, the power behind the throne, whatever you want to call it.

On the side of nice things, I would create a compound where Playgrounders could come to live, so every day would be filled with Kubb and silly meet-up games. But, lest anyone get the wrong impression, it would be merely because I enjoy the company of the people here rather than any desire to do something nice for anyone else.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #114

Depends. If I were sufficiently miserable I could see myself degenerate into madness and become a villian. Then I'd be a mad scientist/evil overlord sort of type, bent on conquering the world and creating a strictly orderly society through fear and oppression.

Otherwise I'd be a sane scientist creating all sorts of fancy toys for the heroes to use against evil and doing research for the benefit of all mankind. Either way, I don't really see myself as a frontline sort of guy.