New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Demotivators II: Return to Unnormal

Your sword is tiny like a baby.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Flickerdart; 2011-03-03 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    To quote Dragon Age: Origin's Zevran: "That is a sexy sword, and I must have it."
    whats this? when did he say this?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    To quote Dragon Age: Origin's Zevran: "That is a sexy sword, and I must have it."
    It can be yours provided you have $10,000 lying around. It weighs about 8 pounds and is 4.5' long.

Doesn't have anything to do with DnD but:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2011-03-03 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Banned

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show

And while we are here...
    Last edited by Cartigan; 2011-03-03 at 09:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    whats this? when did he say this?
    Apparently, if you bring him with you in the Return to Ostagar DLC, he says that upon finding Maric's sword. I think I have a save from just before that, I'm going to see if I can find that line.

EDIT: Yup, found it. Bring Zevran with you, but leave Wynne and Alistair at camp. Loot Cailan's chest, and Zevran speaks up: "That is a sexy sword and I must have it." Wynne and Alistair will override his dialogue if they're present, though.
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2011-03-03 at 09:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Apparently, if you bring him with you in the Return to Ostagar DLC, he says that upon finding Maric's sword. I think I have a save from just before that, I'm going to see if I can find that line.

EDIT: Yup, found it. Bring Zevran with you, but leave Wynne and Alistair at camp. Loot Cailan's chest, and Zevran speaks up: "That is a sexy sword and I must have it." Wynne and Alistair will override his dialogue if they're present, though.
    Yup it is really fun because of how crude Zevran is, I love bringing him to were you get Andrastates Ashes along with Wynne. Totally worth it.
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

7. - Top - End - #1147

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Choco; 2011-03-03 at 09:50 PM.
    Been there, fought that, died horribly.

Something fun and flavorful to get your DM throwing books at you: Katana Chucker

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ah its not that bad at least you get an interesting life
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a Javelin Anti-Tank missile, not a Surface-to-Air missile.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusWolfe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoooaah. Neato. Got a source - specifically date and paper - on that? I'm glad the guy expressed regret at having to kill it, too...
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-03-03 at 11:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Whoooaah. Neato. Got a source - specifically date and paper - on that? I'm glad the guy expressed regret at having to kill it, too...
    Though by his own reasoning the shark's life was worth more then his own anyway.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #1152

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Though by his own reasoning the shark's life was worth more then his own anyway.
    As far as I can tell that wasn't why they killed it, though - it had to be removed from the netting, and it turned out that they couldn't do that without killing it.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as I can tell that wasn't why they killed it, though - it had to be removed from the netting, and it turned out that they couldn't do that without killing it.
    From what I can tell they had to remove it from the tuna pen because it was killing the tuna, but they had to kill it to do it. So the guy killed a shark from an endangered species to save some tuna. Or at least that's how it reads to me, that article doesn't really tell the story well.

EDIT: Besides, I was moreso expressing amusement at his reasoning of 'I know it's an endangered species, but there's only one of me so I choose me' would actually lead to the end point of letting the shark eat him since there's only one of that specific shark AND it's endangered, thus being rarer then the one of him who's a member of a species numbering in the billions.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-03-04 at 12:47 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

The way I read it was that it had gotten stuck in the net, and there was no way to get it back into open water.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

15. - Top - End - #1155

From what I can tell they had to remove it from the tuna pen because it was killing the tuna, but they had to kill it to do it. So the guy killed a shark from an endangered species to save some tuna. Or at least that's how it reads to me, that article doesn't really tell the story well.
    I think (my version of the limited story...) it got stuck in the pen and was both killing tuna and damaging equipment. It was stuck, and they couldn't get it out at all without killing it first. I dunno if maybe they should've called a ranger or something to try to get it out without harming it, but I expect that doing so would've been even more dangerous*, more destructive to the equipment and the tuna, and probably would've killed it anyway - all of this especially true as, depending on where this farm was, it could've taken ages for the ranger to arrive.

*And keeping in mind if they got a ranger or whoever, they're government employees and thus even more subject to OH&S type restrictions.
    EDIT: Besides, I was moreso expressing amusement at his reasoning of 'I know it's an endangered species, but there's only one of me so I choose me' would actually lead to the end point of letting the shark eat him since there's only one of that specific shark AND it's endangered, thus being rarer then the one of him who's a member of a species numbering in the billions.
    Yeah, 'strue.

16. - Top - End - #1156

first attempt I think I tried too hard

Spoiler
    Show
    Pirate avatar thanks to serpentine.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that's silly humans are *many bubbles* and and sharks are *lumpy*. Now if humans were *fingers* that might change something.

18. - Top - End - #1158

except that the only difference between that great white and every single other one in existance is its size. Most animals are completely identical to each other if they are the same species and age and gender, and only the smart animals have a few varied personalities. So he is even more endangered because hes one of a kind, and the other guy is just a stupid fish.
    Part of the "Raise Nale and Let Him Serve Life in Prison" fan-club

"The only reason why people didn't like Durkon before was because he is the only member of the group that doesn't commit evil, like hurting others, or breaking the rules for giggles. I.E.' He's not cool'"

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by Cerlis View Post
    except that the only difference between that great white and every single other one in existance is its size. Most animals are completely identical to each other if they are the same species and age and gender, and only the smart animals have a few varied personalities. So he is even more endangered because hes one of a kind, and the other guy is just a stupid fish.
    This is wrong on a number of levels, including but not limited to:
    - genetics
    - regional and other differences
    - an underestimation of intelligence in animals
    - and overestimation of the necessity for what we consider "intelligence" in the formation of personality
    - an underestimation of the relative significance of mere "stupid fish" in the ecological context
    and so on.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    What fairy tale would that be?
    That is the tale of the girl who was shoved into the river by her jealous sister and remade as a harp by a wandering bard. Except she was a compulsive liar and might have jumped in herself to get her sister killed because she was jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #1161

Ooooh, I think I've heard that one or something similar. The bard took three golden hairs from her head and used them to string her harp. Later he played at the wedding party for the girl's sister and the harp started to play by itself, and sing the song of her murder. Yes?

22. - Top - End - #1162

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cerlis View Post
    You know nothing of fish. Spend some time with sunfish: brain the size of a walnut, and widely varied personalities.

I thought that Prank was in the second pen, and Smiley was in the first. Ruined a perfectly good outfit that way, but even I have to admit it was pretty funny. Maybe not the "barrel roll celebration" he gave, but...

Though I read the Great White story as "It's trapped in the net, it's injured, and it's angry. We can't lead it out, and we can't lift it out because it's hurt and angry and won't let us near it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Barbarian in the Playground

...some dude basically killed a shark with his bare hands, and we're talking about how fair it was to the shark.

Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Heroes of Horror is only 1.8 pounds. By comparison, the DMG is a hefty 2.6 pounds, making it by far the more powerful book.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Box Socks View Post
    ...some dude basically killed a shark with his bare hands, and we're talking about how fair it was to the shark.

Seriously?
    Quoted for truth. Though it wasn't really bare hands...
    Last edited by Major; 2011-03-04 at 01:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166

It was a member of an endangered species, acting like a normal shark should. The guy was awesome and brave, yes, but that doesn't mean we should be all "yay! An animal died! :D"
    I can, to put it another way, admire the man's deed, without being glad the deed needed doing.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-03-04 at 01:35 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

It was a member of an endangered species, acting like a normal shark should. The guy was awesome and brave, yes, but that doesn't mean we should be all "yay! An animal died! :D"
    I think it's more of a celebration of badassness rather than anyone actually going "yeah one less shark", and a few people stating it's better for the shark to die than a person to die.

28. - Top - End - #1168

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotep View Post
    ...and a few people stating it's better for the shark to die than a person to die.
    I don't believe anyone has said that... Although your syntax was a bit wobbly, so you might not have been saying anyone was.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Counterpoint I don't think anyone said "Yay dead shark!" either, but I've not studied each post.

30. - Top - End - #1170

Touche, I suppose, although there was some definite belittling or at least undervaluing of sharks.