1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Devils WW

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yeah, a bit on the short side though.
    Did you like your role?
    Yup! I was thrilled when I got it.
    Do you think the rules were balanced?
    Well no but not horribly so aside from Mammon. I think Mephistopheles' abilities are rather weak compared to the other Archdevils'. They're only useful on exactly two targets (and flat counter productive on others they effect) and one can't even be used unless in the right order. Sure he can easily kill an Archdevil if he finds them but he has practically no ability to actually do so except by accident. And I didn't even know the others had abilities that helped with that so doubly bad intel situation there. Doesn't help that with Erinyes not counting for the survival chance he already has a higher chance of dying.
    How were the narrations?
    They were great, keep up the good work.
    I really liked the ending narration as it made a lot of sense for the result.
    Do you feel the narrator otherwise did a good job?
    Yeah.
    Any improvements you would suggest?
    Well some re-balancing would be good. It might be better if everyone knew what the Archdevils could do. It's not like these guys just met, they know what the others are like. I feel that this game would be more fun with more players so....you should like...force more people to play? lol.

I think Asmodeus and Baalzebul are perfectly fine and I don't see any problems with the individual demon/devil roles. It's really just the other Archdevils that need work.

For Archdevils you might want to consider giving them either some intel bonus powers like Asmodeus and Baalzebul or ways to protect against such (like Asmodeus also has).

Possibly you might want to let Mammon be able to recruit people so that they don't switch off their current Archdevil but serve him in addition or perhaps if he attempts to recruit a demon one of his followers would gain the powers of that demon (power gain going to poor powerless Bearded Demons first)? (That's just throwing random ideas out there for what to replace his ability to recruit demons with. Though both of those would work for his intel gain/protection too as he might end up will multiple seers.)
    Any other thoughts?
    Did anyone else have trouble remembering to send in actions during the day?

Additionally: It's good to be King!
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-04-03 at 02:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I think Mammon should have an if/or condition. Like if he allies with demons, they cannot win until all archdevils are dead. That way it is harder to win. But I agree, it was easy the moment Mangosta recruited Wolfbane and then later on I found out that he was a demon.

Other thing you might consider is making one of the demons unrecruitable (probably the General). That way there is a tension with Mammon/The Demons which cant be avoided.

But yeah. I had it the easiest by far.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

I was somewhat amused by the fact that both Baalzebul and Mephistopheles tried to recruit me as well as Mammon.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    While it lasted yes, pity I got killed night 1 before I could hook in Ramsus
    Did you like your role?
    It's nice to have a definate side, the misunderstanding on day 1 because we didn't realise Internet Flea was on our side until too late sort of hurt but not much we could do there.
    No, Demons should be Demons. Giving Mammon the ability to recruit plus a follower the ability to recruit anyone meant this game was over before it begun. As is, it's virtually like starting a game with 7 wolves out of 22 with the ability to recruit more while the other devils/villagers also had to fight each other.
    How were the narrations?
    No complaints there,
    Other than the rule imbalance, yes.
    If you want to keep the Mammon the traitor system, make him only able to recruit once every 2 or 3 days or something (but make the recruit unrefusable unless it hits an archdevil) and turn him into a cult like side. Any Demons who accept are no longer loyal to their primary objective so that there'll be potential for Demons backstabbing each other rather than just the Devils fighting themselves until the Demons win.
    Any other thoughts?
    Nope
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-04-03 at 06:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes, it was my first WW game and very well done.
    Did you like your role?
    Yes, it was fun being a demon. (I was the Marilith )
    Yes, except for the fact that Mammon was overpowered. They were going to win as soon as they recruited a demon.
    How were the narrations?
    Very well done.
    Yes, yes I did.
    Fixing Mammon.
    Any other thoughts?
    I would love to play in Devils WW 2!
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yeah it was good.
    Did you like your role?
    yeah I guess thought one of these times i would like to be a more important role at least one time
    yeah pretty well
    How were the narrations?
    I dont know i never read them
    Yes
    not sure
    Any other thoughts?
    What is the evil Queen's name from snow white?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I was somewhat amused by the fact that both Baalzebul and Mephistopheles tried to recruit me as well as Mammon.
    Baalzebul and Mephistopheles tried for me too and both on the same night! I went with Meph but just on the flip of a coin...gave me a minor win though so score!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Did you enjoy the game?
    Ok, a bit short
    Did you like your role?
    Yeah, wish I'd been more active though, maybe would have attracted some wasted votes or done more night actions.
    No, I think that is should either be decisively Devils vs Demons, or else if a Demon gets recruited then he should be able to turn on his fellow demons
    How were the narrations?
    Very impressive
    Yes
    Maybe have more than 1 seer for Devils, and make it easier for devils to get recruited. The devils that don't get recruited are a little vulnerable since they have no one they can really trust.
    Any other thoughts?
    Pie? I'll join the second game for sure.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Matt K
    Guest in the Playground

I enjoyed the game even though I was a little distracted during the game (like I didn't know that mangosta was on my "team").

And see Qwaz, I had a perfectly valid reason to target you (i.e. it wasn't out of spite) I just couldn't reveal that I was trying to save Lemonus' bacon.

I agree that the Mannon ability was a little broken but I could see a game where if he had a few more Devil followers, the demons might not be so quick to go to his side. Everyone has good suggestions and I'll add that maybe having 2 Archdevils that could recruit demons might make things interesting.

Also, why did Mordecai die? I believe we had decided to kill Lex-Kat that night.

10. - Top - End - #190

Just out of curiosity, did the Demons kill me night 1 or did Team Asmodeus virtually self destruct by killing their own members on day 1 and night 1?
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doesn't help that with Erinyes not counting for the survival chance he already has a higher chance of dying.
    Actually, you've got that bit backwards. You still have a full survival chance, but if an Erinyes is your follower, they ignore the survival chance that other Archdevils have, making it easier to assassinate them.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did the Demons kill me night 1 or did Team Asmodeus virtually self destruct by killing their own members on day 1 and night 1?
    Actually, we did Tydude. I think Mordy killed you. And Mordokai's death puzzles me as well.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Survey

Did you enjoy the game?
    I loved it. I really, really loved it. One of the best WWs I've seen in terms of potential.

Did you like your role?
    Yes. I wish the game had lasted longer, so that I could use my Spymaster ability, but I absolutely loved my role. However, there was nothing in it for my followers, as pointed out by Saposhiente.

No. Mammon/the Demons were overpowered (Mammon, mostly) and becoming a follower didn't have a big advantage apart from maybe giving you a network of players to rely on.

How were the narrations?
    Some of the best I've ever seen. They were one of the most interesting parts of the game, just waiting to see how the next person would be killed off.

Yes. Apart from some flaws in the rules, the concept is amazing, there's so many politics, strange abilities and unknown variables keeping you on your toes, you never know what to expect.

Apart from fixing the flaws? This is a personal thing, but I enjoy games with random events and whatnot every few days/nights. I'm not sure this game needs it, as it manages to be completely insane without, but it's an idea.

Any other thoughts?
    I'd like to congratulate Tasroth on a job well done. This game had me making sure I checked in on it every day before school and whenever I got home.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-04-04 at 08:41 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Actually, you've got that bit backwards. You still have a full survival chance, but if an Erinyes is your follower, they ignore the survival chance that other Archdevils have, making it easier to assassinate them.
    Oooooooh. I suppose that somewhat helps Meph out with his relative blindness. At least if his Erinyes get lucky and hit one of his targets they don't have to keep wasting shots at them. Not that I ever had any Erinyes....or any followers with any abilities at all actually. (Mind you cd4 did a great job as my second in command.)

I'm not sure followers need an extra reason to get something out of joining an Archdevil. The survive solo and kill all the demons win is fairly unlikely. The network an Archdevil provides should be enough reason to join one.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yup. As Wolfbane said, they hit Tydude, Mordokai sniped you just after accepting the offer to join Asmodeus.

As to Mordokai's death, which Wolfbane said puzzles him, Team Demon tried to kill Lex (Asmodeus), and the kill was redirected to her one remaining follower.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

I had fun, for the short time I played.

Internet Flea's death was bad timing. Lead by Fleeing Coward, my loyal follower, I wasn't sure that Internet Flea wasn't a mistake in my Role PM. And by the time I got the answer, it was too late.

And then Fleeing Coward died, sniped by my new recruit, Mordokai.

And theeeen, Mordokai died the next night. This was my fault. I admitted to DS7 that I was an Archdevil, hoping to form an alliance, when she PM'd me asking why I turned down her "Master's" recruitment attempt. Good job, DS7.

I was plagued with bad luck this game, which is why I didn't fight my lynching.

I recruited Fleeing Coward as my loyal follower, thinking no one would suspect him of being with me. I still think it was a good idea.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ironically it was i who probably lead to you death. I accidentally told wolfbane you were an archdevil before i knew he was a demon and im sure he passed it on.

But once I knew you were an archdevil, i knew i would have to get rid of you. They just made it slightly easier.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Tasroth, I would be willing to play again.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    And then Fleeing Coward died, sniped by my new recruit, Mordokai.
    I died for you. So would you do well to show some respect... sire
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

That creates mixed emotions, underling. Yes, you saved my life, but you also killed my more loyal servant.

21. - Top - End - #201

Well, can I complain about you killing me then?
    I wasted a perfectly good plan on Ramsus when you prematurely ended my game
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    That creates mixed emotions, underling. Yes, you saved my life, but you also killed my more loyal servant.
    I also turned down the recruitment offer from that sleaze, Mammon. Not that it mattered, since I died the same night, but I was gonna be loyal to you... all the way.

I guess nothing really changed, yes?

Well, can I complain about you killing me then?
    I wasted a perfectly good plan on Ramsus when you prematurely ended my game
    Lets just say I don't trust you either way
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2011-04-07 at 12:45 AM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

See Mordokai? If you would have accepted my offer, you would have still been alive.

Ohhh the irony. You had such potential too.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Lets just say I don't trust you either way
    But I was actually telling the truth this time. Would it have made any difference if I had been the Pit Fiend?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    See Mordokai? If you would have accepted my offer, you would have still been alive.

Ohhh the irony. You had such potential too.
    And I would do so again in a heartbeat.

But I was actually telling the truth this time. Would it have made any difference if I had been the Pit Fiend?
    No... we'd just lost our seer.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Exclamation Re: Devils WW

You guys sure did make this game easier for us demons, with your paranioa.
    We had plans we never used and only one true scare.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    No... we'd just lost our seer.
    See, this is why I lie through my teeth every game. All I get for telling the truth is death
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

See, this is why I lie through my teeth every game. All I get for telling the truth is death
    Well maybe next time you should have picked cake...

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Croverus View Post
    Well maybe next time you should have picked cake...
    Oh yeah, this was actually all your fault for not protecting me even though there was no reason to trust me

Mordokai would probably have killed me even if I hadn't posted during day 1
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I could have protected you, have I know who anyone was. I spent to whole game alone, randomly picking to defend either myself or someone I felt was a devil. No archdevils ever tried to recruit me, and only once was my night actions interupted.

I think if I actually had people to coordinate with, my baner power would have been more effective.