New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 1001 Bad Plot Hooks

Yes, 261 was ToS2, or "A New World".
    No one brave enough to try 259/260?
    (Hint: The ninth in the main series, from which 260 sprang, "Just" came out, also for DS)
    I'm going to guess and agree with Kris Strife on 265-275.
    For 263... Oh, famous greek myth. Adventures of... Ortheus? No... He had a boat, right?
    For 264... yeah, I've got nothing.

276. Your electricity has gone out.
    All you've got for entertainment is a Starwars Special Edition Risk Game, a Simpsons Special Edition Monopoly game, and a few lego figures. What do you do?
    (No reference here, don't even try)

277. You find yourself cursed by a wizard, and able to drop randomly shaped objects from the sky, that will either raise up hills, carve valleys, or fill the valleys with water. Don't let too much water leave the acre of land you own, or the local neighborhood beautification council will sue, or maybe assassinate you, for flooding the local neighborhood itself.
    (N64 reference)

278. You've become an apprentice to your late father's worst enemy, a high level cleric. He's hiding you from his master, an even higher level cleric (or perhaps ur-priest), and using you to overthrow him. Figure out just who's side you're on.
    (wii)

279. You've moved into your late grandfather's, and senile grandmother's house, only to discover the windows covered in salt, cupboards full of honey and crackers, and a ring of mushrooms around the house. You also find a dumbwaiter full of odds and ends, and one of you woke up to find your hair tied painfully to each of the bars in your head rest. Another of you found a strange book, too. What do you do?
    (movie)
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

280:You just got a job as a cop.You and a few others go out to hunt a small group of bad guys.Unlucky for you,the bad guys ambush and kill you in a r rated way.Good news is your not dead yet!They have rebuild you in to forgecop!Now you must stop this group of bad guys and their leader, who is guarded by a giant chicken looking warforge.

281:You forgecop are on the hunt for a new bad guy. After failing to catch him and his minions, the leaders in the city think you are two much of a danger to keep as is.They have a wizard cast a charm spell on you,making you useless at your job.After taking sometime to fight it off,you're back on the hunt for the main bad guy!After catching him while fleeing,you hear bad news.He died while being treated for his wounds or so you heard. Then later at a event you are going to,they are showing off your replacement!Forgecop 2.0!Bad news,it goes crazy and then trys to kill everyone. No wait its not crazy,its the main bad guy you heard was dead!They rebuild him in to a forgecop like your self!Now you must stop him and save the day once again!

282:Remember that jetpack you had?Yeah they put it away someplace safe, guarded by one of these giant chicken looking warforge. From what you heard, a young girl hacks the giant chicken warforge and makes off with the rest of her group.With your cool looking jetpack!Now you must get in your car and go after them. While trying to catch them like a pokemon,you heard some cops and your partner are under a attack!You turn around to go and help them.Then much later you learn about evil warforge ninjas.Remember the group and that girl who got away with your jetpack?They are the good guys!You and your cop partner, must stop these evil robot ninjas and save the town from the true big bad guy!O yeah, don't forget to take back your cool looking jetpack man!
    Last edited by Sir Dar; 2011-03-29 at 07:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

263: That is a movie
    264: It's a old online series that started way back in 2004or5 and ended at 2008or9, each additional part being the next season.

Also Rangers for a yes, all the original stuff leading up to Dino Thunder.

The Next hint will make it obvious.
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

263 is Spirited Away.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

There we go.
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Still no-one willing to guess what 259, 260, 277, 278, or 279 all reference? Anyone?
    Alright, another hint for 260:
    Duh na Na dee dee Doo, doo DOO! Doo do doooooo do, doo, doo doo Dee doo doooooo. Bah dah doo Doo Doo doo DOO, doo Doo do DOOOOO, do do dee do doooo...
    You know what? the odds you can make heads or tails of Doos and Dees are almost nill. Come on. "D***** Q**** H*****: *****t ****e". Giant tanks. please?
    278 should be obvious from previous references to high level clerics. Got a response via PM. TheCountAlucard gets a cookie for correctly guessing the force unleashed.

please? anyone willing to try ?
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-03-29 at 10:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would have done 259 already, but I didn't check til this instant.
    It sounds exactly like Lost Magic to me. Man that game takes me back.....
    Last edited by Shade Kerrin; 2011-03-30 at 04:21 PM.
    Mima avatar by Memnarch

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

277 I know I but I'm lost the name, but it does ring a bell

279 Is spider wink chronciles or whatever its called
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shade Kerrin View Post
    I would have done 259 already, but I didn't check til this instant.
    It sounds exactly like Lost Magic to me. Man that game takes me back.....
    Yes. I just got the game myself, and it is difficult.
    You get cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    279 Is spider wink chronciles or whatever its called
    Clooooose enough. have some cookies!

283. You're a bunch of cows. Suddenly, your farm is put up on sale, because the bills couldn't be paid. Go catch a wanted cattle rassler for the bounty to save your farm!

284. You're all little one inch figures. One of you resembles a hairy dog. Go, reenact famous scenes and battles.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-03-30 at 06:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

285: Find the Orb of Zot

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

286: Figure out each refernce and name each actor from the last 285Plot Hooks. Failure means treason citizen
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

286: Figure out each refernce and name each actor from the last 285Plot Hooks. Failure means treason citizen
    287. Report to the nearest Termination Booth, as successfully completing the previous plot hook would have required information above your security clearance.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2011-03-30 at 07:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    287. Report to the nearest Termination Booth, as successfully completing the previous plot hook would have required information above your security clearance.
    High Five!!

288: You must live within the world surving against crabs, owls, and other dangerous creatures. Oh did I forget to mention your all mice?

289: Your in a world were Cthulhu is invading with armies, part of the party has gained access to monstrous new forms, and the rest pilot giant mecha. Can you ride the awesome and survive to the end.

290: You have just been gifted with the sons greatest gift and power and must go to defend the whole of existance with your friends
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

291: In a post-apocalyptic metropolis where it always rains, everyone has suddenly been afflicted with various and strange forms of lycanthropy. Not only that but a celestial being from on high has declared that you and your small band of underdogs must win out against others in a game of gang-warfare.

292: You are a guard on an absolutely massive new kind of warship. You are suddenly woken in the night from your slumber and find that the entire ship is swarming with zombies and flesh golems. Not only that but you find that an evil spirit that was thought to have been slain has returned and you must do what it says if you want to survive. At least it gives you some nifty items...

293: You find yourself on a tiny, misty island with several strange devices scattered around as well as a lighthouse. Find out what is going on.

294: Thine sovereign hath been kidnapped by masked warriors! Art thou a daring enough gentleman to save him?

295: For no real reason, seek out every top warrior in the world and beat the crap out of them. Then fight the malevolent evil that pops up for... No discernible reason either.

296: You are a warforged warlock who gains new invocations by defeating other warforged with strange-inbuilt abilities. Six of your kin, these second type of warforged, have been turned to evil by a cunning wizard. Defeat your former friends and take on the evil wizard in his castle of skulls!

(Another set of video game ones..)

15. - Top - End - #165

297: Your soul has taken on a manifestation, capable of interacting with the world, but only visible to others with this ability. This seems to be because an undead being has taken over the body of your ancestor. Travel to where he is hiding and defeat him. Watch out for steamrollers.
    Last edited by Shade Kerrin; 2011-03-30 at 10:37 PM.
    Mima avatar by Memnarch

16. - Top - End - #166

298: Save the town from the performance art sorcerer's fireball installation.

299: Save the Dwarven mine from the sorcerer using disintegrate to carve his magnum opus into the mountainside.
    Last edited by Ormur; 2011-03-30 at 10:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

300. The Dwarven bank has magical evidence of "naughty" behavior on the part of a member of the royal family. You must rob the bank and dispose of the evidence before it is made public.
    No levelled malice
    Infects one comma in the course I hold;
    But flies an eagle flight, bold, and forth on,
    Leaving no track behind.

Andrew Eldritch Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Psionic Tricks Handbook (WIP!)

Brainstorming thread for a Basic FAQ (WIP!)

Oh, and you can just call me KA.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

301: A crazy woman decided to make her son a god by traumatizing him. Severly. Destroy her new, colossal form before she can kill off every living being and use their souls to power the ascention. Watch out for her slavishly devoted widower with massive rescources to prevent you from completing your task.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

296 is Mega Man, but I don't know any of the other ones in that post.

Here are some plot hooks of my own*:

*Not really my own, obviously.

302. You are a former member of a gang of bandits, but quit that life to take up an honest one and start a family. But now a crooked city guardsman has kidnapped your family, and uses them to force you to hunt down your former partners in crime.

303. Your group are mercenaries, arriving from another land to seek your fortune. Local legends tell of an ancient civilization which possessed terrible powers, and left behind powerful magical artifacts that would bring immense wealth and power to those who can find them. But these artifacts are stored in a carefully hidden vault, which can only be opened for a brief time once every couple hundred years. Can you locate this storehouse before it's too late, and claim its contents for yourself (or the highest bidder)?

304. You are a famous adventurer, who slew a powerful tyrant that was threatening the land. But during that battle, the tyrant cursed you. Now you have learned that the only way to break the curse is to resurrect the evil tyrant that you defeated, and destroy him once and for all. The catch? His body was separated into pieces and hidden by his evil servants. You will have to find them one by one, combine them, and restore your hated enemy to life in order to destroy him again.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I also think 296 is megaman.
    is 293... sub machine?
    304... I dunno, but sounds awesome.
    295 is Mortal Kombat?

305. Apparently, the local coffee shop is running a contest. Prizes are hidden inside the cups. One of the prizes is a Large Mindless Warforged, capable of following all you directions. Use divinations and other magics to find this grand prize.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

GnomePirate

295 is every tournament fighting game and Twisted Metal game ever.

293 is Myst, or I am thoroughly confused.

I want to say 292 is System Shock II.

High Five!!

288: You must live within the world surving against crabs, owls, and other dangerous creatures. Oh did I forget to mention your all mice?
    They already have that RPG.
    Last edited by Cartigan; 2011-03-31 at 10:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

291: ??? (Probably wasn't that famous. Atlus made this)

292: System Shock 2

293: Myst

294: ??? (This one is just old)

295: Pretty much every tournament fighting game ever.

296: Mega Man

Also, I think 303 is Borderlands and 304 is Castlevania: Curse of Dracula

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

No one will guess what 301 is? Really?
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2011-03-31 at 12:47 PM.
    Extended Signature.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Not the slightest idea.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Nothing rings a bell.
    Trauma... Godhood...... genocide......... devoted............ reasources...............
    Silverclawshift archives, crystal cantrips comes pretty **** close, but... no.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

My guess was one of the older Final Fantasy games, but I don't know enough to tell them apart.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Also, I think 303 is Borderlands and 304 is Castlevania: Curse of Dracula
    Borderlands is correct. And 304 is Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (Dracula's Curse is actually the prequel for some reason), but that's close enough.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Nothing rings a bell.
    Trauma... Godhood...... genocide......... devoted............ reasources...............
    Silverclawshift archives, crystal cantrips comes pretty **** close, but... no.
    NGE, you uncultured counter Otaku.
    Me: I'd get the paladin to help, but we might end up with a kid that believes in fairy tales.
    DM: aye, and it's not like she's been saved by a mysterious little girl and a band of real live puppets from a bad man and worse step-sister to go live with the faries in the happy land.
    Me: Yeah, a knight in shining armour might just bring her over the edge.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    NGE, you uncultured counter Otaku.
    We have a winner!
    Extended Signature.

30. - Top - End - #180

For 301, I get vibes of Final Fantasy 7, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Xenogears but none of them really fit for various reasons.

....Yeah, I've got nothing.

Hint maybe?

Ninja'd

Wait, it was NGE? Must not have been paying all that much attention, then.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2011-03-31 at 02:04 PM.