New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth-52 IC

1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Earth-52 IC

Deadshot

Well, can't stay in a funk forever!

"Well, hello, there." Deadshot said as, of course, he stepped forward and accepted the grown-up Steph's hand and gave it a theatrical kiss. "The name's Deadshot, the Vigilante Gunman, and I must say the bat theme is a definite upgrade. I love black leather and high heels on a woman." he grinned through the mask.

As an afterthought, he belatedly leaned in a whispered, "...You are eighteen, aren't you?"
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Stephanie Brown

She smiles, and leans in, and whispers That's for me to know, and you to wonder if you're a pedophile or not.

She laughs a few times, slaps his cheek lightly twice, and Deadshot gets a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"So, let's see who else we have. There's the Question or the Faceless or whatever you're calling yourself...Lock-Up, because the art of subtlety makes your head hurt...someone dressed as a cross between the Shadow and the Huntress...and the rude cop with a cane. Sword-Cane. You aren't called Swordcane Cop, are you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Swordcane Cop

Katherine extracts herself from the Question with a grumble of thanks and agreement, and then refocuses herself. "Deadshot." Katherine hisses as he flirts with the not-Spoiler/Batgirl. "I am never letting you near Josephine again."

Then 'Batgirl' starts speaking about her, or rather about how she doesn't know her, and Katherine automatically snaps back. The girl is certainly annoying enough to be a Stephanie Brown. "The name's Walker. Katherine Walker. Do I even exist here?" She asks the question in frustration, but her expression quickly changes once she realises she might not like the answer. "Just - just tell me there's an MCU here. Or an Allen, or Gordon, or Barbara or Sarah Essen-whatever or Marcus or Josephine MacDonald." Her voice gets closer to panic as she lists all the names, and she only just pulls it back. "And what the hell is with the bat theme? Don't tell me, you've got a bat-copter hidden away somewhere. Or bat-repellant shark spray."

JIC: (1d20)[11]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirl

"Well, I've never heard of you. Jim Gordon is the Commissioner; MCU was his idea. His daughter is...an assistant professor at Gotham State. I don't really know about the other names, but I should find out eventually."

"As for why a bat..."

She pauses at that, taps her lip.

"There are a number of details I can't tell you, but essentially, because Bruce Wayne is bankrolling the whole thing for Batman Incorporated. I get to do my nightly justicing that I would have done anyway, my student loans get paid, and I get a very nice stipend for expenses. And if taking down Great White Shark with a mace-pepper spray combination counts, then yes."
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-08-13 at 03:04 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #305

Lock-Up
    Wounds: Bruised 2, Injured 1
    Defense: 22

Bolton manages to keep things together by silently repeating a calming mantra that he'd learned from a book of translated Tibetan scrolls of debatable authenticity. A flying car ride to a whitewashed headquarters? A piece of cake. Another Stephanie Brown, this one calling herself Batgirl? No problem. He's not shaken until Batgirl knows who he is before he introduces himself, implying that there's another Lock-Up in this universe, as well, and that he dresses himself in a similar fashion. She insults his intelligence, or at least his capability of engaging in subterfuge, which hurts a little bit coming from a Stephanie Brown, but maybe this universe's Lock-Up isn't as concerned with limiting property damage - it had taken him a while to get control over his anger problems, and even now they could surface on occasion. He wonders if this alternate Lock-Up had managed to make more headway into the new field of meta-criminal rehabilitation than he had.

Rather than voicing the question, however, he asks another one.

"So," he begins, his voice smoothly transitioning to his 'conversation' tone. It is notably free of gravel and broken glass. "Bruce Wayne continues his family's tradition of philanthropic enterprise?" He looks around. "It's an amazing idea, funding a team of masked heroes to defend the city." He looks at Stephanie - their Stephanie, the Spoiler. "Do you see? I told you that you had potential." And then, to Detective Walker: "The whole thing must drive you nuts."

And then curiosity gets the best of him and he returns his gaze to Batgirl.

"You mentioned another Lock-Up. I... don't suppose he made the cut?"

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirl

"A city? Please. Batman Inc is global. And it isn't exactly original, either. I mean, what with the JLA and the JSA and the Outsiders and all."

None of those last three names ring any bells to anyone. Except, the last one, perhaps, to fans of S. E. Hinton.

"And it's not really a team. More like agents who sometimes team up. Like the CIA. Or late night talk show hosts."

The last question, unfortunately, isn't answered.

"It's late-or early, if you prefer, and you guys must be hungry, what with the time travel and whatnot. I'll give everyone the tour, and I hope everybody likes waffles and tater tot casserole. It's either that or energy bars."

The Spoiler

She's ignoring Lock-Up in favor of staring at the dais with the compact car on it. There may or may not be drool.

She nods at his words, clearly not paying any attention.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #307

RedWizardGuy

Lieutenant Walker

She reserves a special glare for Lock-Up (damn right the whole thing drove her nuts) and then turned to Stephanie, choosing to fight that battle another day. "Kid!" She yells. "Focus! We gotta get you fed."

She's about to put away her questions and bring out her hunger, but a thought strikes her. "One last thing." She says, and shows the Bat-girl her commbead. "Back home - God, it sounds strange saying that - this thing connects me to my crew at th MCU. Here, not so much. Would'ya be able to figure out what it's doing?" Her stomach undercuts her with a rumble, and she glares at it. It appears that whatever the dimension, A is A and food is food. She'll probably have more energy to worry once she's eaten, even if it's a Brown's cooking.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi was the last one hopping on the flying car. Perhaps he was very old fashined to even concieve the idea of a flying car. He had problems travelling in regular planes. All the shakes and turbulence... And now this concoction of roller-coaster, turbo jet, and what not...
    He still chuckled at Lock-Up's comment about the size of his car. "It's always 'bout the size with you Americans eh?"
    he said, perhaps a minute too late to realize he had let that slip.

As the group was transported into Firewall, the black clad vigilante was astonished by the looks of the place. He had seen nothing like that before in his life.

Spoiler's double was also astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Stephanie Brown
    ...someone dressed as a cross between the Shadow and the Huntress..."
    "I take this dimension's Black Crossbow isn't very famous. Or perhaps, he died years ago." Luigi commented casually, as he approached the girl. After a second of glaring at her features, he bowed slightly, a hand on his back, and the other grabbing hers. What Deadshot did mockingly, he was doing seriously. "Black Crossbow," he said, delivering a kiss on her hand. Then, straightening up again, he continued. "I'm new in all this strange fancy name thing, not entirely sure the one I picked was accurate or fitting. You seem to have more insight in all this cra... I mean, capes things. Perhaps I could use a suggestion. Shadow seems appealing, although utterly evil.. Perhaps a little bit too much cheap chat? Whatever, he was on an alternate dimension, at least he was not shouting curses like Walker.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirl

"The names taken, I'm afraid. It was a one-off Grey Ghost villain. Episode 23 of Season 3."

"...We just finished Season 1 in our dimension..." the Spoiler whines. The two stare at each other for a moment, before they laugh with a simulaneous cry of "Spoiler Alert!"

When Katherine tries to get the Spoiler to stop looking at the car, the purple-clad heroine starts, as if she had just woken up. Batgirl pats her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Spoiler. Like I'm not going to let you drive the Compact before we get you back."

"...Cool."

Batgirl takes a look at Katherine's commbead, and shrugs.

"It seems to be in working order, and the frequency is MCU's. So it should be working fine."

Dinner

Tater Tot casserole tasted exactly what it sounded like: tater tots that were baked and covered in store-bought shredded cheese. It wasn't bad, per say, but it was about as far from high cuisine as you could get while still being edible. It was what you'd expect from the dish. Starchy, lots of carbs, and it vanished off the plate far too quickly.

The waffles, on the other hand...those were amazing. Made from scratch in an actual waffle iron, and with melted butter and warm syrup on the side. Heavenly.

"Ezr 'mzing" the Spoiler mumbles around a mouthful of waffle.

"Dun'shoo w' ur mou'ful," Batgirl says, butter dripping from the corner of her lip.

One of the wall panels, after being tapped, simply folded into a sort of picnic table, while another rotated around for a kitchenette area. Stephanie had also shown them a bathroom that was behind another panel, and a room with plenty of cots in another. There was also a glass-walled cell that she had hauled the Cluemaster into, her face very guarded as she did so. The Spoiler had looked at her in a very specific way then, and Batgirl had raised an eyebrow as if to say, later. When we're alone.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-08-13 at 10:24 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The former hitman leaves his hat on the chair, as well as his trenchcoat, sitting at the table with a white shirt and a black vest. He takes out his gloves, revealing not only one ring adorning his fingers. Luigi reassembles his scarf, so it covers above his eyes, and between his eyes and his mouth, so he can have dinner without revealing his face. He now looks like a mummy, with his hair pointing up due to the scarf coiled around his head. A very well dressed mummy.
    His manners are the table are impeccable, all the cliché of mafia man eating like pork is of course a lie, and the ex-gangster is a living proof.
    As he finishes his food, Luigi tries to get some questions answered.
    "Well, I must thank our host for this exquisite dinner. But now I'll like to ask some questions, if it is appropriate. Mainly concerning how are we going to get back to our reality, but also to satisfy my curiosity of how is this reality different from ours, beyond what we already know: Like, which is the state of security on this Gotham? Is Dent the mayor here as well? I don't even know where to start..." the vigilante says, tossing some questions on the table.

11. - Top - End - #311

RedWizardGuy

Lieutenant Walker

There is something wrong with Walker. Maybe she's been possessed. Maybe she's actually a body double. Maybe time travel's changed her mind to that of someone else's. But there's definitely something wrong with Walker. Because she's smiling. And not in that 'this is about to go very badly for someone I dislike' way either.

For her part, the policewoman doesn't seem to realize anything odd about herself. She's just enjoying the situation. For all the times the rest of the people eating dinner with her have saved her career or her life, never once have they joined in anything as mundane as this. And the strange food and strange time of night is bringing back all the memories of those times with the MCU, when they'd stay up all night with a takeaway trying to brainstorm a way to crack a case. She wants to get back to those times but for the moment she is, temporarily, a happy woman. The only noise she makes is a snort of sharp laughter when Luigi rearranges his mask to hide his face, and then looks around at the rest of her costumed fellows.

"So," She says, "You gonna blindfold me, or do the rest of you also have ways of eating without showing your face?"

It takes a moment or two to realize that Walker just told a joke, even if one at the expense of others. Something is very odd here...

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

The Question

"It's The Question. Though it sounds like 'The Faceless' is a popular nickname for me recently." That bit unnerved her slightly - both Ra's and this...not-Stephanie called her that name, and she didn't like it, not in the slightest.

Half an hour later, she sat in front of a plate of cheesy tater tots, as well as a thick Belgian waffle with syrup so hot it was melting the butter. She gazed at the waffle - ignoring the casserole for now - the syrupy siren's call beckoning her to dig in. At the same time, wearing a layer of pseudoderm made it difficult to eat, and while she trusted most of the people here (those from her reality, that is), there were two big problems. The first was real-Stephanie - she was just a kid, and while she was clearly growing into a hero, she was still a kid. The fact that she's the protege of the Batman in this reality helped some, but she wasn't the biggest problem.

No, that was the Black Crossbow. She didn't know him from Adam, and if he knew her identity, it would cause her all sorts of problems back home. She couldn't trust him - at least not yet.

And still, the waffle...she hadn't smelled a waffle this good for years, not since she was back in Belgium, all those years ago. When it all started.

She reached up to her earrings - little studs, really - and released a small bit of the gas that would remove the pseudoderm. The fake skin relaxed its grip on her chin and lower cheeks, and she rolled it up so that the tip of her nose kept it from falling back down over her face. She took a bite of the waffle, and her red lips - the first time any of the Gotham Knights had seen them - curled into a blissful smile. She ate it slowly, savoring every bite - the sweetness of waffle, the richness of the butter, the dark flavor of the syrup. After finishing her plate, she dabbed at her mouth with a napkin, turning to the Lieutenant with a smirk upon her lips. "Does that answer your question, Lieutenant?"

Kate remained silent as the Black Crossbow broke the ice and began questioning not-Stephanie. She studied the two of them - she needed to know more about both of these people, and she decided to let them tell more about themselves.

Spoiler
    Show

JIC: (1d20)[9]

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirl

Both Stephanies eat with the manners of a hungry teenager eating comfort food. Thankfully, they had both been thoughtful enough to sit at the end of the table, and slightly away from the others. An inch or so closer, and somebody would be having to flick various small pieces of food off their costume. Or police uniform.

"Umm...lets see. Gotham is...well, Gotham. I really don't know how to describe it, and I don't know how different your Gotham is, so...yeah. Sebastian Hady is the Mayor, and while the name Dent sounds familiar, I can't tell you off the top of my head, I'm afraid."

"Is...the Cluemaster still in jail?"

"Oh, yes. Locked him in Blackgate myself about three weeks ago."

"...Okay."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #314

RedWizardGuy

Lieutenant Walker

"Where'd you get that mask, anyway?" Katherine asks Kate. A displeasing reply seems to restore a little more of her usual contrary mood, but she still seems oddly at-ease. "Must've cost you a bloody fortune."

A thought strikes her, and she points her fork at the not-Stephanie. "When's Brown - that is, our C. Brown - going to wake up? Somehow, he caused all this, and we've not got a chance to question him next."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirl

"Judging from his injuries...maybe a few hours? Though if you are going to question him, you aren't going to tell him where he is, who's holding him, or the like. Giving him any ideas is a bad thing."

Her tone brooks no argument. This Stephanie is a lot more confident. She's still light-hearted, still upbeat, but she can get serious without getting angry. She's been through a great deal more than their Stephanie.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

The Question

Kate rolls the skin back down in place, and hits it with another blast of gas, reactivating the bond. "What, this old thing? Got it at a thrift store. You'd be surprised what people just give away these days."

The Question turned her attention to The Spoi...no, Batgirl. This Stephanie called herself Batgirl. "That shouldn't be a problem. If he needs to know anything, we can tell him he's in a new section of The Slammer. Get him some customer survey cards for him to fill out while he waits." She waited a beat, then continued with the question that was bothering her the most. "So...who is this Batman? Does he lead the Gotham Knights in this alternate reality?"

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[20]

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirl

"...What does Gotham's football team have anything to do with Batman? Other than the name, I mean?"

Interesting. In their dimension, they were the Gotham Gargoyles. And the last time they had won more than 6 games in the season was when Walker didn't need a cane.

"Batman, Batman, Batman...what to say...I mean, other than vengeance and the night, I mean..."

Batgirl thinks the question over for longer, absently taking a bite of casserole as she does so.

"I don't know exactly when he started being Batman, but he's been around for as long as I can remember. He's one of the first of the new superheroes, after the JSA disbanded after World War II, he's funded by Bruce Wayne because Bruce's parents got shot...he's the World's Greatest Detective...and yeah. It's really hard to describe him."

Kate notices a black blur out of the color of her eye, turns towards it...

"I can do it in one sentence."

Batman

This particular figure was about four inches shorter than the one that they had seen on the rooftops, though the two were dressed nigh-identically. The only difference was that symbol on his chest was all black, and void of that yellow circle.

"In a world filled with metahumans...where people can fly or lift cars or use magic or shoot energy beams or any number of amazing abilities beyond the ken of mortal men...he takes pride in being the best of humanity."

He chuckles, and unfolds himself from the wall.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Batman. The other Batman, and not Batman-Batman. He's the original, at least."

The new Batman is noticeably...brighter than the surely figure on the rooftops. He leaps over the picnic bench, sits down at the table, and grabbing a paper plate, ladles himself a large portion of casserole.

"I'll be taking over the Cluemaster situation, Batgirl. And we've decided on what to do with the rest of you."

The man's voice is vaguely familiar to Walker's ears; she can't place it exactly, but she knows, just knows that she's heard it before...

Luigi, on the other hand, recognizes it very quickly. He's heard it nearly every day for the past several years, after all. He knows, without a doubt that **** Grayson is under that cowl.

"We'll be searching for a way to get them back to their reality; the JLA, the JSA, the works. In the meantime, they'll be doing patrols, so they won't go mad with boredom here, and with one of our people so they don't get lost or confused or beat up the wrong person who's a villain in theirs and a hero in ours. It'll be a rotating schedule."

"...Does this rotation include Robin?"

"Unfortunately."

"Then I'll cover my own patrol with Spoiler that night."

"Who's Robin?"

"A creep of a hero that is obsessed with my chest and doesn't realize it."

"...Oh."

The younger Batman looks at the rest of them.

"Sound good?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #318

Lock-Up
    Wounds: Injured 2, Bruised 1
    Defense: 20

(Jumping back a few minutes, to my last post, and I'll catch up. Sorry I wasn't here today; just got back from work.)

"I didn't mean forming a team, I meant - " he pauses, noticing that she'd left his question unanswered, and wondering what that could mean. It's possible that she's innocently sparing his feelings; perhaps his alternate self wasn't as driven as he was and was therefore undeserving of membership. But he can't help but remember how angry he'd once been, before his unscheduled meeting with the King of Dreams, and fears the worst. " - funding an operation like this, as though it were a philanthropic exercise. That's inspiring, to me. In our universe, Bruce Wayne is..." Another pause, trailing off like a strip of torn skin. "... in no position to run a company. Nevertheless, he serves as an inspiration to the Gotham Knights." There's no reason for him to cast an unneeded pallor over the color of the evening.

When the food arrives, his thick fingers deftly unclasp the clips that hold his mask beneath his collar and, like the Question, he rolls it up to his nose. His chin is broad, square, and frames a wide mouth. What had begun earlier in the day as a five-o'-clock shadow but was now closer to the faint beginnings of a beard peppers the lower portion of his face. He winks at the Question. "Monkey see, monkey do," he says, and begins his meal with a plate of the casserole. 'Dessert,' as Mother Bolton would have once scolded him, 'Comes after dinner.' He forks a tot and places it in his mouth. Yes, Mother. The Question's rapturous consumption inspires him to eat quickly.

When the Not-Batman Batman arrives and outlines their plan, Bolton nods his thanks. "We appreciate it," he says. "We'd be happy to help out in any way we can. Just try to get us back before we're too badly missed, okay? Gotham's Gotham in any reality, and ours is pretty bad."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi hits the table with an open palm, and stands up, pushing his chair back as hi does so. He points an accusing finger at the Non-Batman. His hair trapped amidst the scarf gives him a strange look. "Grayson!" Luigi growls that name "I could recognize your cursed voice in this or any reality!" not being much of a temperamental guy so far with the Gotham Knights, this outburst of emotion from the Black Crossbow surely surprises more than one, although the mention of that name surely calls the attention even more.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Batman

He blinks, and stares at him with upraised eyebrow.

"...do I know you?"

His tone is cold, and there are echoes of the Other Batman in his voice.

"Because you're obviously new at this. And we've checked our databases; there is no 'Black Crossbow' of any sort in our world. And what you just did...that's crossing a line. No names in the field. Ever."
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-08-15 at 09:48 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As he inhales, words that he momentarily lost as rage was growing in him, sound in his head "... confused or beat up the wrong person who's a villain in theirs and a hero in ours ..." but still, he WAS Grayson! Luigi's eyes shifted for a scond to Walker, and then to Grayson... His hand was still pointing at him, the golden and silvery rings he sported shined under the white pure light of the room.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

The Question

Even before the man speaks, Kate can tell that this Batman and the one that they met on the roofs of Gotham were two different men. Different builds to be sure, but they carried themselves differently as well. There was a grace to this one's movements that the first lacked - not to mention that this one seemed more personable, more approachable. Then there were the subtle clues to the differences between them - this one used the word "we" far more often, a phrase that seemed alien to the first one.

Then, there was the fact that she saw this Batman coming. Just barely, though. He was good.

The Question nodded in agreement with Lock-Up. "Anything we can do to help some fellow crime-fighters. Like the man said, Gotham is Gotham, in any reality, so many hands make light work."

Then the Black Crossbow speaks up. Suddenly, it's like Firewall's temperature drops several degrees. The new Batman furrows his brow at their newest compatriot, and it's then clear that this Batman has the potential for intimidation that the first one did - he just doesn't start there. Kate keeps quiet - after all, she committed the same faux pas earlier in the evening with The Spoiler - but one thing was for certain. She was extremely relieved that she had decided to keep her mask on. The Black Crossbow could not be trusted to keep secrets.

The awkward silence hung in the air for a time, then The Question decided to break it. "Ahem, so...what are these TLAs you two keep tossing around? Government agencies that Batman, Inc. works with?"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Batman and Batgirl

Grayson opens his mouth, but Batgirl beats him to the punch.

"In the Great Hall of the Justice League," she solemnly intones. "There are assembled the world's four greatest heroes. Created from the cosmic legends of the universe."

"...Really?"

"No," Grayson quickly replies, glaring at Batgirl. "Not at all."

He gets up, makes his way to Firewall's computer, punches a key.

"The Justice League is an international team of heroes cleared by the UN to fight crime where ever it may be, and to defend the Earth from any and all extraterrestrial threats."

The roster appears. Some of the names are extremely familiar to all of them. Superman. Wonder Woman. The Martian Manhunter. The Flash. Aquaman. Another is Batman. Which, they suppose, explains his authority.

Their breaths hitch in their throats when they see that Parallax is on their team...only to realize that there are no streaks of grey in his hair. Hal Jordan, evidently, did not go mad in this universe.

"That's them. Or us. I help out now and then. The JSA, on the other hand..."

Newsreel footage. WWII. Only...not.

"The Justice Society of America was founded in 1940 by President Franklin Roosevelt. Their purpose was to defend America from foreign and domestic threats, and they did so with great valor."

A blond man with a costume that was a bewildering array of green, purple, and red. A man in a catsuit and cloth knuckle wraps. A pale man wearing a green cloak and little else. And several others. Batman lists names.

"...and the Sandman."

That name gives some pause.

"The Society disbanded shortly after the war ended, and was resurrected decades later, as superheroes came roaring back, starting with B-Batman and Superman. They now serve to both guide young heroes, and to serve as an example for us all."

There were more changes here than they had thought. There was no Justice League back home, nor had there been any "Justice Society" during World War II that they had heard of.

"...you really have never heard of the Justice Society? Weird..."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

Deadshot had been too busy helping himself to seconds to participate much in the conversation, though he did have the presence of mind to follow it at least. He'd done what most of the others had, unlocking the bottom of his mask from his collar and pulling it up over his mouth. They'd probably spot his distinctive, roguish mustache as he stuffed his face with relish. "I'm all for helping out. It'll be fun to find some thug who's like...the mayor or...Gandhi or something in our universe." he added through a mouthful of tater tots before swallowing. "Speaking of which, Bat Junior, just what are we like in this universe? You've got to know some of us, right? Me, for example. Batman asked me about the Secret Six. What is that? Don't spare me the details, I'd rather know."

"Hey, maybe when we get back we can start up our own little Justice League and get some real funding? What do you think, Walker? Want to see the freaks go legit?" he teased. "Maybe they'll give us badges and everything."
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2011-08-16 at 12:10 AM.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi blinks quickly as realization dawns in him. He sits heavily.
    "My... apologies... I guess I can explain myself... You... you killed my only friend at cold blood... in my reality, you are a soulless hitman for the Italian mob..." he says slowly. "I should have known better..."
    Last edited by Terron; 2011-08-16 at 07:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Batman

"But you didn't. And I don't much care for excuses."

He's still cold to Luigi, bitterly so. Even if he was but a shadow of his old mentor, he was still a force to be reckoned with.

"You either supress your emotions, or you use them. You do not, I repeat, do not, let them ever control you. If you do so in the field, then you are a liability, and not to be trusted."

"You won't be going on patrol. Batgirl, you'll be looking after both of them. Train Spoiler. Everybody else, with me."

He takes a small remote from his utility belt, presses a button, and another sleek black vehicle emerges, it's hood shaped like a ramming prow.

"The city awaits."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #327

RedWizardGuy

Lieutenant Walker

The policewoman goes quiet the moment Luigi spews out the new Batman's real name. It's taken a lot of practice to control her anger this well, and even so it takes time for her to stop it from errupting out.

Hearing the man speak, though, helps calm her a little - just a little. The same manner is there, sort of, but the attitude behind it is noticeably different. But there's something odd here, something on the edge of her mind: there was only one other person there at the moment when Grayson did - what he did - and as the Crossbrow speaks the assasin's name she knows who that costumed bastard is. The voice, the timing, the occasional accent. It fit. She doesn't smile. It's news for later, when she and him are alone.

She grips her stick and holds her anger for later use, and nods at this Batman as if nothing was wrong. "Sandman?" She asks. The name surprises her. Hearing it applied to a mortal sounds almost... profane. "He important? Also," She adds, unable to resist a snipe. "You realize you sound like a really cheesy advert, don't you?"

"Freaks - legit." Walker snorts in amusement at Deadshot's statement. "That'll be the day. Sure, when we get back. Just give me your names and I'll hand over the badges. Nice idea, but this is a different world. Go talk to Dent about it if you want something done. I don't control any of that back home."

As the Batman makes his move, Walker takes out the grappling hook that was given to her and looks at Lock-Up. "Want it back?" She asks.

Spoiler
    Show

JIC: (1d20)[14]

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

"Alright, don't tell me, but I'm going to find out eventually, Bat Jr." Deadshot said as he rolled his mask back down and connected it back to his collar. He checked the loads in his weapons and made sure all of it, the submachine guns, the grenades, the extra ammo, was all strapped down tight. He was every bit the walking arsenal. One had to wonder just how much of all that was loaded with rubber rounds. "Let's go find some bad guys." <KA-CHIK!>

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I understand your point, however, you know nothing about me. I will respect your rules and your judgement, as I wish not to interfere. I'll remain here." silently says Luigi.

30. - Top - End - #330

Lock-Up
    Wounds: Injured 2, Bruised 1
    Defense: 20

(Playing catch-up again. Work is good, but you miss out on play.)

Bolton finishes chewing the last bite of the potato casserole only mere moments before Luigi makes his fateful outburst, thereby spoiling the mood for everyone. The second Batman's response is unsettling, even for Lock-Up. He's got ice in his veins, he thinks. And he's been taught how to use it.

And then the car arrives and his mouth drops open, the waffle forgotten.

"It's beautiful," he murmurs.

When Walker offers him back the grapple, he shakes his head.

"Keep it," he says. "Just keep an eye on the pressure gauge. I'll take it when it's empty."

(1d20)[14]
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2011-08-16 at 05:06 PM.