New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Earth-52 IC

1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Earth-52 IC

Lieutenant Walker

Katherine is glad that she's had a lot of practice over the years of being calm when it truly matters, when you need to catch the freak or save somebody's life or fight to the death. "An anonymous photo?" She says, still stuck in policewoman mode. "Sounds like somebody did this to get at one of us and not for the byline." Katherine didn't bother asking who that might be. Both she and Kate had enough enemies to fill a new city. There were people who'd only heard of the Question and Lieutenant Walker who might still be ready to do something like this.

But still, in order to take that photo they'd have to know about her and Kate's preferences. And Katherine knows that they couldn't have been aware of her unless they were around over seven, eight years ago. Something to think about for later.

Katherine's aware that she's been silent for too long. "Sorry, Kate." She said. "I was thinking about who'd know that there'd be something to take a picture of. But thanks for telling. Before I go and tell everyone who needs telling - I gotta ask you for advice. When I've dealt with the press I've always been with crime reporters and like you said I don't know how to deal with these."

A pause, and then a sigh. "And then I'd better tell you some stuff about myself so's it doesn't surprise you when they hit you with it. That okay?"

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Spoiler

You could almost have a Christmas celebration with how much Stephanie Brown's face lit up. The glow in her face was quickly replaced by the burning embarrassment and she glanced down at her plate quickly, mumbling something that sounded like an agreement. Those tater tots were suddenly extremely interesting.

"Yeah. Cares." She mumbled again, I mean, she'd started this to stop her father and now he was royally stopped. What did she like most about what she did? The fun, the excitement.. or making sure that people just as bad as her father were put away. I mean.. maybe they had kids too, you know? "But don't you think it's a little silly, Tim?" Stephanie asked after an awkward pause, looking up at him. "That the worlds so messed up that, logically, the only thing you can do to help is dress up like an eggplant and hang out on rooftops.."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

Unfortunately, Deadshot isn't quite as agile as the Red Trenchcoat-Wearing Person...there needed to be a better name for said person. Said person who has got away by now.

In fact, there probably was.

Time for a pit stop to the Slammer. Chill out with Lock-Up, grab some brewskies. It would be great.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Hero Point for your failures.

Jonathan Crane

Examining the file more closely with the eye of a profiler, he begins to compile a profile.

This crime wasn't one of passion - well, not one in the traditional sense. Some passion runs hot, a blazing moment of fury. This one runs cold - brutally pre-meditated and then carried out with utter and complete joy. The method of Luigi's death shows that it was someone heavily emotionally involved in that scene. Who had chosen the method in spite and cruel irony. This was an act that was extremely personal to whoever had done this.

Tim Drake

He shrugs.

"The world's always been messed up. I mean, I was there when the Flying Grayson's died. People say that it was just an accident, but I still blame the Mob. Especially since Grayson got adopted by the Mob not long after. And the police could do nothing about it. So, really, if people, good people want to help, then I say good for them."

He pauses.

"Though, really, I don't think I could ever be one of those people. For one, I don't have the physical ability to do so."

Tim was on the Tennis Squad. And the Fencing Team. Which really says something about the kind of school she was going to, didn't it?
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-07-17 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #874
    Orc in the Playground

Kate Kane

Kate sighs as she hears Walker's response. She'd expected a full five minutes of language bluer than the GCPD's uniforms. Looks like she lucked into getting Katherine when her left brain was in charge. "It all depends on how they run this story. If it's purely publicity, then it'll be annoying, but you should be able to manage. Just don't smash their cameras with your cane, the hounds love to pounce upon celebs that react violently to photo ambushes. If it's a hit piece - and I'm afraid it might be - then your best bet is to ignore them and just keep spouting 'no comment.' They barely asked me anything, and even suggested there might be some show of favoritism between my family and the GCPD due to our relationship." Kate's got an edge to her voice as she brings this back up.

Kate's brow furrowed as Katherine told her there was more to her background. "Alright," she said warily. "It's probably time for full disclosure. I'm ready.

5. - Top - End - #875

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Jonathan Crane

Examining the file more closely with the eye of a profiler, he begins to compile a profile.

This crime wasn't one of passion - well, not one in the traditional sense. Some passion runs hot, a blazing moment of fury. This one runs cold - brutally pre-meditated and then carried out with utter and complete joy. The method of Luigi's death shows that it was someone heavily emotionally involved in that scene. Who had chosen the method in spite and cruel irony. This was an act that was extremely personal to whoever had done this.
    Doctor Crane immediately starts typing up a psych profile on the person responsible.

D'Amato Murderer-

This murder was personal. Extremely personal. This was a murder that was planned in advance by someone who hated him. The method of his death shows us that whoever did it has a cruel sense of humor, considering his involvement in the Montoya shooting.

Possible suspects- Anyone personally involved with Renee Montoya, whoever shot Montoya, someone who was wronged in some form by D'Amato. Suspect will possess clear intellect, however. This person is a planner.

He marks the profile as "Preliminary Findings, barring Additional Evidence", then forwards links to it to Detective Walker, as well as the rest of the MCU.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Spoiler

"Yeah, I wish.. somebody could have stopped that." Stephanie says back dourly, before looking up at Tim. "Hey, what are you talking about? I know full well you're on the fencing team.. maybe you could 'Fencing-Boy'?" She mocked, giggling as she pretended to parry an invisible blade. "..Things like that have to come in handy, right?" The girl suggested after she recovered from her giggles, giving him a shrug.

"I'm sorry, we've only just started talking and I'm bringing up stuff like that." Stephanie sighed out, referring to the dark turn the conversation took.

7. - Top - End - #877

RedWizardGuy

Lieutenant Walker

"Right." Katherine takes a deep breath. "Three cases of police brutality. Complicity with various superiors in fixing the numbers. A large array of petty crimes, backed up by the authority of a police uniform. Two of the cases of police brutality were reported, resulting in a warning." The sins are stated in a disspassionate tone - the same tone that Internal Affairs would use if they were to read out the charges to Walker herself. "My early time was little I lose sleep over, but even less I'm proud of. My colleges considered me honest. A honest cop in Gotham ten years ago wasn't very, compared to pretty much anything." There was a pause. "Gordon knows, as do Bullock and Allen. The rest don't."

She sighs. "I'm sorry."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Buwh View Post
    Spoiler

"Yeah, I wish.. somebody could have stopped that." Stephanie says back dourly, before looking up at Tim. "Hey, what are you talking about? I know full well you're on the fencing team.. maybe you could 'Fencing-Boy'?" She mocked, giggling as she pretended to parry an invisible blade. "..Things like that have to come in handy, right?" The girl suggested after she recovered from her giggles, giving him a shrug.

"I'm sorry, we've only just started talking and I'm bringing up stuff like that." Stephanie sighed out, referring to the dark turn the conversation took.
    Tim Drake

"It's okay. And I'm not really that good at fencing. And it isn't really all that useful, combat-wise. It's just...well...for fun."

He stops talking then and just looks at her, a small smile forming around the edges of his mouth. Then the bell rings for class, startling both of them.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow!"

That Night

Cass looks angry. Well, hurt-disappointed-angry.

She also has a broken arm.

"Go Easy tonight?" she suggests.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Stephanie Brown

The girl smiled back at him and felt a little fuzzy.

"Sure!" She quickly replies, brushing most of her hair over her left shoulder so she didn't look startled.

The Spoiler

Things felt right back in the uniform. She wondered if other vigilantes felt this way; things only made sense on the rooftops when she was hunting criminals. She felt so exposed and vulnerable as Stephanie Brown.. but the Spoiler, she was someone strong who could actually make a difference.

"Right.. a difference.." Steph mumbled to herself unsure while waiting on a some aforementioned rooftop for her midnight friend. It was just like she was telling Tim earlier-

She felt a little fuzzy and blushed. This was no time for that! She was The Spoiler, superhero extraordinare~!

The sound of Cas arriving did manage to startle her. The sudden other voice made her jump slightly before she recognized it, turning quickly with a wide unseen smile.

"Hey- oh jeeze! What happened to your arm?" Spoiler asked with obvious concern in her voice before coming over to investigate. "Haha, don't you know I always go easy?" She bragged before putting her hand further up on Cas' hurt arm supportively. "I guess we'll know if you can beat me with one arm tied behind your back.." She giggled, trying to lighten the mood, before looking serious once more. "But, seriously, did you get the guy that did this? What happened?"

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra

"Shiva."

Woah.

She looks at Steph, raising an impossible eyebrow behind her domino mask.

"Seem happy. Why?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

Unfortunately, Deadshot isn't quite as agile as the Red Trenchcoat-Wearing Person...there needed to be a better name for said person. Said person who has got away by now.

In fact, there probably was.

Time for a pit stop to the Slammer. Chill out with Lock-Up, grab some brewskies. It would be great.
    Okay, what had started off as a reasonably good night had taken a definite turn for the worse. His ego blamed his broken ribs for the fedora'd man's escape, and as he swung to the nearest building they reminded him painfully of their presence by poking him in the lungs and making him double over. He needed to get to The Slammer not only to ask Lock-Up about this red-coated sniper but also to get the guy's lady friend doctor to bandage him up. Deadshot recognized the general power and make of the rifle just by the sound it had made, and let's just say this: you couldn't get one of those in the sporting goods section. Whoever that guy was, he'd managed to get his hands on some pretty serious hardware...AND HE'D SHOT DEADSHOT TWICE WITH IT.

Stewing with rage, Deadshot made his way down the fire escape to where his car, plates removed, was waiting for him. He didn't feel like swinging it all the way there.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Spoiler

And only a broken arm to show for it? Wow..

"Huh? Oh. Well. Uh." Spoiler responded to Cass' question, quickly averting her gaze to stare at her fingers. Which were pressed together nervously. "I sort of.. have a date!" She finished cheerfully, looking up at her friend with what can only be assumed was a smile. "He's pretty cute and not just in a looks kind of way, I mean, I could really see myself talking to this guy and not be totally bored!"

"I'm pretty excited about it.. but I'm not going to flake out and start hanging out with him all the time or anything. You're like my best friend." She continued sincerely, before lapsing back into a blush and giggle. "But can you believe it? I've actually got a date I'm looking forward to!"

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

The car drives up to the Slammer, but Lock-Up is nowhere to be seen.

Instead, it seems like some sort of...crusader?...is stalking the deck of the decomissioned battleship.

Cassandra

"...Yay."

Cass's shoulders still droop, regardless of the Spoiler's reassurance.

"Happy for you," she mumbles, turning away.

"So...you're it?"

Rooftop tag. Right.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

Deadshot tried not to hold his injured ribs as he got out of the car. Fortunately, the expression concealing mask he had on did well to hide his grimace as the bones ground together. "Hey, Lancelot! Where's the warden?!" he called, wincing again as the act of shouting moved his ribs again. It seemed like whatever he did there was a dull pain, and an extreme of any measure made the agony spike. It made him appreciate just how much his ribs and the surrounding muscles did for him. He hoped Lock-Up's lady could patch him up so he could get on with life the next day with gumption and a handful of painkillers.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

Azrael

Due to his encounter with the Joker having left him feeling particularly nervous and vulnerable (well, more-so than is normal), Jean-Paul had retreated into the safety of the mental background, which allowing his brain's co-inhabitant to rise to the forefront, following the successful completion of the necessary rituals. Azrael took that opportunity to squeeze what little enjoyment that he could out of patrolling the deck of the Halsey. Upon spotting Deadshot and recognizing him for who he is, the Arbiter of Justice approached the railing and, glaring balefully down at him, speaks: "Bolton is in the middle of a video-conferance with his investors. What business do you have aboard the Slammer?"

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

"Okay, whatever, Lancelot. Just let him know I'm here and lower the drawbridge, alright?" Deadshot said as he walked toward the place where the gangplank could be lowered to let him aboard. He could just grapple his way up, but he didn't feel like grinding his ribs together anymore than he had already. He didn't ask for Doctor Shondra too, because he didn't quite know this kid, and he didn't want to let on that he was injured just yet.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887
    Orc in the Playground

Kate Kane

Kate listens impassively as Katherine comes clean on her past. "It's possible they might bring up your past, but like you said, you're clean for a Gotham cop. Of course, if they do, this becomes less about the lovelife of a socialite and more about a hitpiece on the MCU. We won't know what their angle is until they hit us with it. I'm heading back to the estate, to see if I can find anything about our mystery photographer. After the day we're about to have, I'd understand if you wanted to call our date off." She paused for a moment, the hint of a smile in her voice. "Of course, after the day we're about to have, I'd totally understand the need for a good, stiff drink as well."

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Spoiler

"Thanks, Cass." Stephanie, under the mask, offers staring at the back of probably one of her closest friends. She didn't really make many friends growing up with a dad like hers.. always moving, dodging the law, constantly in worry.. but Cass had taught her so much. A smile slowly spread across her face.

"Be ready to have a short run!" She called out, densely, figuring they'd just move on with their little game. No problems. The Spoiler put herself into a runner's start before sprinting after Cass. The wannabe hero remembered chasing the Crimson Avenger just yesterday and gritted her teeth. If she'd been just a little faster he might not have gotten away. This was where she would improve her technique and maybe next time..

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Cass

This game was different.

Cass always played to win, but she enjoyed it, too. She'd tease Stephanie with little flashy maneuvers that put her this close to tagging the smaller girl, stringing her along the rooftops in a merry chase.

This time was fast and short and businesslike, and Steph found herself out of breath far too quickly.

Cass looks at her panting form, barely an armslength and several lungfuls of air away, and shakes her head.

"You're right. Was short run."

She reaches into her belt, pulls out a grapple gun.

"You...have homework. Early night."

And she's gone.

What's gotten into her?

Doctor Crane

The workday ends without much comment. Allen looks over Crane's notes, nods, and begins ticking off suspects.

The list that followed was fairly depressing. Montoya didn't have many close, non-cop associates; her parents were the only ones with any sort of motive on her end. D'Amato...he had made enemies. Him turning states put several mid-level mobsters away, and Gotham never lacked for those who didn't like snitches.

"Thanks for the work, Doctor," Allen says on Crane's way out. "I'll be working late tonight, though; still working on tracking down Dick Grayson. Guy broke out of Blackgate a few weeks ago, and nobody's seen him since..."

Scarecrow

Out again tonight. Racing along the rooftops to try to fight crime on his own. Those that lurked in alleyways found fear toxin, and a few robbers would be found curled up in fetal positions and muttering.

On a rooftop across from Gotham National Savings and Loan, he turns around to find the red trenchcoated figure that had eluded him last night, floppy fedora brim pulled down to cast obscuring shadows across their visage.

"You're new at this," the figure states. "Aren't you?"

The figure has the stolen sniper rifle strapped behind their back, the barrel pointed diagonally towards the moon.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #890

RedWizardGuy

Lieutenant Walker

"Passing up a date with you?" Katherine manages to get a crooked smile onto her face. "Kate, I've done a lotta stupid things in my life, but that would take the cake. Drinks, bar on the corner of Baker Street. When you'll get there I'll tell you all about the look on Gordon's face."

When the conversation terminates, Katherine breathes in a sigh of deep relief. Kate had been understanding - too understanding, some honest, stubborn part of her soul protested. But that was something. She doubted the papers would have the same reaction should they find out.

And now... now she had to tell all. At least she'd had a few hours advance warning. Do the most important person first.

She dials Stephanie's number and hopes like hell the girl will pick up.

21. - Top - End - #891

Doctor Crane

The workday ends without much comment. Allen looks over Crane's notes, nods, and begins ticking off suspects.

The list that followed was fairly depressing. Montoya didn't have many close, non-cop associates; her parents were the only ones with any sort of motive on her end. D'Amato...he had made enemies. Him turning states put several mid-level mobsters away, and Gotham never lacked for those who didn't like snitches.

"Thanks for the work, Doctor," Allen says on Crane's way out. "I'll be working late tonight, though; still working on tracking down Dick Grayson. Guy broke out of Blackgate a few weeks ago, and nobody's seen him since..."

Scarecrow

Out again tonight. Racing along the rooftops to try to fight crime on his own. Those that lurked in alleyways found fear toxin, and a few robbers would be found curled up in fetal positions and muttering.

On a rooftop across from Gotham National Savings and Loan, he turns around to find the red trenchcoated figure that had eluded him last night, floppy fedora brim pulled down to cast obscuring shadows across their visage.

"You're new at this," the figure states. "Aren't you?"

The figure has the stolen sniper rifle strapped behind their back, the barrel pointed diagonally towards the moon.
    Doctor Crane

Doctor Crane nods at Detective Allen and responds in his usual flat monotone.

"You have my number if you need me."

He walks out to the garage, starts up his car, and drives back to his apartment.

Scarecrow

Under his mask, Crane grins for a moment.

"Hey, what can I say? I wanted to take up macrame, but the class was full."

Scarecrow starts slowly walking closer.

"Besides, from someone who breaks into buildings and steals sniper rifles? Well, your advantage was the gun and surprise, and you gave both of those up to ask me a question as dumb as that. Can I ask you a question too, then?"

He tilts his head slightly, staring at the man quizzically even as he is palming a vial of fear toxin.

Whoever this guy is, he's dangerous. Might have to whip out the Grade A stuff for him...
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2012-07-24 at 06:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

Scarecrow

The Avenger's arms spread in a mocking gesture of welcome.

"You already have, but feel free. Though I am going to ask that you stop moving forward. Your advantages are surprise and that lovely gas of yours, and you'll need to give up both to get that second question."

Every step the Scarecrow takes is met with one in the equal and opposite direction.

"Besides. It isn't you I'm after."
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-07-24 at 06:17 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

23. - Top - End - #893
    Orc in the Playground

Kate Kane

Kate smiled as she hung up and pocketed her phone. Well, at least something is going right for you, Kate. Katherine's a survivor. She'll weather this like anything else. Kate gunned her bike's engine and sped off back to Kane manor.

Once there, she made her way back into the garden, reconstructing the night in her mind. She stood by the koi pond for a moment, letting the beauty of the fish calm her before she got to work. She sat down on the stone bench again, trying to figure out the angle the photographer must have been at in order to capture their kiss on film. Once there, she headed in that direction to start looking to find any evidence the photographer might have left.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

Kate Kane

The photograph is very zoomed in, focusing mainly on her and Kate's heads. And judging from the angle...

The photo was taken from the window on the second floor.

Where the Crimson Avenger and the Crusader had been fighting that night.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #895

Azrael

After a few more moments of thoughtful staring, the cloaked vigilante makes his way to the console and dances his fingers over the keys to deploy the walkway. As is Halsey protocol, the gangplank would only remain lowered for a limited amount of time unless prompted to stay put, like an elevator door. To prevent this, Azrael keeps the button depressed with his index finger while Deadshot ascends. When Deadshot is safely on board the ship and passing by, the Templar removes his digit from the key and turns to face him. When he speaks, his voice is tinged with something not entirely dissimilar to grudging respect. "You are different from the others," he says.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Deadshot

Deadshot stubbornly did not let his hand drift to his ribs while he ascended the gangplank, biting his tongue to avoid any noises of pain as he walked upright. When he reached the deck, he looked Lock-Up's apprentice over with that single, red monocle of his. He'd heard of the younger man's existence, of course, but Lock-Up never told Deadshot many of the details. "Different how?" he asked, always willing to hear about himself.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897

Azrael

"The others coddle the wicked," he answers, moving so that he can walk in pace besides the red-clad marksman. "But not you. Not always, not when it really matters. You're a killer, with a killer's instinct." There's a bit of humor in that sentence, as though he's speaking through a smile. And he might be -- to Azrael, this is talking shop, one hunter to another. "When you looked me over a minute ago, you were sizing me up, searching me for my weaknesses, for ways to incapacitate me, if it ever came to that. To kill me, if you needed to." He bows his head in a nod. "I did the same to you when you approached... it's nothing personal, it's just what we do. It's just what we are." He scuffs the toe of his boot on the deck of the ship. "This city, this world, it needs more than this boat, this floating prison. It needs more men like us, men who are willing to do what needs to be done to cleanse the Earth of the sin that infects it, that rots it to its core."

28. - Top - End - #898
    Orc in the Playground

Kate Kane

Kate just stared at the second-story window for a few moments as she realized where the photographer must have been, her cheeks reddening in frustration and anger. Dammit! How is Grayson pulling this off? It had to be the Crimson Avenger - the Crusader didn't have a camera on him, and one wasn't found on the scene. How did Grayson figure it out? What did I let slip that he caught that nobody else has?

She stormed inside and headed directly towards the crime scene. She vaguely heard the Colonel calling after her about something; she registered it, and filed it away. There was work to be done.

29. - Top - End - #899

Scarecrow

The Avenger's arms spread in a mocking gesture of welcome.

"You already have, but feel free. Though I am going to ask that you stop moving forward. Your advantages are surprise and that lovely gas of yours, and you'll need to give up both to get that second question."

Every step the Scarecrow takes is met with one in the equal and opposite direction.

"Besides. It isn't you I'm after."
    Scarecrow

The raggedy man shrugs, and stops his forward movement. Now he starts to walk slowly in a circle around the guy, keeping his current distance.

"Why?"

At the Crimson Avenger's reaction, he shakes his head slightly.

"Not why you feel the need to do this, 'cause I'm fairly certain you're psychotic, but why come talk to me, then?"

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

The Crimson Avenger

"Psychotic? Me?"

Another mocking, exaggerated gesture, this time a great show of being offended.

"I happen to have perfectly rational reasons for everything I'm doing, thank you very much."

The Avenger gestures broadly towards the street.

"As for why come talk to you...I'm here to tell you that there aren't any heroes in Gotham. You really ought to just hang up your...rags, keep your head down, and live an average, normal life."

The Avenger's voice drops, becomes conspiratorial.

"You'll only be disappointed and hurt otherwise."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2