New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hello And Welcome New Members Thread 9

Welcome to the Forum Giantitp (A song for new members because well...I got bored )
    On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of a new comic strip, rising up through the air
    Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night
    There she stood in the doorway;
    I heard the mission bell
    And I was thinking to myself,
    ’this could be heaven or this could be hell’
    Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way to the Hello and New Members thread
    There were voices down the corridor,
    I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the forum Giantitp
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely face
    Plenty of room at the forum Giantitp (We have 50,000 members and growing)
    Any time of year, you can find it here

Her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the forum steeds
    She got a lot of pretty, pretty mods, that she calls friends
    How they post in the courtyard, sweet summer tapping.
    Some post to remember, some post to forget

So I called up the admin,
    ’please bring me my erfworld’
    He said, ’we haven’t had that comic here since twenty o'nine’
    And still those voices are calling from far away,
    Wake you up in the middle of the night
    Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the forum Giantitp
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely face
    They livin’ it up at the forum Giantitp
    What a nice surprise, bring your allies

Mirrors on the ceiling,
    The pink champagne on ice
    And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’
    And in the Admin's chambers,
    They gathered for the feast
    The stab it with their cyber knifes,
    But they just can’t kill the trolling beast

Last thing I remember, I was
    Running for the door
    I had to find the passage back
    To the place I was before
    ’relax,’ said the night mod,
    We are programmed to receive.
    You can leave forums any time you like,
    But you can never leave (unless you get banned)
    Last edited by Maxios; 2011-07-28 at 09:10 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Hello there! It is so very nice to meet all of you! Welcome to the world of GitP!

My name's Cipherthe3vil. However, everyone just calls me Cipher. Before I go any further, is this your first visit to this forum? If you need advice, I suggest you check the rules.

This world is widely inhabited by creatures called forum members. We members live alongside other forum members as friends. At times, we play together, and at other times we work together. Some forum members use their modding powers to battle and develop closer bonds with some members.

What do I do? I conduct research on how to become a better homebrewer so that I become a better homebrewer and help in others becoming better homebrewers.

Now, why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves? Are any of you boys? Or are you girls? And your names are Arrowhead,Mutant Sheep, Madfelix, and Capt. Ido Nos? A fine set of names that is!

All right, Arrow, Mutant, Felix, and Captain, the time has come. Your very own tales of grand adventure is about to unfold. On your journey, you will meet countless forum members. I'm sure that along the way you will discover many things, perhaps even about yoursel

Now, go on, leap into the world of the GitP Forums!

(...)

It is a good place. One of the best places to go for d&d thats for sure, and the roleplaying games that go on here often use d&d system, unlike most pbp games I've seen across the net.
    Thanks for the warm welcome Cypher! It's nice to find a welcome committee on this side of the registration button ^^

Let me see, lemme go down your post here...

No, this is teeeechnically not my first visit to the forums, but it really rather is in all fairness. I did pop in to lurk on the rules page to make sure there wasn't anything that I'd accidentally tread on. I try to make a point of that these days, I've been on fora in the past where people got... surprisingly testy on certain subjects, haha. I should be good, I'm glad to announce

Homebrewing! What type of homebrew? Coffee from your own house homebrew? That one hacked wii channel homebrew? D20 systems that would probably make the most since considering this environment homebrew? If that's the case, more power to you! I foolishly tried to do that when I was in... what freshman year of high school? And I'd never played a single round of DnD before and didn't realize that's what I was doing? Yeah it worked out great tell you what, haha.

A bit about myself: Since you have quite the awesome avatar/sig set going on there, I'll take the pokemon route. Hi! I'm a boy! My username that I entered is Capt. Ido Nos, but my name on this side of the keyboard is Seth. I'll go by just about anything, I'm not too particular. I've seen Capt., Captain, Ido, Idoes, Oreos, Idaho Nose, though that last one was a bit odd I'll admit... Me, I'm a typical/atypical nerd type. Good with computers and what else have you. Also I like arty things, so I'll probably be oogling the art threads when I find them. I enjoyed being the only guy in my CS classes to be able to tell colors apart, haha. Incidentally though, I found out that I am the only guy at my company's IT department that can do that too, if not because literally all the rest of them are colorblind o_0

I'm looking forward to starting a new adventure here, I've got some stories of my own to share, and I hope to contribute to a few now that I've got a new place to hang my username See you around!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uh yeah, I hang around the forums, but i've never really said hello, or been active in the Friendly Banter thread, so I thought I'd introduce myself. Where to start...

Pablo is an old nickname, and the friends who call me that have now shortened it (phonetically) to Pobbes. However, I like the cred it gives me to have been a member for so long, technically.

Gamingwise... Been an IRL player since 2e. Played some WoD, StarWars, Spirit of the Century, Deadlands, Seventh Sea... yeah alot of stuff. When I DM, I always homebrew my worlds. I think my most creative was an early 3e game I adapted into a sci-fi game with crazy guns with limited use shells which produced awesome effects, and a sorceror class whose spells were limited by the type of energy in the environment they could absorb...

I'm from the States, yeah!

That's about it I guess.
    Last edited by El_Pablo; 2011-07-29 at 03:36 AM.
    Thank you to THE_STONEY_ONE for the custom avatar.

New favorite post:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Fluff for the Fluff God. Write ups for the Written Throne!

PbP characters:

4. - Top - End - #454
    Pixie in the Playground

hello everyone! I'm a newbie her
    The India handicraft product available to you by donation. Make a donation and receive the gift of your choice.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

6. - Top - End - #456
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey Howdy Hey I'm new!
    "I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals." Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
    http://betterwithvodka.blogspot.com

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, I've been lurking around for a long time and just decided to join in.
    I'm a recent convert to D&D, just played my first few 1e edition games and its awesome!
    I like being a wood elf ranger best.
    Last edited by goldendragon; 2011-07-30 at 06:10 AM.
    Nick
    My avatar is from the abandoned avi's forum, props to them!

8. - Top - End - #458
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hello! Here's the obligatory "long time reader, first time poster" spiel. Well, I am a long time reader, and a first time poster. I joined the forums because I'm trying to find a D&D session to join. I played 4e when I was in Afghanistan, and got addicted. Other than that, I haven't played (started a 3.5 session, but the DM moved). I had an awesome drow rogue, only survivor of the campaign I was playing.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello and welcome Crusader808, Goldendragon and Minkis .

Have fun on the forum!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aloha everyone, I've been on the forums for some days now but never bothered to drop by and greet, so now is the time.
    I've been playing D&D self-taught for about a decade (starting when I was around 11) and have since also dabbled in WoD. An all-around enthusiast of geek culture from comic books and action figures to MtG, Munchkin, Chess and the likes. Currently living in the absolute hellhole of SE Europe (the country is obvious for those of you who watch the news on occasion), probably soon to move to the Netherlands.
    The nickname is shared with a deific creator of the world in one of my settings. Cheers and take care, always open for gaming should you choose to contact.

^_____^
    Divinely masterful avatar by Ceika. The Four Voices of Esto.

11. - Top - End - #461

Hello there! It is so very nice to meet all of you! Welcome to the world of GitP!

My name's Cipherthe3vil. However, everyone just calls me Cipher. Before I go any further, is this your first visit to this forum? If you need advice, I suggest you check the rules.

This world is widely inhabited by creatures called forum members. We members live alongside other forum members as friends. At times, we play together, and at other times we work together. Some forum members use their modding powers to battle and develop closer bonds with some members.

What do I do? I conduct research on how to become a better homebrewer so that I become a better homebrewer and help in others becoming better homebrewers.

Now, why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves? Are any of you boys? Or are you girls? And your names are Indiadonation, Crusader808, goldendragon, Minkis, and Rakmakallan? A fine set of names that is!

All right, India, Crusader, Gold, Minkis, and Kallan, the time has come. Your very own tales of grand adventure is about to unfold. On your journey, you will meet countless forum members. I'm sure that along the way you will discover many things, perhaps even about yourselves.

Now, go on, leap into the world of the GitP Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome Cypher! It's nice to find a welcome committee on this side of the registration button ^^

Let me see, lemme go down your post here...

No, this is teeeechnically not my first visit to the forums, but it really rather is in all fairness. I did pop in to lurk on the rules page to make sure there wasn't anything that I'd accidentally tread on. I try to make a point of that these days, I've been on fora in the past where people got... surprisingly testy on certain subjects, haha. I should be good, I'm glad to announce

Homebrewing! What type of homebrew? Coffee from your own house homebrew? That one hacked wii channel homebrew? D20 systems that would probably make the most since considering this environment homebrew? If that's the case, more power to you! I foolishly tried to do that when I was in... what freshman year of high school? And I'd never played a single round of DnD before and didn't realize that's what I was doing? Yeah it worked out great tell you what, haha.

A bit about myself: Since you have quite the awesome avatar/sig set going on there, I'll take the pokemon route. Hi! I'm a boy! My username that I entered is Capt. Ido Nos, but my name on this side of the keyboard is Seth. I'll go by just about anything, I'm not too particular. I've seen Capt., Captain, Ido, Idoes, Oreos, Idaho Nose, though that last one was a bit odd I'll admit... Me, I'm a typical/atypical nerd type. Good with computers and what else have you. Also I like arty things, so I'll probably be oogling the art threads when I find them. I enjoyed being the only guy in my CS classes to be able to tell colors apart, haha. Incidentally though, I found out that I am the only guy at my company's IT department that can do that too, if not because literally all the rest of them are colorblind o_0

I'm looking forward to starting a new adventure here, I've got some stories of my own to share, and I hope to contribute to a few now that I've got a new place to hang my username See you around!

I homebrew Base Classes of course. A basic foundation to any game.
    I wonder what its like to be colorblind. Though who knows. maybe I am I just don't know any different.

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #462
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Daw, thank you for that. I am indeed female, but I identify more with archers and rangers more than my gender. :B

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Wow, that's probably the second most interesting thread welcome I've ever had!
    And I am a man, baby!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

Seems I should post here for this. Hello, being new and all, I look forward to beneficial discussions and various tips and information for table-top RPG play. I'm pretty sure I've come to the right place for all of that nonsense . As for what finally got me to finally make a profile, I have the creator of the Shadow Theory d20 modern homebrew to thank for that.
    Difaru, y pechod 14eg.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Hi! im new to this "fourm" thing. im hoping to have many pbp games here.
    (P.s Lord Garth. i hope to see you on the fourm. big fan of the harrowed.)

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hi! I'm Silphael.

I'm playing D&D for two years, and I may make some mistake in english since i'm french.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

wow a lot of new members, it seems...
    Welcome to all of you!
    (hugs follow)

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    I'm playing D&D for two years, and I may make some mistake in english since i'm french.
    Don't worry too much, it's understood.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey All,

Thanks for the welcome. To answer Cipher's request for more info, I'm a guy. At one point in my life when I had an abundance of free time (College and .com employment) I was a regular poster at RPGNet, I still lurk there.

When family life and free time allow and I'm not gaming I DJ (it's not often unfortunately).
    "I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals." Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
    http://betterwithvodka.blogspot.com

19. - Top - End - #469
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everybody. I'm new here, although I've been reading OotS since there were only 70some comics in the archive. I've been playing tabletop RPGs for somewhere in the neighborhood of eight or nine years. Most of my experience is in D&D3.5 and more recently Pathfinder, but I have dabbled in both 4th edition and some AD&D as well as a whole slew of other non-D&D games. Admittedly, it has been a couple years since I've last played in a regular campaign, and the creeping insanity has driven me here in an attempt to soften the effects of gaming withdrawal.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go bugger off to the Arts & Crafts forum to see if I can commission me some sort of hilarious hat-based avatar.

20. - Top - End - #470

I have returned...
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

21. - Top - End - #471
    Firbolg in the Playground

biggrin Re: Hello And Welcome New Members Thread 9

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    I have returned...
    SHIRO! *vicioustackleglomp*
    Where have you been?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    SHIRO! *vicioustackleglomp*
    Where have you been?
    I have been on a long and arduous quest to make sure I never EVER drop out of the middle of a role play again. Also, I was kinda just too busy being scared, lazy, and procrastinating to come back. Sorry Blue! Allow me to commemorate my return with the same greeting I give all new members.

*HUGGLES*
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hi all,
    I've been playing D&D for about a year and a half now and reading Oots and these forums for a couple months now.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hello GitP forums! I'm a relatively new player of D&D and table top games in general and I've been having trouble gathering people up to play. Been reading OotS for a year or so now and heard good things about the forum, so I've decided to join up and give play-by-post a chance. So I'm looking forward to playing a bit of 4e or what-have-you with you all!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

I've finally given in. My friends basically all post here, and I find I am in need of like-minded advice. Figured I'd join the crowd.

Hello all.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Greetings Madpolymorpher, A Dapper Fellow and Spirit, new blood in this forum is always welcome. We could use some fresh blood for our Mr. Scruffy Cult, O-Chul is getting angry. Don't want him to sik his Super Advanced Flying Stealth Dinosaur on us do you?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-02 at 04:11 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Halfling in the Playground

Welcome Madpolymorpher and A Dapper Fellow to this slice of heaven. Enjoy your time here :D
    Talky man broke thog's tusk!
    Incinerate.

Magic: The Gathering player & Wikipedian Extraordinaire!
    Thanks to Mad Mask for the awesome avi.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Long-time OotS-reader and forum lurker, finally registering.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hello, everyone!

I first picked up on this page back in 2008/early 2009 in college. Spent about a week straight reading all 600-odd OOTS comics, and have been a huge fan since.

I've recently moved in with my fiancee in beautiful Massillon, Ohio, where I discovered one of the local bookstores has mint-condition classic AD&D and 3.5 manuals, and things seem to be looking fairly bright! I look forward to active membership on this forum!

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    Long-time OotS-reader and forum lurker, finally registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelloHero View Post
    Hello, everyone!

I first picked up on this page back in 2008/early 2009 in college. Spent about a week straight reading all 600-odd OOTS comics, and have been a huge fan since.

I've recently moved in with my fiancee in beautiful Massillon, Ohio, where I discovered one of the local bookstores has mint-condition classic AD&D and 3.5 manuals, and things seem to be looking fairly bright! I look forward to active membership on this forum!
    Hello fellow Mutant! Hello MelloHero! Welcome, and enjoy the forums that the Cult of O-Chul shall soon derail into worshiping the Great Cat God.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.