New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Green Sun Princes! (Another Exalted Log)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosen View Post
    Whether Ormagoden knows it in character or not, due to his intimacy with "fans of his music", nearly 1000 people were killed during that limit break across creation. This might attract Sidereal Attention...
    This much is true.

Oh, also, if my memory serves me, both Abbadon and Gene are now Essence 5.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Man you guys are just plain awesome I'm sad that you're going to hold off on starting the next arc though, when do you think the books you're waiting for will be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking good, Count, looking very good indeed.

I am somewhat curious as to whether any of the group are aiming to go Devil-Tiger.

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Burnheart View Post
    Man you guys are just plain awesome
    Thanks again - I'm always grateful to hear that others are enjoying the stories of my gaming group!

I'm sad that you're going to hold off on starting the next arc though...
    Truth be told, another reason for this temporary lapse is that I'd like to play a little more, and not have to ST so much.

when do you think the books you're waiting for will be released?
    No clue when the errata will hit, but Masters of Jade, which (among other things) includes info about the economic organization known as the Guild, is slated to come out in February - I probably won't wait for Scroll of the Monk II: Scattered Lotus Petals, since I just found out it comes out next November, but when it does come out, I'll be sorely tempted to have a martial arts-oriented game for a bit.

I'll certainly be reading Masters of Jade when it comes out, but we'll be holding off on more Exalted 'til I see some major fixes made; as it is, there are supposed to be 700 Celestial Exaltations in Creation, but with the current rules, only 300 of them are anywhere close to workable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Looking good, Count, looking very good indeed.
    Oh, stop.

DT Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I am somewhat curious as to whether any of the group are aiming to go Devil-Tiger.
    Let me put it this way - over the course of this series, the group has collectively raised their Essence by seven points.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-11-22 at 07:32 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

Also for anyone who is curious, I'm going to post my post arc sheet up here in a spoiler along with my backgrounds, if you are curious, feel free to look

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Ormagoden
    Caste: Slayer
    Concept: Hell's Rock Star
    Motivation: To find out more about my past life (Elegant Sonah)
    Urge: To Kill Abbadon and control his forces till his exaltation finds a new host.

Attributes:
    Strength:ooo Dexterity:oooo Stamina:oo
    Charisma:oooo Manipulation:oooo Appearance:ooo
    Perception:oo Intelligence:oo Wits:ooo

Abilities: (*Caste or Favored)
    Slayer: Archery*: X Martial Arts*: X Melee*:ooo Thrown*: X War*: X
    Malefactor: Integrity:ooo Performance*:ooooo Presence*:ooo Resistance:ooo Survival:o
    Defiler: Craft: X Investigation: X Lore:o Medicine: X Occult: o
    Scourge: Athetics:o Awareness*:oo Dodge*:ooo Larceny: X Stealth: X
    Fiend: Bureaucracy: X Linguistics*:oo Ride: X Sail: X Socialize: X

Specialities:
    Melee Specialty x2 - Axe
    Performance Specialty - Lute
    Presence Specialty – Persuasion
    Presense Specialty – Issuing Commands

Backgrounds:
    Cult Malfeas: o
    Backing Malfeas: o
    Influence: o
    Artifact (HoB): oooo
    Artifact (LoE): ooo
    Artifact (GC): oo
    Manse: o
    First Age: o
    Unwoven Coadjutor: o

Willpower: oooooooo
    Virtues: Compassion:oo Conviction:ooo Temperance:oo Valor:oo
    Essence:oooo Personal: 20/20 Peripheral: 17/49 Comitted:32
    EXP: -12/127

Detailed Backgrounds:

Weapons:
    Discord of Serenity (corrupted Oricalcum Grimcleaver):
    Speed: 5
    Accuracy : +3
    Damage: +12L/4
    Defense: +1
    Rate: 3
    Attune: 5m
    Hearthstone: 1

Lute of Echoes:
    Speed: 5
    Accuracy: +0
    Damage: +(Performance)B / Piercing
    Defense:0
    Range: 20Yd wide / 100 yd far
    rate: 1
    attune: 5m
    hearthstone: 1
    Notes: You can Make an unblockable Performance-based physical attacks with a pool of Charisma + Performance. Costs 2m per use

Armor:

Hauberk Of Bells:
    Soak: +9L/+10B
    Hardness: 5L/5B
    Mobility: -0
    Fatigue: 1
    Attune: 8m
    Notes: Bells on armor constantly play a tune depending on what the wearer is doing. -3 to all Stealth checks Add Performance to DDV/PDV and dex-based rolls, as long as he moves in time with the bell song.

Languages:
    Flametongue, Riverspeak, Old Realm

Intimacies:
    Fans of my music: Full
    fame: Full
    Isidoris: Building
    Elegant Sonah (past life): Building
    Unwoven Coadjutor ( Ophelia ): Building

Hearthstones:
    Jewel of the Flying Heart (One Dot Manse):
    +1 Dodge DV +1 Bonus to Melee
    Attached to Grimcleaver

Gem of Sorcery: (Three Dot Manse):
    1/day reduce spell cost by 10 motes.
    attached to O.H.S. bracers

Other Artifacts:
    Infinite Resplendence Amulet (four dot artifact):
    Attune Cost: 5m (non vitriol x2)
    Effects: Generates any forms of clothing you Imagine. (Speed 5 miscellaneous action)
    Adds +1B/+1L Soak
    And an extra success to all Resistance/Survival rolls to reduce or avoid the effects of environmental conditions, toxins, or disease.
    also has the option of making said clothing out of solidified light. Doing so gives you a temporary +4 to your Appearance, but makes stealth impossible.

Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers (two dot artifact):
    Attune cost: 4m (non vitriol x2)
    effects: +3 to calculating Dodge DV
    Any attack damage +2
    Hearthstone Slots: 1 (Gem of Sorcery Attached)

Artifact Mask (two dot artifact):
    Attune: 5M
    Effects: Able to alter your appearance and completely control the emotions your face shows. (+4 for intelligence + larceny rolls to disguise self / +4 when attempting to lie about your true motives in social combat)

Afflictions:
    Night-Vision: ability to see in the dark.

Charms:

1st Malfeas Excellency x3 ( –- m) (p.104)
    By Pain Reforged ( 1 Health Level) (p.108)
    Pathetic Distraction Rebuke ( 3m ) (p.111)
    Invulnerable Would Futility ( 3m ) (p.111)
    Ablation of Brass and Fire ( 4m ) (p.111)
    Nightmare Fugue Vigilance ( –- ) (P.112)
    Impervious Primary Mantle ( –- ) (p.112)
    Insignificant Embers Intuition ( 2m ) (p.112)
    Green Sun Nimbus Flare ( 3m ) (p.114)
    Hardened Devil Body x1 ( –- ) (p.108)
    Borne By the Boar x1 ( –- ) (Wiki)
    Inevitable Colossus Ego ( 1m ) (wiki)
    Cowing the Lowly ( –- ) (Wiki)
    Titan's Majestic Will ( 10m / 1w ) (Custom)
    By Agony Empowered ( –- ) (p.112)
    Defiant Force Unswayed ( –- ) (Wiki)
    2nd Malfeas Excellency ( –- ) (p.104)
    Transcendent Desert Creature ( –- ) (p.128)

Thank you to araveugnitsuga for drawing my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Titan's Majestic Will ( 10m / 1w ) (Custom)
    Details?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Details?
    Mechanically, it functions like Hypnotic-Tongue Technique from the Exalted Core book, save that it doesn't have the Touch keyword, and can be used with social attacks with any ability. In addition, if the social attack is a command, it costs an additional Willpower to resist. It's a Heretical Charm that branches off Malfeas and Isidoros.

So, now you guys wanna find out what happened to Yuki, don't you?

Yuki Speaks...

Yuki's assassins meet her in their base, and begin explaining the problems they've been having - namely, the last few targets they've gone after have somehow survived; a man given two doses of Yozi venom in his sleep wakes up the next morning perfectly fine, a mortal fighting off his God-blooded assailant with ease... Yuki decides to handle the next job herself.

She travels to the Haslanti League, where the target is a director of shipping lanes, observes his habits, and catches him late one night when he is alone. She runs up to him, invisible, and runs him through with her sword, but he doesn't even cry out, prompting her to turn around and look at him.

"We need to talk," he says, his features shifting. Yuki suggests that they go somewhere a little more private, and he acquiesces, seeming to turn into a bird and flying off. Yuki follows, somewhat-bemused.

She is brought to a small, apparently-unclaimed emerald, the plants therein growing out of season. The moon somehow feels closer here, and Yuki sees her feral-featured acquaintence appear once the bird settles. He introduces himself as Soren, and when she in turn introduces herself, he asks what one of the Lawgivers is doing, performing dirty deeds for a Yozi cult. She replies by asking why it's his business, and he returns that he is also one of the Chosen, though by the Argent Madonna. The moon-goddess. Luna.

More importantly, he explains how each Solar Exaltation is irrevocably bonded to a single Lunar Exaltation, and vice-versa, and that this bond manifests itself upon their first meeting... and that he is her Lunar.

Yuki is a little surprised by this revelation, but asks nonetheless why it's any of his business. He replies that her little cult is harming quite a few people, that Adorjan is a cruel mistress. Yuki replies that she is showing gratitude to Adorjan for liberating and empowering her.

He asks her to follow him once more, this time taking on a form with features of both man and bird. He flies off, and once more, she follows. They arrive at another emerald, though this one has been recently burned, sacked, and salted. He tells her how the machinations by her assassins left the people here unable to defend against an incursion by barbarians.

"You've chosen a poor Master," he says.

She asks in turn what he would do, what she can do, and he replies that she could stand against Creation's real enemies. Following that, he takes her back to the Saltspire League, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

biggrin Re: Rise of the Green Sun Princes! (Another Exalted Log)

Oh, my.
    I was just about to comment on the last update when *this* shows up.
    Truly fantastic.
    Ormagodden's limit-break was so epic. As does Yuki's mission.
    I'm also liking the direction the series is taking (although I still think the yozis were wronged).
    Count, do you plan such moments and directions with your players before the game, or do you like dropping mysterious lunar mates and epic limit breaks on them by surprise and watching their reactions?
    Also, what's a devil-tiger?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Also, what's a devil-tiger?
    Spoiler
    Show

An...ascension for GSPs, where at E6+ (Essence 6, usually just available after a century, is available to GSPs with a charm that has drawbacks depending on the Yozi you meet the prereq for) by mixing together different Primodrial's power, they become their own...entity, not exactly a Priomordial but something similar. As they progress down the charm tree (which takes centuries as other charms have higher Essence prereqs), they get stuff like a custom charmset (and versioms of general charms), a new Caste, third circle souls, akuma, an internal world-space, a custom Act of Villany for reducing Limit (which, as a part of the process makes Urge=Motivation, you'll probably gather less of), and cutting ties with Lilith(where GSP Exaltations go without a host), instead making the Exaltation grab a demon and then things go as usual.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2011-11-23 at 05:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250

For future reference, can we spoiler all Devil-Tiger references, please?

Truly fantastic.
    Indeed - the events contained herein are truly a fantasy.

Ormagφden's limit-break was so epic.
    It was also unexpected on both our parts - I told Ormagφden's player to roll for his Limit, and he said, "Do 10's count double? 'Cuz if they do, I just hit Limit Break."

I'm also liking the direction the series is taking.
    Thanks.

although I still think the yozis were wronged.
    Fair enough, but there's little to be done for them in the Age of Sorrows - it'd take a level of infrastructure on par with or surpassing that of the First Age to successfully rehabilitate them.

Count, do you plan such moments and directions with your players before the game, or do you like dropping mysterious lunar mates and epic limit breaks on them by surprise and watching their reactions?
    A little of both. Some of this stuff is entirely unintended. Oftentimes, though, I'll get with a player beforehand and discuss this stuff, because I best prefer bouncing my ideas off others before implementing them.

DT Stuff...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    which takes centuries as other charms have higher Essence prereqs
    Or get beings with the appropriate Endowments to grant you higher Essence. Five Days Darkness, Lytek, and the Unconquered Sun all could do it, for instance. As such, you could get as high as Essence 9 within the span of a mortal lifetime.

As they progress down the charm tree, they get stuff like a custom charmset (and versions of general charms)...
    Actually, the general Charms are first on the tree - you make and learn them when you take Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger.

and cutting ties with Lilith, instead making the Exaltation grab a demon and then things go as usual.
    Lillun. Lillith is a different thing entirely.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-11-22 at 07:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    For future reference, can we spoiler all Devil-Tiger references, please?
    Sure thing.

DT Stuff...
    Spoiler
    Show

Or get beings with the appropriate Endowments to grant you higher Essence. Five Days Darkness, Lytek, and the Unconquered Sun all could do it, for instance. As such, you could get as high as Essence 9 within the span of a mortal lifetime.
    Ah, true. I never think of those little shortcuts.

Actually, the general Charms are first on the tree - you make and learn them when you take Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger.
    The first charm is a part of the charm tree, is it not?

Eh, to be honest I was going by memory there.

Lillun. Lillith is a different thing entirely.
    Ah yes. Again, was going by memory there. Yeah, I was talking about the phylactery-womb girl, not the Lunar.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

you do know reading about this Devil Tiger stuff makes it much harder to wait for the next arc to begin don't you count?
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

13. - Top - End - #253

That's why I asked everyone to spoiler it.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

This is a little late, but nice title drop back there, Count.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2011-11-24 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    This is a little late, but nice title drop back there, Count.
    Everyone loves a well-placed title drop.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Everyone loves a well-placed title drop.
    It can be so hard to do, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    It can be so hard to do, though.
    Makes me think of This everytime.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

First of an apologies for double posting, but I got some good news. Not sure if the count wants to document it or not but...

Looks like our little group is going to start a Dragon-Blooded game

So he'll probably start a new thread for that. It was originally plan to start in Janurary, but we kinda got tired of our Requiem game due to certain issues with some players and decided to start this one up.

19. - Top - End - #259

Not sure if the count wants to document it or not...
    I'd like to, dunno if I will.

Looks like our little group is going to start a Dragon-Blooded game
    It's true, it's true!

So he'll probably start a new thread for that.
    I probably will.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

hey everyone
    just wanted to let you know that the infernals game is going to be starting up again soon, but Yuki's character and I won't be participating in the games unfortunately. We are having issues with a player and therefore decided instead to stay in and potentially cause drama for the group, to drop out and let the remainder of the group still have some fun. it was fun being in the infernal games, but life happens, so thank you all for your nice comments, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the infernals!

21. - Top - End - #261

Apologies for the thread necromancy; I'd actually intended to post a thread for the new game after it had actually started, and it would explain why Kurosen and Yuki had dropped out in the opening post.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

oh, sorry.