New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Easy Exploit Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Kansaschaser View Post
    Instant Crush Death from Stone Shape

While inside a cave or underground, you cast Stone Shape and have it make a 1 inch thick space between a 10 foot cubed stone above a monster you want to kill. The resulting stone that falls on the monster (if it failed it's reflex save) would do 12,096D6 damage. That is according to the damage caused by falling objects. Since a falling object does 1D6 damage per 25 pounds of weight. A 10 foot cube of stone would weigh about 302,400 pounds.
    Then why does Transmute Rock to Mud specify only 8d6 damage if you cave in a ceiling, no matter what amount of rock you transmute to mud?

Quote Originally Posted by The Winter King View Post
    I have one.

Ever had a friend who died and you didnt want to spend the cash for a resurection? try Heal* out, it will bring you back from -10hp because nothing says the dead cant be healed.

*please note it must be Heal and not other healing spells as heal does not have the pesky "when used on a living creature" clause.
    Don't dead creatures count as objects because they're now nonliving matter? Heal has to be cast on a creature.

Slightly more on-topic (although a week and a half after the last post, so a bit late), I saw an alternate "Commoner Railgun" that doesn't actually work anymore. Line up commoners, use Supreme Cleave.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2011-07-20 at 11:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Winter King View Post
    I have one.

Ever had a friend who died and you didnt want to spend the cash for a resurection? try Heal* out, it will bring you back from -10hp because nothing says the dead cant be healed.

*please note it must be Heal and not other healing spells as heal does not have the pesky "when used on a living creature" clause.
    Check the "Dead" condition:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    The character’s hit points are reduced to -10, his Constitution drops to 0, or he is killed outright by a spell or effect. The character’s soul leaves his body. Dead characters cannot benefit from normal or magical healing, but they can be restored to life via magic. A dead body decays normally unless magically preserved, but magic that restores a dead character to life also restores the body either to full health or to its condition at the time of death (depending on the spell or device). Either way, resurrected characters need not worry about rigor mortis, decomposition, and other conditions that affect dead bodies.
    (emphasis added)

Mind you, it doesn't say anything about not being able to take actions ...
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Check the "Dead" condition:(emphasis added)

Mind you, it doesn't say anything about not being able to take actions ...
    So Dead is a condition, and you can still take actions while under it? Hello, Iron Heart Surge!

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    So Dead is a condition, and you can still take actions while under it? Hello, Iron Heart Surge!
    If you have Iron Heart Surge, you shouldn't be dead in the first place. Just negate the condition "I am capable of being injured". Gain DR infinite/--.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    If you have Iron Heart Surge, you shouldn't be dead in the first place. Just negate the condition "I am capable of being injured". Gain DR infinite/--.
    Or, you know, he'd just kill you. You can't get injured if you're dead. All damage stops at -10.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    Or, you know, he'd just kill you. You can't get injured if you're dead. All damage stops at -10.
    True. I guess Iron Heart Surge is like Wish in that you have the get a bloody lawyer in just to have what you want to happen happen.

Hmm..."I am capable of having hit points lower than my full normal hit points."
    And then the DM says, "Okay, your full normal hit point total is changed to 1."

"My Dex score is not 5,000 and I don't have Improved Uncanny Dodge." Because then you're practically unhittable anyway, even by touch attacks.

7. - Top - End - #217

SwashbucklerGuy

"My Dex score is not 5,000 and I don't have Improved Uncanny Dodge." Because then you're practically unhittable anyway, even by touch attacks.
    "OK, your DEX is 5000... and your STR is 0."
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

8. - Top - End - #218

dead prevents actions because you are unconsious from having more nonlethal damage than hp.

this does make diehard and such useless, who uses those?

9. - Top - End - #219

"OK, your DEX is 5000... and your STR is 0."
    Darn those DMs. At least I could probably become a successful lawyer after a few games using Wish and Iron Heart Surge.

But for Str 0, you would at least need a plausible excuse. Have a colorless, scentless inhaled poison trickle into the room. "While under the effects of this poison, you may take no actions, not even mental actions or free actions. This includes taking actions while below 0 hit points."

It's easier to do these things when you're the DM. So obviously you should Iron Heart Surge away the condition that your player doesn't have equal standing with the DM. (Which does affect you. But first you need to become aware of the metagame.)

10. - Top - End - #220

SwashbucklerGuy

Darn those DMs. At least I could probably become a successful lawyer after a few games using Wish and Iron Heart Surge.

But for Str 0, you would at least need a plausible excuse. Have a colorless, scentless inhaled poison trickle into the room. "While under the effects of this poison, you may take no actions, not even mental actions or free actions. This includes taking actions while below 0 hit points."

It's easier to do these things when you're the DM. So obviously you should Iron Heart Surge away the condition that your player doesn't have equal standing with the DM. (Which does affect you. But first you need to become aware of the metagame.)
    That's what the Self Aware Player Character PRC is for.

As for a plausible excuse... "You suddenly feel much more dexterous... but you slowly realize that all of your other abilities are being drained. It's as if the power you used to have is being funneled into DEX, leaving all your other abilities completely drained and at 0. You fall to the floor, unconscious, and in three comas."

*It does.*

What.

11. - Top - End - #221

That's what the Self Aware Player Character PRC is for.

As for a plausible excuse... "You suddenly feel much more dexterous... but you slowly realize that all of your other abilities are being drained. It's as if the power you used to have is being funneled into DEX, leaving all your other abilities completely drained and at 0. You fall to the floor, unconscious, and in three comas."
    Three comas? That's quite a feat. I would have thought they would just combine into one super-coma.

Where is this Self Aware Player Character PrC?

12. - Top - End - #222

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by sreservoir View Post
    dead prevents actions because you are unconsious from having more nonlethal damage than hp.

this does make diehard and such useless, who uses those?
    Specific trumps general, and Diehard specifically says you can take actions at -1 to -9.

13. - Top - End - #223

SwashbucklerGuy

Three comas? That's quite a feat. I would have thought they would just combine into one super-coma.

Where is this Self Aware Player Character PrC?
    Well, since it says you go into a coma once your INT, WIS, or CHA reaches 0, it makes sense that if all three got to 0, then you'd be in three separate comas.

Self Aware Player Character is in the third party Bride of the Portable Hole: The Book of Neurotic Fantasy , which in all honesty is a joke book. It brings you such things as the Paladin-Knight of the Secret and Bizarre Righteous Order of the Hokey Pokey, Self Aware Player Character, and a stated out Gazebo.

*It does.*

What.

14. - Top - End - #224

Well, since it says you go into a coma once your INT, WIS, or CHA reaches 0, it makes sense that if all three got to 0, then you'd be in three separate comas.

Self Aware Player Character is in the third party Bride of the Portable Hole: The Book of Neurotic Fantasy , which in all honesty is a joke book. It brings you such things as the Paladin-Knight of the Secret and Bizarre Righteous Order of the Hokey Pokey, Self Aware Player Character, and a stated out Gazebo.
    I would just combine them into a single coma, but the single coma would be epic-level.

I figured it was a joke PrC. I'm going to try to find it though, it sounds amusing.

15. - Top - End - #225

SwashbucklerGuy

I would just combine them into a single coma, but the single coma would be epic-level.

I figured it was a joke PrC. I'm going to try to find it though, it sounds amusing.
    Oh, it is. You get to force the DM to make a save whenever your character would die, where the DC is determined by the number of unresolved plot hooks associated with the character. As a bonus, YOU get to make the roll for the DM. Also, at 10th level, the character becomes real, moves into your house, drinks your beer, and steals your girlfriend.

*It does.*

What.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight12 View Post
    From the actual SRD:
    NITPICK ALERT!

The "actual" SRD is a series of RTF files published on WotC's website. d20SRD uses the OGL to republish those text files in a new (and better organized format). The site also incorporates errata (which, technically speaking, isn't OGL - though that doesn't matter too much). It also incorporates the Open Game Content from another book, Unearthed Arcana, but that material isn't actually in the SRD even though people often refer to as such since it's on that site.

OK, carry on. ;)
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Embrace the Dark Chaos is a spell that replaces any feat you have with an Abyssal Heritor feat that you qualify for. Shun the Dark Chaos replaces any Abyssal Heritor feat you have with any feat you qualify for. Combine the two, and you can completely reassign your feats without restriction.

Now do that with all the bonus feats from Vow of Poverty. Instead of having a bunch of near worthless bonus Exalted feats, you have the same number of the best feats you can find from all of D&D 3.5 that you qualify for. Oh, and since technically you gained these feats from spells, you keep them even if you swap out Vow of Poverty itself.
    How about 2 levels of chameleon to get an abyssal heritor feat every day, which you then swap out with StDC. You gained those feats through spells, so you should keep them, yes? Repeat every day for a year.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

This is one I got inspiration from with the fist full of manifester arrows.
    And then I realised it wouldn't work.
    Basically do fist full of manifester arrows with the Soulbows arrows or soulknife mind blade, that would mean when you can make them as a free action you can have an infinite amount of power points.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    This is one I got inspiration from with the fist full of manifester arrows.
    And then I realised it wouldn't work.
    Basically do fist full of manifester arrows with the Soulbows arrows or soulknife mind blade, that would mean when you can make them as a free action you can have an infinite amount of power points.
    Fistfull of Manifester arrows can get you a large number of them... if you don't mind limiting them all to 5 points. And yes, when trying it with the soulknife / soulblade, you've got some sharp limits that stop it from working:

1) "As usual, a psionic character cannot pay a power’s cost with power points from more than one source, so the power points in the weapon must be used for discrete manifestations" - right in the description of the Manifester weapon property. Which means any manifestation from these "infinite power points" is limited to 5 pp.
    2) There's an annoying clause in Bestow Power for use of this sort of thing to bypass such restrictions: "only power points generated by a psionic creature in the moment can be shared using bestow power." - so you can't give the power points from this method to yourself or another creature.
    3) The Mind Blade Enhancement class feature has a very specific list of things it can replace - and Manifester isn't on the list.
    4) The Soulbow (from Complete Psionic, page 36) handles the enhacements with the same wording as the Soulknife's. Manifester isn't on the list.

Basically, this pretty much only works if your DM is not familiar with the material.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

20. - Top - End - #230

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Basically, this pretty much only works if your DM is not familiar with the material.
    How many DM's ARE familiar with psionics?

*It does.*

What.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WinWin View Post
    Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos are spells from Feindish Codex 1. You replace any feat with an abyssal heritor feat with one spell, then replace an abyssal heritor feat with any other feat with a the second spell.

You effectively trade your free exalted feats from Vow Of Povery with any feat you qualify for. If you're feeling ornery, trade out Vow of Poverty as well, then demand full WBL from your DM.
    Wouldn't you lose the Exalted feats, because you don't qualify for them without Vow of Poverty?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

How many DM's ARE familiar with psionics?
    Not all that many.
    Why? Many DM's view Psionics as overpowered, and don't look at the material, simply forbidding it instead.
    Why? Because a lot of people take advantage of DM's not being particularly familiar with how psionics actually work, and do things like blowing more power points than their current level on one manifestation, tricks like this, and so on.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WinWin View Post
    Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos are spells from Feindish Codex 1. You replace any feat with an abyssal heritor feat with one spell, then replace an abyssal heritor feat with any other feat with a the second spell.

You effectively trade your free exalted feats from Vow Of Povery with any feat you qualify for. If you're feeling ornery, trade out Vow of Poverty as well, then demand] full WBL from your DM.
    Wouldn't you lose the Exalted feats, because you don't qualify for them without Vow of Poverty?
    He traded those out already.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

24. - Top - End - #234

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaje View Post
    How about 2 levels of chameleon to get an abyssal heritor feat every day, which you then swap out with StDC. You gained those feats through spells, so you should keep them, yes? Repeat every day for a year.
    Just shuffle away feats gained from repeated casting of Heroics. Now you don't have to be Chameleon (although they are awesome). Or devote yourself to an Elder Evil.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Just shuffle away feats gained from repeated casting of Heroics. Now you don't have to be Chameleon (although they are awesome). Or devote yourself to an Elder Evil.
    Would the traded out feats go away when the Heroics spell wore off?
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #236

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't think the Heroics version will work, since it says "For the duration of the spell, the subject can use the feat as if it were one of those the creature had already selected". This implies that they do not GAIN the feat, they can just use it as if they had gained it. There is no actual feat gained to be traded away, the spell just emulates the effects of the feat.

*It does.*

What.

27. - Top - End - #237

HalflingPirate

I don't think the Heroics version will work, since it says "For the duration of the spell, the subject can use the feat as if it were one of those the creature had already selected". This implies that they do not GAIN the feat, they can just use it as if they had gained it. There is no actual feat gained to be traded away, the spell just emulates the effects of the feat.
    That's what I get for posting from my laptop that doesn't have the books on it.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Pity, that would have been an amazing trick.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a question: If you use phaerimm race too turn your Sorcerer spells into SLA's, How would that interact with the following things.

Reserve Feats

Mage of the Arcane Order

Item Familiar.
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Seeing all the IHS posts got me thinking:

Step 1. Be a Kaorti Warblade.
    Step 2. Take off your armor.
    Step 3. IHS away Material Plane Vulnerability.
    Step 4. ???
    Step 5. Laugh

Immediately, there are only a few possible outcomes I can think of, and only one that is kind of bad.

1. You are no longer affected by the material plane. Awesome sauce.

2. The Material Plane/world you're on gets sent to another plane. Bad if it's an Inner Plane, workable if it's an Outer Plane, near trivial if it's a Transitive Plane, epic win if it's the Far Realm, and "the DM didn't read the vulnerability right and is spiting you" if it's an alternate Material Plane.

3. You, and only you, get sent to another plane. See above.

4. You get teleported back to your cyst. Minor inconvenience at worst.

Now to sit back and wait for other people to poke holes in my statement and argue for pages.
    Proud beta-tester for Pirates vs. Ninjas

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have enough templates in your life? Let's Read the Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition!(Abandoned)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In the employer/BBEG's mansion.