New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

5 pages in 10 hours? You ponies have gone Krah-zeee-
    And aparently not even the few hours of silent after 2 AM PT are respected anymore

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh. I just sorta feel like I can't win with that scene; when I had Big Mac being overly friendly, Amish called me on it.

I guess I'll just have to keep tweaking it an working it over.

At least I didn't learn that Big Mac was hard to write for in a fic where I put him center stage.

... I think what I'll do is take out the overt "I'm watching you." Would that improve things in your mind?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would improve, yes.

But in the end you need to write what you're comfortable with. We just can try to give you new angles with our perspective.

Something's driving me mildly crazy. I remember in an episode that Rainbow Dash said "I love fun things!" but I can't remember what the circumstances were.

Personally, I'm willing to allow for bad things to happen to ponies when it makes sense. Sure, Applejack's parents could be off exploring the world, but my fanon (ah say you, they dead) fits the facts well. I don't insist on my interpretation of course. Just... not all things are sunshine and rainbows in the end. Sunshine, perhaps. Rainbows, perhaps. But you don't always get both.

I'm rather G1 that way.
    Quick note: There are transcripts of all episodes in the MLP wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    Confound this pony thread, it grows eight pages whenever I go to sleep.
    Welcome to my life bro. I've been doing it since thread 2 :D

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Go to Bronycon, meet Hoity Toity.

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, the only pony I could cosplay is Caramel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Somepony totally needs to write a fic with Krastos the Glue Maker. I can see him as a full-on moustache twiddling, completely inept villain, in the mold of DickDastardly. (Though that might be because I caught part of a very old Hanna Barbera cartoon film that had the Dread Baron and Mumbly, Dastardly and Muttely's earliest incarntaions.)

Maybe he could be Dock Dastardly and Sootley's boss. General Krastos the Glue Maker...

Dock Dastardly: *speaking into an old candlestick phone* Yes gen-er-al, don't worry, we'll capture that pathetic pegasus pony for your glue factory! Ee-hehehe! You can rely on Vulture Squadron, sir! When have we ever let you down!

*A hand comes out of the phone and beans him on the head, before snatching the reciever out of Dastardly's hand and hanging the phone up*

Dock Dastardly: Rassumfrassumgeneral... Sootley! Sootely! Where is that ridiculous dragon! Ah there you are, you lazy lizard! Why haven't you finished mopping the hangar!

Sootely: Rassumfrassumwockwastardly

*Ditzy flies past, with her mail bag and blows her trumpet right in Dastardly's ears, causing him to fall over swirled-eyed, before streaking off. Sootley makes his trademark snicker*

Dock Dastardly: *jumping to his feet and waving his fist* I'll get that pony if it's the last thing I do!

Sooo...stop the pony
    Stop the pony...

*dives for cover as people throw things at him*

I don't care! This is now my fanon.
    Why isn't this written yet? WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN WRITTEN YET?

(adds yet another fic to the pile of crossovers that should have been done for great justice.)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Image dump time. Welf and I have been slacking.

Spoiler
    Show
    A challenge I can't ignore.
    I have been neglectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Darnit. Image dump absolutely murdered my internet. Now I need to reload them images again.
    Say goodbye to your bandwidth. Pinkie Pie edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Welf; 2011-06-27 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Why isn't this written yet? WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN WRITTEN YET?

(adds yet another fic to the pile of crossovers that should have been done for great justice.)
    We can always dream.

*facepalm* I just realised I used "hand" and "fist" instead of hoof. Fixin' that now...

(My trouble is I'm very good at coming up with fragments of stories in my head, but never quite enough to tie them together, nor I am writer enough to grit my teeth and sit down to write anything. I think sometimes it's because twenty years of nearly constant DMing (I'm either running or prepping to run) for two groups, plus doing all the scenarios for my wargames and all the overly-detailed world-building I do, I think my creativity gets stretched a bit thin. If I could find a way to translate my random musings directly to data (though-to-document), I'd probably have enough snippets to bother to weave them together. But as it is, I find I just can't work up the energy to write them down at the moment. (Notably, I have been reading fanfic for ten years and have written precisely two of them...)

Still, we have ended up having to combine the two groups now. The last session of the uncombined group - my first roleplaying group, who I've been with all that time is tonight (the final blow of one of the other chaps is moving to Germany, leaving the Rolls-Royce" club with only one actual Rolls-Royce member - we already had to abandon the RR venue the last month of so for our new one (as fee time was coming up again). Bit of an end of an era, really. Anyway, once the groups are combined, I'll have literally halved my DMing load, so there's that.)

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I have devised the cure for Silly. First let me demonstrate my methodology.

First, I found a silly pony who survived for years with high levels of silly in their system. Now, who's a silly pony? You is, Applejack! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84PZbL_-jjU

I conducted a detailed study of her anatomy and found no physical reason for her to survive such high quantities of Silly. However, then I realized... her hat.

Cowboys are kick-flank movie heroes who are taken seriously DESPITE WEARING SILLY HATS. (See: 75% of the career of John Wayne.) Cowboy hats counteract silly. GRIF.

IF YOU GET A COWBOY HAT, YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO LIVE.
    ...BRAEBURN SAVED MY LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    This should be the official brony welcome from now on.
    Yes. Yes it should.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    While the amount of oversion irks me, and I'm not sure fertility clinic is the right word choice, this is totally how Twilight manages to support everypony on a librarian's salary.
    Agreed. 8D
    I'm her... partner.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Just because I want to spread some love and give anypony the foals that they want! Everypony should get a chance to have a cute filly if they want one!

I'm not mad! I'm just wanting to help everypony!

... aw, I was proud of MC Rapplejack...
    I liked it.

you know, mate, you could just ask for a fix. Both myself and Soft Serve have offered. It's still open if you are so inclined ;)
    Just for the record, if it bugs anyone OUT of character, just say so and I'll undo it myself.

Ok, ok. Before we have a civil war, I should come clean.
    This whole 'Luna wants a foal' business was just me messing around with some alternate timelines, because I read a story on EAD that had promise but was really poorly written. I just wanted Luna to have a kid with Rainbow Dash, and I figured a touch of Phoe's Rainbows would ease the temporal transition.
    Can I have one too?

I wasn't trying to harvest! I was trying to help Esper, silly filly. And this isn't cupcake grade love; it's too chunky.

Oh well. This reminds me of another song! Or is it a rap...

Yo I'm Ol' Dirty Pinkie, you better watch yourself son!
    I'll put a cap in your mark and I don't need a gun
    I'm smiles and rainbows when my hair has a poof
    But diss my parties and I won't be a goof

Grew up on a rock farm outside of horse town
    Wasn't allowed to smile so I'd sigh and I'd frown
    Till one day a rainbow blew up my brain
    I say it fixed me, doctors said it made me sane

Or was that insane, I always confuse the two
    Time for a tea party, what are you up to
    Change places I say and the ponies comply
    'Cause when my hair goes flat I do more than cry

Equestria Girls, boots and bikinis on top
    I can see you all, so don't go clop clop
    It makes ponies sad and just wanna cry
    Don't take my word on it, just ask Fluttershy!

Oh... uh... m-m-my name is Fluttershy and... bunnies are... (Squeak) (runs off crying)

Well look at the time, the clock says ponies
    I pour out a forty for all my bronies
    But it's time to head out, I got cupcakes to bake
    Hush now quiet, soon you gonna wake. Peace out, everypony!
    I have to do this.

oh, Uh, hey there, Poker Buddy. Gee, it sure is weird you wanted to play a game of poker, just you and I, here in this closet <.<psst. If you do this sort of thing in public, other ponies may think they can jump in. I don't wanna be dragged closet to closet, and YOU prolly don't want other ponies joining in.
    Too late!
    I have a special talent, similar to Pinkie's. Whenever a secret is about to be betrayed... BAM! Pinkie. Whenever cuddles or more are on offer? BAM! Lixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Why?

Because not even the canon stories, the Episodes, end well all the time, and sometimes bad ending is really needed to drive the point home?

Say, you're writing a fic about Luna/Celestia conflict 1000 years ago, how exactly you will make that have a good ending?
    Celestia: I'm never going to be happy again... (cries, puts on facade)
    (1000 years later)
    Luna: (APOLOGYGLOMP)

Go to Bronycon, meet Hoity Toity.
    Go to Bronycon
    Bronycon
    ...bad Lixie. Green isn't your colour.

And now for what the rap caused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yo this is a story all about how my life got turned flipped outside down and I'd like to take a minute-just sit down there!
    And tell ya how I became princess in Ponyville square
    Iiiiin west fillydelphia born and raised, on a rock farm, is where I spent most of my days.
    Chillin out, digging, parties are cool
    And searching for my m-mark outside of the school
    When a couple o' colts, they were so really good!
    Started hanging round in my neighbourhood!
    I went to one big closet my mom felt ill!
    She said you're moving to your auntie's in north ponyville.
    I searched for a guide and when she came near
    Her eyes were all derped and there were bubbles on her rear
    To be honest I though this mare was chill
    So I followed her plot and said 'on to the 'ville!'
    I got to the house about seven or eight
    And I winked at the pony 'Yo mare, see ya later!'
    I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
    The new princess of Ponyville square.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-06-27 at 09:58 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

But Lixie, I like green.

Don't worry Lixie, it was mostly a 100 brony gathering than a true con.

The real BroNYCon is planned for Mid August. I'm totally having trouble finding a metal band to play the Sea Pony song. Ten guys growling it through Rock Band isn't the same. But we have a venue. Anypony who finds themselves near NYC then can come. We had bronies from. Virginia to Massachusetts.

What was funny is the June Bronycon was during the Gay Pride parade. Had we remembered, we could have sold more RD shirts.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

8. - Top - End - #518
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm the mother flippin' Rhymepegasus
    My beats pop and make the bunnies hop
    and I'm flyin'
    I'm flyin'
    If I choose to continue, you'll choose a new venue
    Cause if I hit you with my rhymes
    The Sweet Sonic Rainboom.

I'm not just wild, I'm cultured, sophisticated,
    I was raised by a princess and god who married
    And subsequently fancied.

That's how it goes
    Here's the Hiphopocampus
    The Hip Hop Seahorse

They call me the Hiphopocampus
    My lyrics are pompous...

(beat)

Just posting what I have so far.
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-06-27 at 09:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

The REAL challenge is a pony version of "If You're Into It"

10. - Top - End - #520
    Banned

Awesome, a FotC fan!

I think a really funny crossover would be "Bret You Got It Going On" with Rainbow Dash and... Rarity.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Agreed. 8D
    I'm her... partner.
    The thing is, in terms of being a part of the whole Midnight sort of thing, I can actually see it happening. Not, like, 'The Great and Powerful Foal Emporium', like I was joking, but I can definitely see Twilight and Trixie being quietly approached by couples who want some help siring their own offspring, regardless of their sexual orientation.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

So I woke up this morning and planned on trying to catch up on what I missed in this thread the last two days since I've been too busy to really stop in. Then I saw the page count. I'll just assume insanity happened and move along.

Which leads to a question! The frilly frou-frou dress that Applejack had to wear in Look Before You Sleep... Where did it come from? Why does Twilight have such a dress handy?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Banned

A wizard Rarity did made it?

14. - Top - End - #524

Spoiler
    Show
    Yo this is a story all about how my life got turned flipped outside down and I'd like to take a minute-just sit down there!
    Iiiiin west fillydelphia born and raised, on a rock farm, is where I spent most of my days.
    Her eyes were all derped and there were bubbles on her flank rear
    a small change, I fixed it for you...
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

...you did.
    (edits)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground

you know, mate, you could just ask for a fix. Both myself and Soft Serve have offered. It's still open if you are so inclined ;)
    Now maybe its just the fact that I'm starting to get used to it now, but I just can't seem to convince myself that I should try to change back. At least, not for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Say goodbye to your bandwidth. Pinkie Pie edition.

Spoiler
    Show

PINKIE PIE!!
    You are going to have to try harder than that to destroy my bandwidth!
    By the way, I always love these image dumps; there's always something that I haven't seen before.

And now for what the rap caused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Her eyes were all derped and there were bubbles on her flank rear
    All these pony raps have been awesome, but I always have weakness for parodies of the Fresh Prince.
    Also, fixed the one missed rhyme (unless that was the intent, in which case I broke it and I'm very sorry for it )

Edit: ninja'd on the fix (is there a ponified version for ninjas anyway?)
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-06-27 at 10:13 AM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

17. - Top - End - #527
    Firbolg in the Playground

Started the day with Rainbow Sheen Winning. Feel Alfalfa.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    And the person has drawn quite a few more... interesting pictures as well it seems. Quite amusing.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Edit: ninja'd on the fix (is there a ponified version for ninjas anyway?)
    Not yet there isn't!

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER NINJA WARRIORS!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #530

Wait wait, who let Applebloom travel back in time to attend the same family reunion 4 times. And more importantly, why didn't AB see her own cutie mark?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Wait wait, who let Applebloom travel back in time to attend the same family reunion 4 times. And more importantly, why didn't AB see her own cutie mark?
    Y'know it could just be family resemblance, it being a family reunion and all. Or the Doctor could be involved. Either one.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-06-27 at 10:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Banned

The mane and tail look different to me...
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-06-27 at 10:32 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Me being from Hooflyn I should be able to rap better but.

But I can get a decent flow at work.

Spoiler
    Show
    You know I hug 'em, glomp 'em, love 'em, leave 'em Cause I don't filly need 'em
    Take 'em out the 'ville
    Keep their closets fill
    But I don't even feed em
    First time they fic, I'm cheezin'
    Talking 'bout what's the reasons
    I'm a brony in every sense of the word, mare
    Better trust and believe 'em
    And during winter wrap up when I leave em
    'Til I need my muffs '
    Til I need my pet skunk and its Fluttershy!
    And she brings her 'em up
    Pull Rainbow out of trunk and dress her like a punk
    Until Rarity comes and brings me cocoa cups
    And Applejack starts doing apple bucks
    Just because you got great pie
    You the Pinkie of my eye
    So you can be livin' it up
    Ponies, I don't care. Y'all aint there'
    Me give my heart to a mare?
    Never fear, not on dares
    I never pull my hair
    Sraight Rainbow Dashing, I got no passion
    I got no patience and I hate gaitin'
    Mare get your flank in here

And let's TRO-O-O-O-O-OT
    Check 'em out now TRO-O-O-O-O-OT
    Yeah And let's TRO-O-O-O-O-OT
    Check em out now TRO-O-O-O-O-OT

We bein' big bronies,
    we spendin' B's (Check 'em out now )
    Big bronies
    Ask DJ Pon-3
    We doin' big bronies with the silly ponies
    It's just that Luna-mare, Pimp-C, and GAPT.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Hispania: Land of SCIENCE AND SENSUALITY.
    This is an...intriguing...juxtaposition. Dare I ask what sort of experiments are conducted?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    The thing is, in terms of being a part of the whole Midnight sort of thing, I can actually see it happening. Not, like, 'The Great and Powerful Foal Emporium', like I was joking, but I can definitely see Twilight and Trixie being quietly approached by couples who want some help siring their own offspring, regardless of their sexual orientation.
    'The Great and Powerful Foal Emporium'
    'The Great and Powerful Foal Emporium'
    Bahahahahahahahaha! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    And the person has drawn quite a few more... interesting pictures as well it seems. Quite amusing.
    Er, yes. That is the flip side of DA; it is particularly evident in the case of artists like Kloudmutt...some very cute SFW things and some other things...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

After reading this ponythread I think we need a change in parameters. It's actually really rare for there to be a normal conversation while insanity is a dime-a-dozen.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    After reading this ponythread I think we need a change in parameters. It's actually really rare for there to be a normal conversation while insanity is a dime-a-dozen.
    All according to the great Pink One's plans.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you define normal in the context of pony thread anyway?

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

I think we chucked "normal" out the back of the pony bus looooong ago.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #539

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Bahahahahahahahaha! Yes!
    Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Well, to be fair, a lot of the reason is that there just isn't that much to talk about between seasons, what with there being no episodes and all.

Besides, the insanity is fun!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I think we chucked "normal" out the back of the pony bus looooong ago.
    Nonsense! We are all perfectly normal. It's just that MLP has a magical ability to redefine your definition of 'normal' after watching three episodes.