New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores Dream World/Time Bubbles Thread

Dawn Blossom raised an eyebrow at the dog that spoke to her. "What makes you think we're gem hunter ponies?" she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

"Yea.....its like yer trying to say that, that's what all ponies are,"
    Spark chimed in, mostly because Benson isn't quite sure how else to contribute right now.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Pyrite did as he was told this time. It may have seemed like a challenge, but Pyrite wasn't just greedy. He was a salesman. A consumate actor of getting what he wants. What he wasn't sure of was exactly what Dawn was hoping to accomplish, but he reared up to toss the diamond from hoof to hoof in a bored way before adding,

"Oh, this? It's no big deal."

He had broken out the tone of voice his older siblings used at him all.the.time. The 'you're not worth the bother of feeling' voice.
    "If it's no big deal, give here. And then find more." Rover said, thinking himself quite clever for coming up with the solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Dawn Blossom raised an eyebrow at the dog that spoke to her. "What makes you think we're gem hunter ponies?" she asked.
    "Some ponies hunt gems," said Spot, "You have gems. Ponies are gem hunter ponies!"
    "So go hunt gems!" Rover finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Yea.....its like yer trying to say that, that's what all ponies are,"
    Spark chimed in, mostly because Benson isn't quite sure how else to contribute right now.
    "Some ponies pull carts too," Fido added helpfully. "Or fight monsters."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

"And if we don't want to?"
    He said challenging though underneath he was a little but uneasy with this.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "If it's no big deal, give here. And then find more." Rover said, thinking himself quite clever for coming up with the solution to the problem.

"Some ponies hunt gems," said Spot, "You have gems. Ponies are gem hunter ponies!"
    "So go hunt gems!" Rover finished.

"Some ponies pull carts too," Fido added helpfully. "Or fight monsters."
    "Gentledogs, gentledogs... Why should I do such a thing? Why should I give you this diamond if you're just going to enslave me? I mean, it's my diamond. I could...eat it. Or play basketball with it. Or use it to plate my horn. It'd all be much better than giving it away, right? Practical. I thought we were dealing with the kings of gems. But if you can't even understand a basic negotiation, I see I muuust have been mistaken."

He tossed the gem from forehoof to forehoof idly. He was in full salespony mode, wheedling at them with a toothy smile.

"You see, the way business works is this: I have something you want. You have to offer me something I want, or I won't give it to you. But you can't get rough with a person you're trying to get something from, see? That's bad for business. It means if I get another gem -- which you believe I am in power to do -- I won't give it to you, mister Diamond Dog. I'll give it to him over there, in secret,"

He pointed to a diamond dog at random, just to make his point clear. He was now talking at very fast speeds, trying to keep the diamond dogs so perplexed by all the things he was explaining, trying to keep themselves from looking foolish -- well, more foolish -- that they basically overlooked the central flaws in his logic.

"Because he can promise me something, or he won't be rough with li'l old Pyrite. No, the only way to ensure that you get the gem and get more gems from me is to give me what I want."

He slowed a bit, so his central thesis remained clear. Let's. Make. A. Deal.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #366

"Ponies eat gems?" Spot said blankly.
    "I didn't know ponies ate gems." Said Fido.
    "Shut up, dogs!" Rover said, smacking Spot behind the ear, "Stop talking about ponies eating gems! You'll make them hungry!"

Rover then turned back to Pyrite, lowering his brow as he tried to figure out the principles of nonviolent trade.
    "So what do ponies want?"

"Eat gems!" Fido said proudly. Rover glared at him.
    "Um... Ponies want to pull carts?" Spot said.
    "Find gems! Ponies want to find gems!" Fido said.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom nodded, playing along with Pyrite's negotiations. "Look," she said. "Where we come from, that gem is just a piece of junk, discarded in the search for any gems of actual value. As far as we're concerned, you can have them. But you can't have them if we can't get them to you. And they're not here, they're back home. Simply put, if you want this gem, you're going to have to let us out."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #368

Dawn Blossom nodded, playing along with Pyrite's negotiations. "Look," she said. "Where we come from, that gem is just a piece of junk, discarded in the search for any gems of actual value. As far as we're concerned, you can have them. But you can't have them if we can't get them to you. And they're not here, they're back home. Simply put, if you want this gem, you're going to have to let us out."
    "Right! So you ponies," the dog gestured vaguely at Dawn and Thunderbolt, "Stay! Hunt gems here! And you ponies, go hunt gems out there!"

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

"Right! So you ponies," the dog gestured vaguely at Dawn and Thunderbolt, "Stay! Hunt gems here! And you ponies, go hunt gems out there!"

"Wha?........No.....you're all denser than me and that's depressing,"
    Spark face hooved. "Let us go now before I...." He reared up and made a boxing gesture. "....give you a whooping."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Question Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores Dream World/Time Bubbles Thread

He shook his head a little. He was just trying to take a moment and decide how much he could have bled these dogs for...Well, no matter.

"You're missing the point again. Sure, I can go and get you gems. But what happens when I get them? Do you think I'll give them to you, who's going to keep my friends down here? Or to..."

He pointed to a dog at random. Plan B was sow dissention and get out alive. Make the dogs think about each other instead of them.

"Him, who maybe I can talk into letting my buddies and I go free? Why, we could do all sorts of negotiations without you noticing. I mean, I'll probably give you *some* gems, since that's the system... But maybe they won't be my nicest gems. and then he'll keep all the good gems for himself -- and why shouldn't he? He earned them by making a deal with me. It's the way of the world, right? "

The change in tense was his favorite part.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #371

"Wha?........No.....you're all denser than me and that's depressing,"
    Spark face hooved. "Let us go now before I...." He reared up and made a boxing gesture. "....give you a whooping."
    The burly Fido stepped forwards, looming over Spark and chuckling blankly. He reached down, perhaps ill advisedly, to give the pony a condescending pat on the head.

He shook his head a little. He was just trying to take a moment and decide how much he could have bled these dogs for...Well, no matter.

"You're missing the point again. Sure, I can go and get you gems. But what happens when I get them? Do you think I'll give them to you, who's going to keep my friends down here? Or to..."

He pointed to a dog at random. Plan B was sow dissention and get out alive. Make the dogs think about each other instead of them.

"Him, who maybe I can talk into letting my buddies and I go free? Why, we could do all sorts of negotiations without you noticing. I mean, I'll probably give you *some* gems, since that's the system... But maybe they won't be my nicest gems. and then he'll keep all the good gems for himself -- and why shouldn't he? He earned them by making a deal with me. It's the way of the world, right? "

The change in tense was his favorite part.
    "Hmm," Rover said, glaring at the other dog, who panted mindlessly inside his armour. "and if I am nice to you, I get all the gems?"

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

"Right! And the first step to that is letting me and my other friends go home, because ponies don't like living underground, and we've got loved ones who are worried about us. And in exchange, I give you all my gems."

Really, he had just the one gem. But he knew a guy who could blow him some convincing glass substitutes... Still, getting out was the first step.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #373

"Right! And the first step to that is letting me and my other friends go home, because ponies don't like living underground, and we've got loved ones who are worried about us. And in exchange, I give you all my gems."

Really, he had just the one gem. But he knew a guy who could blow him some convincing glass substitutes... Still, getting out was the first step.
    Unfortunately for the dog, when the concept of 'bargaining' is a new and novel concept, the concept of 'dishonourable bargaining' is a far away dream. The dog could not see a future that wasn't him rolling around in a scrooge mcduck style vault of gemstones - how could this possibly go wrong for him?

Rover nodded his head, scratched his chin and said,
    "Yes... Fine. You get us all the gems, and we let ponies go."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

"Great! Here's the only gem I have with me, as a deposit... And I'll be back once we've had time to get everyone home and for me to get at my cache. Thank you for shopping Pyrite-mart today, for all your gemstone needs. Remember: no cancellations and no refunds And have a nice day!"

Pyrite, with great external cheer and some internal reluctance, handed them his diamond, and began pushing them all en-masse towards the exit, in case the deal went sour. Now, it techincally shouldn't be possible for little Pyrite to push a large group of foals... But he was nervy and high on the excitement of a dirty deal.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-10-08 at 11:34 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #375

The dog picked up the gemstone and held it up to the light admiringly. Then he stashed it inside his inner coat pocket defensively and straightened his jacket in pride.

"Remember, pony. Bring the gems," Rover said ominously, "Don't want to have to go after you."

Other than that threat, their exit from the warrens was unhindered.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

When they reached the light of the moon (it had gotten quite late), Pyrite tossed his head. He was grinning sincerely, not his usual put-upon grin.

"Well, I've learned a valuable lesson today. It's sometimes important to let your friends curb your more extreme impulses."

He commented, to no one in particular. He was going to save bragging for later.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom let out a big yawn as she followed the others out of the cave. "I'm too tired to come up with a moral, myself," she said.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Greenhouse, evening of Day 1 of the Age Regression arc]

filly!Silvermane yawned and rubbed her eyes as she returned home with Whitefire. It had been a long and tiring day, and being a foal now Silvermane was tired earlier than normal. She rubbed her eyes as she followed Whitefire into the greenhouse.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

When they reached the light of the moon (it had gotten quite late), Pyrite tossed his head. He was grinning sincerely, not his usual put-upon grin.

"Well, I've learned a valuable lesson today. It's sometimes important to let your friends curb your more extreme impulses."

He commented, to no one in particular. He was going to save bragging for later.
    Dawn Blossom let out a big yawn as she followed the others out of the cave. "I'm too tired to come up with a moral, myself," she said.

"I learned....that...there are just some really dumb creatures out there who can be conned rather easily,"
    He said with bemused smile as she shook his head. "Well, and also.....this adventure felt like it went on for ages....I'm pooped. I guess this is where we call it a day and go home."

20. - Top - End - #380

[The Greenhouse, evening of Day 1 of the Age Regression arc]

filly!Silvermane yawned and rubbed her eyes as she returned home with Whitefire. It had been a long and tiring day, and being a foal now Silvermane was tired earlier than normal. She rubbed her eyes as she followed Whitefire into the greenhouse.
    Kah's false calm had returned to her without her noticing. To almost anypony, including herself, she looked completely at peace - but there was a tension there, a part of her mind that was stressing itself out by focusing on seeming that peaceful.

"Did you want dinner, or straight to bed?" She asked, the faint formal undertone to her words that always surfaced when she wasn't paying attention creeping back in.

"I learned....that...there are just some really dumb creatures out there who can be conned rather easily,"
    He said with bemused smile as she shook his head. "Well, and also.....this adventure felt like it went on for ages....I'm pooped. I guess this is where we call it a day and go home."
    "I agree. I feel like I was down that hole for months," Charger said.

She gave a brief smile, though.

"Thank you."
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-12 at 09:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

"Goodnight everyone."

He went home for the night, finally freeing up his adventure.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Kah's false calm had returned to her without her noticing. To almost anypony, including herself, she looked completely at peace - but there was a tension there, a part of her mind that was stressing itself out by focusing on seeming that peaceful.

"Did you want dinner, or straight to bed?" She asked, the faint formal undertone to her words that always surfaced when she wasn't paying attention creeping back in.
    Silvermane thought for a moment, considering the question. But her tummy answered for her, letting out a low growl. "Um ... some food would be nice," she admitted.

"I agree. I feel like I was down that hole for months," Charger said.

She gave a brief smile, though.

"Thank you."
    "Yeah, me too, I'm exhausted. I'll walk you home, I pass by that way on my way to the farm."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #383

Silvermane thought for a moment, considering the question. But her tummy answered for her, letting out a low growl. "Um ... some food would be nice," she admitted.
    "I'll just go cook you something," Kah said with an optimism in her voice that really shouldn't be there.

"Yeah, me too, I'm exhausted. I'll walk you home, I pass by that way on my way to the farm."
    "Thanks," Charger said.

She was covered in bruises and scuff marks, her generator was mostly wrecked, her mane was legendarily tangled, she smelled like dog, her hooves hurt and she was so tired she just wanted to lie down and sleep where she was.

But she was happy. Charger was really happy, looking up at the stars.

She hadn't found her talent, but she felt like she'd come close.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll just go cook you something," Kah said with an optimism in her voice that really shouldn't be there.
    "Um, w-well, okay," Silvermane said uncertainly. "Just ... just some rosebuds." After all, Whitefire surely couldn't burn down the kitchen getting rosebuds out of the icebox.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #385

"Um, w-well, okay," Silvermane said uncertainly. "Just ... just some rosebuds." After all, Whitefire surely couldn't burn down the kitchen getting rosebuds out of the icebox.

Kah got to the kitchen, opened the icebox, and found the stored rosebuds.

There's not many left, she thought. There's no way that can be enough, after a day like that. I'll just chop some daisies as well.

She wasn't quite sure how she'd managed to knock the jar of chilli flakes over the chopped daisies, but she'd managed to shake most of them off before she took the meal to Silvermane.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

((Finally back from AAC, where ponies were well-represented. Let's get this thing rolling again.))

Kah got to the kitchen, opened the icebox, and found the stored rosebuds.

There's not many left, she thought. There's no way that can be enough, after a day like that. I'll just chop some daisies as well.

She wasn't quite sure how she'd managed to knock the jar of chilli flakes over the chopped daisies, but she'd managed to shake most of them off before she took the meal to Silvermane.
    Silvermane was fairly impressed that Whitefire hadn't set anything on fire this time. She gratefully took the salad and nommed it down. "Thank you!" she said before chowing down.

Then the remaining chili flakes hit her mouth. Her little filly face turned red, and she started sweating as her mane briefly turned into fire. She dashed to the ice box and gulped down a jug of milk to cool her mouth.

Some time later, as she lay in bed, a thought would occur to her: We don't even HAVE chili flakes!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #387

((Finally back from AAC, where ponies were well-represented. Let's get this thing rolling again.))

Silvermane was fairly impressed that Whitefire hadn't set anything on fire this time. She gratefully took the salad and nommed it down. "Thank you!" she said before chowing down.

Then the remaining chili flakes hit her mouth. Her little filly face turned red, and she started sweating as her mane briefly turned into fire. She dashed to the ice box and gulped down a jug of milk to cool her mouth.

Some time later, as she lay in bed, a thought would occur to her: We don't even HAVE chili flakes!

Kah's mind instantly filled with confusion (I shook all the chilli off!) guilt (I should have tasted it first!) and sympathy (Eek! I've got to help her!). The sum reaction was a hasty series of
    "Sorry, sorry, sorry!", rushing over to Silvermane, and nervous hesitating while trying to think of what to do.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvermane panted for a moment after chugging down the milk, before the burn subsided enough for her to talk. "I'm okay," she said, taking a couple deep breaths. "It ... it wasn't that bad," she lied. "Just ... unexpected."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #389

Silvermane panted for a moment after chugging down the milk, before the burn subsided enough for her to talk. "I'm okay," she said, taking a couple deep breaths. "It ... it wasn't that bad," she lied. "Just ... unexpected."
    "Right. I'm sorry." Kah said, scuffing the carpet with one hoof, "Uh. Would you like me to get you some cereal instead?"

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvermane shook her head with a small smile. "No, that's okay," she said. "The salad did fill me up."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show