New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Okay, first and formost:

V.Z.: He's contributed little(Except for some excellent RPing.) and has seemed off the whole way. Thufir did point at him last, which is one of the two possible causes for his death that seem likely ATM. The other choice is they scried him.

Lamech and Rogue Nine: Chainsaw defense. The two are co-operating while never seeming to run into each other. I'll bet my role that they're connected. Since there isn't enough Mason's, I think they're either Neutral or Wolf. Take your pick.

TsukikoJ: Can't pin it down fully, but stealth-wolf actions with Lamech and RN. Likely on exactly the same side as the other two.

I do have other suspicions, but only Qwaz will know them for now.
    Here's where you're wrong. I was not cooperating with anyone except Mordakai, and we couldn't get out plan off the ground since A. he died and B. there wasn't a beast I could kill...

Until today. I, Rogue Nine, can kill Dual Horns. Dual Horns drop the Sending Staff, an important item for team Spira. If I succeed AND get that item, I will pass it to the player of the Mason's choice.

Trust me or not, Qwaz you know where to find me.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Lamech, for lack of a better idea.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've got a question. Am I right in thinking that the person with the most votes faces the cactuar and the person with the second most faces the dual horn?
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    I've got a question. Am I right in thinking that the person with the most votes faces the cactuar and the person with the second most faces the dual horn?
    I hope so.

EDIT: A Cactuar and Dual Horn have been spotted! You only need to vote for one person, but at the end of the day phase the players first and second in the vote will take on the respective encounter.

So it looks like yes.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-07-25 at 04:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The orphan sat on the sand, near the spot his hero's body had been found. His father's book lay open on his lap, ignored, his Wakka blitzball card pressed between the pages as a bookmark. He hunched over a small brass locket containing the only picture he had of his mother. They've taken everything from me.

OOC: I'm actually leaning toward bladescape seeming more wolfish, though Lamech has a spot lower down on my list. Other suspects as of now: deathslayer and Gray Mage, as I know both are skilled players and they've been laying low so far. I'm keeping an eye on Tsukiko and Phantom, as I don't know them well. I don't trust Qwaz - the only times I've seen someone try a similar tactic they've been villagers, but it just seems like a really good way to gather target information if he's a wolf. That said, I don't think he or Rogue Nine are wolves.

I hate being blind.
    possible reasons: giantitp.com doesnt work on my computer but it does on another home computer. I'm getting the 324 Timed Out error so idk how to fix that. Until then, my access here is limited.

anyway, lamech
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Carbuncle saw, as apparently was more and more common, some people were shoving some others around. One person backing away from the argument was getting dangerously close to a prickly fiend. Carbuncle went over to Lamech and tried to signify the danger they were in but with all the hustle and bustle he was barely noticed.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bladescape is making my head itch. Qwaz could be a devil proxy gathering victims or just the fool. Evidence is inconclusive.

Lamech is good at slipping the radar, but I don't have a feel for him yet.

Rogue Nine could be trying a giant bluff - but to do it right (barring he's a neutral), he'd need a disguise for the night. It's possible, but I ain't putting good odds on it.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, first and formost:

V.Z.: He's contributed little(Except for some excellent RPing.) and has seemed off the whole way. Thufir did point at him last, which is one of the two possible causes for his death that seem likely ATM. The other choice is they scried him.
    Quote Originally Posted by V.Z. View Post
    I’m such a high suspect I get the first point of the day? Truly you flatter me! … Wait…

First off. It’s true that I haven’t done anything substantial in this game so far. The reason for this really boils down to; I really don’t know where or how to start looking. I'm sorry, but it really is as simple as that. By the way, aren’t there others providing RP and little else? What makes me stand out? The compliment on my RP’ing is appreciated though.

As for the Thufir matter. You got two theories considering him for suspecting me.
    1) He pointed at me and was killed the following night. Could you elaborate on why this makes me a suspicious? I just, really don’t see how it does. The second reason you name for his getting killed seems much more plausible.
    2) Thufir scanned me as Remnant and points at me. This one’s more reasonable, as well as possible. However, unless I was disguised as a Remnant for some reason, I cannot have appeared as one. Reason: I’m not a Remnant. No, I don’t have any proof, aside from that he’d probably have made more of an effort get people pointing at me if he actually scanned me as and thought me Remnant.

And that’s it for my defense. Yes, I realize that all in all I have nothing to prove that I’m no Remnant, so make of it what you will. Trust me or not. I can only say with certainty that killing me won’t get Spira any further. In the meanwhile I’ll be waiting here for some more theorizing to pop up before voting. Should I come up with any theories/suspicions/etc of my own, I’ll share them of course.
    I'm gonna add to this - Thufir's had four days of scrying, and it's pretty unlikely he hasn't hit at least one villager by then. He could have simply gotten them to proxy if V.Z. was a wolf - he knew he wasn't the fool because of Tilt.

Bladescape.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    I'm gonna add to this - Thufir's had four days of scrying, and it's pretty unlikely he hasn't hit at least one villager by then. He could have simply gotten them to proxy if V.Z. was a wolf - he knew he wasn't the fool because of Tilt.

Bladescape.
    One tactic good seers (ideally with mason/baner support, but one does what one can) use when they scry a wolf is to *not* lynch it right away - but watch what it does, who votes with it. Analyze patterns to try and find additional wolves (or at least better scry targets). When a wolf is known to everyone, then other wolves bandwagon it to try and hide their motives. When it is not, they aren't always as careful - they take more risks for their cause. So he could easily have scried Bladescape as a wolf and be holding the information. Sadly in this case his death means it was of little benefit unless he was in contact with other people beforehand.

10. - Top - End - #340

Bladescape, for reasons said and unsaid.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Pixie in the Playground

Also note that Sephiroth scans as a Spiran Civilian, so contacting someone who scried as a town non-power villager would not have been risk-free. Seers scry on nights, not days, so being killed on the fourth night Thufir would have had only three scries. There's a reasonable chance he didn't locate any villager power roles on those three. (Side note, do we know the number of masons in the game? This would be useful for doing the math.)

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Bladescape is making my head itch. Qwaz could be a devil proxy gathering victims or just the fool. Evidence is inconclusive.

Rogue Nine could be trying a giant bluff - but to do it right (barring he's a neutral), he'd need a disguise for the night. It's possible, but I ain't putting good odds on it.

Qwaz is neither. Qwaz is a mason. Tilt is the fool-claiment.

Are you being unobservant or deliberatly misleading?

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post

For me to be bluffing I'd have to have balls of steel to not send the item on if I got it. I'd be first on the line for lynching.

Banjo: can items be transferred more than once a night?

If so, I pass it to Qwaz, and he passes it on to whomever he trusts. I don't know the second person's name, and neither does anyone else.

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Qwaz is neither. Qwaz is a mason. Tilt is the fool-claiment.

Are you being unobservant or deliberatly misleading?
    What kind of fool would claim to be the latter?

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

One who first claimed to be the seer/fool, then discovered that he wasn't the seer.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    One who first claimed to be the seer/fool, then discovered that he wasn't the seer.
    I think he meant the part where I asked if he was being unobservent or deliberatly misleading

17. - Top - End - #347

Bladescape because he's trying to suggest that I'm a Remnant.
    Last edited by TsukikoJ; 2011-07-26 at 07:37 AM.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

I think he meant the part where I asked if he was being unobservent or deliberatly misleading
    Oh, I see, parsed that wrong -- now "latter" also makes sense. "Fool" being a role name becomes slightly confusing when people start calling each other or themselves fools .

19. - Top - End - #349

Dragoon sighs as his armor clanks again, stupid salt in the sea. Grumbling as he watches the others bicker,

Rogue Nine
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

You don't have to trust me but I don't understand your reasoning here. A villager couldn't expect to be counter-claimed if they were lying? Were I, another mason should have spoken up by now.

Mangosta71 for faulty reasoning which might sway people not paying attention and the "I hate being blind" comment ringing alarms.
    What I meant was, the lack of a counter-claim does not mean that you're telling the truth. I have a standard policy of not believing anything anyone says in a WW game aside from the narrator. If our power roles did contact you, and it turns out that you're not what you claim, it would be a disaster for us. However, I recall you doing something similar in L-Space, and it worked out very well for the village. That's why I think it's legit. Doesn't mean I'm not watching.

"I hate being blind" was a lament for the fallen seer. Unless we can find and recruit Cid, finding the remnants just got a lot harder.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

21. - Top - End - #351

Isa tilts her head to avoiding looking at Fin ((who is STILL a Remnant, people)) as she hurries by on her way to the beach. She carries with her a small basket, looped over one forearm. She wears a pretty sundress and a large, floppy hat, tied with brightly-colored ribbons. Spotting the small figure sitting on the beach, she smiles sadly and hurries his way. Sitting next to the little-orphan, the older orphan opens her basket. The smell of freshly baked goodies wafts out as she pulls out a blanket and lays it on the ground. Smoothing it down and weighing down the corners, she speaks quietly, nonchalantly, to the boy. My parents are gone too. I didn't know what to do at first, but then it came to me. A pause as she removed a pair of plates and cups from the basket. I need to try and be happy - they would have wanted that. And since I cannot fight the monsters, all I can do is help the people around me. Like you. Isa smiled and sat on the blanket. You look like you haven't had a good meal in days. She pulls out a small loaf of freshly-baked bread, some butter and cheese, and smoked ham from the butcher's shop. After pouring some juice into the cups, she begins to make two sandwiches. And since I have eaten alone too often recently, I insist that you join me. Smiling, she takes a bite of her food and sighs with contentment. Besides, I made iced sweetrolls for dessert. Nodding the an open spot on the blanket, Isa begins to eat.

((Mango, this is for you. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

22. - Top - End - #352

First note: Success!!!!

I'm probably going to get lynched today for it, but I've been trying to get the logics and actual working out of things moving and I've been quite successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    No it was a really vague claim. See:

Bold mine. There is nothing wrong with vague claims in and of themselves. But when you complain about them, and make vague "this somehow rings off for me." statements at the same time, I find it odd.
    Uh, that was at Gray Mage, and yes, it was just a passing comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I think by this point either Lamech or bladescape are wolves, leaning towards Lamech being the wolf. Anyway, we have a double lynch today, so might as well put it to good use.
    Or... Neither of us are. Never rule that out.

Quote Originally Posted by V.Z. View Post
    As for the Thufir matter. You got two theories considering him for suspecting me.
    1) He pointed at me and was killed the following night. Could you elaborate on why this makes me a suspicious? I just, really don’t see how it does. The second reason you name for his getting killed seems much more plausible.
    2) Thufir scanned me as Remnant and points at me. This one’s more reasonable, as well as possible. However, unless I was disguised as a Remnant for some reason, I cannot have appeared as one. Reason: I’m not a Remnant. No, I don’t have any proof, aside from that he’d probably have made more of an effort get people pointing at me if he actually scanned me as and thought me Remnant.
    Fail. There was two reasons for his death: Him pointing at you, or Yazoo having scried him. Yazoo scrying him doesn't give us any leads though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I'm also keeping an eye on Bladescape, though. I think he's being a bit too forceful about trying to control the in-thread conversation, though this might just be me being unused to common WW game behaviour.
    Actually, that's me trying to get conversation started forcefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    From the Lamech/Bladescape argument, I think Lamech looks more suspicious for now, after re-reading the thread. Frankly... I'm not convinced either way. Lamech seems to accuse Bladescape mainly because Bladescape is accusing him.
    Twasn't trying to be convincing. And lynch me if you want, but I'd rather you didn't go following my rather unstable arguement agaisnt Lamech. I was merely trying to get things moving.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    it's not like anyone has anything solid to go on at the moment and I don't think Lamech or Bladescape are remnants... they are attracting a bit too much unhealthy attention early on for some remnants.
    Glad to see someone has sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    Here's where you're wrong. I was not cooperating with anyone except Mordakai, and we couldn't get out plan off the ground since A. he died and B. there wasn't a beast I could kill...
    I only was slightly suspicious of you ATM. You only scored a 5 on my Wolf 1-20 radar.(Over 10 is when I start getting REALLY suspicious.)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Bladescape, for reasons said and unsaid.
    This is what I was trying to attract, keep an eye on those who DON'T really provide reasoning, please.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    Bladescape because he's trying to suggest that I'm a Remnant.
    You can ignore my list. It was an attempt to get people moving.

And as for that, voicing suspicions is pro-town peoples.

(Sorry for sending you a mostly faulty suspicions list, Qwaz.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Or... Neither of us are. Never rule that out.
    Who said I did?

Btw, your reason for thufir being killed because he pointed at V.Z. is faulty. You dismiss many scenarios much more likely then your first one. Still, this day might turn out to be productive, after all.

Mind sharing the rest of the scores on your radar, though?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Who said I did?

Btw, your reason for thufir being killed because he pointed at V.Z. is faulty. You dismiss many scenarios much more likely then your first one. Still, this day might turn out to be productive, after all.

Mind sharing the rest of the scores on your radar, though?
    I don't have a really big score yet. And yes, my reasoning was quite faulty, I believe I've already admitted to that.

My scores will come up in a little while, when I've got time to double check this thread and tally up points.(Should cross out my point at VZ as well....)

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

25. - Top - End - #355

Bladescape, for trying to inject logic into a werewolf game.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Bladescape, for trying to inject logic into a werewolf game.
    You'd rather shoot blind and potentially lose?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

Bladescape, even though Diva De is trying her best to earn a retaliatory point
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Mid-day Update!

21/29 vote in:

Bladescape - 8
    Lamech -7
    V.Z. - 2
    RogueNine -2
    Fin -1
    Mangosta71 - 1

As it stands, Bladescape would take on the Cactuar, and Lamech would have to try and bravely drag Lulu's corpse away from the Dual Horn.

Lex-Kat is the only player still up for autolynch. Someone give the pixie a heads-up!
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-07-26 at 05:12 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

29. - Top - End - #359
    Halfling in the Playground

And as it currently stands… things are still confusing as heck. I, really don’t think either of the two up for facing the encounters right now are Remnants (though Lamech would make a good Sephiroth ). I agree with Tigerfang that they probably attract too much attention at this point to be Remnants. This still leaves me without a clue on who actually is a wolf and I don’t want to vote randomly again. There is Rogue Nine, though. He seems both benign, claiming to give a useful item for the town (should he get it), but at the same time he just feels, off to me. Still, I think the possible edge he might give the town outweighs the loss of another possible innocent. So, Rogue Nine it is for now, hoping it’ll do some good. Keeping my eye on you, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

30. - Top - End - #360

Both of them don't feel very good to me, but I'll go with Bladescape