New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

992. I am no longer allowed to cast Call Zelekhut to have a CR9 Inevitable track down and kill the pickpocketing children who stole my bread from me in the tavern while I was hitting on the wenches.
    992b. I am not allowed to use call Zelekhut to kill paladins after convincing the mayor to make paladins illegal in town.
    992c. I am not allowed to use Call Kolyarut on people who broke their wedding vows. (Especially after using diplomancy to get them to do so.)
    993. I am no longer allowed to summon Inevitables.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Dwarf in the Playground

994. I may not play a frenzied beserker after that incident in the Spire.
    995. While trying to find and kill an invisible enemy I may not cast searing light on it's pet fiendish tendriculous that was not interested in killing anyone unless someone attacked it.
    996. Swallowed Half-Copper dragons may not carve out a pocket in an enemies stomach and live there feeding on the scraps the enemy eats.
    997. A pyromaniac paladin is not allowed.
    998. Worshipping the enemies gods and using my psionic powers to convert another player's character to my religion is not allowed. Especially if I plan to betray them. I must kill the rest of the party on my own, not with help.
    999. If the DM says only good characters are allowed and a fellow player uses an evil character I may not "kill him to avenge the DM's honour". Even if it is what my character would do.
    1000a. I may not attempt to kill the party frontliner by letting him go talk to a horde of orcs on his own after convincing the party we're better off without him.
    1000b. Especially if it turns out he's evil and this ends up ending the adventure much quicker than it should have been.
    1001. I cannot get drunk, body slam the floor, miss and claim I am now floating.
    Last edited by DoughGuy; 2011-08-14 at 07:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

1002. I am not allowed to roll to see if my character gets lucky at the bar.
    1003. I am not allowed to roll to see if anyone elses character gets lucky at the bar.
    1004. I am not allowed to roll to see if the DM gets lucky.
    1004a. especially when I use a d100.
    Haggis is Sheep's stomach filled with its intestines.

My blog "Awkward GM"

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    968: One style gives bonuses to using Claymores. One style gives bonuses to using Zweihanders. Claymores and Zweihanders are not the same thing, and you may only get the benefits of one school at a time.
    968a: While wielding the appropriate sword.
    968b: You may not dual-wield a Claymore and a Zweihander.
    968c: There is no such thing as a Clayhander.
    968d: Or a Zweimore, for that matter.
    968e: Any further inquiries along this line of questioning will result in being smacked with a dual-wielded Zweimore and Clayhander.
    Ahh, Houses. I play in John Wick's Larp version, and he does NOT put up with that , to quote, "Vampire wanna be power gaming bonus stacking BULL****" and has threatened to beat people for it.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

1005 I may not play characters based off of muppets.
    1006 Nor may I create a spellcasting mime.
    1007 From now on, the Pyrokineticist prestige class is banned to me.
    1008 As is the Vow of Peace feat.
    1009 I am to cease all efforts to homebrew a set of races based on My Little Pony.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

1009b. Especially since those already exist.
    1010. Absolutely no Dragonborn or Half Dragon My Little Ponies.

MrRigger

7. - Top - End - #547
    Orc in the Playground

1011. There are no such things as stats for Half-Force dragons.
    1011a. Nor Half-Prismatic dragons.
    1011b. Even if you find them, they don't exist.
    1012.And I KNOW that there's no such thing as a Half-Hetcaoncherie.
    1013. It is not possible to be be a worm that wal...son of a bitch.
    Last edited by Darthteej; 2011-08-16 at 02:34 AM.
    Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

1014. I will not while playing a pyromaniac alchemist (in Pathfinder) remember that ships are made of wood after the fact while being boarded.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

1015. I will not sing 99 bottles of Ale on the wall everytime someone attempts to read my mind a 6 INT score is not smart enough to count backwards...
    1016. I am not allowed to sing the whole song OOC to reenforce the point

10. - Top - End - #550
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elyssian View Post
    1015. I will not sing 99 bottles of Ale on the wall everytime someone attempts to read my mind a 6 INT score is not smart enough to count backwards...
    1015a. Nor may I sing "99 bottles of Ale on the floor" which counts up. Int 6 is too dumb to think of that.
    1015b. Convincing intelligent party members to suggest the idea IC is also forbidden.

(Next up is 1017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    1015a. Nor may I sing "99 bottles of Ale on the floor" which counts up. Int 6 is too dumb to think of that.
    1015b. Convincing intelligent party members to suggest the idea IC is also forbidden.

(Next up is 1017)
    What about "This is the Song that Never Ends?"
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

12. - Top - End - #552

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I could see a greatsword fighter, marching around town, "This is the sword that never ends, yes it stabs on and on my friends..."
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Depends on how lawful the character is. If he is very lawful, he will starve to death unless equipped with a ring* of sustenance or periodically distracted by his accomplices.

If he is more chaotic, he will probably only sing it to annoy "silly spell caster types".

*or some other artifact that removes his need to eat. You should probably also give him something to remove his need to sleep.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2011-08-17 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

14. - Top - End - #554

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Depends on how lawful the character is. If he is very lawful, he will starve to death unless equipped with a ring* of sustenance or periodically distracted by his accomplices.

If he is more chaotic, he will probably only sing it to annoy "silly spell caster types".

*or some other artifact that removes his need to eat. You should probably also give him something to remove his need to sleep.
    Change it to "This Is the Thought That Never Ends". Keep it up while sleeping, you'll never get bothered by those bothersome prophetic dreams. It'll also give you a great excuse for your INT of 3.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

15. - Top - End - #555

You write the spells, YOU WRITE THE SPELLS! heh.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

1017: Today's breakfast is not made out of yesterday's TPK victims.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aw but that halfling looked like good eating...
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

18. - Top - End - #558

BlueKnightGuy

a few M&M ones first

1017: no save mental transformation is not a power for the hero characters
    1018: even if you make the target be a hero, it's still 'morraly wrong'
    1019: taking a character with max ranks blast, wis 3 and an impulsive personality is aparantly a big no no
    1020: the best way to prevent the enemy with your previous character sheet from mind controling the mayor/executive/etc is NOT to turn the victim into a smouldering pile of ash...
    1021: X ray vision does not work that way...

and my one DnD one:
    1022: you cannot use Prestidigitation to dye the BBEG's eyes black - that is not how it works.

edit: and a few more
    1023: Bluff is not a viable replacement for spells/powers, no matter how many ranks I have
    1023a: i may not bluff my opponent into believing they are dead
    1023b: nor into believing they are my slaves
    1023c: I may not use the bluff skill

1024: Hold Portal will not stop Dimensional Door
    1024b: nor will it work against Gate
    1024c: I may not use hold portal to seal a fellow PC's mouth shut, no matter how annoying they are
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2011-08-26 at 01:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

1025: I may not have a masterwork item for Bluff, no matter if it works by RAW
    Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
    -Napoleon Bonaparte

Knowledge is power, all power corrupts, so study hard, be evil
    -Unknown

20. - Top - End - #560
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

1026: i am not aloud to sell something to a shop keeper then kill him to take it back
    1027: i am not aloud to buy something from a shop keeper then kill him to take my money back
    1028 i am not aloud to seduce the other PC's, no matter how well i roll
    1029 i am not aloud to use alter self to make myself look like another one of the PC's and then walk into the hospital of a main city and kill everyone in it
    1030 i am not aloud in hospitals
    1031 i am not aloud to put a bag of holding inside another bag of holding and then turn the first one inside out and then the second one inside out.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

1032: I am not allowed to critique the fashion choices of the NPC's, no matter how much they deserve it.
    1033: I am not allowed to cast Wall of Fire...ever.
    Druids: What do you mean I have to come out of wildshape sometime?

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

1034: I will not build a Thri-Kreen Warblade of the Tiger Claw

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme123 View Post
    1034: I will not build a Thri-Kreen Warblade of the Tiger Claw
    Dancing/Raging Mongoose only affects the first two weapons. Everything else is good!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-08-28 at 04:02 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

24. - Top - End - #564
    Pixie in the Playground

1035: Epic level craft skills cannot create the Bagger 288.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Barbarian in the Playground

1036: My jiriku's Monk fix (which is awesome) character cannot make fun of the party Cleric for being encased in metal.

1036a: especially not once said Cleric starts getting higher-level spells.

1036b: ... even if her nickname in the party is Clank.

26. - Top - End - #566

1037. When confronted with a magical scroll that copies anything written on it to another identical scroll, not allowed to use it as toilet paper.
    1037. b) Definitely not allowed to sell it to trolls as toilet paper either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    923: I may not cast Create Sun. (Yes, it exists. You want a link?)
    Yes, I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Yes, I do.
    I too, would like a link to the spell that creates a giant burning ball of light and inconvienence for the DM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    I too, would like a link to the spell that creates a giant burning ball of light and inconvienence for the DM.
    Isn't that a double-digit level spell from the Immortal's Handbook? AKA the Complete Epileptic Monkeys Handbook, as Glyphstone puts it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NNescio View Post
    Isn't that a double-digit level spell from the Immortal's Handbook? AKA the Complete Epileptic Monkeys Handbook, as Glyphstone puts it.
    drat.....

I was hoping it was just in some splatbook I haven't gotten ahold of.