New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

1198: I may no longer use my bardic music abilities to win or avoid every random encounter we come across.
    1199: I may not then attempt to convince the party to put me in charge, despite many previous rules to prevent that from happening.
    1200: I may not start wars that I have no way of having any control over.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

2. - Top - End - #662
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

1201 i may not promise one king to spy on an enemy kingdom, then go to the enemy kingdom and promise to spy on the first one and then send both kingdoms false info to start a war soly for the purpose of starting a war profiteering buisness and eventually getting enough combined income to buy out one of the kingdoms and win the war against hte other one after promising peace, thus conquering both kingdoms and then proceeding to take over the rest of the country.

1202 especially if i am a lawful good character

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

1203. If we've infiltrated the evil megacorp's cargo ship full of subdued mutants, I will not suggest sinking said ship within earshot of the character with Trickster 6.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #664

SwashbucklerGuy

1204: When we find the demon mini-boss after crawling through half the dungeon at a tortuously slow pace, it is generally in poor form to banish him in the first round.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

1205: I'm not aloud to make cursed rings of water walking that only function while the user is underwater.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

1206: Even though I waited two months before asking again, Iron Heart Surge still doesn't do that.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #667
    Dwarf in the Playground

1207: I may not create a warforged warlock that shouts "Booyah!" every now and then, and enjoys to tinker with modes of transportation.

1208: I may not make a monk that wears a mask and requests to be called by a bird's name.

1209: I may not make a shadow caster who chants "Azeroth Metrion Sinthos" with each cast.

1210: I may not make a female warlock that is too happy, naive, and uses strange words.

1211: I may not make a shifter druid.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeKnight View Post
    1207: I may not create a warforged warlock that shouts "Booyah!" every now and then, and enjoys to tinker with modes of transportation.

1208: I may not make a monk that wears a mask and requests to be called by a bird's name.

1209: I may not make a shadow caster who chants "Azeroth Metrion Sinthos" with each cast.

1210: I may not make a female warlock that is too happy, naive, and uses strange words.

1211: I may not make a shifter druid.
    1212: I may not play a aquatic elf fighter with ranks in linguistics

1213: The villain cannot be rogue, assassin, wizard, who believes he's a sorcerer and cannot die.
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

1214: I may not, under any circumstaces, play a genderbent version of a character who is already genderbent.
    1214a) If I do, I'm responsible for cleaning up the mess when people realize it.

1215: If I should happen to be playing an overpowered epic wizard, I am not to create numerous magic items designed for trolling and give them out like candy to apprentices. It won't end well.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

10. - Top - End - #670

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    1205: I'm not aloud to make cursed rings of water walking that only function while the user is underwater.
    Hey, I already did this one on page 10:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    520. Not allowed to deliberately make a Ring of Water Walking cursed so that it only works when under water.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

1216: I may not post the same thing after 685other things I may no longer do to make the DM cry
    1216b: I can however at 1000

1217: My epic level wizard cannot make magic items the copy the paladins abilities and give them to the fallen paladin to make them think nothing happened.
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

1218: I shall not play elves anymore...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

1219:When choosing the sex for my character, not to put down "Yes please."
    1219)B:Or "Both"
    1219).C: or "Neither."
    1220).Even if fantastic racism is integral to the setting, not to play a Klu-Klux Klan warlock.
    1220)B."But they have pointy hats" is not a valid explanation.
    1221)If we are playing in a futuristic setting, not to refer to it as the post cyberpocalypse,
    1221).B I will not "Brast" things out of my "Gunz,"
    1221).C And I cannot play as a legendary basketballer, his son, or a cyborg dwarf.
    1222)Putting a sight on my chainsaw does not improve my aim enough to justify a bonus.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

14. - Top - End - #674

SwashbucklerGuy

1223: Not allowed to cast a Maximized Retributive Shivering Touch on myself right before the dragon fight.
    1223B: Same goes for Contingency Maximized Shivering Touch.
    1223C: Maximized Shivering Touch is not allowed.

1224: Meleeing as a magic user is a BAD idea.
    1224B: Especially when most of your spells are illusions.

1225: If one illusion failed against the BBEG, that does not mean that I should try it again and again, hoping that he'll fail his will save.

*It does.*

What.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    1221)If we are playing in a futuristic setting, not to refer to it as the post cyberpocalypse,
    1221).B I will not "Brast" things out of my "Gunz,"
    1221).C And I cannot play as a legendary basketballer, his son, or a cyborg dwarf.
    LOVE that game.

1226. I may not play a Kender Paladin.
    1227. If I do play a Kender Paladin, I do so with full knowledge that "finding" too many "previously"-owned objects will in fact cause me to fall.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2011-09-26 at 03:31 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Barbarian in the Playground

1228. I may not, in a game where ECL rules are handwaived, make a Half-fiend Ragewalker and kill the DM's pet Dracolich in 3 turns with factotum and blinding speed giving me 3 standard actions a round.
    1228a. Nor may I almost kill 2 other characters who stand near me when I have my chains just flailing about.
    1228b. Even if it was their faults for walking into the range in the first place.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    1215: If I should happen to be playing an overpowered epic wizard, I am not to create numerous magic items designed for trolling and give them out like candy to apprentices. It won't end well.
    1215A: It will end awesome.

1229: I will no longer make the mistake of believing that "awesome" is the fourth alignment on the good-evil axis.

1230: Not allowed to put anything on my character sheet that it would be entirely unreasonable to expect any other human being to have to put up with hearing uttered.
    1230A: Especially with the expectation that I will be asked by the GM to read it off.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Dwarf in the Playground

1231: I may not convince friend Computer that he is in fact a Communist mutant traitor, and must report for termination.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

1232) Not to hack The Computer and replace all instances of "termination" with "promotion."
    1233) Not to hack The Computer and put in a command line Redefining war as "food fights," Freedom as "wearing ridiculous hats." or my P.C's name as "Doubleplusgood."
    1234) My troubleshooter is not O'Brien, nor is he Winston Smith.
    1234.B) If he becomes big brother at any point, my troubleshooter dies. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2011-09-27 at 02:38 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

20. - Top - End - #680
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

1235 - I'm not allowed to prove that yes, I actually can oneshot that dragon BBEG that the DM is so proud of.

1235a - Even if the DM challenged me.

1235b - Especially if the DM challenged me.

1235c - I'm not allowed to challenge someone else to do so either.

1236 - I'm not allowed to use Revert Gravity anywhere near a group of gnomes to create a "Gnome Fountain".

1236a - I'm not allowed to use Revert Gravity to cave-in any kind of construction.

1236b - I'm not allowed to use Revert Gravity to launch objects inside a 2x6 inches area into stratosphere. This includes someone's else's spellbook.

1236c - Revert Gravity, gnomes, and well placed Prismatic Walls doesn't emulate Pong.

1236d - I'm not allowed to use Revert Gravity

21. - Top - End - #681
    Halfling in the Playground

1237 - I may NOT juggle Thermal Detonators
    1238 - I do NOT have permission to "shoot the prisoner anyway"
    1239 - I must NOT go off alone and deliberately get kidnapped - it causes too much work for the DM
    1240 - Asking someone if they have a concealed weapon is not a sense motive check, ESPECIALLY if it is a spy game...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik View Post
    Most arguments start something like,
    WF=Wizard Fanboy

OP: I have this idea for feat X.
    WF: Wizard pwns your build.
    *Seven page argument about Wizards winning.*
    Quoted for truth

This statement is a lie

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

1241. I may no longer refer to the fortitude save cause by a coup de grace as my opponent's "opposed diplomacy roll."

1242. Knowing speak with dead is not an excuse to kill questgiver NPCs "just in case they are evil."

1243. Commune is not for prank calling god.

1244. Being harder to kill than the BBEG does not mean you get to mock the DM's optimizing skills, it will result in 10000 damage, so save, no SR.

1245. When the DM arbitrarily kills me, I am not allowed to cast delay death, then drown myself.
    Last edited by Elric VIII; 2011-09-27 at 09:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet91 View Post
    106 splintered bones do not work as a good replace ment for lock picks when breaking out of a jail cell.
    Just read this one from a long time back, but it reminded me of when our party was locked up in a dungeon. Our crusader managed to use a fork to pick the lock on her cuffs and the cell door, then used a butter knife to one shot a guard with a critical hit divine surge. We later made that knife an enchanted weapon. Who knows, it might go down in history as a legendary weapon eventually.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Exelbirth View Post
    Just read this one from a long time back, but it reminded me of when our party was locked up in a dungeon. Our crusader managed to use a fork to pick the lock on her cuffs and the cell door, then used a butter knife to one shot a guard with a critical hit divine surge. We later made that knife an enchanted weapon. Who knows, it might go down in history as a legendary weapon eventually.
    Dead Guy 1: So, buddy, how did YOU die?
    Guard: I was stabbed.
    Dead Guy 2: With what? Spear, sword, dagger?
    Guard: With a butter knife. That was thrown.
    Everyone: ...
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

1246: I will not use a tactical nuke in hand to hand combat.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

1246.B. Nor may I use tactical nukes as sniper rounds.
    1246.C. This does not mean I can use something as either just because its not a tactical nuke.

27. - Top - End - #687

1247: I may not use 50kg tungsten carbide shells in a mass driver as a "sniper" weapon.
    1247b: Or small asteroids
    1247c: Or moons
    1247d: I may not use a focused Coronal Mass Ejection on the BBEG

1248: I may not use any weapon more advanced than a rock or sharp stick
    1248b: I may not use sharp sticks

true story
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

28. - Top - End - #688

SwashbucklerGuy

1249: May not use anything from a Magic: The Gathering card as the basis for my attack strategy.
    1249A: Especially if it's a goblin card.
    1249B: This goes double if it's based solely on the flavor text.
    1249C: This goes triple if it's from Unhinged or Unglued.

1250: If I mention anything based on Munchkin, I will be thrown out of the room.
    1250A: This also applies to Killer Bunnies and any other similar games.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-09-28 at 08:27 PM.

*It does.*

What.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Dwarf in the Playground

1251: No colony drops.
    1251A: Put down that moon and back away slowly...

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kaomera View Post
    1251: No colony drops.
    1251A: Put down that moon and back away slowly...
    1251b. As a DM, I may not use the Happy Mask Salesman and have him sell Majora's Mask to the PCs.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting